Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chasten Butttigieg speaking at the 2019 HRC Houston dinner

"I could be the first man to pick WH china!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 23, 2019 3:42 PM

Fug.

by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2019 3:32 AM

He seems like a nice guy

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2019 3:38 AM

Why didn't Mayor Pete date all of the hotties attending Notre Dame?

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2019 3:39 AM

Can you imagine if he decreed, “Throw out everything. We’re getting Fiestaware”.

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2019 3:43 AM

I'm sure Pete got plenty of dick before he settled down.

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2019 3:44 AM

No self-respecting spouse of a presidential candidate would say such a stupid thing.

At least try to appear professional and dignified... even if you aren't.

It's about the candidate and the issues. Not about YOU and the fucking White House decor.

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2019 3:44 AM

It takes a fairy to make something pretty.

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2019 3:47 AM

Has Andy Cohen latched onto these two yet?

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2019 3:48 AM

I can’t stand looking at him or listening to him. He needs a makeover immediately. Get some contacts for fuck’s sake!

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2019 3:48 AM

Wow R6.. Lotta undeserved hate expressed in that trigger.

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2019 3:50 AM

R6 is jealous that a fellow bottom gets to decorate the WH.

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2019 3:52 AM

They said on CNN that Mayor Pete's hubby is very popular and his greatest asset.

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2019 3:53 AM

You're the one who was triggered R10, not me.

I was merely expressing an opinion. And I stand by it.

You wouldn't catch the other spouses making such a vapid comment. Especially with 20 other candidates in the race, and a year and a half to go before the election.

by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2019 3:53 AM

R13 go away troll

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2019 3:58 AM

Following on from R6's spot-on observation, Chasten Buttigieg's quip was cringe-worthy, reinforcing every het prejudice and assumption about gay couples. He's not the "little woman", he's a man and should behave like one.

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2019 4:02 AM

[quote]"I could be the first man to pick WH china!"

Retarded.

by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2019 4:02 AM

I think it is a funny joke. He's well-spoken and his speech is great. I don't know why he is being criticised.

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2019 4:04 AM

[quote]"I could be the first man to pick WH china!"

It should have been Bill! And I can't stand it!

by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2019 4:04 AM

Cause he’s not cute, r17.

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2019 4:05 AM

Because DL bottoms are burning with envy.

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2019 4:06 AM

There's a Chasten is Fug troll on the loose on two threads, so beware

by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2019 4:06 AM

I think his glasses are nice, and the joke about the china actually had an edge to it, if you think about it.

by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2019 4:07 AM

It was funny. He's moderately cute.

by Anonymousreply 23April 8, 2019 4:08 AM

Can he wear thong and shake teeties? Iz number 1 thing to be Vairst Laidee.

by Anonymousreply 24April 8, 2019 4:12 AM

I'm sure that Chasten's jacket will have the words "Jealous, Bitches?" on the back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 8, 2019 4:15 AM

I like him.

by Anonymousreply 26April 8, 2019 4:15 AM

Dear Pete, hide him until Nov. 2020.

by Anonymousreply 27April 8, 2019 4:19 AM

I’ve met him and Pete They are genuine They are smart, honesty and have great wit I’m proud of them I hope the community, even DL gets behind them

by Anonymousreply 28April 8, 2019 4:20 AM

[quote] "I could be the first man to pick WH china!"

And the first Underwear Party and Circuit Party on the White House lawn, too!!!

How fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 29April 8, 2019 4:24 AM

I wish he wouldn't use the word "queer." I hate that word. It's vulgar, discriminatory, hateful and harmful. And no, I don't want to "own it." Bury it just like the N-word is being buried for black people. Granted it's not the same thing, but I hate that word.

by Anonymousreply 30April 8, 2019 4:50 AM

[quote] "I could be the first man to pick WH china!"

