Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Confirms WH Plan To Punish “Radical Left” By Dumping Captured Migrants On Democratic Districts

Nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417April 18, 2019 5:08 AM

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2019 5:15 PM

HE IS SUCH A DICK

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2019 5:15 PM

I hate him more each day, if that is possible.

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2019 5:59 PM

Well, SF is safe. The immigrants already left shit; they don;t want to live in more.

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2019 6:13 PM

His base would love it.

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2019 6:15 PM

When the Democrats wrest back control of the WH, I want them to STRANGLE the rural, deplorable areas. Cut off all of their aid, refuse FEMA money, no more welfare for farmers.

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2019 6:20 PM

R6 Never happen, unfortunately. Dems are wimps

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2019 6:23 PM

Perhaps Democrats are normal human beings, R7.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2019 6:27 PM

Well, this, combined with the SALT deduction cap is going to have people in high tax states questioning where money is going.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2019 6:27 PM

How unifying! And when these districts bus them to mar a lago? Dumb dum

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2019 6:28 PM

Homeland Security, ICE, their legal advisors have all said that this is a no-go and won't happen. He's just saying it to fire up his base.

And anyway the whole thing is based on the assumption that liberals in sanctuary cities would scream "OH NO, BROWN PEOPLE!" and become hysterical. Whereas in fact, no one would care.

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2019 6:29 PM

Dems need to be fighting back hard, subpoenas need to be flying like arrows at Agincourt, but they seem to be too concerned with giving the administration time to respond to their polite inquiries. Fuck that shit, drag Meuller et al in front of a congressional committee now.

by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2019 6:33 PM

He knows it’s illegal. His own people told him so and refused to do it.

They know - as even Kirstjen Nielsen finally figured out (and Michael Cohen and Wikileaks Assange are now experiencing ) - that if you break the law for him, he’ll heap on praise Until you’re caught, and then he’ll pretend he barely knew you.

Who was that coffee boy?

by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2019 6:38 PM

Damn, I am so SICK of this NAZI president and all his GOP enablers. Is anyone paying ATTENTION?

Now Americans are finally seeing the true agenda of the GOP, they are all Nazis in their fake religious and 'conservative' disguises.

FUCK THEM ALL.

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2019 6:40 PM

Trump is just trolling the democrats. It won't actually happen.

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2019 7:01 PM

And with his, Trump just won his second term.

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2019 7:03 PM

^^And with this^^

by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2019 7:07 PM

USA Today: 'A new level of inhumanity': Democrats denounce White House idea to release migrants in sanctuary cities

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2019 7:07 PM

SA Express-News: 11-year-old ordered deported without her family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2019 7:09 PM

CNBC: Trump 'giving strong considerations' to releasing ICE detainees 'in sanctuary cities only'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2019 7:11 PM

[quote] And with his, Trump just won his second term.

Are you going to keep saying that until he loses in 2020? It's kind of boring, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2019 7:17 PM

[quote]Are you going to keep saying that until he loses in 2020? It's kind of boring, to be honest.

THANK YOU!

I swear R16 would pick the corn out of Trump's turds, pop 'em, eat them and then proclaim them to be a 3-star Michelin meal.

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2019 7:18 PM

When Trump first talked about building the wall I said he was going to be the next president and was ridiculed by everyone on this site.

Taking a hard stance on immigration will easily give him his second term.

by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2019 7:19 PM

He’s such a petty, vindictive dick. We may never recover.

by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2019 7:19 PM

[quote]Taking a hard stance on immigration will easily give him his second term.

Not likely, when poll after poll has shown that Americans support immigration and immigrants by solid majorities. Here's an example from Pew.

Maybe you didn't notice that Trump focused entirely on immigration before the midterm elections, which the Democrats then won overwhelmingly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 12, 2019 7:32 PM

When he drops dead from obesity and pees on himself during a press conference, will arrest warrants go out for the family?

by Anonymousreply 26April 12, 2019 7:45 PM

Well immigrants settling in cities that welcome them, what’s not to love?

by Anonymousreply 27April 12, 2019 7:53 PM

[quote]Taking a hard stance on immigration will easily give him his second term.

Farmers love immigrant labor! Between not getting their immigrant workers and Dump's absurd tariffs, they are losing tons of money. Soybean farmers anyone? Most sane and intelligent farmers sure won't be voting for that dolt again.

Giving farmers American taxpayers money due to Trump's absurd polices isn't going too well either. Taxpayers are noticing this. I've always said, once this imbecile Trump's vile polices start affecting people personally, then, they will finally start paying attention.

Trump is basically destroying the US. He's an ignorant Fascist pig.

by Anonymousreply 28April 12, 2019 8:02 PM

I thought farmers had their own guest worker visa program.

by Anonymousreply 29April 12, 2019 8:05 PM

Every time Trump opens the filthy shithole in his face to spew shit about immigrants, people should ask for the press conference about Melania’s questionable immigration status and history.

We can talk about immigration, but let’s clarify how the whore got here first.

by Anonymousreply 30April 12, 2019 8:08 PM

Remember Melania ws going to have a press conference in just a few weeks to address those immigration issues. I think that was shortly after her plagiarism snafu. The Trump's know if they sit on something for a few weeks, people will move on to the next fire which they will then ignore as they move on to their next shiny object.

by Anonymousreply 31April 12, 2019 8:22 PM

There’s a small farm on my street that uses illegal labor and the owner had a TRUMP sign in her lawn. She knew she’d never get arrested for employing illegals because nobody does.

by Anonymousreply 32April 12, 2019 8:23 PM

[quote]He knows it’s illegal. His own people told him so and refused to do it.

Tump last week urged Kevin McAleenan, whom he was about to name as acting secretary of homeland security, to close the southwestern border – and Trump said he would pardon McAleenan if he encountered any legal problems as a result of taking the action.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2019 8:26 PM

The threat of this alone should have him removed from office.

by Anonymousreply 34April 12, 2019 8:50 PM

"Damn, I am so SICK of this NAZI president and all his GOP enablers. Is anyone paying ATTENTION?

Now Americans are finally seeing the true agenda of the GOP, they are all Nazis in their fake religious and 'conservative' disguises.

FUCK THEM ALL."

Relax, sweetie. Life is good. How do you get through a day?

by Anonymousreply 35April 12, 2019 8:52 PM

But honestly, isn't this a win/win? Blue states don't care and want the migrants to come live there and the Red states don't. So what is the big deal either way?

by Anonymousreply 36April 12, 2019 8:59 PM

Time to re-evaulate the pardon powers of a sitting POTUS after this travesty of an administration is cleared out.

by Anonymousreply 37April 12, 2019 9:01 PM

Thank God!! This would be exactly what the sanctuary cities deserve. Bus all those people right off to them.

by Anonymousreply 38April 12, 2019 10:52 PM

I makes sense that cities claiming to be "Sanctuary Cities" should be given the opportunity to be sanctuaries.

by Anonymousreply 39April 12, 2019 10:58 PM

Bus them right on in and dump them off in our sanctuaries!! And don’t worry, everyone there will just love and welcome it because God forbid anybody do something that might make them look racist!!

by Anonymousreply 40April 12, 2019 11:13 PM

Don't you just love how the sole purpose of the right wing these days is to "stick it to the libs?" The hell with actually governing, coming up with a coherent policy, executing on a rational strategy, hiring competent people. Nope, as long as it pisses off the libs, it's full speed ahead. And if it does piss off the libs, then mission accomplished, even if they managed to completely fuck themselves over or it's blatantly illegal.

by Anonymousreply 41April 12, 2019 11:16 PM

[quote]I makes sense that cities claiming to be "Sanctuary Cities" should be given the opportunity to be sanctuaries.

Thank you for confirming that you have absolutely no clue about what a "sanctuary city" actually is.

by Anonymousreply 42April 12, 2019 11:16 PM

Uh-huh. Republicans tried that in 2018, going all in on that, since they had nothing else to run on. How did that work out for them?

by Anonymousreply 43April 12, 2019 11:17 PM

R43, Democrats took back congress, which is voted by district, but lost seats in the Senate, which is voted on at the state level. So I'd say it was a draw.

by Anonymousreply 44April 12, 2019 11:25 PM

What cities are officially sanctuary cities?

by Anonymousreply 45April 12, 2019 11:27 PM

Sorry, R44, but that is not correct. If that same vote takes place in 2020, with voters voting Democratic and Republican as they did in 2018, the Democratic Presidential candidate would win. Democrat turnout was a full 8 percentage points higher, even with Republicans going all in on fear, and even with the benefit of a "caravan" approaching the Southern border.

Even in the Senate, it wasn't a draw. That was the toughest Senate election map in over a century and Democrats managed to hold their losses to just two seats. Several months earlier, Republicans were gloating over the possibility of getting to a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate.

Fear didn't work in 2018; there isn't much reason to believe it will work in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 46April 12, 2019 11:29 PM

R42 Perhaps the so-called "sanctuary cities" need to inform all the coming migrants what their concept of "sanctuary city" is.

Because those coming migrants believe they can arrive in those cities to get sanctuary.

by Anonymousreply 47April 12, 2019 11:33 PM

R46, Democratic turnout was high because of the typically blue districts turned out in full force and PA redistricted. And, it was moderate Democrats and blue dogs, and not progressives, that won the house back for Democrats. Spin it however you want, Democrats still lost seats in the Senate, and according to a Washington Post article, 2020 isn't going to be a cake walk either.

by Anonymousreply 48April 12, 2019 11:41 PM

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll kill someone.

-- DJT

by Anonymousreply 49April 12, 2019 11:50 PM

All that fat shitstain ever does is threaten. He rarely follows through because someone how actually knows what's legal and what's not legal informs him he can't do it, and that's the end of it.

by Anonymousreply 50April 12, 2019 11:55 PM

[quote] Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll kill someone. -- DJT

Yeah, hopefully it'll be you.

by Anonymousreply 51April 12, 2019 11:56 PM

Migrants seeking 'sanctuary' have killed citizens in Canada, Belgium and Germany.

by Anonymousreply 52April 13, 2019 12:00 AM

[quote] Yeah, hopefully it'll be you.

Oh, did I step on someone's little orange toes?

by Anonymousreply 53April 13, 2019 12:00 AM

Could someone push his face into a bucket of bleach and hold it there? It is a proper ending for a grifter and a traitor.

by Anonymousreply 54April 13, 2019 12:06 AM

When he first said that, it sounded good to me. I have never had much trouble with immigrants, legal or illegal.

by Anonymousreply 55April 13, 2019 12:08 AM

Thank goodness no white person has ever killed anyone, R52.

by Anonymousreply 56April 13, 2019 12:11 AM

Brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 57April 13, 2019 12:12 AM

[quote]Because those coming migrants believe they can arrive in those cities to get sanctuary.

And your evidence for this is what, exactly? And the reason we should care about this and use this to set public policy is why, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 58April 13, 2019 12:18 AM

[quote]Migrants seeking 'sanctuary' have killed citizens in Canada, Belgium and Germany.

Thank you for that lovely display of ignorance. Immigrants in the U.S., legal and illegal alike, commit fewer crimes than do U.S. citizens.

by Anonymousreply 59April 13, 2019 12:19 AM

As others have noted, this is just fire up his base & give those cunts on Fox News something to cluck about, but I hope it has a complimentary action of firing our the dem base and donating not only to democratic presidential candidates, but candidates running against Miss Thang Graham and New Gingrich in drag (also known as Susan Collins). I agree that I'd love some brutal payback to those red state mother fuckers, but the more realistic thing is to take over & govern like adults - not unlike Nancy Pelosi, who uses her power wisely and not purely out of spite like the repugs.

by Anonymousreply 60April 13, 2019 12:20 AM

I thought immigrants and diversity were what makes this country GREAT! Why complain now?

by Anonymousreply 61April 13, 2019 12:21 AM

[quote]Democratic turnout was high because of the typically blue districts turned out in full force and PA redistricted. And, it was moderate Democrats and blue dogs, and not progressives, that won the house back for Democrats.

*shrug* So? That doesn't change my point that had 2018 been a Presidential election year, Trump would have lost. Republicans went all in on fear in 2018 and it didn't work. There is no reason to believe that doing so again in 2020 will be any more effective.

[quote]Spin it however you want, Democrats still lost seats in the Senate

I repeat: it was the most brutal Senate map in over a century, with Republicans gloating over the possibility of getting to 60 Senate seats. Democrats won seats they were "supposed" to have lost and held the damage to just two seats lost. That was a victory for them.

by Anonymousreply 62April 13, 2019 12:22 AM

My old favorite joke from years in L.A.: "Why should you never hit a Mexican on a bicycle?"

"Because it's probably your bicycle."

Y'all have fun out there with this stuff

by Anonymousreply 63April 13, 2019 12:22 AM

[quote]I thought immigrants and diversity were what makes this country GREAT! Why complain now?

Because we're shaking our heads at the childish pettiness of Trump and how that childish pettiness is shaping Presidential policy.

by Anonymousreply 64April 13, 2019 12:23 AM

Elections have consequences.

by Anonymousreply 65April 13, 2019 12:24 AM

Jenny Durkan, mayor of Seattle, has already written an op-ed for the Washington Post that says, essentially, Bring them on, creep!

