Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When The Hair Matches The Mouth

Where does this cunt get off?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 24, 2019 9:35 AM

You sound triggered, OP. Do you want your binky?

by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2019 1:22 AM

Lemme guess, she doesn’t vote and hates Israel.

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2019 1:25 AM

MAGA hats are modern-day swastikas.

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2019 1:25 AM

The old guy was Jewish and minding his own business as he drank a coffee.

Her type is unbalanced without the need of an excuse like a cap, or even a pair of socks..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2019 1:46 AM

Can everyone read the goddamned article including the OP before trying to stir shit? MAGA hat dude regularly sits in the Starbucks talking loudly about divisive politics. She went overboard, but her heart was in the right place. Sadly, she's been fired and her husband's job was threatened. MAGA hat wearers know exactly what they're doing. R4, Can you point out where it says he's Jewish, from what I read, dude was never identified.

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2019 1:50 AM

Well, OP, you're in luck. I have one FF left just for your MAGA-ing.

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2019 1:51 AM

MAGATS do know exactly what they are doing. MAGA hats are the modern day swastika and only disingenuous assholes try to defend them. He's looking for trouble. I applaud her. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2019 1:55 AM

PALO ALTO (KPIX 5) – An accountant has lost her job after berating a man in public and online for wearing a “Make America Great Again” cap at a Starbucks in Palo Alto.

The confrontation took place at the coffeehouse on California Avenue on Monday, which quickly went viral.

Since losing her job, the woman has seemed to have gone into hiding, while the man was spotted wearing the hat Wednesday.

“You know, America is still a free country right?” said Victor F., a 74-year-old supporter of the president who lives in Palo Alto.

Victor casually went about his business on California Avenue on Wednesday, still sporting the red hat that prompted the loud confrontation at the Starbucks.

“This crazy woman came over and started raving at me. She turned to the rest of Starbucks and said, ‘Hey everybody, here’s this racist over here. He hates brown people, he’s crazy, he’s a Nazi,’ and so forth,” Victor told KPIX 5.

The woman, Rebecca Parker Mankey, then began taking photos and posting about it on her Facebook page, saying she was going to shame him, get him fired, kicked out of clubs and march up and down his street.

Victor says she left, then came back and tried to rile the Starbucks crowd once more.

“‘Hey everybody here’s this racist,’ and so on. And then as she wrote in her thing, she was disappointed everybody didn’t come and mob me,” he said.

“She didn’t want to discuss the issues with me. She wanted just to scream about Nazi’s and so on and that’s what we’ve sunken to,” Victor said.

Victor wears a yarmulke underneath his MAGA hat. He is Jewish and so to him, being called a Nazi is hurtful.

“People with an education should know better than to say stupid things like that,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2019 1:58 AM

OP = snowflake

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2019 1:58 AM

The only MAGA hat I have seen in public (rural S.C.) was on an obviously developmentally disabled man trying to get attention (talking to strangers doing the thumbs up) at a grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2019 1:59 AM

Wearing a yarmulke under the MAGA hat, hmm? Sounds like a trap staged by the Alt-Right, and unfortunately Rebecca Mankey fell into it.

They're pretty cagey about the identity of "Victor F." He probably doesn't bear up under scrutiny - as fake as that shit staged by Project Veritas.

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2019 2:04 AM

Why is she identified but Victor F. is not? I hate being this cynical, but c'mon. It states clearly in the linked article that Victor F. sits around Starbucks talking loudly about immigration and other divisive issues to a female companion. The quoted person says it's typical Fox news stuff. He's doing this to get a rise out of people, and unfortunately, this woman went a little too far. That last piece of reporting is a bit of propaganda for Mr. F..

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2019 2:14 AM

This woman’s type of behavior is what will get Trump re elected. We have to stop doing this.

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2019 2:14 AM

His name is Victor Fuckface.

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2019 2:15 AM

Apologist or troll, R13? Hard to decide. Either way, kindly fuck off. When they come for you, I'll make sure to let them know you're in the attic.

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2019 2:21 AM

[quote]“I am going to publicly shame him in town and try to get him fired and kicked out of every club he is in,” she wrote on Twitter. "I am going to go to his house, march up and down carrying a sign that says he hates black people. I am going to organize protests where he works to make him feel as unsafe as he made every brown person he met today."

She sounds insane.

by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2019 2:23 AM

R15 sounds insane too. Thanks for helping Trump get re elected retard.

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2019 2:25 AM

[quote]Thanks for helping Trump get re elected retard.

Standard Russian troll fare. It's boilerplate.

None of that was how Trump got in office in the first place - it was Russian disinformation on social media, and Comey's letter to Congress. A perfect storm, none of which will happen again. Trump cannot win again with only the support of his base.

by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2019 2:29 AM

By hiding the fact the Victor F did nothing wrong, or hasn't contributed to what happened, R17, you're doing the same. Begone, Troll/apologist. And thanks for the lamest insult you could come up with. It shows your wit and intelligence off to a T.

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2019 2:33 AM

Her job wasted no time in firing her after she was identified, so me guesses she pulls this kind of stuff on the regular, and probably at work too. And R12 , I'll explain this slowly. She's identified because she posted her triumphant verbal assault on this on Facebook, and then tried to have people help her dox HIM. Kinda backfired.

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2019 2:42 AM

R11 Again, please pay attention. Markey POSTED this to her own social media, proudly, with video/pics of the old man, and wanted people to ID him and scream at him in public, get him fired or banned from wherever he goes. It has nothing to do with fucking Project Veritas, you've got it totally backwards. But you're used to that.

by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2019 2:45 AM

The lady bully is hiding

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2019 2:59 AM

R21, I'm referring to the trap laid by "Victor F," sitting in a public place wearing a MAGA hat with a yarmulke on underneath it, waiting for somebody - anybody - to take issue with it. The idea was that somebody would inevitably call him a Nazi, and he'd doff the hat, revealing the yarmulke ('I can't [italic]possibly[/italic] be a fascist - Lookee, everybody! I'm Jewish!'). It's true that Rebecca Mankey bit the hook, and better than they could possibly have hoped for, but the whole thing [italic]was[/italic] a set-up, like those that Project Veritas stages.