Oh, please Mary. I beat you to it, bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 8, 2019 4:55 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 8, 2019 6:00 AM

Pete needs to dump him before the primary starts.

by Anonymousreply 33April 8, 2019 7:22 AM

He's the gay equivalent to Bess Truman -- an ugly frump.

by Anonymousreply 34April 8, 2019 7:42 AM

He pronounces his husband's last name wrong. It's Boot-edge-edge. NOT...Boot-a-judge. Why does he say it incorrectly? Granted, it's an unusual last name, but it's not "whatever you want." The name has a correct pronunciation, and he's saying it wrong.

by Anonymousreply 35April 8, 2019 8:00 AM

A double edge sword swallower

by Anonymousreply 36April 8, 2019 8:05 AM

This guy is surprisingly normal. Mayor Pete is a very regular masculine guy but following Chasten on twitter I was under the impression he was a nelly queen. He sounds very grounded too.

by Anonymousreply 37April 8, 2019 8:15 AM

R15 = 1950's Log Cabin Republican. .....he should tone it down, act like a straight person so society will accept me. I hate myself that much that I am embarrassed by him representing the gay community because it ties into my own homophobia. I cant even take a simple joke without being triggered.

by Anonymousreply 38April 8, 2019 8:33 AM

Both of these guys are very normal. Are they NYC queens who think they live in the center of the universe and trash everyone who doesn't make a ton of cash? No. Are they like West Hollywood gays who judge everyone for not looking like a male model with great abs and a chiseled face? No. They are average looking guys who seem totally down to earth which is very appealing in a field of candidates and current POTUS who thrive of fame, fortune and media attention. I think middle American might like them more than some of the pretentious queens on this board.

by Anonymousreply 39April 8, 2019 8:45 AM

What you all banging on about? He's cute!!! I hope his hubby makes it to the White House so we can keep having him in the news. You KNOW he will take up queer issues if he gets to be First Gentleman.

by Anonymousreply 40April 8, 2019 9:44 AM

You know if he gets in the White House all the Deplorable Evangelicals will have a hissy fit. What moral ground do they have to stand on now that they put Grab em by the Pussy leader into the White House? None of course but watch how quick Repugs will suddenly become "moral leaders" again. The media and society should not let them get away with that hypocrisy again. I am not plaing nice anymore, I will call you out on it because we should not forget unless we want a repeat. I hope the media doesnt shrink back into violets to "respect religion" then they know those people are full if shit and it needs to be pointed out every time, not just a polite PC disclaimer.

by Anonymousreply 41April 8, 2019 10:03 AM

Pete did not come out of the closet until AFTER he was elected mayor. After.

He wasn’t out at Harvard or at grad school? There was no prejudice there at that time. The question is why.

Lack of courage or political calculation? He’s going to find out he can’t have it both ways.

A courageous gay of his generation would have been out in high school, especially with such ultra liberal parents.

That’s why he calls the people who fought for his right to come out and even serve in the MILITARY virtue signallers when they are calling out the anti-gay Chick-Fil-A.

Something doesn’t smell right.

by Anonymousreply 42April 8, 2019 10:13 AM

HRC? No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 43April 8, 2019 10:21 AM

Hillary Rodham Clinton, R 43?

by Anonymousreply 44April 8, 2019 1:19 PM

He seems pretty cool to me

by Anonymousreply 45April 8, 2019 1:22 PM

Pete came out during his second term reelection and still got elected with 80%, so fuck off R42. People have their own issues work through and he's made more for gay visibility than your bitching ass.

by Anonymousreply 46April 8, 2019 2:48 PM

Even though he grew up in a liberal home, he still grew up in rural Indiana. He also had political plans; he admitted as much. And he joined the military during Don't Ask Don't Tell. I can understand why he wasn't publicly out. Not sure why he didn't come out to his parents until 2015 though. Sounds like his dad was a super-lefty professor.

by Anonymousreply 47April 8, 2019 2:56 PM

Actually, I sort of understand why he didn't come out to his parents until 2015. He's an only child. There's probably a certain level of expectation that comes with that (marriage, children). Until the last few years, I'm sure that many parents viewed this news as meaning no grandkids.

by Anonymousreply 48April 8, 2019 3:02 PM

Chasten was one of the first guys he dated. I don't think it was a good idea for him to get married so soon after coming out. Date more people first. Don't settle for the first dork who meet.

by Anonymousreply 49April 8, 2019 3:06 PM

sorry, meant to say "that you meet."

by Anonymousreply 50April 8, 2019 3:07 PM

The joke would've worked if he was cute. But it's cringey cuz he looks like Fred Munster

by Anonymousreply 51April 8, 2019 3:12 PM

Middle America will never elect a gay man to the White House.

