Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Terrible fight with my sister

I think we may never speak again.

I had been talking with her on the phone again. I asked about her daughter’s divorce and she told me she wasn’t going to talk about it.

I said something off-hand about how her (meaning my niece) husband had been through a lot, and my sister exploded at me.

She said I hate women and always take the man’s side. That I did it to her when she got divorced. I told her I just call it like I see it. She ran that poor man crazy. She started screaming at me that he had a mental illness and was “abusive” to her. When I said she was exaggerating like she always does, she said I was just as hateful as Daddy, that Daddy hated her.

At that point, I lost it. I’ve had it with her maligning our parents. I said she was right, that Daddy did hate her. He told me so. (This isn’t true, but she tried Daddy’s patience a lot and he didn’t care much for her.)

I said that maybe if she hadn’t been such a troublemaker, he would’ve liked her more. She went off about that molestation story. I said that Daddy said she made that up. She was having sex at 12 and probably seduced him. She called me a faggot. I told her Daddy said she was a whore who’d sleep with a buck you-know-what.

And then she hung up on me. I had to take four Xanax and have a gimlet to calm my nerves. I won’t be calling her back.

by Anonymousreply 107April 21, 2019 4:07 PM

Sounds GHASTLY.

by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2019 6:20 PM

Do you make a career out of writing fiction?

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2019 6:21 PM

[quote]I think we may never speak again.

It really is for the best, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2019 6:21 PM

You BOTH sound ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2019 6:22 PM

Nobody cares about your made-up dramas, you pointless dullard.

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2019 6:23 PM

Is your grand-niece pregnant with a (GASP!) mixed race baby yet?

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2019 6:25 PM

MANY people look forward to these updates!

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2019 6:25 PM

R6, unfortunately I have no information about that. They probably wouldn’t tell me if she was.

I just get so angry when my sister trashes our wonderful parents.

by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2019 6:30 PM

I didn't know gimlets were still a thing! You learn something new every day.

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2019 6:30 PM

The people in your head don’t count r7/OP.

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2019 6:32 PM

Did you do her niece's husband?

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2019 6:32 PM

Thanks for sharing. ™

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2019 6:33 PM

Please wash down about 400 xanax with that gimlet next time, OP. Then drink another gimlet or two and put a plastic bag over your head and tie it nice and tight for good measure.

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2019 6:33 PM

R13, you sound like a vicious lesbian.

R11, I think I am going to call him. He’s very charming.

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2019 6:36 PM

You were doing really well until the molestation bit, OP.

Remember, less is more.

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2019 6:40 PM

OP - Same scenario in my family. You're better off without them. Cut off contact without being rude or revengeful. Just don't call her back or reply to any of her messages. Let the relationship die out. Move on without her. In the coming years you can still be distraught and arguing over the same issue or you could be free of her. There is no other option. Because you can't change her. That's the best advice I can give you.

BTW, FWIW, the weekend (Friday morning to late Sunday) is not the time to start these types of threads. Or for that matter post supportive replies like mine. So I am leaving the thread now before the "devoid of emotion" juveniles pounce and attack. Best of luck.

by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2019 6:40 PM

Do grown-ups still refer to their fathers as daddy? The whole story sounds made up

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2019 6:40 PM

10/10. Looking forward to more.

by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2019 6:40 PM

Someone is way too easily entertained.

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2019 6:41 PM

Siblings are overrated

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2019 6:42 PM

Of course it's made up R17

by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2019 6:42 PM

I felt the same R15, it would have been just right if he stopped before that

by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2019 6:44 PM

She wasn’t really molested. She said a creepy neighbor of ours (he was in his 80s) touched her breast. She knew to stay away from over there. I think someone had a talk with him, but that wasn’t good enough for my sister. She wanted him drawn and quartered.

He was a senile old man who barely knew he was in this world.

by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2019 6:47 PM

[quote]She called me a faggot. I told her Daddy said she was a whore who’d sleep with a buck you-know-what.

One troll calls everyone a f-ggot and some gullible idiot starts dropping the n-word in revenge.

It's tiresome on DL and it's deadly boring in ESTs.

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2019 6:47 PM

[quote][R13], you sound like a vicious lesbian.

So do YOU. My God!

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2019 6:47 PM

When shall you be serving your delicious Chicken A La King again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2019 6:47 PM

[quote]The whole story sounds made up

No!

by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2019 6:48 PM

[quote] BTW, FWIW, the weekend (Friday morning to late Sunday) is not the time to start these types of threads. Or for that matter post supportive replies like mine.

There is no time that it's not stupid to post "supportive" replies to a tedious recurring troll character and his fictional dramas.

