Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is the best thing you have eaten?

I’ll never forget a chocolate soufflé I had in Pasadena.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145February 20, 2021 4:47 PM

Your mom.

by Anonymousreply 1April 9, 2019 2:33 AM

My husband's ass.

by Anonymousreply 2April 9, 2019 2:37 AM

I, too, had the most fabulous chocolate souffle years ago on the UES, at a wine bar . .. .PERFECTION!

by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2019 2:42 AM

An apple

by Anonymousreply 4April 9, 2019 2:45 AM

I had a crab souffle at a resteraunt in Pittsburgh, of all places. Don’t know the name of the place. Anyway, it was phenomenal. Very surprising.

by Anonymousreply 5April 9, 2019 2:48 AM

Brains.

by Anonymousreply 6April 9, 2019 2:57 AM

OP, where in Pasadena?

by Anonymousreply 7April 9, 2019 2:59 AM

The sweetbreads at this long since closed restaurant in Sonoma, I can't remember the name now. Every bite was heaven. I've had sweetbreads since, but they have all disappointed in comparison.

The beef ribs at Mr Powdrell's Barbeque in Albuquerque. SO meaty (rare for beef ribs) perfectly cooked. I think about those fucking ribs every day.

by Anonymousreply 8April 9, 2019 3:00 AM

Im not a burger person at all but the burger at the pool bar at the Kahala hotel in Oahu was the best thing ever.

by Anonymousreply 9April 9, 2019 3:04 AM

Flan at a restaurant in NYC called BRAZIL BRAZIL. I was never big on flan and have only had it a few times in my life but this was EXCELLENT. I don't know if it's the best thing I've ever eaten but it was one of the best deserts I've ever had.

by Anonymousreply 10April 9, 2019 3:06 AM

Tortilla soup at the Blue Moon in Tulsa.

by Anonymousreply 11April 9, 2019 3:06 AM

I think it was called Jacques but I can’t remember exactly as it was in the 1990’s. It was actually called Chocolate Soup. It was amazing!

by Anonymousreply 12April 9, 2019 7:00 PM

Creme Broule - I did two different versions. One where I didn't strain it, the other where I did. Both were excellent but the latter was in two words, fucking awesome.

by Anonymousreply 13April 9, 2019 7:06 PM

Big Mac

by Anonymousreply 14April 9, 2019 7:07 PM

🍩🍩🍩

by Anonymousreply 15April 9, 2019 7:09 PM

New England clam chowder in the famous Boston plantation-style restaurant where you eat upstairs. Legal Sea Food was also excellent, but preferred the old-style place. Any ideas? Blanking on name (Google not helping).

by Anonymousreply 16April 9, 2019 7:15 PM

I think this belongs in the Rachel Ray is FAT! thread.

by Anonymousreply 17April 9, 2019 7:16 PM

Fantastic eclairs at some patisserie in Paris near George V, and I have no idea which one it was. The best eclairs I’ve ever eaten.

by Anonymousreply 18April 9, 2019 7:17 PM

Hawaiian food in Encinitas it was called Khalanis. The best rice, macaroni salad and Katsu Chicken.

by Anonymousreply 19April 9, 2019 7:20 PM

R15 that’s funny! Homer will eat donuts with a Diet Coke.

by Anonymousreply 20April 9, 2019 7:21 PM

Chicken tortilla soup at The Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas

by Anonymousreply 21April 9, 2019 7:23 PM

A tic tac

by Anonymousreply 22April 9, 2019 8:45 PM

oysters bisque my dad made years ago. The texture, the flavor was just perfect.

by Anonymousreply 23April 9, 2019 8:54 PM

Cheryl’s Bearded Clam Sandwich

by Anonymousreply 24April 9, 2019 8:56 PM

Crème brûlée, R13. There's no "o".

by Anonymousreply 25April 9, 2019 8:58 PM

Farmed New Zealand venison in cherry brandy sauce with sautéed root vegetables at the Top of the Tower, Birmingham, Alabama.

Close second: Eggs Benedict, Sheraton Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Even the exquisite cooking in New Orleans didn't compare (at least at that time).

