Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Relationship status. Just curious.. are you..?

Where do our data loungers fall

by Anonymousreply 37April 18, 2019 8:51 PM

I voted for Single and Content, but open to a relationship if that happens. If not, that is okay too. I've been partnered before and it does take work to maintain the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 1April 13, 2019 4:23 PM

I've been dabbling in the dating apps lately, and also talking to friends who are dating - we are in our 40's - the number of "married, but seeking to cheat" is astounding. Does anyone *not* cheat or have affairs? Makes me a bit sick. This is more straight-leaning, maybe more gays are in open relationships already..? At this rate, I might as well just stay single and away from the drama.

by Anonymousreply 2April 13, 2019 5:11 PM

Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 7:09 PM

Partnered here, 39 yo. Somewhat happy, somewhat unhappy. More content than miserable. Too lazy to find someone else.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 7:14 PM

I'm 57 and single (more content than not). I have (HSV-2) genital herpes with few outbreaks but sort of feel like that might be an issue for guys who are STD free.

It's interesting as I would never have thought I would be single at this age but I really think the AIDS epidemic affected me in that I wouldn't get that close to anyone. Granted, I've have sex (mostly giving head) but it seems like such a huge effort to go through the entire process of finding someone.

I live in LA so it is looks focused - I'm above average but in LA that doesn't help much at the bars or online - also don't drink (10 years now but didn't go the AA route - did it all on my own).

I've realized that if you are serious about finding someone, especially at this age, you shouldn't focus on looks and give everyone (within reason) a shot.

If I was a betting man, I would say I am going to be single til dealth...not a horrible or a sad thing but just a reality..

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 7:31 PM

My BF broke up with me a long time ago. But he's the only man I love. We're still best friends. I don't want anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 7:37 PM

There are few things I have been successful at in life, I’ve always been a dabbler, but my relationship is one area in which I succeeded. It was hard work at times, but learning to love him after all the changes he and I have gone through over the years has made me a better, happier person.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 7:41 PM

I live in New York, and there are far too many crazies here. I don't even want to bring someone home out of concern that I'll have to call the police to get them to leave.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 7:46 PM

Lived with someone for 11 years Disaster. I never want to fell like that again. Single, happy, casual.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 8:04 PM

Other, please explain: I am married, OP.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 8:08 PM

I'm in a relationship with my caftan.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 8:16 PM

The saddest are those in a relationship that want to get out

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 8:23 PM

I took partnered to be equivalent to married.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2019 8:31 PM

Wrong R13, totally wrong.

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 8:33 PM

Not in life, kiddo, in the polling here.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2019 8:35 PM

R15 The polling here is not life.

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2019 8:50 PM

Ugh. Whatever. It's just a stupid poll on a silly website.

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2019 8:52 PM

OP here. Partnered means married, whatever you call it. I could have gotten more detailed, but it's just a poll. I'm 40 and single if anyone cares.

by Anonymousreply 18April 18, 2019 4:12 PM

Married. Husband is in a nursing home for the long term. So I feel single.

by Anonymousreply 19April 18, 2019 4:15 PM

Partnered? Sounds like a law firm. I am married.

by Anonymousreply 20April 18, 2019 4:18 PM

I’ve been dating a guy for a few weeks and I’m totally into him - he’s my ideal type, I look at him and I want to pounce on him. He’s very funny and smart - we have great conversations. He thinks I’m the best cook. So it’s just been a few short weeks but there’s that spark and connection that’s so awesome. Let’s call him Cameron. I went to a bbq last night that a friend was throwing for another friend’s birthday. I walk in and there was Cameron WITH HIS BOYFRIEND.

by Anonymousreply 21April 18, 2019 4:19 PM

I'm 41 and have been single for the last five years, when a long-term relationship ended. I selected "single and looking" from OP's poll, though I often border on "single and content or too jaded to bother".

Online dating and apps are exhausting. You can be successful, good-looking, in shape, cultured, etc and still not capture anyone's attention for more than a fleeting moment. Dating culture now has reduced people to itemized lists of traits. You filter for the characteristics you like or don't like and, if someone doesn't meet all your criteria, you left-swipe them away and keep swiping until you find perfection. The problem is, perfection does not exist.

The most common occurrence on dating sites and apps now is me asking questions and the other guy answering them, but not asking anything back. They want to be engaged with but not engage. Interest is there, but it's lukewarm because they always have one eye on the app looking for something better.

by Anonymousreply 22April 18, 2019 4:34 PM

I'm with R20. Fuck this partnered shit, I'm MARRIED. I spent 29 years with my man in a "second-class" relationship, then got married as soon as we could. If any of you want to stay second-class and risk hospital visitation rights and automatic inheritance (just to name two), then that's on you.

by Anonymousreply 23April 18, 2019 4:38 PM

OP...You left out "Roommated"

by Anonymousreply 24April 18, 2019 4:46 PM

Partnered? Bitch, I’m married.

by Anonymousreply 25April 18, 2019 7:08 PM

You didn't include a Trans option...

MURDERER!

by Anonymousreply 26April 18, 2019 8:07 PM

I don’t think I k ow ANY fat couples who are monogamous. Even the married ones.

I used to strive for monogamy but sadly I now wonder if it’s possible.

A married semi friend even propositioned me on Grindr and was willing to fuck bareback

by Anonymousreply 27April 18, 2019 8:16 PM

^^”any GAY couples”. Not fat couples. Though that would have been funny

by Anonymousreply 28April 18, 2019 8:16 PM

Single and not just content, but ecstatic.

Had a boyfriend who died in 1992. Nobody ever compared, and I’m thrilled to have my own bed etc. I get plenty of sex, affection, companionship and intellectual stimulation from numerous friends and family. And I don’t have to go to another room to fart.

by Anonymousreply 29April 18, 2019 8:34 PM

[quote] My BF broke up with me a long time ago. But he's the only man I love. We're still best friends. I don't want anyone else.

Are you my ex??? I kind of feel the same if you are

by Anonymousreply 30April 18, 2019 8:35 PM

R29. Serious question.

How old are you? Based on the 1992 date assume you are 40s or 50s

And are you a top? Because it seems that a bottom that’s 50+ may not find it so easy to find plenty of sex nowadays.

Asking as a possibly soon to be single bottom over 45

by Anonymousreply 31April 18, 2019 8:37 PM

R31, I’m 58 and versatile. Trust me, there are plenty of fish in the sea for all persuasions. And maturity only makes you less proud and more willing to try new things. Funny, sex is the only thing where as you get older you get less set in your ways. In part because you appreciate the attention and are willing to please, and in part because you’ve done and seen more, so just doing one thing becomes dull.

by Anonymousreply 32April 18, 2019 8:41 PM

Widiowed. In a group decimated for 15 years with an historic epidemic, how could you have failed to include Widowed?

by Anonymousreply 33April 18, 2019 8:41 PM

Married to my ball and chain.

by Anonymousreply 34April 18, 2019 8:44 PM

In an exclusive long-term gay relationship. Made it through many rough patches. Still sexually attracted to each other after fourteen years.

by Anonymousreply 35April 18, 2019 8:46 PM

Single, closeted and content.

by Anonymousreply 36April 18, 2019 8:48 PM

R32. Thanks.

I’m was too young to have. Been fucking in the 70s

Came out in 80s during height of AIDS panic but still had fun

Have a BFF but thinking of breaking up. Always been a bottom.

I’ve had sex with way younger guys who are tops but they usually don’t know my real age.

by Anonymousreply 37April 18, 2019 8:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!