Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump: I'll Send Migrants to Sanctuary Cities 😝

Everyone is outraged, but I'm sorry, that's kind of brilliant trolling. đŸ€Ł

Stephen Miller's idea. He's one clever fucking Nazi troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 15, 2019 6:54 PM

I really actually would like to see what happens.

Probably they'll provide a long-term economic boost to those cities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 13, 2019 8:50 AM

Trump is right. These cities care about migrants, then they should care FOR migrants.

by Anonymousreply 2April 13, 2019 8:52 AM

We know, OP.

Now go jerk off to pictures of Stephen Miller.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 13, 2019 8:56 AM

Usually I think people accidentally start duplicate threads but this reeks of a RWNJ upset that the primary thread isn't going his way.

by Anonymousreply 4April 13, 2019 9:04 AM

Hey, I searched "sanctuary" and the first thread didn't show up, so fuck you, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5April 13, 2019 9:10 AM

What incentive do the cities have to supervise the migrants. They can just give them bus tickets anywhere they want. A mean idea that doesn't even make ssnse following Trump's stupid logic.

It's tempting to allow this to happen. Becquse the result would be the exact opposite of what Trump want.

by Anonymousreply 6April 13, 2019 9:16 AM

R6, they're not going to give them bus tickets out of their sanctuary cities because their constituents would be up in arms at such a "racist" policy.

by Anonymousreply 7April 13, 2019 9:24 AM

r6 I'd assume the bright lights of the sanctuary cities are where the immigrants are heading for anyway. It's not the 19th century they weren't planning to become rural homesteaders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 13, 2019 9:25 AM

They're not going to leave a city where there much safer from being detained by ICE. And no city can force them to leave.

by Anonymousreply 9April 13, 2019 9:27 AM

Good move

by Anonymousreply 10April 13, 2019 9:28 AM

So, does the US grant asylum to everyone now? Serious question. There's no way all applications can be accepted.

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2019 9:29 AM

R11, the asylum process is kind of bullshit now. Every community has immigration lawyers who coach clients about what to say at their hearings, and immigration court judges are generally pretty lenient. Also, the meaning of asylum in US immigration law has greatly expanded from the original state persecution basis. Now it includes private harms like the danger of gang violence, and abusive spouses.

Keep reading up on this and you'll likely conclude that serious changes are needed in our asylun laws, regulations, and policies.

by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2019 9:35 AM

I really hope they start heading to Canada after being sent to Seattle, Detroit, Minneapolis, etc. The Canadian panic last year was amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2019 9:37 AM

R11, Not all but any person with a child have to be granted temp asylum. This was included in the bill in Feb. And they can't be deported unless they do it some very serious violent crimes

Also, any woman who claims to be a victim of domestic violence, sexual harrasemnt or gang violence must be given asylum. No proof required

by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2019 9:38 AM

Liberals are starting to scare me. I really hope they don't force me to leave the party. A lot of their newfound policies just convey weakness.

by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2019 9:38 AM

R14, except for sexual harassment, any woman who *credibly* claims those things (the judge's finding) is granted asylum.

by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2019 9:42 AM

There is no way to keep migrants in cities if they chose not to be there. So this is Trump just creating chaos.

In fact, Trump has fucked up the whole immigration issue. It seems worse than ever. No ayyempts at sensible policy and people in charge being fired and hired constantly,

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2019 9:45 AM

They'll stay in cities if there's security, community, and economic opportunity — i.e., most large sanctuary cities.

Tell me a Guatemalan asylum seeker won't stay in LA with all the free shit you get and the strong local Latino community? Please.

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2019 9:51 AM

Asylum seekers are not illegal. They are not migrants.

They enter and are detained under US law while their cases are vetted and adjudicated.

Trump has destroyed the enter, detain, and vet part. He has destroyed the system.

This is an artificial crisis trump has created to distract from the fact the oversight committee has subpoenaed 10 years of financial records from his accounting firm.

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2019 9:53 AM

Why is it trolling?

If a city expresses willingness to take in “asylum seekers”, isn’t it just a logical solution? And why burden a city that’s unwilling?

