Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What makes a person exhausting?

For me, someone who describes the entire plot of a movie or TV show you've never seen in great detail and you're supposed to sit there and pretend to care.

by Anonymousreply 179May 5, 2019 2:07 PM

The Professional Victim. Nothing EVER goes right. I have no idea how hard they work to fuck it up.

by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2019 10:28 PM

Lack of common courtesy.

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2019 10:28 PM

It's someone who insists on a one on one conversation while a larger group conversation is going on. I find this very annoying.

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2019 10:29 PM

Actually, OP, my brother in law does that, but he does it in such a way that you want to watch the movie or show. He has always been right in the 20 years I've known him. He speaks with great passion and you understand why he is so into it.

Other exhausters:

Goes on and on with great gravitas about people I don't know and never will

Talks to you in a condescending tone about stupid shit.

All talk and no listen......for hours

Not intelligent, not funny, not wise, not insightful, boring.

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2019 10:31 PM

A frau showing the way she tracks her grown adult child (22 yearly old is the oldest one) on her iPhone,giving every single detail, same frau showing endless nonsense and the people she stalks on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2019 10:33 PM

People who shit on their living room floor.

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2019 10:36 PM

Low talkers

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2019 10:37 PM

[QUOTE] Goes on and on with great gravitas about people I don't know and never will

Yeah, and people who think their family history is so important, and always talking about dead family members.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2019 10:41 PM

People that can't answer questions directly and succinctly. People who take advantage of any question directed at them to hear themselves talk. Answer the question and shut up!

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2019 10:41 PM

OP, you are describing my mother.

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2019 10:41 PM

People who talk and talk and I have no clue what they are talking about and no idea what to say to them.

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2019 10:43 PM

When they don't shut up or seem to understand any cues that they need to stop talking.

I had an issue with a large purchase and every call to the salesperson was 45 minutes of him talking - 90% of which was unnecessary. There was no other way to resolve the situation except to go through him - so I just put it on speaker and did other things until he was done.

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2019 10:47 PM

Oddly enough, it's mostly men who can't seem to make a long story short, if you are telling a story about someone I don't know, just give me the highlights.

by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2019 10:55 PM

A person who always wants to play Devil's Advocate is exhausting.

Long-winded, non-succinct people.

People who focus on one, relatively tiny thing and don't focus on the big picture.

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2019 11:00 PM

People who won't learn English and want you to speak into their phone app and have it translate, to have a conversation.

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2019 11:01 PM

Shouting, seething, name-calling, making threats of harm/self-harm, overwhelming negativity in conversation, passive aggression leaking from every pore...

by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2019 11:02 PM

People with flatulence issues.

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2019 11:03 PM

Anyone who describes a dream they had the other night.

by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2019 11:04 PM

Debbie downers. Everything is so very tragic and sad. I'm describing my brother's wife who has Fox News on all the time.

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2019 11:06 PM

My co-worker who went to France for a week and now won’t shut up about how she got a “real French meal” there.

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2019 11:10 PM

Gay men who have to tell everyone about their sex escapades, real or imagined.

by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2019 11:12 PM

People who use phrases like "mild to wild"

by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2019 11:13 PM

I agree r21. Like I give a shit about someone’s nasty sex life. Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 23April 8, 2019 11:15 PM

No intellectual curiosity.

by Anonymousreply 24April 8, 2019 11:25 PM

Rage-a-holics

People who are always complaining, talking behind someone's back, reveling in others unhappiness

People trying to sell you shit or get you to sell shit for them

Mentally ill who refuse to medicate

by Anonymousreply 25April 8, 2019 11:42 PM

Friends that call and tell you their problems, even though the problems are the same one's that person commits over, and over, and over again. Day after day, week after week.

by Anonymousreply 26April 8, 2019 11:42 PM

Trump supporters are exhausting because they are oblivious to reality and refuse to accept facts. It's very draining to be around them.

by Anonymousreply 27April 8, 2019 11:49 PM

People who find themselves endlessly fascinating, and prattle on and on about the trivial details of their oh-so-fascinating lives.

