Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Products with Huge Followings that you Just Don't Get

Dr. Bronner's soap. The Whole Foods-shopping, granola types absolutely swear by it for nearly everything (bathing, mopping, dishes, laundry, etc.).

I've never liked it for household cleaning, because it always seemed like it left a film on everything it touched. Maybe my area's water supply is just too hard?

And I'm also not a fan of using it for bathing because no matter how much I diluted it, my privates always end up feeling irritated, which is strange because I do not have that problem with the so-called "harsh, unnatural" ordinary bar soaps (on top of that, shit feels like sulfuric acid when it gets in your eyes).

I even once tried bathing my dog with it, and she ended up with dandruff, so it's probably too harsh for her skin as well as mine (and I had used the unscented "Baby Mild" on her).

And judging by the labels on the bottles, Dr. Bronner himself is/was a bit of a loon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343April 16, 2020 6:10 PM

I love the peppermint soap as a body wash in the summer. I wouldn’t ever use it as anything else.

by Anonymousreply 1April 9, 2019 6:32 PM

Real maple syrup. I just don’t like it. So there’s more for the people who do like it,

by Anonymousreply 2April 9, 2019 6:52 PM

Yeah, no. You're right, OP. Just to add another cleaning tool to my arsenal mixed Murphy's oil soap water to spray bottle. Use is limited as it leaves a film on some surfaces. Love just spraying it on things because I like the scent. But it is soap.

by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2019 6:54 PM

Window/glass cleaner? Lemon ammonia, rubbing alcohol & water recipe. Unbelievable!

by Anonymousreply 4April 9, 2019 6:55 PM

Fucking body wash!

Yeah, I want to pay for a semi-diluted product ... that I am going to use in water!

Yeah, that's what I want to do!

by Anonymousreply 5April 9, 2019 6:58 PM

Speed Queen washing machines. You go to any consumer report or ranking of appliances that may look at laundry and there people are in the comments section, raving about how great Speed Queen is. We have the coin ones at my apartment. They suck. What's so great about them?

by Anonymousreply 6April 9, 2019 6:59 PM

R2 is it the taste you don't like, or the consistency?

Real maple syrup is much runnier than the imitation stuff (which is just high fructose corn syrup with brown food coloring and artificial flavoring), but it tastes 1000x better imo.

by Anonymousreply 7April 9, 2019 7:08 PM

I see so many women proudly flaunting their ugly Michael Kors accessories and I just don't get it. I do give him credit for successfully marketing his products.

by Anonymousreply 8April 9, 2019 7:12 PM

I have a speed queen. It’s a washer dryer unit with tumble wash, which is a very hard type of washer dryer unit to find nowadays. Most one piece units usually have agitator washers. I love it. It had a problem about 2 weeks ago and my husband dropped into a repair shop and showed them sometning and they said, “Oh, no biggie. Just do such and such. You don’t need a repairman for that.” And they were right.

I bought mine on the recommendation of someone who was in Afghanistan and the same unit was used by everyone to wash & dry their clothes. I figured if it could withstand military use in a war zone, it was ok with me.

by Anonymousreply 9April 9, 2019 7:22 PM

R8, like Coach. I'M a Marc Cross guy myself

by Anonymousreply 10April 9, 2019 7:28 PM

In-n-Out Burger and their weirdly miltant fanbase

by Anonymousreply 11April 9, 2019 7:28 PM

Apple products

by Anonymousreply 12April 9, 2019 7:31 PM

R8 I think those humongous brown Luis Vuitton bags are pretty ugly as well.

And I can remember back in the mid-aughties when those hideous Dooney and Bourke bags were popular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 9, 2019 7:40 PM

I splurged for real maple syrup and I didn't like the taste. Don't remember what grade I bought, but it tasted like burnt sugar/melted brown sugar. I went right back to the fake stuff I grew up with.

by Anonymousreply 14April 9, 2019 7:42 PM

R7, you'd better be from Vermont or Quebec..but you're not!

R2 & R7, booking us a night at the SugarShack. When can you guys get to midtown? If I drive, we can make it to the border in 5 hours. Centre-ville Montreal in 5.5. Still another 3 hours to make it to ÎLE D'Orleans. An 8 hour fête ending in a diabetic coma. Ah oui!

Eggs poached in maple syrup Disgusting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 9, 2019 7:42 PM

R14, did you find your passport yet?

by Anonymousreply 16April 9, 2019 7:44 PM

Oh would this nasal bitch stuff it. Just give us the maple whiskey, maple wine & maple taffy. We've gay bars to visit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 9, 2019 7:56 PM

Almond milk. It tastes like cardboard.

by Anonymousreply 18April 9, 2019 8:08 PM

Cetaphil. It does not properly clean the face, particularly after a workout or during the summer.

by Anonymousreply 19April 9, 2019 8:10 PM

I love real maple syrup but would not poach eggs in it.

Agree, r18, that almond milk is gross.

Kombucha is possibly the most wretched-tasting substance that has ever passed my lips. Why anyone would voluntarily consume it defies imagination.

by Anonymousreply 20April 9, 2019 8:14 PM

Oat milk is much better.

by Anonymousreply 21April 9, 2019 8:15 PM

I like Maple syrup and the fake stuff, sometimes I use both in one sitting.

by Anonymousreply 22April 9, 2019 8:16 PM

R21 Yes, oat milk is fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 23April 9, 2019 8:16 PM

R19 agreed! It leaves a film and it contains SLS but people swear it is mild. Cerave has a much better version and it doesn’t break me out.

I will offer up Great Lash mascara - horrible but makeup artists and beauty editors always list it as a holy grail product. They must get paid

by Anonymousreply 24April 9, 2019 8:22 PM

R11, I live one mile from a busy In-N-Out and used to go there about once a week. It was easy to not get offended by the low-key religiosity of Bible verses printed inside the bottom rim of the cups. But when they made a five-figure contribution to the Republican Party of the very blue State of California I decided not to go there any more, any I haven’t. Like Chik-Fil-A, In-N-Out leaves a bitter taste in my mouth now that spoils the taste of their food.

by Anonymousreply 25April 9, 2019 8:34 PM

Uncrustables. How hard is it to make a fucking peanut butter and jelly sandwich?

by Anonymousreply 26April 9, 2019 8:36 PM

Star Bucks. I just don't like the taste. And the wait

by Anonymousreply 27April 9, 2019 8:38 PM

Why does everyone assume that maple syrup only comes from Quebec? We have sugar maple all over the place here.

by Anonymousreply 28April 9, 2019 8:38 PM

R18 I'm mildly lactose intolerant and I use almond milk with my cereal, but I'd never drink it on its own.

R19 are you referring to their gentle face wash that looks like cum and doesn't lather? Agreed, that stuff is gross. You'd be better off just washing your face with actual cum. I do like their regular face wash and their bar soap, however.

R20 kombucha is supposedly super healthy; I considered home-brewing it. But I do agree there are tastier ways to get your beneficial gut bacteria.

I'm also no longer interested in brewing my own kombucha once I learned what can happen if you don't properly sterilize the bottles or equipment.

You might end up growing abominations such as this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 9, 2019 9:01 PM

Coach, Michael Kors and Kate Spade. Haute Frau-wear.

by Anonymousreply 30April 9, 2019 9:06 PM

R29 ! Wtf is that?!?!

by Anonymousreply 31April 9, 2019 9:11 PM

Weight Watchers. They don't even bother to use slim people in their own adverts now. Now I think about it, the adverts for McDonalds, Hungry Jacks and Pizza Hut use people that are slimmer than those in Weight Watchers commercials.

by Anonymousreply 32April 9, 2019 9:23 PM

R29 I can't stop laughing at that image

by Anonymousreply 33April 9, 2019 9:50 PM

Almond milk, Oat milk...anything that isn't milk. It tastes like sweet, burnt shit.

by Anonymousreply 34April 9, 2019 9:54 PM

R31 a kombucha brewer on Reddit found that growing in one of the bottles. He thinks it's a fungus of some sort. Here's another pic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 9, 2019 9:56 PM

^^ That looks like something that came out of a big, burly man!

by Anonymousreply 36April 9, 2019 9:59 PM

R35 Oh dear! Could you imagine walking into someone's home and seeing that monstrosity?

by Anonymousreply 37April 9, 2019 10:00 PM

It’s kind of a mushroom growing in liquid

by Anonymousreply 38April 9, 2019 10:01 PM

Coconut water

by Anonymousreply 39April 9, 2019 10:02 PM

Any “miracle food.”