And now "Victor F" has come forward, using the incident as a stage to broadly refute basically everything said of Trump and the Trump Movement, as a spokesman for it. This was the entire point of the trap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2019 3:01 AM

I long for the old days, when Nazis were upfront about being Nazis.

These passive-aggressive closeted Nazi snowflakes will be the death of the US.

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2019 3:02 AM

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

When you see one of these MAGA hat-wearing assholes out in public, [italic]DO NOT APPROACH OR OTHERWISE ENGAGE WITH THEM![/italic]. You'll provide them with the victimhood they're seeking.

It's happening everywhere. It's a planned strategy - ever since that smug little shit Nick Sandmann made the news.

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2019 3:07 AM

[quote]The old guy was Jewish

So, conservative is what you mean. You CAN'T mean oppressed in 2019.

by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2019 3:08 AM

There's another MAGA hat incident currently in the news, and that's the asshole in San Francisco, parading around in the hat, [italic]daring[/italic] somebody to say something to him about it - with the difference being that he was carrying a sword concealed in his jacket, ready to cut somebody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2019 3:16 AM

She seems nice.

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2019 3:20 AM

[quote] Can everyone read the goddamned article including the OP before trying to stir shit? MAGA hat dude regularly sits in the Starbucks talking loudly about divisive politics.

Which is legal. The end.

by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2019 3:21 AM

Boy if somebody started ranting at gays for rainbow t shirts everybody would go nuts.

R23 I understood exactly what you were saying in your original post and agree with you completely.

by Anonymousreply 30April 5, 2019 3:22 AM

[quote]Which is legal. The end.

If you want to play it that way, R29, what Rebecca Mankey did was equally [italic]legal[/italic]. But none of that is the point.

by Anonymousreply 31April 5, 2019 3:27 AM

Do you guys not see the parallel between MAGA hats and the condoning of hate speech? She crossed the line, but those defending this dude on a gay board are either oblivious or trolls. I'm hoping for oblivious.

by Anonymousreply 32April 5, 2019 3:28 AM

R32 you are the oblivious one. I’m sorry.

by Anonymousreply 33April 5, 2019 3:29 AM

Mohawk freak lady is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 34April 5, 2019 3:47 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 5, 2019 5:57 AM

The more I read the OP's linked article, the less I believe Rebecca Parker Mankey as a real personality. She does not appear to have emerged prior to 2017, when she began attempting, unsuccessfully, to insert herself into local Democrat circles. She comes across less as a leftist and more an alt-right parody of what a leftist would be, their impressions of it. I'm wondering now if the whole thing, including the nasty Facebook post, wasn't staged as a form of alt-right performance art.

It's not as if alt-righters haven't been caught impersonating leftists, like the Mike Cernovich thugs who went to the Columbia University student protest and unfurled a NAMBLA banner for the cameras in an attempt to smear the students. Right wing 'Proud Boys' like to dress in black, with balaclavas covering their faces, show up to protests pretending to be 'ANTIFA,' and beat the shit out of bystanders and reporters, with the intent that the violence would be blamed on the left. But if Mankey really represents this kind of ratfucking, it will have gone to a whole new level.

by Anonymousreply 36April 5, 2019 6:20 AM

Why was she fired for filming and exposing him? The person who filmed and exposed that Aaron lawyer guy didn’t get fired. The woman who filmed Permit Patty didn’t get fired. In fact, she got rewarded a trip to Fisneyland.

by Anonymousreply 37April 5, 2019 6:36 AM

[quote]Victor wears a yarmulke underneath his MAGA hat. He is Jewish and so to him, being called a Nazi is hurtful.

It's only hurtful to people like him because he would've gladly joined Hitler had Jews not been targeted. I mean that is the point of Jews who support Trump. They're cool with others being the target of racism and bigotry as long as you're a rabid Zionist. They align with white supremacists like Steve King and Steve Bannon and Richard Spence because as long as your "Pro-Israel," they don't give a fuck if Trump is targeting other groups of people.

And kiss my ass if you're offended by what I've written. Here's Ben Shapiro with Steve King:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 5, 2019 6:51 AM

And here's that Michael Jackson -loving rabbi with Steve Bannon:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 5, 2019 6:52 AM

You wanna pretend Trump-supporting Zionism and white supremacy don't go hand-in-hand? Sell it to an idiot. Many see the "relationship" that has developed starting with the birth of Breitbart and who was behind it.

by Anonymousreply 40April 5, 2019 6:54 AM

Oh, and Richard Spencer and Steve Miller are buddies, but by all means, keep lying about the relationship

by Anonymousreply 41April 5, 2019 6:56 AM

you're*

by Anonymousreply 42April 5, 2019 6:58 AM

r40 Bernie Sanders and Chuck Schumer and Diane Feinstein and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz are all HUGE Zionists/Jewish Ethnic Nationalists.

They support liberal positions in the US because these too are beneficial for their Jewish Ethnic Nationalist cause.

Jews gave up their guns and went down like lambs in the Holocaust. Now EVERY Jewish politician (even Bernie) wants to take away guns from US goyim. All while they passionately support Israel and it's rogue nukes and it's Nazi occupation and slow-motion genocide of the Palestinians.

What do you think Bernie and Schumer's end goal is for the USA? Do you really think it is anything progressive that will empower Goyim? No, their plan is to turn the US into the West Bank or Gaza.

So when you criticize Zionism, make sure you don't forget the Zionists who pose as progressive or liberal when this political stance is merely posturing by rabid Jewish ethno-nationalists.

by Anonymousreply 43April 5, 2019 7:27 AM

[quote]Can everyone read the goddamned article including the OP before trying to stir shit? MAGA hat dude regularly sits in the Starbucks talking loudly about divisive politics.

*snort*. Bullshit article that is completely biased for the SJW freak. Somehow they found ONE person to say the old man is often seen around town "loudly talking" about politics (gasp!).

by Anonymousreply 44April 5, 2019 7:59 AM

R36, I totally get why this walking, breathing cartoon makes you cringe. She checks all the embarrassing SJW boxes --fat, unattractive, middle aged, BPD attention whore with a red mohawk, nerd girl glasses and red lipstick. Yeesh, can't get much more cliche than that. But she is a real person who is known in her community-- with friends, a family and (formerly) a job that she lost due to her insanity. Even though she 'appears' to be right out of SJW central casting, she didn't just blow into town to do a bit of performance art. (Although that would be brilliant).