Especially if they treat captive listeners as interchangeable pairs of ears.

by Anonymousreply 28April 8, 2019 11:51 PM

R8 I agree. These people who have had their DNA done and have gotten into genealogy. They want to tell you about every family member they've found. Who the fuck cares?

by Anonymousreply 29April 8, 2019 11:53 PM

Anyone under 40.

by Anonymousreply 30April 8, 2019 11:54 PM

Idiots that believe every article on the internet and everything on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

by Anonymousreply 31April 8, 2019 11:58 PM

People explaining gender and sexuality as if they invented it.

by Anonymousreply 32April 9, 2019 12:00 AM

People who are ON ALL THE TIME. They have to be the one who says the wittiest, funniest thing all the time, making you feel like they are competing with everyone to make the best bon mot. They have to be the center of attention all the fucking time.

by Anonymousreply 33April 9, 2019 12:02 AM

R39, I call them on it. When they act out, I say loudly and forcibly, "We know you're here!" It shuts them up every time.

by Anonymousreply 34April 9, 2019 12:16 AM

gay men who have a chip on their shoulder against all muslims

by Anonymousreply 35April 9, 2019 12:48 AM

Libs who still talk about the Mueller report and Trump being guilty. Libs who want Trumps tax returns but will never receive them. Libs in general...

by Anonymousreply 36April 9, 2019 12:54 AM

People who say every sentence like it's a question?

by Anonymousreply 37April 9, 2019 12:58 AM

Gay men who are Muslim apologists.

by Anonymousreply 38April 9, 2019 1:00 AM

Straight guys that hoo and ha about every single girl that walks buy them even if they're mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 39April 9, 2019 1:01 AM

People who talk about themselves more than they talk about any other subject.

by Anonymousreply 40April 9, 2019 1:05 AM

Behaving like Markle.

by Anonymousreply 41April 9, 2019 1:58 AM

Shared genes.

Also, a tie.

by Anonymousreply 42April 9, 2019 2:20 AM

Breeders who would never post a picture of them self posting endless amounts of baby picks over and over and over several times a day or week. You had a baby or grand child. Good got the memo. So what else is going on in your life? OH, Nothing!

by Anonymousreply 43April 9, 2019 3:00 AM

Grammar nazis.

People who negate assertions with obvious exceptions that any reasonable adult could intuit.

People that “Eeyore” any happy event or occasion with their own tale of woe because it has happened to them or made them happy.

by Anonymousreply 44April 9, 2019 3:10 AM

Losers that scour DL posts for obvious autocorrect typos so they can gleefully post, “Oh, Dear” on threads.

by Anonymousreply 45April 9, 2019 1:50 PM

[quote]People that can't answer questions directly and succinctly.

People who say "people that."

by Anonymousreply 46April 9, 2019 1:54 PM

Typing "rs" for "relationship.

by Anonymousreply 47April 9, 2019 1:59 PM

Bragging, "humbly" or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 48April 9, 2019 2:08 PM

There's a big difference between what makes a person a bore and what makes them exhausting. The bore you can walk away from, and they don't even notice. The exhausting person is a bore who's needy and who always has their eye on you to see if they're getting your attention. They need reaction to feed them.

by Anonymousreply 49April 9, 2019 2:39 PM

[quote]For me, someone who describes the entire plot of a movie or TV show you've never seen in great detail and you're supposed to sit there and pretend to care.

Another one is people who, while you're watching TV with them, every time they find a scene amusing, they loudly describe the scene they just saw. Right. After. It. Happens.

"HA! HA! DID YOU SEE THAT?! BOB TOLD HER 'I WOULD RATHER BE EATING MY HOT COLLEAGUE'S ASS THAN YOUR LOUSY QUICHE, BARBARA'! HA! HA! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!? HA! HA! CAN YOU BELIEVE HE SAID 'I WOULD RATHER BE EATING MY HOT COLLEAGUE'S ASS THAN YOUR LOUSY QUICHE, BARBARA'?! HE SURE TOLD HER OFF! HA! HA! AND THEN HE JUST FLOUNCED AWAY, JUST LIKE THAT! DID YOU SEE THE WAY HE JUST FLOUNCED AWAY! THAT WAS HILARIOUS! HA HA!!"

