Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“The president veered into incoherence”

This is getting really bad, folks.

“They’re very expensive fences, but they don’t want to go through the process of going through the fences, so, again, they wait until the fence is open, the gate is open. They wait at the gate and they kill people,” said Trump. “They want to take the truck, a lot of times they don’t even want to go to the house, they want to steal the truck. So you always go to the gate in doubles.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198April 14, 2019 10:53 PM

Fox News on Wednesday abruptly cut away from a press conference held by President Donald Trump in San Antonio, Texas after the president began rambling incoherently about fences and trucks.

by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2019 11:33 PM

President Soundbite has never had to speak more than a few sentences in public. He really is out of his element having to speechify.

by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2019 11:35 PM

There is nothing funny about it. It terrifies me, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2019 11:37 PM

What the hell is that nitwit talking about now?

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2019 11:40 PM

It’s not “getting bad”. This shit has been bad since he started his campaign.

I fully expect him to shit in his hand at some point and throw his feces at reporters. They will probably just wipe their faces and call his behavior “bizarre” and “unprecedented”, and mumble something about “unchartered waters”. Reporters don’t know how to deal with this moron, which is why he still dictates the headlines every fucking day.

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2019 11:40 PM

Does anyone think he's going to be able to finish his term, and/or go through an entire campaign for President again?

by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2019 11:43 PM

Yawn. If only I had a dime for every time someone predicted Trump was THIS close to resigning because of mental illness, or drug addiction, or the Russia conspiracy, or poor health, or some other nonsense, I'd be a rich man.

by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2019 11:44 PM

The two current Twitter theories are dementia and/or ministrokes.

If it's ministrokes his chances of a massive stroke are getting higher by the day.

I'm in a betting pool on twitter on when the "big one" happens. I'm guessing 4th of July.

by Anonymousreply 8April 10, 2019 11:45 PM

R6, yes he will. Because his stupid followers don’t care. Trump can never be too crazy for his deplorable base.

by Anonymousreply 9April 10, 2019 11:45 PM

It’s weird he can remember names for the most part if he’s having strokes/dementia. He doesn’t seem quite as fuzzy acting as Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 10April 10, 2019 11:49 PM

I linked to yesterday’s incoherent rant.

To paraphrase DJT:

It was Obama who separated the children, not Trump . Trump stopped it. We created a new law. But Obama had the old law...but we need to do this...but Obama did it. We didn’t do it, it was Obama, ur we have to do it...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 10, 2019 11:54 PM

Call me if he veers into coherence.

by Anonymousreply 12April 10, 2019 11:56 PM

Lol r12.

by Anonymousreply 13April 10, 2019 11:57 PM

My go-to tactic when arguing with a Trumpster on line is I ask them to link me to video showing Trump clearly articulating his thoughts on a serious issue where he doesn't just go off onto tangents bragging about himself or bad-mouthing his enemies. They always seem to drop out of the argument.

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2019 12:03 AM

[quote]Does anyone think he's going to be able to finish his term, and/or go through an entire campaign for President again?

Yes, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2019 12:03 AM

I don't think he's going to resign either. I mean I think he simply won't be able to physically go through another two years + campaigning.

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2019 12:06 AM

“I said, how many people died? They said 7. I said, 7? That’s a person!”

by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2019 12:13 AM

I'm also of the mind that he's starting to have mini-strokes. Unfortunately, my fear is that I doubt he'll have one that will noticeably incapacitate him until after he's re-elected. Which would land us with three or three and a half years with President Pence. And that terrifies me to center of my soul.

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2019 12:14 AM

Time for Trumpy’s nap

by Anonymousreply 19April 11, 2019 12:19 AM

He sounds like Brendad Ickson!

by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2019 12:22 AM

So well spoken!

by Anonymousreply 21April 11, 2019 12:24 AM

The debates will be his undoing.

by Anonymousreply 22April 11, 2019 12:25 AM

I first read the title as "The president veered into incontinence".

by Anonymousreply 23April 11, 2019 12:27 AM

He's doing a better job killing the english language than the mexicans.

by Anonymousreply 24April 11, 2019 12:28 AM

I’m going to pray that he has a stroke every single day from now till he has one.

by Anonymousreply 25April 11, 2019 12:28 AM

Ditto - r25: I want it in public , painful and filmed so I can watch it on YouTube over and over. .

by Anonymousreply 26April 11, 2019 12:32 AM

To paraphrase John Dryden--"The rest to some faint meaning make pretense,/But Donald never deviates into sense."

by Anonymousreply 27April 11, 2019 12:34 AM

When was he ever coherent?

by Anonymousreply 28April 11, 2019 12:37 AM

Almost as terrifying as Trump's deteriorating mental condition is the many millions of propagandized, damaged, mentally ill, cognitively challenged voters who will continue to support him.

A special note of distain for Andrew Sullivan, who recently stated (on Bill Maher) that Democrats must now spend a lot of resources to cater to these extreme losers.

by Anonymousreply 29April 11, 2019 12:37 AM

Trump's base does not care if his incoherent and doesn't make sense. The average IQ of the US is 100, 50% have IQs less than that. They are accustomed to seeing Presidents and other leaders discussing things they don't understand.

So, when this happens, they don't even register it. The base only sees the top line - immigrants bad, Trump stop them, we need wall, we need close doors, Trump doing what others scared of (insert racial/bigoted slurs) won't do.

by Anonymousreply 30April 11, 2019 12:38 AM

R22 he just won't participate. He'll come up with some reason and his followers will happily buy it.

by Anonymousreply 31April 11, 2019 12:39 AM

[quote] R22: The debates will be his undoing.

