Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kim Kardashian taking bar exam in 2022

Kim Kardashian wants to take the law into her own hands ... by becoming an attorney, and she's aiming to get it done within 3 years.

Kim revealed her legal aspirations -- saying she's actively studying to be a lawyer -- in a Vogue profile. She's not attending a law school, but she does have a master plan to he says her plan to take the bar exam by 2022.

In order to prepare for that, she has begun a 4-year apprenticeship at a San Francisco-based law firm ... which she got started last summer with support and consulting from Van Jones and attorney Jessica Jackson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111April 17, 2019 4:32 PM

So you don’t need a 4 year degree to get into law school in California? Strange

by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2019 4:40 PM

Liiiike, OBJUCSHUUUUN YER HONUUUUUR

by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2019 4:42 PM

Vogue interview where she talks about it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2019 4:42 PM

What a dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2019 4:44 PM

Maybe her billionaire sister can hire her.

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2019 4:50 PM

Talking loud and sayin nothin.

by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2019 4:52 PM

First she needs to learn to read and write.

by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2019 4:57 PM

"I’m calling it now...she’ll be the first female president in 2024"

No, she will not be the first woman president in 2024. I will be.

by Anonymousreply 8April 10, 2019 4:58 PM

You know what, good for her. That would be the first thing in her life that she doesn’t accomplish with her ass, butt, or vagina!

by Anonymousreply 9April 10, 2019 5:00 PM

How freaking depressing.

by Anonymousreply 10April 10, 2019 5:03 PM

[quote]She's not attending a law school, but she does have a master plan to he says her plan to take the bar exam by 2022.

You can be a lawyer without going to law school?

by Anonymousreply 11April 10, 2019 5:04 PM

So what will her USC scandal be? Just Who and How much will she pay off to pass the Bar Exam? Please. This Bitch can't cross a T or dot an I without someone holding the pencil in her hand.

by Anonymousreply 12April 10, 2019 5:07 PM

R12 Ha, was just thinking that. USC is probably going to want to stay farrrrr away from this

by Anonymousreply 13April 10, 2019 5:08 PM

Ho makes her millions from cock sucking videos now wants to be taken seriously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 10, 2019 5:21 PM

Yes, in California and a few other states you can become a lawyer without going to law school. But she will never pass the Bar.

by Anonymousreply 15April 10, 2019 5:25 PM

California is one of 4 states that allows you to take the exam without a degree from an ACCREDITED school. You can get a degree from a non-accredited school (aka diploma mill) and take the exam OR you may study under a judge or practicing attorney for an "extended period of time." Basically you learn as with an apprenticeship.

However, as a practicing attorney, I will be ashamed for my profession if this idiot is sworn into the CA bar.

by Anonymousreply 16April 10, 2019 5:27 PM

The whole clan is nasty. I never watch their show.

by Anonymousreply 17April 10, 2019 5:27 PM

She is a dead-eyed sociopath. Screw her and her trash family. And fuck you if you follow them on social media or watch their show. Seriously, FUCK YOU.

by Anonymousreply 18April 10, 2019 5:29 PM

Not President in 2024 but Trump will surely appoint her to the Supreme Court where her first act will be to rewrite the robe code

by Anonymousreply 19April 10, 2019 5:32 PM

A rich person can buy their way in ? Who’d have thought ?

by Anonymousreply 20April 10, 2019 5:36 PM

Same r18.

by Anonymousreply 21April 10, 2019 5:39 PM

Her sister Khloe won some award and said' l'd like to thank my sister Kim for f***ing on tape.'

by Anonymousreply 22April 10, 2019 5:48 PM

California, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington.

Those are the states where anyone who passes the bar can practice law.

by Anonymousreply 23April 10, 2019 5:49 PM

It would be funny if they changed the law because of this.

by Anonymousreply 24April 10, 2019 5:52 PM

April Fools!

by Anonymousreply 25April 10, 2019 5:55 PM

She needs an occasion to wear a tie and carry a briefcase.

by Anonymousreply 26April 10, 2019 5:58 PM

I have nothing to do with people who follow the Kartrashians on SM or watch their trash show. You can tell a lot about a person by the people they follow and the company they keep. Lawyer. Who the hell would be stupid enough to hire her to represent them. She is delusional.