If there really were a miracle food, everyone would be eating/drinking it & living forever.

by Anonymousreply 40April 9, 2019 10:05 PM

That looks like a tampon soaking in tequila.

by Anonymousreply 41April 9, 2019 10:10 PM

Water in bottles. Like George Carlin said, When did Americanget so thirsty?

by Anonymousreply 42April 9, 2019 10:11 PM

Canada Goose jackets.

by Anonymousreply 43April 9, 2019 10:13 PM

Which one of you bitches cradled my SCOBY?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 9, 2019 10:14 PM

I agree with the OP as well as R19.

Dr Bonner's left a soapy film no matter how much I rinsed; it burned by eyes, and was harsh (and I bought the baby version). Also, the label says it's concentrated - but there were no directions on the bottle (or website) on the dilution ratio!

by Anonymousreply 45April 9, 2019 10:19 PM

Pricy high-tech "Internet of Things" products that gathers your data and sends it to unknown entities. If we're the product being sold, shouldn't those Fitbits, Google and Amazon assistants be free?

by Anonymousreply 46April 9, 2019 10:25 PM

The Apple Watch. What’s the point?

by Anonymousreply 47April 9, 2019 10:42 PM

I don’t understand why there isn’t such a thing as an electronic journal that is nothing but a journal. It doesn’t go online, it doesn’t play dvds, it doesn’t play thumb drives or take cards. It can’t be downloaded or hacked. Like a paper journal you write in, only its electronic and password/thumbprint protected. You just write in it.

I can’t find one. All “journals” are now online, stored in a cloud or in a device that everyone in the house has access to vis the house WiFi. I was using Notes on my phone & iPad and found my husband deleted everything I put in there, including my health history. Why? “I didn’t think it was important.” Translation “It wasn’t mine, soooooo....” Pissed me off and made me aware that my son has access to my Notes, including my health history.

by Anonymousreply 48April 9, 2019 10:54 PM

My understanding of the poularity of Speed Queens in Philadelphia is they are often the only machines that fit into row homes bc they can be assembled.

Agree about Bonners: I use it for hand washables now.

Also my understanding about Great Lash is it's cheap. It doesn't wear well and runs but apparently good for pics, removal and is cheap so you can throw them out.

I'll add canned beverages

by Anonymousreply 49April 9, 2019 11:06 PM

Buttons. It's 2019 and unless you're in a suit there's no need for buttons on your shirt. Polos? Oxfords? Henleys? Gross. I know it's just me but if a guy hits me up on Grindr and he is wearing buttons in his profile photo, it's a no go. I can't be going to get down with someone and then have to possibly touch or be rubbed up against by someone's buttons. I know it's a phobia, but seriously, why would someone voluntarily wear a shirt with buttons on the front?

by Anonymousreply 50April 9, 2019 11:09 PM

Ethan is honestly the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life r50.

by Anonymousreply 51April 9, 2019 11:12 PM

THAT is the dumbest*

by Anonymousreply 52April 9, 2019 11:13 PM

Agree with r52.

by Anonymousreply 53April 9, 2019 11:15 PM

Apple products -I own them but they just aren’t all that

I do love Cetaphil - the cum one. Not the daily

by Anonymousreply 54April 9, 2019 11:22 PM

Foreskins. I just don't get 'em.

by Anonymousreply 55April 9, 2019 11:30 PM

Cold cream. I'm not a very regimented person but every 3 years or so something withing me causes me to buy a jar of Noxema. After a couple of uses it sits in the bathroom until it yellows and is replaced several years later.

by Anonymousreply 56April 9, 2019 11:31 PM

R56 use it on your dick, taint and hole before hooking up; it gets things super fresh down there and has a pleasant tingle.

by Anonymousreply 57April 9, 2019 11:35 PM

r48 I downloaded the journal software "RedNotebook." It is an electronic journal, but to password-protect it, you'd have to restrict permissions on the folder it's in, or use an external tool.

by Anonymousreply 58April 9, 2019 11:39 PM

R10 must think everyone can drop thousands of dollars on a Mark Cross bag.

Agree with the poster who mentioned Great Lash mascara. Yes, it's cheap, but you can find better mascaras for a similar price

by Anonymousreply 59April 9, 2019 11:47 PM

I had been waiting for years for my first In-And-Out. Big disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 60April 9, 2019 11:49 PM

Creme de la mer - you can find better moisturizers for a lot less $$$

by Anonymousreply 61April 9, 2019 11:50 PM

Dilute! Dilute!

by Anonymousreply 62April 9, 2019 11:53 PM

R61 If you can stand the greasy heavy feeling, Vaseline is really the best moisturizer you can buy.

by Anonymousreply 63April 9, 2019 11:54 PM

[quote]Products with Huge Followings that you Just Don't Get

Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 64April 9, 2019 11:55 PM

I find Dr Bronners very drying. Followed tip to try the baby version--still too drying.

Once I had real maple syrup, I can't go back to the fake stuff.

by Anonymousreply 65April 9, 2019 11:56 PM

I went to Cracker Barrel once as a novelty. We were on the way home from a weekend trip and one was on the way. There was a line, it was packed and we waited and browsed the tacky store.

I ordered chicken and dumplings and it was singularly gross. I mean, I don't even mean like bad because I'm such a foodie. I'm not even using any standard except food should be edible. The chicken was obviously compressed chicken bits. The dumplings merged seamlessly into the sauce/soup(?). It was the first time I have ever had chicken and dumplings.

A few weeks later, I followed a recipe and made chicken and dumplings for the first time. Now I'm not saying it was Michelin-starred fare but it was pretty darn decent home cooking. What the hell are Cracker Barrel doing and why is their version so popular?

by Anonymousreply 66April 10, 2019 12:05 AM

Mercedes. I feel like if you're going to spend $60K or more on a car you should really give a little more thought to what you buy. A Mercedes is just a wealthier person's Ford Taurus. Buy a BMW, Audi, Jaguar, Infiniti, Lexus, Land Rover... Mercedes are boring.

by Anonymousreply 67April 10, 2019 12:07 AM

R63, it really is. If you start with wet skin and use a small bit and work it in, it’s really not greasy.

Also, pure lanolin is pretty good. It’s what’s in Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour cream. It’s a good barrier. Again, you have to work it in, it’s pretty thick, but it never stings raw chapped skin and works overnight on really dry skin.

by Anonymousreply 68April 10, 2019 12:10 AM

[quote] le. The chicken was obviously compressed chicken bits

When I worked the night shift a million years ago I used to being stouffers chicken breast, mashed potatoes and gravy with me. I really liked the gravy. I saw it recently and bought it for old time sake. The chicken breast is now compressed meat bits. The consistency was like a pink rubber ball. I threw it away. The gravy was still good though.

by Anonymousreply 69April 10, 2019 12:49 AM

I think the apple watch is ugly The kardashians Coach Those ugly LV bags Starbucks Chikfila

Has anybody been stung by Dr. bronner peppermint soap on their privates? That hurts.

by Anonymousreply 70April 10, 2019 1:03 AM

Nutella

by Anonymousreply 71April 10, 2019 1:07 AM

To each his own, R67. I much prefer Mercedes to Audi and BMW. I drive an SLK350 and for what might seem like such a frivolous vehicle it has been a reliable daily driver. And no, it doesn't handle nor does it feel like a wealthier person's Ford Taurus.

What car(s) do you own?

by Anonymousreply 72April 10, 2019 1:07 AM

LaCroix

by Anonymousreply 73April 10, 2019 1:08 AM

Agree with the ugly Michael Kora products. Let me add Coach, Kate Spade and Victoria Secret Love Pink to the list.

by Anonymousreply 74April 10, 2019 1:17 AM

I HATE Bronner’s soap. It’s rubbish!

by Anonymousreply 75April 10, 2019 1:43 AM

My cleaning lady has a Michael Kors purse.

