Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Coronation Street on ITV Part Three

Ali and Ryan surely must hit the sheets after Michelle leaves Weatherfield.

by Anonymousreply 600March 28, 2020 12:02 AM

Why should Ali and Ryan wait, OP? Let Michelle get a shock when she walks in on them. That would be half the fun.

Wow. Can hardly wait for the big quiz show scandal, the broad bean arc, and Sean's intriguing facial rash development this week. ZZZzzz.

by Anonymousreply 1April 1, 2019 7:11 PM

So I guess the actor who plays Dev is leaving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2019 9:05 PM

Sounds like Dev's only leaving temporarily, unfortunately

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2019 9:16 PM

New family on the scene. It's being referred to as the "football homophobia" storyline.

This article in Metro says James (the son in the white jacket) "hasn't come out to his family" yet. He's the youngest and plays for the Weatherfield County football team.

There's a daughter as well who won't show up right at first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 6, 2019 6:59 AM

I'm quite shocked it's taken Corrie nearly 60 years to introduce a black family! At first I thought that must be a mistake, but then I realised that while there have been quite a few black characters, there's never been a full family.

by Anonymousreply 5April 6, 2019 1:37 PM

That poor woman, Rosamund, that wanted the loan from Gary was breaking my heart. I was praying he wouldn't go through with it. Then, they go and ensnare the developmentally disabled. At this point I'm not sure who is more likely to become suicidal first the Ginger one or Carla.

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2019 2:00 AM

Anyone notice how much meat Gema's brother is packing when he wears owe grey jogger! Yum!

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2019 2:19 AM

At first I thought he was UGLY with that nose of his, but he is growing on me.

by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2019 2:21 AM

I think the only place I've seen a nose like that, it was on some cartoon character? Snuffy Smith??

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2019 5:23 AM

Bymp

by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2019 7:35 AM

I've missed Corrie for these past few weeks and I'm catching up now. I thought it was a bit daft that Billy and Paul won the Mr and Mr(s) competition when they've only been together for about five minutes.

Also, there was a scene where Maria said something about how nobody had ever "put a ring on it". Remember your dead husband Liam, Maria?

by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2019 11:08 AM

When will the gay football storyline start?

by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2019 11:43 AM

R5 there aren’t as many black people in the north of England so it is representative of the area. Plenty of people of Indian and Pakistani origin so Dev having the corner shop is very natural too.

OP, are you related to Ena Sharples or Erna Shiteater?

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2019 11:48 AM

R12 The article above says the family debuts in June. I would guess the football story may not start right away, but since it's highlighted in the article it probably won't be too long after.

by Anonymousreply 14April 18, 2019 12:02 AM

I've just realised that Greg Wood (Rick) is the guy who played a cokehead named Psycho in Brookside's dying days.

by Anonymousreply 15April 18, 2019 4:57 PM

Getting Chesney and Gemma together was a BIG mistake. The writers are seriously overestimating how entertaining most of us find them.

by Anonymousreply 16April 18, 2019 9:36 PM

R16 I can't stand either of them. And Billy is one of the worst vicars in history.

by Anonymousreply 17April 18, 2019 10:51 PM

R17 One of the problems is we don't get to see any members of his actual congregation. When Emily was around, we had a character who could actually give us a glimpse as to how they felt about their vicar, but now we only see him around people, most of whom have never set foot in his church unless they are going to a funeral, wedding, or christening.

by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2019 3:11 AM

Black family, with a gay son coming.....about time!

by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2019 3:17 AM

I love Gemma but honestly the scenes with her screwing up and Chesney bitching her out are getting tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2019 1:53 PM

Do Church of England vicars still hold services on Sundays? I thought it was all social justice now?

by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2019 2:03 PM

What's the current stance of the Church of England on gay clergy having sex (outside of marriage, which they can't have). Wouldn't that be considered some form of fornication for straight people in general? I read an article in Newsweek a couple years ago that seemed to indicate that even gay clergy in the Church who were in committed civil partnerships had to say they weren't having sex. Has this changed?

by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2019 8:15 PM

I generally don't care much for Gemma. A little goes a long way. But occasionally, she does make me laugh, like the other day, when Mary was going on-and-on about seeing her young self in Gemma, and Gemma gave her a very funny look, hilariously asking, "Are you high?"

by Anonymousreply 23April 19, 2019 9:00 PM

I like Gemma because her character has actually changed over the years. Like Kylie changed and became a better person, Gemma is slowly changing into a better person and is far and away much better than she was when she was hanging with Cam and Macca.

by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2019 9:07 PM

I'm enjoying Corrie more than Eastenders at the moment. Which is unusual for me.

by Anonymousreply 25April 20, 2019 12:44 PM

So Carla's living in a squat at the moment? I hope she remembered to take her kidney medication!

Hilariously shite acting from Izzy the other night when she was with Sarah in the cafe. She was meant to come off concerned she and her son might be in danger due to Gary's enemy. Her acting made it seem more like bland puzzlement. She's atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 26April 22, 2019 1:02 PM

I hope Ian McLeod won't stay as producer for much longer. The show has grown so boring. I know the Kate Oates era got a lot of criticism from the press for being too dark, but there were some great moments.

The problem is that it still gets good ratings, because people watch it out of habit. My dad has watched it steadily since he was a child in the 60s, and even though he doesn't enjoy it anymore he still watches it. If the show were losing viewers, ITV might panic and try to revitalise the show. But there's no incentive for them to do so. There's no incentive for them a cut an episode or two, either, even though that would almost certainly improve the quality of the writing and acting. But if six episodes a week provide reliable viewing figures, ITV will stick with them.

by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2019 3:34 PM

One of Iain MacLeod's problems at Emmerdale (for me anyway) was that he gave far too much time to the asinine "comic relief" type characters in the village -- seemingly just to fill up minutes for the two (sometimes three) episodes per week the show really didn't (doesn't) merit. .. The non-stop, now repetitious Gemma Show on Corrie is reminding me why I stopped watching Emmerdale by the time MacLeod exited. Add-in lengthy scenes revolving around growing green beans, blood pressure testing, and dog poo monitoring, etc. and I'm getting the same feeling.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2019 7:42 PM

Yes Gemma is way too overexposed. She's a supporting character at best. And the less we see of Chesney and his very limited range, the better.

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2019 10:35 PM

I think they're setting Ches and Gemma as something like a Cilla and Les. But Chesney is nothing like Les Brown.

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2019 10:54 PM

Is Rick going to put Gary on the stroll?

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2019 11:03 PM

Rick wears too much eye makeup.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2019 11:04 PM

Gemma acts like she's 12, Chesney acts like he's 55, and we're supposed to take them seriously as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2019 11:30 PM

Watching today's Corrie, when Moira was going to break the rules and give Mary a cup of tea, and Toyah grabs it and says that's not allowed and mentions health and safety, it reminded me of a question I have had from years of watching British television, that I'd appreciate any British person answering.

Do you all really live in fear or health and safety? The way it is presented on TV, it would appear that Health and Safety inspectors are everywhere, like some sort of dystopian secret police that is always ready to pounce, especially if you are having fun or helping someone.

by Anonymousreply 34April 27, 2019 1:04 AM

It was Nick, wasn't it?

by Anonymousreply 35April 30, 2019 6:46 PM

R34 no we don't to this degreebut with so many frivolous lawsuits nowadays people are more cautious.

I didn't see the scene but maybe Toyah was rubbing Moira, who is always a stickler for rules?

Giving someone tea is still very common here.

by Anonymousreply 36April 30, 2019 7:37 PM

I still think it'll turn out to be Seb that sabotaged the roof

by Anonymousreply 37April 30, 2019 7:57 PM

Seb looks smelly

by Anonymousreply 38April 30, 2019 8:05 PM

Robert leaving. Kate leaving.

by Anonymousreply 39April 30, 2019 8:21 PM

Good, both boring.

by Anonymousreply 40April 30, 2019 8:55 PM

The health competition between Tim, Dev, and Steve is also pretty boring.

by Anonymousreply 41April 30, 2019 11:02 PM

Kate Connor is leaving the cobble. Yay!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 1, 2019 12:10 AM

With that uncasting, it appears that they're revisiting lesbian couple, Sophie and Paula.

by Anonymousreply 43May 1, 2019 12:17 AM

R37 I dunno. Sounds like Seb is going to get a lot of play in the upcoming human trafficking story and try to play hero.

by Anonymousreply 44May 1, 2019 1:53 AM

R42... Good! Maybe Sofie will get more screen time now as the "chosen" Lesbian

by Anonymousreply 45May 1, 2019 7:03 PM

Another exit. Sinead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 2, 2019 12:46 AM

All these people leaving, but apparently Gemma will be around for a while, they are now bringing in her mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 2, 2019 4:16 AM

I take it they'll kill Sinead off, then. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2019 1:51 PM

When is Adam returning? This show could use a hot guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 2, 2019 6:57 PM

R49 he will be back soon, see the link. It always surprises me that such average looking and average of talent actors leave such a secure job of their own free will. What do they hope to become..a star at The Old Vic?