Um... we're both watching the same fucking show. I saw what happened.

by Anonymousreply 50April 9, 2019 3:08 PM

What should I do if I know I have the propensity to exhaust a specific individual, but there are two occasions coming up in which we must both participate. Ignore him completely? Bare minimum "hi" and "bye"? I can't help how I feel: I fell in love with the guy. He takes my breath away. But he very obviously doesn't feel the same way. There's no discussing it that needs to take place. I just need to get through these two events.

by Anonymousreply 51April 9, 2019 3:13 PM

R51 I’m so sorry to say but you really shouldn’t go to either event. You will ruin the life of all people around you.

by Anonymousreply 52April 9, 2019 3:24 PM

That's what I thought, r52. I hope it's true what that song says about suicide.

by Anonymousreply 53April 9, 2019 3:27 PM

When they can never concede a single point during a discussion.

by Anonymousreply 54April 9, 2019 3:39 PM

People that post endless selfies on social media. Double points if they include a motivational quote, personal update or greeting to make it seem less lame.

by Anonymousreply 55April 9, 2019 3:50 PM

Pssh @ R55! Haters gonna hate.

by Anonymousreply 56April 9, 2019 4:50 PM

People who always have to be right (and will argue with you even after you've called them out for being wrong about something).

by Anonymousreply 57April 9, 2019 4:51 PM

Alcoholics

by Anonymousreply 58April 9, 2019 4:52 PM

People who think they're master manipulators and want to control everything (conversation, activities). Narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 59April 9, 2019 5:02 PM

People who respond to posts with "Haters gonna hate", "Sure Jan", etc. It's like they can't think of a clever, original comeback, so they resort to the cliches.

by Anonymousreply 60April 9, 2019 5:23 PM

"Sure, Jan" always makes me laugh!

by Anonymousreply 61April 9, 2019 6:08 PM

Doesn't take much, eh, r61?

by Anonymousreply 62April 9, 2019 6:10 PM

This doesn't bring a smile to your face?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 9, 2019 6:16 PM

No, r63. It makes me think of you as a lesser form of life, one I hope gets smashed by a subway train on its way home from work tonight.

by Anonymousreply 64April 9, 2019 6:18 PM

Haters gonna hate!

by Anonymousreply 65April 9, 2019 6:22 PM

R63 I find it to be an even more juvenile version of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 9, 2019 6:22 PM

R3 God, yes. One of my hugest pet peeves. Parties and gatherings are meant for light group chatter!

by Anonymousreply 67April 9, 2019 6:24 PM

People who answer everytime you ask a rhetorical question.

by Anonymousreply 68April 9, 2019 6:33 PM

R68 You're hired. I completely agree!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 9, 2019 6:39 PM

I don't know about exhausting, but I know what makes a person exhausted: Whirlybirds!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 10, 2019 6:40 AM

Thinking they're always right even when they're not. Being a control freak. Constantly whining and bitching about things and then doing them themselves because they believe that they're actually important somehow as a person.

Acting like a total cunt, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 71April 10, 2019 6:44 AM

Oh, add "never paying for anything" or compensating anyone properly to the list.

by Anonymousreply 72April 10, 2019 6:45 AM

Parents - in particular, fraus - who complain about parenting, how expensive it is (when they have their brats enrolled in piano, hockey, soccer, summer camp etc.), the long hours, how friends don't understand, how they wish they could go out for "just one night".

by Anonymousreply 73April 10, 2019 6:52 AM

People who constantly reschedule. Pick a time and stick with it!

by Anonymousreply 74April 10, 2019 7:01 AM

Talking about every illness they have ever had and all the hospital visits and tests that go with them.

I knew all about my mil’s hysterectomy, appendictis and removed gallbladder after the first time I met her for dinner. Between the main course and the dessert she went out to get a small jar with two big lumps in and proudly put on the table. It was her gallstones that had been removed 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 75April 10, 2019 8:25 AM

Posting "Sure, Jan" and that aerobitch from GG.

by Anonymousreply 76April 10, 2019 8:28 AM

People who have Trump Derangement Syndrome are exhausting

by Anonymousreply 77April 10, 2019 2:14 PM

[quote]one I hope gets smashed by a subway train on its way home from work tonight.

