Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince William’s Lawyer Tries to Suppress Rumors of Affair

Don't let this scandal die. We need a good royal ruckus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438June 17, 2019 10:46 AM

Meghan Markle LEAKED Affair Between Prince William & Rose Hanbury?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 13, 2019 9:40 PM

Royal lawyers issue warning over rumors of Prince William affair with Marchioness of Cholmondeley

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 13, 2019 9:43 PM

It's good to be da King, or at least second in line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 13, 2019 9:47 PM

It would be really interesting if William is really having an affair with the Marchioness of Cholmondeley--it would be like his father neglecting his much prettier wife to have an affair with a plainer woman. Rose Cholmondeley is a former model, but anyone can see Kate is much prettier.

by Anonymousreply 4April 13, 2019 9:53 PM

Well she's screwing SOMEONE.

by Anonymousreply 5April 13, 2019 9:53 PM

This is par for the course among the royals. Kate is a sensible and pragmatic woman, not a borderline personality disordered hysteric like Diana .I'm sure she'll manage just fine.

by Anonymousreply 6April 13, 2019 9:59 PM

Here is a photo of William and Kate with the Cholmondeleys.

David, the Marquess of Choldmondeley, was handsome when he was younger, but now he looks very dowdy and geeky as he has become older (he's close to sixty). He also looks very skinny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 13, 2019 10:00 PM

David Cholmondeley in 1992, when he was young and handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 13, 2019 10:01 PM

R8 has a loose definition of handsome.

by Anonymousreply 9April 13, 2019 10:06 PM

...Well, when he was younger.

by Anonymousreply 10April 13, 2019 10:06 PM

I had taken it for granted that princes have affairs. Prince Charles had a longtime well-publicized affair, Prince Philip had extramarital dalliances, I'd be surprised if King George VI, Queen Elizabeth's father, and King Edward VIII her uncle didn't. It's as natural as sneezing.

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2019 10:06 PM

Well he must have some libido.

by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2019 10:07 PM

We know https://www.datalounge.com/thread/22497953

by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2019 10:08 PM

I'm no royalist but I highly doubt William would do this. He knows how his dad got panned for screwing around on his mother, it just doesn't seem worth it. I could be wrong though.

by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2019 10:08 PM

You are.

by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2019 10:10 PM

I don't think he ever passionately loved Kate. But William is such a loser bore.

by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2019 10:14 PM

Why is Kate wearing a head of lettuce pinned to her dress in OP’s pic?

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2019 10:16 PM

it looks more like alfalfa

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2019 10:17 PM

R17 It was St Patrick’s day. She hands out shamrocks to the mascot of the Irish Guards and wears them herself pinned to her dress. It’s a tradition.

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2019 10:21 PM

The Marquess and Marchioness of Cholmondeley have a nicer house than Will and Kate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 13, 2019 10:29 PM

I doubt that George VI ever had an affair, he was a nervous stammering insecure person who adored his wife.

by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2019 10:35 PM

'house'

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2019 10:36 PM

I always think of puppets when I hear Marchioness.

by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2019 10:41 PM

Explore Houghton Hall’s extraordinary art collection

A new portrait of Rose Cholmondeley is joining the family’s collection of masterpieces

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2019 10:45 PM

I thought William would be above this kind of stuff, considering his history...

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2019 11:07 PM

Neither George VI nor his father George V, the current queen's father and grandfather, had affairs. They were too uptight.

I agree it would be really unlikely for either William or Harry to cheat on their wives, since they know how miserable their father's cheating made their mother, whom they are both obsessed with.

by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2019 11:09 PM

[quote] I agree it would be really unlikely for either William or Harry to cheat on their wives, since they know how miserable their father's cheating made their mother, whom they are both obsessed with.

Respectfully, that's just not how it works. Children grow up seeing their parents do all kinds of things (abuse drugs, hit their spouses, abuse their children, etc.). Yet, children repeat the same pattern (as their parents) rather than break the cycle.

by Anonymousreply 27April 13, 2019 11:17 PM

Well big whoopdedoo and quelle surprise. Those royals is all whores.

by Anonymousreply 28April 13, 2019 11:18 PM

R17 because her carrot, kale, and turnip pins were at the cleaner's.

by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2019 11:23 PM

Men and women aren't monogamous.

Yes, Frauen, your man, too.

by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2019 11:25 PM

Yup, Della...doesn’t matter what made them miserable when they were young. If anything, that draws them back to the trough.

by Anonymousreply 31April 13, 2019 11:26 PM

It's true that many people aren't monogamous.

But many people are.

by Anonymousreply 32April 13, 2019 11:27 PM

I say thee nay!

by Anonymousreply 33April 13, 2019 11:30 PM

Well Kate went and got all loosey "down there" from poppin' out all those wee bairns. What did the common frump expect?

by Anonymousreply 34April 13, 2019 11:31 PM

[quote]I agree it would be really unlikely for either William or Harry to cheat on their wives, since they know how miserable their father's cheating made their mother, whom they are both obsessed with.

It's true that William & Harry grew up with domestic discord between their parents, but that doesn't mean that biology and natural sexual urges won't take over sometimes.

They both have access to a lot of pussy, and it may be tough for them to resist it.

by Anonymousreply 35April 13, 2019 11:42 PM

Ordinarily I would be a pearlclutcher, but his wife has been pregnant for 7 years, so...

by Anonymousreply 36April 14, 2019 12:22 AM

I thought, while a bachelor, George VI had an affair with a married woman before he became king. His father asked him to break it off and he acquiesced.

by Anonymousreply 37April 14, 2019 12:22 AM

[quote]I thought William would be above this kind of stuff, considering his history...

No one is exempt from sex.

by Anonymousreply 38April 14, 2019 12:24 AM

William didn't get as much pussy as me before he got married, so he's trying to make up for it now.

by Anonymousreply 39April 14, 2019 12:24 AM

Well, if it's all over the net, the lawyer hasn't done a very good job of suppressing it.

by Anonymousreply 40April 14, 2019 12:24 AM

This affair and trying to squelch it is the reason that Harry and Markle are gossiped about and disliked. The bad press the Sussexes are getting are meant to distract from William's affair. And that's why the boys have split. Harry is pissed with William now that the Sussexes have to take the heat in the press--just so people don't pay attention to William's sex on the side.

by Anonymousreply 41April 14, 2019 12:35 AM

Kate is anorexic. Way too thin and wan. Something is wrong in that household. If not cheating, then she’s trying to make Meghan jealous by being stick thin. I’ll take the healthy looking Meg any day.

by Anonymousreply 42April 14, 2019 12:49 AM

I wonder if Kaiser and the readers of Celebitchy are masturbating furiously to this news. They all fantasize that she is Evil Incarnate.

by Anonymousreply 43April 14, 2019 12:55 AM

William is jealous that he never got to do stuff like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 14, 2019 1:02 AM

That Rose lady seems way too interesting and fabulous to have an affiar with boring dorky William

by Anonymousreply 45April 14, 2019 1:06 AM

Rose looks like a slightly glammed up Heather Matarrazo

by Anonymousreply 46April 14, 2019 1:10 AM

What kind of model was she--a [italic]hand[/italic] model?

by Anonymousreply 47April 14, 2019 1:24 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 14, 2019 1:50 AM

All those dames look like hungry rabbits.

by Anonymousreply 49April 14, 2019 2:06 AM

No, R48, she wasn’t born with a title. Don’t make stuff up, it just makes you look stupid.

“Stupider”, I mean.

She was born Miss Rose Hanbury. She married a man with a title ( Marquess of Cholmondeley) and as such derives her title from her husband.

You yanks need to either get it right or shut the fuck up when offering your opinion on the British aristocracy or royalty.

by Anonymousreply 50April 14, 2019 2:22 AM

^^ Yawn . . .

by Anonymousreply 51April 14, 2019 2:24 AM

I wonder if R50 has even the slightest idea of how little we care about the royal leeches. And we saved your fucking bacon in WW2.

by Anonymousreply 52April 14, 2019 2:46 AM

For the second time in 25 years, R52...

by Anonymousreply 53April 14, 2019 2:59 AM

[quote]All those dames look like hungry rabbits. —Miss Caswell

Better than looking like a rodent.

by Anonymousreply 54April 14, 2019 4:58 AM

William has always been kind of boring.

He was cute when he was younger and had a full head of hair, but Harry has always seemed like he would be more fun in bed.

by Anonymousreply 55April 14, 2019 5:06 AM

Judging from r48’s picture, I’d say a hand model.

by Anonymousreply 56April 14, 2019 5:09 AM

Shouldn't the husband be a 'Marquis' instead of an -ess anything? Is her husband trans?

by Anonymousreply 57April 14, 2019 5:12 AM

Any yet you read through 51 posts, R52, on a subject about which you profess to care so little...

And you assume that it was my bacon that “you” saved, or your forebears participated in saving, along with a whole bunch of other countries. Which it wasn’t.

But well done in responding like a stereotypical American!

by Anonymousreply 58April 14, 2019 5:17 AM

R8 He looks, well you know, Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 59April 14, 2019 5:21 AM

He is Jewish.

Probably put his lovely cut cock into many men.

by Anonymousreply 60April 14, 2019 5:24 AM

He’s of Jewish descent, R59. He speaks of it in interviews - his grandmother was the heiress Sybil Sassoon, who brought a lot of much needed funds into the family when she married his grandfather. She was from the French branch of the Rothschild family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 14, 2019 5:28 AM

No, R57. The Marquess of Cholmondeley is not “trans”.

FYI different countries have different ways of spelling words. That’s because different countries have different “languages”. In England, the people speak “English”. In France, the people speak “French”.

In English, the male title holder is the “Marquess”. His wife is the “Marchioness”.

In French, the male title holder is the “Marquis”. His wife is the “Marquise”.

Hope that helps!

by Anonymousreply 62April 14, 2019 6:18 AM

#44's pic is why Elizabeth summoned Harry to her throne and said: "Get a wife, get her pregnant and get it together!"

by Anonymousreply 63April 14, 2019 2:38 PM

R63, that may be true but it didn’t quite work immediately. He got engaged five years later after Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 64April 14, 2019 2:45 PM

[QUOTE]And you assume that it was my bacon that “you” saved, or your forebears participated in saving, along with a whole bunch of other countries.

Give me a break. America saved the world from Hitler, not a “whole bunch of other countries.” Don’t even think about diminishing our role in the war.

by Anonymousreply 65April 14, 2019 3:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 14, 2019 3:24 PM

You mean like the way we broke Enigma, R65?

by Anonymousreply 67April 14, 2019 3:30 PM

Is there going to be another British Royal Family Gossip thread?

by Anonymousreply 68April 14, 2019 3:36 PM

R7/R8 is correct. A quarter century ago the Marquess of Cholmondeley had sensual potential and quasi-regal potency. Now he has become a grinning, complaisant cuckold of a scarecrow rattling around that house while the balding, horse-faced heir to the throne finishes off in his wife.

by Anonymousreply 69April 14, 2019 3:36 PM

Who’s “we,” R67?

by Anonymousreply 70April 14, 2019 3:38 PM

I didn't raise him to bring such shame to his wife.

by Anonymousreply 71April 14, 2019 3:39 PM

Now I really want to get a license plate with "MARCHIONESS" printed on it

by Anonymousreply 72April 14, 2019 3:42 PM

So the press is reporting on his lawyers suppressing the affair in the news by reporting how his lawyers are suppressing the affair in the news. Mkay.

by Anonymousreply 73April 14, 2019 3:44 PM

Actually, WW2 ended more so on both fronts because of Russia's efforts, not ours. Particularly in Japan. Many mistakenly have the belief that Japan surrendered due to Nagasaki and Hiroshima. No. The Russians were coming and the Japanese were well aware of how savage their forces were in Europe. That is what finally convinced them to surrender.

by Anonymousreply 74April 14, 2019 3:45 PM

David Cholmondeley hung around Andy Warhol and the Factory in the early 1980s and was well-known to be bi.

by Anonymousreply 75April 14, 2019 3:47 PM

R74 = the biggest bunch of bullshit I ever read.

by Anonymousreply 76April 14, 2019 3:53 PM

R74 Total horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 77April 14, 2019 3:56 PM

Shouldn't you be at Breitbart, r77?

by Anonymousreply 78April 14, 2019 4:02 PM

Only a moron would deny the importance of the Soviet Union in defeating Hitler. They lost 24 million people in the war, about 50 times the US losses. Of course they started out by allying with the Nazis to divide up Poland and free Germany to focus on the west, but Hitler got greedy.

by Anonymousreply 79April 14, 2019 4:05 PM

R67, Enigma was broken in 1941, two years after the war started and four years before it ended. It would have been a very LONG four years for years for England if the U.S. hadn't come to its aid.

by Anonymousreply 80April 14, 2019 4:14 PM

The question remains, "Will the Duke of Cambridge heed the request by the Duchess of Cambridge to 'phase out' his main squeeze on the side, the Marchioness of Cholmondeley?