I'm sure he's capable, but he won't win Ohio, Florida or Pennsylvania.

Wishing him well, but like Ralph Nader, he and that nutbag Bernie will split the vote and we'll have tRump for another term.

Wake the F up.

by Anonymousreply 52April 8, 2019 3:14 PM

r9 is still stuck in primary school mentality with that glasses shaming. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 53April 8, 2019 3:20 PM

Do they do the hyphen name share or is Pete's the sole name?

by Anonymousreply 54April 8, 2019 7:24 PM

No one is as cruel to gay men as other gay men.

by Anonymousreply 55April 8, 2019 7:42 PM

Chasten reminds me of Keith Haring thats who I think of whenever I see his face..

by Anonymousreply 56April 8, 2019 7:42 PM

[quote] Wishing him well, but like Ralph Nader, he and that nutbag Bernie will split the vote and we'll have tRump for another term.

R52 you do realize that Bernie, Mayor Pete and Trump will not all be on the ballot at the same time, don't you? Ralph Nader ran as a third party.

by Anonymousreply 57April 8, 2019 8:44 PM

[quote]No one is as cruel to gay men as other gay men.

No, we're critical because we recognize him as a human being. Non gay men look at a gay man and think "Oh, we all know that gay men are retarded, so we just expect that because they're quite obviously all the same. We know they're supposed to be annoying / dumb / ugly / anything negative. Accept him like we accept people with down syndrome."

by Anonymousreply 58April 8, 2019 8:52 PM

Thank you for schooling me r57.

If there is not one strong Democratic candidate, we will have tRump again.

It's all about money. The candidate with the most money (Rep or Dem) wins.

And yes, I'm aware of how elections work.

by Anonymousreply 59April 8, 2019 9:11 PM

[quote] Are they like West Hollywood gays who judge everyone for not looking like a male model with great abs and a chiseled face? No

Fuck you R39 ! WeHo gays are normal as normal can be. Just because a small [bold]very tiny[/bold] few worship body perfection doesn't mean West Hollywood is vane.

The truth is that men cannot be more normal than California gays.

by Anonymousreply 60April 8, 2019 10:09 PM

Interesting that he pretty much latched onto the first guy and married him. I did that too when I first came out but we didn't get married obv...I was probably in love but everyone told me it wouldn't work - first boyfriends never do. We gave it a good go though..9 years. I wish them the best, they seem really nice and genuine.

by Anonymousreply 61April 8, 2019 10:10 PM

No way Pete was a gay virgin when he met Chasten.

by Anonymousreply 62April 8, 2019 10:44 PM

He seems like a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 63April 8, 2019 11:02 PM

They are both impressive...

by Anonymousreply 64April 8, 2019 11:28 PM

Ah won't allow two men to sleep in the same bed in the White House- ah WON'T!

by Anonymousreply 65April 9, 2019 12:09 AM

Traditionally the President and First Lady have separate quarters.

by Anonymousreply 66April 9, 2019 12:14 AM

He isn’t ugly, and they both seem like good guys in a normal relationship.

by Anonymousreply 67April 9, 2019 12:37 AM

R30 I TOTALLY AGREE!!! I was shocked to hear him use that vulgar and condescending word.

by Anonymousreply 68April 9, 2019 12:43 AM

I wonder if all the naysayers would like Chasten better if he looked like Aaron Shock.

We should be looking for a candidate who is more LIKABLE than Trump.