Very close competition is the Red Beans & Rice, Natchitoches Meat Pies at Lasyonne's, Natchitoches, Louisiana.

by Anonymousreply 26April 9, 2019 9:02 PM

I have had ribs from Powdrell's, too, R8. Splendid. I had an amazing lobster bisque at a hotel in downtown Washington D.C., on Christmas Eve day about 12 years ago. Creamy, boozy, lobster-y perfection.

by Anonymousreply 27April 9, 2019 9:09 PM

Tom's ass.

by Anonymousreply 28April 9, 2019 9:23 PM

Steak at Gotham in NYC. It was like velvet and so juicy with a port or red wine glaze.

by Anonymousreply 29April 9, 2019 9:25 PM

Bread Pudding with whiskey sauce at the Sonoma Hotel on the square.

by Anonymousreply 30April 9, 2019 9:30 PM

Meh, Lance.

Five Guys Burger with rings.

by Anonymousreply 31April 9, 2019 9:36 PM

Damn fine cherry pie and coffee at the Double R diner.

by Anonymousreply 32April 9, 2019 9:36 PM

In and Out Burger double double with extra cheese and spread.

by Anonymousreply 33April 10, 2019 12:20 AM

Simple crab cake breakfast on a pier in Monterey. Delicately spiced, generous sized patties with huge chunks of fresh crabmeat with a sauce that seemed to be a variation on hollandaise and which the cook would not give me.

I had to go a second time before I left.

by Anonymousreply 34April 10, 2019 12:25 AM

R16 do you mean Durgin Park? Sadly they are closing. End of an era.

by Anonymousreply 35April 10, 2019 2:15 AM

Any waffle from a waffle stand in souther Holland. Crunchy, sweet, savory Heaven

by Anonymousreply 36April 10, 2019 2:19 AM

I was in hospital several years ago for kidney surgery and the food was typically gross. Then one day they brought me a broccoli cheese omelet and, to my surprise, it was the best thing I’ve ever eaten. True story.

by Anonymousreply 37April 10, 2019 2:32 AM

Chicken Fried Steak with cream gravy at Babe's Chicken.

by Anonymousreply 38April 10, 2019 2:38 AM

I don't eat much meat, and very rarely ever eat steak, but I would have to answer Prime Rib. Done right it is probably the best thing I have ever ate and I have a huge sweet tooth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 10, 2019 2:46 AM

My mom’s mashed potatoes, range free chicken and Caesar salad.

by Anonymousreply 40April 10, 2019 2:47 AM

A perfectly steamed lobster at papas brothers in Dallas. Heaven

by Anonymousreply 41April 10, 2019 4:08 AM

The Golden Bowl at The Grit in Athens , GA.

by Anonymousreply 42April 10, 2019 5:01 AM

Ricotta cheese gelato with candied orange bits, Siena

by Anonymousreply 43April 10, 2019 5:15 AM

r39 Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Sadly, finding it properly rare (and it better be fucking rare) is hard to find. I'm in the SF Bay Area, and the good Prime Rib houses are insanely expensive, but they still tend to fuck it up.

by Anonymousreply 44April 10, 2019 5:36 AM

Yes, R35! That's it. Thank you.

Absolutely spectacular... the brown bread, the oysters, the lobster and steak (though I didn't indulge in that) and the overall atmosphere brought you back to the 1900s.

But, the clam chowder... words don't do it justice. Best anything ever.

by Anonymousreply 45April 10, 2019 5:44 AM

My mom's devils food cake with seven minute frosting. She made this cake for my birthday every year.

by Anonymousreply 46April 10, 2019 6:06 AM

A Belgian waffle from a street vendor in Brugge - hot, fresh, and incredibly delish.

by Anonymousreply 47April 10, 2019 6:09 AM

This is so hard to answer without categories (best pizza, best French, best Italian, best burger, etc...)

I had a savory crepe in Montreal with chicken in mushroom sauce that has to be in the top 10 for me... not sure if it was the best, but it was pretty amazing. I got the dessert crepe after (was not planning that) - but I was in love. It was also very good.

Giordano's stuffed veggie pizza (20 years ago - mildly changed now). It's still pretty good from Rush street only, though.

by Anonymousreply 48April 10, 2019 6:13 AM

Seafood in Sai Kung out of Hong Kong. Now years later, I’m horrified at the idea of picking your dinner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 10, 2019 6:17 AM

r23 made me cry. I know, MARY! But my dad made the same incredible thing as you describe. I have tried to reconstruct it a hundred times. Total hockey buzzer.

I really miss him.