Subways go home after work? I thought they were always on.

by Anonymousreply 78April 10, 2019 2:21 PM

People who drag Trump into previously Trump-free threads are exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 79April 10, 2019 2:21 PM

People who don’t listen to you because they’re so obsessed with themselves.

Have a coworker who does this. I was supposed to go to a work meeting yesterday and I told him twice throughout the day I’d be going to a doctor's appointment and wouldn’t be attending.

Today: “So how was the meeting yesterday?” Really?

by Anonymousreply 80April 10, 2019 2:24 PM

Fibromyalgia "sufferers"

by Anonymousreply 81April 10, 2019 2:25 PM

R79, DL is particularly obsessed with that. Shows how much control they let him have over them.

Now THAT is exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 82April 10, 2019 2:26 PM

Going out to get something to eat with someone who has to have whatever they are ordering done a special way. They think McDonalds is like a fine restaurant and the chef can cater the menu to them.

by Anonymousreply 83April 10, 2019 2:27 PM

People who pick on Fibromyalgia sufferers (this belongs in the "DL's peculiar obsessions" thread, too).

by Anonymousreply 84April 10, 2019 2:27 PM

R83 reminds me I want to go to Five Guys for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 85April 10, 2019 2:28 PM

R83’s was great! Those people are not only exhausting, but insufferable.

Along that same line: when you’re nice enough to offer to pick something up and they get all pissy at you because it wasn’t made to their liking. Bitch, I just picked the shit up, I didn’t make it!

by Anonymousreply 86April 10, 2019 2:32 PM

I quit going to eat with a friend after he threw a hissy fit about the carbonation ratio in one of those Coke drink machines with a thousand flavors and asked for the regional managers number.

I had to drop him altogether soon after.

by Anonymousreply 87April 10, 2019 2:33 PM

I have a relative that always has to tell you every detail of a story. About midway I will say, don't go around the block, cut thru the yard. Then they manage to sum it up quickly

by Anonymousreply 88April 10, 2019 2:45 PM

I see shades of myself in many of the comments here. I'll have to make a mental note to stop some of my worse behaviors.

by Anonymousreply 89April 10, 2019 3:09 PM

[quote]About midway I will say, don't go around the block, cut thru the yard.

Clichemeister.

by Anonymousreply 90April 10, 2019 3:10 PM

[quote]Clichemeister.

I can't think of a better time for someone to use a cliché than when you want to tell them to get to the point of their story more quickly.

by Anonymousreply 91April 10, 2019 3:21 PM

And I made mine in one word, r91.

by Anonymousreply 92April 10, 2019 3:38 PM

Poeple who are obsessed with revenge or think it's ok to genuinely wish death on others, then wonder why they've been dumped or are constantly rejected by family/friends/society. No one decent wants to be around fucks who have those types of thoughts and feelings. They know you're an unlovable piece of shit and utterly exhausting to listen to for an extended length of time.

by Anonymousreply 93April 10, 2019 3:39 PM

Contrarians, Know it Alls, Gaslighters

by Anonymousreply 94April 10, 2019 3:54 PM

People who are hungry for validation and compliments.

by Anonymousreply 95April 10, 2019 3:55 PM

Total bottoms who are not, at least, a 7

by Anonymousreply 96April 10, 2019 4:36 PM

Being a cultist (whether it's for Trump, AOC or anyone in between) or a handmaiden. Shows a lack of principles and ability for critical thought.

by Anonymousreply 97April 10, 2019 4:39 PM

That's scary r93

by Anonymousreply 98April 10, 2019 6:14 PM

I agree with many of you, but shallow people is very unnerving for me, so worried about the most irrelevant details about their or others people clothes, cars, cellphones, but completely immune to other aspects of life. Those who care so much for their virtual life that go on vacations not for new experiences or to meet new people, but to take selfies and post them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 10, 2019 6:29 PM