I think Mayor Pete - and his husband - easily pass that test.

by Anonymousreply 69April 9, 2019 12:59 AM

I nearly had a stroke from laughing at r60 s humor! That’s the funniest shit I’ve heard in ages!

by Anonymousreply 70April 9, 2019 1:03 AM

Sadly, I agree r52. I don’t think America will vote for a woman, either. Our nation is fraught with internal and external misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 71April 9, 2019 1:06 AM

He's going to have to tone it down a few notches. Be charming, have a sense of humor, but please leave the fucking stereotypical shit at home.

by Anonymousreply 72April 9, 2019 1:09 AM

Tim Gunn would be the PERFECT first gentleman. Obviously highly fucking unlikely, but god he would be excellent.

by Anonymousreply 73April 9, 2019 1:11 AM

Chasten is hot.

by Anonymousreply 74April 9, 2019 1:18 AM

[quote] I wish he wouldn't use the word "queer." I hate that word. It's vulgar, discriminatory, hateful and harmful. And no, I don't want to "own it." Bury it just like the N-word is being buried for black people. Granted it's not the same thing, but I hate that word.

The world doesn’t revolve around you.

by Anonymousreply 75April 9, 2019 1:19 AM

R37. Pete is regular masculine in what way exactly. Pete is a regular feminine guy without the extra queeniness.

by Anonymousreply 76April 9, 2019 1:27 AM

R74 is blind.

by Anonymousreply 77April 9, 2019 1:29 AM

Disgusting! I demand a classy First Lady, like Melania.

by Anonymousreply 78April 9, 2019 1:29 AM

He did a nice job. I find him likable.

by Anonymousreply 79April 9, 2019 1:34 AM

Pete was probably tired of just hooking up, and he couldn't do more than that until he came out. Chasten is a relationship guy and so is Pete.

by Anonymousreply 80April 9, 2019 1:37 AM

That made me throw up a little in my mouth r80.

by Anonymousreply 81April 9, 2019 1:38 AM

I listened to the speech and found him likeable and credible.

by Anonymousreply 82April 9, 2019 1:45 AM

Nicole Wallace was REALLY into Mayor Pete on Deadline: White House today and nearly bit Jason Johnson’s head off when he said Pete was only a “college-educated suburban guy.” She was very quick to say that he was a war veteran and a very impressive person.

The rest of the panel was equally laudatory of him and his Victory Fund speech which Johnson had earlier said reminded him of Obama. They all agreed that he is extremely likable and would make voters feel good.

by Anonymousreply 83April 9, 2019 1:51 AM

OK, I'm officially fangurling. I'm behind Mayor Pete. (No hidden meaning in that.)

by Anonymousreply 84April 9, 2019 1:53 AM

Melania is picking out new implants not china.

by Anonymousreply 85April 9, 2019 1:54 AM

Pete gets more and more impressive every time he opens his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 86April 9, 2019 1:56 AM

Pete has a deft control of the issues, but there's something holding him back. If a person hears him in his speeches you could tell there's so much more that he wants to say. He might be Hillary 2.0 He needs to be more authentic. Being gay is not a get out of jail free card. Mayor Pete needs to show he's vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 87April 9, 2019 2:56 AM

If Mayor Pete shows he's vulnerable he will be excoriated for being weak.

by Anonymousreply 88April 9, 2019 2:59 AM

[quote] Fuck you [R39] ! WeHo gays are normal as normal can be. Just because a small very tiny few worship body perfection doesn't mean West Hollywood is vane. The truth is that men cannot be more normal than California gays.