At least the actors who play the likes of Fiz, Chesney, Dev etc know they have struck gold and they could never get such a sweet gig again.

That being said, I was surprised Alison King wasn't gobbled up by some big show or the Brit film market during her 20 month hiatus. She is very beautiful and easily one of the best soap actresses in memory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 2, 2019 8:59 PM

Still, I want Adam in me, quite deeply and telling me to take it all in the Scots accent.

by Anonymousreply 51May 2, 2019 10:47 PM

Christ, they really are dropping like flies! Lucy Fallon (Bethany) is leaving as well. That's four announcements of exits in four days. Makes you wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 3, 2019 12:32 AM

Maybe budget-wise it's just a 'one-in-one-out' type thing, since we've got the new family coming (up at R4), and there will be five of them (daughter not pictured).

by Anonymousreply 53May 3, 2019 1:09 AM

Who is in the urn? We know it isn't Norris because he has been confirmed as returning. It better NOT be Emily or I am done with this show. She gave too many years to Corrie, to be dispatched like that.

by Anonymousreply 54May 4, 2019 4:25 AM

Gemma’s giving birth to quadruplets? Oh, the hilarity that will ensue!

by Anonymousreply 55May 4, 2019 4:55 AM

So fucking sick of Gemma. And didn't Norris hate Freda? Why would he want to get married anyway, it's not like he is going to ravage her.

by Anonymousreply 56May 4, 2019 9:34 AM

I thought the urn must contain the cat that Norris was holding in the photo

by Anonymousreply 57May 4, 2019 11:07 AM

[quote] Good! Maybe Sofie will get more screen time now as the "chosen" Lesbian.

If she does, it may not last long, R45. I also just learned the actress playing Sophie will be leaving on maternity leave, so maybe the thing with Paula will tie into her exit.

by Anonymousreply 58May 5, 2019 7:22 AM

I think she’ll just go off to Japan to visit Rosie.

by Anonymousreply 59May 5, 2019 2:44 PM

Last night's episodes were mortifying. I'm not denying that Mary has always been a bit panto, but they've essentially turned her into a cartoon character.

by Anonymousreply 60May 7, 2019 7:28 PM

Freda is a cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 7, 2019 9:54 PM

I missed Norris. Can’t stand Freda, though.

by Anonymousreply 62May 7, 2019 10:20 PM

I've only watched Corrie for a decade, though I've watched many clips and storylines from the past on Youtube. However, I had totally missed ever seeing Freda before, has she always been such a bitch? I'm surprised that she and sweet Emily are so close. I know she is disabled but I just could not stand her.

by Anonymousreply 63May 8, 2019 12:22 AM

I vaguely remember Freda's appearances in the mid-2000s, R63. She seemed perfectly inoffensive back then.

by Anonymousreply 64May 8, 2019 12:34 AM

Wasn’t Freda one of Tyrone’s dogs? Speaking of Tyrone the actor who’s playing him is now in a relationship with that very cute black actress who left last year, the one who played Luke’s sister.

by Anonymousreply 65May 8, 2019 12:54 AM

I'm kind of sad that he split up with his wife (the woman who played Katy Harris), R65. They seemed like a sweet couple.

by Anonymousreply 66May 8, 2019 1:08 AM

Yeah, they did. They have a kid together, too. She’s now on Hollyoaks.

by Anonymousreply 67May 8, 2019 1:29 AM

R60. Talking to birds who she claims are her lost lover. Corrie has a lot of crazy people themes . Soaps should only have one crazy person storyline at anyime.

by Anonymousreply 68May 12, 2019 5:42 PM

I wish they would just give Mary a nice normal man to marry, maybe that would calm her down some.

I do still like her more than Gemma, another "comic" character. Though, I will say I like how Rita and Gemma's brother keep giving each other looks like "damn, I love her but this girl is NUTS."

by Anonymousreply 69May 12, 2019 10:33 PM

Carla's acting has been amazing, really realistic and heartbreaking. Glad the writing has been powerful and they've really tried to make the storyline relatable.

I agree about Mary. She can be terrific but the writing for her atm is OTT.

by Anonymousreply 70May 14, 2019 10:23 PM

Alison King is carrying the show right now.

by Anonymousreply 71May 14, 2019 10:49 PM

I’m guessing the evil salon owner Rachel and the Polish builder Jan are a couple and are heading up the trafficking ring.

by Anonymousreply 72May 15, 2019 12:03 PM

Will Audrey ever get her money back?!

by Anonymousreply 73May 15, 2019 4:59 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 15, 2019 5:24 PM

Gail will be so disgusted with these granny robbers! To think she ever doubted Lewis!

by Anonymousreply 75May 15, 2019 10:46 PM

A talent scout in a Northern back street pub? Yeah, sure. That bitch better be a con artist.

by Anonymousreply 76May 16, 2019 12:17 AM

Here's the trailer for Britain's Got Talent week. Apparently they're finally going to reveal the culprit behind the roof collapse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 19, 2019 5:02 PM

Thank God Kirky is gone for a few’months.

by Anonymousreply 78May 22, 2019 12:36 AM

I can't stand that snivelling Nick. Glad Roy is back.

by Anonymousreply 79May 22, 2019 10:30 PM

It comes out next week that Nick stole Audrey's money. And we'll find out who did the sabotage on the factory roof. And....Gary may die.

by Anonymousreply 80May 23, 2019 4:50 PM

God, tonight’s episode was AWFUL.

by Anonymousreply 81May 27, 2019 11:35 PM

I wasn't expect Lorraine Kelly, to actually show up in the episode.

by Anonymousreply 82May 28, 2019 3:40 AM

"You daft wee woman!"

I liked the episode and Gail was hilarious. I like when she's a bit giddy.

Why wouldn't they insist Carla swallow her medication in front of them? That's standard practice for any home intervention team..

by Anonymousreply 83May 28, 2019 4:37 AM

I guess I'm in the minority but I'm hating the Carla going crazy story line.

by Anonymousreply 84May 28, 2019 2:36 PM

I think Alison King is acting it well but the writing for the storyline leaves a lot to be desired.

by Anonymousreply 85May 28, 2019 3:06 PM

How would you have done the storyline differently?

by Anonymousreply 86May 28, 2019 7:26 PM

I would have made it happen way more gradually and I would have come up with a more focused reason for it other than being blamed for the roof collapse

by Anonymousreply 87May 28, 2019 7:45 PM

I think Alison King made a great point that this has been building up on Carla for years, all the trauma she's endured (rape, alcoholism, Aidan's suicide, factory siege, losing her baby etc) and not properly dealing with any of it. The roof collapse and isolation was the trigger.

It's very true that psychosis can be triggered by a trauma but can often be building for years. If you noticed Carla hasn't been herself really for months (workaholism, isolating herself) so it isn't too sudden.

by Anonymousreply 88May 28, 2019 8:22 PM

Good points, R88. I don’t know, it did seem to come on too suddenly for me, though.

by Anonymousreply 89May 28, 2019 8:50 PM

Why the hell, would Gary call Sarah, rather than 999? Or did he also call them since the Police showed up in the nick of time?

by Anonymousreply 90May 29, 2019 11:23 PM

The factory roof collapse....who cares at this stage. The steam has really gone out of that story.

by Anonymousreply 91May 29, 2019 11:28 PM

It was Gary! Or Robert!

Sue Nicholls and Helen Worth were both terrific tonight as Audrey and Gail, I just wish their scenes together were longer and more poignant.

by Anonymousreply 92May 30, 2019 12:51 AM

where are Billy & Paul? they haven't been on in a while and i really liked the pairing

by Anonymousreply 93May 30, 2019 1:00 AM

Billy is a twat

by Anonymousreply 94May 30, 2019 5:29 AM

I despise "Billy-the-Vicar", with his fags-and-whiskey-soaked growl. Perhaps his unlikely persona represents the artificial niceness of many CoE vicars, but it comes across as bad acting to me.

by Anonymousreply 95May 30, 2019 6:00 AM

R95 I agree. He's a fucking awful Vicar who does nothing but damage to the image. And he isn't at all attractive.

by Anonymousreply 96May 30, 2019 6:04 AM

His face is the very model of a ventriloquist’s dummy.

by Anonymousreply 97May 30, 2019 2:43 PM

R96 Exactly, I have no problem with an openly gay vicar but, Billy is a shit vicar regardless of his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 98May 30, 2019 3:23 PM

I hate when he becomes superior and holier than thou, talking about "my flock". Fuck off Billy, your flock are much better people than you!

by Anonymousreply 99May 30, 2019 5:14 PM

Questions:

Wasn't Norris given Emily's house on condition she can live there til she dies?

What will happen to all her belongings when it's sold?

by Anonymousreply 100May 30, 2019 5:16 PM

R100 I guess we have to accept that Emily is now living permanently in Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 101May 30, 2019 6:38 PM

Emily’s still in Peru, isn’t she?

by Anonymousreply 102May 31, 2019 1:18 AM

R102 No, she came back to take care of Fredia when she broke her leg, and then just stayed up there with Fredia and then Norris. Honestly, I wish they could just the actress to come back for a week's worth of episodes and give Emily a proper sign off. Next, to Ken she is the longest serving actor/character in the history of the show. I don't count Dennis Tanner, since he took a 43 year break. Emily deserves a proper ending.

