Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Figure Skating XXII.

Continuation of Figure Skating XXI.

by Anonymousreply 5018 hours ago

USA will win World Team Trophy

Samarin bombed so hard that put Russia out of contention for the win.

Japan still have 2 pairs segments where they will finish last

Btw, Zhou was way overscored

by Anonymousreply 104/11/2019

Poor Shoma. I want him and Kolyada to come to my house for some intensive psychotherapy - on my couch. Oh and my loveseat. I'll fix you both right up, I promise.

by Anonymousreply 204/11/2019

What's the purpose of having the World Team Trophy so soon after Worlds?

by Anonymousreply 304/11/2019

I guess they want to give the skaters time for a break - and for some of them, to finally do the last performance of their programs, to get them out of the way and out of their minds, before they get new music, choreography, and move on to thinking about the next season.

by Anonymousreply 404/11/2019

R3, it mostly seems to be a reward for top federations to get tons of prize money for their skaters. This is my first time watching, kind of a silly competition.

by Anonymousreply 504/11/2019

I wish Canada had sent Gilles & Poirier instead of Weaver & Poje.

by Anonymousreply 604/11/2019

Pairs SP

1) Zabjako/Enbert 75.80. Let's hope to see anymore their weird templars program

2) James/Cipres 73.48. They looked tired

3) Della Monica/Guarise 69.77

4) Moore Towers/Marinaro 68.38

5) Cain/LeDuc 66.91

6) Miura/Ichihashi 44.93 Amen

USA 58 points Japan 55 Russia 50 France 38 Canada 35 Italy 34

by Anonymousreply 704/12/2019

Canada is really sucking at this team event so far.

by Anonymousreply 804/12/2019

Me too R6.

by Anonymousreply 904/12/2019

*not to see

Re Z/E

by Anonymousreply 1004/12/2019

Kaitlyn Weaver looks so old. I can't believe she's only 30.

by Anonymousreply 1104/12/2019

Sinitsina/Katsalapov over 130 in the FD

by Anonymousreply 1204/12/2019

I've never liked Weaver -- she's always been so cold. Although I think she skated well this season.

Poje is also cold, and is 32 now. He is handsome though, and as we've talked about on other threads, probably gay.

by Anonymousreply 1304/12/2019

Papadakis and Ciceron got 135.8

10 in Interpretation and Composition

Free Dance

Papadakis/Cizeron 135.82 SB

Sinitsina/Katsalapov 130.63 SB

Hubbell/Donohue 127.11

Weaver/Poje 124.18 SB

Guignard/Fabbri 122.29 SB

Koleto and Beard 99.31 SB

by Anonymousreply 1404/12/2019

10 by all judges to Papadakis/Cizeron in Interpretation and Performance. No mark lower than 9.75

At least 3 10s by all judges except for the Japanese judge

French judge gave 10s and +5 in everything.

Sin/Kats got 10s in Interepration by Japan, Russia, Germany, Poland, France and USA.

Russia and France marked them with 10 also in Performance. A 10 in Composition by Japan.

by Anonymousreply 1504/12/2019

I don't get why S/K are getting such high PCS scores.

by Anonymousreply 1604/12/2019

r16 The same reason Nathan Chen gets such high PCS scores.

by Anonymousreply 1704/12/2019

R16 Lets hope it is only for WTT

by Anonymousreply 1804/12/2019

It's because Russia has been politicking the judges for the past season to move S/K onto the podium, which they succeeded at doing last month at Worlds.

by Anonymousreply 1904/12/2019

USA was too busy politicking for Men. Otherwise these PCS and uncalled UR for Vincent Zhou couldn't be explained

by Anonymousreply 2004/12/2019

Please, R20. The world is just finally now seeing that the artistic vision I bring to my instagram posts is also beautifully unfolding on the ice.

by Anonymousreply 2104/12/2019

So anyone know yet whether Paul Poirier has a boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 2204/12/2019

Even Vincent said he UR'ed but "the judges didn't think so". Lol...

by Anonymousreply 2304/12/2019

Combining SP and FS at WTT (they count for Season Best lists used for GP assignments)