California Gays in general are normal. However, West Hollywood gays are vapid narcissistic power bottoms. They are a shallow breed of their own. Lets be honest, the reason most people move to Hollywood is because they are fallowing some dream of being discovered. When that doesn't go as planned, they get bitchy and judgment just like your post.

by Anonymousreply 89April 9, 2019 3:09 AM

Tim Gunn would make a great White House Social Secretary.

by Anonymousreply 90April 9, 2019 8:54 AM

R87 Pete’s pacing himself.

by Anonymousreply 91April 9, 2019 8:55 AM

R6 you're right. No need for him to being this. Just cuz he's fucking Pete doesn't justify his doing some shtick.

by Anonymousreply 92April 9, 2019 9:41 AM

by Anonymousreply 93April 11, 2019 4:20 AM

[quote]Something doesn’t smell right.

I think it's coming from you, r42.

by Anonymousreply 94April 11, 2019 4:23 AM

R42 so true! It's inexcusable that Mayor Pete chose to come out at a time that was what he felt comfortable with. No guts. If only he'd had you as a shining example of courage and moral rectitude. But not everyone is made of finer clay, so perhaps you can find it in your commodious heart to forgive that lesser mortal.

by Anonymousreply 95April 11, 2019 4:30 AM

"...doesn't mean West Hollywood is vane."

At least they know which way the wind is blowing.

by Anonymousreply 96April 11, 2019 4:35 AM

[quote]Middle America will never elect a gay man to the White House.

"Are most Americans comfortable with a gay politician running for President of the United States? According to a recent poll, the answer is “yes.”

The survey, conducted by NBC News and The Wall Street Journal back in February, found that a whopping 68% of Americans are totally fine with a gay or lesbian politician shooting their shot for a tenure in the Oval Office. That figure includes 54% who said they’re “comfortable” with a gay presidential candidate and 14% who were “enthusiastic” about the prospect."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 11, 2019 4:54 AM

1/3 of the posts in this thread appear to be written by Susan Sarandon.

Another third are self-loathing Bernie Bros.

And the rest seem to recognize him as a good and talented person.

Sarandon got her wish in 2016. Those of you who are tearing this man down will probably get your wish too.

by Anonymousreply 98April 11, 2019 5:08 AM

Okay, Pete

by Anonymousreply 99April 11, 2019 5:10 AM

[quote]STOP with this "he can't get elected" line

Unfortunately, the same people who elected the current president are unlikely to vote for him, and that's a problem, whereas some of them might possibly consider jumping ship for a more "conventional" (straight) candidate. They aren't people who look at issues or facts, so he can't use those things to win them over.

by Anonymousreply 100April 11, 2019 5:28 AM

R87, did you even hear Pete's Victory speech? You cannot get more vulnerable that admitting in public you wanted to fall in love, then describe how felt on your first date. Wtf? This guy is human. And smart.

by Anonymousreply 101April 11, 2019 6:07 AM

Mayor Pete is the real deal. Not a firebrand, not "folksy," not holier-than-thou.

Brilliant. Proven physically courageous.

Anyone who wants to obsess about Pete's sex life as a reason not to vote for him is a voter we don't want.

by Anonymousreply 102April 11, 2019 11:05 AM

by Anonymousreply 103April 12, 2019 4:17 AM

Does he have a chaste butt?

by Anonymousreply 104April 12, 2019 5:23 AM

[quote] Sadly, I agree [R52]. I don’t think America will vote for a woman, either. Our nation is fraught with internal and external misogyny.

Soulless psychopath Hillary Clinton had literally 3 million more votes than Trump, so the idea no one would vote for a woman is ridiculous.

On a side note, I found out today that Chasten's maiden name was Glezman, is he Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 105April 15, 2019 2:14 AM

No, he was raised Catholic I believe?

by Anonymousreply 106April 15, 2019 2:16 AM

Catholic, R105. With some fundie , anti-gay sibling to boot.

by Anonymousreply 107April 15, 2019 2:21 AM

[quote] Pete is regular masculine in what way exactly. Pete is a regular feminine guy without the extra queeniness.

In every possible way. Only true effeminate guys like yourself would consider him effeminate. He looks and talks like any other male in the planet. He's for lack of a better word, normal and would fit in everywhere. That's how he managed to be in the closet and serve in the army. Maybe your idea of masculinity is taken from stereotypes, which is sad. Even Chasten looks normal, though he has a bit more of an artistic bent.

by Anonymousreply 108April 15, 2019 2:24 AM

[quote]He pronounces his husband's last name wrong.