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2019 6:48 PM

Anyone that calls a parent "mommy"or "daddy"after the age of 8 deserves what they get.

by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2019 6:49 PM

[quote]One troll calls everyone a f-ggot and some gullible idiot starts dropping the n-word in revenge.

Daddy did actually tell me that, I’m reference to my sister. On more than one occasion. He was not as enlightened as we are today.

by Anonymousreply 30April 5, 2019 6:49 PM

Recipe for that gimlet OP?

by Anonymousreply 31April 5, 2019 6:50 PM

OP, don't you mean, "Fight With My Terrible Sister?"

by Anonymousreply 32April 5, 2019 6:50 PM

[quote]There is no time that it's not stupid to post "supportive" replies to a tedious recurring troll character and his fictional dramas.

PFFFT! To you!

I fallen in LOVE with this family!

by Anonymousreply 33April 5, 2019 6:51 PM

We always called our father Daddy. Why change it?

by Anonymousreply 34April 5, 2019 6:52 PM

I love this poster. He should be the president of the Maiden Aunt Brigade.

by Anonymousreply 35April 5, 2019 6:54 PM

R34, (OP)probably bc as an adult it means something else.

by Anonymousreply 36April 5, 2019 6:54 PM

This would have been better if the fight was with your brother instead.

by Anonymousreply 37April 5, 2019 6:56 PM

I don’t have a brother, but if I did, I doubt we’d get into fights.

I think I’m going to have another drink and call that poor husband of my niece’s.

by Anonymousreply 38April 5, 2019 6:58 PM

Wait a minute.... There's the:

-Sister

-The niece

-And, the grand niece (this is the one that's the slut, right?)

by Anonymousreply 39April 5, 2019 7:02 PM

[quote]I think I’m going to have another drink and call that poor husband of my niece’s.

Oy, vey -the goyim with the booze and the pills.

This is the only time I'm glad to be Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 40April 5, 2019 7:04 PM

You got it, R39. But there are two grand nieces, the older one being a teenaged slut who ruined herself with tampons since she was 12, and the younger one who is a badly behaved brat who messes with OP's vintage Avon bottles.

by Anonymousreply 41April 5, 2019 7:04 PM

I, too, agree with R15

by Anonymousreply 42April 5, 2019 7:05 PM

How do you ruin yourself with tampons?

by Anonymousreply 43April 5, 2019 7:05 PM

This is a 1983 TV Movie.

by Anonymousreply 44April 5, 2019 7:06 PM

[quote]and the younger one who is a badly behaved brat who messes with OP's vintage Avon bottles.

OH! I don't know her!

by Anonymousreply 45April 5, 2019 7:07 PM

Oh, I'd forgotten about the Avon bottles!

Thank you, R41!

by Anonymousreply 46April 5, 2019 7:07 PM

I would have given her a vicious face-slapping, OP! And her daughter, the man-hating niece!! Multiple slaps, delivered viciously, across their cunt faces!! How dare they!

by Anonymousreply 47April 5, 2019 7:24 PM

[quote]How do you ruin yourself with tampons?

She loves having things stuck up in her.

by Anonymousreply 48April 5, 2019 7:29 PM

You're welcome, R46.

I don't recall which niece was given the Easter bonnet, however. Maybe OP can confirm.

by Anonymousreply 49April 5, 2019 7:30 PM

So where is the niece who ruined herself with tampons now ? (She sounds fun )

by Anonymousreply 50April 5, 2019 7:39 PM

You forgot the part when you called the niece a strumpet.

by Anonymousreply 51April 5, 2019 7:52 PM

[quote]I don’t have a brother, but if I did, I doubt we’d get into fights.

I don't.

by Anonymousreply 52April 5, 2019 7:53 PM

7/10

by Anonymousreply 53April 5, 2019 8:28 PM

Pic of OP's sister

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 5, 2019 8:33 PM

Find us a pic of OP, R54.

by Anonymousreply 55April 5, 2019 8:35 PM

There is one, R55. She's R26

by Anonymousreply 56April 5, 2019 8:38 PM

My sister has one daughter, who is nearly 40. The daughter has two girls. The older one is 14 or 15, the younger one is 5 or 6. It’s hard to keep up with the ages.

My niece revealed a couple of years ago that the older daughter had started her period and so she went out and bought her a tampon. I voiced a concern that maybe her future husband wouldn’t appreciate having a new bride who’d been using tampons since she was 12 or 13. Also, I think maybe it encourages promiscuity.

by Anonymousreply 57April 5, 2019 8:40 PM

[quote]I voiced a concern

LOL

by Anonymousreply 58April 5, 2019 8:43 PM

R54, she is far too thin to be my sister. My sister is very fat. Mother tried to nip that in the bud when my sister was around 13 or so. Mother tried to teach her about diet and keeping yourself in shape, and even offered to get her an Adderall prescription. My sister balked and has probably gained 5 pounds a year ever since.

by Anonymousreply 59April 5, 2019 8:44 PM

Ah, the long lost Golden Girls episode too edgy for primetime. Thought I lost it.

by Anonymousreply 60April 5, 2019 8:49 PM

Picture this as Clayton and Blanche.

by Anonymousreply 61April 5, 2019 8:51 PM

Eunice Higgins, played by Carol Burnett, was the height of neurotic childhood mistreatment stories. Your mention of "Daddy" made me think of her, OP. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 62April 5, 2019 8:51 PM

[quote]My sister balked and has probably gained 5 pounds a year ever since.