He also used to make fried bologna cups that had the most creamy scrambled eggs inside with a bit of green onions in them.

I'm teary. I know. MARY! But he loved me no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 50April 10, 2019 7:05 AM

R44 I haven't had Prime Rib in a restaurant in several years because that is just expensive. It is way cheaper but still expensive to just make it yourself. It is probably one of the easiest things ever to fix, it has such great flavor naturally that it really isn't necessary to do much except bake/roast it.

Only time it was't just perfect, when I made it myself, was when I followed the directions and inserted a meat thermometer and cooked to the correct internal temperature which resulted in it being over cooked and not pink in the center. It was still a great meal just not as good as normal.

by Anonymousreply 51April 10, 2019 10:14 AM

r51 That is exactly why I am afraid to cook my own. I love it really rare, but every recipe I have read, I can tell it would turn out overcooked, and that is an expensive mistake I can't afford. This is also why I never use meat thermometers.

Could you please give us your recipe/method?

by Anonymousreply 52April 10, 2019 10:07 PM

R52, I just follow whatever directions are on the label that comes with the roast which is just the number of hours to cook for however many pounds the roast is, I cook it for the recommended time but not the recommended internal temperature because that will not give you that pink tasteful center. I do nothing to the roast other than cooking, no seasonings at all, IMHO Prime Rib doesn't need any seasoning except a little salt at the table, last thing I want is to cover up the favor of the Prime Rib.

If you buy Prime Rib from a butcher that isn't pre-packaged you can look up recommended cook times on line I am sure. I do use one of those plastic cooking bags but I do that mainly to make clean up easy.

I normally buy a large roast, because Prime Rib leftovers can be frozen, thawed and reheated under a broiler and still taste just as good as fresh. I just recently finished my Prime Rib from Christmas. Mmmmm Good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 10, 2019 10:38 PM

Thanks r53! And you are cooking bone-in roast correct?

by Anonymousreply 54April 10, 2019 10:50 PM

Correct R54. Let us know how it turns out.

by Anonymousreply 55April 10, 2019 10:52 PM

Entenmanns holiday cupcakes

by Anonymousreply 56April 10, 2019 10:58 PM

Peanut Butter Pie. I remember this restaurant downtown. I remember the day that I had it just like I remember yesterday. The waitress, her name was Sonya, I remember she had B.O. She handed me the pie -- this is true -- I took one bite and I swear... time stood still. I remember that day like some people remember Kennedy's death!

by Anonymousreply 57April 10, 2019 11:01 PM

The Chinese food that should be delivered within the next half hour.

I haven’t eaten a thing all day and I’m starving.

by Anonymousreply 58April 10, 2019 11:09 PM

Once had a black bottom pie experience like that r57.

by Anonymousreply 59April 10, 2019 11:13 PM

Oysters Rockefeller at a now-closed restaurant downtown, Just a few ingredients, perfectly balanced, and the oysters were just done, but not overcooked.

by Anonymousreply 60April 10, 2019 11:16 PM

[quote] Peanut Butter Pie. I remember this restaurant downtown.

Which city's downtown was this exactly?

by Anonymousreply 61April 10, 2019 11:16 PM

There used to be a little French place in midtown that was like a fast food lunch place. It had the best damn quiche ever. It was baked in a rectangular dish and you’d get a big fat square of it, with chunks of ham and only a little bit of cheese. It was so custardy and creamy. The place is gone now, but I still think about it often.

by Anonymousreply 62April 11, 2019 12:32 AM

When I was working for AT&T, I went to Paris for a meeting. Never could have afforded to go there back then (the 90's). I had an incredible ham and cheese sandwich on a baguette sold by a street vendor. I've tried to replicate it but can't get it right. There was hard boiled egg, smoked ham, some light cheese like brie and some type of dressing. The company sent me out to dinner at great restaurants for the five days that I was there, but that fucking sandwich was the best thing I ever tasted.

by Anonymousreply 63April 11, 2019 12:33 AM

I just had an incredible steak at a restaurant in Venice, right off Piazza San Marco. I was skeptical, since it was so close to such a tourist center, but such a perfect steak!

by Anonymousreply 64April 11, 2019 12:56 AM

[R39], [R44] Love their prime rib...and the creamed spinach (guess that makes *two* of the best things I've eaten)!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 11, 2019 2:01 AM

A big piece of Dutch chocolate cake and a cup of the richest, darkest, coffee you can imagine from a street vendor in Amsterdam. I hadn't eaten or slept in over 24 hours, and that cake and coffee hit me like a charge of electricity. I had to sit down for several minutes while my body came to terms with that jolt of chocolate, sugar and caffeine.