They both have awkward names.

Buttigieg's last name is going to be an issue for some people, and so will Chasten's first name.

by Anonymousreply 109April 15, 2019 2:46 AM

[quote]Unfortunately, the same people who elected the current president are unlikely to vote for him,

NOT true. Trump's approval ratings in the Midwest (which is where he won the election) are in the toilet. At this point, Midwesterners are far more likely to vote for a fellow Midwesterner from a place like South Bend than for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 110April 15, 2019 3:06 AM

From your mouth to God's ears, r110. Now we just need to make him the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 111April 15, 2019 3:07 AM

[quote]Anyone who wants to obsess about Pete's sex life as a reason not to vote for him is a voter we don't want.

Sure, fine, whatever you say. But there's a lot of those assholes, and they influence a lot of other backward voters. And they DO vote.

Here's just one example:

[quote]Pete Buttigieg is an open and defiant homosexual who wants to be our next president. His sexual proclivities are enough all by themselves to disqualify him from the Oval Office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 15, 2019 3:21 AM

Yes, Bryan Fischer is an insane evangelical. These people will NEVER vote for Dems and they love Trump. It doesn't matter if it's Pete or another Democrat.

By the way, Chasten's loonie, fundie brother Rhyan is tweeting up a storm. He and his wife set up their Twitter accounts recently to capitalize on Chasten's sudden fame.

by Anonymousreply 113April 15, 2019 3:31 AM

Funny but keep it down until Pete gets elected, we don't need him to have any controversy because of something stupid his husband says

by Anonymousreply 114April 15, 2019 5:05 AM

R112, Gee, people who have never voted for a Democrat won't vote for Pete. NS, S.

Those hucksters, liars, hypocrites, and fools wouldn't vote for Christ if He had (D) behind His name.

by Anonymousreply 115April 15, 2019 5:17 AM

[quote]we don't need him to have any controversy

You guys just don't get it. He might or might not be the right guy for the job, but he isn't going to get it, because his being gay is already too controversial for too many people. The same people who elected the current president will be the ones to keep Pete out of the White House, should he get the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 116April 15, 2019 5:17 AM

"Chasten" and "Rhyan"? I officially despise their parents.

by Anonymousreply 117April 15, 2019 5:18 AM

R116, The Russians and James Comey?

by Anonymousreply 118April 15, 2019 5:20 AM

Don't attempt to be cute. You know exactly what I'm saying, and you know it's true.

You're going to have to change evangelical, traditional, rural, black, Latino, and flyover mindsets before you see a gay man as POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 119April 15, 2019 5:25 AM

Ok, fine. Then don't vote for him in the primaries. I will.

by Anonymousreply 120April 15, 2019 5:27 AM

Handwaving and putting your head in the sand isn't going to put him in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 121April 15, 2019 5:30 AM

Well, according to the poll that R97 posted, the majority of Americans are okay with voting for a gay President.

by Anonymousreply 122April 15, 2019 5:32 AM

I believe he can win. Vote for Bernie or whoever floats your boat.

by Anonymousreply 123April 15, 2019 5:37 AM

R122 I hope you're right. But I don't see it happening when it comes down to the way some of those people will actually vote.

by Anonymousreply 124April 15, 2019 5:43 AM

R124, I suppose it's possible that there could turn out to be a gay version of the 'Bradley Effect' where some voters who tell pollsters they are okay with a gay candidate do otherwise when they are in the voting booth.

I guess time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 125April 15, 2019 5:46 AM

Here's another example, and the point of showing these is that these fuckers hold sway with too many voters.