Thinking their opinion is more than, well, just another opinion. Beware of preachers!

by Anonymousreply 100April 10, 2019 6:32 PM

Hypercritical people.

by Anonymousreply 101April 10, 2019 6:47 PM

Self-appointed life coaches also drive me nuts, especially on Facebook and the like. And much of the time they are Know-It-Alls with nothing on their resumes, which is even more strange.

by Anonymousreply 102April 10, 2019 6:48 PM

R99 I am not that lady, either, but I will sit in Central Park on a glorious spring day and be completely disgusted by those who walk through it and just read their phones without regards to anybody else around them. They are simply too stupid to be referred to as exhausting (mainly because I would never hang out with oblivious morons like that), and I would simply walk by, point and laugh if they walked into an open manhole because they were too busy on that idiot box to watch where they were going. They are the type of people who would trip over grating on the street, go to the hospital, and be back outside with their arm or leg in a cast, and reading their phone anyway.

Morons like that never learn and are a waste of space!

by Anonymousreply 103April 10, 2019 6:53 PM

Coming to DL to start a thread about their pet peeves, likes, dislikes, and other shit nobody else cares about.

by Anonymousreply 104April 10, 2019 6:56 PM

People who “dissect” their food and pick things off or out of it all through the meal. Tacky and gross.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 10, 2019 6:59 PM

r103 described 90% of Americans under 30.

by Anonymousreply 106April 10, 2019 7:12 PM

Some people are high maintenance.

by Anonymousreply 107April 10, 2019 7:15 PM

People who tell you their idea for a screenplay.

by Anonymousreply 108April 10, 2019 7:37 PM

These two types of arguments:

“Were you there?!” As if our own BS meter, empirical data, intuition or life experiences aren’t enough to see through your horseshit; and

Those who take gigantic leaps in an argument that you never said, intended or meant, and any reasonable person would know that. For example, “I believe in a woman’s right to choose if she wants to have an abortion.”

“So your saying all babies should be killed?”

Exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 109April 10, 2019 7:46 PM

R108, Now that you mention it, I have an idea for a dynamite movie sequel: You know how The Blob movie ended with them freezing it solid and airlifting it to the North Pole to keep it frozen? My idea for a modern sequel would be for the Blob to defrost because of global warming and becoming a threat to our modern world.

by Anonymousreply 110April 10, 2019 7:51 PM

Sure Jan has forever immunity.

by Anonymousreply 111April 10, 2019 7:56 PM

r111 has forever cuntescence.

by Anonymousreply 112April 10, 2019 7:57 PM

R110 - Please elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 113April 10, 2019 7:57 PM

OP, if you know somebody whom you socialize with, and more often than not, they leave you feeling tired in a "not good way", that person is exhausting. If you don't understand why, you don't need to dwell on trying to figure it out. That person is exhausting to you.

by Anonymousreply 114April 10, 2019 8:00 PM

R113, OK, if I send you my screenplay, would you consider producing it?

by Anonymousreply 115April 10, 2019 8:02 PM

When they try to get you to eat some food they love that you hate because the only reason you don't love it is because you haven't tried their particular rendition of it. Pumpkin pie is a perfect example.

by Anonymousreply 116April 10, 2019 8:26 PM

If they voice every thought. Do they think we all do that?

by Anonymousreply 117April 10, 2019 8:48 PM

P-E-O-P-L-E in GENERAL MARY!

by Anonymousreply 118April 10, 2019 8:49 PM

People who won't stop talking. They're not interested in what you have to say in the least. My sister is like this. I thought she got better as she got older as she would ask more questions about me during our conversations. However after about the 10th time of me having to tell her what I did for a living I realized she only stopped talking about herself long enough to pretend like was interested in others things. It turns out, she's not.

by Anonymousreply 119April 11, 2019 7:44 PM

Cynicism is exhausting

by Anonymousreply 120April 11, 2019 10:55 PM

Conspiracy theorists, specifically those who find conspiracies in everything. The guy at the bagel store didn’t put enough cream cheese on my bagel: he’s part of a conspiracy to prevent gays from eating cream cheese!

by Anonymousreply 121April 11, 2019 11:01 PM

[quote]When they try to get you to eat some food they love that you hate because the only reason you don't love it is because you haven't tried their particular rendition of it

Oh God, know what's 10x worse than that?