I live in NYC, which has always been a sanctuary city, like it or not. My father was an immigrant who loved this country; if not for immigrants I wouldn’t be here.

by Anonymousreply 20April 13, 2019 9:56 AM

They are not "asylum seekers".

They are not "migrants".

And considering what they pay traffickers, they are certainly not poor.

They are economic invaders. Looking for an easier life at someone else's expense.

The world has changed dramatically. So too must attitudes that are hopelessly at odds with the reality of the world we live in.

by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2019 10:05 AM

It's trolling because he anticipated the outrage the policy proposal would cause among those who'd be affected. Also it's trolling because of the way he framed it in his tweets.

The freak-out was out of all proportion for people who supposedly welcome these migrants. The "how dare you use them as political pawns" rhetoric is just pretense.

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2019 10:07 AM

Sanctuary cities will welcome immigrants.

by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2019 10:08 AM

for Trump fans: His whole thing was build a wall to keep migrants out. Now he wants to transport migrants across the US to big cities. How is that keeping migrants out of the US.? And there is absolutely no way to keep them in these cities. They can leave and go anywhere they want. So isn't this just a complete collapse of Trump's build the wall plan.

Cities should accept this plan and call his bluff.

by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2019 10:08 AM

R21 you must be referring to the 1% Corporate Wekfare thieves on the right.

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2019 10:09 AM

Welfare ^

by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2019 10:09 AM

The migrants should migrate to Wyoming. Nobody’s in Wyoming.

by Anonymousreply 27April 13, 2019 10:11 AM

Due to the fact that Democrats are unwilling to change our very dangerous immigration laws, we are indeed, as reported, giving strong considerations to placing Illegal Immigrants in Sanctuary Cities only....

....The Radical Left always seems to have an Open Borders, Open Arms policy – so this should make them very happy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 13, 2019 10:11 AM

Ask Soros where to send them lol

by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2019 10:12 AM

Send the migrants to Mar-a-Lago. The other migrants already work there.

by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2019 10:14 AM

Ok, I can see the 14 year olds from 4chan have arrived.

Do you little bigots, do you.

by Anonymousreply 31April 13, 2019 10:14 AM

They're coming, breaking down barriers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 13, 2019 10:15 AM

Priority to trans and queer migrants is a must.

by Anonymousreply 33April 13, 2019 10:16 AM

Everything Trump touches ultimately turns to shit. It looks like immigration has from mess to disaster under his watch.

by Anonymousreply 34April 13, 2019 10:35 AM

[quote]I really hope they start heading to Canada after being sent to Seattle, Detroit, Minneapolis, etc. The Canadian panic last year was amazing.

Are you trying to get Andrew Scheer & the Conservatives elected?

by Anonymousreply 35April 13, 2019 10:57 AM

Trump is playing the media like the proverbial fiddle. Notice that he makes the most outrageous tweets that he knows will never come to fruition and the media immediately hops on it. MSNBC and CNN spend hours condemning him and that policy. He gets the whole spotlight on him ( which is what he wants in the first place). Dem politicians end up screaming about him, thereby not having time to articulate their own ideas, just reactionary ones. And his followers are in the corner, laughing at the way their god can totally manipulate the liberals, who become obsessed with everything Trump. Time to formulate your policies and articulate them to the public, Dems. The reactionary campaign didn't work, and the media salivates with his every pronouncement.

by Anonymousreply 36April 13, 2019 12:05 PM

Trump, and the two or three imbeciles that have done the majority of the posting on this thread, are fools who don’t understand human nature. Do you think that most of these migrants know no one in the US? A single man, looking for work, very likely will go anywhere but a woman with children doesn’t just blindly go somewhere, anywhere. They likely all have a family member already living in the US to whom they are heading, regardless of where the government send them.

Oh, and OP, go fuck yourself. You look desperate posting so often to your own thread just so it won’t die. Effort wasted though since once America awakens this little exercise in trolling will be FFed to oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 37April 13, 2019 12:27 PM

I don't know if this is good. Germany had so many issues with accepting a large amount of migration in a short time. The New Years Eve rapefest is just one example. I have to admit that it's good trolling by Trump. Can't deny that.

by Anonymousreply 38April 13, 2019 12:31 PM

R6 that's the bullshit you hear from the politicians and talking heads in media.