After the debate at the Reagan library, Trump had a fit. He complained that 3 hours was loo long to be on his feet, and that it was too hot. I think the stage was elevated so as to align with Air Force One in the background. Then he skipped the next debate. And then he took credit for “negotiating” a cut in debate length to 2 hours, from 3. He was very impressed with himself. He made it sound like all the contestants and the audience all wanted to get the hours cut but that only he could negotiate it.

So, Dems, turn the heat up, and make it 3 hours!

by Anonymousreply 32April 11, 2019 12:46 AM

Exactly r32, this whole going high when they go low is not working. When John Kerry snapped “are you serious?” at that cousin fuckin’ cracker, he actually curved. Miss Maxine snarling at Liverlips was great. More of that, less politeness. It’s not working and stupid aggressive people like Dumpanzees only respond to people fucking them up.

by Anonymousreply 33April 11, 2019 12:51 AM

Hope the fat fuck strokes out on live tv

by Anonymousreply 34April 11, 2019 12:52 AM

I prefer he does it in his sleep so no one is there to help him R34

by Anonymousreply 35April 11, 2019 12:54 AM

[quote]I'm also of the mind that he's starting to have mini-strokes. Unfortunately, my fear is that I doubt he'll have one that will noticeably incapacitate him until after he's re-elected.

We also have to remember that Reagan was already fading mentally in 1984 when he ran for re-election and yet he still got elected to a 2nd term.

So if Reagan can get away with it, so can Trump.

by Anonymousreply 36April 11, 2019 12:59 AM

There won't be any debates. He'll claim they're rigged by the Dems or the fake news media and refuse to participate.

by Anonymousreply 37April 11, 2019 1:09 AM

Reagan's Son: Dad Had Alzheimer's While President

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 11, 2019 1:09 AM

I agree that he he won’t participate in any debates ever again

by Anonymousreply 39April 11, 2019 1:25 AM

Nancy Reagan Prompts President Reagan:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 11, 2019 1:26 AM

It's all irrelevant in way, in the sense, like Lenin or Hitler or Mao or Kim.

Trump at this point, even more than 2016, is more or less just a figurehead surfing Punch puppet upon definite and significant groundswells of fear,anxiety and discontent legitimately out there among legions of supporters (followers).

I sense it growing shfting too now

This zeitgeist mindset and shift seems palpably different and has moved on somehow from Reagan or each of the Bushes type reflection of a classical (Republican) political loyaty.

Their WILL be a more sophisticated version of everything Trump preens and puffs himself on. There's not going to be some figurehed Gorbachev, Justin, Nelson, Jacinda, AOC movement by way of relief or legitimate change from all this at some point near or distant term.

This horrific reality now meets mechanisms, pundits and powerbrokers that actively or surreptitiously stoke, feed or fund it.

Look at Europe, same thing's happening.

Fourth Estate and forward looking Rationalists and those that know History are now at the point of more or less of just sitting on the side-lined beach building sandcastles on shifting sands while these populists and their henchpeople at the same trough are swimming and dog-paddling behind as Trump I(Putin - Erdogan, Netanyahu etc ) comfortably ride powerful waves and swells of ignorance and very human edgy panicked notions and emotions wanting, nay needing and craving 'leadership' that's 'strong' and so perceived regardless of its actuality (or even promised outcomes).

It's too hard or fearful for most to genuinely comprehend outcomes in years ahead of much which many demographics and in different walks of life daily face or look ahead to. It's like populations are kiddies wanting the bedtime stories and Santa to sort out some new dawn of joy and present fucking relief.

It is same as reasonng someone who believes in God say, that person CANNOT be dissuaded from their path or that belief just as the opposing athiest cannot: it's too key to their ontological identity, selfhood.

It takes apostasy or major breakdown to shift either mindset in any meaningful way, if at all, or it only abates and slightly evolves for (ontologic) survival.

Reality is worldwide its become a cultural turf war swirling around (economic) livelihoods for individuals rich and poor together alongside organisations, countries and corporate behemoths with those very same concerns.

2020 or 2024 if we're talking just USA won't really shift that anyway is my take.

It's like post WW1/ WWW2/ Glasnost and now say, loss of NATO or EC and traditional alliances are all now shifting and morphing up for grabs once again. Who knows where we'll end up at this point?

Trumpians and anyone following on from 2020/2024 will STILL be surfing that.

TL: DR we're kinda fucked, and the only thing knitting us together are at least the structural checks and balances of nation states in place (and only some countries).

by Anonymousreply 41April 11, 2019 1:27 AM

"This is a vast state, it’s a vast area. You look at it, the state’s tremendous,” said Trump, who seemed genuinely stunned that Texas occupied a large land area. “I come from New York. You have Fifth Avenue and that connects you to Park Avenue, its not too far away, but this is hundreds of miles between places.”

by Anonymousreply 42April 11, 2019 1:33 AM

^ Huh?

by Anonymousreply 43April 11, 2019 1:33 AM

The huh was meant for R41

by Anonymousreply 44April 11, 2019 1:34 AM

If only had a dime for every time you were blocked, R7. Bye bye.

by Anonymousreply 45April 11, 2019 1:34 AM

[quote] R37: There won't be any debates. He'll claim they're rigged by the Dems or the fake news media and refuse to participate.