Some bs with her latest news update often appears in news feeds and as of lately she has apparently spoken out about her husband's bi-polar disorder, which he may have. I don't know or care. They are both mental cases. But whether or not he is actually BP, he's a sociopath. For that reason her husband Kanye is going to mess her up and fuck up her celebrity and then make it look like "unfortunate circumstances." I think he'll be her downfall... sooner than later. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 27April 10, 2019 6:01 PM

I've already wrote a million dollar check each to Harvard, Yale and Princeton. Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 28April 10, 2019 6:04 PM

I don’t think she plans to run a law office or personally represent clients, I think it’s to help with her advocacy work so people take her seriously.

by Anonymousreply 29April 10, 2019 6:06 PM

Can you illegally pay to pass a bar exam? California has one of the hardest bar exams in the country. That’s the catch. If she’s have to pass on her own she’d never pass, no matter who she’s “studying” under.

by Anonymousreply 30April 10, 2019 6:11 PM

I'm sure her fans are telling her You go gurl!!! and Girl Power!!! oblivious and unaware she doesn't possess the intellect to pass the bar and become a lawyer. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

R29 She did help a woman get released from prison and was the driving force behind that event, even though she didn't actually represent her since she is not a lawyer. But if she is going to advocate for people/prisoners or the wrongfully accused, etc., they will still be her clients. Even if she doesn't charge them a fee.

As far as being taken seriously, normal people with a moral code don't take people like KK seriously, even if she miraculously passes the Bar, which I doubt. She will need for normal people to take her seriously. In other words, the very people she will need to take her seriously are the very people who will not.

by Anonymousreply 31April 10, 2019 6:37 PM

But does she know that the exam doesn’t take place at an actual “bar“?

by Anonymousreply 32April 10, 2019 6:41 PM

Lawyers from California don't really count though.

by Anonymousreply 33April 10, 2019 6:42 PM

R27 "I think he'll be her downfall ". How so? Are you thinking he will do something so taboo and crazy that even her fans won't be able to overlook it ?

by Anonymousreply 34April 10, 2019 6:42 PM

She can read?

by Anonymousreply 35April 10, 2019 6:45 PM

Everyone thought Kanye would be cancelled after his “Famous” video, MAGA phase and the “slavery is a choice” comment, but alas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 10, 2019 6:50 PM

This is the time the Olds say, I'm glad I'll be dead by then.

by Anonymousreply 37April 10, 2019 7:01 PM

Kanye will kill her and their kids, R27 and R34. He's fucking batshit.

by Anonymousreply 38April 10, 2019 7:07 PM

R38 Shit, could you imagine? That story would be huuuge!

by Anonymousreply 39April 10, 2019 7:09 PM

R34 I think he'll eventually destroy her. Certainly not financially, but in terms of her image. That's what sociopath partners / spouses do. And since he ticks every box for a sociopath, if he really is Bi-Polar, sociopathy + BPD is a dangerous combination. Socios conduct their evil in such a way that they don't always appear to be the guilty one and instead make it look like a series of "unfortunate circumstances" or something out of their control that just happened.

BTW, that is what I think happened to Wendy Williams. I don't watch her show and was never a fan of hers, but did feel bad that her husband damaged her image/career, as per some DL threads. But then, that's what sociopaths do. I think he was her downfall and she had turned to drugs to escape the emotional/mental abuse.

As far as KW going on a rampage and killing KK and the kids, I don't know about that, but anything is possible with a sociopath, especially if he really is also Bi-Polar. I do think he is more likely to do something to compromise their safety and also taint her image among her fans and then stand back and try to appear innocent in the whole mess he created. They are both nut cases imo, but KK should never have gotten involved with him and had his children. I can't see that marriage ending well for her or their children.

by Anonymousreply 40April 10, 2019 8:11 PM

Does she know it’s a movie, not a documentary?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 10, 2019 8:30 PM

CA has one of, if not, the hardest bars to pass. If she passes, she paid to play.

by Anonymousreply 42April 10, 2019 8:45 PM

I could help her out! Kim—call me!

by Anonymousreply 43April 10, 2019 8:46 PM

[quote]Kanye will kill her and their kids

Season 20 of Keeping up with The Kartrashians, baby!

by Anonymousreply 44April 10, 2019 8:49 PM

"The reading is what really gets me. It’s so time-consuming. The concepts I grasp in two seconds.“

