Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

THEATRE GOSSIP #350: "Was Everyone Too Scared To Start A New Thread For Fear Of Being Mocked If Not Witty Enough?" Edition

If there's already a #350, I do humbly apologize but I used the Search and could find nothing...which is rather queer so long after the end of the previous edition.

The end of the last edition wasn't that interesting...it doesn't really lend itself to a witty beginning for Edition #350....alas.

by Anonymousreply 27February 7, 2020 1:15 AM

Hmmmmm.....I did a search for "Theatre Gossip #350" and this didn't even pull up.

Dear Muriel,

Your Search Engine is flaccid.

by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2019 8:56 AM

Yeah, I had trouble finding this. Really, OP, you could have done so much better. Now we have to suffer through 600 posts with this lousiest of all titles.

by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2019 10:22 PM

There is another 350.

by Anonymousreply 3April 4, 2019 12:18 AM

Oh fer chrissakes.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 4, 2019 12:22 AM

The Loon was so keen for everyone to move on to a new thread that he filled up the last dozen posts of the other one with nonsense and didn't bother linking to a new thread. If there is one, it doesn't show up in the search yet, so I propose we continue with #350 here and any Loon thread can wait.

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2019 2:13 PM

If you search by date, this thread does come up, but you have to read the results carefully to find it. If you search "theatre gossip" and check "date", it shows up in the second and third result. But you have to read the whole result to know it's the right thread.

Would it really have been THAT hard to call this #351, OP? Really?

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2019 2:27 PM

OP, you're truly dumber than a box of shit with hair on top.

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2019 2:31 PM

I will make a suggestion, if I might, that works well for those of us who post on soap threads.

Create the next thread when the current one reaches 570 or so. Link to the new thread in a post on the old one.

You eliminate duplicates, plus everyone has a clear indication of where to go next.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2019 2:33 PM

Thank you R8 Is it that hard? After ALL these years? I really hate when y'all do this. And yes Muriel, your search option fucking sucks.

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2019 2:43 PM

Nine posts and I'm already exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2019 3:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2019 3:57 PM

There hasn't been any good theatre gossip on these threads in years.

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2019 4:06 PM

And that would be our fault?

by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2019 4:10 PM

Good theatre leads to good theatre gossip threads.

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2019 4:23 PM

More jokes about THE NAP, please. Those were side-splitting last time.

Almost as fresh and funny as those old Nichols and May routines.

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2019 4:25 PM

So is there a 351 now? If so, can someone please link to it? R8 is absolutely right, certainly now that the search feature is worthless.

by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2019 9:21 PM

There's at least two, maybe three. Here's one.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2019 9:30 PM

Being Alive Jonathan’s gay kiss with inspirational words and Patti’s emotions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2019 9:32 PM

[quote]Would it really have been THAT hard to call this #351, OP? Really?

Um, considering that this thread was started last Wednesday, this OP was clearly making a duplicate thread 350 and not trying to start 351.

I presume it was created because of the newish search issue on DL in which new threads don't show up in the search list for a day or two. Has nothing to do with reading the results carefully. They just don't show up.

[quote]OP, you're truly dumber than a box of shit with hair on top.

^Loon hates it when you try to compete, even though it's not a competition.

by Anonymousreply 19April 9, 2019 1:36 PM

THREAD CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 20April 14, 2019 10:05 PM

You know r20, it was doing a good job of dying on its own until you butted in.

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2019 12:43 PM

Are we going to use this thread? I wish they'd fix search

by Anonymousreply 22April 21, 2019 3:42 PM

Use this one. The other one is already greyed out because its OP is a troll.

by Anonymousreply 23June 11, 2019 7:35 PM

Use the correct numbered one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 11, 2019 7:39 PM

Have we discussed Betsy Struxness' response to the HAMILTON film news? I remember a few people posting here a while back that she was fired from the show for being white--which I didn't really believe (imagine the lawsuit), but after reading her insta post it does seem like she probably didn't leave the show on the best terms. Anyone know what happened?

Honestly, I think Lin has fucked over a lot of people on his way to the top and one day it will all come to light. He's still too much of a golden boy for any criticism of him to really stick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 7, 2020 12:04 AM

Whose memorial service was more memorable, Hal's or Jerry's?

by Anonymousreply 26February 7, 2020 12:09 AM

You're resurrecting a year-old thread?

by Anonymousreply 27February 7, 2020 1:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!