When you tell someone that you dislike a certain kind of music (or a certain musical artist) that they just so happen to like, and they'll dismiss your personal preference by saying "You just haven't listened to..." and then force you to listen to what you just said you didn't like.

A few years back, there was a DL thread on the Grateful Dead and one poster hilariously summed this up (the "noodling bullshit" line never fails to make me lol):

[quote]And here's a tip. NEVER tell a Dead fan that you don't like the Dead b/c they will bombard with 20 recordings of their shitty songs telling you just have to hear this version from RFK Stadium, 1978. And they will play some noodling bullshit that lasts 45 minutes.

I've found that the above applies to every classical rock band fan as well.

by Anonymousreply 122April 12, 2019 1:03 AM

Vocal fry.

It doesn't even matter if they are telling you the meaning of life. It's exhausting to listen to - and irritating.

by Anonymousreply 123April 12, 2019 1:12 AM

When they make those videos where a loved one is given a special gift and they record it to see their reaction—but the person takes 20 minutes gently and slowly unwrapping the package while everyone falls asleep waiting.

by Anonymousreply 124April 12, 2019 4:43 AM

Same, r123. Last night watching Jeopardy!, all I could think of was "Hasn't that bitch got any friennnnnnds who could tell her how ridiculous she sounnnnnnnnds?" And then I realized all her friends probably talk the same wayyyyyyy.

by Anonymousreply 125April 12, 2019 5:32 AM

When someone fancies themselves to be a master manipulator and they're bad at it.

by Anonymousreply 126April 12, 2019 6:59 PM

A person who tells a story that is ostensibly verbatim:

I told him that I did not care what he ate for lunch and he got really mad. He said, "why don't you care?" I said "Because its not very interesting and you bore the fuck out of me." He said "oh, really? Well, that is rude". I said "Rude? You know what is rude....."

by Anonymousreply 127April 12, 2019 7:47 PM

Exhausting doesn't begin to describe a late friend (much older), lacking self esteem but very narcissistic and often obnoxious when loaded, who would simply walk up to acquaintances and say, "Oh by the way...." then tell the most outrageous lie, usually about some young man who wanted him. It got to the point where we started to enjoy these tall tales and just laugh because the drunker he got, the more outrageous they got. In a sense, I miss him, but it got to the point to where I wonder if he was really believing these stories and wondering why we were laughing at them.

by Anonymousreply 128April 12, 2019 8:01 PM

Someone who unabashedly lies to your face.

by Anonymousreply 129April 12, 2019 10:15 PM

Needy people with self-esteem problems who keep on whining and apologizing and putting themselves down, expecting us all to give them pep talks and free therapy. Fuck that.

by Anonymousreply 130April 20, 2019 2:47 PM

Autistics own this thread.

by Anonymousreply 131April 20, 2019 2:48 PM

R93, precisely!

by Anonymousreply 132April 20, 2019 2:51 PM

R57, Aspies are like this

by Anonymousreply 133April 20, 2019 2:53 PM

90% of DL posters, now that's what I call exhausting!

by Anonymousreply 134April 20, 2019 2:57 PM

Long, intricate stories told in excruciating detail. Or when people tell "jokes."

I always brace when someone says "Oh! I have a story about that" or "That reminds me of a joke."

Spare me from jokes and stories.

by Anonymousreply 135April 20, 2019 3:49 PM

When they declare an opinion and say: "Change my mind."

by Anonymousreply 136April 20, 2019 6:30 PM

That's most straight white men, R136. They expect the rest of us to explain and make a case for everything that doesn't mesh with their entitled meathead vision of life.

by Anonymousreply 137April 20, 2019 7:04 PM

R136: "Debate me."

by Anonymousreply 138April 20, 2019 9:32 PM

Yep, R136/R138, they think everyone ought to be interested and impressed with their opinions, which of course are always right. They'll argue until you're so sick of listening to them talk, you'll do anything to get away from them, then they announce: "I win!".