She often gets overlooked, because she wasn't larger than life like, Elsie, Rita, Bet, etc..., but I went back and watched the episodes when her husband was killed, and when Richard tried to murder her. And, it is clear she is one of the best actors the show has ever had.

by Anonymousreply 103May 31, 2019 1:28 AM

I agree R103 to just giving her a send off. It. Won't be the same once they dismantle her living room, it's some of the unchanged set for so long now

by Anonymousreply 104May 31, 2019 5:56 AM

The guy who plays Alex (the one with Downs Syndrome) tweeted about how awful the acting on Eastenders is and no wonder they don’t win awards. The tweet was abruptly deleted. Heh heh.

by Anonymousreply 105May 31, 2019 7:28 PM

So it was Gary all along.

by Anonymousreply 106May 31, 2019 11:05 PM

That little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 107May 31, 2019 11:12 PM

If Alison King doesn't win some awards, they are rigged.

by Anonymousreply 108June 1, 2019 2:00 AM

The guy who plays Peter was really bad, though. Dude just can’t act.

by Anonymousreply 109June 1, 2019 2:02 AM

R109 He has never been great, though it wasn't the worst that I've seen him.

by Anonymousreply 110June 1, 2019 2:10 AM

Alison King was outstanding last night! It's a shame voting for best actress at the British Soap Awards has closed as her performance over this storyline has been one of the best ever in soap, and also British TV. I actually support calls for her to get a Bafta tv nomination.

I expected the episode to be a little more surreal but actually they probably got it just right. I was hoping for Hayley and Aidan cameos but actually it may have been too distracting.

I could see how it would be Gary, he was the "Too obvious, surely?" suspect. I like the reveal using the voicemail too.

Corrie at its best.

by Anonymousreply 111June 1, 2019 10:16 AM

R103, I think Eileen Derbyshire left the way she did because she didn't want a proper send-off. She's well-known for valuing her privacy, and doesn't attend award ceremonies or do interviews. She knew that her departure would be a big news story, as Emily is one of the longest-running soap characters in the world. I think she told the producers that she wanted to leave as quietly as possible, and they agreed that the official story would be that she was taking a six-month break. "Emily Bishop Leaves Corrie After 55 Years" is a big story, but "Emily Bishop Isn't Coming Back to Corrie" isn't.

by Anonymousreply 112June 1, 2019 3:55 PM

Even though I've found this week disappointing on the whole, I thought last night's episode made up for it. I agree about overlooking Gary as a suspect because he seemed too obvious.

by Anonymousreply 113June 1, 2019 4:02 PM

R112 is absolutely correct about Eileen Derbyshire. And I think the same is true about June Brown. I think she made her final exit on EastEnders in February but wanted it to be low-key. Which it was.

by Anonymousreply 114June 1, 2019 6:34 PM

Has Dev been fired? That actor is dreadful - makes Chesney, Fiz, Izzy and Sean look like they're played by a group of RADA alumni..

by Anonymousreply 115June 1, 2019 6:37 PM

Emily/Eileen with Martin Hett's partner. Martin was a Corrie superfan murdered in Manchester Arena attack. Lovely photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 1, 2019 6:40 PM

Emily was a fool to give Norris her house. Now he's sold it she won't have a pot to piss in.

by Anonymousreply 117June 1, 2019 6:48 PM

The delighful young lady who plays Emma (not Gemma) won Best Newcomer at the Soap Awards.

by Anonymousreply 118June 1, 2019 7:49 PM

^^^If they can't give her a decent guy at least she can get an award.

by Anonymousreply 119June 1, 2019 9:21 PM

Nice bum...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 1, 2019 9:22 PM

I think Emma will end up with the older black son in the new family moving to Weatherfield this month.

by Anonymousreply 121June 1, 2019 10:17 PM

^^^The gay one?!?

by Anonymousreply 122June 1, 2019 11:21 PM

No, the gay one is the younger son.

by Anonymousreply 123June 1, 2019 11:31 PM

Emma is sweet. Give her a nice storyline.

by Anonymousreply 124June 2, 2019 12:54 AM

I can see that about Emily, but I really would like a true send off, she is a legend. I hope that when the actress passes away, the show will remember her correctly, regardless of how much time has passed since she was on. I've always been drawn to the character, mainly because the actress and my grandmother favor, so much.

by Anonymousreply 125June 2, 2019 12:56 AM

Maybe Billy will lead a memorial service, making it all about himself. After all, Emily was exactly half of his "flock".

by Anonymousreply 126June 2, 2019 4:40 AM

So in addition to Emma's win Coronation St won best storyline plus best single spisode for Aidan's suicide impact and single scene for Gail's monologue following Aidan's suicide (linked).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 2, 2019 4:45 AM

R127 YES!!! I loved Gail's monologue.

by Anonymousreply 128June 2, 2019 4:50 AM

Also, Sue Nicholls was given the Outstanding Achievement award.

by Anonymousreply 129June 2, 2019 4:54 AM

I thought Schofield was going to have to shove Sue Nicholls off the stage! She would not stop talking. She seems sweet, though.

by Anonymousreply 130June 2, 2019 11:06 AM

So.... will the gay football storyline start this month? Does anyone have spoilers?

by Anonymousreply 131June 2, 2019 11:08 AM

Corrie is just awful. A horse in the backyard for God's sake?

by Anonymousreply 132June 2, 2019 1:43 PM

R132, in the pilot episode of Harry Hill's TV Burp back in 2001, Harry brought a horse to Coronation Street as a gift for Les Battersby to cheer him up after Janice left him. So, yes. Corrie has officially become a parody of itself.

by Anonymousreply 133June 2, 2019 5:09 PM

Loved Gail's monologue too, really well written.

by Anonymousreply 134June 2, 2019 8:28 PM

Yes - as weak as Corrie has been since McLeod took over, it deserved the awards it won last night.

by Anonymousreply 135June 2, 2019 8:30 PM

When did the cut off period for nominations end? Shocked Alison King did not naked the top 5 Best Actress category..

by Anonymousreply 136June 2, 2019 8:34 PM

Damnit Nick, I knew you had become scummy, but trying to use David's rape as an excuse/sympathy for stealing your grandmother's money, while setting David up to take the fall, that is just fucking COLD.

by Anonymousreply 137June 4, 2019 4:19 AM

I think everyone in that room -- Paula, the police -- knew Nick was telling lie after lie after lie, r137.

by Anonymousreply 138June 4, 2019 10:17 AM

I hate the Carla story line simply because she hid the truth about the factory, was running around trying to do secret side deals to save her ass and ignored the fact that she put employees at risk and was complicit in Rana's death.

But now everyone is walking on eggshells around her, Roy has left his own home, Peter left rehab and Wayne is not being ghosted by Roy.

All to keep precious Carla safe and happy.

Fuck the bitch. Haul her out of Roy's and send her to jail where she belongs.

by Anonymousreply 139June 4, 2019 12:41 PM

R138 Yes, I think they didn't buy it. In fact the female cop's face, when he brought up David's rape, looked like she was disgusted with him.

by Anonymousreply 140June 4, 2019 4:43 PM

R140, at first there was a look of alarm on her face but moments later it was clear she wasn’t buying what he was selling.

by Anonymousreply 141June 4, 2019 5:28 PM

Sean discussing the Broons and Oor Wullie... they are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

by Anonymousreply 142June 5, 2019 7:03 PM

Looks like we are going to be lumbered with yet another tragic pregnancy story-Gemma, expecting quins!

by Anonymousreply 143June 5, 2019 11:16 PM

Quads, r143. I think she'll carry them to term. Gemma, our Chesney, Joseph, and four infants in that house. Hilarity ensues.

by Anonymousreply 144June 6, 2019 1:58 PM

Nice to see Adam back. Pity the actor was never cast in some indie drama where he got to show off his assets..

by Anonymousreply 145June 6, 2019 2:56 PM

Or presenting his hole.

by Anonymousreply 146June 6, 2019 3:25 PM

I hate it when soaps completely change the personality of a character. For instance, Nick has been a very nice guy in the past but now he's a soul-less villain, a sociopath. Nick is very pretty and I like him when he puts his sweet face on. And don't mess with my David!

by Anonymousreply 147June 7, 2019 7:50 AM

Nick had that head injury. That changed him.

by Anonymousreply 148June 7, 2019 9:47 PM

The new gay footballer appeared on an episode here in Canada. He's quite lovely!

by Anonymousreply 149June 7, 2019 9:53 PM

I think the rest of the family finally show up next week on ITV.

by Anonymousreply 150June 7, 2019 10:36 PM

Yeah, they show up next Wednesday when they move into No. 3 and start a renovation project.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 7, 2019 11:18 PM

Jack Shepherd (David) posted in an Instagram discussion on the miniseries Chernobyl-”They’re all English. Bit weird.” I wonder if he was being genuine or just a smartass like his character.

by Anonymousreply 152June 8, 2019 1:11 AM

How could Dev bring Asda and Aldi to India. It’s 123 degrees!

by Anonymousreply 153June 8, 2019 1:51 AM

Norris is extremely annoying, at times, but it is still sad to see him leave the cobbles.

by Anonymousreply 154June 8, 2019 6:00 PM

Norris had some good innings, it was time for him to move on.

by Anonymousreply 155June 9, 2019 9:09 PM

Norris isn't nearly as annoying as pregnant Gemma and Chesney. .. Dear gawd, .. this is going to last another six months?

by Anonymousreply 156June 9, 2019 9:14 PM

SHUT UP, R156 -- Don't you go given' Gemma no evils!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 9, 2019 9:29 PM

I can't stand them, they are awful actors. I don't like many of the younger characters though.

by Anonymousreply 158June 9, 2019 9:33 PM

So I’m guessing the quads will be born on Christmas Day and will be named Dasher, Doner (as in kebab), Comet and Vixen?

by Anonymousreply 159June 10, 2019 2:28 AM

Tracy: David, what's the name of that rough bird that used to work at your gaff?