Best meal was at the old Berghoff Restaurant in Chicago years ago (not this new version, the old one). Roast duck with wild rice dressing and a wild berry sauce. creamed spinach on the side. I went back many times looking for that duck. The had it on the menu seasonally, but it was never as good as the first time.

Best dessert was a dish of sesame seed gelato from a little stand in Cologne, Germany. The flavor of the roasted sesame combined with the fresh gelato was beyond wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 66April 11, 2019 2:23 AM

Sipping coffee with cream, eating a plain croissant with preserves and butter at Fig Tree’s restaurant in Venice Beach while looking at the parade is heaven.

by Anonymousreply 67April 11, 2019 2:30 AM

The best ribs and brisket I ever had was at a BBQ joint that was located in the Austin airport. I was stuck there on a layover. It was so good that a few years later, I flew back to Austin just to eat there again, sadly while they still had BBQ places in the airport, but it was not the same one and it wasn't as good.

by Anonymousreply 68April 11, 2019 2:38 AM

Grapefruit Pie. It was incredible. I never had it before and was hesitant eating a piece. Fantastic!

by Anonymousreply 69April 11, 2019 3:06 AM

Probably the fried haddock, fries and onion rings at a take-out joint called Charlie's in Lynn Mass. I haven't been there in ages, but it's still there. Fucking awesome!

by Anonymousreply 70April 11, 2019 3:53 AM

Luke Bryan's ass...mmmm, yum

by Anonymousreply 71April 11, 2019 4:11 AM

OP, I, like R7, would like to know where in Pasadena?

by Anonymousreply 72April 11, 2019 4:15 AM

2 things come to mind: scallops I pan seared that I caught myself diving the Channel Islands in California. Perfection. Also a piece of key lime pie I had in Key West at the place called the blonde giraffe. Still remember how it tasted.

by Anonymousreply 73April 11, 2019 5:02 AM

OP, what a great idea for a thread. Bringing back a LOT of memories. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 74April 11, 2019 5:26 AM

Ethiopian, Washington D.C., DAS? I think it was Tikil Gomen and a variety of Wats that was like taking a sensory journey with spice. I LOVE Ethiopian food. I love the texture of Injera, which is chewy and spongy at the same time and you scoop up all this delicious goop with it and the spiced fats get caught up in the holes.

by Anonymousreply 75April 11, 2019 5:43 AM

...and there's really nothing like honey roasted cashews in Boston.

by Anonymousreply 76April 11, 2019 5:45 AM

R75

A now-closed local Ethiopian restaurant used to serve a buffet at lunch. One of the saddest sights was a stack of forks and big bowl of white rice for westerners who could not (bring themselves to) eat with injera.

by Anonymousreply 77April 11, 2019 5:55 AM

R77 But injera provides the perfect, complimenting texture to the stewed vegetables and pulses.

by Anonymousreply 78April 11, 2019 5:58 AM

Best Ethiopian I have ever had is in Grand Rapids. Little Africa. Beer city has a fantastic food scene. You name it, they have it. It's not just wet burritos (the GR city food, which I don't quite get) Best Caribbean too. Chez Olga! The goat soup is fucking fantastic, and you can get it truly hot, not just "safe" hot.

by Anonymousreply 79April 11, 2019 6:07 AM

So fucking pretentious is r77

by Anonymousreply 80April 11, 2019 6:13 AM

36 courses of dumplings in a dumplings-only house in Xian. We didn't number enough to order the 72 courses available.

by Anonymousreply 81April 11, 2019 6:58 AM

Carnitas at a restaurant on Sanata Row in CA back in 2007. Dear goodness that stuff was delicious, large chunks of super tender pork that was crispy on the outside, Mexican rice, home made flour tortillas, and guacamole made fresh at the table.

by Anonymousreply 82April 11, 2019 7:23 AM

R82 here, sorry, typo - Santana Row

by Anonymousreply 83April 11, 2019 7:26 AM

R83 If you feel comfortable telling me where you are now, I can probably point you toward a good carniceria that will have what you are looking for. I am a carnitas whore. Hard to find the perfect blend of creamy and crispy. The places that do it well also usually make the best Pico de Gallo. Oh my fucking god I am starving.