END OF THREAD.

by Anonymousreply 76April 10, 2019 1:54 AM

The MK purses!! Hahahahahahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 77April 10, 2019 2:22 AM

Tom’s of Maine toothpaste, my mouth never felt clean, it was like a key ingredient was missing.

by Anonymousreply 78April 10, 2019 3:15 AM

I love Dr. Bronner's soap, though i have the bar kind. I also prefer the Peppermint one, which is a cult classic.

by Anonymousreply 79April 10, 2019 3:17 AM

Starbucks | I like Pete's.

by Anonymousreply 80April 10, 2019 3:26 AM

ANY version of "Les Miz". That show SUCKS!

by Anonymousreply 81April 10, 2019 3:27 AM

I use Dr.Bronner soap as hand soap in one of those foaming pumps with water. It sucks as a body wash.

by Anonymousreply 82April 10, 2019 3:52 AM

Another long-time Dr. Bronner's Peppermint liquid soap fan. Use it as a hand wash, body wash and shampoo. Used it to brush my teeth when I ran out of toothpaste. Great scent, no residue.

The products whose popularity escapes me: kombucha, molasses, kale,

by Anonymousreply 83April 10, 2019 4:05 AM

Lyles Golden Syrup is the best syrup.

by Anonymousreply 84April 10, 2019 4:22 AM

It took me a few tries to really enjoy maple syrup. Now I can’t use anything else. It’s great!

by Anonymousreply 85April 10, 2019 4:25 AM

Coconut oil. Crazy people think it’s a cure all. It’s not.

by Anonymousreply 86April 10, 2019 4:56 AM

R81. That’s how I feel about Rent. I saw it in New York City and it was terrible. The story sucked. The music sucked. It couldn’t have been more boring.

by Anonymousreply 87April 10, 2019 5:05 AM

R84 is right. Lyle's Golden Syrup is amazing. It looks like corn syrup but has a rich, buttery flavor .

by Anonymousreply 88April 10, 2019 5:07 AM

Tom's deodorant sucks too.

by Anonymousreply 89April 10, 2019 5:09 AM

Forrest Gump.

Anything from a Lush store. It's just smelly, expensive soap.

by Anonymousreply 90April 10, 2019 5:15 AM

that Pure Castile soap burned my balls; you really have to dilute it.

by Anonymousreply 91April 10, 2019 5:17 AM

I'm not big on sports. Was never great at them; what's the point in playing if you're not going to win.

Watching people go to games and see people excel in something they can only dream about seems empty to me.

I realize this is off topic.

by Anonymousreply 92April 10, 2019 5:18 AM

Speaking of Dr. Bronner's, I had an acquaintance whose household pipes were almost thoroughly clogged by the stuff. He knew not to dump grease down the drain, but he didn't think anything of Dr. Bronner's until it was too late.

I also find it to be very filmy (so it's not surprising to me that it can clog pipes) and it also irritates my skin (although my skin is more sensitive than most).

by Anonymousreply 93April 10, 2019 5:23 AM

Burt's Bees.

by Anonymousreply 94April 10, 2019 5:29 AM

Chick fil A

by Anonymousreply 95April 10, 2019 5:33 AM

R93 I switched to Dr Bronner's Baby Unscented liquid soap 2 years ago after being diagnosed with fragrance allergies. Great stuff, I use it as shower soap, shampoo, hand soap, in a pinch for laundry and dish soap also.

by Anonymousreply 96April 10, 2019 5:35 AM

R63, it might work for men, but for women, Vaseline is a terrible moisturizer as it causes hair growth. I have no idea why this is, but I read in several publications that our dear Marilyn Monroe slathered it onto her face as a moisturizer, and it caused her to grow a considerable amount of light, downy hair.

by Anonymousreply 97April 10, 2019 5:41 AM

Diet Coke

by Anonymousreply 98April 10, 2019 5:43 AM

Panera. Their food is average at best, yet the prices are ridiculous. Lunch at a place like that should not run $14.

by Anonymousreply 99April 10, 2019 6:49 AM

I'll add another vote for LaCroix. I want to say it's impressive that they succeeded in resurrecting a shitty old brand of canned municipal water by Trumpenly declaring it a lifestyle brand one day and sending forth street teams and ambassadors, signing up SM influencers, dragging selfie backdrops back and forth across the country, and regramming every twit (well, every twit with the right look) who posts a photo of themselves holding an ugly can, but it's just so predictable that the demographic they targeted would fall right into the trap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 10, 2019 7:46 AM

R97 that might be one of the reasons MM was such a huge movie star. I've read that the camera lights reflected off the tiny hairs on her face, giving her a glow no other actresses of her day had.

by Anonymousreply 101April 10, 2019 7:48 AM

Dr Bronners made my skin dry out.

by Anonymousreply 102April 10, 2019 8:13 AM

Jamba Juice products. Very mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 103April 10, 2019 8:13 AM

I have no idea what R50 is trying to communicate. Something about buttons? Seriously? What does that mean? That is pretty silly.

by Anonymousreply 104April 10, 2019 8:25 AM

It’s mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 105April 10, 2019 8:31 AM

It's an aversion to buttons. Some people prefer to wear buttons all the time. Others do not. I do not wear buttons unless I'm wearing a suit. Buttons are a product with a following that I just don't get.

by Anonymousreply 106April 10, 2019 8:44 AM

Fuck you too, R106.

by Anonymousreply 107April 10, 2019 9:20 AM

Really the LV purses are the worst. W MK, coach, and Kate Spade running a close second.

by Anonymousreply 108April 10, 2019 9:30 AM

R93, you're full of shit, dr. Bronners does not clog pipes. Your stupid ass friend is dumping grease down the sink. When using dr. Bronners as a body wash, the key is too use just a bit on a wash cloth. It gets quite sudsy.

by Anonymousreply 109April 10, 2019 9:35 AM

I fell for La Croix. Is it just tap water?

by Anonymousreply 110April 10, 2019 9:49 AM

Bronner cleans my bathtub and kitchen sink without scrubbing or a scent that burns my eyes. It really is amazing and a bottle should last you literally years. Who are you people not diluting it?

by Anonymousreply 111April 10, 2019 9:49 AM

I love Dr Bronner’s soap and find it’s the only liquid soap that *does* rinse off well. I hate shower gels because I never feel like they rinse off completely. I little Dr Bronner’s on a loofah is perfect and the cool peppermint is heaven on a hot summer day.

by Anonymousreply 112April 10, 2019 10:06 AM

I make my own powdered detergent but I also shoot a small squirt of Dr. Bronner's in the wash water. Works great.

by Anonymousreply 113April 10, 2019 11:09 AM

[quote]I had been waiting for years for my first In-And-Out. Big disappointment.

Tee hee.

by Anonymousreply 114April 10, 2019 11:14 AM

[quote]what's the point in playing if you're not going to win.

For the participation trophy, of course, Dear.

by Anonymousreply 115April 10, 2019 11:16 AM

Fussy ass hoes through this whole thread. Basic gays.. "Since I was diagnosed with scent allergies..." ..."Just a drop cleans my whole tub and sink!" ..."I make my own powdered detergent..."

by Anonymousreply 116April 10, 2019 11:34 AM

^^ Boring twit.

by Anonymousreply 117April 10, 2019 11:37 AM

Dr. Bronner's is not for those with dry/sensitive skin types. It's drying.

by Anonymousreply 118April 10, 2019 11:40 AM

From Wisconsin. Grew up drinking LaCroix. No one is more surprised than Wisconsinites that LaCroix became a lifestyle brand. Clearly Canadian was better.

by Anonymousreply 119April 10, 2019 12:06 PM

Chick-fil-A is gross. I don't even cook and I can make a sandwich with a breaded chicken and a pickle.

by Anonymousreply 120April 10, 2019 1:06 PM

Is [R50] Amish?

by Anonymousreply 121April 10, 2019 1:15 PM

R82 OP here, after my bad experiences with using Dr. Bronner's for most everything else, I still had a large amount left so I decided to try using it as hand wash. I put it in a foaming soap bottle and diluted it 1:4 with purified water.