So she's one of the American BIG PEOPLE (as I call them)? Or not quite

by Anonymousreply 63April 5, 2019 8:57 PM

I've never gotten a feeling that the family was southern. But, New England,New Jersey, or something like that comes to my mind. Anyway, southern children--especially the well off ones, calls the patriarch of the family daddy waaay into adulthood. I've heard 50 year old men call their fathers daddy or call him daddy when they are talking about him. It's fairly common.

by Anonymousreply 64April 5, 2019 9:00 PM

MENDACITY!

by Anonymousreply 65April 5, 2019 9:02 PM

R64, we are from the Midwest, though my mother was born and raised in Virginia.

by Anonymousreply 66April 6, 2019 12:31 AM

So you turn to booze and dope.

Well Broadway doesn't go for booze and dope.

Now get out of my way, I've got a man waiting for me.

by Anonymousreply 67April 6, 2019 12:47 AM

I don’t take dope. Back in the ‘70s, I enjoyed Quaaludes quite a bit, but you can’t get them anymore!

by Anonymousreply 68April 6, 2019 1:04 AM

You need reparative therapy, starting with a big big bottle of Xanax, followed with Get the Fuck Over Your Drama, Bitch.

It comes in the giant economy size. Lucky for you.

by Anonymousreply 69April 6, 2019 1:14 AM

Dear, sweet r69. So earnest.

by Anonymousreply 70April 6, 2019 6:22 AM

R70. It’s the Importance of Being Earnest, Aunt Augusta.

by Anonymousreply 71April 6, 2019 6:40 AM

It’s fine to turn your back on your sister, but how can you turn your back on me?

by Anonymousreply 72April 6, 2019 6:52 AM

Joel is a neighbor boy, not a nephew. Smh.

by Anonymousreply 73April 6, 2019 3:38 PM

2/10

by Anonymousreply 74April 6, 2019 4:07 PM

Someone needs a tire iron to the base of the skull

by Anonymousreply 75April 6, 2019 6:42 PM

I phoned my niece’s estranged husband yesterday evening. He didn’t seem to know who I was at first, which I found a little strange. I reminded him that he had been to my house for Xmas, and he said “Oh, right. The fancy uncle.” I bristled a bit, but didn’t say anything.

I told him I was very sorry to hear of the developments with my niece, but I understood that she was probably very difficult to live with. He let his guard down at this point, and said “Yeah, you don’t have the best relationship with her either, do you?”

We talked for about 20 minutes. Their marriage hadn’t been good for a number of years. My niece had become verbally abusive toward him, so he’d been sleeping in his office for the past two years. She’s been treating him like nothing more than a meal ticket ever since. Even the girls had begun being disrespectful to him.

He met a young woman at work several months ago and they began an affair. He finally decided it was time to move out and file for divorce. She is acting like he blindsided her with all this, and her mother has been telling the girls that he’s a deadbeat.

So I told him the story of my sister and her marriage, and how she drove her husband into a mental ward, and then to suicide. He knew niece’s father had died, but none of the backstory. Big surprise.

Oh, and he told me he didn’t think their younger daughter was really his child. He’s got a good lawyer by the sound of it, so I don’t think they’ll take him to the cleaners.

I ended with a general “we should meet for a drink sometime” and then got off the phone. He’s a lovely man. I wish I was related to him instead of those other harpies.

by Anonymousreply 76April 6, 2019 7:13 PM

R73 Well you could argue that Joel is someone's nephew.

by Anonymousreply 77April 6, 2019 7:20 PM

Is this really you, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 6, 2019 11:51 PM

You poor dear. I hope you can patch things up. We're rooting for you!

by Anonymousreply 79April 6, 2019 11:53 PM

Even we quickly passed on this script.

It's not compelling or interesting enough to last to the first commercial break.

by Anonymousreply 80April 6, 2019 11:58 PM

@R76

REWRITE!

by Anonymousreply 81April 7, 2019 12:02 AM

Just let your sister know that you will not be leaving your priceless collection of Antique Avon Bottles to her or any of her trashy heirs!

by Anonymousreply 82April 7, 2019 12:48 AM

OP, please let us know more about when you and your niece's husband "Joel" or whatever you are calling him in this roman a clef do finally go out on a date...