[quote]She comes across less as a leftist and more an alt-right parody of what a leftist would be, their impressions of it

No one needs to invent this shit. Leftist look like idiots all on their own.

by Anonymousreply 45April 5, 2019 8:23 AM

Remember when Trump opened a campaign office in Jerusalem in 2016? We all said WTF.

Now it's all making sense.

Leave it to Trump to get Zionists and Nazis to work together.

by Anonymousreply 46April 6, 2019 2:00 AM

All your cute non sequiturs about Steve Bannon and Hitler and Zionism aside, this is about an old sitting on Starbucks by himself, and getting attacked verbally by a left-behind punk rocker who's off her meds, and part of an army of people who think they can control other people's thoughts by screaming at them. And R23 R25 , how exactly does one "lay a trap" by sitting in a coffee shop drinking coffee ? Maybe you can Antifa-splain that to me.

by Anonymousreply 47April 7, 2019 2:25 AM

Pops should have thrown his coffee in her face. What an asshole that woman is.

by Anonymousreply 48April 7, 2019 2:40 AM

By bumping a topic from 24 hours ago, and not reading or ignoring the related article which stated the MAGA hat guy baited people by loudly spewing Fox News talking points to a frequent friend who he was often there, you've shown yourself to be the troll that you are. Move it along, R47.

by Anonymousreply 49April 7, 2019 2:43 AM

"I am going to publicly shame him in town and try to get him fired and kicked out of every club he is in." Does he clubbing a lot? Is he 74 but looks 25?

by Anonymousreply 50April 7, 2019 3:56 AM

R49 The linked article says nothing like what you *wish* it said. He didn't bait anybody, he supposedly was in the habit of talking with a friend about politics, according to ONE unnamed person. Nobody says he was talking to anybody the day this whack job disrupted the whole Starbucks, he was alone. And if you're the 24-hour post bump sheriff, fucking show the badge Muriel gave you, or go fuck yourself. I'll comment on what I feel like.

by Anonymousreply 51April 7, 2019 6:02 AM

Mankey went on to write that she yelled at him, “called the entire Starbucks to order” Called the Starbucks to order? fuck you, how dare this loudmouth fucking stir up all this drama at a place where people are just trying to chill. This is what happens when a redditor expects the real world to be like reddit. Also, she threatened his wife and wanted to know where his kids went to school? Is she blind as well as ugly? He's 100 years old, his kids aren't school age. I have no sympathy for someone who got doxed after threatening to dox someone.

by Anonymousreply 52April 7, 2019 6:46 AM

[quote] I have no sympathy for someone who got doxed after threatening to dox someone.

poetic justice

by Anonymousreply 53April 7, 2019 6:55 AM

I won't continue arguing the points I have already made, if you won't listen to reason, R47. What reason would you have to defend anyone with a MAGA hat who is obviously a shit stirrer? I suppose two peas in a pod. You know what baggage it connotes. Anyone who would wear that in the Northeast where I live would get some serious side eye. That hat represents a lot, and I'm sure you are aware. You are able to comment on anything you like, but we're all happy and able to call you out on your bullshit. I've said this throughout the thread, the woman that confronted him was wrong. But dude was out in public to bait anyone he could. Anyone who tries to argue the this guy wasn't at least partly to blame is an idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 7, 2019 6:57 AM

No he's fucking not r54, and this kind of shit is a guaranteed win for trump in 2020. You don't get to harass people for what they are fucking wearing! You guys are doing that echo chamber shit again. No fucking way, NO WAY would you defend this shit coming from the right, it's despicable behavior and only a shitty fucking person would do this and threaten someone like that, it's inexcusable.

by Anonymousreply 55April 7, 2019 7:11 AM

I have said time and again that she was in the wrong. R55, My point is that MAGA hat has culpability. If you cannot see that, then you truly are deranged. Nothing is black and white like some like to reduce it to. Get a good grip on the facts and look at them objectively. Both parties can be wrong you know.

by Anonymousreply 56April 7, 2019 7:19 AM

He's not wrong! He can wear whatever he wants, if you truly think you can legislate clothing and that you should be allowed to, you are insane. Do you attack people in Che Guevara shirts? Why not? because it's fucking insane, it's ironic that these tumblrinas always do this shit because fascism, and see no fucking irony in it. If people are so unhinged about headgear then they should maybe live in a cave. But she did this shit for sjw points and I would be fucking furious if that were my dad. Yeah those hats are shitty, but what do you think it does when the elderly see this kind of extreme reaction? It makes them think the left is insane and they should vote against them.

by Anonymousreply 57April 7, 2019 7:26 AM

Anyone can wear anything they like. A MAGA hat, a Nazi uniform, a ballerina tutu. You must remember though what that hat represents to many, many people. See the political cartoon I posted at R54. I am not concerned with the elderly or anyone who cannot discern the difference between what has happened here. I will say this once more. BOTH sides have culpability. You just c an't seem to understand that point, or are unwilling. That you are worried what the elderly are watching on Fox News think about this incident is telling. If you can't think about an issue critically, it says more about your education and indoctrination into conservative media more than anything else. Oh, and sign your posts, it helps to know who I'm debating.

by Anonymousreply 58April 7, 2019 7:39 AM

In addition to losing her job at the music store, the freakazoid lady lost her political job.

The Mercury News reported that Mankey was a member of the North Ventura Coordinated Area Plan Working Group and co-chaired the Bayshore Progressive Democrats. On Wednesday, she resigned as the co-chair and member of the Bayshore Progressive Democrats.