(the Post is weird - try opening in a new browser if the link doesn't work)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 13, 2019 12:25 AM

Lowlife Trump thinks like a spoiled, ignorant child. He is exactly like a very stupid spoiled child.

by Anonymousreply 67April 13, 2019 12:25 AM

Thank you for that lovely bit of stupidity, r65. We eagerly await the next pearls of wisdom you'll be vomiting forth.

by Anonymousreply 68April 13, 2019 12:29 AM

Well you can thank Obama for that pearl of wisdom. I love it. I hope he does it.

by Anonymousreply 69April 13, 2019 12:30 AM

Like a migrant could afford life in Seattle. Okay, clear a spot for them on the streets.

by Anonymousreply 70April 13, 2019 12:31 AM

So do I, r69, since a) it's illegal and b) it will backfire on him just as badly as did putting children in cages. I'm quite happy to let Trump make an utter fool of himself. See you in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 71April 13, 2019 12:32 AM

Where were you when Obama was putting them in cages? Why so vocal now? You didn't give a shit before. What changed?

by Anonymousreply 72April 13, 2019 12:37 AM

What an idiot. Wants to send in the very people he claims to want to keep out.

Fine, we'll take them. And when they become citizens, they'll vote Democratically because we'll make sure they know who tried to fucked them over. Then watch out, assholes, because they'll naturally want to live in areas where the climate is similar to home. They'll take your jobs, your homes, marry your daughters and sons, and infuse this country with much needed optimism and their hard work ethic.

by Anonymousreply 73April 13, 2019 12:38 AM

This again, R72? We know what happened under Obama and why. They were never declared 'illegals' either.

Keep crying your salty reptilian tears and feeding off the lies of your leader that these people are your enemy. It's a world of difference you cannot possibly understand with your limited intellect and lack of empathy.

by Anonymousreply 74April 13, 2019 12:40 AM

[quote]Where were you when Obama was putting them in cages? Why so vocal now? You didn't give a shit before. What changed?

LOL... Ah, so you're one of those, ignorant and determined to remain so. Thank you for confirming that nobody here needs to take you seriously.

by Anonymousreply 75April 13, 2019 12:42 AM

Whats the deal? Thatswhere they will go anyway?

by Anonymousreply 76April 13, 2019 12:44 AM

The Democrats should be thrilled to the point of orgasm. Democrats in DC and on DL should singing Trump's praises for this idea. They insist that illegal aliens are superior to native-born Americans in every conceivable way. According to the Democrats, illegal aliens and false asylum seekers are more law-abiding, better educated, more Christian, but also more gay friendly, more respectful of women, more compassionate towards children, better educated, take better care of the environment, and supportive of trans-gender bathroom rights. So this should be a demographic Christmas present for them.

So why aren't the Democrats and their employees at CNN and the Washington Post cheering this?

by Anonymousreply 77April 13, 2019 12:46 AM

What's up, R77? The toilet back up again so you have to spew the right wing hyperbole and outright lies because you can't defend a damn thing the GOP is doing here? You must be shaking in your boots with fear over the murderers and rapists he's about to distribute in the country. Run, bitch, they're coming!

by Anonymousreply 78April 13, 2019 12:49 AM

You can stop trying, R79. No one is rising to your idiotic, rotten to the core bait of lies and exaggeration, you vile piece of fascist shit.

We actually read more than one source for news and know what happened in that situation. You, on the other hand, have not. It's obvious. So stop trying already....your efforts are better spent trying to get another bowl of borsht from your masters.

by Anonymousreply 80April 13, 2019 12:59 AM

Tell me what my lies were? What did I type that is incorrect? What? You just can't face the truth. Gam Gam cankles lost and you enjoy being in the angry echo chamber. There is absolutely nothing incorrect about what I typed. Especially the mendacious pieces of shit part. I'll wait though for you to tell me what is incorrect. You are so incoherent you can't even admit the truth. You are deranged.

by Anonymousreply 81April 13, 2019 1:02 AM

R81 Don't worry about that elitist. Do you live in the heartland?

by Anonymousreply 82April 13, 2019 1:05 AM

I really don't get this I thought these people that are now throwing shit fits wanted these people? Or did they just want them somewhere else. I am very confused here.

by Anonymousreply 83April 13, 2019 1:07 AM

It's no concern to anything where I live. You can put out duplicitous, self serving behavior wherever you are. Actually on the surface I'd appear to be an elitist. I live in New York city and work at one of the most prestigious research facilities in the world. I speak, socialize, work with, and live with more people of color than probably anyone in this thread. I'm just waiting for a link to their posts protesting the cages from the eight years before Trump.

by Anonymousreply 84April 13, 2019 1:08 AM

Good Lord, the Fascist Trolls on this thread are ANGRY, ANGRY, PEOPLE. Either their Masters have forgotten to feed them for a few days, or their payments through the Bank of Cypress are late. Either way, save your Contemptuous, Bullshit, High- and- Mighty Posturing for the low I.Q. Trump Fanboys who might actually BELIEVE that you have a moral code greater than an Ameoba's anus.

by Anonymousreply 85April 13, 2019 1:32 AM

[quote]I thought immigrants and diversity were what makes this country GREAT! Why complain now?

[quote]Elections have consequences.

[quote]Well you can thank Obama for that pearl of wisdom. I love it. I hope he does it.

[quote]Where were you when Obama was putting them in cages? Why so vocal now? You didn't give a shit before. What changed?

[quote]The Obama administration separated more families than Trump. Under him the cages were built. He deported more illegal immigrants than Trump. He sent the military to the border. Where was your righteous indignation then? What's changed you mendacious pieces of shit? You didn't give a fuck before about the little brown people. Why now?

[quote]Tell me what my lies were? What did I type that is incorrect? What? You just can't face the truth. Gam Gam cankles lost and you enjoy being in the angry echo chamber. There is absolutely nothing incorrect about what I typed. Especially the mendacious pieces of shit part. I'll wait though for you to tell me what is incorrect. You are so incoherent you can't even admit the truth. You are deranged.

[quote]It's no concern to anything where I live. You can put out duplicitous, self serving behavior wherever you are. Actually on the surface I'd appear to be an elitist. I live in New York city and work at one of the most prestigious research facilities in the world. I speak, socialize, work with, and live with more people of color than probably anyone in this thread. I'm just waiting for a link to their posts protesting the cages from the eight years before Trump.

Isn't there a deplorable forum that you can join and leave sane, decent people alone? Seriously, shouldn't be enough for you that you won in 2016? Can't you just enjoy that for the next two years?

by Anonymousreply 86April 13, 2019 1:42 AM

R53, that comment was not aimed at you. It was aimed at DJT, the person the post pretended to be written by.

by Anonymousreply 87April 13, 2019 1:54 AM

R79 halfwits like you don't deserve to be out on your own. You are too fucking stupid to even realize how fucking stupid you are.

by Anonymousreply 88April 13, 2019 1:55 AM

little brown people

Says it all, doesn't it? Poor slathering fool has no clue what a racist asshat he is. Even went so far as to say he works them. Wowza, next it will be "some of my friends are little brown people"

by Anonymousreply 89April 13, 2019 1:58 AM

Why are Sanctuary City supporters on so angry? They're the ones who claim that illegal aliens and fake asylum seekers are our superiors and turn the evil, rotten white Supremacist USA into a multi-cultural Utopian paradise. It sounds like Donald Trump is giving them exactly what they want. So why aren't they on board? Someone please explain that to me.

by Anonymousreply 90April 13, 2019 2:11 AM

Put a Greyhound bus stop in front of Nancy's house.

by Anonymousreply 91April 13, 2019 2:14 AM

R90 better yet ask the supporters to lay out a plan of how they intend to support all this.

by Anonymousreply 92April 13, 2019 2:16 AM

Love that idea R91 !

by Anonymousreply 93April 13, 2019 2:20 AM

No, R90, you need no explanation we can supply since you already know how we think and what we feel.

Shouldn't you be running away from all the rapists and murderers your orange turd of a leader is letting in? Why are you so happy with this? Is it because you really believe people are like guns and you can shoot someone with them? Why is the sky purple in your world? Does your mother know she birthed a weasel?

by Anonymousreply 94April 13, 2019 2:20 AM

R92 Obama settled a bunch of third world refugees in communities like Lewistown, Maine and Duluth, Minnesota without their consent and left them overwhelmed. If he could do it without legal consequences, than why can't Trump?

by Anonymousreply 95April 13, 2019 2:22 AM

Overwhelmed to the point of success with jobs and an American life. That bunch of 3rd world refugees were displaced by our military actions and we have a standing agreement (until Syria) to do so with those who have helped our military in those places.

Without consent? As if refugees have any real choice in the matter when death is the other option. I know some of those Somali people in Lewiston, troll breath, and they had to adjust to the redneck assholes in Maine who harassed the shit out of them. Another lovely rep' came out of the community in Duluth and you all love her to death, apparently.

Intention is everything when it comes to the differences between one administration and another. I'm happy to allow you to continue to hang yourself on your own petard.

by Anonymousreply 96April 13, 2019 2:28 AM

Those refugees left their new home towns overwhelmed. The locals didn't consent to having those people settled in their communities. Lewistown and Duluth had to endure increased crime and increased taxes to take care of the new residents.

Sanctuary city supporters want millions of illegal aliens and false asylum claimers in the U.S. So Trump is giving them what they want. Why aren't they cheering him on?

by Anonymousreply 97April 13, 2019 2:48 AM

Overwhelmed by revitalization and a reversal of their declining population.

by Anonymousreply 98April 13, 2019 2:55 AM

That's an outright lie, R97. They were invited to Lewiston and helped bring about a revitalization of their local economy.

Tell us again what we want, R97....you don't need to ask questions.....you already know what we want and how to give it to us....the problem here is your stupidity in calling them illegals....he cannot release illegals, stupid. You are as dense as he is. Either he gives them asylum and they become legal, or he's breaking the law.

You need to book that bus ticket soon, because they're coming to a town near you!

by Anonymousreply 99April 13, 2019 3:01 AM

Have you heard of Somali Hot Boyz, Madhibaan with Attitude, or The Somali Mafia. They are violent Somali gangs who have caused a crime wave in Minnesota. The refugees have also committed massive welfare fraud. Your idea of "revitalization" is pretty twisted.

Let me guess, migrant false asylum seekers won't be coming to your home town because you live in an all-white gated community, right? No one hates diversity in their personal lives than wealthy Democrats. Diversity for thee but not for me is their secret motto.

by Anonymousreply 100April 13, 2019 3:18 AM

R100, exactly how much time do you spend each day dredging 'The United States Illegal Alien Crime Report' website looking for stuff to repost here?

by Anonymousreply 101April 13, 2019 3:23 AM

Just a reminder that Obama repeatedly said he hoped to be or was the President of everyone. Trump has repeatedly acted or stated that he wanted to punish the half the country that did not vote for him. He’s a petty, small, man.

by Anonymousreply 102April 13, 2019 3:30 AM

If false asylum seekers are so much better than native-born Americans, which is what sanctuary supporters claim, than this isn't punishment.

by Anonymousreply 103April 13, 2019 3:38 AM

R100, you’re being ridiculous. If they all dropped into my neighborhood, I wouldn’t even notice.

by Anonymousreply 104April 13, 2019 3:44 AM

R104 Don't you pay attention when you walk the streets?

by Anonymousreply 105April 13, 2019 3:48 AM

There is a concern about taking in so many unskilled people when automation is making so many jobs obsolete, and it's only going to keep getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 106April 13, 2019 3:53 AM

Can someone explain to me what the actual problem is? I understand Trump is using this to rile his base, but entirely aside from Trump, doesn't this work out pretty well for all the relevant parties involved? I thought cities became sanctuaries in order to attract illegal migrants and to shield them from deportation, so wouldn't this end up being a win-win for both the migrants and the cities that welcome them?

by Anonymousreply 107April 13, 2019 3:59 AM

Trump has claimed repeatedly that the asylum seekers are murderers and rapists--and he wants to send them to the cities that voted against him. Tells you all you need to know about Trump.

But the reality is that you could dump them all in Los Angeles and the city would barely notice. It would be more of an issue in SF because it's a much smaller city, but people would try to help and they'd end up in various areas around the Bay and out into the Central Valley. Honestly, it wouldn't be anything new, we have a huge number of foreign-born residents. The hipsters among us would start arguing over where to get the best Honduran food.

It might be a nuisance to deal with a large influx of people, but we Californians deal with that all the time--tech bros, Mexicans, Okies and Arkies--there's nothing special, in that way, about asylum seekers.

And that's what Trump and his scaredy-cat acolytes don't get. The rest of us aren't so fucking frightened of people with accents. (Honestly, rich Chinese driving up real-estate prices is a much bigger problem than some poor Hondurans would be.)

by Anonymousreply 108April 13, 2019 4:02 AM

Even the anchors in Fox News says Trump can't just order people to dump immigrants in the Sanctuary Cities. It's against the law, there would also be financial costs of the transportation and the government would be legally responsible to these people if a mishap happened (like an accident, etc).