by Anonymousreply 84April 11, 2019 7:36 AM

OK, go ahead and laugh... With the exception of Grape Nuts, I am in no way a cereal person. I hate sweet things for the most part, and most cereal is sickeningly sweet. Last week, my food delivery service fucked up and delivered Raisin Bran by accident. I was pissed but hung onto it. This evening I dove into a big bowl with a massive amount of whole milk. It was like kissing god. I am wearing my shame cone, so no need to rub it in. It was so fucking good though...Too, too good... *looks toward the pantry longingly*

by Anonymousreply 85April 11, 2019 10:49 AM

Whale burger

by Anonymousreply 86April 11, 2019 11:20 AM

Chrissy Metz cunt

by Anonymousreply 87April 11, 2019 12:54 PM

The macaroni with black truffle at Epicure in Paris.

It's so sublime, life is rendered meaningless once you've finished.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 11, 2019 1:18 PM

Scrambled eggs with black truffle at La Belle Ferronnière in Paris after an overnight flight from New York.

by Anonymousreply 89April 11, 2019 2:03 PM

McDonalds in New England sell Lobster Roll. It's only available in New England I saw it at a rest stop in Connecticut in 2017. They charged $10.99 for it.

by Anonymousreply 90April 11, 2019 6:40 PM

"Love Letters" at Todd English on The QEII. They were truffle potato stuffed ravioli. I still dreams of them..

by Anonymousreply 91April 11, 2019 6:56 PM

Fresh picked sweet corn at a picnic run by the Amish in Iowa, and by fresh picked I mean still on the stalk 10 minutes before. They went over and picked the corn then threw it into big metal tanks with hot water and about 20 pounds of butter floating on the top like a yellow oil slick. I knew about how the sugars start turning to starches once the corn is picked, but I had no idea how good corn could be. I know I ate at least 6 ears, maybe more.

by Anonymousreply 92April 11, 2019 7:07 PM

I was about 22, female, and I weighed about 110lbs. My former mother-in-law had a clambake for my father-in laws birthday on Long Island. They brought in galvanized garbage cans full of corn on the cob, lobsters and other stuff. People ate a little but then went and got bags and bags and bags of McDonald's. I thought the hell with this. I sat down and ate 9 lobsters. They were the best ever. I did not eat any McDonald's.

by Anonymousreply 93April 11, 2019 7:20 PM

Waffle House hashbrowns with two over easy eggs.

by Anonymousreply 94April 11, 2019 7:29 PM

R63 I had a similar experience in Paris. I was travelling with familly in 1996. I bought a ham sandwich from a vending machine in the train station, and it was hands down the best sandwich I've ever had. It was just a simple baguette, sliced down the middle, smeared with butter with some very thin slices of ham. The quality of every ingredient was unlike anything I had ever experienced before. Normally I would have thought butter on a ham sandwich would have been disgusting, but it wasn't. The bread was so fresh and flavorful, and the ham was exquisite. It's been over twenty years, and I still think about how good that ham sandwich was.

by Anonymousreply 95April 11, 2019 7:45 PM

Tiny little coquina clams on the beach in Elba.

by Anonymousreply 96April 11, 2019 7:46 PM

French fries at Albert Cupmarkt in Amsterdam.

by Anonymousreply 97April 11, 2019 7:48 PM

Albert Cuypmarkt, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 98April 11, 2019 7:48 PM

I can’t spell the name of the restaurant but I’ll try phonetically, Jacq-oo-lay. I think that was the name and it was off Colorado Blvd on a side street. It was small and dark. I’ve googled it and I can’t find any trace of it.

by Anonymousreply 99April 12, 2019 12:38 AM

Skirt Steak with mashed potatoes at the Broadway Deli in Santa Monica. It is permanently closed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 12, 2019 12:40 AM

Grits at the Marriott Marquis in Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 101April 12, 2019 12:51 AM