The revolution has been delayed.

by Anonymousreply 59April 7, 2019 7:49 AM

Oh sorry r58, do you think this privileged white chick who is able to wear fucking rowdy spikes to work is really oppressed? She's not, and the fact she mentions "brown people" sounds like she is the one who is racist. It was an idiotic thing for her to do and knowing that does not mean I lack critical thinking skills. And the political cartoon is supposed to make me gain them? And no, that guy doesn't have culpability, he was literally drinking coffee at a place he goes to every day. Maybe he talks loudly because he is old and hard of hearing, who knows, it irritates me to have to defend this guy but he is not wrong. You sound like one of those "she was asking for it" people when you say someone is culpable because of what they are wearing. You should choose which hill you want to die on and this shouldn't be it. Getting triggered over headgear is absolutely ridiculous, it will never not be. I get enraged when I fucking see idiotic pro-life bumper stickers but I don't follow them and scream at them because I'm not insane.

by Anonymousreply 60April 7, 2019 7:50 AM

Victor is cute. I’d fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 61April 7, 2019 8:09 AM

Marry me R60

by Anonymousreply 62April 7, 2019 9:00 AM

[quote]Anyone can wear anything they like. A MAGA hat, a Nazi uniform, a ballerina tutu. You must remember though what that hat represents to many, many people.

Uh huh. And you must remember what her ridiculous mohawk represents to many, many people (unhinged, intolerant, loudmouthed SJW with an ax to grind). Should a mob wearing Maga hats hold this lunatic down and shave it off because it hurts their fee fees?

by Anonymousreply 63April 7, 2019 9:11 AM

And you should worry what old people who watch fox news think, they actually vote, unlike mohawked kids. All this shit, from Jussie Smollett's fake maga crime to yet another unhinged asshole tumblrina going off on someone for their hat, is just a gift to trump. Seriously, you don't have to believe me, go read or start another "Trump is done for sure this time!" part 22 thread, but he hasn't been finished and he won't be until he is voted out, which won't be anytime soon people keep pulling fucking stunts like this for woke points.

by Anonymousreply 64April 7, 2019 9:20 AM

Thanks for letting us know what a MAGA hat means to you, R54. Here is what it means to a lot of old guys:

I worked hard all my life

I pay my taxes

I love my family

I took responsibility for raising my kids

I go to church and do my best to follow God's commandments

I am a veteran

I love my country

by Anonymousreply 65April 7, 2019 9:51 AM

R65 How dare you represent your life? That's only for others.

by Anonymousreply 66April 8, 2019 3:09 AM

We are slipping to fascism So I harassed this old man for having an unpopular opinion These people lack total self-awareness.

by Anonymousreply 67April 8, 2019 5:06 AM

Didn’t you already do this one? This act is tired.

by Anonymousreply 68April 8, 2019 5:32 AM

Another one, but with saner hair.

A disagreement between a Missouri Western student and a person on campus wearing a Make America Great Again hat resulted in a confrontation involving campus police that has created controversy on social media after a video was posted by the Griffon News.

The incident began on the first floor of the Blum Student Union at approximately 4:30 p.m. Friday. Missouri Western student Dossou Nidaye noticed a person on campus wearing the red MAGA hat and asked him to take it off, according to a video she posted with her friend Andrea Gordon explaining the situation. The disagreement moved to the second floor of Blum, where Missouri Western police officers got involved, trying to defuse the situation.

Since the confrontation, a student gathering has been announced for Monday in the Blum Student Union Lobby at noon to discuss the issue.

In the video posted by Nidaye and Andrea Gordon, Nidaye presented her version of the events:

“The way it happened was we were downstairs in Blum and the kid walked in with his hat, and when he was coming towards the food court and his friends just started tapping him and I looked around and it was mostly African American people at the time and we were all kind of uncomfortable–we were all looking at him,” Nidaye said.

“So I went up to him peacefully and I said, ‘Hey, why are you wearing that hat? Why do you think it’s okay to wear that on this campus?’ And he was like, ‘Oh, I’m sorry,’ and took the hat off. And that was that and I was going to end like that, but this older white man came up from behind me and was like, ‘shut up,’, walked past me, got me out of the way and said shut up and told him, ‘No, don’t listen to her–put it back on.’ I turned around to him and I said, ‘Why do you think that’s okay? Why are you telling him that and to put it back on?’”

After some time had passed, the unidentified student spoke to Nidaye and said he should be able to wear the hat and that he was just a 17-year old getting ready for prom.

According to the North Platte school district’s website, the Dearborn-based school will be holding its prom this evening in the Blum Student Union. The Griffon News has not yet been able to ascertain the name of the high school student or man accompanying him to reach them for comment.

According to an eyewitness, the high school student went up the stairs to the second floor of Blum and Nidaye followed him. At that point, in front of the Center for Student Involvement, campus police officers intervened.

In the Griffon News video, Nidaye can be heard saying, “[The hat] is a symbol of white supremacy and I don’t want to see that. I wake up every day and see my people getting killed.”

One of the two officers at the scene can be heard in the video saying the confrontation needed to be resolved and to not tell him that he doesn’t understand the situation.

“What we’re doing right now doesn’t help the matter,” one of the officers said. “Don’t tell me what I do and don’t know. I’m not going to tell you what you do and don’t know, so don’t do the same to me.”

The confrontation ended with Nidaye saying to the police officer, “I don’t want to talk calmly. I want him to take it off.”

Update: Missouri Western Police Chief Jill Voltmer said the department stands by Missouri Western’s statement. An incident report was taken as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 8, 2019 7:16 AM

video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 8, 2019 7:20 AM

Hair. Mouth. OTT but a bearded guy sucking cock always reminds me of fucking a hairy hole. I'm sure there's a Freudian symbolism somewhere to beards.

by Anonymousreply 71April 8, 2019 9:04 AM

Is she SE Cupps sister?

by Anonymousreply 72April 8, 2019 9:26 AM

[quote] If you want to play it that way, [R29], what Rebecca Mankey did was equally legal. But none of that is the point.

And she was fired. And harassment isn’t legal. She would have been arrested had law enforcement been there.

by Anonymousreply 73April 8, 2019 9:30 AM

She is too old for that look, but its typical. Was her hissy fit worth the cost to her?

by Anonymousreply 74April 8, 2019 10:11 AM

[quote]And R23 R25 , how exactly does one "lay a trap" by sitting in a coffee shop drinking coffee ? Maybe you can Antifa-splain that to me.