Rolling my eyes do hard..... What an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 45April 10, 2019 9:41 PM

Are Vogue interviews usually that gushy? The interviewer is practically drooling over her

by Anonymousreply 46April 10, 2019 9:56 PM

Agree R40. Bipolar partners are always trouble and need all of everything in their partner's life: time, energy, love, support, attention. And that's for a childless, non-celeb couple. Eventually the needy, sucking hole of ego and misery that Kanye is will capsize the SS Kardashian. She ought to run with those kids while she's able.

by Anonymousreply 47April 10, 2019 10:23 PM

Why does she keep ending up with these dysfunctional men? Her first husband ,who she married at 19, beat and verbally abused her and West is clinically insane . Supposedly she had an excellent relationship with her father, who spoiled her rotten, but she can't seem to land a decent man. Very curious.

by Anonymousreply 48April 10, 2019 10:30 PM

America sure loves its pop-culture idiots.

by Anonymousreply 49April 10, 2019 10:43 PM

R48, maybe it’s because he spoiled her rotten. And something to do with her mother perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 50April 10, 2019 11:41 PM

R11 that is the way it was originally. People like Abraham Lincoln just did an apprenticeship with a lawyer.

And:

Today, only four states — California, Virginia, Vermont, and Washington — allow aspiring lawyers to take the bar exam without going to law school. Instead, they are given the option to apprentice with a practicing attorney or judge.J

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 10, 2019 11:46 PM

Maybe she was molested, R48?

by Anonymousreply 52April 11, 2019 12:23 AM

[quote]California, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington. Those are the states where anyone who passes the bar can practice law.

I’m really good at taking tests. So I could be a lawyer without putting in the time and money of going to school? I guess I’ll be a lawyer yet.

by Anonymousreply 53April 11, 2019 12:28 AM

Call me, Kim. I can help you get into a good law school.

by Anonymousreply 54April 11, 2019 12:28 AM

Um..like, your honor..Um..I would like to Umm... You know...Submit...some....stuff...

WHET Richen LemKul? Wasn't he going to be a lawyer?

by Anonymousreply 55April 11, 2019 12:37 AM

Does she even have an undergraduate degree?

by Anonymousreply 56April 11, 2019 1:50 AM

No r56, of course not.

by Anonymousreply 57April 11, 2019 1:59 AM

She'll still have to pass the MPRE, which is all about professional ethics. That shit might get tricky for her.

by Anonymousreply 58April 11, 2019 3:22 AM

She might have the spell the word 'Law,' without being spotted the 'L' and the 'W.' That shit might get more trickier for her.

by Anonymousreply 59April 11, 2019 3:26 AM

"Ho makes her millions from cock sucking videos now wants to be taken seriously."

I want all hung juries.

by Anonymousreply 60April 11, 2019 3:27 AM

"Kim Kardashian taking bar exam"

Thereby lowering the Bar.

by Anonymousreply 61April 11, 2019 3:29 AM

Maybe this is her way of honoring dear old Dad Robert Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 62April 11, 2019 3:29 AM

Her law firm: Vocal, Fry and Vapid

by Anonymousreply 63April 11, 2019 3:32 AM

"I’m really good at taking tests. So I could be a lawyer without putting in the time and money of going to school? I guess I’ll be a lawyer yet."

You would still have to put in the time studying and being an apprentice for several years

by Anonymousreply 64April 11, 2019 3:34 AM

Not surprised that Van Jones is involved in all of this. He's the Kanye West of political pundits--crazy, narcissistic and fame hungry.

by Anonymousreply 65April 11, 2019 3:47 AM

Not only will she have to pass the California Bar Exam, which is notoriously difficult, but as someone who is not attending an accredited law school, she will have to take an exam called "the Baby Bar" after her first year of study. The Baby Bar and the regular Bar Exam have very high failure rates. More than 50% for the Bar Exam. For those not attending an accredited law school, the failure rate is even higher. If she had any sense, she would do this quietly. Public humiliation awaits.

by Anonymousreply 66April 11, 2019 3:53 AM

Maybe she said she’s going to law school because that’s the only way Vogue would give her the solo cover?

by Anonymousreply 67April 11, 2019 4:15 AM

R66 and the CA baby bar pass rate is 20%

by Anonymousreply 68April 11, 2019 4:21 AM

If Kum dumpster passes the baby bar and/or bar it’s because she paid someone or she passed because of her fame and influence—bible!