Normally I don't need to use hand lotion after washing with other foaming hand soaps, but I did after washing with the Dr. Bronner's. If I didn't apply lotion, the soap left my cuticles dried out and even the surface of my fingernails would start peeling slightly. What can I say, guess my skin just hates the stuff.

Before anyone suggests it, I did try diluting it even more but as stated on their website, the more you dilute, the more often you need to replace the batch (because you're also diluting the preservatives in the soap).

I learned this the hard way when the watered-down soap in the foaming hand bottle started developing a weird-ass smell.

If any of the Bronner queens are interested, I still have about a quarter-bottle left of the citrus scent.

by Anonymousreply 122April 10, 2019 1:24 PM

dump ur bronners, bitch. Fuckin go back to what u like. The shit sucks for the price.

by Anonymousreply 123April 10, 2019 1:29 PM

I don't get In-N-Out either. At best, it's just another fast food burger. At worst, they are dry, tough, overcooked burgers, at least on the last 2 times I tried it. What is so great?

by Anonymousreply 124April 10, 2019 1:34 PM

open wound simulated vaginas

by Anonymousreply 125April 10, 2019 1:34 PM

Oreo Cookies

by Anonymousreply 126April 10, 2019 1:39 PM

Thin Mints. I’ve always hated them.

by Anonymousreply 127April 10, 2019 1:47 PM

Apple Watch. However, because watches are status symbols--everyone uses a phone to check the time now--I understand why they're popular.

by Anonymousreply 128April 10, 2019 2:20 PM

In N Out is the best value for fast food, especially considering everything is made fresh. Admittedly their fries aren't the best, but you can see the workers cutting potatoes and putting them in the fryer. They don't have 19 ingredients.

Same with the burgers- they don't have fake grill marks and sit in a warming box.

by Anonymousreply 129April 10, 2019 2:26 PM

I like Shake Shack a lot better than In N Out. That, in my opinion, is the best fast food burger.

by Anonymousreply 130April 10, 2019 3:41 PM

Shake Shack is a lot more money. I'm comparing to like-priced places.

by Anonymousreply 131April 10, 2019 3:52 PM

5 Guys is pretty good for burgers and fries

by Anonymousreply 132April 10, 2019 4:20 PM

In N Out fries are infamously bad. I know they're fresh cut but that's where INO should buy the crappy frozen stuff because whatever they are slinging now is just awful. I prefer INO burgers and buns to 5 Guys but the latter's array of additions/condiments is a winner and their fries are much, much better. I'm from LA though so bias may be peeking through. I live on the east coast now and there is a 5 Guys in my neighborhood. They don't heat/toast their buns which is unforgivable.

by Anonymousreply 133April 10, 2019 4:59 PM

In-N-Out is made up fresh from non-frozen beef. It’s a good value for what they charge. But I don’t go there any more because they’re bad corporate citizens.

by Anonymousreply 134April 10, 2019 5:35 PM

Is Dr Bronner alive? If he is I want to send him an email expressing my dislike for his shitty soap.

Kirk’s Castile soap isn’t harsh like Bronners crap is!

by Anonymousreply 135April 10, 2019 6:00 PM

I agree that In-N-Out was a disappointment. I read somewhere that you can order the fries "well-done." It's a travesty to use fresh potatoes to produce such bad fries.

by Anonymousreply 136April 10, 2019 6:31 PM

Sorry, R135. You just missed him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 10, 2019 6:37 PM

[quote] Panera. Their food is average at best, yet the prices are ridiculous. Lunch at a place like that should not run $14.

Omg, my husband & son are constantly buying food there ever since the local diner closed. I haven’t found one thing there that I considered edible. They seem to have added sugar or sweet relish to everything, even soup.

by Anonymousreply 138April 10, 2019 6:43 PM

Jeez, R137. Warn me first.

by Anonymousreply 139April 10, 2019 6:46 PM

When Shake Shack opened here in LA a few years ago there were very vocal fans trying to convince me how wonderful and superior to In N Out it is. There were hours long lines to wait in when it first opened. All that buzz seems to have died off already and I never hear much about them now. I think they’re way overpriced and I hate their too soft buns that disintegrate a few bites in. And their fries aren’t anything special either. I’m not a big In N Out fan either but at least they’re affordable. If you’re willing to pay Shake Shack prices you’re better off going to Umami Burger or The Counter.

by Anonymousreply 140April 10, 2019 7:20 PM

When Shake shack opened in NYC it had long lines and I swear the owners paid people to wait in line. Before Shake Shack we had plenty of neighborhood diners that were just as good as a Shake Shack and cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 141April 10, 2019 7:25 PM

Books by Jonathan Franzen and Gillian Flynn. Their books are not very good or even entertaining , it's like the Emperor's New Clothes.

by Anonymousreply 142April 10, 2019 7:32 PM

Neutrogena sunscreen. Greasy garbage that leaves white crumbs all over your skin.

by Anonymousreply 143April 10, 2019 7:33 PM

IKEA

by Anonymousreply 144April 10, 2019 7:47 PM

IKEA has cheap, but decently-designed furniture for younger people. Most eventually outgrow IKEA to shop for higher-quality furniture for themselves. It fills a niche.

by Anonymousreply 145April 10, 2019 8:00 PM

Quit Ikeasplaning.

by Anonymousreply 146April 10, 2019 8:01 PM

Since they don’t have In N Out Burgers where I live, I visited one on vacation in Texas because of hype I saw about it in comments on a YouTube video. (The video had nothing to do with INO, but the person had a cup in his cupholder and that started a flurry of comments.)

Wasn’t impressed and didn’t get the hype.

Same with CFA. They opened a location near me before I knew anything about them. The hype was crazy, so I looked online at their menu. Couldn’t see anything I would go for, so never went. Now I won’t go for other reasons anyway, but never intended to.

by Anonymousreply 147April 10, 2019 8:03 PM

R43 you read my mind no reason to own it and the jackets look shit

by Anonymousreply 148April 10, 2019 8:12 PM

In-N-Out should not be compared to more upscale, and far more expensive places like Shake Shack or Five Guys. Its price point competitors are McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and the like--- and for the price, their burgers are FAR superior.

by Anonymousreply 149April 10, 2019 8:18 PM

They're just average.

by Anonymousreply 150April 10, 2019 8:22 PM

Starbucks' coffee is too bitter and is roasted so long it has a burned smell.

by Anonymousreply 151April 10, 2019 8:23 PM

I died 22 years ago but I am LOVING this thread.

by Anonymousreply 152April 10, 2019 8:23 PM

Mindfulness

Oat Bran

by Anonymousreply 153April 10, 2019 8:28 PM

R151: The one things Starbucks nails is cold drinks, in particular, Iced Coffee, Iced Americanos and Cold Brew. And they use simple syrup as a sweetener in them while every other coffee place just dumps sugar into the drink that doesn't dissolve. It's like drinking a gritty ice drink...yuck. So that's why Starbucks is a thing for me....however, it won't be until Howard Schultz announces he won't run for President. I'm boycotting them till that day.

by Anonymousreply 154April 10, 2019 8:29 PM

Found a hilarious article describing what peppermint Dr. Bronner's soap does to the privates.

And I also want to second what R86 wrote. This weird current coconut oil craze leaves me baffled. I don't have any issue with using natural oils—I love jojoba, castor, and evening primrose oils, as well as shea and coconut butter—but coconut oil is just too, too heavy and non-water-soluble. I made the mistake of using coconut oil as an in-shower moisturizer and shit is lethal to use in the tub.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155April 10, 2019 11:59 PM

Why You Should Never Use Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline or Gas Oil) On Your Skin!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 11, 2019 12:54 AM

R149, Shake Shack or Five Guys are upscale? Ok, then.

by Anonymousreply 157April 11, 2019 12:59 AM

I've been using Dr. Bronner's and my skin has been very dry but I was attributing it to the cold winter. I don't know why I didn't see the correlation before, I actually like the product otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 158April 11, 2019 1:04 AM

Skinny Jeans look. Looks horrible on any body type.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 11, 2019 1:04 AM

ITA, r159 Skinny jeans look horrible on everyone with the possible exception of slim prepubescent children. Even a very thin adult woman will look lumpy and fat-assed in skinny jeans.

by Anonymousreply 160April 11, 2019 1:10 AM

R158, that’s why I only use Dr. Bronners in the summer. We use Dove in the winter.

by Anonymousreply 161April 11, 2019 1:11 AM

Tim Horton's "coffee" - Undrinkable runny sludge. On par with Starbuck's overpriced slop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162April 11, 2019 1:12 AM

[quote]Found a hilarious article describing what peppermint Dr. Bronner's soap does to the privates.