I already did, R47, if you'd read the thread, at R23 and R36. (Your use of the term 'Antifa' marks you as alt-right/Russian, if not out-and-out Nazi. Only fascists are against anti-fascism.)

by Anonymousreply 75April 8, 2019 12:10 PM

R62, you’re going to have to fight me for him! Get in line, he’s mine!

by Anonymousreply 76April 8, 2019 1:08 PM

If this situation were reversed and someone did what this chick did because the person was wearing a rainbow flag lapel pin, I doubt there’d be so many here defending her.

by Anonymousreply 77April 8, 2019 1:10 PM

R65, arguments like that have been made in defense of both the Nazi flag and the Confederate flag. Both of those are unredeemable, and so is the MAGA hat, made so by what the Trump administration has done, is doing, and has tried to do.

by Anonymousreply 78April 8, 2019 2:20 PM

R75 In a single sentence you manage to defend Antifa's actions and call anyone who brings it up, a Nazi. Good work!

by Anonymousreply 79April 8, 2019 3:05 PM

Let's be honest. Bitch has some screws loose if she loses control like that and keeps it going for as long as she did. I don't think anyone defending her would actually want someone like that as a co-worker or employee.

by Anonymousreply 80April 8, 2019 3:11 PM

R79, there's no such thing as 'Antifa,' not here in the States. 'Antifa' was an anti-fascist movement in Europe during the post-WWII years. But over here, it only actually exists as a rhetorical boogeyman employed by Fox, Breitbart, and other conservative media shills, a way of labeling persons they want to excoriate. Kind of like how, in the hands of Fox News, any black person who protests, or commits vandalism or some other crime, is automatically characterized as a member of 'BLM.'

While some on the left might find the idea of 'Antifa' appealing, the truth is that there's no organization or leadership here for it. It doesn't really exist in the way the Right needs for it to.

by Anonymousreply 81April 8, 2019 3:14 PM

[quote]so is the MAGA hat, made so by what the Trump administration has done, is doing, and has tried to do.

Says who? You, R78? Opinions vary.....and just like assholes, everybody has one. Your opinions don't matter to that old man. Just like I'm sure you don't GAF that he's grossed out by your mohawk, nose ring and tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 82April 8, 2019 3:41 PM

[quote]Opinions vary.....and just like assholes, everybody has one.

They're not all equal. Jim Inhofe's opinion that climate change is a crock doesn't have the same standing as 99% of the world's scientists.

Likewise, *most* of the country knows what to think of the goddamned MAGA hats. Trump supporters assume the risk by choosing to wear them in public.

by Anonymousreply 83April 8, 2019 3:46 PM

[quote]Trump supporters assume the risk by choosing to wear them in public.

What, that some nutjob is gonna holler at them and cause a scene, in turn losing THEIR job?

by Anonymousreply 84April 8, 2019 3:53 PM

R81 Fascinating. Antifa doesn't exist. So when we see black-clad masked people with Antifa flags smashing bank windows, assaulting people in public in Boston, Berkeley, Portland, etc., those are what, hedge-fund managers? Because THEY seem to think they exist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 8, 2019 3:55 PM

R83 And you assume the risk of being a smudge on the pavement if you ever dare leave your sister's basement to assault a person for wearing a hat you don't like.

by Anonymousreply 86April 8, 2019 3:58 PM

I understand and identify with her and her feelings, but this was a bit OTT. Now she’s out of a job. No MAGA hat wearing lowlife is worth getting fired over.

But she’ll get another job...she’s white.

by Anonymousreply 87April 8, 2019 4:00 PM

R85, no, typically they are black-clad Proud Boys and other alt-right groups, pretending to be Antifa. Alt-righters are constantly spoofing the left, just as Russian trolls do online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 8, 2019 4:06 PM

[quote]What, that some nutjob is gonna holler at them and cause a scene, in turn losing THEIR job?

Perhaps. Or some nutjob may shoot them. Or they may get doxxed and fired from their own jobs. There's a certain amount of risk to that kind of trolling - and yes, it is trolling. If one truly, [italic]really[/italic] believes that the left are nutjobs, then wearing the hat in public is a stupid thing to do. Right-wingers only risk it with the tacit understanding that, on the whole, liberals are balanced people who wouldn't hurt a fly.

But typically, the nutjobs are the ones wearing the MAGA hats. Like the nut in San Fran with the sword.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 8, 2019 4:12 PM

The stealth kippah wearing man in the MAGA hat should not be consuming anything at Starbucks - it's not operated under the supervision of any rabbi and is not OK Kosher certified.

MAGA man should be publicly chastised at his synagogue for slurping down treif coffee.

by Anonymousreply 90April 8, 2019 4:14 PM

[quote]Or they may get doxxed and fired from their own jobs.

For wearing a hat that some people don’t like in public?

What if they turned it around on you and did the same for wearing a Pride item?

by Anonymousreply 91April 8, 2019 4:17 PM

R90, if you know, or anyone else who does: I’m not Jewish. Is it permitted to wear something over, or something that blocks, the yarmulke?

by Anonymousreply 92April 8, 2019 4:18 PM

[quote]For wearing a hat that some people don’t like in public?

Correct. I don't say it because I approve of it; it simply happens to be a fact.

[quote]What if they turned it around on you and did the same for wearing a Pride item?

In the state where I live, the risk for that is quite high - a hell of a lot higher than the risk for wearing a MAGA hat. Subsequently, I don't do it. Nor do I use signifiers for anything else I happen to be, like anti-theist. No 'Darwin Fish' or 'FSM' on my car - that's a good way to get my windows beaten out and my tires slashed.

by Anonymousreply 93April 8, 2019 4:22 PM

[quote]Likewise, *most* of the country knows what to think of rainbow flags. Gays assume risk by choosing to wear/display them in public.

How do you like your own illogic when applied to YOUR tribe, R83?

by Anonymousreply 94April 8, 2019 4:23 PM

R93, thinks women who wear short skirts are asking to get raped.

by Anonymousreply 95April 8, 2019 4:25 PM

R92, you miss the point. The man concealing the yarmulke under his MAGA hate is unlikely to actually be Jewish.