Title only. No names, please.

Their children are playmates. I'm sure it is all just an unfortunate misunderstanding by the duchess. By the way, "Marchioness of Cholmondeley" sounds much more regal and aristocratic than "Duchess of Cambridge."

by Anonymousreply 81April 14, 2019 4:22 PM

[quote] Shouldn't the husband be a 'Marquis' instead of an -ess anything?

No. Some holders of marquessates in the UK take the title of "Marquis," and some take the title of "Marquess." They are pronounced identically, only spelled differently, depending on the custom when the marquessate was created.

by Anonymousreply 82April 14, 2019 4:24 PM

America came into the first world war two and half years after it started. It came into the second world war at the end of 1941... again about two years since the start of hostilities.

So let's recall the Winston Churchill quote: You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else

by Anonymousreply 83April 14, 2019 4:25 PM

[quote]By the way, "Marchioness of Cholmondeley" sounds much more regal and aristocratic than "Duchess of Cambridge."

No, it doesn't at all. The title of an ordinary duchess outranks a marchioness, and a royal duchess's title outranks that of an ordinary duchess.

Some of you are just pulling things out of your asses.

by Anonymousreply 84April 14, 2019 4:25 PM

[quote] Now I really want to get a license plate with "MARCHIONESS" printed on it

That would be too many letters.

by Anonymousreply 85April 14, 2019 4:26 PM

Well, it had to happen sooner or later...

by Anonymousreply 86April 14, 2019 4:27 PM

Further to R80: Enigma was broken thanks in large part to the contributions of Alan Turing, an English mathematician, computer scientist, logician, cryptanalyst, philosopher and theoretical biologist.

During the Second World War, Turing worked for the Government Code and Cypher School (GC&CS) at Bletchley Park, Britain's codebreaking centre that produced Ultra intelligence. For a time he led Hut 8, the section that was responsible for German naval cryptanalysis. Here, he devised a number of techniques for speeding the breaking of German ciphers, including improvements to the pre-war Polish bombe method, an electromechanical machine that could find settings for the Enigma machine.

Turing played a pivotal role in cracking intercepted coded messages that enabled the Allies to defeat the Nazis in many crucial engagements, including the Battle of the Atlantic, and in so doing helped win the war. Counterfactual history is difficult with respect to the effect Ultra intelligence had on the length of the war, but at the upper end it has been estimated that this work shortened the war in Europe by more than two years and saved over 14 million lives.

And how did the British government thank him for his efforts to shorten the war and save millions of lives?

Turing was prosecuted in 1952 for homosexual acts as the Labouchere Amendment had mandated that "gross indecency" was a criminal offence in the UK. He accepted chemical castration treatment, with DES, as an alternative to prison. Turing died in 1954, 16 days before his 42nd birthday, from cyanide poisoning. An inquest determined his death as a suicide, but it has been noted that the known evidence is also consistent with accidental poisoning.

Forty-five years after his death, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown made an official public apology on behalf of the British government for "the appalling way he was treated."

Not that it did Turing much good.

by Anonymousreply 87April 14, 2019 4:39 PM

^^ Great story, I had never heard that

by Anonymousreply 88April 14, 2019 5:46 PM

If he is straying in Kate's shoes I'd just get me a bit of hot bodyguard action to even up the score. It's not like he's going to divorce her.

by Anonymousreply 89April 14, 2019 5:51 PM

R87, why am I supposed to care about your post? You do know that a movie was made about Turing, right? He's not some obscure figure.

by Anonymousreply 90April 14, 2019 6:00 PM

Maybe the marchioness like the uncut cock.

by Anonymousreply 91April 14, 2019 6:30 PM

The marchioness loves Will's intact cock. The problem is Kate wants it too without it resulting in another kid.

by Anonymousreply 92April 14, 2019 6:38 PM

Jesus. Listen the Soviet Union declared war on Japan after Germany was defeated. They only fought on one front, and one enemy. Not like the US at all. Germany needed Soviet oil and so, invaded.

The Soviets defended their country, that's where the death count comes in. not from fighting for other countries. In other words, US is fighting an ofensive war, USSR a defensive one. They did not fight the war in the pacific. Then, Stalin thought, yes, let's grab territory. And entered the pacific theater way late.

Yes, the USSR, US, France, UK were allies.

For the record we put Nazis on trial at the end of WW2. Crimes against humanity and genocide. Nazis are bad people.

Back to this mess. The side piece and Kate look similar. Same build, hair. Same social standing. I think that's interesting. Have there been other cheating rumors about Will?

by Anonymousreply 93April 14, 2019 6:39 PM

R90: I do know that at least three movies, not one as you mention, have been made about Turing: Breaking the Code in 1996, Codebreaker in 2013, and The Imitation Game in 2014. Another three, 2000's U-571, 2001's Enigma, and 2001's All the Queen's Men dealt primarily with obtaining the Enigma machines, but of these three only the film Enigma deals with Bletchley Park and Turing in any detail. The third, All the Queen's Men, is unsurprisingly execrable, understandably as Matt LeBlanc and Eddie Izzard are the leads. In drag.

If you've seen The Imitation Game and relied on it as an accurate portrayal you'd be misinformed as Turing and the team at Bletchley were not the first to break the Enigma code; that had been done years before, starting in 1927, by the Polish Army's Cipher Bureau. While much credit is due Turing - far more than he received from the British government during his lifetime - at least as much or more is due the Poles whose contribution is accorded exactly one sentence in the film. It's said that when The Imitation Game was first shown in Warsaw, a hush fell over the crowd in the theatre when they realized that was all the credit the Polish contribution was going to get. See the story below from The Telegraph several years ago.

And, "No," I don't trouble myself by wondering why anyone, let alone you - whoever you are - cares about something I post. It's an anonymous board. I can't imagine why you'd ask if I do, though. I am, of course, happy to provide accurate information as noted by R88: "Great story. I had never heard that." Making me think perhaps not everyone is familiar with the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 14, 2019 6:58 PM

r74 is correct.

r93, Hitler had 3/4 of his military on the Eastern Front: Russia.

I know us Americans don't like it when our self-invented "exceptionalism" is challenged but, to know that Russia earned, at the cost of millions of lives, to lion's share of the credit for defeating Hitler doesn't take away from what Americans and other Allied did.

by Anonymousreply 95April 14, 2019 7:04 PM

R94, I'm not relying on movies for anything. I'm just trying to figure out why you brought my initial post into it and then act like Turing is some obscure historical figure especially on a gay board. .

by Anonymousreply 96April 14, 2019 7:12 PM

[quote]The marchioness loves Will's intact cock. The problem is Kate wants it too without it resulting in another kid.

Why can't they just share? One on each side.

by Anonymousreply 97April 14, 2019 7:12 PM

[quote] FYI different countries have different ways of spelling words. That’s because different countries have different “languages”. In England, the people speak “English”. In France, the people speak “French”. In English, the male title holder is the “Marquess”. His wife is the “Marchioness”.In French, the male title holder is the “Marquis”. His wife is the “Marquise”.

The use of "marchioness" was rare in England until the Stuart times. The wife of a Marquis was known as "The Lady Marquis of...." One of the few women who received a Marquessate in her own right was known as "The Lady Marquis of Pembroke". Over time, more and more marquises opted to use the spelling of "marquess". It wasn't until Queen Victoria's time that "marquess" became the standard, although in Scotland "marquis" was still being used by some peers as late as World War I.

When members of the British Royal Family gave up German titles during the First World War, Queen Mary's youngest brother, Prince Alexander of Teck was offered the title of Marquess of Athlone (Athlone was an Irish territorial designation as Ireland was still part of the UK then) in compensation for his lost German princely title. Alexander turned his nose up at it saying that "marquess" sounded French and that he would prefer to made an earl. So, Earl of Athlone it was.

by Anonymousreply 98April 14, 2019 7:24 PM

R96 Are you also R67?

If so, re-read what you wrote, "You mean like the way [bold]we[/bold] broke Enigma" in response to R65's "Give me a break. America saved the world from Hitler, not a “whole bunch of other countries.” Don’t even think about diminishing our role in the war."

Then re-read what I wrote. Unless you're Polish, your "we" - presumably Turing and Company at Bletchley Park - were not the first to break the Enigma code. The Poles were.

by Anonymousreply 99April 14, 2019 7:24 PM

R95 sweetie, I know we Americans used to read books.

To review: the USSR fought a defensive war with one other country.

The US fought an offensive war that was global in scale,

It's terrible thousands of Soviet civilians and soldiers died defending their homeland.

It's also terrible Stalin made a pack with Germany to invade Poland in the first fucking place.

It's also terrible Stalin purged his military staff so that the Soviets had no military command on the ground when the Germans invaded, leading to the above mentioned death of thousands.

So, yes, if you want to credit the unnecessary death of thousands of people has "helpful" in stopping a German advance great.

Now, do we think Will has had other side pieces?

by Anonymousreply 100April 14, 2019 7:25 PM

No, r99, I did not post at r67. Again, not sure why I'm on the receiving end of your lecture.

by Anonymousreply 101April 14, 2019 7:27 PM

What was your initial post?

by Anonymousreply 102April 14, 2019 7:58 PM

Bye, r102.

by Anonymousreply 103April 14, 2019 8:04 PM

Enough with the Enigma. We're talking about a royal scandal here. William cheated. Kate wants Rose "phased out." Wow. Why isn't she demanding that the other woman Rose be cut off? "Phased out?" That's kind of odd and rather tolerant aimed at a women she wants banished from Williams's life.

Enigma people...get your own thread.

by Anonymousreply 104April 14, 2019 8:10 PM

Enigma PERSON, r104. I didn't want to be on the receiving end of some Aspie's lecture on Turing.

by Anonymousreply 105April 14, 2019 8:12 PM

He also wants to fuck Meghan. Lol, William is a sneaky bitch, watch that cunt when he's not talking. Sneaky as hellllllll with a wondering eye.

by Anonymousreply 106April 14, 2019 8:15 PM

William look good in leather shorts.

by Anonymousreply 107April 14, 2019 8:16 PM

Marchioness! Marchioness! Marchioness!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 14, 2019 8:17 PM

R105, I can't seem to post it, but cosmo has an article that addresses the phasing out language. No one knows what happened and Kate is upset that "phasing out" was used in the sun article. Due to libel laws, the press won't speculate. Delicious. I think there's more side pieces.

by Anonymousreply 109April 14, 2019 8:20 PM

Kate wants Rose "phased out." That's terribly polite. Why doesn't she tell William to knock it the fuck off immediately or get the hell out?

Phased out sounds like she's going to finish up the last of the soup even though she doesn't care for it. And then next time she's at the grocery store she'll pick up a couple of cans of old reliable chicken noodle.

by Anonymousreply 110April 14, 2019 9:05 PM

Marquess is my new Grindr name.

Marchioness is my new drag name.

by Anonymousreply 111April 14, 2019 9:06 PM

[quote]Kate is upset that "phasing out" was used in the sun article.

I haven't heard that. Here's what [italic]Vanity Fair France[/italic] writes regarding the rumours

[quote][bold]Not the first time.[/bold] VF France says “it’s not the first time” William and Kate have faced these kinds of rumors but with the Rose Hanbury situation, the Cambridges “seem shaken and destabilized.”

[quote][bold]The Cholmondeleys were cut off[/bold] VF France theorizes that the rumors basically started because Kate completely cut off the Cholmondeleys and asked the Turnip Toffs to do the same without explanation, and that’s why there’s been so much gossip within the Toff set. The Sun apparently “received a warning from the Palace in attempt to shut down the story.” But: “This infidelity is supposedly an open secret waiting to be spread on the public place.”

If Kate did move against the Cholmondeleys, it is a stupid move. Neither Will nor the Turnip Toffs are going to follow. If anyone is cut off, it's going to be Kate. She gains nothing by having the affair public; her best bet to wait it out. OTOH, Rose leaked that she doesn't care what is out there.

by Anonymousreply 112April 14, 2019 10:02 PM

No, R99, I was attempting sarcasm - I despise thoughtless American exceptionalism.

by Anonymousreply 113April 14, 2019 10:11 PM

The "phase out" phrasing is part of the attempt at a cover up.

by Anonymousreply 114April 14, 2019 10:21 PM

R122, thanks for the clarification. Palace intrigue, love it. How will Kate play her card? She waited years for the ring.

by Anonymousreply 115April 14, 2019 10:23 PM

"[italic]Pack[/italic]," R100?

by Anonymousreply 116April 14, 2019 10:40 PM

He's a good boy is our WIlliam.

by Anonymousreply 117April 14, 2019 10:43 PM

r115 I don't know. [bold]Kate is very vulnerable, she's done her duty and is expendable.[/bold] Charles proved you can discard one wife, pick up another, and everyone eventually accepts it.

My thinking is that [bold]Kate is not filing for divorce, putting the ball in William's court.[/bold] She'll make it obvious that he is discarding her for slutty Rose. I don't know if Will, a man who always takes the path of least resistance, files for divorce.