Then you give the entire hour or 3 hours to the Democrat to speak and answer questions.

by Anonymousreply 46April 11, 2019 1:36 AM

"They’re very expensive fences, but they don’t want to go through the process of going through the fences, so, again, they wait until the fence is open, the gate is open. They wait at the gate and they kill people,” said Trump. “They want to take the truck, a lot of times they don’t even want to go to the house, they want to steal the truck. So you always go to the gate in doubles. It’s been going on for many years, it’s coming up, I’m bringing it out,” Trump continued. “And these people are coming into our country, some are dying during the walk. Many of those people I’ll bet are very good people, but some are dying during the walk. Many, many have died. That is what surprised me.”

“Okay, you’ve been watching the president down there in Texas,” said host Dana Perino cutting back to the studio.

by Anonymousreply 47April 11, 2019 1:37 AM

R41 is clearly having his own series of mini strokes.

by Anonymousreply 48April 11, 2019 1:40 AM

Dementia

Dementia

Dementia

by Anonymousreply 49April 11, 2019 1:41 AM

R43/44 -yes *maybe* I veered into incoherence myself there? But I read R5 and agree. I DO thank, in a way, at this point, even amid an onstage Debates stroke out, that Trump IS irrelevant.

There's more at play and it's not just reflectected by the present state of US politics - it's elsewhere in the world now. That populism so sneered at has real currency at this point;. it's being seized upon and in some countries now exploited quite deliberately and skilfully.

Call me ignorant myself if you wish, but I feel like what I said at R41 has grounds.

by Anonymousreply 50April 11, 2019 1:48 AM

Hopefully if he has a major stroke it's just before the election.

by Anonymousreply 51April 11, 2019 1:50 AM

^^ oh dear my phone txt certainly had strokes of incoherence with monkey thumbs anyways.

by Anonymousreply 52April 11, 2019 1:51 AM

Somebody's GOT to do the mercy killing.

by Anonymousreply 53April 11, 2019 1:52 AM

It's better than veering into incontinence!

by Anonymousreply 54April 11, 2019 1:53 AM

Hell, I’d be satisfied if his limo veered off a cliff.

by Anonymousreply 55April 11, 2019 1:55 AM

It could be like a soap opera ... one unexpected plunge down some stairs at the White House. Or an elevator freefalling at Trump Tower.

by Anonymousreply 56April 11, 2019 1:57 AM

He is terrifying, and the crazy fucking republicans who are protecting him and profiting off of his horrible, racist agenda are terrifying. I feel hopeless and worried about his impact on our country. Something has to stick. He seems to get away with crazy shit.

by Anonymousreply 57April 11, 2019 2:00 AM

So like he needs someone to speak for him, so like that's why I'm like gonna be a lawyer and all, right? I've already been under his desk, so I'm like totally Kwalafied!

by Anonymousreply 58April 11, 2019 2:00 AM

But but but Trump won’t be any worse than KILLARY as president!

by Anonymousreply 59April 11, 2019 2:09 AM

Disappointed in Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 60April 11, 2019 2:12 AM

Me too. I don't know what I was expecting but I feel depressed and let down. We need a hero, a whistle blower, somebody who can deliver truth, but even then, his idiot base will stay with him.

by Anonymousreply 61April 11, 2019 2:20 AM

Ministrokes my ass. DRUGS.

by Anonymousreply 62April 11, 2019 2:20 AM

Mini-strokes are also known as TIAs (transient ischemic attacks)--the beginnings of a kind of dementia called vascular dementia. My mother died of that after 7 years. Doesn't necessarily lead to stroking out, just progressive loss of functions--she broke her ankle and never got out of the wheelchair, just forgot how to walk. It seems like he's going downhill pretty fast mentally. Getting even more unreal folks...

by Anonymousreply 63April 11, 2019 2:30 AM

Did this happen at the 'closed door' fundraiser, to which, presumably, Fox News only was invited to cover? No other reports seem to have surfaces on this. Have we become inured to his behaviour?

by Anonymousreply 64April 11, 2019 2:40 AM

He’s getting fatter and more puffy in the face too. Looking and sounding more unhealthy all the time.

by Anonymousreply 65April 11, 2019 2:41 AM

I thought he had that vacant look that very old people get. I mean, 80 or 90 year olds.

Technically, he’s old enough to go anytime. He just needs a little push.

by Anonymousreply 66April 11, 2019 2:45 AM

r56: You mean like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 11, 2019 2:47 AM

He needs to be given a fucking great shove! Wary of saying this, but I'm surprised there have been no reported attempts on his life.

by Anonymousreply 68April 11, 2019 2:48 AM

Wonder if we'll get a Stalin scenario.

(papa Joe was found one morning on the floor having had a massive stroke overnight, but still alive. The guards closed his bedroom door, locked the door and didn't come back until three days later.)

by Anonymousreply 69April 11, 2019 2:50 AM

I actually can actually grasp some of what R41 is stating and yes things have been globally set into motion a post -Trumpian political arena that will be difficult to unravel.

by Anonymousreply 70April 11, 2019 2:52 AM

Tony Schwartz posted this on Twitter a little while ago:

[quote]Trump will do anything & everything possible to command dictatorial and authoritarian powers comparable to Putin and Kim Jong-Un. He will stop at nothing if he thinks he can get away with it. He will do anything to prevail. We are at unimaginable risk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 11, 2019 2:54 AM

The Death of Stalin was a great film. Crazy funny and true!

by Anonymousreply 72April 11, 2019 2:54 AM

The Death of Trump

by Anonymousreply 73April 11, 2019 2:57 AM

He just said this about Brexit. He clearly has no idea what's going on. Imagine how many times Merkel has tried to explain it to him.