For that matter, I don't particularly believe the mohawk chick is a liberal. I think it's staged political theater.

by Anonymousreply 96April 8, 2019 4:25 PM

R94, see R93.

R95, blow it out your ass. That's an invalid comparison.

by Anonymousreply 97April 8, 2019 4:27 PM

R96, no, I got your point. But that led me to ask because if you’re not supposed to wear anything atop it, that would be more proof that something is fishy.

by Anonymousreply 98April 8, 2019 4:31 PM

r96 Right, but it isn't staged, why would you find it hard to believe that someone who walks around like that is fucking unhinged? Jesus, just look at her. She's not an actor, you sound like a Sandy Hook Hoaxer. Why can't you get out of your fucking echo chamber? This chick finally did, she realized that in real life people don't stand up and clap when you rant like a psycho. Also, the fact that she literally did this for virtual asspats and woke points is the most annoying thing. If there were no social media, no way would she have done this. Also, she's lucky that maga dude didn't shoot her. I guaranfuckingtee she would NOT have done this to someone her age or younger. Fuck her, she got what she deserved.

by Anonymousreply 99April 8, 2019 4:56 PM

R98, I understand there is some debate on whether hiding the kippah reflects shame for being a Jew. As such, some frown upon it, especially since today nobody's particularly hunting them to kill or put into camps.

Even if the old man is genuinely Jewish - which I doubt - one can see two statements being made by the kippah and the MAGA hat, and clearly the MAGA is the more important to him.

by Anonymousreply 100April 8, 2019 4:56 PM

How do you know it's not staged, R99? The idea that an old man conceals a kippah under his MAGA hat, and sits for days in coffee shops, loudly expressing right-wing opinions, is plainly someone who's fishing for a reaction.

And the woman who eventually reacted - and oh, what a reaction it was - is plainly a caricature of a liberal, what someone like Milo Yiannopoulos or Rush Limbaugh thinks is a typical liberal. It's something a skinhead might go in costume on Halloween.

[quote]Jesus, just look at her. She's not an actor, you sound like a Sandy Hook Hoaxer.

'Jesus, just look at her' was pretty much my reaction. She's highly improbable.

[quote]Also, she's lucky that maga dude didn't shoot her.

You'd have approved of that, huh? If he had, the perspective on the whole thing would be quite different, wouldn't it? He'd be going to prison, and the altercation would have become fodder for gun control advocates.

by Anonymousreply 101April 8, 2019 5:06 PM

This bitch must really hate her father to take it out on this old man.

Women like her (mohawk'd shrews) have usually been sexually abused by their fathers, stepfathers, or other male family members.

She needs to deal with her issues personally, and not bring them to every public encounter. She will never get closure this way.

by Anonymousreply 102April 8, 2019 5:12 PM

R100, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 103April 8, 2019 5:26 PM

How come these SJWs always target people who can’t or won’t defend themselves?

Mohawk girl would never talk like that to an actual to someone if they weren’t weak targets...

Kinda how Trans always attack gays for any opinion yet they never behave that way with actual conservative straight bigoted men (mostly cause they wanna fuck them).

Or how Chelsea Clinton is always being confronted? They know she’ll apologize to them regardless of what they say.

by Anonymousreply 104April 8, 2019 6:15 PM

R104 - Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 105April 8, 2019 6:25 PM

A socialist calling someone a NAZI is like the pot calling the kettle copper. In English, NAZI or more correctly the NSDAP means the National SOCIALIST German Workers Party or Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei. Hitler and his gang were socialists at least in their political theory. A very sick bunch, but initially socialists nevertheless. In contrast, Bento Musolini of Italy was a fascist; while Franco of Spain had fascist leanings. Trump's policies are much more in-line with fascism that with Nazism. As Hitler needed the German business class for his war effort, he was forced to move politically from socialism over to fascism in practice; which is its more lax form is more akin to what is called crony capitalism.

Under socialism the major means of production are held or owned by the state. In fascism, the means of production are nominally held in private hands or ownership, but the government maintains strict controls through regulations and also exercises high taxation. For comparison, under true communism the state owns everything and provides to the people their needs.

Thus, a modern "welfare-state" is much more akin to a fascist economy. When Margaret Thatcher sold off nationalized industries in the UK, she really simply just moved the UK from a mixed socialist economy over to a mixed fascist one. Similarly, (forgetting the Boris Yeltsin years), Putin has moved Russia from a Communist system to a largely fascist system which greatly enriches himself and his chosen cronies (although some state owned enterprises still exist in Russia)

The Chinese Communists have also made a similar move towards fascism while still spouting communist slogans and ideal, but without a change in government. China does not have a free economy by any means. South Korea also operates a classic fascist economic system. They simply call it the chaebol system which is an integrated system of family-owned conglomerates that connects into the government.

Note to the grammar queen, F-off in advance. .

by Anonymousreply 106April 8, 2019 6:56 PM

So we can learn from this that the world is doomed to an endless fight between reactionaries and liberals. Tensions were always there, but since the advent of Trump the veil has been lifted and we can now all admit that we hate each others guts .

by Anonymousreply 107April 8, 2019 7:47 PM

Local update focusing on Victor who returned to Starbucks without his MAGA hat and is sorry MoHawk got fired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 8, 2019 8:15 PM

Wow, good for him, that is more than she would be. I guarantee her co-workers aren't sorry she got fired. She seems very difficult and exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 109April 8, 2019 8:24 PM

[quote]Mohawk girl

She hasn't been a "girl" in decades.

by Anonymousreply 110April 8, 2019 8:33 PM

R110 , that's why I was careful to call her MoHawk, with no other identifier.

by Anonymousreply 111April 8, 2019 8:37 PM

The place she worked is an awesome stringed instrument store called Gryphon. They are in a funky part of town (where I lived) and they have a machine where you can use an old credit card to make guitar picks for free. If you are interested in guitars, mandolins, etc., and primarily bluegrass music, check it out. My son took electric guitar lessons there when he was 11 from a cool longhair rocker. Best energy. Especially now that the sigh of relief has gone out amongst the staff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 8, 2019 8:42 PM

[quote]She is plainly a caricature of a liberal

Not on college campuses. She's extremely long in the tooth for that look, but it's rampant among SJWs. Just replace the mohawk with a blue asymmetrical haircut.