They said Trump was threatening this last year and it didn't happen, he's only boasting to rile up his base.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 13, 2019 4:20 AM

But, outside of the impossible logistics, and Donnie Dump trying to score political points with his base, why is this considered outrageous? Denizens of sanctuary cities don't believe that these asylum seekers/migrants are murderers and rapists, in fact, they have welcomed migrants to the US, and have made that clear by allowing their lawmakers to make their city a sanctuary city.

If they're the ones who are fine with welcoming migrants, while other cities are not, why not have the cities who want migrants be the cities who get them? I'm not getting it.

by Anonymousreply 110April 13, 2019 4:34 AM

IMO, Sanctuary cities are those cities that already have immigrants and refuse to cooperate with the ICE. The problem with Trump's proposal is that he would be mean-spirited enough to drop off criminals and not bear any costs. However, he can't do that, it's against the law.

[quote] Leaders of sanctuary cities say they want to reduce fear of deportation and possible family break-up among people who are in the country illegally, so that such people will be more willing to report crimes, use health and social services, and enroll their children in school. In the United States, municipal policies include prohibiting police or city employees from questioning people about their immigration status and refusing requests by national immigration authorities to detain people beyond their release date, if they were jailed for breaking local la

by Anonymousreply 111April 13, 2019 4:43 AM

Not gonna happen. He’s full of shit as usual.

by Anonymousreply 112April 13, 2019 4:45 AM

Here's some Australian propaganda showing smiling happy migrants being forced to live in a city a long way away that they didn't want to go to.

But the federal government blackmailed the city council to accept these unwilling migrants with massive subsidies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 13, 2019 4:59 AM

I don't understand how such conspiracy to commit blatant criminality hasn't caused millions to surround the White House with torches and pitchforks. Impeachment must be coming!

by Anonymousreply 114April 13, 2019 5:01 AM

I don't know, but in Britain, migrants thrive best in places that actually welcome them, such as Tower Hamlets in East London, and definitely do not thrive in places where the locals are angry they are there (such as the remote Isle of Bute). If I were a migrant I would immediately head for a sanctuary city if only because I'd feel more welcome there.

by Anonymousreply 115April 13, 2019 5:03 AM

Where are they supposed to go, then?

by Anonymousreply 116April 13, 2019 5:33 AM

It's going to backfire on the Petulant Man Child In Chief - I'll explain why. Sure dump those migrants on Democratic districts and I'm hoping the people in those area help those migrants naturalize so that they can vote his mother fucking ass out in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 117April 13, 2019 5:42 AM

What part of the country do you live in, Lucifer? Do you know many Latinos?

I did voter outreach for the Democrats in the last election, including Spanish-speaking voters, and my bet is that the Democratic party is going to get a huge and negative surprise as a result of their stance on immigration.

by Anonymousreply 118April 13, 2019 5:51 AM

R118 I work with legal immigrants from Sri Lanka, Mexico, and Vietnam. Guess who they voted for?

by Anonymousreply 119April 13, 2019 5:53 AM

R115 Tower Hamlets is a London ghetto.

That's the place where there were signs saying 'No-Gay Zone'.

Their corrupt mayor abused the chattels (i.e. wives) and the government had to step in and oust him.

by Anonymousreply 120April 13, 2019 6:04 AM

The libs will welcome this right?

by Anonymousreply 121April 13, 2019 6:35 AM

Look what's happening in Italy.

The Italians have to do what the migrants want—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 13, 2019 6:43 AM

I've read a few of the articles today, but I don't see how releasing aliens in some locations is legal, but to release them in the sanctuary cities would be illegal. That doesn't make sense. DHS needs to open a processing center in Pacific Heights. It would actually be a very pleasant place for immigrants to start their American journey.

by Anonymousreply 123April 13, 2019 6:50 AM

[quote] House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says rounding up immigrants and shipping them to sanctuary cities is “disrespectful” to the nation’s challenges. The California Democrat was asked Friday for her thoughts on reports that the White House had considered sending immigrants to places like New York and Pelosi’s San Francisco that don’t cooperate with federal immigration officials. Pelosi says the idea is “just another notion that is unworthy of the president of the United States and disrespectful of the challenges we face.” Three people familiar with the idea said Friday that the White House considered a plan to release detained immigrants into sanctuary cities, a plan that critics branded as an effort to use migrants as pawns to go after political opponents. The people say Department of Homeland Security lawyers quickly rejected the proposal and it was dropped. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Deputy Director Matt Albence denies the White House pressured immigration officials to implement the idea.

by Anonymousreply 124April 13, 2019 6:55 AM

[quote]Sure dump those migrants on Democratic districts and I'm hoping the people in those area help those migrants naturalize so that they can vote his mother fucking ass out in 2020.

It takes years to become a citizen with voting rights. These people won’t be voting in 2020 nor 2024. Be realistic.

by Anonymousreply 125April 13, 2019 6:55 AM

Flood NYC and San Fran and Chicago lol

by Anonymousreply 126April 13, 2019 7:00 AM

Trump is just talking shit as usual. He also told the CBP Commissioner to do something illegal regarding asylum seekers and said he would pardon him if he went to jail. That man has shit for brains---he should be the one to go to jail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 13, 2019 7:01 AM

using human beings as threats and weapons...... can he get any more disgusting?

the only thing this fat ass considers is what he can spew next to deflect from what he doesn't want people to really focus on.... his crimes and absolute apathy to anything even barely resembling any kind of truth.

he has ruined this country. we will never recover.

by Anonymousreply 128April 13, 2019 8:43 AM

[quote]Relax, sweetie. Life is good. How do you get through a day?

LEARN HOW TO USE THE QUOTE FUNCTION!

YOU MUST BE A MORONIC TRUMPSTER!

HOW DO YOU GET THROUGH DL???

by Anonymousreply 129April 13, 2019 8:51 AM

he is so brain dead he doesn't even realize that no matter where he thinks he can dump people, people can, like, move...you know?

better CAGE FREE......

by Anonymousreply 130April 13, 2019 8:54 AM

I don't understand this at all. The Feds would move migrants to sanctuary cities and then what. Would they be put in camps and held till they had hearings. Or would they'be allowed to live freely. What would keep them in the cities if they didn't warmth to be there. Couldn't the cities then give migrants free bus tickets anywhere they wanted to go.

This is just another stupid Trump empty threat. I guess it's supposed to scare Dems but they are used to living with all kinds of people. It's the deplorable,who shit a brick when they see a brown face.

It's

by Anonymousreply 131April 13, 2019 9:00 AM

So many of you guys are so literal and serious. Minimal flexibility of mind. Fuck, man: don't any of you see how fucking HILARIOUS this is? I'm liberal, but you have to hand it to them: this is amazing trolling. The outrage proves it. 😂

It's fucking *lyrical*. Stephen Miller's a supreme Nazi troll queen. 🤣

It's like sending migrants to Canada. The hypocritical freak-out is hysterical. It's also like seeing NIMBYs suddenly having evicted apartment tenants pitching tents on the sidewalks in front of their houses. Not enough housing, rents got too high, so here I am!

I really hope it happens. I want to see how my neighbors with it when it first starts. Long run, I'm sure it'll be fine and they'll provide an economic boost, but I really want to see the initial freak-outs! 🤪

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 13, 2019 9:08 AM

Dems don't need to "fight back" on this particular issue because immigrants aren't punishment. We as a country absorb immigration just fine. The GOP wants you to think otherwise.

With Trump inciting violence on Twitter again, the GOP outlawing abortion and gearing up to take away gay rights, trafficking immigrant kids and basically laundering money through the government to line their own pockets, we have plenty to fight without saying "oh immigrants are so gross and it's so mean that they would force them on us."

Makes us sound like GOPers.

by Anonymousreply 133April 13, 2019 9:09 AM

So, do liberals support illegal immigration? I'm not sure where my fellow liberals stand on this issue.

by Anonymousreply 134April 13, 2019 9:15 AM

They'll increase class sizes in public schools, for one thing. They're also entitled to most other state public benefits. These would be documented asylum seekers, so they get all the free shit since alienage is a suspect clarification subject to strict scrutiny.

They'll also need affordable housing, and there's already limited housing stock in many cities, since everyone is all about historical preservation and NIMBYism. So rents might be affected.

by Anonymousreply 135April 13, 2019 9:16 AM

R134, technically it's not illegal immigration, because these are people awaiting asylum application hearings that are at least a year away. If they skip their hearing dates and stay in the US, then they're illegal immigrants.

But yeah,, Dems have an immigration policy problem. Basically, they can't come out and say it, but most Dems are almost completely opposed to deporting anyone who's in the country illegally who hasn't committed a crime apart from illegally entering the country (which they want downgraded to a civil infraction as well). It's de facto open borders to all generally law-abiding people.

If you're a Dem who opposes that, don't tell anyone if you don't want to be yelled at for being racist.

by Anonymousreply 136April 13, 2019 9:23 AM

Many migrants could find jobs as farm workers. They would mean a significant number would immediately leave the cities. Others would get jobs as restaurant workers or home attendants all over the US.

These are people who walked for hundreds or thousands of miles. They are probably pretty resourceful at leaving places.

by Anonymousreply 137April 13, 2019 9:23 AM

[quote]No one is rising to your idiotic, rotten to the core bait of lies

YOU are. You must have replied a dozen times to this guy, and then the dipshit at r86 quoted half of what he said, completely undermining the entire point of ignoring ttolls.

Pound for pound, DL has some of the worst trolls, and it's because we have too many people who can't control themselves and just have to give them the attention they want.

Stop. Please, just fucking stop.

by Anonymousreply 138April 13, 2019 9:28 AM

Send them to Hudson Yards. Most of those apartments are empty, they can move right in!

by Anonymousreply 139April 13, 2019 12:06 PM

[quote] Many migrants could find jobs as farm workers. They would mean a significant number would immediately leave the cities. Others would get jobs as restaurant workers or home attendants all over the US.

Many immigrants don't come to the US to be "servants" and "farm workers". They could be that anywhere else. They came to set up their own $$$ small businesses (both legal and illegal ones). I live in London and many immigrants, especially from Africa and the Caribbean, go into the "cell phone and gadget re-sale business" or selling "tourist souvenirs". Immigrants gravitate towards cities and urban areas - because that's where most of the $ is.

by Anonymousreply 140April 13, 2019 12:52 PM

Correct, R140. They also work in areas involving blue collar labor and customer service - fast food, hospitals, nursing homes, hotels, construction, etc.

The idea that they are mostly farm workers or servants is a myth that is dispelled by just being alive and going through daily life.

by Anonymousreply 141April 13, 2019 1:00 PM

[quote] I don't know, but in Britain, migrants thrive best in places that actually welcome them, such as Tower Hamlets in East London

Quite many immigrants who are already living in East London are not too pleased by more immigrants arriving there. Because it means more competition (between existing immigrants and new immigrants) for state-aid apartments (council houses) and primary school places, and longer local health-service waiting queues.

by Anonymousreply 142April 13, 2019 1:03 PM

[quote] What would keep them in the cities if they didn't warmth to be there. Couldn't the cities then give migrants free bus tickets anywhere they wanted to go.

If you place migrants in NYC or California - most would probably not move for a long time. Because those places are most foreigners' dream. Most didn't come to the US to live in North Dakota or Kentucky. They're inspired by Hollywood films about success and wealth - and most of those films pitch specifically NYC and Cali as the ultimate spots for getting rich in the States.

They might move out 10 years later, when they realise how overrated NY and Cali are. But for their first years, I'm sure many will stick around and try to 'make it big', just like in the movies.

by Anonymousreply 143April 13, 2019 1:14 PM

[quote]Immigrants gravitate towards cities and urban areas - because that's where most of the $ is.

They also gravitate toward cities because they won't require a car to get around. Everything they need is a short walk or bus/tube ride away. Thus they won't have to figure out how to get a driver's licence and car insurance which are only supposed to be for those here legally. Plus it's much easier to blend in when you're not the only dark-skinned person in sight. Cities offer you anonymity which is a blessing when you're trying to not stand out.

[quote]Many immigrants don't come to the US to be "servants" and "farm workers". They could be that anywhere else.

So true. The fact that so many think of immigrants (legal or otherwise) as nothing more than modern day slaves or - to politicians - a monolithic voting block to be exploited every election cycle is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 144April 13, 2019 1:49 PM

I get a kick outnof people screaming BUT BUT THE LAW. You all realize that the law governing asylum seekers says they must claim asylum in the first safe country they enter, which would be Mexico?

by Anonymousreply 145April 13, 2019 2:52 PM

R145, that's the law in the EU. The US doesn't recognize Mexico as a safe third country for asylum seekers last I heard. That may have changed in the last year, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 146April 13, 2019 3:21 PM

Americans definitely do not see Mexico as safe.

by Anonymousreply 147April 13, 2019 3:24 PM

Then by all means cite that law, R145. Educate us.

by Anonymousreply 148April 13, 2019 3:24 PM

They don't seek asylum in Mexico because that country doesn't have food stamps, housing vouchers, medicaid, or free schools.

by Anonymousreply 149April 13, 2019 3:26 PM

[quote]So, do liberals support illegal immigration? I'm not sure where my fellow liberals stand on this issue.