Irl? Sanctuary city or not, liberal city/state or not, no one is looking forward to an influx of hundreds of thousands. Where are you going to put them? How can already strained to the breaking point social services possibly cope? Especially when most major cities are already in a rapidly escalating homelessness crises?

Better believe panicked citizens from Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boulder, Denver, to Cambridge and Boston, are blowing up the phones of their reps and senators. But you won't hear about that on the news...

by Anonymousreply 39April 13, 2019 12:48 PM

[quote]But you won't hear about that on the news...

Much like no one heard about it on the news after the Muslim invasion of Western Europe. The media, the government and the police colluded to portray only very positive images of "migrants". Same will happen in the US.

by Anonymousreply 40April 13, 2019 12:54 PM

There are no panicked citizens because everyone knows this is bullshit. Lots of people on this thread who seem to have little to no understanding of the US. Hmm.....

by Anonymousreply 41April 13, 2019 1:04 PM

Donald Trump is such a fucking piece of shit.

There. I said it.

by Anonymousreply 42April 13, 2019 1:23 PM

Economic invaders is right.

by Anonymousreply 43April 13, 2019 1:24 PM

Only 10” or more sizemeat allowed in!

by Anonymousreply 44April 13, 2019 1:26 PM

You suck, OP, and you're not the least bit "sorry".

by Anonymousreply 45April 13, 2019 1:43 PM

r41 there are no panicked citizens, because the majority know the truth: the migrants aren't settling in their suburb or gated community. They don't just go to a big city, they go to specific areas in that city that aren't middle/upper middle class. (In Toronto, they go to specific buildings-no joke.)

The people who are adversely affected are other ethnic people (native born or landed, legal immigrants), and middle class/poor Caucasians. Well-off people don't realize what daily life is like in these areas with a huge influx. It's a struggle for resources and space.

The coddled campus contingent of SJWs, who have no life experience, focus on the extreme racists and ignore everything else. Because many "journalists" are either social activists or lazy, they troll SM for their stories and research, and the SJW squeaky wheel gets the most press.

Believe it or not, that is only a small % of the people who disagree with lax border control. Most people have a live and let live attitude regardless. They still don't want the Chicano marrying their daughter, but they don't care if the family next door is legal. It's when the social safety net is swamped, imported cultural practices like honour killing start happening, etc. that people get upset.

The media focuses on the racist element because it pushes their narrative, but I guarantee you if their own 10% constituency had these people swamping their communities in the same way, that angle would go out the window.

by Anonymousreply 46April 13, 2019 3:11 PM

If robots are replacing unskilled laborers, where will many of these migrants work? Do they still find it easy to find work?

by Anonymousreply 47April 13, 2019 3:21 PM

Even poor Americans won't pick crops, and I'm guessing farm work is already about as mechanized as it can affordably be, so they'll still need low-wage workers to do the basic grunt work. Automation is going to be replacing higher skilled workers in the coming decades.

by Anonymousreply 48April 13, 2019 3:25 PM

I'm not sure who Trump hates more: blacks or Mexicans.

by Anonymousreply 49April 13, 2019 3:25 PM

Blatino Husbears, probably.

by Anonymousreply 50April 13, 2019 3:32 PM

Milo, your creditors are calling. You don’t have time to be on the DL.

I know a retirement gome that needs a janitor.

by Anonymousreply 51April 13, 2019 3:34 PM

I'd still like to know what happened with that $150,000 in donations Milo took in for his "White guy college fund" that reportedly went into his personal account and was never distributed.

by Anonymousreply 52April 13, 2019 3:41 PM

[quote]My father was an immigrant who loved this country

Legal or illegal, R20? I ask because I'm shocked at how many on the left today are unwilling (or incapable) of differentiating between the two. Big difference.

Few people have an issue with legal (i.e. vetted) immigration. It's illegal (i.e. non-vetted) immigration that concerns people and rightly so. You wouldn't move someone you knew nothing about into your home would you?

by Anonymousreply 53April 13, 2019 3:42 PM

Asylum seekers are not illegal.

by Anonymousreply 54April 13, 2019 3:46 PM

Jew Uncle Toms....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 13, 2019 3:54 PM

Is that Goebbels and Himmler at High Tea?

by Anonymousreply 56April 13, 2019 4:00 PM

[quote] fools who don’t understand human nature. Do you think that most of these migrants know no one in the US?

