Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elderloungers, please tell me about David Ehrenstein

I met someone recently who it turns out used to frequent Datalounge 15 years ago. He said the most notorious poster then was someone named David Ehrenstein, who had something to do with journalism. Who was he, and why was he so notorious?

by Anonymousreply 20July 18, 2019 7:39 PM

Go back to daddy's, Kirker.

by Anonymousreply 1March 31, 2019 2:54 AM

He had to post on every thread. Relentless. A real bore. He thought he brought insider gossip to the site but really didn’t. Also wrote some book that got him a legal letter from Tammy.

by Anonymousreply 2March 31, 2019 2:54 AM

I haven’t thought of him in years.

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2019 4:21 AM

He was run off by misshelenbedd.

by Anonymousreply 4March 31, 2019 4:39 AM

Why is straight me so stupid?

by Anonymousreply 5March 31, 2019 4:43 AM

Where am I?

by Anonymousreply 6March 31, 2019 4:45 AM

I think y'all can do better.

by Anonymousreply 7July 18, 2019 4:43 PM

He raved about Julia Roberts and how nice she was.

So full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 8July 18, 2019 4:45 PM

I started coming here about 15-ish years ago. I was already a writer, but I became specifically a film writer a few years later, and was a member of two groups David was a member of. Never met him in person but was friendly online, and there wasn't a single. fucking. time. that I spoke with him or saw him that I didn't think the words "straight me."

by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2019 4:47 PM

Oh remember the days when DL had actual gossip and interesting conversations. Now it's overun by fraus and Russian bots. Remember when Marcia Cross had to clarify her sexuality based on a DL thread?

by Anonymousreply 10July 18, 2019 4:47 PM

So we made Marcia cross?

by Anonymousreply 11July 18, 2019 4:49 PM

David had substance abuse and Lena Horne problems.

by Anonymousreply 12July 18, 2019 5:07 PM

I've heard numerous times that Julia Roberts is not only nice, but hysterically funny also. Have also had more than one person tell me that Goop is also very nice in person, but not particularly funny.

by Anonymousreply 13July 18, 2019 5:13 PM

So tiresome. And definitely had an irrational obsession about Lena Horne being straight. Went APESHIT if anyone said differently.

by Anonymousreply 14July 18, 2019 5:14 PM

I remember him and most of what is posted here is true. My biggest impression of him was that he was extremely pretentious and very unpleasant.

When he posted "Why are straight me so stupid?" and it became his #1 association on DL (not his resume, his intelligence or his "wit"), it felt like karma. He was an ass.

by Anonymousreply 15July 18, 2019 6:25 PM

15 replies and NO ONE has mentioned "Barack, the Magic Negro" article?

by Anonymousreply 16July 18, 2019 7:25 PM

He projected homosexuality on to everyone in Hollywood. Every actor is gay and every studio is obligated to privide gay content for us.

by Anonymousreply 17July 18, 2019 7:34 PM

R10 I discovered DL because of Marcia Cross. I don't even remember why or how. I wasn't a Housewives fan. David was such a dull little man.

by Anonymousreply 18July 18, 2019 7:35 PM

I always get this one confused with Leon Talley or whatever her name is.

by Anonymousreply 19July 18, 2019 7:37 PM

He didn't say Stevie Nicks was gay when he interviewed her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 18, 2019 7:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!