LOL... Yeah, right ... your "fellow liberals."

by Anonymousreply 150April 13, 2019 3:26 PM

[quote]I did voter outreach for the Democrats in the last election, including Spanish-speaking voters, and my bet is that the Democratic party is going to get a huge and negative surprise as a result of their stance on immigration.

Evidently, you learned nothing from that so-called "voter outreach," since Republicans ran on immigration in 2018 and got their asses handed to them. The Democratic stance on immigration is shared by a majority of U.S. voters, so I imagine they'll do just fine in 2020, as well.

by Anonymousreply 151April 13, 2019 3:29 PM

R149, I don't know about the rest, but Mexico doesn't need Medicaid. They have universal healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 152April 13, 2019 3:29 PM

[quote]Actually on the surface I'd appear to be an elitist.

Actually, no you don't. On the surface, you appear to be either an utter moron or a sociopathic troll.

by Anonymousreply 153April 13, 2019 3:32 PM

Cry me a river with all these hypocritical liberal tears!

by Anonymousreply 154April 13, 2019 3:34 PM

Hey, and there's one to start refilling my ignore list with.

by Anonymousreply 155April 13, 2019 3:38 PM

Why don’t liberals want these people in their cities?

by Anonymousreply 156April 13, 2019 3:48 PM

R146 and r148 isn't not an EU law. It's international law and the US recognizes both international and federal law regarding asylum.

I don't get why we can't band together with Canada, Mexico and the few safe central and Latin American countries to each take in asylum seekers. If a safe haven, and not benefit shopping, is what is being sought then it shouldn't be a problem.

by Anonymousreply 157April 13, 2019 3:52 PM

I’m okay with this as long as the Blue states no longer have to send their money to the poor Red states. We should be able to pick where our funds go. And if they dump illegals here, then it makes sense our money stays here to help them.

by Anonymousreply 158April 13, 2019 4:06 PM

^ That could lead to a horrible place. Red states could refuse to send their produce and dairy products to the Blue states...

by Anonymousreply 159April 13, 2019 4:09 PM

Civil war cometh

by Anonymousreply 160April 13, 2019 4:13 PM

California supplies 20% of all milk for the US. We’re a big supplier of vegetables and fruits well.

by Anonymousreply 161April 13, 2019 4:13 PM

Chicago lesbian mayor says she will welcome them. Like that city needs more crime

by Anonymousreply 162April 13, 2019 4:14 PM

*as well

by Anonymousreply 163April 13, 2019 4:14 PM

Most Californians do not want mass immigration. They won’t admit it publicly but they have too many people already.

by Anonymousreply 164April 13, 2019 4:15 PM

R158, one thing the SALT deduction cap highlighted is blue states were as big of takers just in a different form. Now states like NY can no longer deduct the high state and local taxes from their federal return. And, NYC has one if the highest tax rates in the country and the shittest infrastructure.

by Anonymousreply 165April 13, 2019 4:16 PM

Sanctuary cities and states must come to an end. Why should criminals not be reported to ICE?

by Anonymousreply 166April 13, 2019 4:18 PM

Send them to NYC, Chicago, San Fran , West LA and Vermont

by Anonymousreply 167April 13, 2019 4:18 PM

I made the calls to voters, LOL/Cupcake Troll @ R151 so I would know what they said.

Beyond that, the Democrats are doing the GOP's work for them. The GOP want us all living like peasants; access to unlimited cheap labor will do just that. And then when automation comes, the white-collar Progressives will be fighting for scraps too.

Why don't the Democrats demand that we help improve conditions in Latin America so that there will be less incentive for Latin Americans to emigrate? Oh, right, it's because they're in on it.

by Anonymousreply 168April 13, 2019 4:19 PM

The desire for a Civil War is something both Putin and Trump and their supporters share.

by Anonymousreply 169April 13, 2019 4:21 PM

A radical Federal Judge ruled that they can't be forced to wait in Mexico. So this is the most logical solution. Supporters of sanctuary cities insist that illegals and false asylum seekers are superior to Americans. They should be embracing this with open arms.

by Anonymousreply 170April 13, 2019 4:21 PM

R157, that's not international law.

[quote] Do refugees have to stay in the first safe country they reach?

[quote] Incorrect. The UN Refugee Convention does not make this requirement of refugees

by Anonymousreply 171April 13, 2019 4:22 PM

R169, and which side has the weapons?

by Anonymousreply 172April 13, 2019 4:22 PM

So can we dump all the neo-Nazi flyover white boys and sister-fucking klan hillbillies in trump’s penthouse in trump tower?

by Anonymousreply 173April 13, 2019 4:24 PM

R173, immigrants from Latino and especially Muslim countries do not like gays. I can’t wait for their entrance to Chicago and San Francisco

by Anonymousreply 174April 13, 2019 4:26 PM

R172 is itching to murder. You can smell his lust for blood.

by Anonymousreply 175April 13, 2019 4:27 PM

R132 gets it. This is Dump trolling the Dems in an effort to point out their perceived limousine liberal hypocrisy— which his supporters get and are cheering on.

by Anonymousreply 176April 13, 2019 4:28 PM

Those suburban housewives and Southern Evangelicals are not going to slaughter people to appease Trump’s blood lust.

by Anonymousreply 177April 13, 2019 4:29 PM

[quote]Those suburban housewives are not going to slaughter people to appease Trump’s blood lust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178April 13, 2019 4:32 PM

West Hollywood has a serious homelessness problem.

by Anonymousreply 179April 13, 2019 4:34 PM

Dl keeps crashing

by Anonymousreply 180April 13, 2019 4:56 PM

[quote] So true. The fact that so many think of immigrants (legal or otherwise) as nothing more than modern day slaves or - to politicians - a monolithic voting block to be exploited every election cycle is disgusting.

So you're admitting that they are in competition for jobs that Americans want, not just those that Americans don't want to do. And yes, housing prices in the cities are ridiculously high as it is.

[quote] So, do liberals support illegal immigration? I'm not sure where my fellow liberals stand on this issue.

It can be summed up as, "diversity for thee, but not for me".

by Anonymousreply 181April 13, 2019 5:40 PM

Libs are perplexed.

by Anonymousreply 182April 13, 2019 5:43 PM

Good lord just block the trolls. I can’t see the shit some of you are responding to.

by Anonymousreply 183April 13, 2019 5:51 PM

Eat a Muslim dick r183

by Anonymousreply 184April 13, 2019 5:53 PM

Dicktard Dump doles out more punishments for blue states:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185April 13, 2019 6:42 PM

I don't get this "Block the trolls" mentality. They don't go away just because you want them to.

This attitude of "don't engage with anyone who disagrees with me" got us to where we are: Fucking Fatso, an obviously deranged Mini-Mussolini, is the president of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 186April 13, 2019 6:51 PM

I say let him. He won't of course. But this will be a chance for American cities show what humanity looks like. Dems can push for Fed $$. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 187April 13, 2019 6:51 PM

You do know that the people who pay the most for your type of pontificating are the poorest, R187?

When cities have to take on low-income and no-income people, who don't speak the language, and whose skills are mostly manual labor, the most amount of stress for jobs, for housing, for schooling, including ESL schooling, descends on those barely hanging on themselves, including the last wave of immigrants.

It's fine for someone who is middle-class and upper to say, "bring it on" in terms of R187's "show what humanity looks like" but will those same people pay the price? Will it be their housing, their schools, their jobs impacted? Or will it be others who pay the price, others who are just one step above being a new immigrant themselves?

by Anonymousreply 188April 13, 2019 8:17 PM

[quote]I don't get this "Block the trolls" mentality. They don't go away just because you want them to.

They troll to hijack the conversation. So if you block them they aren’t able to do so.

Also my understanding is that the more they are blocked and ffed, the more likely they are to get red tagged.

by Anonymousreply 189April 13, 2019 9:10 PM

[quote] ^ That could lead to a horrible place. Red states could refuse to send their produce and dairy products to the Blue states...

California has the Central valley, the largest agricultural area of the USA. We have a lot of produce, also we get a lot of produce from Mexico, especially Baja Mexico so Red states lose.

Anyway, if they dump people in the sanctuary cities, what makes anyone think these people won't move elsewhere? Like to where the Trump lovers live?

by Anonymousreply 190April 13, 2019 9:12 PM

What r188 said.

by Anonymousreply 191April 13, 2019 9:15 PM

R190 If their asylum claims were valid, they would stay where they were left so they could get their cases heard in court. The only reason they would leave is if their asylum claims were frauds. But they would do that because they are superior to American citizens, according to the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 192April 14, 2019 1:46 AM

Have you SEEN how many fucking homeless people are in LA and the SF Bar Area lately? WTF with hordes of migrants showing up who have no job skills? Jesus Christ, just because they're brown doesn't make you a racist if you don't want them to set up camp in your city. Shit is already way too real right now.

by Anonymousreply 193April 14, 2019 2:58 AM

R193 is a tech gay bro nimby. Ship all illegals to LA and SF!

by Anonymousreply 194April 14, 2019 3:00 AM

Hey, at least it's not like in the UK where buses full of "refugees" get dumped on a small village overnight, twice the number of the village's population the day before. No chance of assimilation there when the locals wake up and find themselves outnumbered two to one.

by Anonymousreply 195April 14, 2019 3:01 AM

STFU r194. When you're stepping over human shit and getting chased down the street by insane bums, you'll get sick of it real fast.

by Anonymousreply 196April 14, 2019 3:03 AM

So he's throwing in the towel again? Too incompetent to solve the problem, so he'll just dump on the Democrats. If that's what he wants, fine. Get the fuck out of the way, and let them solve them problem.

by Anonymousreply 197April 14, 2019 3:04 AM

Democrats have done nothing. People are PISSED.

by Anonymousreply 198April 14, 2019 3:06 AM

Trump teeeted in last hour that he is sending illegals to California.

by Anonymousreply 199April 14, 2019 3:15 AM

I hope Trump does send them to California. The border towns are overwhelmed trying to cake care of these benefit-seekers.

by Anonymousreply 200April 14, 2019 3:16 AM

That's a lie, R198. The Obama administration deported millions of undocumented immigrants. In fact, deportation numbers during the Obama years were consistently higher than have been under Trump. What more are Democrats supposed to do?

by Anonymousreply 201April 14, 2019 3:17 AM

They weren't high enough r201. "Deported more" lol. It still didn't make a dent.

by Anonymousreply 202April 14, 2019 3:17 AM

LA Times responds to that. Transporting them would be a huge financial cost. It also shows Trump to be mean-spirited and using them as political pawns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203April 14, 2019 3:22 AM

Both parties use immigrants as “political pawns”.

by Anonymousreply 204April 14, 2019 3:27 AM

Housing and feeding these Asylum claimers where they are is a huge financial cost. The border communities they are turned loose on are overwhelmed and don't have the resources for to take care of them. Radical Federal judges are ordering them to be released after 20 hours and banning the "Wait in Mexico" policy. We can't keep doing what we're doing now.

by Anonymousreply 205April 14, 2019 3:29 AM

But r205 if you object you're RACIST!

by Anonymousreply 206April 14, 2019 3:59 AM

Same problem in Italy. The "we welcome migrants" thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207April 14, 2019 5:55 AM

He's going to do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 14, 2019 5:57 AM

It's superb tactics. A kick in the face to the smug leftist entitled who, unlike the poor and lower middle class, don't have to live with the consequences of their actions. This reminds me of the Swedish group who broadcast the muslim call to prayer at dawn in the upmarket suburb of Stockholm where the politicians lived.

by Anonymousreply 209April 14, 2019 6:16 AM

The hysteria over this reminds me of George Clooney who for years sat in his beloved 30 room villa in Lake Como and lectured the world at large to take in refugees until said refugees started to flood Lake Como at which point George quickly sold up and got the fuck out of the country. So many NIMBYs so little time...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210April 14, 2019 12:20 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211April 14, 2019 12:21 PM

I didn't know Clooney sold his Lake Como villa.

by Anonymousreply 212April 14, 2019 12:24 PM

R209, we already have a lot of people here in California. We also have a homeless problem, some of the Red States send their homeless here too. Is this your solution? To use these people as political pawns to punish others that don't agree with you?

What is with all these people here wanting to punish the Blue States by dumping a bunch of illegals on us? This cost more than building his precious wall. Is he going to use the Army to bus these people and assist them to where they're being dumped? That's another useless cost for the Army.