[bold]Rose is the wildcard.[/bold] Does she continue to leak stories to the press? Does she arrange to be papped w/Will? With William's consent, [bold]she can make it super uncomfortable for Kate - both within the Turnip set and in the press. [/bold]

Another thing - even before the "phase out" articles, [bold]increasingly negative articles about the Middletons (esp Carole) began appearing. IMO, there is [bold]blood in the water re Kate & Midds, they are no longer under William's protection.[/bold] In fact, the anti-Midd articles are more problematic than the Rose affair. We don't know anything about Rose & Will - but it's been a long time since the Midds have been treated negatively in the press.

So, if Will wants to be rid of Kate, he will increase the heat on her and her family. He may not marry Rose. He, already has the kids, he can return to bachelor days w/photo ops with the children every so often.

[bold]William does not respect Kate,[/bold] has been thoughtlessly cruel to her before, and is capable of anything.

by Anonymousreply 118April 14, 2019 10:46 PM

That Rose woman is positively deformed.

Was she modelling for the blind?

by Anonymousreply 119April 14, 2019 10:49 PM

R118, who do you think has incentive for all these nasty stories now coming out? Hmm. I have a guess it involves a an ex-D List actress and her slimy PR agency.

by Anonymousreply 120April 14, 2019 10:51 PM

My favorite Marchioness is Lady Edith, Marchioness of Hexum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 14, 2019 11:02 PM

Kate Middleton is such a basic bitch as far as the Tatler set goes. Of course he got tired of that.

by Anonymousreply 122April 14, 2019 11:10 PM

You people need to realise that this is the British Royal Family, not “Survivor: Lochnagar”.

by Anonymousreply 123April 14, 2019 11:12 PM

The side chick looks like Eleanor Roosevelt.

by Anonymousreply 124April 14, 2019 11:15 PM

[quote]Well, it had to happen sooner or later...

What? That Godwin's Law was fulfilled or that the second in line to the throne is allegedly having an affair?

by Anonymousreply 125April 14, 2019 11:16 PM

He's not going anywhere. Men have affairs and never leave their wives. I have no doubt that Kate will be Queen.

by Anonymousreply 126April 14, 2019 11:22 PM

The thing with Kate is that she doesn't seem to have many interests or passions for different causes except for breeding. It's not like she's a notable patron of arts, championing social or environmental causes, whereas the women from that set usually have those interests and have something to talk about even if they will never work a day in the rest of their lives. That's what I meant when I characterized her as "basic."

by Anonymousreply 127April 14, 2019 11:31 PM

r120 - I agree with [italic]Vanity Fair France[/italic] and other French publications (Public) on how this developed.

1 - Will & Rose begin a relationship. 2 - Rose brags about it to Will's friends. The story spreads to all the Turnips and then beyond. 2 - Kate finds out, asks the Turnips to cut Rose off. (Something that will not happen, because Rose & Will are natural members of their set, Kate is an interloper.) 4 - The Turnips retaliate by letting the press get wind of it. Rose refuses to deny it.

Rose has the incentive. She already humiliated Kate among the Turnips, let it spread to other groups; so, of course, when Kate responds, she all the incentive to continue humiliating her in the press.

Not so much b/c it is Rose's interest, but b/c it is so damaging to Kate's position. I wonder if Will gave tacit approval.

Meghan has her own problems; I can't imagine after all the bennies the BRF have denied her (jewelry, KP apt, separate press office, frog house) that she pokes that hornet's nest. Meghan (IMO rightly so) is looking to monetize her position so that she can leave whenever she wants.

by Anonymousreply 128April 14, 2019 11:46 PM

You’re a member of their set, R128, are you? You seem quite familiar with them.

Or did you just read something in an article that quoted an article that was originally in Vanity Fair France?

by Anonymousreply 129April 14, 2019 11:55 PM

[quote]2 - Rose brags about it to Will's friends. The story spreads to all the Turnips and then beyond.

If William is as fiercely protective of his privacy as we have been led to believe, and if there was an affair, Rose committed a cardinal sin in his book by blabbing to friends., who blabbed to others, etc. to the point that the "whispers" would reach the press. This is a man who purportedly drops false details in conversations to see if it gets back to him or is leaked to the press. Talking indiscreetly would be enough for William to cut her off on his own without any intercession from his wife.

by Anonymousreply 130April 14, 2019 11:56 PM

Prince William likes to fuck. And so?

by Anonymousreply 131April 15, 2019 12:05 AM

R128 You have no idea how the aristocracy works. I saw it best described by the writer Jilly Cooper, who said that their attitude is (paraphrasing): marry well and produce an heir at all costs, then do what you like. Which neatly explains the sexual proclivities of the upper classes, and why they are relaxed about affairs, dodgy parentage issues with younger children and gay men marrying women, having an heir then carrying on as ever.

It’s only when those of us from the lower orders look at their behaviour through our own suburban lens that we get confused, disbelieving or outraged. It has always been thus and always will. R131 - you got it in one!

by Anonymousreply 132April 15, 2019 12:12 AM

r129 I am not a Turnip, I have a work mate in London who … well not a Turnip, but some type of vegetable. He confirmed that there was some trouble, didn't know details.

r130 That is the whole point isn't it. Why didn't Will cut Rose out? In the French press, she is identified as the one who spread the story to his friends. She seeded to the clouds so the press got hold of it. Moreover, the initial threats of lawsuits state that both families would go to the lawyers. The second threat (implemented) mentioned that "Rose has a wild side and doesn't care what's out there." Hmmm.

r132 I know how the British aristocracy works. That is what makes this story so strange. By all expectations, Kate would look the other way.

So the rumors start, Will doesn't cut Rose off, Kate insists. Odd sequence of events. I wonder what is going on? IMO - they want Kate to file for divorce. Why, who knows? Within whatever boundaries Will & Kate established for their marriage, this one crossed it.

by Anonymousreply 133April 15, 2019 12:29 AM

R133 Well of course you’re not a “turnip” - if you were, you’d realise that the last thing that members of any upper class set would be to use a name invented by the Daily Mail.

“Turnip toffs” FFS! Daily Mail bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 134April 15, 2019 12:33 AM

r134 - They call themselves that. Their form of wittiness.

by Anonymousreply 135April 15, 2019 12:42 AM

[quote]That is the whole point isn't it. Why didn't Will cut Rose out?

How do we know that he has or hasn't cut her off? Or that if Kate really delivered an ultimatum? Because William would run to Rose and say that his wife has given him an ultimatum and then she went to her friends and repeated the whole process? Does this no sound odd?

by Anonymousreply 136April 15, 2019 12:44 AM

What does “Turnip” mean?

by Anonymousreply 137April 15, 2019 12:47 AM

Does William have game? Does his willie get big?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138April 15, 2019 12:48 AM

Norfolk, the county where they all live, is largely agricultural... toffs are posh people... so somebody conjured up Turnip Toffs to define the Norfolk crowd.

by Anonymousreply 139April 15, 2019 12:49 AM

Yes, R139 - some lazy hack in the Daily Mail invented it after a few pints at lunchtime. It’s what they do. They also invented “Her Royal Hotness” for Pippa Middleton at the time of her sister’s wedding. Didn’t take off. It’s what Daily Mail “journalists” do. Sometimes it gets picked up, sometimes it doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 140April 15, 2019 12:53 AM

>How do we know that he has or hasn't cut her off? Or that if Kate really delivered an ultimatum? Because William would run to Rose and say that his wife has given him an ultimatum and then she went to her friends and repeated the whole process? Does this no sound odd?

We don't. And, yes, it sounds so odd.

The French press stated that Rose started the rumors. They stated that Kate wanted to cut Rose out. No one has said Will actually cut her off. There is more to this story!

by Anonymousreply 141April 15, 2019 12:54 AM

Will and Kate haven’t been seen in a while. Is that a coincidence? We’re appearences cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 142April 15, 2019 12:59 AM

[quote] My favorite Marchioness is Lady Edith, Marchioness of Hexum.

I cried when her husband, Jon-Erik died.

by Anonymousreply 143April 15, 2019 1:09 AM

R142 They were seen yesterday with their cousins the Tindalls. They have had no official engagements as it’s school holidays in the UK and they tend to stay at home with their children at these times, or go on holiday with them.

Like all conspiracy theorists you are looking for something which isn’t there.

by Anonymousreply 144April 15, 2019 1:13 AM

[quote]We’re appearences cancelled?

Oh DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 145April 15, 2019 1:14 AM

We’re appearences cancelled?

Two out of three ain't good.

by Anonymousreply 146April 15, 2019 1:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 15, 2019 1:17 AM

They seem incapable of managing their PR. What a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 148April 15, 2019 1:19 AM

If they are, it'd seem it's because William is incapable of managing his willy

by Anonymousreply 149April 15, 2019 1:21 AM

Why would any woman want to sleep with him, anyway? He’s ghastly. Even uglier than his father.

by Anonymousreply 150April 15, 2019 1:24 AM

Kate needs to read up on Charles, Diana, and Tiggy Legge-Bourke.

by Anonymousreply 151April 15, 2019 1:25 AM

Much of this thread reads like dumb mean girls trying to spread gossip among other thirsty girls.

Incidentally, the same demographic who adore Meghan.

Just sayin'...

by Anonymousreply 152April 15, 2019 1:26 AM

Back to the thread title: just how does Prince William's lawyer try to suppress rumors of (William's) affair

...when everyone from here to China knows about it? So The Daily Fail and The Sun can't print it in the UK: big deal. Does his lawyer plan to sue the internet?

by Anonymousreply 153April 15, 2019 1:29 AM

Sure R150, and you’re a total looker, right?

He’s tall, fit, not unattractive, exceedingly rich, only going to get richer and will one day be Head of State of the United Kingdom and of the other Commonwealth realms. And he also allegedly has a big fat cock, hence his uni nickname of “Big Willy”.

Yeah nothing there to attract people. How many are lined up to shag you, R150? You don’t understand how the works works, do you?

by Anonymousreply 154April 15, 2019 1:29 AM

A journalist friend of mine here in the States recently visited the UK. My US journalist friend has her own journalist friend in the UK, who told my friend all about this William/Rose cheating story before it became public. Then, a couple of months later, the story became public just as the UK journalist said. William cheated. Rose leaked it to the press.

But while all this was happening a few months ago, the press and the palace (secretly) continued to push the story that Markle is a social climbing bitch who doesn't get along with Kate so as to cause a distraction from the William cheating story. And that's why Harry is pissed at William. Kate and Markle are different but don't have much of a problem with each other. Harry resents everyone dumping on Markle and using her as the distraction to hide William's cheating. But now that the William/Rose cheating story is public, the heat is slightly off Markle. However, Harry is still mad because Markle's reputation took a bad hit partly due to William and partly due to Markle herself. Now the palace is doing everything possible to squash any stories William. It's working a bit. But the damage between the Cambridges and the Sussexes is done and will take a long time to repair if it can be at all.

by Anonymousreply 155April 15, 2019 1:47 AM

^ what a load of rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 156April 15, 2019 2:04 AM

Would the public accept Rose as Queen? What will happen to Kate?

by Anonymousreply 157April 15, 2019 2:13 AM

R155 sounds plausible to me. Poor Kate. She seems quite admirable. How boring of William to cheat, and with a chinless aristo, how unoriginal. Dammit, this is making me feel sympathy for the Harkles!

by Anonymousreply 158April 15, 2019 2:13 AM

And Rose is chinless.

by Anonymousreply 159April 15, 2019 2:24 AM

Let's just put all this talk about who's the next queen, Kate or Rose, off for just a bit!

by Anonymousreply 160April 15, 2019 2:29 AM

[quote] My favorite Marchioness is Lady Edith, Marchioness of Hexum.

Is she related to Jon-Erik?

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 161April 15, 2019 2:31 AM

Kate should be addressed as Her Royal Basicness

by Anonymousreply 162April 15, 2019 2:31 AM

And all you people who believe that this cheating storey is true, believe it because, why? You read it somewhere? In the Fail? The Sun? People? In Touch?

So much stupid on these threads.

by Anonymousreply 163April 15, 2019 2:33 AM

^ “story”, obviously, before the few of you who can spell pile on.

by Anonymousreply 164April 15, 2019 2:34 AM

I posted this on another thread about this situation. The more I read about it, the more I wonder if it applies. First off, I'm surprised that there are people who are surprised about this. I'd be more surprised (going for 3!) if Will (or Kate ) *didn't* have affairs during the marriage. Those two won't get divorced, it would serve neither one well. However, expecting them to only have the other to fuck until death they do part is charmingly innocent, and highly unlikely (how boring!)