[quote] Too bad that the European Union is being so tough on the United Kingdom and Brexit. The E.U. is likewise a brutal trading partner with the United States, which will change. Sometimes in life you have to let people breathe before it all comes back to bite you!

by Anonymousreply 74April 11, 2019 3:00 AM

Yes R72, LOVED that film.

by Anonymousreply 75April 11, 2019 3:11 AM

[quote]“I come from New York. You have Fifth Avenue and that connects you to Park Avenue, it's not too far away...."

I come from New York too and Fifth Avenue does NOT connect you to Park Avenue. They run parallel!

by Anonymousreply 76April 11, 2019 3:28 AM

Trump is not the issue. He could not do jack shit if the fucking fascist republicans stopped him. McConnell, koch bros, et al are using him to destroy democracy.

by Anonymousreply 77April 11, 2019 3:31 AM

[quote]come from New York too and Fifth Avenue does NOT connect you to Park Avenue. They run parallel!

I know right? There are so many fascinating tiers to his idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 78April 11, 2019 3:36 AM

I thought maybe they changed the street grid in Manhattan since I moved to the west coast.

by Anonymousreply 79April 11, 2019 3:38 AM

SMOCKING!

by Anonymousreply 80April 11, 2019 3:44 AM

Exactly, r77. Every day I hate the Republicans more.

by Anonymousreply 81April 11, 2019 3:48 AM

Thoughts & prayers.

by Anonymousreply 82April 11, 2019 4:03 AM

I would be scared of the border if I lived in San Antonio as well. It’s only a 150 miles away. So close. 😂

by Anonymousreply 83April 11, 2019 4:12 AM

I bet SHE is loving this!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 11, 2019 4:26 AM

That reminds me of MIss Candace Owens trying to use biggity words in Congress yesterday after Ted Lieu read her to filth, and she was just imprecise to the point of incoherence.

by Anonymousreply 85April 11, 2019 4:59 AM

He's the only thing keeping us from President Pence.

by Anonymousreply 86April 11, 2019 5:02 AM

[quote]Trump is not the issue. He could not do jack shit if the fucking fascist republicans stopped him.

Yup.

Carl Bernstein has made this observation several times during the CNN panels this year.

He said that compared to the Republican Party he covered in the 1970's during the Nixon-Watergate era, there are far fewer Republicans today who are willing to hold the President to account.

by Anonymousreply 87April 11, 2019 5:13 AM

He’s makes perfect sense, snowflakes! He’s saying it like it is. We all get to hide our taxes and vomit adultery as long as we do it in public

by Anonymousreply 88April 11, 2019 5:28 AM

Thanks R70!

I admit my elder gen frustrion was showing and overwrought and came off rather cray cray fer sure.

*You however more eloquently expressed my general gist. 🍸

by Anonymousreply 89April 11, 2019 5:43 AM

He's a clone.. breaking down.

by Anonymousreply 90April 11, 2019 5:43 AM

I think it's just your terrible writing, R41.

by Anonymousreply 91April 11, 2019 5:54 AM

Didn't these signs of dementia start when he had to be lead back to his limo because he started wandering off in a different direction?

by Anonymousreply 92April 11, 2019 8:08 AM

R22 He won't debate anyone. I remember stories in '16 about how much he hated it, hated the prep & memorizing facts. And given how much we know about his shenanigans now that we didn't know then, he won't subject himself to tough questions and accusations.

He has to know he's slipping. He won't want to look like a complete fool.

by Anonymousreply 93April 11, 2019 8:24 AM

Maybe R41 is stroking out.

by Anonymousreply 94April 11, 2019 8:46 AM

As I recall, Trump never really referenced facts in the debates. He was all bluster, and nothing else. He made up names for people, invented accusations, interrupted, complained, bragged, expressed anger, but there was no substance.

Nancy recently said it was impossible to negotiate over the recent budget/shutdown, because you need to have a set of agreed-upon facts on which to build, and she implied that Trump simply was not thinking rationally. Plus, Trump has a negotiating tactic of getting to a certain point, and then taking two steps back and revisiting settled matters. He simply wears-down the opposition in the hopes that they concede additionally out of exhaustion. Hitler used the same tactic when negotiating over the Sudetenland.

He’s hard to debate because he doesn’t care how ignorant he is, and his base considers discussion using “facts” to be unfair “gotcha” questions.

by Anonymousreply 95April 11, 2019 1:04 PM

Is that what we are calling narcarssistic personality disorders.

by Anonymousreply 96April 11, 2019 1:13 PM

Who is everyone kidding. He will debate, because it's his moment in front of a national audience. To not do so would seem like a defeat. He will insult, spew untruths and upstage anyone on stage with him. And the "liberal media" will let him get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 97April 11, 2019 1:25 PM

Agree, R97. They'll gleefully cover every insult and lie and talk of NOTHING but him until he's re-elected. Oh, I suppose they might throw in a few terrible things to say about the front runner who opposes him, but most of what they'll report on will be Trump, Trump and more Trump.

by Anonymousreply 98April 11, 2019 1:58 PM

If Trump can't or won't run in 2020 (health reasons, primaried, decides to resign and claim himself winner of everything) we may be incredibly screwed.