This man is such a hateful prick. He wants to punish anyone who disagrees with him, like he has tried to abolish ObamaCare simply because he hates the man. And Trump also wants to separate the families once again and put the children in cages. How inhumane is this man and the people who support him are going to get? I feel we're nearer to Nazi Germany..... but then you know they lost the war, right? It will all come back to Trump and those who support this idiotic idea. You guys have no soul.

by Anonymousreply 213April 14, 2019 12:31 PM

R213 Trump is just giving you want you claim you welcome. What's the problem? Why call your cities sanctuary cities and brag about them being such if they're not going to be actual sanctuary cities? That's what they're there for, right? Unless, like George Clooney, you really don't give a flying fuck about migrants and the poor etc but just pretend you do as a way to accuse the opposition party as being "racist" or whatever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214April 14, 2019 12:49 PM

What are the Democrats waiting on? Christmas? Our democracy in this country is at stake.

by Anonymousreply 215April 14, 2019 12:52 PM

R215 Our democracy was at stake the moment the left decided to not accept the voting results in 2016 and attempted to remove a sitting president. Hillary agrees with me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216April 14, 2019 1:17 PM

R41.. You are so right. It's a tribal cult with no sense of thought and logic. It's all about US vs THEM (liberals). trump has fostered that sleeping sickness.

by Anonymousreply 217April 14, 2019 1:24 PM

I think it’s a brilliant idea. Practice what you preach - sanctuary cities should take them all.

by Anonymousreply 218April 14, 2019 1:25 PM

The projection is strong with R217. But you know what they say about the left. They always accuse others of what they themselves are guilty of. Examples are all over this site. Pick a thread. Any thread...

by Anonymousreply 219April 14, 2019 1:27 PM

[quote] Why call your cities sanctuary cities and brag about them being such if they're not going to be actual sanctuary cities?

Sanctuary cities, they're mostly to protect the people that are already there, they're not to be the dumping ground of thousands of illegals.

Trump is talking shit to rile up people like you that have shits for brains.

by Anonymousreply 220April 14, 2019 1:51 PM

[quote] Don't you just love how the sole purpose of the right wing these days is to "stick it to the libs?" The hell with actually governing, coming up with a coherent policy, executing on a rational strategy, hiring competent people. Nope, as long as it pisses off the libs, it's full speed ahead. And if it does piss off the libs, then mission accomplished, even if they managed to completely fuck themselves over or it's blatantly illegal.

Exactly, describes R214 and the rest of them siding with Trump ---no logic.

by Anonymousreply 221April 14, 2019 1:55 PM

So what? Has he lost his mind? He has to realize that we all know he is the architect of such a bankrupt, inhumane policy. Does he really believe those voters will blame the Dems? He really has lost his mind hasn't he.

R214, the terrible part is that so many people in this country are suffering because of this. Real people with real lives and families are struggling and being harmed. He has no interest or concern or even awareness how what he does or says affects people in a very personal way.

by Anonymousreply 222April 14, 2019 2:19 PM

I wish I had a hundred f/fs. I'd use most of them on R216, and the rest on the other right-wing bigots and liars.

by Anonymousreply 223April 14, 2019 3:37 PM

A true liberal would welcome this! Those poor brown people:(

by Anonymousreply 224April 14, 2019 4:28 PM

R223 I just repeated what your god Hillary said. Too bad the one who wasn't accepting the results wasn't Trump and his supporters but her and her supporters. As I said, it's always projection with the left. In this case claiming Trump and his supporters would do the exact same thing she actually went on to do for coming on three years now. And where did that get you? Trump is still president, Russian collusion was proven to be a big fraud, and none of these lame candidates you have lined up stands a chance to defeat him next year. Enjoy a second term of Trump, losers. As Obama once said, "We won. Get over it!" Indeed.

by Anonymousreply 225April 14, 2019 4:48 PM

Dumping unscreened refugees is going to backfire. This is the guy who is yelling and screaming every time an illegal commits a crime, that every single illegal is a monster that’s going to be serial-killing his way through America. He says Mexico deliberately sends us criminals to get rid of them.

So he sends some unscreened refugees to SF and they start killing people. I guess his followers say, good, I hate liberals, I hope they kill the whole city. But for the non-followers, watching a weeping mom on tv saying, Trump, why did you kill my baby, is not going to play well.

by Anonymousreply 226April 14, 2019 5:05 PM

Let us know when you come back from your break in reality, R225.

by Anonymousreply 227April 14, 2019 5:06 PM

LA and San Francisco can’t handle any more poor people!

by Anonymousreply 228April 14, 2019 5:15 PM

R227 Trump isn't president, R227? What reality are YOU in?

by Anonymousreply 229April 14, 2019 5:22 PM

Anybody who sends penniless refugees to the most expensive cities in the U.S. is asking for trouble. Americans can’t afford to live there. I moved out of SF because I couldn’t afford to live there, and I had a job and apartment and spoke English already. It’s unaffordable.

by Anonymousreply 230April 14, 2019 5:29 PM

R230 It's affordable when you get everything handed to you like these piece of shit do. It's the working poor in this country who get priced out of districts.

by Anonymousreply 231April 14, 2019 5:41 PM

He's just passing the buck to Democratic leadership who are too virtuous to acknowledge the problem, let alone come up with a solution.

by Anonymousreply 232April 14, 2019 7:19 PM

Stephanopolous pointed that out today during an interview, r232.

by Anonymousreply 233April 14, 2019 7:22 PM

Why are American leftists upset about this? They want more illegal aliens and false asylum claimers. Most Democrats claim that they are superior to American citizens, That's the purpose of Sanctuary Cities. So The President is putting that into practice. You want diversity, then I'll give you diversity. Trump is saying.

Why aren't the Democrats praising Trump? He's giving them what they want.

by Anonymousreply 234April 14, 2019 9:26 PM

I identify as an economic liberal but everyday I find myself becoming more culturally conservative.

by Anonymousreply 235April 14, 2019 9:40 PM

I never thought I'd say that as a gay person, but the left has become too radical for me with their queer identities, open borders, metoo, and calls for censorship.

by Anonymousreply 236April 14, 2019 9:45 PM

I'm not sure why Trump supporters are high fiving each other and laughing at liberals.

Trump ran for president on keeping the illegals OUT.

It seems the radical left wins if Trump lets the illegals in AND buses them straight to sanctuary cities.

by Anonymousreply 237April 14, 2019 9:48 PM

Man, my ignore list is just filling right back up with all these racist fake-Democrat trolls.

by Anonymousreply 238April 15, 2019 12:08 AM

HA ha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239April 15, 2019 12:28 AM

Cher! Wow! That was unexpected.

by Anonymousreply 240April 15, 2019 12:29 AM

scratch the surface of any far left prog and it won't take long to find a racist. If you're a woman and near a male, leftist, feminist you better have your rape whistle with you.

by Anonymousreply 241April 15, 2019 12:35 AM

Cher has a point. There are ~65K homeless in NYC -- a city with infrastructure crumbling to the point the state is putting in a congestion tax to pay for a broken subway system.

by Anonymousreply 242April 15, 2019 12:38 AM

Los Angeles has a profound homeless problem.

by Anonymousreply 243April 15, 2019 12:39 AM

And a development that 99% of the population can't afford got $6 billion in tax breaks, r242! Ain't America great?

by Anonymousreply 244April 15, 2019 12:43 AM

R237, that’s right: he plans to bus them straight into the US with no screening, and then they will be free to go wherever they want. He is the ultimate Open Borders president.

by Anonymousreply 245April 15, 2019 12:45 AM

The democrats better get aligned with the majority on immigration.

by Anonymousreply 246April 15, 2019 12:45 AM

I hear they're going to be bused directly into your neighborhood, Cher. Congrats, you won, and you're getting what you wanted! Next stop, Streisand and Rosie!

by Anonymousreply 247April 15, 2019 1:16 AM

People like Trump's and the idiot above ^^ are just saying things to rile people up. It's all bullshit because he can't go above the law, the courts would rule against him.

by Anonymousreply 248April 15, 2019 1:27 AM

Sanctuary cities are against the law.

by Anonymousreply 249April 15, 2019 3:58 AM

R249 So is illegal immigration.

by Anonymousreply 250April 15, 2019 4:45 AM

The vast majority of asylum claims are fake. Asylum laws di require one to claim asylum in the first safe country they make it to, but of course, fake asylums seek out the richest country they can get to (see Germany and Sweden vs. Croatia or Greece).

by Anonymousreply 251April 15, 2019 4:55 AM

The Dems should to tit for tat. Build low income housing in the richest Republican neighborhoods, then relocate unemployed gun toting meth addicted deplorables to stay there for free. Well see how much they support gun rights then.

by Anonymousreply 252April 15, 2019 4:56 AM

R252 There is no such thing as low income housing in the richest neighborhoods. In LA, even shit houses command sky high prices. Perhaps we should support more infrastructure and housing development in less populated areas since we don't have enough space.

by Anonymousreply 253April 15, 2019 5:02 AM

There is no such thing as low income housing in major cities. There is only subsidized and non subsidized housing.

by Anonymousreply 254April 15, 2019 5:05 AM

Low income housing in NY is a relative term. Builders putting up luxury apartments are given a tax credit for adding low income housing, "low income" in these cases is the average income for the neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 255April 15, 2019 5:13 AM

Open border hypocrisy, metoo hysteria, queer identities that bully gays , censorship that is just as puritan as those coming from religious fanatics, how the fuck did we get here?

by Anonymousreply 256April 15, 2019 5:15 AM

R256, scary huh?

by Anonymousreply 257April 15, 2019 5:25 AM

[quote]There is no such thing as low income housing in the richest neighborhoods

Yes, I know that is the whole point. I dont mean affordable housing, I mean half way house type housing. Or section 8 housing which is generally really shitty because the amount the government pays is far below average.

by Anonymousreply 258April 15, 2019 5:26 AM

[quote] R134: So, do liberals support illegal immigration? I'm not sure where my fellow liberals stand on this issue.

They do not. Nancy wanted money in the last budget for “safe, secure borders” and “border security”, but Trump rejected it because it wasn’t a useless wall.

Also note: Dems support treating asylum seekers they way they are supposed to be treated as we agreed in international treaties.

Dems support some compassion and pragmatism in handling illegals who were brought here as children and know no other culture, country, language. (Dreamers)

by Anonymousreply 259April 15, 2019 5:45 AM

[quote] R136: Dems are almost completely opposed to deporting anyone who's in the country illegally ...

And yet Obama deported more than any President up to his term. Dems have a perception problem, but they are actually tougher than any Republican President to that date.

by Anonymousreply 260April 15, 2019 5:55 AM

[quote] R145: I get a kick outnof people screaming BUT BUT THE LAW.

That’s my Deplorable brother in law, who hasn’t filed an honest tax return in his life.

by Anonymousreply 261April 15, 2019 5:59 AM

[quote] R209: It's superb tactics. A kick in the face to the smug leftist entitled who, unlike the poor and lower middle class, don't have to live with the consequences of their actions.

I’m in a sanctuary city and we’ve been living with the consequences of that designation, and quite well, for years. R209, you’re just too stupid for words.

by Anonymousreply 262April 15, 2019 6:09 AM

Asylum seekers aren’t the same as chronically homeless people.

by Anonymousreply 263April 15, 2019 6:13 AM

[quote] R225: I just repeated what your god Hillary said...

That’s where I stopped reading.

by Anonymousreply 264April 15, 2019 6:15 AM

[quote] R244: And a development that 99% of the population can't afford got $6 billion in tax breaks, [R242]! Ain't America great?

Exactly. To those who say something like “take care of our own first”, we’re never going to do that, because no one wants to. They like saying it, but they won’t ever do it, if only to use “our own” as an excuse not to let immigrants in.

And don’t forget 4% unemployment.

by Anonymousreply 265April 15, 2019 6:20 AM

[quote] Dems support some compassion and pragmatism in handling illegals who were brought here as children and know no other culture, country, language. (Dreamers)

A deal was attempted but Dems refused to budge, saying that Trump was using dreamers as pawns. If they won't make a deal for amnesty, what makes you think they will compromise on anything?

[quote] Exactly. To those who say something like “take care of our own first”, we’re never going to do that, because no one wants to.

Doing nothing is not as bad as making the situation worse and even more untenable.

[quote] I’m in a sanctuary city and we’ve been living with the consequences of that designation, and quite well, for years.

I can assure you that you're becoming the minority. Younger people won't be so lucky as you.

by Anonymousreply 266April 15, 2019 6:31 AM

Cher is one dumb cunt. I'm sure she'll try and blame Madonna for all this cause that is how fucking retarded she truly is.

Bitch thought Mount Rushmore was a natural wonder.

by Anonymousreply 267April 15, 2019 7:23 AM

[quote] A deal was attempted but Dems refused to budge, saying that Trump was using dreamers as pawns. If they won't make a deal for amnesty, what makes you think they will compromise on anything?

What deal? The Orange asshole was ready to sign the Budget but changed his mind because of Ann Coulter and HE was the one who refused to budge on the wall, creating government shutdown. Totally irresponsible, totally insane and dangerous governing.. Your Fuehrer never negotiates, he only orders.

by Anonymousreply 268April 15, 2019 7:49 AM

What the Tea Party (or whatever they call themselves these days) did in taking over the Republican Party.... the Woke movement is now doing to the Democratic Party. Two extremes without reason.

by Anonymousreply 269April 15, 2019 12:50 PM

*Democrat Party ^^

by Anonymousreply 270April 15, 2019 12:50 PM

"Both parties are the same!!!"