Emotional affairs are the truly dangerous ones, and I'm wondering if something like that went down in this case. Will's fuck may have evolved into fancy.

by Anonymousreply 165April 15, 2019 2:39 AM

I doubt Kate was cheating. She doesn’t appear to have much of a libido.

by Anonymousreply 166April 15, 2019 2:42 AM

Isn’t Kate hooking up with an ex or some sailor?

by Anonymousreply 167April 15, 2019 2:46 AM

R166 How do you know that she doesn’t have much of a libido?

by Anonymousreply 168April 15, 2019 3:26 AM

r155 Any idea why Rose leaked it? It occurred coincidentally b/t Meghan's baby shower and the birth. At the height Meghan-mania..

by Anonymousreply 169April 15, 2019 3:57 AM

She didn’t leak it on purpose re timing, r169. She told friends in confidence and they leaked it.

by Anonymousreply 170April 15, 2019 4:02 AM

How do you know this, R170?

by Anonymousreply 171April 15, 2019 4:15 AM

Rose didn't leak the story to the press. She told friends in confidence. Dammit, she wanted to tell someone that she was fucking the future king of England. Who wouldn't? But her secret didn't remain a secret. The friends, acquaintances leaked the news. It's difficult to contain such a scandal.

by Anonymousreply 172April 15, 2019 4:35 AM

How do you know this, R172?

It’s a serious question - when I see people making statements like “she told friends in confidence” I like to know if it’s based on facts or purely conjecture.

Besides, in those circles, shagging a prince wouldn’t be such a big deal if one is married to a Marquess - the Lord Great Chamberlain - and chatelaine of Cholmondeley Cadtle and Houghton Hall.

It’s not as if Rose is an office administrator from Slough.

by Anonymousreply 173April 15, 2019 5:15 AM

If Rose leaked it, it means she wants something out of it. Like a crown.

by Anonymousreply 174April 15, 2019 5:17 AM

R173, they got it from the media and some royal watcher's twitter account.

by Anonymousreply 175April 15, 2019 5:19 AM

I'm sure Kate doesn't give a fuck as long as she has her $$$ and title.

by Anonymousreply 176April 15, 2019 5:28 AM

Oh stop it R174 - you’ve been watching too much Game of Thrones. Fucking hell - the frauen on these friends sometimes beggar belief.

by Anonymousreply 177April 15, 2019 5:28 AM

“Some royal watcher’s twitter account”, R175?

Oh, that sounds completely plausible!

by Anonymousreply 178April 15, 2019 5:30 AM

R177 here - “threads” not “friends”

by Anonymousreply 179April 15, 2019 5:31 AM

For all we know, Will and Kate had a huge fight about something and he blurted it out.

Rose was born and raised in those circles. She wouldn't be that dumb to blab to someone she didn't know very well, and if she did tell a friend, I would assume that friend is from the same circle(s), and said friend would also not be that dumb. Maybe my fight theory is true, and one of the household staff went telling tales. I don't know.

I really don't think Rose is the leaker. To what end? She doesn't want Kate's job. None of Will's exes did. She already has plenty of money and she has far more freedom than Kate will ever see again. Why would she blow a good thing?

the "MeMe" troll can fuck off any time now. Way past your bedtime kid.

by Anonymousreply 180April 15, 2019 5:37 AM

R173. I know because my journalist friend told me that Rose told friends in confidence about her affair, and news like this doesn't remain a secret. The general consensus is that Rose did not leak the news, and the press did not find out about the affair from her. She told friends (as it turns out, unwisely) and word started spreading. And maybe the friend didn't say anything, but maybe a member of someone's staff said something. People talk no matter how much you swear them to secrecy--or think they don't know. Plus, there are all sorts of royal watchers/writers who have contacts within aristocratic circles. Affairs don't go unnoticed no matter how hard the two parties involved think they're keeping it a secret.

Do I know for certain that this is how things became public? No. But I know as much as my journalist friend told me who recently got back from the UK--and she got the news from fellow UK journalists. These journalists were dying to find out this news. They started asking around. Word got out.

by Anonymousreply 181April 15, 2019 5:43 AM

r181 Sounds plausible and straightforward to me. Occam's razor and all that.

I still don't know why hot head had to get his fucking lawyers involved. Now everyone looks bad in this. It could have gone away quietly, but no, he had to fan the flames.

Stupid, stupid move....and he's going to be King someday? Oy vey.

by Anonymousreply 182April 15, 2019 5:50 AM

Exactly R180 - why would anybody with a title, a couple of magnificent houses at their disposal and vast amounts of money want to marry into the royal family? If they wanted to, they would. The last member of the aristocracy to marry into the royal family was Diana. And we all know how well that worked out.

This story is quite possibly an invention that was planted with the press and which has no factual basis at all, but has then been picked up on boards such as this, then fed back to the press like the Mail, and had gone from being a story about a rumour to being a story about, what? Something someone invented?

I can see that the suburban housewives who have invaded DL would find it all very exciting but I believe that it’s just a tired rumour about two reasonably well known, reasonably rich, not unattractive people possibly fucking. Or probably not.

And as for R172 quoting their friend a journalist as a source - the British tabloids pay people to sit around and invent shit like this all day long. Sometimes the story gets picked up, as this one did, usually it’s just one day’s click bait and subsequently vanishes. Just because it appears online doesn’t make it real. Look at the massive volumes of shit on sites such as DL which people quite as gospel because they’ve seen it on...DL!

by Anonymousreply 183April 15, 2019 5:53 AM

R180 here,

Sorry the "MeMe" troll is on the other thread discussing this. I got my threads confused.

by Anonymousreply 184April 15, 2019 5:53 AM

R181, you do realize that the source of your journalist friend's info is the same as the royal watcher's posted up thread? Both are relying on gossip.

by Anonymousreply 185April 15, 2019 5:53 AM

Didn't I just see this on [italic] PBS Master's Piece Theater?

by Anonymousreply 186April 15, 2019 5:56 AM

Yes, people talk. Slightly off topic, but to prove my point: Last year, a key director of our staff at work was leaving the company. It was highly confidential because there was a question of whether this employee was leaving on his own or being fired, and it was going to leave a big void in the running of the company. There were basically three people who knew the details: the CEO, the chief of staff and this particular employee. No one else. However, one evening after hours (but not too late), the CEO was waiting for the elevator with the chief of staff. My office was right next door to the elevator. The CEO was talking about this employee leaving. The CEO did not know I was in my office, and as a result, I overheard the conversation. So now, I knew this top secret news. The elevator came, and the CEO and chief of staff got on the elevator and left the building.

I then discretely leaked the news to some other key executives who needed to know that this person was leaving. So yes, people talk. No one knew that I knew this information, and no one knew how I knew. But I knew. So someone on the royal staff or on the marchioness' staff could have overheard or seen something that no one else knew. Things happen. People talk, and sometimes you never know how they found out.

by Anonymousreply 187April 15, 2019 6:02 AM

Do I smell a burning caftan?

by Anonymousreply 188April 15, 2019 6:04 AM

Probably the fat gossipy Irish cook or that snippy chambermaid.

by Anonymousreply 189April 15, 2019 6:09 AM

[quote]Besides, in those circles, shagging a prince wouldn’t be such a big deal if one is married to a Marquess - the Lord Great Chamberlain - and chatelaine of Cholmondeley Cadtle and Houghton Hall.

It is a huge deal. If you don't understand that, cutting and pasting from Google and using one as a pronoun only makes you look even more foolish.

by Anonymousreply 190April 15, 2019 11:39 AM

It could also be the hot gardener David C was fucking on the side.

by Anonymousreply 191April 15, 2019 12:53 PM

George V slept with prostitutes. Britain stood alone against Hitler while the Yanks did nothing. Isn't a marquis a sort of tent? Now I would love to be styled a royal marchioness!

by Anonymousreply 192April 15, 2019 1:28 PM

R190 There was no cutting and pasting from Google (if there was it would be “copying” and pasting, btw). I’m interested in art and architecture and have always been interested in Houghton, particularly the dispersement of much of its art collection to Russia and its return for an exhibition at the house which I visited years ago. I was a punter before you try and get snide again, not a guest.

An alleged affair with Prince William would be less of a big deal for people at that level of the social structure than it would be for someone such as yourself, for example. That was my point which you’ve confirmed with your queeny overreaction.

You’re showing you’re insecurity about one’s use of “one” - luckily we don’t all speak American!

Don’t assume that everybody is as ill-informed and parochial as many of the posters on these threads.

by Anonymousreply 193April 15, 2019 5:57 PM

I was taught to use one as pronoun. It was forbidden to write you because 1) it switches the language to second person and 2) it's accusatory. Has this changed?

What is the status of [bold]one[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 194April 15, 2019 8:03 PM

Someone wise once told me: A secret is something everyone tells just one person.

by Anonymousreply 195April 15, 2019 8:22 PM

❤️ That r195 !

by Anonymousreply 196April 15, 2019 10:04 PM

They don't get many new friends in these circles so I assume they're already fucked each other once like a merry go round. I'm sure STD more so than gossip kills your social standing.

by Anonymousreply 197April 15, 2019 10:20 PM

R193, if titles and hierarchy are important in that crowd, isn’t hooking up with the future king kind of like grabbing the brass ring for some of them? Which is a different kind of big deal than it is for a member of the general public — for whom it would be more like having an affair with someone who is essentially just a very famous celebrity — but still a big deal. But maybe I don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 198April 16, 2019 2:55 AM

R198, R193 here - I was just googling “brass ring” - still not sure what that means.

What I was saying is that for people in the British - primarily English and Scottish, aristocracy, someone with a British royal title doesn’t have the same impact as it does for the rest of us (including me).

They socialise with them, went to Eton or wherever with them, they’re usually related to each other (as are all the current non royal Dukes - all related and not distantly). It gets confusing when the rest of us look at their lives and try and view it through our experience - it just doesn’t work. I have been shot down in this forum before for saying this but for most English and Scottish aristocrats, the British Royal family is no big deal. Of course the Sovereign is at the top of the heap as the Fount of All Honours, but for most of them, the British royals are relatively recent, relatively arriviste Germans - “relative” being a relative term, of course.

Someone fucking the wife of the Duke of Cambridge? So what? He’s not particularly accomplished, pleasant featured, reasonably fit and born into the higher orders. They all are in that set - big deal!

Now I’ll step back and let the “experts” pile in!

by Anonymousreply 199April 16, 2019 3:23 AM

You’re saying “Of course the Sovereign is at the top of the heap” in one paragraph and then “but he’s just the Duke of Cambridge” in the next. But he’s not! The guy’s probably going to be king for 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 200April 16, 2019 3:46 AM

And that’s a big deal to you, R200 - “the guy’s probably going to be king for 40 years”. Hopefully. One day. And that’s a big deal to most of us.

But to the very small numbers who make up the British aristocracy, he’s also the bloke who they went to school with. Or who dated their sister. Or whatever.

I’m getting a bit exhausted trying to get this across, so it’s probably just me, but I’ll try again.

Not long after Diana Princess of Wales died, one of the glossies - probably Tatler or Vanity Fair - did a profile on William, who was at Eton at the time. William was walking down the high street (Eton is a town, not just a school) with a group of friends and another group of Eton lads approached and one of them, on seeing William, made an exaggerated bow in front of him, as a joke. William’s response? “Fuck off”.

That should tell you something about how the upper classes respond to the British royal family - they’re not necessarily as enamoured as the rest of us.

Or maybe not, but I’m tired of this argument, which, in the scheme of things, means nothing. The upper classes have never given a fuck about what the rest of us think. William fucking the wife of a neighbour? So what? They’ve all always been fucking each other, it just gets more coverage now, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 201April 16, 2019 4:01 AM

R198 “If titles and hierarchy are important in that crowd”.

That’s the point! They all have titles. Or are descended from people who do. Or are untitled but completely grand with a history that can be traced back way before most of the current Dukes.

They are much less likely to be impressed with a Duke (royal or otherwise) or a Marquess, Earl, Viscount or Baron than the vast majority of the population who have no title or grand lineage.

Because that’s their default. They all know each other. They’re almost always related. It’s a very small world.

If you don’t believe me try looking up one of the current non Royal dukes on Wikipedia. Check out their mother. They’ll likely be the daughter or grand daughter of another duke. Keep going with her forebears. You can disappear down a rabbit hole trying to follow it.

by Anonymousreply 202April 16, 2019 4:17 AM

Here are some Dukes: Westminster. Buccleuch. Norfolk. Bedford. Richmond. Northumberland. Beaufort. Hamilton.

All related. Will become more distantly so as there’s less pressure to marry other aristocrats.

by Anonymousreply 203April 16, 2019 4:42 AM

[quote] The guy’s probably going to be king for 40 years.

Or not. Sometimes people die much sooner than you'd think.

by Anonymousreply 204April 16, 2019 4:44 AM

Read more history, little Georgie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205April 16, 2019 4:52 AM

R205 I still think Margaret Beaufort had the princes in the Tower killed. I never totally trusted that bitch. Religious zealots are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 206April 16, 2019 5:14 AM

Bring William to me. His mother is rolling over in her grave. He needs to disciplined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207April 16, 2019 7:44 AM

Was any eye contact made between these two at the outing? Seems frosty to me. You would think they would put on a better front to refute the stories right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 16, 2019 1:51 PM

Hard to put up a front r208, when you're seething with rage, and righteous indignation.

by Anonymousreply 209April 16, 2019 3:14 PM

Putting on a united front for the press and the kids.