The eucalyptus soap is also very harsh on the fuckparts. Plus, that shit leaves a film on the floor of the tub that makes stepping in there treacherous.

by Anonymousreply 163April 11, 2019 1:19 AM

I’m with you, OP. Bronners is ok for household cleaning, but I found it drying and underwhelming, especially for the price.

by Anonymousreply 164April 11, 2019 1:48 AM

The Rich Roll podcast had Dr. Bonner’s grandson on last week . Check it out. They discuss the history of the soap. Supposedly Dr. Bonner was a nut and a soap making expert.

by Anonymousreply 165April 11, 2019 1:57 AM

Friends.

by Anonymousreply 166April 11, 2019 2:06 AM

Very interesting documentary. I think the world would be a little more pleasant with more people like Emmanuel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 11, 2019 3:01 AM

R143 if you want a great sunscreen, buy some Korean or Japanese products off of Amazon or eBay (just make sure the seller is highly rated so you don't end up with counterfeit shit).

The Korean and Japanese are obsessed with porcelain white skin, so you know they're on top of their game when it comes to sun protection.

As a matter of fact, in my experience all Korean and Japanese beauty/skincare products are superior in every way to what you find in the West. I'm honestly baffled at why/how our skincare products are so far behind in quality and innovation. Even when we try to imitate Asian beauty products (like their BB and CC creams), theirs are still superior. 🤔

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 11, 2019 4:43 AM

R130 R131 R132 R133 R134 Burger King.

Whopper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 11, 2019 8:32 AM

Burt's Bees products

by Anonymousreply 170April 11, 2019 11:12 AM

R7... I'm a fan of real maple syrup, too. It's pricey, and buy it online from Vermont... but, the taste is much better. The other syrup is too sugary sweet vs. a mellower, smoother sweet taste of the real thing.

by Anonymousreply 171April 11, 2019 11:25 AM

“We use Dove in the winter..”

by Anonymousreply 172April 11, 2019 11:29 AM

I saw the show, "Hamilton" on Broadway. It wasn't cheap, of course.. but, it wasn't worth the hype and crazy price. I've seen many other shows that I enjoyed just as much, or more.

by Anonymousreply 173April 11, 2019 12:03 PM

Beyonce

by Anonymousreply 174April 11, 2019 12:34 PM

Krispy Kreme donuts.. no big deal, had better.

by Anonymousreply 175April 11, 2019 12:35 PM

Smartphones.

My business and social life run just fine without one.

Friends, family, and customers know how to communicate with me.

by Anonymousreply 176April 11, 2019 12:44 PM

Kale

by Anonymousreply 177April 11, 2019 12:59 PM

Cheerios

by Anonymousreply 178April 11, 2019 1:02 PM

Opioids

by Anonymousreply 179April 11, 2019 1:06 PM

R168, if you actually look at the ingredient list, those Korean and Japanese products are not really any different from American ones

by Anonymousreply 180April 11, 2019 3:58 PM

R180 imgredient lists don't tell you shit. There's an ingredient list on every bottle of Coke, but no other company has been able to perfectly replicate it.

Even if the ingredient list looks the same, the formulations of the product (and formulation/quality of the components themselves) won't be the same.

If you've ever tried the J- or K-beauty products yourself, the difference would be obvious.

...although just to be fair, I'm probably comparing higher-end J and K products to cheap drugstore American products.

by Anonymousreply 181April 11, 2019 4:10 PM

Spam. I despise it.

by Anonymousreply 182April 11, 2019 4:13 PM

I'll second Spam. Hawaiians have taste for shit.

by Anonymousreply 183April 11, 2019 4:23 PM

vagisil

by Anonymousreply 184April 11, 2019 6:44 PM

Elaine Power's Figure Salons

by Anonymousreply 185April 11, 2019 6:48 PM

R181, I have tried them. They're the same as American stuff.

by Anonymousreply 186April 11, 2019 6:57 PM

Spam is gross, but does it actually have a huge following? Don't most people outside of Hawaiians think it's disgusting?

by Anonymousreply 187April 11, 2019 7:11 PM

Really, is potted meat any worse than sausage?

by Anonymousreply 188April 11, 2019 7:24 PM

[quote] Friends. —How YOU doin?

Ive developed insomnia and have watched it for about 2 weeks. Friends seems to be all about

Getting sex

Not having enough sex

Getting pregnant

Not getting pregnant

Getting married

Not getting married

Getting divorced.

There are children scattered around, but no one ever sees them.

They hang out in a coffee shop but never talk about coffee, nor do they drink coffee outside of the coffee shop

There’s a show that comes on after Friends at about 3 am called Mom. It’s about old women having sex, talking about sex, talking about not having enough sex, alcohol, pills, food & sex. It’s another show where nobody actually works but they have money for cars, rent, clothes, vacation, giant fruit salads at a diner. There were children vaguely talked about and occasionally spotted, but they disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 189April 11, 2019 7:45 PM

Decaf herbal teas

Granola Bars

Subaru

Birkenstocks

by Anonymousreply 190April 11, 2019 8:20 PM

What r159 and r166 said.

The only exception for skinny jeans is if you're tall, in shape and wearing a pair of classic, tall shaft boots, say, Frye boots.

by Anonymousreply 191April 11, 2019 8:22 PM

I've seen people who aren't tall look good in skinny jeans. You have to be in decent shape, though.

by Anonymousreply 192April 11, 2019 8:31 PM

we're all different and come in all different shapes and sizes.

by Anonymousreply 193April 12, 2019 1:59 PM

Dr Bronners makes a great organic insecticidal soap. I find lavender repels best and soap smothers aphids and other pests. Mix 1 tsp of soap in a quart of water and pour it in a spray bottle.

https://www.hunker.com/12257372/how-to-use-dr-bronners-as-insecticidal-soap

by Anonymousreply 194April 12, 2019 2:12 PM

i don't believe in any of Dr. Bronner's products because they're cultish and ineffective from my experience.

by Anonymousreply 195April 12, 2019 2:22 PM

R195 also didn't like Heath Ledger in his role as Joker.

by Anonymousreply 196April 12, 2019 3:25 PM

Vaginas

by Anonymousreply 197April 12, 2019 3:26 PM

R194 I'm not spraying that shit on my plants. If it irritates and dries out my skin and privates and burns the shit out of my eyes, why wouldn't it do the same to flowers and plant tissue?

I guess you could use it as regular insecticide or roach spray though.

by Anonymousreply 198April 12, 2019 3:47 PM

[quote]I'm not spraying that shit on my plants. If it irritates and dries out my skin and privates and burns the shit out of my eyes, why wouldn't it do the same to flowers and plant tissue?

Do you think your plants have “privates” and eyes and are the same biological makeup as you?

by Anonymousreply 199April 12, 2019 3:50 PM

The frozen food products from Trader Joe's. Pretty much all of their frozen foods are average quality. I don't get the hype. Even the pizza and frozen french fries are subpar and the equivalent of any grocery store's generic brand.

by Anonymousreply 200April 12, 2019 4:06 PM

Seventh Generation laundry and cleaning products are crappy.

by Anonymousreply 201April 12, 2019 4:15 PM

Altering your body and changing your name to conform to your taste in clothes.

by Anonymousreply 202April 12, 2019 4:32 PM

^^^ What??!!!

by Anonymousreply 203April 12, 2019 4:38 PM

Trader Joe’s frozen foods are loaded with MSG and no one can convince me otherwise. Sodium hell.

by Anonymousreply 204April 12, 2019 4:40 PM

BC Powder

by Anonymousreply 205April 12, 2019 4:44 PM

They've discontinued all the products I used to buy at Trader Joe's, so I only go there at Christmas to get appetizers. They don't sell alcohol at my Trader Joe's, so there's no other reading to go there.