-- R269, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 271April 15, 2019 12:54 PM

You guys mean fake asylum seekers.

by Anonymousreply 272April 15, 2019 1:28 PM

NYT: Trump has revived an idea that his administration rejected — sending immigrant detainees to so-called sanctuary cities — in part, people close to him said, to distract from the Mueller report.

by Anonymousreply 273April 15, 2019 1:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274April 15, 2019 2:31 PM

R271, but parties aren't they same. They both suck for completely different reasons. All or nothing politics is killing this country.

by Anonymousreply 275April 15, 2019 3:25 PM

How very both sides of you, r275.....

by Anonymousreply 276April 15, 2019 3:38 PM

It's really funny to see 'liberals' screaming like stuck pigs when Trump actually delivers what they've chastised him for not doing. You wanted immigrants? You got 'em. Right in your back yard sweeties! So now their narrative is -- this is 'hurting American workers'. So what: you didn't want the immigrants after all? It was all just virtue signaling, and you actually DO want the fucking wall? Just as long as a Dem president doesn't build it! Talk about hip - hip - hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 277April 15, 2019 3:44 PM

R277, I'm with you. The whole "he's using people like pawns" outrage is bullshit: everyone uses people like pawns. They're pissed because it's made them anxious, and because it's pretty clever.

by Anonymousreply 278April 15, 2019 3:52 PM

Absa-fucking-lutely, r276. I'm sick and tired of nothing getting done because BOTH SIDES won't give an inch because "the other side will win". In the meantime, I'm paying more for health care and I'm going to get hit with a congestion tax to fix infrastructure and I could go on So, yeah, both sides need to get their shit together.

by Anonymousreply 279April 15, 2019 3:56 PM

Radical left? Yeah right. Trump is a radical White Supremacist, he needs to be in prison.

by Anonymousreply 280April 15, 2019 3:57 PM

See the rather infamous case of the Russian immigrants who figured out the system and were living in a nice place in the heart of San Francisco, all on the government's dime. No disability even. It happens.

I have a friend who gets Disability and uses it to replace the tiles in his swimming pool. Seriously. California, of course.

by Anonymousreply 281April 15, 2019 3:58 PM

[quote]I have a friend who gets Disability and uses it to replace the tiles in his swimming pool.

A new policy proposal by the Trump administration calls for the surveillance of disabled people’s social media profiles to determine the necessity of their disability benefits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282April 15, 2019 3:59 PM

I would like to push a meat pie into fucking Sarah Sander's face. I would love to see that happen.

by Anonymousreply 283April 15, 2019 4:00 PM

Interesting, R282, because my friend with the Disability pool tiles happily bragged about it (complete with photos) on Facebook. Said he was giving back to the economy. I was aghast.

by Anonymousreply 284April 15, 2019 4:12 PM

I was, very recently, in a sanctuary city, one that I had lived in for years. It felt like I was in a Developing World country, and I have been to many countries in the Developing World.

So many people, so much trash, bumper-to-bumper traffic, old clunkers, homeless villages made out of plastic tarps and trash bags on the side of the freeway. I could have been in Mumbai.

And the vacancy rate in this city is about 2%, with sky-high rents even in the most dangerous areas, so where do poor Americans go? It does breed resentment among the people who have to deal with immigration the most, the American poor and working-class, which is why, completely against their own interests, they go for President Bozo.

Neither party has our back: the GOP rail about immigration for their base, but secretly love the endless supply of cheap labor. The Democrats have this mistaken belief that immigrants are going to be their coming voter base, but many immigrants are socially conservative and are opposed to high taxes, so they are ripe to fall for the Reagan welfare mother meme.

I agree with others on here that many Progressives I know are fed up too, even though they don't feel the effects as much as the working poor, but are too scared to say something because "Racist."

by Anonymousreply 285April 15, 2019 5:10 PM

My only worry is that Trump is such an asshole, he won't have them spread evenly around the major cities, he pick which Democrat he hates the most and dump a 100,000 of them on one city all at once.

by Anonymousreply 286April 15, 2019 6:34 PM

R286

Didn't Trump already tell Pelosi she was getting a immigrant dump?

by Anonymousreply 287April 15, 2019 6:58 PM

I can't wait until the freak off starts and someone tries to beat her with a watermelon.

by Anonymousreply 288April 15, 2019 7:24 PM

sorry . wrong thread. I meant that for the thread with the lady shoving a pineapple into her lady Tupperware.

by Anonymousreply 289April 15, 2019 7:34 PM

I don't even want to know.

by Anonymousreply 290April 15, 2019 8:22 PM

It still floors me that the Democrat Party isn't on board. If the Democrats had their way, there would be instant amnesty, welfare eligibility, and voting rights for at least 20 millions foreigners. But when Trump offers to do illegal alien dumps into Democrat Sanctuary Cities, they have a huge hissy fit.

It's funny to see the Democrats freaking out over having to live around the very people they say are superior to American citizens. They want diversity, but not in their neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 291April 16, 2019 2:07 AM

R291, you're a lying sack of shit.

by Anonymousreply 292April 16, 2019 2:19 AM

R292 Your command of logic and the facts is impressive/s

by Anonymousreply 293April 16, 2019 2:21 AM

You don't combat liars with logic.

by Anonymousreply 294April 16, 2019 2:26 AM

[quote]"Both parties are the same!!!"

No they are not. Stop with the false equivalency. You dipshit Bernie Bro.

by Anonymousreply 295April 16, 2019 2:35 AM

[quote]My only worry is that Trump is such an asshole, he won't have them spread evenly around the major cities, he pick which Democrat he hates the most and dump a 100,000 of them on one city all at once.

Easy fix, 100,000 bus tickets to outside of Trump Tower and DC.

by Anonymousreply 296April 16, 2019 2:36 AM

R295, I was mocking R269 when I said that. Both parties are definitely not the same.

by Anonymousreply 297April 16, 2019 2:50 AM

I say bus them to Nancy Pelosi, Elizabeth Warren, Hillary Clinton, Jerrold Naddler, and Adam Schiff's neighborhoods. Let them pay for the livelihoods of these people and force them to endure the crime wave, litter, and constant noise.

by Anonymousreply 298April 16, 2019 2:51 AM

r291 is a freeper. Tell tale sign -- the Democrat party said over and over again. For some reason, he can't type 'the Democratic party.'

by Anonymousreply 299April 16, 2019 2:57 AM

Its crass, but it's also poetic justice. Why should places like San Francisco preach that illegal immigrants should be admitted freely, without dealing with the consequences? Of course, as in the murder of Kate Steinle, they'll brush it under the rug, as they do with all the consequences of their other failed policies.

by Anonymousreply 300April 16, 2019 3:00 AM

R86 That's because there are a lot of gays out there who support the President. Many are forced into the political closet by the elitists who claim to speak for the gay community. They can't even wear their MAGA hats in public. Whatever happened to letting people be who they are?

by Anonymousreply 301April 16, 2019 3:07 AM

R301 The thought police have your IP and are coming for you right now. I suggest you run.

by Anonymousreply 302April 16, 2019 3:14 AM

It's too late for R301. I just got an alert. A team has been dispatched.

by Anonymousreply 303April 16, 2019 3:37 AM

There are a huge number of sanctuary cities and counties, plus eight states.

Trump can’t legally do what he plans, but if he divided up the immigrants, [italic] without dividing families, [/italic] and spread them in sanctuary areas, I think they’d be fine with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304April 16, 2019 4:28 AM

[quote]Its crass, but it's also poetic justice. Why should places like San Francisco preach that illegal immigrants should be admitted freely, without dealing with the consequences?

Why should states like Alabama or other flyovers get all that government money paid mostly by California? They are all in the red, sucking up welfare cash more than their state puts out. If you want to be just as poetic, cut them off from California's tit and let them live off what their own state generates. Which clearly is insufficient for all the low life Deplorables milking the system.

by Anonymousreply 305April 16, 2019 4:37 AM

[quote] R266: A deal was attempted but Dems refused to budge, saying that Trump was using dreamers as pawns. If they won't make a deal for amnesty, what makes you think they will compromise on anything?

Actually, Trump was too unstable to make a deal. The Dems initially offered Trump some money for his ineffectual wall in a bill to also help Dreamers, and Trump accepted, no rejected, no accepted, no....

by Anonymousreply 306April 16, 2019 4:39 AM

R306 is correct. Trump had a deal from the Dems for Billions of dollars the first time and he turned it down. Now he got an offer of 1 dollar. HA,HA what a LOSER!

Trump couldn't negotiate himself out of a paper box.

by Anonymousreply 307April 16, 2019 4:44 AM

[quote] R277: It's really funny to see 'liberals' screaming like stuck pigs when Trump actually delivers what they've chastised him for not doing. You wanted immigrants? You got 'em. ...-hypocrisy.

R278 agrees with himself at R277. How wonderful for him.

R277, are you incapable of understanding nuance? I ask seriously. Because you’ve misunderstood libs. Libs have never lobbied for all immigrants to go to three cities, which I understand is Trump s Plan. I don’t think libs would have any problem with these immigrants being spread among all “sanctuary cities”, except that it is illegal.

Do you understand now? It’s really not that complicated. If your IQ is over 90, you should be able to grasp this.

by Anonymousreply 308April 16, 2019 4:49 AM

[quote] R291: It still floors me that the Democrat Party isn't on board. If the Democrats had their way, there would be instant amnesty, welfare eligibility, and voting rights for at least 20 millions foreigners. But when Trump offers to do illegal alien dumps into Democrat Sanctuary Cities, they have a huge hissy fit.

Please ff this liar. Nobody could be this stupid.

by Anonymousreply 309April 16, 2019 4:54 AM

I'm a native of California.

My family came here from Ohio between 1905 and 1919. In those years the population was less than 2 million.

When I was born in 1950 the population was 10.5 million

When I graduated from college in 1972 the population was 20 million.

Now the state population is about 40 million.

During those years the population increased for many reasons: People have come here from all around the US People legally immigrate to CA from almost every country on earth Illegal immigrants come here around the world, most are Asian or Hispanic For the most part we are an inclusive population that embraces diversity and respects human rights

We have the world's 5th largest economy and have absorbed immigrants from around the globe, legal and illegal, into our communities and we've contributed incredible innovation to technology and culture.

trump is an idiot. He wants to dump immigrants to punish the left. So, dump them here, trump. They'll find a way to survive. And as someone said recently, states, cities and towns do not have walls. You'll just make it easier for them to stay in the US because once you've dumped them somewhere they can go where they want (even DC) and it will be difficult to deport them.

And it's true, illegals commit less crime. They want to stay under the radar while they work hard and catch up. My nephew in law enforcement says he mainly arrests legal white people who are doing stupid things on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 310April 16, 2019 4:59 AM

[quote] Definition of fascism: political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

They forgot exaggerated militarism.

This is Trump‘s Party. It’s a fascist party.

The Left isn’t comparable. Nancy and Chuck are nothing like this. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

by Anonymousreply 311April 16, 2019 4:59 AM

[quote] R300 Why should places like San Francisco preach that illegal immigrants should be admitted freely, ...

LIAR! Nobody on the left advocates this.

by Anonymousreply 312April 16, 2019 5:02 AM

To those who support Trump's plan to dump them in the Sanctuary cities, I doubt immigrants want to live in San Francisco or these cities which have a high cost of living. They can easily move to someplace where it is cheaper to live.

So to all those who want to dump them in the Sanctuary cities, fine. But now they are free to move around the country and we can give them free bus tickets to where you live.

by Anonymousreply 313April 16, 2019 5:07 AM

[quote] R307: [R306] is correct. Trump had a deal from the Dems for Billions of dollars the first time and he turned it down. Now he got an offer of 1 dollar. HA,HA what a LOSER.

Nancy offers a dollar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314April 16, 2019 5:11 AM

Just another Trump plan always done half assed without forethought or insight. Remember the Muslim Ban? They literally forgot to think about what to do with people that had legal working visas and people on the plain mid air. They forgot to even tell security and local authorities what they wanted them to do. What a mess that was. Now he has another brilliant idea?

by Anonymousreply 315April 16, 2019 5:14 AM

This business where Trump has declared war on Americans is the strangest thing going. He related a tax increase that hit people in CA, NY, MA, CT, NJ, etc.

Now he’s trying to use immigrants to hurt liberals in those states, who refuse to be hurt by the proposal, while being repulsed by the illegality and spitefulness behind it.

Obama and the Clintons were President (or candidate) for all Americans.

This alone shows Trump’s lack of fitness for, well, adulthood, and the Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 316April 16, 2019 5:18 AM

[quote] R318: Just another Trump plan always done half assed without forethought or insight. Remember the Muslim Ban?