There's not interaction between them. It just smelt and felt fake.

by Anonymousreply 210April 16, 2019 3:21 PM

I'm certain Wills will not succumb to any temptation.

- Grampa Pa Philip

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211April 16, 2019 4:32 PM

No one can outrun pussy. When pussy's chasing you... well you just can't run THAT fast!

by Anonymousreply 212April 16, 2019 4:38 PM

He showed Rose his chopper and she was smitten!

by Anonymousreply 213April 16, 2019 4:42 PM

And by chopper, he means cock.

by Anonymousreply 214April 16, 2019 4:43 PM

I do! I do!

by Anonymousreply 215April 16, 2019 4:44 PM

R208 If they showed up looking happy and interacting with each other it would only fuel the gossip. They're frosty with each other most of the time. The party line is that they don't do PDAs because PDAs are unprofessional. The most you'll get from the Cambridges is a peck on the cheek at polo, or an arm around the shoulder/waist. That's basically frottage for them.

by Anonymousreply 216April 16, 2019 4:46 PM

And speaking of frottage...

by Anonymousreply 217April 16, 2019 4:48 PM

And speaking of frottage, in a few (ahem) hours, I'll be back at SH merching.

- "I love the night life....gotta boogie...."

by Anonymousreply 218April 16, 2019 5:45 PM

R211 - that's the former Penelope Eastwood with Philip in the photo. She's now Countess Mountbatten. Her husband is bending down behind her. She was also seen with Prince Charles when he was a bachelor. She either gets around or they're just family.

by Anonymousreply 219April 16, 2019 5:49 PM

Interesting story about Penelope. In 2010, her husband swanned off to the Bahamas to live with another woman. Ms Penny took over the management of Broadlands, the ancestral home. A few years later, he skulked back and she put him up in the barn. I'm sure it was a renovated barn but the point being, he was not allowed in the house. They appeared together at their daughter's wedding but Prince Charles walked her down the aisle. He was described as not well enough to do that. Other reports are that he has Alzheimer s.

A lot of sadness in that family. The IRA bombing that killed his grandparents and younger brother, the youngest daughter's death at age 5, the son's heroin addiction.

by Anonymousreply 220April 17, 2019 3:19 PM

You know you're on the way out when you've been told to start calling them "Sir" and "Ma'am" instead of "William" and "Kate" as you always have.

by Anonymousreply 221April 17, 2019 3:39 PM

Que, r221?

by Anonymousreply 222April 17, 2019 3:44 PM

Bringing my comment from the other thread about this.

OK, how many days has it been now?

I'm thinking it's serious. They would have released some new photos of the kids, or done a FAR better photo op than the one above with the Tindall's. Full charm offensive, happy happy, joy joy.

My guess is Hot head Willy is getting chewed out by HM, Charles, various courtiers and his wife person Kate whatshername, and he is listening to NO ONE. That seems to be his M.O.

He's fucking up. This feels like deliberate self sabotage. Maybe he just wants out.

by Anonymousreply 223April 17, 2019 3:54 PM

Did they have any appearances for this month that were cancelled? Seems they were everywhere a month ago and now nowhere to be found.

by Anonymousreply 224April 17, 2019 4:49 PM

R216 remember when Kate went for William’s inner thigh at Eugenie’s wedding and he removed her hand, LOL!

by Anonymousreply 225April 17, 2019 5:28 PM

I got as far as R52 and was wondering when the yank/limey bickering would start. But...WW2 ? Really ? How fucking old are you ? That is literally playground stuff.

Besides, this is a largely American based site and there are endless threads about the Royals. Seems to me a whole load of you give way more of a shit about them than we do.

You’re totally right about them being leeches though.

by Anonymousreply 226April 17, 2019 5:42 PM

R216 any photos or video of that? I don’t remember seeing that...

by Anonymousreply 227April 17, 2019 6:26 PM

R227 They did an awkward side hug at a sporting event some years ago r227. That's all I can recall in the physical affection department. The tabs went wild when they saw the stills. Then the video came out, and it was like a millisecond of excitement about the team, not each other. The vid has since probably been scrubbed.

by Anonymousreply 228April 17, 2019 6:39 PM

R199 is quite correct.

by Anonymousreply 229April 17, 2019 6:48 PM

Can we please speak more about the Prince's COCK!!!!!!!!!!! This is a sex affair. Do you think Prince William is kinky? Does he like a rim job? Do they use condoms? Is it a kinky, old school thrill for the Marchioness to have royal splooge in her twat?

by Anonymousreply 230April 17, 2019 6:52 PM

[quote] Is it a kinky, old school thrill for the Marchioness to have royal splooge in her twat?

As R199 points out, toffs aren't impressed by HRH Prince William, Duke of Campbridge, future king. Rose is merely having a bit of fun with "Big Willy" from the neighbourhood. The nickname is clearly ironic so one hopes he's skilled with all his muscles, particularly those that protrude and those with prehensility .

by Anonymousreply 231April 17, 2019 7:44 PM

Wills has “lousy lay” written all over him.

by Anonymousreply 232April 17, 2019 7:54 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233April 17, 2019 8:00 PM

Charles’ nudes, at age 45, as reported by the Bild Zeitung:

[quote]A German newspaper published a colour nude photo of Prince Charles on its front page on Wednesday (7/9), hazy in detail but explicit enough to distinguish his genitals. "Large shoulders, muscular arms, a hairy, virile torso. Not an ounce too much fat, but just enough. A royal silhouette," the mass-circulation Bild Zeitung reported, claiming to have published the first nude photo of the heir to the British Crown. The picture shows the Prince of Wales with only a white towelling robe thrown carelessly over his shoulders. "His 1.85-metre (six-foot-one-inch) frame is cut like a Greek statue. And this at 45," wrote the paper, which sells 4.5 million copies a day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234April 17, 2019 8:17 PM

EW!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235April 17, 2019 8:20 PM

He looks paunchy

by Anonymousreply 236April 17, 2019 8:21 PM

Yeah, no fucking thanks...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237April 17, 2019 8:22 PM

A lot of pubes!

- Not Camilla

by Anonymousreply 238April 17, 2019 8:23 PM

R237 My eyes! It burns!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 239April 17, 2019 8:25 PM

William strikes me as a chest waxer.

by Anonymousreply 240April 17, 2019 8:25 PM

Is Chuck really 6"1"? He looks so tiny now.

by Anonymousreply 241April 17, 2019 8:27 PM

"Is Chuck really 6"1"?"

No.

by Anonymousreply 242April 18, 2019 7:52 AM

[quote] "Is Chuck really 6"1"?"

Around the time he married Diana he was 5' 11". She was 5' 10" in bare feet, so if she wore heels, she'd tower over him.

by Anonymousreply 243April 18, 2019 6:38 PM

Chuck looks presentable for his age in those pics. He could have tried to keep fit. He was kinda sporty when he was in his 20's.

by Anonymousreply 244April 18, 2019 6:51 PM

R243 Thanks for the accurate info. Hard to trust any news sources these days...

by Anonymousreply 245April 18, 2019 7:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246April 25, 2019 12:02 AM

I don't know if all of the rumors are true but they all make me very sad. I don't want to think it but it seems like everything has gone to hell since Meghan joined the fray. Am I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 247April 25, 2019 12:58 AM

[quote] IMO, there is blood in the water re Kate & Midds, they are no longer under William's protection. In fact, the anti-Midd articles are more problematic than the Rose affair.

I also noticed the timing of the Middleton supposed failing business articles. I was surprised that Kate's mother would be forced to subsequently issue a huge rebuttal immediately after publication and wondered why the Palace didn't better "manage" the Middleton business fallout. Kate & the Middletons would be feeling a little vulnerable, I would imagine. It makes a bit more sense now with the alleged Will and Kate marital strife.

by Anonymousreply 248April 25, 2019 1:09 AM

Kate looks like she's 1: emaciated - we're into Vera-Ellen territory now, and 2: vibrating like a tuning fork.

She's working very hard - and not succeeding - in trying to make it look like everything's OK.

by Anonymousreply 249April 25, 2019 2:01 AM

Hilarious. Has the cheating gene from his ugly dad. He will end up with some ugly cuntfrau just like daddy.

by Anonymousreply 250April 25, 2019 2:04 AM

[quote] "Marchioness of Cholmondeley" sounds much more regal and aristocratic than "Duchess of Cambridge

That's hilarious

Cholmondeley, I don't think you are saying that word the way it's supposed to be pronounced.

It's pronounced Chumley. Not exactly classy.

by Anonymousreply 251April 25, 2019 3:01 AM

my DeAr, depArted aNglophile fAther tAughT mE hOw tO prOnOuncE "CHolmondeley" whEn i was jUst a wee lad

by Anonymousreply 252April 25, 2019 3:06 AM

[quote] I don't want to think it but it seems like everything has gone to hell since Meghan joined the fray. Am I wrong?

Not only are you wrong. You're a stupid dope. Meghan has nothing to do with William cheating on his wife. Judging by that phony smile on Kate's face when she's face to face with Rose and her hilarious bad acting and super rictus grin at the Christening of Louis, he's probably been cheating on her for a long time

by Anonymousreply 253April 25, 2019 3:07 AM

The Cholmondeley’s houses Cholmondeley Castle and Houghton Hall are much nice than Windsor Castle and especially Buckingham Palace.

by Anonymousreply 254April 25, 2019 6:23 AM

We want to know about where Willy been sticking his Willy

by Anonymousreply 255April 25, 2019 6:31 AM

I think Rose let the affair be known to enhance her status. Despite her position, home and wealth, she basically sold herself to a man old enough to be her father who was publicly described as 'not the marrying kind.' Other women in her set would certainly make a meal of that. So she upgraded herself as the lover of the future king.

by Anonymousreply 256April 25, 2019 7:45 AM

How to Pronounce Cholmondeley

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257April 25, 2019 9:57 AM

[quote] Meghan has nothing to do with William cheating on his wife.

Wrong! Meghan has everything to do with everything!

by Anonymousreply 258April 25, 2019 10:04 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259April 25, 2019 11:04 AM

I’m surprised but otoh who says royalties possess higher morals than the commoners? I think it’s more likely the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 260April 25, 2019 11:33 AM

I would have definitely given younger Charles a go. He had decent size even flacid and given how sporty he was - probably not a lousy lay.

by Anonymousreply 261April 25, 2019 11:38 AM

It’s actually really cunty of KP to release the HARRY AND MEGHAN ARE MOVING TO AFRICA! rumour when she’s pregnant. I don’t know, it’s tacky as fuck because it’s pretty upsetting.

Plus there’s something so colonialist and wrong headed about it. I have to remind myself that these people believe they have the finest bred bloodlines and were ordained by God to rule.

by Anonymousreply 262April 25, 2019 11:40 AM

R259 I am sure Kate is lovely to Meghan to her face. There’s no weird body language between them in public. Behind her back, though, I am sure Kate caters to William in every way.

I saw an interview with a comic who attended Marlborough just before or just after Kate did and she dated a bunch of his mates. He also said there was ask ally only one black guy in the school who was dragged around to be photographed and put in advertising materials. It’s a very rarified atmosphere she grew up in.

by Anonymousreply 263April 25, 2019 11:45 AM

I don’t find him attractive, but Charles has a nice hairy body back in the day as this publicity stunt with an Australian model shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264April 25, 2019 11:49 AM

would u be able to crawl into bed with tht frau of his ev nite????

hell no

by Anonymousreply 265April 25, 2019 1:11 PM

Twitter says Rose blabbed and William allegedly told the tabloids to go after Meghan to get the heat off himself.

If that’s true, it’s pretty horrible. No wonder Harry’s pissed.

by Anonymousreply 266April 25, 2019 1:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267April 25, 2019 1:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268April 25, 2019 1:45 PM

She’ll learn to live with it.

by Anonymousreply 269April 25, 2019 1:48 PM

Nah, we know who leaked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270April 25, 2019 1:53 PM

I think she’s been living with it a long time. The British papers finally decided to stop covering up for it for some reason. So she’s embarrassed and as you can imagine, a lot of people are saying William’s mother suffered from her husband’s infidelity, why did he not spare his wife the same?

There are a lot of people online saying they are disappointed with William, and wondering whether he’ll leave Kate for Rose. They claim it’s an actual love affair. Rose is apparently broadcasting it everywhere and that’s how it got out.