by Anonymousreply 113April 8, 2019 8:48 PM

"“Parker felt strongly that she wanted to use her privilege as a white woman to stand up for those who are living in fear because of the hateful atmosphere fostered by Trump,” the group wrote. " How very white of you! Thanks for deigning to speak for us!

by Anonymousreply 114April 8, 2019 8:49 PM

^LOL. She's delusional. A mentally disturbed harridan (white or otherwise) has zero clout or "privilege" in our society. No one is listening to her hysterics, or is influenced by her in any way....execpt to be mildly entertained by all the drama.

by Anonymousreply 115April 8, 2019 9:04 PM

Be interesting to see what you old coots moaning about 'SJW's' haircuts and bigging up Trump supporters look like.

by Anonymousreply 116April 8, 2019 9:06 PM

Was proper parliamentary procedure used to call the Starbucks to order?

by Anonymousreply 117April 8, 2019 9:18 PM

She got trolled by that YarMAGA wearing cunt big time.

by Anonymousreply 118April 8, 2019 9:46 PM

Even Obama is saying that young SJWs need to fucking reign it in. Not that this chick is young, but he's looking at her too, no doubt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 8, 2019 10:03 PM

More Proud Boys and Young Republicans posing as leftists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 9, 2019 1:02 AM

I cantbe the only one on here who genuinely doesnt give a flying rats ass about maga hats or SJW's or any of these ridiculous talking points so beloved on here. Seriously,who gives a fuck ?!?

by Anonymousreply 121April 9, 2019 1:12 AM

R121 Did you get to the end of this pretty thread by accident? Is someone behind your computer with a gun? Just blink twice, we'll call 911.

by Anonymousreply 122April 9, 2019 1:24 AM

We should all be alarmed by people who go around acting as a self-appointed Judge, Jury, and Executioner.

by Anonymousreply 123April 9, 2019 1:38 AM

R120, the so-called mugshots you posted are fake, stemming from a Reddit board. (I do not recommend that anyone from the Datalounge click on R120's link, unless you want your IP address collected.) Further research of the image reveals it does not originate from any kind of news or law enforcement agency, but instead from a faked Boy Scouts lodge site (the Boy Scouts lodge is a .org, and the one posting the mugshots is an imposter .com website. This kind of fake "Antifa mugshot" image is common on the internet, probably generated by 4chan or 8chan users.

Here's another instance:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 9, 2019 8:07 PM

[quote]Not on college campuses. She's extremely long in the tooth for that look, but it's rampant among SJWs.

No it isn't, R113. It's a caricature.

And the mere fact that you use the expression "SJWs" marks you as an alt-right or Russian troll. They're the only ones who view social justice issues with contempt.

by Anonymousreply 125April 9, 2019 8:11 PM

You’re not alone, r121.

by Anonymousreply 126April 9, 2019 8:13 PM

You're right r125, most SJWs have blue hair and are much fatter. And no, it's not an alt right term to use, everyone is fucking fed up with their woke shit, but please, keep insisting that it's all made up. Did you not read the fucking link I posted about how even Obama is saying to knock this shit off? I guess be ready for another trumpy 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 127April 9, 2019 9:18 PM

[quote]And no, it's not an alt right term to use...

Yes, it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 10, 2019 12:11 AM

R124 If you're going to lie, do it in a way that every person on the thread can't check in 2 seconds. They're real, they're posted by the Police Department, Dope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 10, 2019 12:23 AM

It's fun to point and laugh at these kooks. I hope they step up their crazy.

by Anonymousreply 130April 10, 2019 12:25 AM

R129, Mmm-hmm. There's nothing at you link identifying them as "Antifa."

Read the Snopes article.

by Anonymousreply 131April 10, 2019 12:48 AM

None of those arrested are labeled as Antifa, except by the trolls. Nor does the Portland.gov site even identify them as leftists (although granted, there's a few pictured there about whom some assumptions can probably be drawn). None of them were arrested for violence, assault, or property destruction, but rather for charges like "interfering with a peace officer" or "harrassing."

For the troll posting these pics as, 'Behold, the terror that is ANTIFAAAA!', it falls pretty flat.

by Anonymousreply 132April 10, 2019 1:11 AM

R129, just because the list of arrested folks comes from Portland PD isn't proof that it's not fake. Take the list assembled by Louisiana State Police, drawn from white supremacist websites:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 10, 2019 1:42 AM

Still more fake Antifa:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134April 10, 2019 1:47 AM

And more:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135April 10, 2019 1:54 AM

[quote]A socialist calling someone a NAZI is like the pot calling the kettle copper. In English, NAZI or more correctly the NSDAP means the National SOCIALIST German Workers Party or Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei.

Bullshit, R106. The Nazis were as "socialist" as the DPRK ('Democratic Peoples' Republic of Korea') is "democratic." That's as disingenuous a troll meme as claiming that the KKK are Democrats, or that Republicans are the party of civil rights.

by Anonymousreply 136April 10, 2019 2:10 AM

R132 to R135 -- Please peddle that garbage somewhere else. Buzzfeed -- that paragon of good reporting! Gizmodo, probably accepting their Pulitzer any day now. And yes, the Portland Police are in the habit of promoting leftist hate groups that don't really exist, because as we all know, Portland is run by fascists, top to bottom. I'm sure somebody reading this drivel will believe you, but you're a liar and your sources are ridiculous. And yes, because they're all fascists, the police will arrest these people for nothing. Just for fun.

by Anonymousreply 137April 10, 2019 2:20 AM

R137, poisoning the well is a fallacy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138April 10, 2019 2:32 AM

R138 Have you finished your manifesto about the Mossad and 9/11 yet?

by Anonymousreply 139April 10, 2019 2:43 AM

R139, you've mistaken me for somebody else.

by Anonymousreply 140April 10, 2019 2:45 AM

R136

Just because I call myself a serial killer doesn’t actually mean that I’m a serial killer.

That’s the same logic as saying that national Socialist workers party has nothing to do with socialism.