Escargot in Paris

Crawfish Monica at Jazz Fest in NoLa

by Anonymousreply 102April 12, 2019 12:53 AM

Chicken mole at cafe poca cosa in Tucson

Chile Colorado at the little poca cosa in Tucson

Clams casino pizza at Pepe's in new haven CT

Grilled pork banh mi at banh mi Saigon in NYC

New England clam chowder at union oyster house Boston

Raw Oysters and crudo at Row 34 seafood in Boston

by Anonymousreply 103April 12, 2019 12:00 PM

R99, thanks OP. I take it this was many years ago then.

by Anonymousreply 104April 12, 2019 1:30 PM

A meatball omelette from The Red Gravy Cafe in New Orleans. Good God I still dream about that breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 105April 12, 2019 1:47 PM

r93 I love you.

by Anonymousreply 106April 12, 2019 9:54 PM

A roommate and friend cooked me spaghetti and jarred sauce, the first night I moved into my first apartment. It was delicious!

by Anonymousreply 107April 12, 2019 10:02 PM

R93 I once ate 5 lobsters at a Mother’s Day brunch 3 years ago. You’re my hero.

by Anonymousreply 108April 12, 2019 11:18 PM

Hawaiian pizza with extra pineapple from Papa Johns. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 109April 12, 2019 11:19 PM

Yes it was quite awhile maybe 1992.

by Anonymousreply 110April 13, 2019 12:28 AM

Lobster with rice, beans, butter, tortillas at Puerto Nuevo in Rosario Beach—-1983.

by Anonymousreply 111April 14, 2019 8:19 PM

-All of the food in Quebec City was amazing. I specifically remember a crepe place with the richest chocolate sauce I ever tasted and a French restaurant with a perfectly cooked duck breast with some sort of port/cherry sauce that was unbelievable. -Pork Soup Dumplings (sometimes called Juicy Buns) at a now closed restaurant in midtown Manhattan called John’s Shanghai (not to be confused with Joe’s). I’ve had the same dish in several other restaurants and it is always delicious but never as flavorful. -Another closed restaurant, Le Palais in Atlantic City, had perhaps the best price-fixed meal I ever had- asparagus soup, chicken with a lemongrass/mango sauce, and cinnamon dumplings. -Believe it or not, the best steak I ever had was the Wagyu at a specialty steakhouse on a Carnival cruise ship. Better than the Palm, Peter Luger, Morton’s, etc. The rest of that meal was phenomenal as well, including an incredible tuna tartare and chocolate “globe” that turned into a soup when sauce was poured on it.

by Anonymousreply 112April 14, 2019 8:57 PM

I'm not crazy about Cream Savers candy or yogurt in general but the 5 different Cream Savers Yogurts (Strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberry, Peach & Orange) drove me crazy with delight whenever they were available.

Sadly, I don't think they make any of the 5 flavors anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 14, 2019 9:16 PM

A bowl of ramen in some tiny place in Tokyo where I chose randomly from a menu I couldn’t understand.

by Anonymousreply 114April 14, 2019 9:18 PM

Local spot prawns.

by Anonymousreply 115April 14, 2019 11:45 PM

My homemade Sour Cream Pancakes served with whipped butter and pure maple syrup.

by Anonymousreply 116April 14, 2019 11:48 PM

Pear gelato at a store in Italy. It was like biting i to a frozen pear. I still remember it and this must have been 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 117April 15, 2019 12:22 AM

My Russian boyfriend's ass. It always smelled and tasted great.

by Anonymousreply 118April 15, 2019 2:17 AM

While were on the subject-What is the preferred word for the eating ass-ANALINGUS,RIMMING or LICKING ASS. I think ANALINGUS has a nice ring to it.

by Anonymousreply 119April 15, 2019 2:59 AM

Years ago I was in Queenstown, New Zealand on vacation and found this little Indian restaurant in a mall food court. Best chicken tikka masala and butter chicken I ever tasted. I went back several times that week, and to this day I've never had Indian food that good.

by Anonymousreply 120April 15, 2019 3:32 PM

R113 isn’t it amazing when two wrongs make a right? I don’t care for sour cream and despise onions, but sour cream/onion dip is delicious!

by Anonymousreply 121April 15, 2019 10:20 PM

ONE of the best things I've ever eaten is a Mrs. Fields Milk Chocolate Macadamia cookie at Bloomingdales ca. 1995.

by Anonymousreply 122February 19, 2021 2:12 PM

fat

by Anonymousreply 123February 19, 2021 2:15 PM

Fondue in Gruyères.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124February 19, 2021 2:16 PM

Beef stroganoff prepared by my cousin's wife. Not a terribly classy dish on the face of it, but that woman could make a bowl of oatmeal taste like caviar. I have never seen a cook/baker like her. She even makes her own candy. Everything is exquisite and tasty.

by Anonymousreply 125February 19, 2021 3:00 PM

Miss Lucy- In 1966 Beef Stroganoff WAS considered CLASSY.

by Anonymousreply 126February 19, 2021 3:02 PM

Just-picked porcini mushrooms in Umbria, grilled with garlic butter. Insane.