The problem with this is that Charles was seen as the dirty old man that couldn’t keep his pants zipped and William as the nice family man. Now he’s just another asshole. People are wondering about the long term damage to the Crown. All the mystery is gone. Just one amoral horndog after another. If they lose the commoners, they’re done.

by Anonymousreply 271April 25, 2019 1:55 PM

R270, it’s being reported today that the reason the anti-Meghan stuff was printed, instead of shutting it up as usual, is that William gave them the go ahead to publish, to divert people from his own marital problems. That’s why people are talking about it today.

by Anonymousreply 272April 25, 2019 1:58 PM

I think that is Latham's move, while William is currently in New Zealand. The trending on Twitter is army/fanbase led, I feel.

by Anonymousreply 273April 25, 2019 2:01 PM

They sent Harry to church to accompany Kate, which wasn’t planned. I wonder if Kate really did have a falling out with Meghan behind the scenes, which makes it very awkward, and this is a pity date by Harry to someone who was unkind to his wife.

So now the speculation is that they will try to give a lot of attention to the new baby, to draw it away from William and Kate. So what about Africa?

by Anonymousreply 274April 25, 2019 2:08 PM

If you had a life of your own, you wouldn't need to waste time worrying about others who you don't know and who's actions won't affect you in any way.

by Anonymousreply 275April 25, 2019 2:13 PM

Cholmondely is pronounced "chum lee".

Silly Brits.

by Anonymousreply 276April 25, 2019 2:14 PM

Those broad, camera ready smiles of Kate and Harry were posed as fuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277April 25, 2019 2:16 PM

How does one pronounce marchioness?

by Anonymousreply 278April 25, 2019 2:17 PM

[quote]I wonder if Kate really did have a falling out with Meghan behind the scenes, which makes it very awkward, and this is a pity date by Harry to someone who was unkind to his wife.

No, I think this is all about William. William doesn't like Meghan and I think Kate does what her husband tells her to do. I think it's time to take the rose colored glasses off when it comes to Wills. You take Will out of the equation and all of a sudden everyone is getting along and happy.

by Anonymousreply 279April 25, 2019 2:28 PM

MM was not the source of the leak. DLers here heard about the Cambridges months ago. I’m so sick of reading people post stuff they made up. I will go so far as to say the leak came not from the Windsor blood relations, nor did it come from MM or Rose. The info I heard came from a connection to someone else. Anyone with two brain cells should be able to figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 280April 25, 2019 2:29 PM

Meghan is the source of every bad thing that ever happened to the Royals according to the Markle haters on DL.

by Anonymousreply 281April 25, 2019 2:34 PM

[quote]Anyone with two brain cells should be able to figure it out.

Unfortunately, I left one of mine at home.

by Anonymousreply 282April 25, 2019 2:37 PM

I aim to please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283April 25, 2019 2:37 PM

I think they’re all bonkers, r281. There may very well be issues, but they bring forth incredibly stupid reasons she’s the devil: she was photographed turning her back on the queen! She accidentally wore a price tag on her dress! She signed a banana! She looks mean! She didn’t wear hosiery! Honestly it reminds me of the Republican rant against Obama. At the heart, you knew it was racism, but they went out of their way to deny it and come up with a myriad of stupid reasons to hate him.

by Anonymousreply 284April 25, 2019 2:39 PM

What's so hard about believing that Rose blabbed to her friends, maybe after they saw something at one of their drunken parties, Harry got wind of it through the gravevine, told MM, and she got one of her PR people to contact the Sun.

by Anonymousreply 285April 25, 2019 2:42 PM

Because... that’s not what happened r285? You’re making up a story to fit your opinion. A ton of people knew there were problems, and any one of them could have talked, but it had to be MM because you hate her.

by Anonymousreply 286April 25, 2019 2:45 PM

R284, some Brits are speculating on twitter that the only reason the British press was allowed to make an uproar over this trivial stuff is to give them something to print that wasn’t about William.

Think about it, since when does the palace sit there and do nothing while a member of the Firm gets pilloried in the press? And since when does the British press run with it?

Criticizing someone for signing a banana? That’s like Republicans criticizing Obama for wearing a tan suit.

by Anonymousreply 287April 25, 2019 2:48 PM

Well, when you look for a perp, R286, you look for motive-means-opportunity. Who had more motive for throwing the Cambs under the bus than MM?

But of course we'll never know....

by Anonymousreply 288April 25, 2019 2:50 PM

I don’t think Meghan would actually step on any toes to mark her mark.

She seems the type to be overly enthusiastic and super friendly and try really hard and their British sardonic selves probably find her a bit too much and maybe at worst a bit annoying, but no one other than William (and Fergie and Air Miles, but who’d give a shit) actually hates her.

I am sure William dislikes her quite a bit because she has the same interests as Harry does in a bigger way, which gives him even less control over his brother. He has no compunction in finding Meghan a useful person to throw under the bus to distract from his own failings, which crushes Harry considering how carefully he ushered Kate into the fold.

As for Kate, I agree with r279 that she knows which side her bread his buttered and follows William’s lead. She doesn’t dislike Meghan but has not welcomed her into the family.

I bet the “Meghan made Kate cry after Charlotte’s dress fitting!” story was Kate crying because she was hormonal and pregnant. William/KP found implying Kate cried because Meghan yelled at staff/Charlotte a useful way of sabotaging the success of the Pacific tour.

by Anonymousreply 289April 25, 2019 2:50 PM

R288 but we do know. I already told you she wasn’t the ultimate source of the info I heard.

by Anonymousreply 290April 25, 2019 2:51 PM

William is slated to be king someday. It's gone to his head already. He was older (15) when Diana died and maybe he was able to see her and his parent's relationship more accurately than did Harry who was, what, 12 at the time? He also saw his father getting away with, if not murder, then at the very least very public adultery. I suspect he's considerably more cynical than Harry while at the same time seemingly more willing to exercise his [italic]droit du seigneur[/italic], so to speak, now that the matter of the heir and a spare is settled.

It's not about Meg. Despite the denials here and in the tabloid press, racism and xenophobia plain and simple are the biggest reasons she's getting shit on. Her family circus isn't a plus, but what would her new family do if they were loving, caring people? Not what they've done. Whether or not William let Megan take the heat to distract from his own issues is another matter, but he needs to be seen for what he is; another lazy, none too bright toff who has been raised to think the country is going to revolve around him sooner or later so he might as well get all the tail he can now.

Whether he was a shitty person to start with or became a shitty person for lack of anything better to do with his time and libido is irrelevant. If the story of his affair or affairs is true, William's a shitty person now and everyone around him is just collateral damage at this point.

by Anonymousreply 291April 25, 2019 2:59 PM

R288 The DoS may or may not hate the Cambridges. Tabloid speculation is titillating but it's not fact. You don't know any of the people involved so there may be motives that you couldn't possibly know.

Speculation alert: It's possible that the Sussexes and the Cambridges agreed to spin the yarn about the feud to cover for William. They're all "in on it" together. It's easier to deal with a fake feud than it is to face the media when you have real marital troubles.

by Anonymousreply 292April 25, 2019 3:04 PM

I think Wills has had a lifetime of seeing people suck up to you to your face and stab you in the back later.

Unfortunately, the very qualities that make Kate a good wife, mother and princess/queen-to-be render her dull and insipid. I wouldn't be surprised if Rose preyed on Wills and grabbed the opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 293April 25, 2019 3:06 PM

Does anyone know for a fact that he cheated?

by Anonymousreply 294April 25, 2019 3:15 PM

The British press is finally printing it so I guess they do. They’d get their socks sued off if they didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 295April 25, 2019 3:16 PM

Did they infer it or state it out right?

by Anonymousreply 296April 25, 2019 3:23 PM

R295 The British press said "rural rival." Has that been updated to "mistress?"

by Anonymousreply 297April 25, 2019 3:23 PM

"William’s mother suffered from her husband’s infidelity, why did he not spare his wife the same?"

Why don't all the other billions of men on the planet who grew up seeing the same and don't have as many opportunities do so? Are you a woman? You sound like a woman.

by Anonymousreply 298April 25, 2019 3:30 PM

Can I smell women in here? Where's my pitchfork?

by Anonymousreply 299April 25, 2019 3:32 PM

JOKE

by Anonymousreply 300April 25, 2019 3:32 PM

Why do alcoholics have children who are alcoholics? Same reason parents who cheat have kids who cheat.

by Anonymousreply 301April 25, 2019 3:33 PM

I love how Harry's last minute addition to the Guestlist upstages Kate's principle role.

by Anonymousreply 302April 25, 2019 3:37 PM

"it’s being reported today that the reason the anti-Meghan stuff was printed, instead of shutting it up as usual, is that William gave them the go ahead to publish, to divert people from his own marital problems. That’s why people are talking about it today.

r272 Where is this being reported, exactly? Links please anyone?

by Anonymousreply 303April 25, 2019 3:41 PM

The subtext of Harry's attendance was, 'even though I'm expecting my first baby, I'm not lazy enough to skip public duties like someone around here'.

by Anonymousreply 304April 25, 2019 3:47 PM

The Palace finally realizes they have a real public relations nightmare. The photo's have shown everyone that there is a huge problem between William and Harry. So they send William off to New Zealand for a couple of days and then they place Harry and Kate to the same event. And they are quite comfortable together. Warm even.

So we now know the William cheating rumors are true. I don't blame Harry one bit! He deserves to be pissed; even Kate realizes it. William needs to eat some humble pie when he returns and try to make some kind of peace with Harry.

The problem is William. But this also sets up the perfect scenario for Meghan to be in a continued snit. I watched those boys when Diana died. I really hope they can get through this and be brothers again.

by Anonymousreply 305April 25, 2019 3:49 PM

r290 I sure don't fucking know. Just spit out the name if you have one. If you don't have one, shut the fuck up. You have shown up on every fucking thread about William and Kate and this affair, dangling your most likely fake carrot about who REALLY blabbed, and that WE all know. Take your royal WE and shove it up your ass, or give us the name.

You don't have one. You are in some square state with your stupid Frau fantasies trying to make yourself feel important.

by Anonymousreply 306April 25, 2019 3:49 PM

So many ways to have a discreet affair & he cheats in his own backyard and with his wife's friend. He's garbage.

by Anonymousreply 307April 25, 2019 3:50 PM

And Charles and Camilla take off to sit it out in Scotland. For some reason, I find that funny. They want no part of it. And missed the Queens birthday on top of it.

by Anonymousreply 308April 25, 2019 4:02 PM

It was trending on twitter this am here is onevthread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309April 25, 2019 4:17 PM

Now we know why harry & meghan want to head out tonafrica for a while- wills is being a dick like his father

by Anonymousreply 310April 25, 2019 4:18 PM

Thank you R309 But someone floating an idea on Twitter does not a news source make. It's not even a verified account. Bless.

R290 I'm waiting for the name you refuse to drop because you don't have one.

by Anonymousreply 311April 25, 2019 4:23 PM

Wills will win though, even though he's in the wrong.

Have to remember this family thrives on deference and out of all of them, there is only one of them who will be king, eventually.

Being a dick or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 312April 25, 2019 4:23 PM

R310 Visual evidence at R237 suggests that Will is a dick bigger than his father.

by Anonymousreply 313April 25, 2019 4:24 PM

Pretty much r312. This is nothing new whatsoever.

They all get a bit sloppy from time to time, and then after a while we forget. Anyone who sees the possible exposure of a future king's sidepiece as having the potential to bring down the monarchy is fucking deluded. Go play in the insane asylum that is the BRF thread.

by Anonymousreply 314April 25, 2019 4:31 PM

A 20 year old girl tweets something on Twitter and it's taken as gospel by DLers. Righty ho then.

by Anonymousreply 315April 25, 2019 4:38 PM

If torontopaper is to be taken seriously (and I don’t know if it is), then MM seems to be trying to extort some sort of payment from the RF.

Wouldn’t it be fabulous if she faked the pregnancy, then threatened to reveal the fakery unless they cut her a check?

But what would the exit plan be? Fake miscarriage? Bit late for that (and unbelievably bad juju.)

Though I suppose it’s probably more a run of the mill “pay me to go away” divorce situation.

by Anonymousreply 316April 25, 2019 4:42 PM

Who is Nicole Cliffe? She sounds a little more knowledgeable than most of the tweeters? I think someone posted some of her earlier tweets on here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317April 25, 2019 4:56 PM

r317 I know of that chick. A bit too Jesus-y for me, and I find her to be a rather dull writer, but whatever. All she is doing is regurgitating what little we already know.

Nothing new to see, and something tells me it is going to stay that way. UNFORTUNATELY, as I am dying for some dirt.

by Anonymousreply 318April 25, 2019 5:04 PM

She's a Canadian. Not a Royal expert.

by Anonymousreply 319April 25, 2019 5:09 PM

She's a God botherer.

by Anonymousreply 320April 25, 2019 5:10 PM

To the jackass at r309. 1) DL knew months ago that the Cambridges were having problems and 2) check my post at r280, if you can read. But hey, if your fantasy world suits your life, go ahead and stay in it. The thing that pisses me off are the fucking fantasies people concoct, only because they hate someone. But whatever, you can believe me or not believe. But please do fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 321April 25, 2019 5:34 PM

Who's your royal source, R321? A waiter who saw the Cambridges having a tiff at dinner?

by Anonymousreply 322April 25, 2019 5:40 PM

Why yes, r322, it was! You’re so smart! And Kate threw a drink at William, just like in the movies! Then they had makeup sex and all was good again!

by Anonymousreply 323April 25, 2019 5:44 PM

r321 You are really quite the asshole, aren't you?