There are a lot of independents and old-fashioned Republicans who won't vote for Trump but WILL vote for Pence or some other "moderate" Republican who is really just another figurehead willing to push the country as far right as possible.

by Anonymousreply 99April 11, 2019 2:37 PM

R92, when we had that period of a few weeks where Trump was wandering off stage and past his own limo, I noticed it all of a sudden stopped getting reported on. I really feel like the media decided to stop pursuing that and start covering for him.

by Anonymousreply 100April 11, 2019 2:41 PM

r99 I HIGHLY doubt the RNC will let him be primaried

by Anonymousreply 101April 11, 2019 2:47 PM

The clip of his incoherence is seriously disturbing. Has it been widely discussed on other news outlets? Because they should be running this daily and White House press should persistently ask about it.

by Anonymousreply 102April 11, 2019 3:28 PM

Smoke and mirrors...while he rambles, Mitch and his minions plot.

by Anonymousreply 103April 11, 2019 3:50 PM

I think the media props him up to an extent because he’s more profitable as a viable villain.

by Anonymousreply 104April 11, 2019 4:07 PM

I hate Trump with the heat of a million suns but after watching the video, I thought it was no big deal.

Stronger stuff will be needed to take him down in 2020 or before.

by Anonymousreply 105April 11, 2019 4:09 PM

R103, not to detrail the thread, but I watched Jay Inslee on CNN last night. He said the same thing. As long as McConnell is in control, it doesn't matter who the president is in 2020.

I don't care about trumps health. I hope he's in pain and I hope he suffers.

by Anonymousreply 106April 11, 2019 4:15 PM

The best King / president is the idiot King / president. The real power lies in the hands of his advisors, and the hidden owners of those advisors.

by Anonymousreply 107April 11, 2019 4:18 PM

Agreed, r107. Trump is the new Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 108April 11, 2019 4:20 PM

JOHN KERRY for President. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 109April 11, 2019 7:09 PM

more Kerry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 11, 2019 7:10 PM

POLITICO link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111April 11, 2019 7:11 PM

Kerry came to the campus where I work 2 or 3 years ago and spoke. He should have been president years ago and I would vote for him again without hesitation.

by Anonymousreply 112April 11, 2019 7:18 PM

I despised Reagan, but even he looks ok in comparison with the great orange shitstsin. Even demented/eaten up with Alzheimer's, he's better than Chump. When George W Bush seems intelligent when compared with someone, they have a very sad state of affairs! It would be hilarious if it wasn't so fucking tragic!

by Anonymousreply 113April 11, 2019 7:21 PM

Is this the Official Stroke Prayer Circle? Please add to the membership.

by Anonymousreply 114April 11, 2019 7:22 PM

*me.

by Anonymousreply 115April 11, 2019 7:23 PM

I like my candidates heroic, smart and dull. I do not need or seek charisma. I also think Kerry has very little time for bullshit. He's a mensch.

by Anonymousreply 116April 11, 2019 7:40 PM

His wife is bitchy but at this point I don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 117April 11, 2019 7:42 PM

Love Kerry but NOPE.

by Anonymousreply 118April 11, 2019 8:11 PM

[quote] Love Kerry but NOPE.

Because...?

by Anonymousreply 119April 11, 2019 8:12 PM

I heard Kerry’s wife has dementia, so she’s out of play.

by Anonymousreply 120April 11, 2019 8:12 PM

That guy who challenged Kerry was seriously stupid.

by Anonymousreply 121April 11, 2019 8:13 PM

Saw clips of Trump speaking yesterday on MSNBC last night (Wed, April 10) and he seemed lucid enough, normal Trump speak. Maybe his ravings are connected to occasional ODs of whatever shit he's taking--Adderall, etc. Not to say that he isn't likely in beginning stages of dementia--but BS like him saying father born in Germany and oranges/origins, could also be just one of his distraction tricks. Scaramucci said last week that Trump liked lying because "it was fun." Hard to know what to believe. Just want him gone.

by Anonymousreply 122April 11, 2019 8:20 PM

R119, too old. Past his time and prime. I voted for him of course. And respect him greatly.

by Anonymousreply 123April 11, 2019 8:24 PM

I really think it's something going on with his dentures. I think it reads incoherent because he's probably concentrating so hard on keeping his teeth in his head, he fumbles his words. He really is a pathetic asshole.

by Anonymousreply 124April 11, 2019 8:24 PM

[quote] [R119], too old. Past his time and prime. I voted for him of course. And respect him greatly.

And who do you support for the nominee, then?

by Anonymousreply 125April 11, 2019 8:29 PM

Sadly, if you Google 'Trump' and 'incoherent' you'll see that yesterday's jumble of idiotic nonsense was nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 126April 11, 2019 8:38 PM

I’m also thinking that he won’t debate in 2020 with the Dems. Any of the candidates could kick his ass in a debate so he’ll make up some reason why debates are bad and not participate.

by Anonymousreply 127April 11, 2019 8:51 PM

It's ritalin / adderal abuse. Wrong dosage for a wrong amount of time, it makes you confused in your speech.

by Anonymousreply 128April 11, 2019 9:04 PM

R127, Hillary kicked his ass in the debates, so I doubt that's something he worries about. The problem is the press sets the bar so low for him (and he knows it) that he'll get good coverage for a bad performance. So, I can totally see him continue to do debates.

by Anonymousreply 129April 11, 2019 9:07 PM

R125, I’m open to hearing more about the rest — of which there are zillion, I know. NOT a Bernie or Gabbard fan. Of course if Kerry were the nominee, I would support. Perhaps he’d be a good VP also (like Biden was).

by Anonymousreply 130April 11, 2019 9:07 PM

Wtf are the democrats doing letting this toxic fool stay in office? This infuriates me even more than the toxic toadstool.

by Anonymousreply 131April 11, 2019 9:23 PM

[quote] Wtf are the democrats doing letting this toxic fool stay in office?