And when he ultimately fucks your mussy

by Anonymousreply 83April 7, 2019 3:52 PM

I came home this afternoon from getting a massage and there’s a nasty message from my niece on the machine.

It was extremely vulgar and threatening, telling me she knew I’d talked to her husband and that I’d better stay out of her business or I’ll regret it.

Can you imagine? I’ll speak to whomever I please!

I always suspected she was a little deranged, considering that her father wound up in an institution and then offed himself.

by Anonymousreply 84April 9, 2019 8:41 PM

R82, I rescued those bottles from the trash after Mother died. My sister was going to throw them out!

by Anonymousreply 85April 9, 2019 8:43 PM

I haven’t spoken to my cunt of a sister for 6 years. She swindled my father estate and when he passed she got bulk of his estate, even though his will stated differently

by Anonymousreply 86April 9, 2019 8:45 PM

Oh, goodness!

by Anonymousreply 87April 9, 2019 9:05 PM

[quote] voiced a concern that maybe her future husband wouldn’t appreciate having a new bride who’d been using tampons since she was 12 or 13. Also, I think maybe it encourages promiscuity.

Tampons are the Devil's own fingers!

Don't sacrifice your daughter's purity to this Evil!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 9, 2019 10:13 PM

Mother Pence is wearing a kind of trampy, whorish dress at R88. That’s pretty shocking to me. I’ve only seen her dress like a shapeless granny. Even the shoes are out of character. She’s built like a linebacker. And her calves are blocky for a woman that’s so waistless and heavy.

Are we sure that’s not Father Pence, with Father Pence?

by Anonymousreply 89April 9, 2019 11:45 PM

[quote] I think we may never speak again.

To each other, or just in general? One hopes for utter silence across the board.

by Anonymousreply 90April 9, 2019 11:51 PM

I didn’t get a wink of sleep last night. I kept hearing what I thought were footsteps outside my bedroom window. I’m terrified that my niece may have hired someone to come over here and hurt me. All because I dared talk to her husband. Should I phone the police?

by Anonymousreply 91April 11, 2019 12:25 AM

You seem a bit paranoid, OP.

by Anonymousreply 92April 11, 2019 12:30 AM

Four Xanax? What strength? You need to be caredul with those.

by Anonymousreply 93April 11, 2019 12:31 AM

R91 Yes OP. Let them lock you up in the jail for the night like Andy Griffith did with the town drunk. Then you'll be safe.

by Anonymousreply 94April 11, 2019 12:40 AM

R93, I’ve taken them on and off for years, but I have to have a little something to drink with them for them to really work. They’re not as good as Miltown, but you can’t get that anymore, unfortunately.

I noticed a strange truck driving down my street yesterday, but other than that, no further worrying incidents. Maybe I was just being paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 95April 15, 2019 1:16 AM

Why don't you put your sister on the back burner for a few years and clean up your yard?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 15, 2019 1:27 AM

My yard is pristine!

by Anonymousreply 97April 15, 2019 11:48 PM

OP, I don't want to cause trouble

But I overheard your sister and that strumpet niece Tamery talking about you today...

They called you a 'helpless old cunt' and they laughed

by Anonymousreply 98April 21, 2019 2:38 PM

Did they find out about your leaving them out of the will???

by Anonymousreply 99April 21, 2019 2:40 PM

[quote]Did they find out about your leaving them out of the will???

It always comes down to the money and the china....

by Anonymousreply 100April 21, 2019 3:00 PM

OP, can you share the name of your doctor? My own physician is an absolute bitch about prescribing Xanax!

by Anonymousreply 101April 21, 2019 3:18 PM

R78 Old photo. Here's the updated version with Mitzi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 21, 2019 3:25 PM

^ LOL!!!! (CLAP!)(CLAP!)(CLAP!)(CLAP!)(CLAP!!!!)

by Anonymousreply 103April 21, 2019 3:26 PM

[quote]Do you make a career out of writing fiction?

Career sounds optimistic.

by Anonymousreply 104April 21, 2019 3:45 PM

[quote]Do you make a career out of writing fiction?

Oh, c'mon... You have to just go with it. I STILL get a laugh out of the chicken a-la king lunch. In fact, I go back and read it every now and then just to get a chuckle. It, and the characters, are written so real and believable that you can believe it happened. Someone up thread noted Carol Burnett's "Eunice's Family" and it's a great comparison.

by Anonymousreply 105April 21, 2019 3:58 PM

Pardon me miss, but with a due respect I have problems of my own.

by Anonymousreply 106April 21, 2019 4:06 PM

Just stick a tampon up your ass, OP.

by Anonymousreply 107April 21, 2019 4:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!