Do disabuse those that are spouting these "fantasies" that frustrate you so, with this precious "fact" you keep insisting you have but will not share. Otherwise, you are as much of a fantasist as those you accuse of being.

if you aren't going to name names on an anonymous board even though you INSIST that you are the ONLY one on here that knows the ACTUAL source, than just fuck on off back to the BRF nuthouse please and take your tired "I know something you don't know" childish games with you.

by Anonymousreply 324April 25, 2019 5:55 PM

R324, I already shared the “fact,” dickhead. Geez now you’ll tell me I’m repeating myself. It would be helpful if you could read. This is a message board, after all. And anyone who has two brain cells to rub together can figure out the source of my info if you look at my post at r280.

Oh wait, you only have one.

by Anonymousreply 325April 25, 2019 6:12 PM

FAIL R325 Maybe YOU need to read your own fucking tedious post that you keep fucking advertising. You don't say who it is, you just say who it isn't. It's actually as clear as mud. Our reading skills are fine. Your writing skills are not. You can't give us a name because you don't have one. You have reached your attention quota for the day. Bye! *click*

by Anonymousreply 326April 25, 2019 6:22 PM

Wouldn't it be great if R325 was Princess Charlotte and R326 was Prince George?

by Anonymousreply 327April 25, 2019 6:25 PM

R326, really?? I’m heartbroken!

by Anonymousreply 328April 25, 2019 6:27 PM

R321 is Giles Coren, sitting there with his wife's bra on.

by Anonymousreply 329April 25, 2019 6:28 PM

Sorry, not R321, apologies! The nut upthread.

by Anonymousreply 330April 25, 2019 6:29 PM

Oh it could be R321, ffs. Giles is everywhere, putting it about, the alkie.

by Anonymousreply 331April 25, 2019 6:30 PM

R321 is totally unhinged.

And constantly fishing for compliments.

I don't know what's worse.

by Anonymousreply 332April 25, 2019 6:34 PM

If I read the post correctly at r280, the source was Kate herself (or someone in her family).

by Anonymousreply 333April 25, 2019 6:37 PM

Where the hell did you get that, R333? Kate and her family would be the last people on earth to put out a story like that.

by Anonymousreply 334April 25, 2019 6:38 PM

This article continues to be the most reasoned discussion of the matter, in my view. Is this Giles person really so important that his tweet confirming there was an affair, is what made KP shit their pants? I don't know a thing about him, aside from what I have read in the article below. Anyone care to fill me in, or is not worth the keystrokes?

"Coren’s intervention into the story came when, in response to one of the Rose/Kate “feud” pieces, he tweeted, “Yes, it is an affair. I haven’t read the piece but I know about the affair. Everyone knows about the affair, darling.”

It was an extraordinary allegation for a prominent newspaper staff writer to make on Twitter and it was swiftly deleted."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335April 25, 2019 6:40 PM

She didn’t leak it to the press obviously, r333 (at least I don’t think so). I took it to mean she told someone, possibly in confidence, and it leaked from there.

by Anonymousreply 336April 25, 2019 6:41 PM

That makes no sense, R336. If she told a friend in confidence, she would surely want it to remain confidential. It's humiliating to Kate. What motivation would such a friend have? If a friend did that, she'd be exiled for life, or worse.

If I had to guess, and had to exclude MM, I would say it was either one of the turnip toff gals who secretly hated Kate or a palace servant who overheard Wills and Kate rowing about it.

by Anonymousreply 337April 25, 2019 6:47 PM

If Kate told anyone, it would have been Carole. Carole is the last fucking person on this planet that would disturb all that she worked on for decades by leaking something so damaging to the press. Has she manipulated them in the past? Certainly. This is on another level entirely, and she isn't stupid. Not a fan of Carole, but that bitch is the master of the long game. So nope, not Carole. Nice try. Next!

by Anonymousreply 338April 25, 2019 6:48 PM

That that pretty much leaves Rose's husband as the source. If it's one of those arrangement marriages, he might be okay with it, just as Camilla's first husband supposedly was (while getting his own, on the side). He told someone and they leaked it.

by Anonymousreply 339April 25, 2019 6:55 PM

r337 Kate should have made a closer circle of friends early on. She doesn't seem to "friend" easily, and never has. She has her family, and that seems to be about the extent of it. That said, I don't see one of the Toffs breaking their stupid toff code just because they all still privately think that Kate is an parvenu who acts to the manor born. (Lose that fake posh accent Kate, a good first step).

Occam's razor, boring as hell, my guess is that it was a staffer who overheard/witnessed something and blabbed.

by Anonymousreply 340April 25, 2019 7:00 PM

What if it wasn't really Rose that leaked this but someone higher up in the food chain with more to gain? i.e. Camilla and Charles---anything to make them look better as the Queen gets up there in age and makes Charles look less of a mess and easier to accept. Tarnish golden boy Willy so the people don't want Charlie boy to abdicate .

by Anonymousreply 341April 25, 2019 7:00 PM

You always have to think "Cui bono?" Who benefits? If it wasn't someone with an almighty grudge to settle against the Cambridges, then it surely must have been staff, because palace staff wages are absolute shit, and the tabs pay big money for clickbait gold.

by Anonymousreply 342April 25, 2019 7:06 PM

While not his finest moment, it's not like William got caught eating a baby or whatever. He had an affair. Big fucking deal. They all do. It was how he handled it after being caught (going to the lawyers) that is tarnishing. It not only made him look guilty as fuck (and thus even more embarrassing for Kate) he came off looking like a spoiled, spastic little hot-head. Not very King like.

Unless this is the tip of one hell of an iceberg that we know nothing about (doubt it, again: Occam's razor), and the affair with Rose is being used distract from said iceberg (there isn't one, we are all just bored and want some drama) this is all going to fizz out sooner than later.

by Anonymousreply 343April 25, 2019 7:19 PM

Actually, it is a big deal, because the public are rightly furious that the cash-guzzling Sussexes are such a massive trainwreck and the Cambridges were supposed to be the perfect golden family. to compensate Feet of clay, sadly..

by Anonymousreply 344April 25, 2019 7:25 PM

And yet, R340, I've read that she is still close with a group of her friends from school. I've also read that Rose and husband were entertained twice at Amer Hall and they hosted Kate and Will twice. Of course they can meet at other houses and events but that doesn't sound like they were best friends. Who knows. We think they must be followed and photographed 24/7 but they actually aren't.

by Anonymousreply 345April 25, 2019 7:28 PM

Lets talk about all the players.

Will = future King. He will skate by and will do what he wants. Public opinion may turn, but the public is fickle and he can them back with a couple of Diana events or something.

Kate = Queen Consort. If Will is not fucking her, then she doesn't have to put out. She'll take care of her kids, spend time with her family and be the Queen and do what she likes doing best -- nothing.

Harry = Is pissed at William, but he'll get over it and the brothers will bond again. They've had spats before. The difference between the two is that Harry has sewn his wild oats. He's partied and fucked and had his fun. He's with someone who likes what he likes and compliments him and now he wants to go and save the world. More power to him.

Meghan = By next year, she will have adjusted completely to royal life and the baby is going to get her all sorts of positive press. She'll probably pop out one more and then she and Harry will go around saving the world together. All of her negative press has been either family related or rookie mistakes, that she will overcome in time.

Rose - Now that she has been named. I would expect Meghan's negative press to move to Rose. And the press will be looking for ways to talk up the affair.

by Anonymousreply 346April 25, 2019 7:31 PM

Anyone who thought the Cambridges, or ANYONE in the royal family are/were perfect or golden is pathetically naive. I don't understand the revisionist history around William and Kate and never will. But I have a looooooooooooong memory. No one really thought of them as god's gift. They are basic as fuck. Beige with legs. This is the most interesting thing to be talked about in years concerning them.

by Anonymousreply 347April 25, 2019 7:32 PM

Meghan is NEVER going to adjust to royal life as she will never be happy with planning second fiddle.

by Anonymousreply 348April 25, 2019 7:35 PM

r346 Works for me.

Hopefully Rose has a backbone and can tough it out with her money and her friends while this all sorts out. I think it will blow over for everyone, and soon.

Why does MM keep getting brought up? Take that to the BRF viper's nest. Shitting on her is so fucking tedious.

by Anonymousreply 349April 25, 2019 7:38 PM

[quote] Meghan = By next year, she will have adjusted completely to royal life and the baby is going to get her all sorts of positive press. She'll probably pop out one more and then she and Harry will go around saving the world together. All of her negative press has been either family related or rookie mistakes, that she will overcome in time.

What utter nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 350April 25, 2019 7:38 PM

Rookie mistakes - like that £50,00 engagement photo dress or the £500,000 baby shower?

by Anonymousreply 351April 25, 2019 7:38 PM

CAN WE PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC?

by Anonymousreply 352April 25, 2019 7:39 PM

R347, they forgot because they moved on to Meghan. They created this narrative about Meghan out of thin air based on absolutely nothing. So in order to down Meghan they had to bring up Kate. They create silly little mini scandals or go on about spending because they don't want to say why they really hate her. They all forgot Kate's mistakes and have forgotten how they trashed her. At least Kate is full on white.

I bet Kate doesn't care about the affair and I bet she won't take a lover.

by Anonymousreply 353April 25, 2019 7:43 PM

[quote] £50,00 engagement photo dress

Well, it certainly looked like a 50 quid dress.

by Anonymousreply 354April 25, 2019 7:43 PM

R353, all women are pissed. Especially if other people find out. It’s a public insult to her pride.

She’s worked very hard to create the image of the perfect wife and mother. She’s anorexic and strained looking. She’s already not living her best life. The one thing she had was her public image. And he ruined the “fairytale marriage” image by being indiscreet. If you must have an affair, find a woman who can keep quiet.

by Anonymousreply 355April 25, 2019 7:49 PM

LOL, actually if it had been a £50 dress and not a £50,000, it would have been a lot more successful.

I don't know, perhaps the British public always has to have someone to demonise or something to whinge about, but the Sussexes made everyone think, "Better the devil you know." Boring they may be, but the Cambridges do not rub people's noses in their lavish lifestyles. Very rarely is anyone offended by Kate's attire at any event, similar to Queen Letizia. They also do not lecture people on how to live, apart from Wills banging on about conservation a day before he goes on a hunting trip.

by Anonymousreply 356April 25, 2019 7:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357April 25, 2019 7:55 PM

William will keep on having discreet dalliances. He's gonna be king, so he's going to enjoy the perks, especially with frosty knickers at home.

Kate will grumble and moan in private. She'll devote herself to her family and do the bare minimum publicly.

Harry & Megs will do just fine.

by Anonymousreply 358April 25, 2019 8:03 PM

The anti Kate pro Meghan brigade is back.

by Anonymousreply 359April 25, 2019 8:04 PM

William isn't going to stop cheating and he won't be more discreet. It's 2019. Very hard to keep anything secret these days. I expect his cheating to get really bad when he hits mid life crisis age and the kids become teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 360April 25, 2019 8:13 PM

Abandon thread. Another one destroyed by bringing in MM at every motherfucking turn.

by Anonymousreply 361April 25, 2019 8:13 PM

Education moment - marquess is pronounced markwis - marchioness is pronounced marshoness.

by Anonymousreply 362April 25, 2019 8:33 PM

" I bet she won't take a lover. " Barbara Cartland's fancy bloomers has a leak.

by Anonymousreply 363April 25, 2019 10:55 PM

Aw, R283, the Bananatarian seems into the blowjob, bless her nonexistent heart.

by Anonymousreply 364April 25, 2019 11:03 PM

R357 Similarly Meghan has college friends but the racist brigade here prefers to believe Piers Morgan (!) that she has dumped every single person in her life that does not belong to Soho House.

by Anonymousreply 365April 26, 2019 1:47 AM

BlindGossip is getting drops from myriad sources about the whole debacle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366April 26, 2019 2:35 AM

Just dropped today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367April 26, 2019 2:36 AM

A mere marchioness? No wonder everyone’s so frosty to him. God, that’s one step from banging the Polish housekeeper. Disgraceful.

Kate really needs to Cersei out, show England who’s the scariest bitch of them all. Wills will put it back in his pants. With that family, only the women have any damn sense.

by Anonymousreply 368April 26, 2019 3:03 AM

Bitch, please.