What exactly do you think they can do?

by Anonymousreply 132April 11, 2019 9:24 PM

Exactly R132. R131 is almost as stupid as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 133April 11, 2019 9:32 PM

[quote] Today: Wikileaks is not my thing. -DJT

“Not my thing”? Mr. articulate again explains in such a general, vague way, that this might mean anything.

by Anonymousreply 134April 11, 2019 11:17 PM

"I love Wikileaks!" DJT, 2016 more than once.

by Anonymousreply 135April 11, 2019 11:44 PM

R135: 145 times, to be more precise.

by Anonymousreply 136April 11, 2019 11:47 PM

Maybe he’ll forget who it is and just go to Russia. Uncle flag probably has a cinderblock hotel for him to stay at with some padded walls.

by Anonymousreply 137April 12, 2019 1:58 AM

[quote]Kerry came to the campus where I work 2 or 3 years ago and spoke. He should have been president years ago and I would vote for him again without hesitation.

Kerry obviously deserved to become President over Bush in 2004. American voters were very foolish to choose Bush over Kerry.

But Kerry is 75 now and it would also be very unusual for a Presidential nominee to run again 15 years after he ran the first time.

by Anonymousreply 138April 12, 2019 2:08 AM

For me, 2004 rivals 2016 as far as incredible disappointment and sorrow regarding the presidential race. Kerry is perhaps THE most qualified individual on the planet to hold the office of President. What the Republicans did to Kerry was an abomination. In fact I need a new word for abomination to reflect the despicable, dirty, disgusting race Bush and Karl Rove ran. May Karl Rove Roy in eternity when he reaches his maker.

by Anonymousreply 139April 12, 2019 2:21 AM

^ May Karl Rove ROT...

by Anonymousreply 140April 12, 2019 2:22 AM

Donald's father died of dementia.

Just want to put that out there

by Anonymousreply 141April 12, 2019 2:23 AM

It has been asserted that Trump has signs of some degree of an early stage of dementia, constituting an inability to consistently remember facts, or respond appropriately to circumstances of his surroundings. Setting the Goldwater rule aside, Charles Pierce's commentary of Trump's Rose Garden speech on February 15, 2019 describes an example of organic brain disease.In addition, he has claimed erroneously that his father was born in Germany, and stumbled repeatedly over the word "origins" in an interview, until he settled without correcting himself on "oranges". An MRI study of the president's brain would be definitive in establishing a diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 142April 12, 2019 2:24 AM

Interesting... a lot of people point out the longevity of Dump’s father, but what if he (dump’s father) was like Reagan and got dementia much earlier. Reagan had dementia for years—didn’t he die in his 90s?

by Anonymousreply 143April 12, 2019 2:25 AM

It’s not called the long goodbye for nothing r143.

by Anonymousreply 144April 12, 2019 2:28 AM

His father died at age 93. His mother at age 88.

His father suffered from Alzheimers for the last six years of his life.

by Anonymousreply 145April 12, 2019 2:28 AM

But unfortunately Trump has longevity on both sides of his family, R145. So he may be around for quite a while yet.

by Anonymousreply 146April 12, 2019 2:30 AM

R145, that’s the public story, right? What if the private story was different? What if he had signs in his 70s? We’ll never know I guess.

by Anonymousreply 147April 12, 2019 2:30 AM

Memory loss is the symptom most closely associated with Alzheimer’s. While Trump famously forgets the names of people (as he did recently when he called Apple CEO Tim Cook “Tim Apple”) and places (as when he called Paradise, California, “Pleasure”), one could make allowances for such gaffes. More troubling, Michael Wolff reported in "Fire and Fury" that at the end of 2017, Trump failed to recognize "a succession of old friends" at Mar-a-Lago.

Trump, 72, seemed to hit a new inflection point last week when he said, “My father is German. Right? Was German. And born in a very wonderful place in Germany.” In fact, his father was born in the Bronx and it was his grandfather who was from Germany.

Dementia Care International says a "person may start to mix up relationships and generations” in the second stage of dementia.

by Anonymousreply 148April 12, 2019 2:30 AM

[quote]For me, 2004 rivals 2016 as far as incredible disappointment and sorrow regarding the presidential race.

Agreed, R139.

The result of the 2004 election was appalling.

It accelerated America's decline at home & abroad. Obama helped restore the U.S. for a while, but now Trump & the GOP are accelerating America's decline again.

by Anonymousreply 149April 12, 2019 2:32 AM

R146- But were Trump's parents both obese? You can have parents who live long lives but if you're obese and decide that KFC is one of the 4 major food groups, I don't think good genes are going to help you very much.

There's definitely something mentally wrong with him. When they were signing the new NAFTA, Trudeau had to show him where to sign and he seemed totally confused about what to do. He's had too many episodes like that.

by Anonymousreply 150April 12, 2019 4:42 AM

R150, I don't know what effect the obesity will have on Trump.

But keep in mind that as President, Trump has the best medical care available. That's one of the reasons why the last 4 or 5 Presidents and the last 4 or 5 First Ladies have lived into their 90's.

by Anonymousreply 151April 12, 2019 4:52 AM

I hate him and will curse the assholes who voted for him for the rest of my life.

by Anonymousreply 152April 12, 2019 4:56 AM

R151- Yes, but isn't it kind of different with Trump? I could see the best medical care helping him if he was on board with following doctor's advice but I find it hard to believe that a qualified doctor didn't tell him he had to change his diet and lose weight--would he have said "Okay, give me a diet plan and I'll follow it" or "Fuck you, I'll eat what I damn well please". When a team is invited to the WH and Trump decides to lay out a table full of hamburgers and fries, it's kind of obvious what his mindset is about healthy eating.