David: Gail.

by Anonymousreply 160June 10, 2019 8:12 PM

I hope both Leeann and Nick get sent down and lodged at HM pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 161June 10, 2019 11:50 PM

Why Leeann? What has she done?

by Anonymousreply 162June 11, 2019 2:01 AM

Witness tampering for one, r162.

by Anonymousreply 163June 11, 2019 10:15 AM

Leanne does my head in. I hate that bitchy, snooty look she gets on her face when she's arguing with someone. She's always acting holier than thou. Isn't she an ex prostitute?

by Anonymousreply 164June 11, 2019 10:30 AM

Somethin’ WRONG with HOOKIN’?

by Anonymousreply 165June 11, 2019 7:46 PM

And she convinced Jack's son to burn down her restaurant to collect the insurance R164.

by Anonymousreply 166June 11, 2019 9:16 PM

R166 oh yes, forgot about that. Yet she acts like bloody Mother Teresa!

by Anonymousreply 167June 12, 2019 5:51 AM

Plus she's stolen how many husbands? Bradley Walsh character, Steve to name just 2. On her Wikipedia article it list some of her formet jobs: "Drug Dealer, Prostitute, Stripper".

by Anonymousreply 168June 12, 2019 5:53 PM

The Baileys are here!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 169June 12, 2019 9:16 PM

Does Ed Bailey, remind anyone of Lloyd? It isn't about his race, just his general look and demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 170June 13, 2019 2:12 AM

FINALLY we have the new family arriving. Can't wait for the gay storyline. With Ryan leaving Emmerdale at least we have active gay storylines on Corrie and EastEnders. And you never know, Aaron might get a new man.

by Anonymousreply 171June 13, 2019 8:31 AM

That older Bailey son seems to be developmentally challenged. Just awful. The father’s voice is awful. The younger son is cute but can’t act. I only like the mother. She’s very good. Her Northern accent is getting a lot of criticism, though. It’s apparently inauthentic sounding. The actress is from Birmingham.

by Anonymousreply 172June 13, 2019 1:27 PM

R171 With the addition of the new Dr. Levi Rochester character, there are six gay-bi men in Hollyoaks village.

by Anonymousreply 173June 13, 2019 9:37 PM

Take your Hollyoaks and Eastenders tat out of here!`

by Anonymousreply 174June 13, 2019 11:13 PM

Sean was particularly unbearable on Wednesday’s episodes. I wonder if Mr. Bailey will accuse him of “indoctrinating” the younger son?

by Anonymousreply 175June 14, 2019 12:18 AM

Being around unbearable Sean very long might turn a gay guy straight.

by Anonymousreply 176June 14, 2019 5:08 AM

I totally forgot Sean was still employed by this show. I think I just tune him out.

by Anonymousreply 177June 14, 2019 7:03 AM

As much as I hate the Carla's insane story line, the episode where she leaves the cafe was an incredible episode. The filming looked incredible and the acting was superb.

by Anonymousreply 178June 14, 2019 9:41 PM

I quite like the Baileys so far. I agree that the mother's Mancunian accent is a bit off, though.

by Anonymousreply 179June 15, 2019 12:01 AM

Doesn’t she seem to have a bit of Caribbean in her accent?

by Anonymousreply 180June 15, 2019 1:44 AM

R179 We don't know much about her yet, maybe she isn't from Manchester.

by Anonymousreply 181June 15, 2019 2:09 AM

This is one hell of a strange headline:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182June 17, 2019 11:01 PM

I'm a bit disappointed Gary killed Rick, as he was a good villain. But then, Phelan seemed like a good villain at first, and look how farcical that storyline eventually became.

by Anonymousreply 183June 19, 2019 11:47 PM

Rick was a piss-poor villain, I’d fast-forward through all the scenes with him and his fat sidekick.

by Anonymousreply 184June 20, 2019 12:41 AM

Is Gary going to piss off to his mum’s?

by Anonymousreply 185June 22, 2019 9:23 PM

Adam is still hot, but his new hairstyle is putting me off.

by Anonymousreply 186June 26, 2019 10:53 PM

Is the new family improving in the thespian sense?

by Anonymousreply 187June 26, 2019 11:39 PM

This show desperately needs a major overhaul. The Geoff/Yasmeen storyline alone is awful.

by Anonymousreply 188July 1, 2019 12:49 AM

The gay son's tits are improving my libido R187!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189July 1, 2019 2:46 PM

What's in yer pocket, son?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190July 1, 2019 2:47 PM

I think he’ll end up in a secret affair with Tommy Orpington. I hope Steve, Tim and Kevin catch them in bed together.

by Anonymousreply 191July 1, 2019 2:56 PM

Fuck Nick. Fuck him right in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 192July 4, 2019 8:23 PM

Gail goes missing next week, poor lamb.

Sean actually had one gunning line, wguch is amazing. When asked how he knew Carla didn't sabotage the factory roof herself he replied "Because you can't get up scaffolding in high heels!"

by Anonymousreply 193July 4, 2019 8:37 PM

R193 I caught that, I was like damn, they finally gave Sean a good bitchy line.

Poor Gail. I can't believe I used to like Nick, this return has ruined his character.

by Anonymousreply 194July 4, 2019 9:08 PM

Why does Sean have such a problem with Paul?

by Anonymousreply 195July 5, 2019 9:47 PM

R195 They are like two hissing cats marking their territory. The problem is that the person they rotate around is Vicar Billy, who is completely unappealing.

by Anonymousreply 196July 5, 2019 9:50 PM

Billy the Vicar is a top twat. Can't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 197July 6, 2019 10:06 AM

I want Paul in me, quite deeply. Followed by Adam Barlow in me, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 198July 6, 2019 12:50 PM

Paul, Adam, Imran, Ali, Ryan standing in a line with their cocks out. Suck them one by one.

by Anonymousreply 199July 6, 2019 2:00 PM

With my luck the line up would be Ken, Brian, Geoff and Norris.

by Anonymousreply 200July 6, 2019 2:58 PM

R200 hahaha! Steve, David, Nick and Gary are the middle ground between the hotties and the geriatrics

by Anonymousreply 201July 6, 2019 3:00 PM

[quote]Paul, Adam, Imran, Ali, Ryan standing in a line with their cocks out. Suck them one by one.

Add in the Bailey brothers and my jaw would be sore for a month.

by Anonymousreply 202July 6, 2019 3:06 PM

They don't look attractive from the promo photos but I haven't seen them on-screen

by Anonymousreply 203July 6, 2019 3:09 PM

^^^See R189 and R190 of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 204July 6, 2019 3:11 PM

I haaace seen those pics, he isn't hot. Maybe he looks better on-screen. I haven't watched Corrie since the special Carla episode so I need to catch up!

by Anonymousreply 205July 6, 2019 3:15 PM

[quote]he isn't hot

Bitch, shut up.

by Anonymousreply 206July 6, 2019 3:18 PM

How does no. 3 look now? Sad that Emily had such a non-exit after 55 years.

by Anonymousreply 207July 6, 2019 3:54 PM

R207 I think they are still renovating. They haven't shown it this week, but the skiff was still parked outside when Audrey had her heart scare.

by Anonymousreply 208July 6, 2019 4:08 PM

They should knock it through into one large reception room, like no. 5 and 7, it would film much better.

by Anonymousreply 209July 6, 2019 4:12 PM

[quote]Paul, Adam, Imran, Ali, Ryan standing in a line with their cocks out. Suck them one by one.