[quote]He is a baby-killing politician, who is recruiting young people into homosexual bondage by his example, and trying to normalize what is an intrinsically evil behavior.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 16, 2019 12:21 AM

Sexual bondage! Hot!

by Anonymousreply 127April 16, 2019 12:22 AM

How can they see this as anything but a loving family?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 16, 2019 12:32 AM

The busts on the piano are an incredibly classy touch.

by Anonymousreply 129April 16, 2019 12:47 AM

I think most Americans are ok with a gay president. The fundies are loud and yell, so they drown out the voices cheering for Mayor Pete. Chasten is cute. He and Pete are a cute couple.

by Anonymousreply 130April 16, 2019 12:58 AM

I like that Chasten is kinda pudgy.

by Anonymousreply 131April 16, 2019 1:32 AM

R131, Chasten needs to work out some more if he wants to be First Gay.

by Anonymousreply 132April 16, 2019 2:36 AM

R132 Chasten needs to work out a LOT more if he doesn’t want to end up looking like a bald Chrissy Metz.

by Anonymousreply 133April 16, 2019 2:43 AM

Let's be honest... Chasten is doing far better than most of us. For example, he's not posting here tonight, is he?

by Anonymousreply 134April 16, 2019 2:44 AM

R134=Chasten B.

by Anonymousreply 135April 16, 2019 2:45 AM

How do we know he isn't, R134?

He may lurk here, like other gay celebs.

by Anonymousreply 136April 16, 2019 2:51 AM

For sure he is. He's here. They're all here. All the stars are here.

by Anonymousreply 137April 16, 2019 2:52 AM

R119, I know you are thinking "Let's be real here, people," but politics have always been about the possible as well as the dream.

Pete's making Chasten a key part of his message is a definite risk.

by Anonymousreply 138April 16, 2019 7:46 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 16, 2019 8:41 PM

Well according to most polls. Hillary will be Madame president and beto will win.

by Anonymousreply 140April 16, 2019 10:24 PM

R140, the National polls predicting Hillary would beat Trump by 2-3 points were correct.

Where the polling let us down was in the Midwestern states like Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. That was what threw off the Electoral College projection models.

As for Beto, almost all polls and projections for the Texas Senate race last November showed Cruz would still win, although Beto put up a better margin than previous Democratic Senate candidates for TX.

by Anonymousreply 141April 16, 2019 10:30 PM

He's adorable, r139.

by Anonymousreply 142April 17, 2019 1:16 AM

Girl, you’ll be a woman soon.

by Anonymousreply 143April 17, 2019 1:32 AM

No white man will beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 144April 17, 2019 1:41 AM

There was an undertone of righteous anger that I found reassuring. He may joke about the china but he’s as serious as a heart attack about defending gay rights. Pete will be a man for all the people. Chasten will be the voice for the people who rarely get heard. That is quite a combination. Damn, elect this guy America. Pass the fucking baton.

by Anonymousreply 145April 17, 2019 1:52 AM

I know this sounds like a crackpot theory but I think Boomers will play a large part in getting Pete elected. We understand the need for change and do not fear it. Our parents elected Kennedy. They took up the call to pass the baton to a new generation. We can do the same. I really believe it.

by Anonymousreply 146April 17, 2019 1:59 AM

Another protester interrupting ⁦Pete Buttigieg⁩ with chants of “remember Sodom and Gomorrah”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 17, 2019 2:47 AM

YAAAAAS!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 17, 2019 11:39 AM

[quote]California Gays in general are normal. However, West Hollywood gays are vapid narcissistic power bottoms.

Shut your mouth ingrate! WeHo gave you all the gay porn and gay indie films that as a teenager got you by when you were shoved in the closet. Literally, millions of horny teen boys across the planet (gay and straight) watched the porn WeHo produced. We have done an invaluable service to humanity.

by Anonymousreply 149April 17, 2019 12:17 PM

[quote]Americans are totally fine with a gay or lesbian politician shooting their shot

What an unfortunate choice of words. Probably done on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 150April 17, 2019 1:03 PM

Chasten is a major famewhore

by Anonymousreply 151June 23, 2019 3:39 PM

he's a cutie

by Anonymousreply 152June 23, 2019 3:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!