Or it could be that doctors already realize what they're up against and they simply tell him what he wants to hear.

by Anonymousreply 153April 12, 2019 5:03 AM

He's 6'3" and 230 pounds. He is a stable genus with the best words. He's sending out coded messages to his Quan(?) supporters. He has to send the messages like this to bypass the deep state.

We are owning the libtards, guys!!!! We are winning.

by Anonymousreply 154April 12, 2019 5:16 AM

R152, but isn't that what Trump wants? He wants people to hate him. He wants us to consume our energies with our anger towards him.

He likes to trigger what political scientists call "anger points". It benefits him when we pull our hair out over him every day.

by Anonymousreply 155April 12, 2019 5:37 AM

Look I loathe the orang shitstain but I doubt anyone is “tearing their hair out over him”.

by Anonymousreply 156April 12, 2019 2:36 PM

R154, sad isn't it, that the "libtards" would do more to make America great than trump ever could. Thanks to Fox news and all the other lying propagandists who con the base, we're losing our democracy.

by Anonymousreply 157April 12, 2019 4:16 PM

I blame reality television. ALL REALITY TELEVISION. Because, it is not real.

by Anonymousreply 158April 12, 2019 4:27 PM

How can you enjoy eating the same shit food for 70 years? A hamburger and fries is fine, but eating them every day? 🤮

by Anonymousreply 159April 12, 2019 4:36 PM

Not to mention that the Adderall or diet pills or whatever low-grade/primo speed he's on plays havoc with blood pressure.

by Anonymousreply 160April 12, 2019 7:31 PM

He's 70 years old and obese. He never exercises - golfing hardly counts. He eats crap food. His body doesn't care if he's President or not. The odds are high that he's going to end up with some kind of catastrophic health problem.

by Anonymousreply 161April 12, 2019 11:29 PM

Oh honey. To get the best medical care in the world you have to let the doctor examine you. You seriously think he's getting a real, straightforward medical examination?

The last two doctors were pill pushers.

by Anonymousreply 162April 12, 2019 11:32 PM

The fact that his sorry ass survives on McDonalds, 2 scoops of ice cream a night, KFC, along with snorting lines of adderall, is a testament to his complete worthlessness. The devil protects his own.

by Anonymousreply 163April 13, 2019 10:42 AM

I saw a clip of him talking with Ivanka standing behind him the other day. She looked terrified, like he might act up at any minute.

I bet he ends up grabbing her implants in public at some point and calls her Ivana. It’s that generational mixup thing. My dad used to confuse my mom with my sister towards the end. He wondered why my sister (mom, in reality) had him trapped in his own home and she wouldn’t leave.

by Anonymousreply 164April 13, 2019 5:09 PM

Trump really looks like he’s having a TIA here. Look at his face. He was supposed to stay put for pictures, but stumbled off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 13, 2019 5:17 PM

He won't just grab Ivanka's implants, he'll start suckling...That's probably how they get him to log off Twitter, and to go to bed every night

by Anonymousreply 166April 13, 2019 5:53 PM

Stop whining, you liberal snowflakes, incoherence is the new normal.

by Anonymousreply 167April 13, 2019 5:56 PM

Yeah, R165, I saw that and noticed at the time, too. I think you’re right.

by Anonymousreply 168April 13, 2019 7:05 PM

[quote]When they were signing the new NAFTA, Trudeau had to show him where to sign and he seemed totally confused about what to do.

R150, do we have a link to the video of Trudeau showing Trump where to sign?

by Anonymousreply 169April 13, 2019 8:24 PM

Teump's been calling Ivanka "baby" at cabinet meetings. I can only wonder if she's ever had to change daddy's adult diaper during one.

by Anonymousreply 170April 13, 2019 8:35 PM

Oh please please please please please....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 13, 2019 8:53 PM

This line is PRICELESS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 13, 2019 9:16 PM

Oops, mini stroke me - forgot to post the line!

“I come from New York. You have Fifth Avenue and that connects you to Park Avenue, its not too far away, but this is hundreds of miles between places.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 13, 2019 9:17 PM

[quote] R169: When they were signing the new NAFTA, Trudeau had to show him where to sign and he seemed totally confused about what to do.

No link, but I saw that, too. Though, what I saw was that Trump signed on the wrong line. Trump said something about being lucky there were three copies, and Trudeau told Trump something like “we each get a copy”., with contempt in his voice.

There’s been no effort to bring that treaty to the senate to be ratified, has there? Everybody is probably hoping it dies quietly.

I think everybody agrees the treaty needs to be tweaked, as itis 20 years later, but nobody wants the baby-in-charge to have anything to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 174April 13, 2019 9:43 PM

Trump is the same now as he was during the 2016 campaign. The only difference is that we hear his crazy shit all the time.

by Anonymousreply 175April 13, 2019 9:50 PM

I’m really upset about the Attorney General intent on investigating the alleged spying on Trump’s campaign. They can’t investigate things just because Trump, without evidence, makes an allegation.

by Anonymousreply 176April 13, 2019 10:36 PM

[quote]No link, but I saw that, too. Though, what I saw was that Trump signed on the wrong line. Trump said something about being lucky there were three copies, and Trudeau told Trump something like “we each get a copy”., with contempt in his voice.

I think the thing with Trump is that sometimes it's difficult to know whether these things are as a result of a mental decline like dementia, or whether it's because he had no prior experience in government so he doesn't really understand what is going on.