Let’s not forget how that started. Trump initially planned a 90-day Muslim ban while they figured out “what the hell is going on”. He was supposed to order some intelligence work during the 90-day period. The ban took more than 90 days to implement. That means his research should have been completed. The ban no longer had a purpose, unless his research results could justify a longer ban. But Trump never actually ordered that research be conducted. It was all fascist bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 317April 16, 2019 5:25 AM

Trump will go down in history as the President who declared war on his own citizens. No schools will bear his name.

by Anonymousreply 318April 16, 2019 5:28 AM

His name will be Mudd.

by Anonymousreply 319April 16, 2019 5:30 AM

Ooh, interesting. From Wiki:

Samuel Mudd is sometimes mistakenly given as the origin of the phrase "your name is mud", however this phrase has its earliest known recorded instance in 1823, 10 years before his birth and is in fact based an obsolete sense of the word 'mud' meaning 'a stupid twaddling fellow'.

Yes, indeedy, trump is a stupid twaddling fellow.

by Anonymousreply 320April 16, 2019 5:31 AM

Whatever. Fine. Good. Welcome.

by Anonymousreply 321April 16, 2019 5:36 AM

[quote] Trump will go down in history as the President who declared war on his own citizens.

Very true and vey sad. This is the meme that needs to be repeated again and again. We cannot stand another 6 years of this.

by Anonymousreply 322April 16, 2019 5:37 AM

this asshole needs a frontal lobotomy because thanks to him we all have a bottle in front of us

by Anonymousreply 323April 16, 2019 6:24 AM

[quote]Trump will go down in history as the President who declared war on his own citizens.

That was Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 324April 16, 2019 6:28 AM

Trump. Reagan. GOP. All have declared war on the citizens of their own country.

by Anonymousreply 325April 16, 2019 7:22 AM

Trump will go down in history as the President who declared war on his own citizens. No schools will bear his name.

—Anonymous

reply 318

Illegal aliens aren't "our own citizens" and "Sanctuary City" is an euphemism for harboring fugitives from the law.

I'm all for providing assistance to our own citizens who are poor, or disabled, or served their time in prison and need a hand re-integrating into society, but the Democrats are off the rails wrong about this issue and giving men in dresses access to female spaces.

by Anonymousreply 326April 16, 2019 3:07 PM

R318 wasn't referring to illegal aliens, he was referring to US citizens, just like he said.

by Anonymousreply 327April 16, 2019 3:15 PM

R316, it's the SALT tax deduction cap that you are talking about and it's likely to remain even after Trump is out of office.

And for posters who keep saying California pays for red state welfare -- the red states were contributing to your ability to live in a high tax state. The SALT deduction is blue state welfare.

by Anonymousreply 328April 16, 2019 3:44 PM

From USA Today, here's Nancy Pelosi's reaction to having the illegal "Dreamers" being transported to her district:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's district was specifically targeted, according to the Post, noting that the White House wanted to transport migrants into her congressional district in San Francisco.

Ashley Etienne, a spokeswoman for Pelosi, called the proposal "despicable."

So far, Cher and Nancy are all for illegals wandering the country looking for refuge, just don't give them a lift to their neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 329April 16, 2019 3:57 PM

Like it or not, this is a brilliant move by Trump. It's ridiculous to assert that the sanctuary offered by Sanctuary Cities only applies to the undocumented immigrants who are already here. New ones come every week.

If you won't build a wall to keep them out, then you are a hypocrite to reject them in your own state, city, and neighborhood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330April 16, 2019 4:07 PM

R329 and his ilk have no problem with the President enacting political revenge against the opposing party. This is straight up fascism, and you don't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 331April 16, 2019 4:09 PM

I mean hell, Obama couldn't even have military exercises in Texas without you all screaming "invasion," but this shit is just fine.

by Anonymousreply 332April 16, 2019 4:10 PM

Question: Are they going to make them citizens or just drop them off in the Democratic neighborhoods with no status?

by Anonymousreply 333April 16, 2019 4:17 PM

R331, if your party wants open borders and unfettered immigration for undocumented workers, there can be no legitimate reason for you turning away those immigrants from your own city. Not after your party and your party alone insisted we take them all in.

by Anonymousreply 334April 16, 2019 4:19 PM

R331

Oh, I care, but I'm a lifelong Independent voter.

At this point in time, I oppose you as much as I oppose Trump supporters.

If the Democrats want to hang their 2020 hopes on Illegal Aliens, sanctuary cities, and Men in Dresses over U.S. born citizens, LEGAL aliens, gays, women and female children, so be it.

I'll continue to vote my conscience even if it means a write in vote. Your type is as much responsible for our slide to fascism as the party you oppose.

by Anonymousreply 335April 16, 2019 4:47 PM

@KNXBaird

Hundreds of people including dockworkers & union officials are on the march in #SanPedro. This over a proposal by a big shipping firm to start using driverless

by Anonymousreply 336April 16, 2019 4:50 PM

...trucks.

by Anonymousreply 337April 16, 2019 4:50 PM

[quote] Oh, I care, but I'm an idiot.

I fixed that for you.

by Anonymousreply 338April 16, 2019 4:51 PM

I just don't get Democrats and this migrant shit. We have and underclass of literally millions of native-born Americans (of all races) who are struggling without health care and unable to make a living wage, and Democrats want to roll out the carpet for millions of migrants who are unskilled and basically unemployable who will be on benefits and dropping anchor babies. It's madness. Taxpayers can only take so much.

by Anonymousreply 339April 16, 2019 4:54 PM

Isn't New York a Sanctuary City? Maybe they can drop off some of the immigrants in the lobby of Trump Tower.

by Anonymousreply 340April 16, 2019 4:55 PM

R338, vote for our side because the other side is worse isn't a reason to vote. If the moderate vote is needed for Democrats to win, and it is, then give moderates a reason to vote other than "you'll vote for our agenda because Trump is evil."

by Anonymousreply 341April 16, 2019 4:57 PM

Yes, it's a sanctuary city.

by Anonymousreply 342April 16, 2019 4:58 PM

R340

If the Administration goes through with the it, I'm sure Trump will choose from a list of cities where to do the dumping.

His property may be the ONE reason NYC might be spared.

by Anonymousreply 343April 16, 2019 4:59 PM

[quote] I just don't get Democrats and this migrant shit. We have and underclass of literally millions of native-born Americans (of all races) who are struggling without health care and unable to make a living wage, and Democrats want to roll out the carpet for millions of migrants who are unskilled and basically unemployable who will be on benefits and dropping anchor babies. It's madness. Taxpayers can only take so much.

And a lot of this underclass votes for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 344April 16, 2019 5:00 PM

Why do they think a wall will work when they can just go under it or cut a hole through it or climb over it?

by Anonymousreply 345April 16, 2019 5:00 PM

[quote]Not after your party and your party alone insisted we take them all in.

Your party could have stopped illegal immigration dead in its tracks any time between January 2017 and January 2019, simply by passing a law that makes it financially disastrous for employers to hire undocumented workers.

Your party didn't because this is simply an issue to fire up its base.

by Anonymousreply 346April 16, 2019 5:01 PM

I never understood why they didn’t go after the employers. Going after the desperate and vunerable is an easy target. If he’s serious, Why isn’t Trump going after the enployers?

by Anonymousreply 347April 16, 2019 5:04 PM

R347, neither party wants to do anything about immigration. Both parties have had the opportunity over the years and neither did anything. The answer is that it's cheap labor and Americans are all about being cheap on everything but their "toys"..

by Anonymousreply 348April 16, 2019 5:11 PM

R347, because he's an employer.

by Anonymousreply 349April 16, 2019 5:15 PM

[quote]Oh, I care, but I'm a lifelong Independent voter.

Sure you are, sweetie. Sure you are.

by Anonymousreply 350April 16, 2019 5:19 PM

R348

You're right neither party wants to do anything about it.

Let's go back to the Clinton Administration.

He lost one Liberal nominee, Zoe Baird, for the Supreme Court because she had illegal aliens as domestic servants.

He also lost one liberal AG nominee, Zimba Wood, for the same reason.

The rich are the Rich. They'll take cheap labor regardless of "politics".

by Anonymousreply 351April 16, 2019 5:21 PM

I have lived in an immigrant neighborhood and they all had jobs, it was a nice neighborhood in my opinion. Thump should go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 352April 16, 2019 5:22 PM

I know he’s an employer and since he is not addressing the REAL issue, I know he is just using the desperate to rile up his base. He has no real goal to solve this issue because it keeps people like him in power.

by Anonymousreply 353April 16, 2019 5:22 PM

Are conservatives too dumb to understand why this is, well, “Deplorable”?

by Anonymousreply 354April 16, 2019 5:32 PM

LA Times: California hits back as Trump threatens to ‘dump’ immigrants in ‘sanctuary cities’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355April 16, 2019 5:32 PM

It's not just Clinton, r351.

And, yes, we will pay $1000 for an iPhone, but are put off at paying $5 for tomatoes so farm workers can be better compensated.

It partly the fault of businesses and their dedication to the bottom line. But the American public shoulders some responsibility too.

We're also coming into some very strange times where automation is going to be permanently taking away low skilled jobs. Even some skilled jobs will be going away. If you think income inequality is bad now, just wait another 10 years. And if the climate change report is accurate, then 12 years from now won't be pretty. We should be reducing population, not increasing it. And, and it should be a global effort to reduce our numbers.

by Anonymousreply 356April 16, 2019 5:32 PM

[quote] You're right neither party wants to do anything about it.

That's not true. Obama tried numerous times for comprehensive immigration reform and the Rethuglicans blocked him. They don't want to do anything because the fear of immigrants keeps voters scared and voting against their own interests. They did the same thing with gay people for years.

by Anonymousreply 357April 16, 2019 5:34 PM

[quote] We should be reducing population, not increasing it.

Have you considered sacrificing yourself for this?

by Anonymousreply 358April 16, 2019 5:35 PM

[quote] R334: if your party wants open borders and unfettered immigration for undocumented ...

The Right is lying again. It’s their brand.

The Left wants strong borders. Just not an expensive, ineffective fence, that Mexico was supposed to pay for.

by Anonymousreply 359April 16, 2019 5:36 PM

R351

You obviously didn't read my post.

I didn't post Clinton used illegals for employment.

by Anonymousreply 360April 16, 2019 5:37 PM

R359, they're lying sacks of shit, same as always.

by Anonymousreply 361April 16, 2019 5:40 PM

Trump cultists want nothing short of a dictatorship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362April 16, 2019 5:45 PM

Yes, r358, I'm childless by choice. What sacrifice have you made? You're welcome to off yourself if the answer if nothing.

by Anonymousreply 363April 16, 2019 6:06 PM

R357, Obama had 2-years of control of both houses. Trump had 2 years of control of both houses. Neither got legislation passed.

R360, I did read your post and what I mean by it's not just Clinton, is Bush and Trump also had nominees that used illegal immigrants as nannies or housekeepers. Hell, Trump has them working Trump properties.

by Anonymousreply 364April 16, 2019 6:13 PM

[quote] I'm childless by choice.

Bitch please, you should be happy illegal immigrants are coming to the USA as no one but a desperate girl would fuck your lame ass.

by Anonymousreply 365April 16, 2019 6:16 PM

Projecting, r365?

by Anonymousreply 366April 16, 2019 6:20 PM

[quote]The Left wants strong borders.

They want no such thing.

by Anonymousreply 367April 16, 2019 6:27 PM

Send them to Oklahoma. They can squat on the Pioneer Woman’s land.

by Anonymousreply 368April 16, 2019 6:27 PM

R364, Obama fought the Republicans to get the economic stimulus package passed, rescuing the nearly destroyed Bush economy and preventing a world-wide depression. The Dems also, again over Republican opposition, passed the ACA bringing affordable healthcare to millions of uninsured Americans. That's off the top of my head.

What did Trump do? Passed a massive tax cut for the super-wealthy.

R367 is another liar.

by Anonymousreply 369April 16, 2019 6:37 PM

What R158 said.

I have not a single fucking use for welfare-receiving "real 'murican" coal miners who refuse to retrain or subsidized farmers who vote Republican. Most of the people in my life who make sure my life is fulfilled as far as my home repaired and being cleaned and landscaping, are not the imbeciles in red states who only serve to take my blue state money for their regressive bullshit and for their natural disasters and then when my state needs its money for its own disasters, those moochers vote AGAINST us getting our own money back. Oh, but wait, me saying that is "why Trump won" because Trump is allowed to spread vitriol...oh, sorry "telling it like it is" to those deluded idiots believing they're the creme de la creme of this country as they sit on their asses screaming about immigrants and cheering on the asshole NYer born on third who *really* understands their problems. Such idiots.

by Anonymousreply 370April 16, 2019 6:39 PM

Maybe we should just separate into North and South and call it a day. We'll have a red state country and a blue state country.

by Anonymousreply 371April 16, 2019 6:41 PM

R371

You're on the right track, IMO, but the split may be more than two ways.

There may be some "territories" divided along racial lines as well.

by Anonymousreply 372April 16, 2019 6:43 PM

R369, I'm not defending Trump at all. As I said, he had two years of control and didn't get any legislation passed. And I also pointed out that he has illegals working on his properties.