No thanks, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 139April 20, 2019 11:12 PM

Kellyanne Conway, Rudy Giuliani or any other Trump lackey in an interview is the exact definition of exhausting

by Anonymousreply 140April 21, 2019 11:53 PM

ADHD child

by Anonymousreply 141April 21, 2019 11:55 PM

Pretty much anyone under the age of 27

by Anonymousreply 142April 22, 2019 12:02 AM

and over the age of 70

by Anonymousreply 143April 22, 2019 12:02 AM

People who constantly push their choice of music on you, forcing you to listen to clip after clip after clip. Just fucking DIE.

by Anonymousreply 144April 22, 2019 12:05 AM

People who fucking can't get to the point and veer off in a thousand different directions. Hello, Chris Orzechowski! Shut. Up.

by Anonymousreply 145April 22, 2019 12:10 AM

People who talk LOUD when you're just feet away from them. It's horrible

by Anonymousreply 146April 22, 2019 12:12 AM

They wait to hunt around in their purse for money until after the cashier has finished ringing them up.

by Anonymousreply 147April 22, 2019 12:13 AM

Most of these posts sounds like Asperger’s syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 148April 22, 2019 12:18 AM

Endless porn and 'big dick' threads on DL posted by 300 pound basement dwelling shut-ins. Tedious and extremely sad.

Dudes, get out and see the real world.

by Anonymousreply 149April 22, 2019 12:25 AM

The constant need to be the center of attention.

by Anonymousreply 150April 22, 2019 1:25 AM

35 year old gay men that sound like 12 year old girls and think its cute...think Andy Cohen. Fat girls who always seem to find the opportunity to mention how some hot guy stranger told them that she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen... in his entire life .

by Anonymousreply 151April 22, 2019 1:36 AM

Couples that share social media pages to make sure everyone knows they are a couple and so nobody cheats. I had a old friend from HS say she couldn’t add my on FB because her and her husband had agreed not to add friends of the opposite sex on Facebook. Yeah, there’s a huge risk from friending a gay guy who lives on the other side of the country. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 152April 22, 2019 6:09 AM

People that turn ANY conversation into one about their kids. I sit next to woman at work and within minutes of speaking to every client she has gone off into the weeds about being a mom, her kids, how hard it is to be a mother, etc. Hearing the same tales of maternal woe and silly anecdotes about her zany children all day long is exhausting. Defcon 5 Frau.

by Anonymousreply 153April 22, 2019 6:18 AM

The unwillingness to allow anyone to carry on normal holiday-dinner conversation because there are just so many important topics being discussed by keto podcasters or Joe Rogan that we all need to hear about.

"People don't realize that consuming too little salt and drinking too much water is second only to sugar when it comes to the obesity epidemic. If your urine is lighter than an egg yolk, you're in trouble."

by Anonymousreply 154April 22, 2019 7:01 AM

Yes OP!! I had a Frau friend who did this!

by Anonymousreply 155April 22, 2019 8:31 AM

SJW SJW SJW SJW SJW SJW

by Anonymousreply 156April 22, 2019 10:02 AM

Parents who discuss their baby’s bowel movements. Who in the hell CARES about this??? I don’t give damn if your child is “toilet trained.”

Fraus who brag that their done with Christmas shopping 6 months before Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 157April 22, 2019 10:19 AM

People who pull out their iPad or phone and want to talk you through the 179 photos of their holiday.

Here’s we are outside old Parliament House, we were squinting into the sun so we look terrible in all 12 photos lol. Here’s David trying a chicken and leek pie, he loved it! This is the tulip festival, these are the yellow ones, these are the red ones, these are the orange ones, these are the white ones, these look pink but in real life they were more an off white. This is a puppy we saw at a cafe.....