He spent his life as a sleazy businessman, tabloid celebrity and reality t.v. star.

by Anonymousreply 177April 13, 2019 11:24 PM

He gets that weird blank look on his face in R165’s clip too. Reminds me of my mom’s when she was in the middle stages of dementia.

by Anonymousreply 178April 13, 2019 11:30 PM

Other than become a democrat, I don’t think he can do anything that his followers wouldn’t forgive. ANYTHING!

by Anonymousreply 179April 13, 2019 11:50 PM

Yup, R179. And he knows that, too.

He's known it since 3 years ago during the GOP primaries when he made that infamous comment about being able to shoot someone on Fifth Avenue.

by Anonymousreply 180April 13, 2019 11:53 PM

[quote]I bet he ends up grabbing her implants in public at some point

brutal, r164!

by Anonymousreply 181April 14, 2019 12:19 AM

Trump reveals his incestuous desires for Ivanka on 'The View':

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182April 14, 2019 12:21 AM

[quote]-but BS like him saying father born in Germany and oranges/origins, could also be just one of his distraction tricks. Scaramucci said last week that Trump liked lying because "it was fun." Hard to know what to believe.

I usually mute the TV when he's speaking, but I made a point of watching Rachel Maddow that night because she led off with the story. Both of my parents had/have dementia (dad with Parkinson's related dementia and mom with Alzheimer's) and I recognized that unmistakable look of confusion and knowing something is amiss, but not knowing how to correct it. His voice even wavered the second or third time he said "oranges"

by Anonymousreply 183April 14, 2019 12:26 AM

He has the uncanny ability to appear competent and in control no matter what. His voice is commanding and monotone, and people are like, "Well, I guess he knows what he's doing- he's a genius billionaire". When reports are that behind the scenes it's chaos, punctuated by tantrums and shouting matches.

If he was on the Titanic he'd convince people to go back to bed: help is on the way.

by Anonymousreply 184April 14, 2019 12:33 AM

FIFY:

[quote]If he was on the Titanic he'd convince people to go back to bed: help is on the way so he could get a lifeboat for himself.

by Anonymousreply 185April 14, 2019 12:39 AM

[quote]He has the uncanny ability to appear competent and in control no matter what. His voice is commanding and monotone

Yup. This is part of the problem. He knows how to use his size & presence to dominate the space.

I've been reading Hillary Clinton's book, "What Happened", and when she reviewed the debates she had with Trump, she admitted he knows how to upstage people. He takes over the space, uses his body language and other antics to get away with it.

Eg. during the debate when he was creeping around behind Hillary while she spoke to a voter.

by Anonymousreply 186April 14, 2019 12:40 AM

If you use your eyes to see and ears to hear you quickly realize he is nothing but a fucking fraud ffs.

by Anonymousreply 187April 14, 2019 12:43 AM

Interesting about him using his size and knowing how to take up space. Maybe that is why his body language was so striking when he came out with Putin in Helsinki. He seemed completely cowed.

by Anonymousreply 188April 14, 2019 1:34 AM

Trump just issued the words "We hereby demand” in his latest tweet.

Who does Trump think he is? Queen Elizabeth I?

by Anonymousreply 189April 14, 2019 2:28 AM

Chris Cillizza CNN:

[quote]“We hereby demand” — The President of the United States

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 14, 2019 2:29 AM

[quote]I bet he ends up grabbing her implants in public at some point

To be totally fair he did pay for them, so.

by Anonymousreply 191April 14, 2019 2:35 AM

Jared married Ivanka so he could wear her clothes when she's not around. They're the same size.

by Anonymousreply 192April 14, 2019 2:39 AM

Is that why Ivanka would rather fuck Justin Trudeau, R192?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193April 14, 2019 2:44 AM

[quote]Who does Trump think he is? Queen Elizabeth I?

Sara Sanders talked about everything Trump had done during his "reign" within the last week or two. They are not even pretending to play by the rules anymore. Trump now openly talks about Don Jr. being involved with politics. No surprise, they completely thumb their nose at the limits to their power and ignore things they said earlier or lie about it.

by Anonymousreply 194April 14, 2019 2:47 AM

[quote]I recognized that unmistakable look of confusion and knowing something is amiss, but not knowing how to correct it.

Absolutely. My dad gave me those looks when he was explaining an episode of Andy Griffith like it was a local crime story he saw on the news. He was moving in and out of a mental fog.

by Anonymousreply 195April 14, 2019 7:46 PM

The problem with old folks is the dementia creates frustration and fear, and that panic manifests itself negatively, especially in someone as vile as Trump. I think that like drinking, it exacerbates behavior that a sober person can control. Trump didn’t give a fuck before, so I seriously doubt it will get better. Can’t wait to watch his inevitable decline. He’s earned every moment of suffering for all the pain and chaos he has fomented.

My grandmother is just mean and vindictive, and that has only increased with age and declining health. She was recently in the hospital, so I sent flowers and wished her a Happy Easter and a speedy recovery. But there is no way in hell I am calling her.

by Anonymousreply 196April 14, 2019 8:49 PM

The thing that stands out to me is how he will focus on a word and repeat that word over and over again or repeat the same phrase a number of times in a short period of time.

by Anonymousreply 197April 14, 2019 9:21 PM

[quote]I think that like drinking, it exacerbates behavior that a sober person can control.

This is absolutely correct.

When I was talking to my doctor recently about advice on how to deal with my grandparents' dementia, he told me the same thing. Having dementia often increases and intensifies a person's preexisting personality traits.

by Anonymousreply 198April 14, 2019 10:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!