Chen 301.44

Zhou 299.01 SB

Uno 282.24

Rizzo 260.53 SB

Tanaka 258.84 SB

Messing 257.79

Nguyen 251.97 SB

Lazukin 249.33 SB

Aymoz 239.05

Samarin 230.37

Grassl 228.36

Siao Fa 204.67

___

Tuktamysheva 234.43 SB

Tennell 225.64 SB

Sakamoto 223.65 SB

Kihira 222.34

Samodurova 207.45

Bell 206.06

Piredda 180.55 SB

Meité 173.67

Daleman 171.81

Lecavelier 170.24

Rodeghiero 155.09

Chartrand 147.27

_________

James/Cipres 226.00 SB

Zabjako/Enbert 217.12

Della Monica/Guarise 200.62

Moore Towers/Marinaro 200.22

Cain/LeDuc 192.15

Miura/Ichihashi 137.91

___

Papadakis/Cizeron 223.13 SB

Sinitsina/Katsalapov 215.20 SB

Hubbell/Donohue 209.97

Weaver/Poje 203.78

Guignard/Fabbri 202.54 SB

Komatsbura/Koleto 160.24 SB

by Anonymousreply 24Last Saturday at 2:09 AM

[quote] , it mostly seems to be a reward for top federations to get tons of prize money for their skaters. This is my first time watching, kind of a silly competition.

My favorite of the season was the Japan Open, where Alina Zagitova had a higher free skate score than Javier Fernandez or Nathan Chen.

Now that was fun! Especially watching Javi's pissy reaction. Alina can always say she beat them both lol.

by Anonymousreply 25Last Saturday at 4:18 AM

Picture her potential bitch face while she was saying this and thinking about the Shibutanis..

Madison Hubbell (USA), 2019 World Team Trophy Champions team: This is my first experience, so I have not lived another format. I unfortunately was not able to participate in the team event at the last Olympics. The feeling I have is that while it should be mandatory to have a different skater for each segment. At the Olympics they should allow two entries for all of the events, because I think there are many teams with an abundant amount of talented skaters. I know that my federation would have loved to put two more skaters on that team and give them the chance to come home with a medal. That is something I would like them to consider for Beijing.

by Anonymousreply 26Last Saturday at 11:21 AM

R26 Thanks for the Team Bronze Medal, Maddie!

If it makes you feel better, Maia and I had to suck a few cocks to shut you and Zach out of getting one, but as Sinatra says, "That's Life!"

by Anonymousreply 27Last Saturday at 11:44 AM

I like the Shibs in general, but was annoyed by their social media bragging about their Olympic medals a year later, while the world championships were going on. As far as I know, they made no congratulatory or well meaning messages to their fellow teammates who were competing there. And I agree their online merchandise looks tacky. Who would buy and wear those overpriced sweats and tees that say "Twizzle" or "Shibsibs"?

by Anonymousreply 28Last Sunday at 7:29 PM

I don't hate them, but I find the Shbs annoying. They're decent skaters, but they have a high opinion of themselves. And had it not been for Zach Donohue making a mistake in the Free Dance, they wouldn't have won the Bronze medal anyway.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Sunday at 9:37 PM

I think the Shibs are desperate right now because their double bronze medals aren't getting the the entertainment and financial opportunities they were hoping for. It's also going to tough for them to return to competitive skating because they're been surpassed by teams domestically and internationally. I enjoyed much of the Shibs' creative work as competitive athletes, particularly the Fix You program a few years ago, and sympathized with their challenges making it in ice dance as siblings. But I concur with everyone who's found they've gotten annoying since around the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Monday at 12:54 AM

Technical Rules for 2019-20 Ice Dance have been published

by Anonymousreply 31Last Monday at 3:57 AM

Lady may wear trousers in the Rhythm Dance, not in the Free Dance

by Anonymousreply 32Last Monday at 3:59 AM

Hubbell and Donohue pissed their chance for an Olympic medal by skating to such a horrible free dance.