Oi! What about me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210July 6, 2019 5:13 PM

Ewww. Seb isn’t hot.

by Anonymousreply 211July 6, 2019 5:19 PM

R211 he is ok, but only from the neck down

by Anonymousreply 212July 6, 2019 5:24 PM

Harry Visinoni cleans up well enough. Here he is getting some off Mikey North (Gary).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 6, 2019 5:33 PM

Still doesn’t do it for me, but Gary could get it anytime!

by Anonymousreply 214July 6, 2019 5:37 PM

Seb has a hairy arse

by Anonymousreply 215July 9, 2019 9:11 AM

^so does Eileen

by Anonymousreply 216July 9, 2019 9:42 AM

Gail is going to Thailand to search for a chin.

by Anonymousreply 217July 9, 2019 9:52 AM

I'm I the only one or does it really appear that Tracy is finally growing up a bit?

by Anonymousreply 218July 11, 2019 2:05 AM

It's always two steps forward, one step back with our Tracy.

by Anonymousreply 219July 11, 2019 10:21 AM

Watching Tracy have a go at Evelyn in the Rovers was priceless.

by Anonymousreply 220July 11, 2019 11:49 AM

David sent down for four months. Nick gets off with a slap on the wrists.

by Anonymousreply 221July 13, 2019 2:09 AM

But “little girl” Sarah gave Nick the shaft and that was very satisfying.

So how is Sinead being written out if her cancer is in remission? She’ll take a job outside of Weatherfield?

by Anonymousreply 222July 13, 2019 5:06 AM

Where are all these actors who are deciding to leave going to? For every Suranne Jones or Sarah Lancashire's there's a dozen Tracy Shaws.

by Anonymousreply 223July 13, 2019 7:32 AM

Interesting spoiler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224July 13, 2019 10:45 AM

I don't care if Maria's date is a mama's boy, he is well fit!!!

by Anonymousreply 225July 18, 2019 2:34 AM

When Audrey got nailed in the back of the head with Gail's valuable Lady, I nearly pissed myself laughing.

by Anonymousreply 226July 18, 2019 12:39 PM

R226, are you watching at Canadian pace? Be gone!

by Anonymousreply 227July 19, 2019 4:38 AM

Hey R227, it's all I've got, so bog off!

by Anonymousreply 228July 19, 2019 9:43 PM

But, dude, take a look at the subject heading. We’re discussing at ITV pace.

by Anonymousreply 229July 19, 2019 10:36 PM

You're not the boss of Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 230July 19, 2019 11:22 PM

Beth, this week, has been a perfect example of why some poor people, remain poor. She is more concerned with having a holiday, than owning part of a company.

by Anonymousreply 231July 20, 2019 3:05 AM

Beth has been unbearable more than usual this week. I just hope this means we won’t see her back in the factory ever again. I wonder if her money from her share of the business will end up going to Sinead when she ends up leaving Weatherfield.

by Anonymousreply 232July 20, 2019 3:49 AM

I thought Sinead was going to die?

by Anonymousreply 233July 20, 2019 9:10 AM

Maria's date with the dog collar was funny, rather saucy for 7.30pm

by Anonymousreply 234July 20, 2019 12:14 PM

R233, Sinead’s cancer is in remission. I think she’s just leaving Weatherfield.

by Anonymousreply 235July 20, 2019 1:13 PM

Gemma's mum makes Beth look like the Queen. I'd say she looks like something the cat dragged in, but cats have better taste than that.

by Anonymousreply 236July 25, 2019 1:03 AM

Is Gail still missing?

by Anonymousreply 237July 25, 2019 8:23 AM

No. Gail is in Thailand having chin replacement surgery.

by Anonymousreply 238July 25, 2019 10:40 AM

Is anyone uploading James' storyline? Corrie is the most boring show ever. I can't be bother to watch a full episode.

by Anonymousreply 239July 25, 2019 10:55 AM

Kirk’s bum rash storyline last night was insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 240July 25, 2019 1:44 PM

Robert gets caught out. Tracy delivers more one liners. Will Kate ever leave the fucking street and spare us her bad acting?

by Anonymousreply 241July 31, 2019 7:07 PM

Michelle, Robert, Gemma, Chesney and Kate need to all do one.

by Anonymousreply 242July 31, 2019 8:14 PM

Michelle actually isn't that bad, they just haven't given her a good story since Rory's death, so it isn't surprising she is leaving. Robert is just mah, I never understood why Michelle or Tracy, would want such a boring man. He looks better than Steve, but at least Steve is interesting. Gemma and Chesney, are ok in small doses, they carry on the Corrie tradition of the comic relief couple, like Stan and Hilda and Jack and Vera. With the unique change that Chesney is the more responsible one, instead of Gemma, who is more like Stan and Jack. Kate, however, is horrible. Raina was great, but Kate is a horrible actor.

by Anonymousreply 243July 31, 2019 10:24 PM

I gather the one who plays Kate wasn’t well liked by the cast, either.

by Anonymousreply 244August 2, 2019 12:18 PM

Where did you hear that, R244?

by Anonymousreply 245August 3, 2019 4:48 PM

Is anyone posting James' storyline? I know a guy who used to do it but he hasn't uploaded anything Corrie related in forever.

by Anonymousreply 246August 3, 2019 9:20 PM

R244, I forget where I read it. It must have been around the time Rana died, Faye Brookes (Kate) was apparently doing embarrassing self promotion basically saying her acting was superb. And it sure wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 247August 3, 2019 9:43 PM

Ryan stole from Gary.

Seb got his head stove in.

Jan lied to Eileen.

Iman is going to pull a quick on on Claudia.

by Anonymousreply 248August 6, 2019 12:53 AM

Ena Sharples, sans hairnet and glass of Milk Stout

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249August 6, 2019 12:57 AM

Tonight’s episodes were boring as hell. I think I like Seb’s mother with Kevin, though. Sally won’t like it.

by Anonymousreply 250August 6, 2019 4:09 AM

Nah, r250. Kevin's going to learn about Abi's blogging his antics and fire her.

by Anonymousreply 251August 6, 2019 10:46 AM

Next week on Corrie. I just find it so hard to believe that the plonker Steve MacDonald has spewed his seed far and wide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252August 6, 2019 9:30 PM

R251. Kevin and Abi will apparently be coupling in the fall.

by Anonymousreply 253August 7, 2019 2:56 AM

Dev is returning to Weatherfield with Asda but is leaving Aldi behind in India. Good. That kid who plays him is fug and a rubbish actor Maybe they’ll bring in somebody less fug and less of a rubbish actor to play Aldi.

by Anonymousreply 254August 10, 2019 12:51 AM

They should just axe Kevin. He's deadwood. Sally's shown she can be an interesting character in her own right, but Kevin hasn't.

by Anonymousreply 255August 10, 2019 4:34 PM

I totally agree R255, I thought he should have gone years ago and he's never been compelling to watch. They had the good sense to axe Martin when he was no longer needed in the Platt story.

by Anonymousreply 256August 10, 2019 5:38 PM

Kevin was gone for quite a while at one point-wasn’t it for a few years? He’s fine in small doses. It looks like they’re killing off his father Bill since the actor who played him died.

by Anonymousreply 257August 11, 2019 12:54 AM

The fan who came up with the theory that Emma is Fiona Middleton's daughter must be annoyed that the producers stole it.

by Anonymousreply 258August 14, 2019 8:11 PM

Wait, what? Didn't they say Emma was not Fiona's daughter? Who the fuck is running that show?

by Anonymousreply 259August 14, 2019 9:03 PM

^ Yes, I think someone (maybe the actress who plays Emma, I can't remember) said that she wasn't Fiona's daughter a few months ago. Clearly, they've run out of ideas and changed their minds.

by Anonymousreply 260August 14, 2019 10:00 PM

Oh God, Geoff is unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 261August 20, 2019 5:49 PM

He seemed like such a fun character, now I wish he would die, painfully.

by Anonymousreply 262August 20, 2019 6:01 PM

I really hope this Geoff story line isn't going to last too long, it just makes me too angry.

by Anonymousreply 263August 22, 2019 1:54 AM

We fast forward through the Geoff stuff.

by Anonymousreply 264August 22, 2019 8:57 PM

The actress playing Yas said its going to be a slow build of up to a year!

by Anonymousreply 265August 23, 2019 4:01 PM

R265 God, I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 266August 23, 2019 4:04 PM

I hope Geoff is murdered by Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 267August 23, 2019 10:42 PM

Is Fizz just visiting? Will she return to Birmingham with Hope?

Will someone please run over Geoff? And send Dev en famile back to India.

by Anonymousreply 268August 31, 2019 2:11 PM

I think Fiz is back for good, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 269August 31, 2019 2:34 PM

I think Fiz is back for good, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 270August 31, 2019 2:34 PM

Please God this Robert/Vicki/fugly bad guy storyline is over soon.

by Anonymousreply 271August 31, 2019 4:06 PM

I'm not even watching this shit atm.

That ugly little devil Hope goes missing next week, hopefully never to return. Although that would give Fizz more screen time, so let's not. Dull, uninspired storylines focusing on the least compelling or poorly acted characters. Who's in charge of this?!

by Anonymousreply 272August 31, 2019 5:33 PM

It's really awful now. Was it always thus?

by Anonymousreply 273August 31, 2019 5:46 PM

Emmerdale and Coronation Street are both in the worst shape they’ve ever been since I started watching both in 1986. Absolutely dismal.

by Anonymousreply 274August 31, 2019 5:48 PM

Going to six episodes a week was a mistake. It would improve if they cut down.

by Anonymousreply 275August 31, 2019 8:03 PM

All soaps are on way too often.