The Crab Louis salad at Ferry Plaza Seafood, when it was open. Sublime.

Smoked sable from Russ & Daughters Appetizing. Sensual and primal.

Iranian beluga caviar. Once in a lifetime possibly. There's a reason people lose their minds over caviar.

by Anonymousreply 127February 19, 2021 4:56 PM

A salad at Chez Panisse in Berkeley, CA. That was the first time I ate a salad with homemade salad dressing (oil & vinegar), tossed to coat all the leaves & items in the salad. I realized I could make salad dressings & do the same thing. I still make my own salad dressings. Very easy.

The rest of the meal, I have forgotten. Oh, yeah. I do remember dessert, which was bing cherries and some cookies.

by Anonymousreply 128February 19, 2021 5:03 PM

A filet mignon at the Lobster Pot in Dublin, Ireland. Also gooey butter cak.

by Anonymousreply 129February 19, 2021 5:08 PM

r99 OP, you were very lucky to enjoy your chocolate soufflé. Café Jacoulet was only open from 1984 to 1990.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130February 19, 2021 5:54 PM

More information on Café Jacoulet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 19, 2021 5:59 PM

R127- You sound so PRETENTIOUS.

by Anonymousreply 132February 19, 2021 6:30 PM

Ebinger's (Chocolate) Blackout Cake

by Anonymousreply 133February 19, 2021 10:11 PM

Who’s the asshole who said an apple?

by Anonymousreply 134February 19, 2021 10:17 PM

And the asshole who said a Mrs. Fields cookie?

What a bunch of assholes on this thread

by Anonymousreply 135February 19, 2021 10:19 PM

The Incroyable at Aux Merveilleux de Fred in Brussels. This meringue, white chocolate and whipped cream dessert is hands down the most amazing thing I have ever eaten.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 19, 2021 11:06 PM

There used to be this restaurant here that had this side dish of whipped sweet potatoes with shiitake mushrooms mixed in. I know it sounds really simple, and I have no idea what else they put in it...but fuck, it was good! It wasn’t sweet at all. That restaurant has been gone for years, but I can still taste it. Before they closed, my partner ordered a whole pan of it for my birthday.

No, I’m not fat.

by Anonymousreply 137February 20, 2021 12:05 AM

Mussels in champagne with straw cut fries (fried in duck oil).

by Anonymousreply 138February 20, 2021 12:09 AM

Uncut euro cock

by Anonymousreply 139February 20, 2021 4:41 AM

I don't think I could narrow it down to a single best thing, but there have been a few things so good that I would still be thinking about them days later:

Fried eggs, potatoes and garlic kalua pig hash at a breakfast place in Kapolei on Oahu

Tres leches cake at Casita Miramar in San Juan

Chocolate pie at Carshon's Deli in Fort Worth

by Anonymousreply 140February 20, 2021 5:13 AM

I never cared about FLAN one way or the other but THE BEST Flan I ever had was at a restaurant in Manhattan called Brazil Brazil. The Flan there was EXCELLENT.

by Anonymousreply 141February 20, 2021 11:20 AM

Lobster Eggs Benedict at the California Grill. One of those things where the joy of eating such a thing is almost too much.

by Anonymousreply 142February 20, 2021 12:02 PM

Decades ago, when my sister and I were poor starving students, we went to the Getty Museum when visiting LA. A piece of cheesecake at a budget busting $5, but it tasted so amazing that we bought another.

I also remember a stunning chicken in pepper sauce in Paris. I commented, “This is the best chicken I’ve ever had!”

by Anonymousreply 143February 20, 2021 12:05 PM

R4 es Sarah Jessica Parker

by Anonymousreply 144February 20, 2021 4:36 PM

R144 es Hilaria Baldwino!

by Anonymousreply 145February 20, 2021 4:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!