It’s you who is the fool, Tony @ R47. Most new immigrants gravitate towards big cities anyway where the $$ possibilities are. That’s why they came to the US - not to “hang out” with their distant relatives, but to make money. E.g. if the existing relatives moved out to suburbia - the new immigrants won’t just follow them out to suburbia.

As for women with kids - if they were left in a situation that necessitated asylum, you can bet they’d don’t have a family that cares a zitch about them. What, the family all emigrated and abandoned the single mom to her own devices? Those women usually don’t have anyone.

by Anonymousreply 57April 13, 2019 4:37 PM

*Meant Tony @R37.

by Anonymousreply 58April 13, 2019 4:40 PM

R53, he was a legal immigrant who came here in the 1950s from an Eastern European country. He served in Vietnam and became a proud US citizen. I don’t know if he was a Democrat or a Republican, because he didn’t discuss politics and absolutely treasured his right to “secret ballot”. Voted in every election possible.

by Anonymousreply 59April 13, 2019 5:00 PM

Well I hope they dropped them off at Nancy Pelosi and Gavin Newson house

by Anonymousreply 60April 13, 2019 5:48 PM

R36 makes a good point.

We spend too much time reacting and lashing out at Trump every time he does something outrageous.

The Dems need to pick a nominee and a set of policies and ideas that resonate with ordinary voters that can beat Trump and win the next election.

If every day becomes about talking about how terrible Trump is instead of presenting a contrasting set of policies that appeal to people, he may win again.

by Anonymousreply 61April 13, 2019 8:33 PM

I really think this is a win-win for everyone.

The immigrants get to stay in the US, which is what the immigrants want.

The Sanctuary cities get to welcome them all in and pay for their education and healthcare, which is what those cities want.

And the red states get to keep them out, which is what thisebstates want.

And Trump gets to say he found a solution to the border crisis, which is what he wants.

by Anonymousreply 62April 14, 2019 5:28 PM

Why is everyone accepting all this? Why is it ok? just like having everyone come over into your home, eat your food, have you to tend to their medical needs, get their education and you foot the bill While they sleep in your bed? And you demand everyone else to do it too? I suspect you get tired if your in-laws come every other day sleeping over and eatting your food, a sane person would say enough already.

by Anonymousreply 63April 14, 2019 8:44 PM

R63, you can’t say that stuff on here or you’ll be called a racist deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 64April 14, 2019 9:58 PM

Aren't the schools packed already?

by Anonymousreply 65April 15, 2019 3:58 AM

Hilarious. The Trump cult think these immigrants are just going to stay frozen in place where they are dropped. They’re going to move around all across the US just like any other American. So what Trump is really doing is fully opening the border. The one good thing is America will turn brown faster with this plan and render the cult obsolete.

by Anonymousreply 66April 15, 2019 5:15 AM

Ironically, he's taking a page out of the Castro playbook.

It will be interesting to see the response if he gets close to implementing it. All of the social activists on SM would think twice if it actually involved their own lives. As with a lot of social issues, it's always their compassion at everyone else's expense.

by Anonymousreply 67April 15, 2019 5:36 AM

Trump is hoping the sanctuary cities will be overwhelmed if they get flooded with migrants... and will then ask for the borders to be secured and immigration reduced. It’s a good plan.

by Anonymousreply 68April 15, 2019 3:01 PM

He’s kind of like Merkel. Except not inviting them in but, like Merkel, committed to having them settle somewhere once they cross. The cities will deal but the rurals are going to have a fit once they start moving around. One good benefit is Alabama and Georga will have more agri workers.

by Anonymousreply 69April 15, 2019 3:25 PM

R64 yelling out racist can't always be the excuse for everything when it come of taking money out of our pay checks to support them. Having people coming in your yard is fine with me but don't demand you want them in my yard too.

by Anonymousreply 70April 15, 2019 6:40 PM

R66 Why would an illegal leave a sanctuary city where they're safe from deportation and have all their needs met?

by Anonymousreply 71April 15, 2019 6:51 PM

They stay in sanctuary cities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 15, 2019 6:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!