How realistic is it that Gemma & Chesney (whom writers have mistakenly identified as fan favourites) have 5 kids plus themselves in a 2 bedroom house? They would qualify for a larger council house in another part of the city. Sloppy writing.

by Anonymousreply 276August 31, 2019 8:07 PM

If Daniel cheats on Sinead with Bethany, it'll be totally out-of-character.

by Anonymousreply 277September 5, 2019 8:54 PM

I think that when Sinead gets her prognosis, she may try and see the way Daniel and Bethany act friendly and try and set them up for after she's gone.

by Anonymousreply 278September 5, 2019 8:57 PM

Oh no, R278. Please no. The actress playing Bethany is leaving in a few months so maybe it won’t come to that.

by Anonymousreply 279September 5, 2019 9:52 PM

Tonight was the first time I've felt drawn into Corrie for months. The only thing that felt a bit off to me was the way Sinead had to drag her prognosis out of the doctor - my understanding is that doctors are supposed to give patients bad news as quickly and straightforwardly as possible, so there was a bit of artistic licence there. But other than that, the second episode in particular was very strong.

by Anonymousreply 280September 11, 2019 9:10 PM

R280, yeah it was strange cause Corrie is usually so true to life.

by Anonymousreply 281September 11, 2019 10:58 PM

The actress playing Sinead has finished filming so I guess Sinead will be dead by early December. Merry Christmas, Daniel!

by Anonymousreply 282September 13, 2019 3:10 AM

Kate is finally gone.

by Anonymousreply 283September 14, 2019 12:46 AM

I hope the Sinead actress has no Hollywood aspirations!

Daniel is not sexy at all.

by Anonymousreply 284September 14, 2019 12:10 PM

Does the actress who plays Snead talk like that in real life?

The funniest scene last year was when Tracy imitated her.

by Anonymousreply 285September 14, 2019 4:06 PM

Daniel isn’t sexy but damn, he’s got beautiful hair.

by Anonymousreply 286September 14, 2019 4:11 PM

Really? I find Daniel sexy.

by Anonymousreply 287September 14, 2019 4:21 PM

R285. Yes -- hilarious. That's our Tracy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288September 14, 2019 5:24 PM

I love Tracy! When she was going on her honeymoon to Moracco (the kidney must be homesick) lol

by Anonymousreply 289September 14, 2019 5:28 PM

Josh back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290September 14, 2019 5:40 PM

David is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 291September 14, 2019 5:56 PM

Paul finally gets a story starting next week.

[quote] Viewers of the ITV soap will see Paul's life thrown into further turmoil when he discovers his mother Bernie has reunited with former partner Kel - the man who abused him when Paul was a teenager. "Paul feels pretty conflicted because he didn't realise he was being groomed when he was younger. He felt that he was in a consensual relationship with Kel and as a consequence had very strong feelings for Kel," actor Ash told ITV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292September 14, 2019 6:06 PM

Wait, Josh went to prison? I thought David left him in an alley and drove off.

by Anonymousreply 293September 14, 2019 6:14 PM

R293 He did. .. Articles on this upcoming story indicate that we'll probably learn how and why Josh ended up in prison.

by Anonymousreply 294September 14, 2019 6:42 PM

I need to start watching again.

by Anonymousreply 295September 15, 2019 6:32 AM

It’s still awful but nowhere near as awful as Emmerdale is these days.

by Anonymousreply 296September 15, 2019 2:43 PM

Six months after the gay football story announcement, it looks like we're FINALLY going to get some movement on that front.

When the older brother, Michael, was on James' case about finding a girlfriend, did it seem like Mother Bailey interjected to deflect?

I was thinking someone in the family should already know or at least suspect. I thought it would be the brother, but apparently not. If not the mother, then maybe the sister who's showing up soon.

This would be more interesting, if there was a secret boyfriend on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 297September 19, 2019 10:56 PM

The actress who plays Mother Bailey is TERRIBLE.

by Anonymousreply 298September 20, 2019 1:46 AM

R298 Yeah, I actually think BOTH the parents are pretty bad. Neither boy has really won me over either, but with them the material has been poor, so it's kind of wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 299September 20, 2019 2:17 AM

Tracy: This is the sound track of my youth. I never had it off!

Any: With this music playing I'm not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 300September 20, 2019 12:46 PM

Monday ...

[quote] Michael reveals to James he overheard his conversation with Bethany last night. Reminding James that he loves him, Michael asks outright if he’s gay. James opens up to Michael about his secret gay life with his friends in London. Michael’s shocked to discover that Aggie has known the truth for years, and Aggie declares that, since Michael’s found out, it’s not fair to keep Ed in the dark, but James is reluctant to come out to his dad. Bethany joins the Baileys for the Rovers’ pub quiz and Ed sings her praises, making them all feel awkward for deceiving him.

But that sofa ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301September 22, 2019 1:48 AM

The Baileys have been a fucking disaster for Corrie.

by Anonymousreply 302September 22, 2019 12:35 PM

R302, I think James is okay. It's interesting that they're drawing attention to homophobia in football.

Sinead's storyline is actually the first well-written one I've seen on Corrie in a while, but I don't know how much more of it I can sit through. It's so depressing.

by Anonymousreply 303September 22, 2019 1:32 PM

They need to quit playing the Sinead-Daniel material every episode now. It's a real downer and affects the mood of the entire episode.

by Anonymousreply 304September 22, 2019 8:01 PM

I agree. It’s going to be a relentless slog until she croaks in early December.

by Anonymousreply 305September 22, 2019 9:11 PM

You got your wish with tonight's episodes, R304!

Cannot take Gary seriously as a villain. He makes me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 306September 23, 2019 10:23 PM

R306 Ryan needs to offer Gary his ass in exchange for his debt, I'd pay money to watch that.

by Anonymousreply 307September 23, 2019 10:29 PM

I think Gary’s more likely to be the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 308September 23, 2019 10:33 PM

Gary's pretty dumb not to have his own enforcer on hand to do the dirty work. It would have been funny watching that big gal who used to work for Rick and declined the job kick Ryan's ass.

by Anonymousreply 309September 23, 2019 10:48 PM

David appears to be taking advantage of the spray tans offered in prison.

And after watching James coming out scene, I was thinking they should have Hope spell out "platitudinous" on the Scrabble board.

by Anonymousreply 310September 24, 2019 6:59 PM

Remember I'm gay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311September 24, 2019 7:59 PM

Remember when Kate Oates kept being criticised for making Corrie too dark? And now we have Sinead's slow demise and Paul's childhood abuse to cheer us up...

by Anonymousreply 312September 30, 2019 7:43 PM

The actor who plays "Paul" is average at best in general scenes, but is just plain awful in these "emotional" ones. And the guy who plays "Kel" isn't very good either, and certainly doesn't real "charismatic." Meanwhile, Billy the Paedo-Hunter popping up and running all over the street to insert himself in these scenes is almost funny.

by Anonymousreply 313September 30, 2019 8:39 PM

The whole storyline feels rushed to me, R313

by Anonymousreply 314September 30, 2019 8:58 PM

The guy playing Paul is terrible. And his nose is so fucking ugly.

by Anonymousreply 315September 30, 2019 9:33 PM

I think the guy who plays Kel is sexy

by Anonymousreply 316October 1, 2019 1:35 AM

R316 You need to get out more.

by Anonymousreply 317October 1, 2019 1:42 AM

There are reports that next week, during Ken's 80th birthday party, we will actually get an appearance from Emily(Eileen Derbyshire). Emily will contact Ken via Skype, to wish him a Happy Birthday. I hope she will like this set up so that she can at least appear occasionally. Next to Ken, she is the only real connection to the early days of the street. If she could just do such things a few times a year I would be happy. She could skype for Christmas, or they could just show her occasionally skyping with Rita. I've always loved Emily, and I understand the actress wanting retirement, so this seems like a great way to include her. Plus, I'm sure she doesn't mind a little extra money every now and then.

by Anonymousreply 318October 3, 2019 2:42 AM

I want the Bailey brothers to spit roast me.

by Anonymousreply 319October 3, 2019 12:47 PM

It's nice that Emily is making a brief reappearance, R318, I thought we'd seen the last of her.

by Anonymousreply 320October 3, 2019 2:31 PM

R319 You see James as a versatile bottom, then?

by Anonymousreply 321October 3, 2019 7:40 PM

Quite, R321.

by Anonymousreply 322October 3, 2019 9:03 PM

Me, too.

by Anonymousreply 323October 6, 2019 6:54 PM

Another weepy Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 324October 9, 2019 9:48 PM

They finally air a couple of strong episodes, and now there's no more Corrie for a week thanks to football. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 325October 9, 2019 11:43 PM