by Anonymousreply 69April 11, 2019 4:23 AM

I went to a top ten law school, but didn't three years of law school to pass the bar. All you have to take is a bar review course like BARBRI for 1 month and study an additional month. Easy.

by Anonymousreply 70April 11, 2019 4:26 AM

sorry, meant to say "I didn't need."

by Anonymousreply 71April 11, 2019 4:27 AM

R70 did you take the California bar exam?

by Anonymousreply 72April 11, 2019 4:28 AM

Easy for you to say [R70], you're intelligent enough to get into an accredited law school! And a top ten one at that.

by Anonymousreply 73April 11, 2019 4:31 AM

CA is one of few states that still permits qualification for Bar exam via “apprenticeship.”

by Anonymousreply 74April 11, 2019 4:34 AM

Yep, this one has peanuts- what do I win?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 11, 2019 4:53 AM

I have a friend who went to an unaccredited law school—in CA—and she failed the bar 5 times. CA bar exam is no joke.

by Anonymousreply 76April 11, 2019 5:22 AM

73 questions with Kim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 11, 2019 4:21 PM

^ She has 3 kids... how does she keep it clean with all of that white?!

by Anonymousreply 78April 11, 2019 4:25 PM

Someone in another thread says Julian Assange needs a lawyer - Call Kim!

by Anonymousreply 79April 11, 2019 4:34 PM

[quote] Maybe she was molested, [R48]?

You know damn well if this happened Mom would have filmed and monotized it.

by Anonymousreply 80April 11, 2019 4:35 PM

Money r78.

by Anonymousreply 81April 11, 2019 4:37 PM

For the record, all bar exams have one day of a standardized multiple choice test, the multi-state. The second day is for essays particular to their state. California is considered the hardest state for the bar because it has a THIRD exam day. Believe it or not all these days are physically and emotionally exhausting for the average human. Some of those I know who breezed through a number of bars in various jurisdictions were the military types. They just seem to get things done without the usual angst. I know plenty of non-genius people who passed the California bar on their first try. It isn't because it's intellectually hard.

In any event, what she will miss will be the rigor of learning the analytical and theoretical base work for law. Possibly she will miss out on learning how to write all over again if she ever did write in the first place. For me that was hard but I so much prefer my learned more direct style of writing. Anyone can learn the nuts and bolts of how to handle a case or how to research the law. You don't need the academic requirements of a BA or BS to learn that. But it is one thing to know the law, it is another to understand how to apply it to a case or to be creative.

I was pissed off when I learned that in England they don't need an undergraduate degree and then three years of law school - they just go straight into law by majoring in law for their undergraduate degree. While I realize they then have to do some apprenticeships they don't have to spend 7 years paying tuition and going to classes. THAT seemed like a cheat to me.

I agree the hardest part will be for her to stay committed if she is really serious and then passing her bar. Do I think she could somehow pay to pass her bar? No.

But if she does pass I predict she'll open a grand law firm in fancy digs and get all kinds of celebrity obsessed lawyers, clerks, investigators and interns willing to sell themselves to someone who can pay them top salaries to staff it and handle the caseload. She can prance around taking credit and lobby for her causes or just show up in court as the plus one.

Life is unfair and then you die. Not worth even being bothered by. Quite frankly if they let someone who once robbed people at gunpoint or was an armed major drug distributor be admitted to practice then I don't know how this is upsetting because she did a sex video. I am still immensely pleased that Stephen Glass has yet to gain admittance to practice law - though I was annoyed Georgetown allowed him to graduate. He's more a danger to the legal profession than silly Kim.

by Anonymousreply 82April 11, 2019 5:45 PM

I f she runs for president every woman in New Mexico will vote for her. They all worship her... also, they all have MK bags and Apple watches, but that's for another thread.

by Anonymousreply 83April 11, 2019 6:02 PM

R82, it's two days now in CA. First day is essays and performance test. Second day is the MBE.

by Anonymousreply 84April 11, 2019 6:10 PM

She'll be on the SCOTUS in the next ten years.

by Anonymousreply 85April 11, 2019 6:11 PM

New Mexico???

by Anonymousreply 86April 11, 2019 6:16 PM

R82 Stephen Glass recently purchased a 2.5m dollar house in Malibu. You're right, life isn't fair - and sometimes, the truth really doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 87April 11, 2019 7:42 PM

R82 The film Shattered Glass is a fairly good take on the scandal, well made and enjoyable .The hero of the film, Charles Lane , is a bit of an insufferable hack nowadays but he was certainly right about Stephen . Peter Saarsgard and Hayden Christensen are both give excellent performances. Christensen captures Stephen's neediness and sliminess pretty well .

by Anonymousreply 88April 11, 2019 7:59 PM

Kim needs to spend more time at a bar!