I guess Trader Joe's is like Walmart. They order from certain manufacturers, stamp a Trader Joe label on it and when manufacturers need to raise the price, the store drops them.

I guess if you buy their alcohol, there's still a reason to go there in other states.

by Anonymousreply 206April 12, 2019 4:46 PM

[quote] Do you think your plants have “privates” and eyes and are the same biological makeup as you?

No, but bees, butterflies and hummingbirds have eyes and I'd rather not burn theirs out when they visit my garden,

by Anonymousreply 207April 12, 2019 4:49 PM

R203 I think that poster is referring to the transgender bs which I'm frankly sick of hearing about.

R206 Funny you mention that, I was at Trader Joe's the other week to buy their green plant juice which I love, and the cashier broke the news to me that it was about to be discontinued! I asked why (and if it was because it wasn't selling well), and he said it was actually a popular product and he wasn't sure why it was being discontinued. So disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 208April 12, 2019 4:51 PM

[quote][R203] I think that poster is referring to the transgender bs which I'm frankly sick of hearing about

I am sick of hearing about it because I am sick of the inherently dishonest notion that g*nd*r is either a thing or a good reason to make irreversible body modifications. And greed from the homophobic makers of all the products related to it fuels this stealth bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 209April 12, 2019 5:03 PM

Poland Spring 100% Natural Spring Water. It’s not even spring water, much less "natural". The original spring dried up in the 1970s, and since then they’ve been pumping the stuff from various wells around Maine, in some cases from town water supplies, and then they transport it by tanker trucks miles to the plant where it’s "conditioned" and bottled. It’s just groundwater and tap water - what a racket.

by Anonymousreply 210April 12, 2019 5:05 PM

R210 thoughts on Perrier?

by Anonymousreply 211April 12, 2019 5:07 PM

My son & husband refuse to drink any other water than Poland Spring. They claim it tastes best. They don't really care if it comes from a spring or not.

by Anonymousreply 212April 12, 2019 5:09 PM

FYI - we can't drink our tap water. It's from a well on our property, which was a big farm in the 1940s and was drenched in DDT and others pesticides and herbicides.

by Anonymousreply 213April 12, 2019 5:11 PM

R200, I agree. The few things I’ve tried have been meh. There’s a short list of things I buy there. We like the potstickers and samosas.

by Anonymousreply 214April 12, 2019 5:20 PM

Any man past age 40 looks utterly ridiculous in skinny jeans. Also, no man past 40 should wear flip flops, except at the beach, a swimming pool or a locker room.

by Anonymousreply 215April 12, 2019 5:35 PM

I’m 45 and think r215 is ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 216April 12, 2019 5:38 PM

Yeah, but you look 25, right r216?

by Anonymousreply 217April 12, 2019 5:42 PM

Still water. It tastes blah and goes right through me. I love carbonated and sparkling water however.

by Anonymousreply 218April 12, 2019 5:43 PM

R216 is the CEO of Ambercrombie and Fitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219April 12, 2019 5:46 PM

Dr.Bronners is great for killing non beneficial insects on your plants. The people on here going into hysterics about it burning plants and blinding hummingbirds are obviously ignorant. For one, the solution you use is diluted. That means "watered down" for those who don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 220April 13, 2019 3:49 AM

64 here and wore jeans and flip-flops to the Kroger yesterday. Live in the Gulf South.

r215 is a flat out idiot.

by Anonymousreply 221April 13, 2019 10:25 AM

R220 for someone who loves talking down to others so much, your reading comprehension sure is shit.

I flat out said in my original post and at R122 that I diluted it.

You're a perfect example of a cultish Bronner fan who thinks that this overpriced, harsh, mediocre product can clean anything under the sun.

by Anonymousreply 222April 13, 2019 5:48 PM

Avocados

by Anonymousreply 223April 14, 2019 2:43 PM

[quote] Dr.Bronners is great for killing non beneficial insects on your plants. The people on here going into hysterics about it burning plants and blinding hummingbirds are obviously ignorant

No, hon. I’m a gardener. Insecticidal soap kills all insects, not just the “non beneficial” ones. And try putting some in your eye, ok? See what happens

by Anonymousreply 224April 14, 2019 2:54 PM

Dr Bronners is for the gullible.

by Anonymousreply 225April 14, 2019 2:56 PM

R173 - I never go to musicals, but I’m a history nerd and I liked the idea of putting the story in a format that some might find more compelling. So I checked out the soundtrack from the library first, and decided since I didn’t even want to finish listening to every song for free, I’m not going to pay $$$ for a live performance. I guess I’m just not the target audience.

by Anonymousreply 226April 14, 2019 4:00 PM

Cupcakes.

by Anonymousreply 227April 14, 2019 5:49 PM

R227 I can understand cupcakes more than cake pops.

If I'm a cake-loving fatty, I'm not gonna waste my time with frosted bite-sized pieces of shit on a stick.

by Anonymousreply 228April 14, 2019 6:13 PM

Voodoo Donuts.

by Anonymousreply 229April 14, 2019 9:05 PM

I also don't get the cupcake thing. My tap water is undrinkable. I drink a lot of water and Poland Spring does taste the best. And it's the only one that doesn't clog my Keurig.

by Anonymousreply 230April 14, 2019 10:21 PM

R189 the characters on Mom have jobs except the blonde who is a millionaire.

by Anonymousreply 231April 14, 2019 11:10 PM

I 💕 Starbucks cake pops!

by Anonymousreply 232April 14, 2019 11:18 PM

BMW.

I’ve owned three. The first was a dream, everything the hype would lead you to believe. The second one was the world’s worst money pit and horrible support that consisted of “give us thousands. Many, many thousands to fix that”. The third has been boring, like Honda level boring. If I wanted Honda level boring I could have saved a lot of money and bought a Honda.

by Anonymousreply 233April 15, 2019 12:20 AM

Dr. Bronner's is wack.

by Anonymousreply 234April 15, 2019 12:31 AM

The glazed donuts at Krispy Kreme get all the publicity, but a lot of people go there specifically for the vanilla cream filled donuts that taste like Twinkies did in the 70s and 80s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235April 15, 2019 12:35 AM

Love Krispy Kreme 🍩

by Anonymousreply 236April 15, 2019 12:37 AM

The spelling would be "creme" I assume. Or Kreme. Surely there is no dairy cream in that.

by Anonymousreply 237April 15, 2019 12:37 AM

I really am not fond of donuts, but that one at r235 looks delicious.

by Anonymousreply 238April 15, 2019 1:12 AM

Digital clocks

Another vote for SmartPhones

"Non-traditional casting"

by Anonymousreply 239April 16, 2019 10:51 PM

SUVs driven by commuters and soccer moms. Why not an Isotta Fraschini

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240April 16, 2019 11:04 PM

Krispy is owned by Nazis. I'm not that desperate for a donut.

by Anonymousreply 241April 17, 2019 1:09 AM

I don't understand someone who doesn't "get smartphones"? Is this just from someone who refuses to accept technology?

by Anonymousreply 242April 17, 2019 1:49 PM

R242 - To some of us, it isn't a matter of not accepting technology, it's going out to dinner with people who can't eat unless their phones are next to their plates, living with people who take their phones into the loo with them, and nearly being killed on the road on a daily basis by people glancing down at their phones, or holding phones up to their ears, or God help us, texting whilst driving.

They are eroding civlised life and the ability to maintain personal boundaries and live without constant distraction.

by Anonymousreply 243April 17, 2019 3:12 PM

When I was a kid in the 1970's FLIP FLOPS were called THONGS.

by Anonymousreply 244April 17, 2019 3:17 PM

R244 and people weren't so stupid to wear them everyday like regular shoes.

by Anonymousreply 245April 17, 2019 3:19 PM

Only certain ones, r244. The ones without the “toe hold” were known as flip flops. I remember because I told my mother I wanted flip flops but I didn’t like the ones without the toe hold. She said “you mean you want a pair of thongs, then.” If she only knew.

by Anonymousreply 246April 17, 2019 3:21 PM

I think it depends on which region of the country you are in whether you call them flip-flops or thongs.

by Anonymousreply 247April 17, 2019 3:23 PM

Another good reason to live in CA. You can wear them year round.

by Anonymousreply 248April 17, 2019 3:26 PM

R248 but you shouldn't

by Anonymousreply 249April 17, 2019 3:28 PM

5 Guys Burgers, totally disgusting

by Anonymousreply 250April 17, 2019 3:49 PM

Smartphone—>No!