Blind Gossip is run by American Frauen.

by Anonymousreply 369April 26, 2019 4:35 AM

But you have to admit, “Baldy and Starchy” are pretty on the nose and hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 370April 26, 2019 5:02 AM

Aren't most Meg-stans American frauen? Seems counterintuitive to paint Meghan so poorly.

by Anonymousreply 371April 26, 2019 5:06 AM

White American women hate Meghan. They think she has risen above her station. Avocado-loving, LA Megs is not going to appeal to the white Frauen who voted for Trump, which is the clear majority of them.

by Anonymousreply 372April 26, 2019 5:13 AM

STAY ON TOPIC!

by Anonymousreply 373April 26, 2019 5:15 AM

And American Frauen of any political stripe love Kate.

They think with her shiny hair and gracious smile she is so classy and girly and tastefully European, just like Jackie O.

Jennifer Garner and Reese Witherspoon have raved about her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374April 26, 2019 5:18 AM

I think someone (ahem R372=R374) has gone off the deep end. Clueless moron.

by Anonymousreply 375April 26, 2019 5:27 AM

Kate is a (creepily quiet) disaster. They are ALL disasters. I want to say that Sophie isn't but fuck it, remember how she almost fucked it all up with her PR firm? Look how that bit got erased. Well done her, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 376April 26, 2019 5:30 AM

Actually, since Diana, the idea has been sold that being in the BRF is a horrible ordeal and none of them can stand it. That poor girl, marrying into such misery! Everyone should feel sorry for her! She must love him terribly because look how unhappy she’s going to be! Like she's Rapunzel.

Meanwhile, they’re just a bunch of people that don’t do anything requiring much thinking, and spend all their time gossiping, backstabbing, and imagining things to be up in arms about. All while living in a big house that's fancy on the outside and probably not all that comfortable inside.

by Anonymousreply 377April 26, 2019 5:32 AM

Kate is looking bitchier everyday. Her face is emotionless and is cold as ice. Nothing real about the caterer’s daughter Miss Middleton!

by Anonymousreply 378April 26, 2019 5:33 AM

Kate is gonna earn sainthood in this mess. Though I would love for Kate to show edges and be a Queen Bitch to them all.

by Anonymousreply 379April 26, 2019 5:42 AM

[quote]William will keep on having discreet dalliances. He's gonna be king, so he's going to enjoy the perks, especially with frosty knickers at home.

[quote] Kate will grumble and moan in private. She'll devote herself to her family and do the bare minimum publicly.

[quote] Harry & Megs will do just fine.

I love that post, especially the nickname, Frosty Knickers for Katey Waity.

by Anonymousreply 380April 26, 2019 5:54 AM

[quote]Is this Giles person really so important that his tweet confirming there was an affair, is what made KP shit their pants?

No, he’s a food writer. He certainly thinks he’s important, but nobody else does.

by Anonymousreply 381April 26, 2019 6:05 AM

Kate loses no matter what. No woman wants anyone to know she's married to a cheater, crown or no crown.

by Anonymousreply 382April 26, 2019 7:20 AM

Why is the assumption Kate is Frosty Knickers?? Just cause Wills can't keep it in his pants is no reflection on her!! She seems to pop out kids frequently, so...

by Anonymousreply 383April 26, 2019 7:45 AM

[quote] She seems to pop out kids frequently

Pfft.

by Anonymousreply 384April 26, 2019 7:58 AM

Get a grip. William and Kate will be king & queen. Harry & Meg, if they stay together, will be bald/fat and irrelevant, like Andrew and Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 385April 26, 2019 8:18 AM

Ok, I have a little gossip... not much, but my connection is sort of a six degrees of separation thing with someone close to William and Harry. People talk, and those people talk and before you know it, lots of people know stuff. There is a significant rift between William and Harry; the reason is indeed over MM. William was very wary of her, but he’s been openly antagonistic lately, and it was all after the NY baby shower. He’s not necessarily jealous that they get the attention—he’s even supportive of their proactive charity work—but he feels she’s not conforming to what he thinks a Royal should be (which is obviously more Kate-like). The other interesting thing is MM is liked by a lot of the family. She is very pleasant and fun to be around, and believe it or not, Harry loves her and she loves him. But the family are in line with William’s thinking, and are trying to help her conform more, which she’s willing to do.

This is the reason why she’s retreated for the birth.

William and Kate are still having troubles, but everyone is confident they’ll resolve them (remember, I only heard about the problems, I never heard directly about William’s cheating).

by Anonymousreply 386April 26, 2019 12:48 PM

Dear me. Not a Kate clone. One of her is enough.

by Anonymousreply 387April 26, 2019 12:59 PM

She's hardly conforming and retreating when she is putting out press pieces via Omid Scobie, even today.

by Anonymousreply 388April 26, 2019 1:04 PM

A marchioness is only one down from a duchess, so Rose has done alright for herself.

You'll probably find that most dukes are married as are their heirs, so bagging a marquis isn't too bad.

by Anonymousreply 389April 26, 2019 1:12 PM

R388, I seriously don’t think she’s leaking stories. If she were, she’d be banished for good, and Harry could do nothing to save her.

by Anonymousreply 390April 26, 2019 1:22 PM

Tart!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391April 26, 2019 2:07 PM

R335 Giles Coren would basically shit himself on live TV for any form of attention whatsoever.

So take his "Oops, naughty me! I've now deleted my Royal Insider indiscretion! " act with a few very large bags of salt...

by Anonymousreply 392April 26, 2019 2:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393April 26, 2019 6:01 PM

William is such an asshole

by Anonymousreply 394April 26, 2019 8:15 PM

Gary Janetti is going hard for the Cambridges today. Ouch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395April 26, 2019 9:21 PM

R391 that face requires a spoiler warning. Oof.

by Anonymousreply 396April 26, 2019 10:32 PM

Why does Kate wear such dated clothes? My goodness. She might as well go back to pretending to grocery shopping. Yeah, whatever happened to grocery shopping Katey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397April 27, 2019 5:29 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398April 27, 2019 5:31 AM

Rose ran into the same problem as Monica Lewinksy. What fun is fucking the future King if you can't brag about it?

by Anonymousreply 399April 27, 2019 9:33 AM

I don’t think there’s much fun in fucking William at all.

by Anonymousreply 400April 27, 2019 12:28 PM

Your child gets to become a prince. So some perks exist r400.

by Anonymousreply 401April 27, 2019 7:07 PM

That doesn’t sound that fun, and it’ll probably only happen to one person who’s done it. And if she has a girl it probably won’t even get to be a prince, what with the conservative climate at that level of society and all.

by Anonymousreply 402April 27, 2019 9:00 PM

I don't know what you are talking about. Children born out of wedlock don't get titles. If he knocked Rose up, he's even dumber than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 403April 27, 2019 9:14 PM

Can someone translate r402's post? into something comprensible.

by Anonymousreply 404April 27, 2019 9:15 PM

[quote]If he knocked Rose up, he's even dumber than I thought.

Well, there can be SOME benefits.....

RF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405April 27, 2019 9:19 PM

R402 is a response to the notion that fucking William is worthwhile because “Your child gets to become a prince. So some perks exist.”

1) he’s probably not going to divorce Kate, so most people who have sex with him are probably not going to get to see their illegitimate children become princes

2) especially if the illegitimate child is a girl

3) illegitimate children do not get to be princes or princesses

4) why would being the mother of a prince be particularly interesting anyway, especially in comparison to say being a queen

by Anonymousreply 406April 28, 2019 12:00 AM

What happens to a child under those circumstances? Would they even be considered royal, as in, they are accepted into the society of their posh friends? Not sure what happened the last time a high ranking member of the royal family had a bastard shown in the light. I've seen Monaco's process, but their Prince is a cray-cray.

I think there would be a big to-do if a mistress came forward to request a title for their child. The palace would attempt a payoff, but the public woulf probably side with the bastard. I mean is William's seed any less royal if it goes into another woman? BP and conservatives would never bend to that pressure, but a media-savvy woman could really harm William's popularity with such a scandal.

The bastard rule should be tossed into the dustpan, like the male precedence rule they scrapped. It's 2019, if the child is from the heir, then he or she should receive the same rights as all the other children.

Just talking what-ifs.

by Anonymousreply 407April 28, 2019 1:48 PM

I give you the story of Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Richmond and Somerset

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408April 28, 2019 3:30 PM

r408 a dukedom is great. See fucking William has it's benefits if they stick to Henry VIII's rules

by Anonymousreply 409April 28, 2019 4:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410April 28, 2019 7:56 PM

Considering the fuss that is made every time his wife gets pregnant, and how supportive his brother has been and how fond he is of their children, that’s just classless.

“You’ve paid lots of attention to my kids and been supportive of my wife, fuck you and yours.” Petty as hell.

by Anonymousreply 411April 28, 2019 8:02 PM

What the heck is up with Will r410? I saw that article and thought it was so very odd since they have staff to keep them abreast of the situation. It feels like his way of say, I don't give a fuck about that woman and her future offspring.

Harry better hope Charles reigns for a at least a decade or more because William is a terror that shouldn't be leading the Royal family. He is lazy and has little compassion for his own family, hate to know what he thinks about the average citizen.

by Anonymousreply 412April 28, 2019 8:26 PM

He was answering as if he didn't know if she was in labor or not. I'm miffed with William right now but he said I don't have my phone. I don't know if something is imminent or not. He meant if she was in labor and birth was imminent. Geez. Now he could have added he was excited to meet his new niece or nephew. But he's not too smart.

by Anonymousreply 413April 28, 2019 8:29 PM

Considering there are rumors that he and his brother aren’t getting along, and that it’s over his poor attitude towards Meghan, he doesn’t have to prove the rumors are true.

He could simply say, “Any day now, you know how these things are!” and smile.

by Anonymousreply 414April 28, 2019 8:39 PM

did she sucky sucky like dis?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415April 29, 2019 12:12 AM

I think it was when Harry was born, Princess Anne was asked something by a reporter about having a new nephew and her response was cold and dismissive leaving no doubt that she could not care less.

by Anonymousreply 416April 29, 2019 12:14 AM

[quote] He could simply say, “Any day now, you know how these things are!” and smile.

He could simply say, “Any day now, you know how these things are whether Harry is the baby's father or not!” and smile.

Fixed that for you.

by Anonymousreply 417April 29, 2019 12:20 AM

How could William possibly tell the world when the "private" birth information was not available to the public? This would be disrespectful to Harry.

by Anonymousreply 418April 29, 2019 12:29 AM

R417, come sit next to me.

by Anonymousreply 419April 29, 2019 12:34 AM

R409 That was a different time and a king without an heir. William has three heirs, not to mention a brother and cousins. Any bastard he has is completely irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 420April 29, 2019 7:05 AM

R416 you don’t say...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421April 29, 2019 8:18 AM

R410 He should have just said "the baby will come just as soon as the surrogate goes into labour"

by Anonymousreply 422April 29, 2019 7:01 PM

[R410] He should have just said "the baby will come just as soon as the surrogate goes into labour".... and is paid and shipped back to L.A.

TFIFY. Again.

by Anonymousreply 423April 29, 2019 7:13 PM

The thing I like best about Philip and Charles is their emthiasm for kilt drag when I’m Scotland. I imagine it goes back their education in Gordonstoun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424May 1, 2019 8:19 AM

Thick thighs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425May 1, 2019 8:22 AM

Bump! Any more dirt floating around about this asshole?

by Anonymousreply 426May 1, 2019 11:24 PM

I always assumed it was MM who spilled the beans, but this guy thinks it was Rose herself for payback for being banished.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427May 2, 2019 7:36 AM

The Sussexes have unfollowed William and Kate on Instagram!

... and they unfollowed everyone else too for Mental Health Awareness Month. They are following16 accounts related to mental health as a way to raise awareness in the month of May, which is actually quite a smart way to raise attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428May 2, 2019 8:04 AM

[quote]The thing I like best about Philip and Charles is their emthiasm for kilt drag when I’m Scotland. I imagine it goes back their education in Gordonstoun.

It might have as much to do with reinforcing their images as the Royal Monarchs of Scotland. It wasn't always so and much blood was spelt over the issue.

by Anonymousreply 429May 2, 2019 8:14 AM

^ Sorry, I meant blood was spelled, not spelt.

by Anonymousreply 430May 2, 2019 8:20 AM

Not spelt. In Scotland, surely oats?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431May 2, 2019 8:55 AM

Ice bitch Kate drove him have an affair!

by Anonymousreply 432May 4, 2019 6:10 AM

This story has gone completely silent.

by Anonymousreply 433May 22, 2019 8:25 AM

Kensington PR is too busy tipping off bloggers about fictional surrogate and photoshop scandals.

by Anonymousreply 434May 22, 2019 1:59 PM

Thread has re-opened... it’s a Christmas miracle!

by Anonymousreply 435June 13, 2019 1:43 AM

Random

by Anonymousreply 436June 13, 2019 6:15 PM

Wee Charles looks adorable at R424.

by Anonymousreply 437June 16, 2019 11:39 AM

What about DM and its new article about Rose and her husband shacking up with his male friend in Paris?

by Anonymousreply 438June 17, 2019 10:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!