I wish that trashbag family would just go away.

by Anonymousreply 89April 11, 2019 8:11 PM

Thanks, R84. I'm clearly out of the loop. So even that was made easier for these young 'uns. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 90April 12, 2019 12:16 AM

The CA bar is tough if she passes I'll be shocked.

by Anonymousreply 91April 12, 2019 12:22 AM

[quote] Stephen Glass recently purchased a 2.5m dollar house in Malibu. You're right, life isn't fair - and sometimes, the truth really doesn't matter.

Shattered Glass is an excellent film and very entertaining. Very good performances all around. I've watched it several times.

Glass was hired as clerk by a judge in D.C. He thought he deserved a second chance - why I don't know. There are other ways to give someone a chance. But it was IMO a terrible error in judgment by the judge. On a personal note, I had a number of serious criminal cases before this judge and some involved informants. Filings that touched on or gave a clue of their status as informants would have been sealed. Lives sometimes depend on that. To my knowledge no one appearing before this judge was informed of Glass' job in the judge's chambers and, of course, he would have handled and been aware of these sealed documents and their contents. Had I known my sealed filings were to be handled by Glass in any way I would have raised an objection and asked the Judge to recuse himself or ensure that Glass not have any access. They probably would have patted me on the head and said. "There there. We know what we're doing" but nonetheless to learn of Glass' employ well after the fact made me furious. This was uncovered by a local newspaper some time later.

Pathological liars and con men never change. I am not in the least envious of his Malibu house. He is an unrepentant miscreant and I imagine he always will be. I wonder if the mortgage lender knows of his past history of dishonesty or his insurance companies. How could anyone trust him about anything?

by Anonymousreply 92April 12, 2019 12:33 AM

That's very interesting R92, and, yes, dangerous. The judge who hired him was being reckless imo. He works at a law firm in Beverly Hills now a non-lawyer capacity, and I thought that too was risky for the reputation of the firm, let alone its clients. I do think the house was purchased largely because of his wife's wealth (she was a lawyer, a SCOTUS clerk, an author) but sadly, she died a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 93April 12, 2019 12:49 AM

*in a non-lawyer capacity

by Anonymousreply 94April 12, 2019 12:50 AM

Don't you have to have a bachelor degree before you can get a Law degree??

by Anonymousreply 95April 12, 2019 2:38 AM

What’s the problem here? Her father was an attorney and her mother may not be someone who is favored by some here, but the woman had pretty much single handedly made her family wealthy.

Kim isn’t dumb. She isn’t someone I particularly admire as of right now, but if this is something she wants to do in order to better herself, she shouldn’t be dragged for it.

She has HUGE influence. Maybe now, she’ll inspire young girls to go to school and pursue a career, rather than wear 100 lbs of makeup, wigs, and have fat injected into their butts, while hallmarking every moment of it on Instagram, wearing tiny dresses and stripper heels.

Let her balance the scales. Good for her, and I wish her well.

She’s growing up. This is what people do when they grow. They become interested in doing something for others, rather than just themselves. Hopefully, she’ll get further involved in prison reform.

by Anonymousreply 96April 12, 2019 10:21 AM

Kim says leave her alone, bitches!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 15, 2019 6:42 PM

Will she stop having ugly babies?

by Anonymousreply 98April 15, 2019 6:45 PM

R96 I think you're giving her way too much credit. This isn't a bad idea but this is just feels like another publicity stunt in order to try and stay relevant.

by Anonymousreply 99April 16, 2019 12:07 AM

Now I'm curious about how difficult the CA bar is. Any sample tests?