Flip phone —> OK

by Anonymousreply 251April 17, 2019 4:05 PM

Flip flops chafe against my toes, don't like them. Plus, they make you look sloppy

by Anonymousreply 252April 17, 2019 4:27 PM

Not if you buy nice ones. Tommy Bahama makes some great looking flip flops.

by Anonymousreply 253April 17, 2019 4:33 PM

I wore thongs as a child. We called it “butt floss” back then.

by Anonymousreply 254April 17, 2019 5:31 PM

R254 wtf? What country are you from

by Anonymousreply 255April 17, 2019 6:17 PM

I have flip flops that have a built in roll bar and in winter, my feet are never as comfy as they are in summer when I wear my orthotic sandals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256April 17, 2019 7:08 PM

R256, we used to call them Jesus slippers.

by Anonymousreply 257April 17, 2019 7:14 PM

Simple Green. I want to like it because of its message and qualities, but I just can't get into it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258April 17, 2019 7:17 PM

Krispy Kreme doughnuts. When they opened their first Australian store, rumour had it zpenrith was selected because it is Australia’s fattest city.

by Anonymousreply 259April 17, 2019 7:19 PM

Now I really want Krispy Kreme and you can’t get them around here anymore. They saturated the market, then disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 260April 17, 2019 7:56 PM

Jesus slippers aren’t flip flops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261April 17, 2019 7:58 PM

Beets, beet juice, beet root. Beets taste like dirt. The only reason why people ate them is because nothing else grew in their area. Once they got hold of imports that had the same benefits as beets but tasted better, beets were discarded, as they should’ve been.

by Anonymousreply 262April 17, 2019 8:02 PM

Beer

I totally don’t get it. I genuinely hate beer. It tastes bad, it’s too cold and it’s full of goddamned carbonation, like soda. Makes people burp and fart. All food tastes worse with beer.

by Anonymousreply 263April 17, 2019 8:06 PM

R262 Lies. Beets are delicious, nutritious, and suitable for a variety of homemade dishes.

by Anonymousreply 264April 17, 2019 8:10 PM

[quote]So I checked out the soundtrack from the library first

Broadway shows do not have soundtracks.

by Anonymousreply 265April 17, 2019 9:09 PM

99.99% of the world's population does not want to see your feet, and kindly requests you cover them unless engaged in water activities.

by Anonymousreply 266April 17, 2019 10:02 PM

R266 I agree 100%. Men have the nastiest toes. Those who make a habit of wearing flip flops typically have the worse of all.

by Anonymousreply 267April 17, 2019 10:19 PM

99.99% of the world’s population doesn’t want to wear shoes in hot weather, and kindly requests you shove yours up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 268April 17, 2019 10:20 PM

What cave people don't want to wear shoes?

by Anonymousreply 269April 17, 2019 10:35 PM

R268 Then do something about your gnarly ass toes.

by Anonymousreply 270April 17, 2019 10:37 PM

As a native Texan, these are blasphemous tastes but I have never cared for Whataburger, sweet tea, Shiner or Lone Star Beer, Big Red, or Blue bell ice cream. I don't hate them, they're just meh. Except for the sweet tea. That shit is nasty. It's like drinking hummingbird syrup.

I also don't give a shit about the Spurs or Cowboys. College and high school ball feels more like real sports. Nothing like a small town football on a Friday night when it's just getting cool enough to need a jacket.

by Anonymousreply 271April 17, 2019 10:38 PM

METHOD products smell like shit...I can't believe people use these products for their laundry or their hands when they smell so very bad.

by Anonymousreply 272April 17, 2019 10:38 PM

^^^my sister used some all purpose spray of theirs in a "green apple" scent that was so strong it was like someone had spilled one of those Glade things. I couldn't smell anything else all day. That shit lingered and lingered.

by Anonymousreply 273April 17, 2019 10:41 PM

[quote]typically have the worse of all.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 274April 17, 2019 10:44 PM

[quote]That shit is nasty. It's like drinking hummingbird syrup.

Are you blowing hummingbirds?

by Anonymousreply 275April 17, 2019 10:45 PM

Rescue Pit Bills. You'll never find a rental to live in. And you will soon find out exactly why their previous owner abandoned them.

by Anonymousreply 276April 17, 2019 10:49 PM

R261 A friend of mine used to call those “Jerusalem cruisers.”

by Anonymousreply 277April 17, 2019 10:53 PM

They can always find a nice double wide, R276.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278April 17, 2019 11:20 PM

Wow, this is making me think of so many sick marketing ploys. Most of these products were not demanded by the marketplace, unless blatant apathy is a demand. It makes me especially glad I decided not to join Instagram. Some kids dream of being "Influencers". I know the economy has changed, times change, etc. But that's like saying "When I grow up I wanna wear a sandwich board advertising garish fads 24/7? And hope the whole world sees it? Yaaasssss! And I'll bully people into giving me free food, travel accomodations, Dad sneakers, the new Saved by the Bell line by Gucci, and other "ugly fashion"; sucking on dieting lollipops while showing off my giant butt implants (?); basically staying on-brand by virtue-signaling while I shill HFCS, kombucha, ass bleach, expensive contouring makeup with shitty ingredients and animal testing? oh, and totes obvs I need to pretend these photos are candids! #nofilter, bae. I look like a creepy sex robot naturally? What's upspeak? I'm literally #blessed for finding Dr. Bronner's burning douche magic for flushing out my jade vagina stone...Yaaaaassss....also see my yummy concierge doctor who brought a can of La Croix to stick between my legs to soothe my raw and uncoupled junk. #thigh gaps CAN be useful! lolol i punned, emoji emoji POWER OFF"

by Anonymousreply 279April 17, 2019 11:45 PM

Baseball

Football

Soccer

Hockey

Basketball

Golf

Cricket

Curling

Lacrosse

Polo

by Anonymousreply 280April 17, 2019 11:53 PM

Figure skating

Gymnastics

by Anonymousreply 281April 17, 2019 11:54 PM

Cartoon movies

Superhero comic books

All comic books

by Anonymousreply 282April 17, 2019 11:56 PM

butt implants

by Anonymousreply 283April 18, 2019 8:22 AM

I am with Tex at r271. That Whataburger is the biggest Nothing Burger I’ve ever had the displeasure of tasting.

I gave Whataburger three tries and it was awful each time.

What the hell, Texas?!

by Anonymousreply 284April 18, 2019 2:28 PM

PT Cruisers, Smart Cars

by Anonymousreply 285April 18, 2019 3:14 PM

Oh hell. I didn't mean to say METHOD products. I was thinking of that other one, MRS. MEYERS. As I was saying, they all smell like absolute shit (to me).

by Anonymousreply 286April 18, 2019 3:19 PM

Biore strips. Either they don't work or my skin isn't as oily and blackhead-prone as I thought.

by Anonymousreply 287April 18, 2019 3:23 PM

[quote]Oh hell. I didn't mean to say METHOD products. I was thinking of that other one, MRS. MEYERS.

That's okay, because it surely applies to some Method products as well.

Based on someone's online description of Method's beach sage scent ("fresh, crisp, herbal" he said), I ordered both fabric softener and air freshener. To me, it smelled like that Axe shit that teenage boys drench themselves in.

On the other hand, I do like the scent of Method's eucalyptus-mint bathroom cleaner.

by Anonymousreply 288April 18, 2019 5:01 PM

R242. There’s a solid argument for someone who doesn’t want smartphones. They’re expensive, not everyone wants or needs the features like email. Many people only want to use a phone as a phone. Many basic phones are free or low cost with either a subscription or pre-paid plan.