Yes, Obama got legislation passed in those two years. None of which were related to immigration.

I repeat, if either party were serious about immigration reform, both had the opportunity to do something about it. And, the template is already there, just follow Canada. Neither party is really interested because business likes cheap labor and so do most Americans.

by Anonymousreply 373April 16, 2019 6:44 PM

The Russians have been trying to engineer a breakup of the US for decades, see the independence, and split up big states initiatives led by Russians in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 374April 16, 2019 6:45 PM

Yes, r374, CalExit was driven by some guy in St. Petersburg.

by Anonymousreply 375April 16, 2019 6:48 PM

Why can't some of you accept that the states with the highest immigration are the ones that actually provide most of the fucking money for this country? Most of the idiots screaming about immigration (and cut the shit with pretending to make a distinction between legal and illegal because most of the time, you people mean both - Trump means both when they're not white. His own fucking wife had a questionable immigration status and her "job" was questionable, yet no screaming about that, right?) just want to believe every bullshit stereotype of who they are and what they're doing here.

I'm a NYer and I love what this city is. Sorry if my idea of "American values" doesn't involve living in a half-empty McMansion in Indiana worshiping an adulterer married three times, handed everything in his fucking life and still fucks over working people. An elitist NYer which you're fine with...solely because your warped definition of "American values" is based solely on racism and bigotry which he sells to you and you buy it.

by Anonymousreply 376April 16, 2019 6:54 PM

R376, NY is pretty low on the list of giving states. And NY got back a lot with the unlimited deduction for the high state and local taxes on the federal returns. So while you complain about giving states money for welfare, the country was subsidizing NY so it can continue to live in a high tax state. And, BTW, there's not a lot to show for those high local taxes either. Shitty Infrastructure. Broken subway. So-so schools.

by Anonymousreply 377April 16, 2019 7:05 PM

NY? The place that got $6 BILLION in tax $$$ for a pointless real estate development that is unaffordable for 99% of the population? Such a generous, giving place for the less fortunate among us.

by Anonymousreply 378April 16, 2019 7:08 PM

Deplorable are all exactly like Trump. They do not have a conscience and they do not know right from wrong....another name for them is Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 379April 16, 2019 7:16 PM

[quote] R364: [R357], Obama had 2-years of control of both houses.... Neither got legislation passed

Completely wrong! Obama was denied control for various reasons except for a relatively short period.

by Anonymousreply 380April 16, 2019 8:20 PM

And what time they had was spent rescuing the economy and fighting tooth and nail with Republicans to get people healthcare. Trump and the GOP literally didn't manage to do ANYTHING for two years except pass a great big tax cut for the wealthy. That was it.

by Anonymousreply 381April 16, 2019 8:30 PM

r275 gets my comment. Thank you..

by Anonymousreply 382April 16, 2019 9:12 PM

I got it. I just think you're completely wrong.

by Anonymousreply 383April 16, 2019 9:15 PM

President Obama made our ccountry a better place and if not for Deplorable...he could have made huge, wonderful differences. Good and intelligent people are always stopped by the evil, shitheads of this world (Republicans).

by Anonymousreply 384April 16, 2019 9:24 PM

R380, yes, and that short period was two years.

by Anonymousreply 385April 16, 2019 9:29 PM

[quote]Beyond that, the Democrats are doing the GOP's work for them. The GOP want us all living like peasants; access to unlimited cheap labor will do just that. And then when automation comes, the white-collar Progressives will be fighting for scraps too.

[quote]Why don't the Democrats demand that we help improve conditions in Latin America so that there will be less incentive for Latin Americans to emigrate? Oh, right, it's because they're in on it.

This is 100% correct.

Read: Twilight of the Elites by Christophe Guilluy

by Anonymousreply 386April 16, 2019 9:35 PM

When Obama Had “Total Control of Congress”

"But legislation does not become law without the Senate.

The Senate operates with the 60-vote-requirement filibuster rule. There are 100 Senate seats, and it takes 60 Senate votes for “closure” on a piece of legislation....to bring that piece of legislation to the floor of the Senate for amendments and a final vote....that final vote is decided by a simple majority in most cases. But it takes 60 Senate votes to even have a chance of being voted upon.

“Total control”, then, of the Senate requires 60 Democratic or Republican Senators.

On January 20th, 2009, 57 Senate seats were held by Democrats with 2 Independents (Bernie Sanders and Joe Lieberman) caucusing with the Democrats...which gave Democrats 59 mostly-reliable Democratic votes in the Senate, one shy of filibuster-proof “total control.” Republicans held 41 seats."

Two years of total control is a lie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387April 16, 2019 9:36 PM

And, yet, Republicans have found a way to work around it r387 and somehow in that same period health care was passed.

Neither Democrats nor Republicans want to do anything about immigration, mainly because labor costs will increase. And it's about to get real ugly when automation puts people out of work

by Anonymousreply 388April 16, 2019 9:53 PM

Because the rules have changed R388.

by Anonymousreply 389April 16, 2019 10:11 PM

Why We Don't Have Immigration Reform:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390April 16, 2019 10:23 PM

Not in the way you think, r389.

by Anonymousreply 391April 16, 2019 10:44 PM

Does the Constitution say th President should punish Americans? Cause he’s mad?

by Anonymousreply 392April 16, 2019 10:48 PM

[quote] R326: ...I'm all for providing assistance to our own citizens who are poor, or disabled, or served their time in prison and need a hand re-integrating into society, ...

I really doubt it, because they need money, now. Are you in? That’s what I thought.

by Anonymousreply 393April 16, 2019 10:53 PM

trump is a petty shit..

by Anonymousreply 394April 16, 2019 11:15 PM

[quote] R377: ... NY got back a lot with the unlimited deduction for the high state and local taxes on the federal returns

R377, this changed with Trump‘s tax plan. The deduction is now capped at $10,000. Besides, this is money that is already taxed by the State.

Meanwhile, the Feds are giving truckloads of cash to farmers, especially due to trump’s tariffs. What’s with that, since you brought it up?

by Anonymousreply 395April 16, 2019 11:23 PM

Yes, r385, I know there's a cap now. And yes, it's money taxed by the state and then written off as a deduction on the federal level, which is a subsidy.

by Anonymousreply 396April 16, 2019 11:29 PM

R364: Obama had 2-years of control of both houses. Trump had 2 years of control of both houses. Neither got legislation passed

No, Al Franken wasn’t seated for months. Teddy Kennedy died md-term. Was there more? So, the Dems didn’t have control of the Senate but a short time between. R364, you were wrong the first time. You lied about it the second time.

The Right lies. It’s their brand.

F&F this lying troll.

by Anonymousreply 397April 16, 2019 11:34 PM

R397, I'm a vocal moderate Democrat on DL. Thanks for playing. Better luck next time.

by Anonymousreply 398April 16, 2019 11:39 PM

Oh FFS, this "SEND THE MIGRANTS TO THE SANCTUARY CITIES" is Trump's Flaming Ball of Poo to Distract Everybody from the Release of the Mueller ( Barr) Report, Subpeona ed Tax Records, and all the other Shit that the Democrats are closing in on. And it's working. As Someone else said upthread, it's not his long-term plan because his Millionaire friends are making too much money imprisoning these migrants. What I'M PISSED about is BOTH Democrats and Republicans not being Truthful about the Fact that the U.S. has essentially become a Two-tiered Economy. THAT'S why the DEMS ( and Honestly Trump et. Al) have never REALLY passed Serious Immigration Legoslation like "Birthright Citienship". The Dairy Industry has outright said that if you Deported every single Undocumented worker tomorrow, their industry would collapse. 25 % of the Hospitality Industry ( and Half of those are Probably Employed by Trump Hotels) Is Dependent On undocumented laborers. Probably 80% of the food Americans shovel in their mouths on a daily basis has been processed in some way by an illegal immigrant. And so on. And the wealth they are generating for CORPORATE giants is staggering, because of the wage differential. The Hypocrisy is staggering. But NO POLITICIAN is going to admit this. NO. So we have this Pomp and Circumstance showdown at the border, and pretend that it's in defense of the American worker who would never deign to work at that wage to begin with even if they took that shitty job. Not even Democrats admit this. And now, the pot has been too far stirred to go back. What a Cluster Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 399April 16, 2019 11:48 PM

[quote] R371: Maybe we should just separate into North and South and call it a day. We'll have a red state country and a blue state country.

No, we are stronger together. Besides, in no time, the former US would be hundreds of counties that became countries, all small and weak. Either that, or Mexico would own them. Or Russia.

Also, the North can’t have a messed-up South on it’s borders. This is why we have to fund them, even though they don’t contribute an equal share. And funding them is the kind thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 400April 16, 2019 11:50 PM

R373: Yes, Obama got legislation passed in those two years. None of which were related to immigration.

Sure, Obama got healthcare for millions and if it doesn’t “stick”, it’s the precursor to something that does. And he was busy saving the economy from a Great Depression. And took responsibility for two wars. And he deported more people than any President. But other than that, he did nothing on immigration.

by Anonymousreply 401April 16, 2019 11:58 PM

[quote] And, yet, Republicans have found a way to work around it (the filibuster)

They effectively eliminated the filibuster rule.

by Anonymousreply 402April 17, 2019 12:04 AM

To punish the libs, he should hoard the immigrants in the Red states.

by Anonymousreply 403April 17, 2019 1:35 AM

I’m happy to take all the undocumented, so long as all the republicans agree to lifetime exile for them and all their cronies. They can go to Russia or China or whatever country will take them.

But all the thugs and cumtrumps have to surrender their US citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 404April 17, 2019 1:56 AM

As long as we're on the topic, did they ever figure out who's funding all these caravans coming north?

Because it stinks like year-old borsht.

by Anonymousreply 405April 17, 2019 2:13 AM

Dunno, R405. Who funded all those Syrians running away from the genocide there? Seriously. Why doe republicans have a hard time understanding that human beings flee from insurrection, murder, civil unrest and direct threats against their families.

International aid organizations have been doing investigations on this for years. There’s no mystery why this happens.

by Anonymousreply 406April 17, 2019 2:17 AM

"Sanctuary!"

by Anonymousreply 407April 17, 2019 2:48 AM

The Republicans will reenact the filibuster before they leave, just to make the Dems remove it again.

by Anonymousreply 408April 17, 2019 3:07 AM

Why doesn’t he punish some Russians? Fucking commie.

by Anonymousreply 409April 17, 2019 3:21 AM

You can't punish your boss.

by Anonymousreply 410April 17, 2019 3:25 AM

R118: I moved from Providence, RI to the Atlanta area. The former was in fact a sanctuary city.

by Anonymousreply 411April 17, 2019 3:30 AM

Hey R399, like many in my generation, I remember when Americans did the jobs Americans won't do.

In fact, it was standard for American kids to do some of those jobs: gardener, child/elder care, fast food, maid, produce picker, cashier, stock clerk, janitor - my friends and I, and most American kids, did all of those jobs. I would not have made it through college without some of those jobs. And we did those jobs well.

Corporations don't want to pay a living wage, and they don't want to hire American kids, because they have some awareness of the law, so won't take shit.

The Democrats used to be against illegal immigration because it drove down wages. Well, they're on the take now too, and they have 3/4 of the children on this board snowed and all it took was the liberal (pardon the pun) use of the word "Racist" for corporations to get exactly what they wanted: an unlimited supply of cheap, expendable labor.

by Anonymousreply 412April 17, 2019 4:03 AM

[quote] R41: Don't you just love how the sole purpose of the right wing these days is to "stick it to the libs?" The hell with actually governing, coming up with a coherent policy, executing on a rational strategy, hiring competent people. Nope, as long as it pisses off the libs, it's full speed ahead. And if it does piss off the libs, then mission accomplished, even if they managed to completely fuck themselves over or it's blatantly illegal.

Really well said. I was reading through the first many posts and saw so much self-defeating mean spiritedness I just don’t know what makes people so vile. I do know these haters watch Fox, and support Trump, and Fox and Trump encourage the worst impulses in them. It’s really sad.

by Anonymousreply 413April 17, 2019 4:07 PM

[quote] The Democrats used to be against illegal immigration ...

They still are. The Dems are for “safe and secure” borders. Nancy wanted funding for it, but Trump refused, because he wanted an expensive, ineffective wall. In the future, just trust that the Right is lying to you. It’s what they do, it’s their brand. Don’t be surprised that Trump is conning you. Because that is all he know how to do.

by Anonymousreply 414April 17, 2019 4:11 PM

From the Treason thread....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415April 17, 2019 4:13 PM

R413 What's sad is that you can't offer an opinion, except that everyone in the country who watches Fox is "sad." Since that audience is a much larger proportion of the population than those who watch any other news, that means you think the majority of people in this country are sad. And as a person who doesn't watch ANY TV news, that seems sad to me.

by Anonymousreply 416April 18, 2019 3:49 AM

R416, apparently math is not your strong suit, and that is sad. But congratulations for not watching any TV news, you get a gold star for that and an attaboy.

by Anonymousreply 417April 18, 2019 5:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!