I couldn't help thinking that giving scissors to a load of prisoners is a bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 326October 18, 2019 8:07 PM

Last week for Sinead. Friday's the day.

by Anonymousreply 327October 22, 2019 10:08 AM

The David/Josh scenes in last night's episode were great. I didn't like the filmic effect of the cameras, though. I hope it's not permanent.

by Anonymousreply 328October 22, 2019 3:40 PM

^^^Did they fuck?

by Anonymousreply 329October 22, 2019 5:17 PM

That would have been a tad inappropriate, R329.

by Anonymousreply 330October 22, 2019 5:26 PM

I know Sinead is dying, so it is a horrible thing to do, but it is a bit rich for Ken "The Cad" Barlow to get high and mighty about Daniel kissing Bethany.

by Anonymousreply 331October 23, 2019 1:19 AM

The Daniel/Bethany storyline is completely unnecessary. The writers apparently think that a 25-year-old dying of cancer isn't dramatic enough and needs to be spiced up a bit. They seem to be going with the line of Daniel looking for comfort due to grief, but actually he was already flirting with Bethany before Sinead's cancer returned, so that doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 332October 23, 2019 4:59 PM

Ken is such a cock block. Bethany is a hot piece and Daniel should get in there before some chav moves in on her.

by Anonymousreply 333October 23, 2019 6:14 PM

R333, I don’t think blokes are “chavs,” only birds.

by Anonymousreply 334October 23, 2019 8:10 PM

R334 Actually, a chav can be male or female, and I guess in this day and age any other gender. Sometimes chavette is used for females.

by Anonymousreply 335October 24, 2019 12:49 AM

Well, that was harrowing. Just as well they're not dragging this storyline out until Christmas.

Sinead was rather articulate for someone who must be out of her skull on morphine.

by Anonymousreply 336October 24, 2019 8:40 PM

R336 I am kind of surprised, I was sure she was going to croak on Christmas Day. British soaps tend to give us some major sadness on that day.

by Anonymousreply 337October 25, 2019 4:39 PM

I wouldn't have been able to stand it for another two whole months.

by Anonymousreply 338October 25, 2019 5:44 PM

There's rumours of a death by shooting on Christmas, r337. If I lived on the street, I'd be damned sure to go away for Christmas!

by Anonymousreply 339October 25, 2019 6:55 PM

R339 As long as you don't take a trip to the London east end, Walford has to be the most depressing place in the world on Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 340October 25, 2019 6:57 PM

This story seems to have affected many different characters. I mean look at Tracy, for the first time I truly feel like she is Deirdre's daughter. The way she managed to be caring towards Daniel while also going after Bethany.

by Anonymousreply 341October 26, 2019 1:59 AM

The writers have done a great job with Tracy in the last year or so, R341. She's still a total bitch but she seems human at the same time. She's no longer a panto villain.

Last night's episode was so draining. The girl who played Sinead acted her socks off.

by Anonymousreply 342October 26, 2019 1:52 PM

Speaking of Tracy, apparently she and Paula knock boots.

by Anonymousreply 343October 26, 2019 6:37 PM

^^^Who's the top?

by Anonymousreply 344October 26, 2019 7:20 PM

R344 They are both pretty bossy, so I think it would be a vers situation. Don't forget that our Tracy spent time inside, I doubt this is her first taste of the pink taco. Honestly, with her track record with men, she might be better off if she turned to the ladies.

by Anonymousreply 345October 26, 2019 7:24 PM

tick, tock, tick, tock ... Meanwhile, when will we ever see the our actually-gay rugby player get a visit from one of his London fuck buddies?

by Anonymousreply 346October 26, 2019 7:53 PM

R346 Doesn't he play football, not rugby?

by Anonymousreply 347October 26, 2019 7:57 PM

R347 Yes. Thanks for the correction. Don't know why I wrote that. Brain blip.

On that note, maybe they could have his boyfriend be a rugby player for one of the IGR (International Gay Rugby) teams.

by Anonymousreply 348October 26, 2019 8:46 PM

I suspect we will get some movement on the gay footballer storyline as part of the fallout of the Sinead story. If he doesn't react negatively to Bethany "cheating" on him with Daniel, people will wonder what is going on.

by Anonymousreply 349October 26, 2019 8:52 PM

I thought I couldn't hate Josh, the rapist, anymore than I already did, until today.

by Anonymousreply 350November 1, 2019 12:20 AM

Yummy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351November 1, 2019 10:02 AM

Elaborate R350.

by Anonymousreply 352November 1, 2019 11:33 AM

I wonder if they'll give Josh a backstory to explain why he's so evil.

by Anonymousreply 353November 1, 2019 1:11 PM

R352 SPOILER ALERT.........in yesterday’s episode Josh lied and said David tried to kill him, which means David is facing attempted murder charges.

by Anonymousreply 354November 1, 2019 3:35 PM

Fucking prick!

Here in Canada we've just started seeing the aftermath of the riot with David being questioned and Max showing Shona the video.

I thought to myself, would Josh try to implicate David? and the raping little shit does.

He's a right bastard.

by Anonymousreply 355November 1, 2019 6:50 PM

Does anyone else think that Helen Worth might have gotten some work done, while Gail was off in Thailand? She is looking better than she has in years.

by Anonymousreply 356November 2, 2019 3:12 AM

She doesn't look particularly different to me, R356, although I suppose that may be why she took a break. I remember when Rita left for a few months and then returned with a new face.

by Anonymousreply 357November 2, 2019 11:05 PM

R357 I didn't think she looked drastically different, just smoother and tighter. If she did have work done it was very good. Of course it could just be she got some rest while on vacation.

by Anonymousreply 358November 3, 2019 12:12 AM

Why does David roll-up (cuff) the sleeves on his prison t-shirt? .. Is he trying to show-off his non-muscles?

by Anonymousreply 359November 4, 2019 6:31 PM

Paul's visit to the rapist today, really made me like him.

by Anonymousreply 360November 7, 2019 2:49 AM

Paul met with Josh?

by Anonymousreply 361November 7, 2019 1:41 PM

Josh is horrible, but his describing Billy as "some psychotic Jiminy Cricket" was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 362November 7, 2019 7:46 PM

I didn't think David and Shona would actually get married. I wonder what storyline they'll come up with to facilitate the actress's maternity leave.

by Anonymousreply 363November 7, 2019 8:15 PM

I still don't think much of Paul's acting. He's okay, but Josh must be a real wuss, if Paul frightened him into telling the truth. I didn't find him all that scary. With the close-ups, the scene did showcase Paul's pretty eye color, though. What would one call that? Periwinkle? .. But then, that nose.

by Anonymousreply 364November 8, 2019 6:06 PM

How long is this Geoff story going to take? Because I can't stand seeing Yasmeen treated like this.

by Anonymousreply 365November 9, 2019 2:13 AM

That nose is truly hideous.

by Anonymousreply 366November 9, 2019 9:27 PM

Adam looks hot with his haircut.

by Anonymousreply 367November 19, 2019 5:43 PM

Woof!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368November 19, 2019 6:17 PM

^^^Is he channeling Gary in that pic?

by Anonymousreply 369November 19, 2019 6:22 PM

Are we to assume that Maria the barber is giving Gary and Adam their regulation gay haircuts?

by Anonymousreply 370November 19, 2019 7:26 PM

Beverley Callard, Liz, is leaving next year. :( Though sources are saying ITV is already trying to get her to return after taking a year off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371November 20, 2019 12:28 AM

I hope her fake Aussie daughter kidnaps her and holds her hostage for a year.

by Anonymousreply 372November 20, 2019 1:17 AM

R372 No, only because I never want to see that ugly bitch again.

by Anonymousreply 373November 20, 2019 1:24 AM

I had airbrushed the fake Australian daughter out of my memory, even though it was only a year ago. Most idiotic storyline I've seen in twenty years of watching Corrie.

by Anonymousreply 374November 20, 2019 10:05 PM

So Michael thought "Dan in Stockport" would describe James as "a screaming queen."

I guess that's confirmation that James bottoms.

And yes, Dan's friend was much hotter.

And speaking of tops, can someone tell Adam to shave off the scraggly, frizzy beard? With his head of hair, I'm rather surprised he can't grow a decent one.

by Anonymousreply 375November 25, 2019 2:25 AM

I dislike Michael's baby mama. She has no right to complain about how hard it is to be a single mom and not having support. The father wants to be a part of the child's life, the grandparents want to provide support for the child, she is the one who selfishly chose to go it alone. His mother was right, he needs to go to a solicitor and get everything legal.

by Anonymousreply 376November 26, 2019 2:25 AM

God I hate Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 377November 29, 2019 1:08 PM

R377 well she is leaving, so hang in there.

by Anonymousreply 378November 29, 2019 3:00 PM

It's been hard R378. I keep hoping each episode is her last.