That’s pretty sensible if you’re on a fixed budget and want to keep your cost down to $5 (yes FIVE) a month.

by Anonymousreply 289April 19, 2019 2:13 AM

I don't like the way the Meyers products smell but they work very well. The Method products smell nice but they aren't effective cleaners.

by Anonymousreply 290April 19, 2019 2:15 AM

Endive beets and walnuts are a good salad. Small portion is best, though.

by Anonymousreply 291April 19, 2019 2:21 AM

r285 They haven't made PT Cruisers for years, so they can't have a "huge following." And SMART Cars are hardly popular either.

by Anonymousreply 292April 19, 2019 2:57 AM

Coconut water, even when flavored. Always tastes terrible.

by Anonymousreply 293April 19, 2019 3:10 AM

R289, posting from 2000.

by Anonymousreply 294April 19, 2019 3:15 AM

Another vote for smartphones. Seems like people just cant live without that fucking thing. It's the strongest addiction I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 295April 19, 2019 3:41 AM

r295 you feel this way because you do not have one.

by Anonymousreply 296April 19, 2019 4:34 PM

I'm not in on the Trader Joe's hate. I don't go there for unique or gourmet items as much as for reasonably priced, versions of many products.

On items like almonds or produce Trader Joe charges at least 25% less than any other store, and their version of prepared food will usually have no added msg or HFCS or chemical preservatives. The peanut butter will have nothing but peanuts and maybe salt, for example.

Also, nothing they sell is made in China, though I'm not sure that Thailand and Vietnam standards are better.

They had a liberal return policy where you can return any product just because you don't like it , but I don't know if that is still a thing.

by Anonymousreply 297April 19, 2019 7:29 PM

Tesla cars. I am definitely pro-electric, but...these cars are holding us back. Terrible factory working conditions, pseudo-elite pricing and a revered but very flawed leader make these cars the Apple of electric vehicles. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 298April 19, 2019 11:35 PM

[quote]I was thinking of that other one, MRS. MEYERS. As I was saying, they all smell like absolute shit (to me).

I think they use too much essential oils in their products and I can't stand the scent of the products. A couple of years ago when I was on a work trip and one day she was cleaning with the sprays and it was so strong and awful.

by Anonymousreply 299April 19, 2019 11:40 PM

I am a fan of Mrs. Meyer's Basil-scented products. Love that scent. All the others can go to scent Hell. Too strong and sweet. And the fabric softener is a pointless waste of money. But damn, I love the basil hand wash and basil dish soap.

by Anonymousreply 300April 20, 2019 12:09 AM

I stayed at someone's house and they had a Mrs Meyers dish detergent that was gardenia or something like that. I can buy that for hand washing but it just seemed weird to me for washing dishes.

Of course my dish detergent has a scent so I'm not sure why it made me uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 301April 20, 2019 12:10 AM

I only use JR Watkins dishwashing soap. Love Aloe & Green Tea!

by Anonymousreply 302April 20, 2019 12:15 AM

I've used some of the Mrs. Meyers cleaning sprays and I like them. I tried the dryer sheets and they were crappy products.

by Anonymousreply 303April 20, 2019 2:08 AM

Is Spam a thing in Hawai'i?

by Anonymousreply 304April 20, 2019 3:32 AM

I use Dr. Bronner's to clean my sex toys!

by Anonymousreply 305April 20, 2019 5:43 AM

R304 and all over the Asia-Pacific, along with powdered milk, condensed milk and tinned corned beef.

by Anonymousreply 306April 20, 2019 11:46 AM

In the US, the #1 consumer of Spam in Hawaii and #2 is Alaska

by Anonymousreply 307April 20, 2019 1:51 PM

I used to hate Spam and would only eat Treet.

by Anonymousreply 308April 20, 2019 1:58 PM

Horsemeat

by Anonymousreply 309April 20, 2019 5:50 PM

I like Dr. Bronner's almond soap much more than peppermint one. I've used off and on as body wash for several years now.

by Anonymousreply 310April 21, 2019 12:04 AM

I use Dr. Bronner's to wash my face twice a day. I'm 60 and get mistaken for 25 all the time!

by Anonymousreply 311April 21, 2019 12:07 AM

Prada

by Anonymousreply 312April 21, 2019 12:23 AM

Anything involving that vapid, useless, boring 'K' slash 'J' family. Get the FUCK outta my face!

by Anonymousreply 313April 21, 2019 12:26 AM

Alkaline water. A co-worker wanted to sell me a machine that made alkaline water for $5,000. She said she has more energy, feels great and her hair looks better. I said no, it was some kind of pyramid scheme. A couple of other people swore to me about alkaline water.

by Anonymousreply 314April 21, 2019 12:28 AM

it's not a pyramid scheme, fool.

by Anonymousreply 315April 23, 2019 8:40 PM

Fucking pick-um-up-trucks.

by Anonymousreply 316April 23, 2019 8:43 PM

Crossbody Fanny Packs

by Anonymousreply 317April 23, 2019 9:21 PM

R316 this guy gets it

by Anonymousreply 318April 23, 2019 10:29 PM

R296 - I have one and I loathe it. I've had people call me whilst in the loo, thinking nothing of forcing me to listen to them flushing. It has destroyed every vestige of personal boundaries in the civilised world. The incessant tinkling of arriving messages and texts makes me want to throw it against the wall, only I can't, because people simply refuse to communicate any other way.

by Anonymousreply 319April 23, 2019 10:59 PM

Pokemon. Why is this a thing?

by Anonymousreply 320April 24, 2019 12:57 AM

My friend has a 10 year old niece who is obsessed with Pokemon and has been since she was 7. It's all the loony kid talks about. She's not growing out of it. It's getting worse. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 321April 24, 2019 1:03 AM

Mindfulness training owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 322May 1, 2019 7:52 PM

Those Canadian Goose coats. Why not just pin a $1000 bill to one of your existing jackets?

by Anonymousreply 323May 1, 2019 7:59 PM

When I was in the eight grade in 1979 all the girls wore those dutch style wooden platform shoes. I forgot what they were called. KLOGS that's it.

by Anonymousreply 324May 1, 2019 8:25 PM

Maybe it's spelled CLOGS.

by Anonymousreply 325May 1, 2019 8:25 PM

The North Face

by Anonymousreply 326May 1, 2019 8:34 PM

Herschel Backpacks, $75.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327May 1, 2019 8:41 PM

Seemingly identical Vaschy backpacks, $40 marked down to $28.

Why is the Herschel the only one I ever see?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328May 1, 2019 8:41 PM

chipotle, very average food

by Anonymousreply 329May 1, 2019 8:50 PM

Panera Bread. Never had anything that tastes good from that place. It all tastes like .......like food-like food. Not real food. My husband & son adore it.

by Anonymousreply 330May 1, 2019 10:03 PM

R314, maybe it's a pyramid scheme, maybe it's not. But if you have functioning kidneys and lungs, your body will adjust your pH just fine.

by Anonymousreply 331May 1, 2019 10:17 PM

Under Armor, is it good quality? I see that damn symbol everywhere. Is it just clothes?

by Anonymousreply 332May 2, 2019 2:56 PM

DONALD TRUMP

by Anonymousreply 333May 2, 2019 3:01 PM

How original and hilarious r333.

*violent eye roll*

by Anonymousreply 334May 2, 2019 3:05 PM

The Magic Eraser. Maybe I'm using it wrong or my stains are unusual, because it's not working for me. .

by Anonymousreply 335May 2, 2019 3:10 PM

R335 Are you wetting them before use?

by Anonymousreply 336May 2, 2019 3:12 PM

Yeah, I'm wetting them.

by Anonymousreply 337May 2, 2019 3:18 PM

I’m with you, r335, those things suck.

by Anonymousreply 338May 2, 2019 3:34 PM

Seventh Generation cleaning wipes

by Anonymousreply 339April 15, 2020 9:21 PM

Condoms

by Anonymousreply 340April 15, 2020 9:26 PM

Why was R333 marked as a troll? Truer fucking words that are DIRECTLY related to the title of this post, were never spoken. Definitely worth repeating:

DONALD TRUMP

by Anonymousreply 341April 15, 2020 9:30 PM

Fell down a rabbit hole with all of the Vogue beauty videos. It's funny watching them all promote Barbra Sturm products. Just no subtlety at all.

by Anonymousreply 342April 16, 2020 3:52 PM

Vaping

by Anonymousreply 343April 16, 2020 6:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!