Now they are playing catch up with Chock and Bates who are likely to return to the world podium in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 33Last Monday at 7:37 AM

But Hubbell and Donohue are the ones that won the World medal last month, R33. So I'm not sure there are any guarantees for Chock and Bates.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Monday at 11:11 AM

Annika Hocke/Ruben Blommaert have split.....will there be any Pairs left standing by the start of the new season?

by Anonymousreply 35Last Monday at 12:54 PM

Who were they anyway? Maybe the Knierims will quit if they lack funding.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Monday at 7:08 PM

Does the U.S. still only get one Pairs spot for Worlds?

by Anonymousreply 37Last Monday at 7:10 PM

I think so, but I'm not a big pairs fan, so I may be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 38Last Monday at 7:38 PM

If there's only one Pairs spot to Worlds, there really isn't much point for a lot of these U.S. pairs to compete anyway.

Very few of them will ever make it out of the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 39Last Monday at 8:44 PM

Hocke/Bloammaert is one of the German pairs. Germany is now left with only Hase/Seegert

US will have 2 pairs at 2020 Worlds

by Anonymousreply 40Last Monday at 10:47 PM

Pairs spot at 2020 Worlds are

China 3

Russia 3

France 2 (but may not fill the second spot. Their Junior pair coming up should be able to do minimum for Europeans but can struggle to achieve that for Worlds. And then anyway it depends on if Didier wants to send you )

Canada 2

Italy 2

USA 2

Austria 2 (won't fill the second spot)

Germany 2 (if no new partnership emerges from the split, they won't fill the second spot)

at EUROPEANS

France 3 (I guess they will likely fill 2 of them)

Russia 3

Italy 3 (they will leave the third spot vacant)

Germany 2 (again, they may not have a second pair anymore)

Spain 2 (their second team should struggle to achieve the minimums)

Croatia 2 (I don't remember any second pair...maybe some crappy Junior, but again there is the minimum to get)

UK 2 (no second pair existent)

by Anonymousreply 41Last Monday at 11:47 PM

Soon it'll be really easy to be one of the top 10 pairs in the world because only 10-12 pairs will compete. Eek.

by Anonymousreply 42Last Tuesday at 12:20 AM

At Euros there were only 10 pairs who finished the competition this year...so everybody made the top 10...even the old British lady, the crappy gay second Italian, the black Croatian....

at Worlds everybody qualified for the FS because there were less than 20 pairs entered.

by Anonymousreply 43Last Tuesday at 12:26 AM

Why are there fewer pairs than usual this year?

by Anonymousreply 44Last Tuesday at 1:41 AM

R44

2019 Worlds: 19 Pairs

2018: 28

2017: 28

2016: 22

2015: 19

2014: 23

2013: 18

2012: 23

2011: 22

2017-18 was a peak. Some good pairs were left out from FS last year and so last summer ISU increased the numbers of pairs making the FS from 16 to 20....but this renaissance of Pairs didn't last long and now they are back at around 20 with the last of them not being really worthy to see twice

by Anonymousreply 45Last Tuesday at 1:46 AM

Paul Poirier's bottoming position?

by Anonymousreply 4620 hours ago

Pairs skating is incredibly dangerous and what is the potential payoff. Look at the top US team of Cain and Leduc, who aren't even being offered to skate in Stars on Ice. How much money are their families paying every year for them to train? The risk of severe injury is there every single time they practice. Even if I had a child who were talented in figure skating, I would not want him/her to go into pairs. Or dance, which is incredibly boring.

by Anonymousreply 4719 hours ago

r47 I feel like Dance only got really boring this past season. It used to be fairly enjoyable to watch, not like pre CoP but still ok, but now it's a fucking snooze.

by Anonymousreply 4818 hours ago

R47, you may find dance boring, but U.S. dance is thriving right now, so there are lots of opportunities for U.S. dance teams. Pairs, obviously not.

by Anonymousreply 4918 hours ago

R47 I guess their training costs are lower with their parents as their coaches? But yeah, Cain had the horrible concussion, and it mostly ended up with a ton of people (many not skating fans) concern trolling how an adult woman handled her post-concussion pain and insulting her partner. They got viral fame from the incident but no real financial payoff.

by Anonymousreply 5018 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!