I always heard the CPA exam for accountants is uh harder than the bar exam. I heard this from an accountant of course

by Anonymousreply 100April 16, 2019 12:16 AM

I've attached the requirements to take the California Bar. She can complete an apprenticeship with a licensed attorney or state court judge for 4 years or combine classes and "study", but the California Bar Exam is one of the most difficult in the country. The Bar Assn does that on purpose to avoid people like her slipping through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 16, 2019 1:25 AM

Actually, changed the link to a list of states that allow people to serve apprenticeships or a combination of school and apprenticeship to qualify for the bar.

Changing the link automatically published my comment. I was surprised that so many states allow this. I thought Virginia was particularly interesting given its proximity to DC.

by Anonymousreply 102April 16, 2019 1:29 AM

I’m not going to root against her or anything, but I remain skeptical. If she does it, I will applaud her.

by Anonymousreply 103April 16, 2019 1:40 AM

California bar exam is notoriously difficult. There are courses taken each year at Universities in California to help you pass it. There are practicing lawyers in other states, who cannot pass the California Bar.

by Anonymousreply 104April 16, 2019 1:47 AM

[quote] I do think the house was purchased largely because of his wife's wealth (she was a lawyer, a SCOTUS clerk, an author) but sadly, she died a year ago.

Thanks so much, R93. I didn't know any of that. So a relatively young woman died and left him money no doubt. Hmmm. If I were LE out there I'd be all over that. Even if it was reported as cancer. Which begs the question who the hell would feel safe marrying him?

Of course now I have to go do a little digging about his wife's death. Curses to you, R93, I need to be billing. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 105April 16, 2019 7:32 PM

Did some quick checking and I can't find anything about Glass having been married or widowed. R93, did I misread you - were you referring to someone else and not Glass? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 106April 16, 2019 7:44 PM

Today, only four states — California, Virginia, Vermont, and Washington — allow aspiring lawyers to take the bar exam without going to law school. Instead, they are given the option to apprentice with a practicing attorney or judge. (New York, Maine and Wyoming offer an apprenticeship alternative as well, but also require some law school.)

In California, this option is called the “Law Office Study Program” (rule 4.29 under the state bar’s legal code). All lawyers seeking to forego law school must meet the following stipulations:

- Sit in a practicing attorney’s office for 18 hours per week for a period of four continuous years - Passage of the First-Year Law Students’ Examination - A positive moral character determination - Passage of the Multi-state Professional Responsibility Examination - Passage of the California Bar Examination

The first major challenge faced by a law apprentice is finding an attorney willing to take on the task. None of the states that offer the apprenticeship alternative offer any assistance in finding a supervising lawyer: “Finding one willing to take on the responsibility of educating a new lawyer,” writes The New York Times, “can be difficult.”

Even assuming an apprentice settles this dilemma, fulfills four years of independent study, and passes all precursory exams, the bar exam is not in his or her favor. A crawl through historical exam data (1996 to 2014) via the National Conference of Bar Examiners reveals a wide variance in pass rates from state to state

by Anonymousreply 107April 16, 2019 7:46 PM

That Positive Moral Character line might affect her, yah know with her porn career and all.

by Anonymousreply 108April 16, 2019 7:49 PM

Actually, the positive moral character ("Character & Fitness") is more concerned with truthfulness than anything. As long as you are honest on the application and disclose everything, things in your past are generally glossed over. The only things that raise concern are instances of dishonesty in your past, or mismanagement or fraud in financial dealings.

by Anonymousreply 109April 16, 2019 8:03 PM

R100 the CA bar exam isn't actually any harder than an exam in any other state, a far as the questions go (although they have some additional essay topics that can pop up that other states don't test). CA's low pass rate is due to the significantly larger number of testers during any given test, which inherently skews the grading curve. I also read somewhere, not too long ago, that part of why CA decreased the number of testing days is because a huge part of the failure rate was due to people physically not being able to get to the testing site all three days (single moms were one of the demographics labeled as being greatly hindered by the three-day test, among other groups); a big chunk of the lower success rate is people who just didn't show up for a day of testing. That's not to say that CA's exam isn't harder overall because of those issues, but the testing questions aren't any trickier or harder than any other state. There's just a lot more people you're up against.

by Anonymousreply 110April 16, 2019 8:23 PM

Oh Kim, the Bend&Snap will not get you a law degree. It's HARD.

by Anonymousreply 111April 17, 2019 4:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!