You’re just too fucking stupid to grasp it.

by Anonymousreply 141April 10, 2019 3:34 AM

Anybody that thinks snopes.com is legit fact-check organization needs his/her head examined.

by Anonymousreply 142April 10, 2019 4:51 PM

I'm not triggered by anything maga. I think it's stupid but she harassed the guy . She deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 143April 10, 2019 4:58 PM

She is pushing 50 years old with a haircut that SCREAMS " LOOK AT MEEEEEEEE! I NEED ATTENTION!!!!!!!! " I hate MAGA fools but attention seekers like that cunt are THE WORST! GREASE FIRE TO ALL!

by Anonymousreply 144April 10, 2019 7:11 PM

Just to imagine how she makes it through each day. Can she even make it through a line in a grocery store without flipping out? Does she scream at people for their food choices?

by Anonymousreply 145April 10, 2019 7:40 PM

Praying r145 doesn’t write a check at the store in front of her. I want him to stick around with us.

by Anonymousreply 146April 10, 2019 7:56 PM

R146 : )

by Anonymousreply 147April 10, 2019 7:57 PM

Um R136 -- do a lot of people call themselves serial killers when they're not actually serial killers? Is this a thing? I don't really think it is. Which means your simile is really stupid.

by Anonymousreply 148April 11, 2019 4:51 AM

R146 Markey pays with food stamps/EBT , and the cashier BETTER not question her buying Chateauneuf du Pape with it.

by Anonymousreply 149April 11, 2019 4:55 AM

In response to reply 136. Sorry, the 1964 Civil Rights Act was essentially passed by the Republican's because of southern Democratic Senators opposition. It took GOP Minority Leader Everett Dirksen to stop the southern Democratic Senators' filibuster of this important legislation . Sen. Robert Byrd spoke for 14 hours and 13 minutes before Humphrey (DEM) and Kuchel (REP) has enough votes to break the filibuster effort.

Democrat Senator's Russell, Stennis, Talmage, Byrd, Cotton, Eastlan, Ervin, Fullbright, Gore (Al's dad), Holland, Jordan, Long, Tower (who later switched to the GOP), McClellan, and Smathers (FLA) all opposed the 1963 Civil Rights Act. The first black US Senators (GOP) were during reconstruction and the first black Senator of the modern era was (GOP) Edward Brooks from MA.

The KKK was the men's club of the southern Democratic Party in the 1920s'. refer to the Democratic Convention of 1924.

It should be recognized that the political parties re-aligned themselves in the late 1960's and 1970's; with the south going GOP.

Stop trying to rewrite political history. In my original post, I even noted that Hitler was forced to move from socialism over to fascism to gain help from the German business community during the war years. However, communism, socialism and fascism are all three simply variants/degree of state-ism whereby the state is supreme over the people. The "left" are communism, socialism and fascism; while the true "right" is classic liberalism whereby people are free to manage their own affairs with minimal interference from government and/or other busybodies. Recent actions by Antifa and similar groups are actually quite close to the tactics used by Hitler's early brown-shirts. Shutting down free speech and intimidating their opponents though implied or actual violence.

Yes we all know that the DPRK is not democratic. BTW, technically speaking the United States of America is NOT a democracy (and was not intended to be one by the founders) Instead, the US is a Constitutional Republic. Electoral College anyone.

by Anonymousreply 150April 11, 2019 10:18 PM

MAGA hat critic vanishes. Instead of returning home from visiting a friend, she went north to Washington where her cell phone pinged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151April 20, 2019 3:44 PM

Probably yelled at the wrong person or called the wrong Starbucks “to order.” Not everyone is going to take her shit as non violently as that guy did.

Of course, we have the whole hoax thing so she can now become of “victim” of something.

by Anonymousreply 152April 20, 2019 4:39 PM

OH NO'S ! Was she kidnapped by 2 Latinas who shaved her head and forced her into sex slavery ???

by Anonymousreply 153April 20, 2019 4:47 PM

Oh Jeebus, those poor people forced to have sex with her.

Let us pray!

by Anonymousreply 154April 20, 2019 4:57 PM

As suspected, more than likely a publicity stunt in an effort to be a victim.

[quote]Clark said investigators believe Mankey went off the grid to avoid the avalanche of negative attention she has received.

[quote]“We have nothing that makes us think she’s at-risk,” Clark said in a phone interview late Friday night. “We’ve determined from the people we’ve talked to that she is voluntarily missing.”

[quote]“Parker felt strongly that she wanted to use her [bold]privilege as a white woman to stand up for those who are living in fear[/bold] because of the hateful atmosphere fostered by Trump,” the club wrote on its Facebook page.

This woman will re-emerge and say because of some ridiculous excuse she had to go into hiding, never even realizing her sheer stupidity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155April 21, 2019 10:23 AM

R135 2 antifa queens are hot.

by Anonymousreply 156April 21, 2019 10:34 AM

Search all the ashrams !

by Anonymousreply 157April 23, 2019 4:22 AM

r155 How crazy does it sound that I think she probably imagined that a "white woman missing" would garner huge media attention and interest. She's misunderstood her "white privilege."

by Anonymousreply 158April 23, 2019 4:50 AM

A music store employee who ranted at an elderly man because she saw him wearing a Make America Great Again hat outside a California Starbucks has been found five days after she went missing.

Rebecca Mankey, 46, from Palo Alto, failed to return home to her husband on Friday after a trip to Lake County, but the Sheriff's Office there now say she has been located.

Police have said they do not believe their is any cause for concern and that Mankey, who received national backlash and death threats earlier this month, simply wanted to go 'off the grid' for a time.

On Monday morning, she finally contacted family and informed them that she was safe, Lt. Corey Paulich of the Lake County Sheriff's Office told the Mercury News.

Authorities say that it appears Mankey simply wanted to lay low for a time after the flood of negative attention she had received in recent weeks.

'We have nothing that makes us think she's at-risk,' Sgt. Aaron Clark of the Lake County Sheriff's Office said.

Mankey ended up in the spotlight after she yelled at the Trump supporter calling him 'racist' and a 'Nazi' before boasting about her attack online earlier this month.

Doesn't say where she was hiding but I'd bet Portlandia.

by Anonymousreply 159April 24, 2019 9:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!