Oh FFS, just hand me the phone or post on Facebook so I can look at the ones I’m interested in or not look at them at all.

by Anonymousreply 158April 22, 2019 10:43 AM

People who talk or should I say rattle on without a minute rest in between . They love to hear themselves talk . They go on and on .

by Anonymousreply 159April 22, 2019 10:50 AM

R16 you could have been describing my dad. Exhausting in every way.

by Anonymousreply 160April 22, 2019 10:56 AM

Locking themselves in the bathroom and making threats of suicide via pill or razor.

by Anonymousreply 161April 22, 2019 10:59 AM

People ruled by fears. They have no inner anchor.

by Anonymousreply 162April 22, 2019 11:01 AM

People who see malice everywhere. Honey, you are the malicious one.

by Anonymousreply 163April 22, 2019 11:03 AM

That’s true r162, everything is a disaster waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 164April 22, 2019 11:04 AM

Women who say “I’m just one of the boys. I don’t really get along with women, they’re all just so bitchy”

No dear, you’re the bitch. Stop hanging around with us, go make some female friends. Try being nice to them, maybe they won’t hate you.

by Anonymousreply 165April 22, 2019 11:08 AM

Negativity, all the time. And someone who won’t take responsibility for anything.

by Anonymousreply 166April 22, 2019 11:31 AM

I know a couple of people like that r166, nothing that has ever been their fault apparently. Despite the fact that just about every bad thing that has ever happened to them is a direct consequence of their poor choices, disregard for others and complete lack of common sense. Exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 167April 22, 2019 11:42 AM

Hypochondriac drama queens who think that every little thing is a life threatening condition and have their funeral planned before they even see a doctor. Sometimes they even diagnose themselves based on having 2 symptoms on a list of about 12 from the Internet.

by Anonymousreply 168April 22, 2019 11:44 AM

A person I work with goes to church everyday. They watch Fox News and they love Trump. This little queen is such an insufferable cunt. He is an immature little princess that espouses all these wicked right wing ideas.

by Anonymousreply 169April 22, 2019 11:51 AM

People who are never satisfied. They nitpick everything and search for flaws in it whether it be their food at a restaurant or a movie they are watching. Nothing is ever good enough. It is like they're afraid to enjoy anything.

by Anonymousreply 170April 22, 2019 12:16 PM

One-uppers. You all know the type.

“We got a nice Christmas tree this year. It’s about 6’ tall.”

“Really? That’s nice. Ours is 7 feet.”

by Anonymousreply 171April 22, 2019 12:25 PM

People who are unable to be happy for the good fortune of others. They react with bitterness and express frustration and envy.

by Anonymousreply 172April 22, 2019 3:16 PM

Totally agree, R172

by Anonymousreply 173April 22, 2019 3:26 PM

I worked in an small office, with a divorced Frau who was a receptionist and assistant to the supervisor. I was a few cubicles away.

All she talked about was her divorce and her children. She was a professional victim. Whenever a co-worker would stop in on a work related matter, she would tell her latest tale of woe about her irresponsible, neglectful ex-husband and how her children were affected by his lack of concern.

The woman would not shut up about it and had little else to discuss. She looked like Sandy Duncan but she had this nasal, higher pitched voice. Fortunately, it was a temporary assignment. I went back to my department and was promoted to a job on another floor.

by Anonymousreply 174April 23, 2019 1:51 AM

[quote]Thinking their opinion is more than, well, just another opinion. Beware of preachers!

You described DLers.

by Anonymousreply 175April 23, 2019 3:44 AM

. . . a person who talks and talks and talks and talks and talks without allowing one, anyone, to speak.

Y'all are exhausting!

by Anonymousreply 176April 23, 2019 3:48 AM

[quote]People who are never satisfied. They nitpick everything and search for flaws in it whether it be their food at a restaurant or a movie they are watching. Nothing is ever good enough. It is like they're afraid to enjoy anything.

In other words: DLers. 😑

by Anonymousreply 177April 23, 2019 5:16 AM

I can't think of what it's called, but when people add so many unnecessary words/replies to conversations. "I know, right?"

"Omg, really??" - Yes, really, bitch, I wasn't just making that up.

by Anonymousreply 178May 5, 2019 2:06 PM

shaving below the neck

by Anonymousreply 179May 5, 2019 2:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!