Just watching the scenes between her and Robert and then Vicky and Robert shows what a terrible actress she really is. The actress playing Vicky is really good in her scenes while Michelle is just there, taking up space.

by Anonymousreply 379November 29, 2019 8:45 PM

R379 I loved Michelle during the baby Rory story, she was actually very moving in it. But, during this Robert story it is like, once the actress decided to leave, she stopped even trying.

by Anonymousreply 380November 29, 2019 11:24 PM

Simon Gregson who plays Steve McDonald is one of the luckiest people in the world. He gets hired at age 15 and has just played himself for the past 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 381November 29, 2019 11:31 PM

The little girl who plays Ruby constantly looks off-screen to a parent or guardian to feed her the three lines she has to say in every episode. She's cute but absolutely terrible.

by Anonymousreply 382November 30, 2019 2:12 AM

One of the reasons I hate Michelle is because when she's suppose to cry, she can't, or doesn't. Just just breaths and sobs but no tears.

Watching Vicky realize that Robert was just using her and seeing those tears was a great scene.

Clearly Kym Marsh has never experienced any real pain in her life to be able to draw upon.

And I agree R382 the girl playing isn't great, but she's not nearly as obnoxious as the girl playing Hope. She just mugs for the camera and acts precocious. Her brother, the kid playing Joseph, is at least child like the way kids are that age and that gives his character some charm.

by Anonymousreply 383November 30, 2019 1:19 PM

Is the big white wedding dress with the long veil meant to be comedy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384November 30, 2019 11:10 PM

Michelle's tattoos are so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 385December 1, 2019 1:04 PM

Rather bizarre advert for Corrie at Christmas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386December 4, 2019 5:31 PM

Murder on the street, r386. They've done the tram crash. I think next year a meteor will hit Dev's.

by Anonymousreply 387December 4, 2019 9:30 PM

It sounds like they're spending all their money on set decoration this year, as "Michael Bailey creates a Weatherfield Winter Wonderland attraction."

by Anonymousreply 388December 4, 2019 9:50 PM

Rumor is Amy will be murdered in her Fat Sam costume.

by Anonymousreply 389December 4, 2019 11:47 PM

So is Steve really the only man Michelle has ever actually married?

by Anonymousreply 390December 5, 2019 2:01 AM

^ Yeah, I don't think she was ever married to Ryan's (or rather, Ali's) dad. She and Ryan both had her maiden name.

by Anonymousreply 391December 5, 2019 4:59 PM

She is such a slapper I can’t believe she had the nerve to wear white and have a big church wedding. Also, shouldn’t Billy have had reservations about it? Or is he simply the most lax vicar of all time?

by Anonymousreply 392December 5, 2019 7:33 PM

How many men has Michelle gotten her claws into and then stole everything they had?

by Anonymousreply 393December 5, 2019 10:48 PM

Robert's gonna end up dead.

by Anonymousreply 394December 7, 2019 5:45 PM

Vicky must have staged her house to look like a crime scene.

by Anonymousreply 395December 7, 2019 6:43 PM

R395 I wonder if Vicky and Michelle teamed up. It wouldn't be the first time two scorned women teamed up on a soap to take down a love rat.

by Anonymousreply 396December 8, 2019 12:10 AM

I don’t think that happened, R396. Michelle is already showing regret for what she did do.

by Anonymousreply 397December 9, 2019 6:39 PM

R397 So what do you think now? I love being right, lol.

by Anonymousreply 398December 17, 2019 12:49 AM

I figured that was the set-up as well, but when it comes to revenge on a love rat, getting Robert banged up for murder is just a tad overboard, don'tcha think? Geez - Michelle already swindled him out of the restaurant, and while Vicky may be pissed, Robert always believably promised he'd help her with financial support for their baby. Is Michelle giving Vicky a large payday from the sale of the business in order to compensate? If not, then Vicky's screwing herself. And if Robert does end up in prison, then maybe our hot silver daddy can finally find the hot twink he's always meant to be with. I'm sure he'd be a lot happier.

The material with the quads is so repetitious. .. And The Baileys are like watching a bad sitcom without the laugh-track.

by Anonymousreply 399December 17, 2019 8:09 PM

Has anyone watched the new Coronation Street at Christmas special? It was pretty good, but I wish they would actually put the old Christmas episodes on Britbox.

by Anonymousreply 400December 23, 2019 2:48 AM

Is Derek taking requests for who to take out during the Christmas shooting rampage?

by Anonymousreply 401December 23, 2019 3:22 AM

Julian Simmons, big gay announcer for UTV (ITV in Northern Ireland), introduces an episode as only he can

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402December 24, 2019 2:40 AM

R402, thanks for posting that. He’s a riot!

by Anonymousreply 403December 24, 2019 1:58 PM

Does Geoff get shot? I hate him.

by Anonymousreply 404December 24, 2019 2:14 PM

I'll Mary myself but I'm not sorry, Rita's storyline has me in tears. Also, Barbara Knox can still act rings around many of the younger cast.

by Anonymousreply 405December 25, 2019 12:03 AM

R405 that story line annoyed me because Rita isn't the type of woman to sit around feeling sorry for herself. They're making her out to be some home bound Billy-no-mates and that's just not her personality.

by Anonymousreply 406December 25, 2019 1:13 PM

I agree, R406. I get that they want to tackle the issue of the elderly being lonely at Christmas but Rita was the wrong character to use. Shame Emily isn’t still there.

by Anonymousreply 407December 25, 2019 2:31 PM

Bye bye Robert. You had a hot ass but you couldn’t live forever.

by Anonymousreply 408December 25, 2019 9:48 PM

R406 to me that is exactly what makes it so powerful. It is easier to think of a sweet old person, like Emily, needing support and friendship during the holidays and throughout the year. But, people don’t think about strong independent older people like Rita needing it.

by Anonymousreply 409December 25, 2019 10:05 PM

The Rita-centric episode was far better than the Christmas episode, which I thought was pretty mediocre and left me with a sense of indifference.

by Anonymousreply 410December 27, 2019 12:21 AM

I'm rather shocked that they didn't go for having Vicky show up with the baby at the very last minute, so that Robert could meet his son right before dying. .. But of course, that would have made the scene about him rather than Michelle, and we can't have that. RME.

On another note, who's styling Ali's hair? Have they never heard of tapering the back? It's looking like a very bad wig.

by Anonymousreply 411December 27, 2019 12:33 AM

So Shona’s going to be in a coma for months due to the actress’ maternity leave? Poor Shona. I’m thinking she’ll wake up from it speaking Swedish or something.

by Anonymousreply 412December 27, 2019 10:08 AM

Michelle has made so many lives miserable on the street, yet we're suppose to sympathize with her. I really hate that character.

by Anonymousreply 413December 27, 2019 10:21 AM

R411 Ali’s hair is horrible. Even if he is on the outs with Maria he could still go see Audrey! It should either be tapered or worn long, not the slicked back style he is doing, which really makes him look like an unkept drug addict. I wouldn’t want him to be my doctor if he came in the room with that hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 414December 27, 2019 1:27 PM

Back at the end of October, The Mirror even did an article on Ali's weird-ass hair. But it's only gotten worse since then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415December 27, 2019 5:48 PM

Make a lasagna and everything is forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 416December 27, 2019 7:04 PM

Now that Robert is dead and Michelle is gone, Ryan and Ali have the whole flat to themselves without anyone barging in on them.

by Anonymousreply 417December 28, 2019 9:32 PM

Today, Evelyn showed she is an actually good battleaxe, which Coronation Street has been missing since the loss of Blanche. She is tough as nails and acerbic but when push comes to shove she will battle for her family and heaven help anyone who gets in her way. That little bitch Jade better watch out!

by Anonymousreply 418January 7, 2020 12:41 AM

MacLeod discusses upcoming 2020 stories.

I notice the so-called "gay football" story isn't mentioned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419January 8, 2020 12:56 AM

R419 I get the impression the gay footballer son will be quietly straight washed.

by Anonymousreply 420January 8, 2020 2:46 PM

R420 I don’t think that’ll happen because of the backlash that would ensue. But, I definitely think it has been placed on the back burner. The whole family has been sort of lost in the shuffle so far.

by Anonymousreply 421January 8, 2020 2:52 PM

The Baileys are such a bust. And as I recall, months ago, it sounded like the unseen daughter would be showing up before the holidays. I don't think they even mentioned her. And I don't get why everyone's keeping "the big gay secret" from the dad? What's the (presumed) issue?

by Anonymousreply 422January 8, 2020 6:55 PM

The Baileys are just so bland. They remind me of that family from years ago, the Mortons (headed by Sinbad from Brookside).

by Anonymousreply 423January 8, 2020 7:18 PM

I wonder if social workers hate tv shows about them. Because, this story line is making me HATE social workers. How can they expect parents to turn away their children when they come to the door of their home? Talk about causing psychological harm to the child. Much too often it appears that they take children away from loving parents, while not doing anything about cases they really need to.

by Anonymousreply 424January 8, 2020 11:35 PM

Jade’s gonna steal one of the quads, I can feel it in me waters.

by Anonymousreply 425January 8, 2020 11:43 PM

R424 - social workers and police officers are generally portrayed as inept on soaps for storyline purposes.

by Anonymousreply 426January 8, 2020 11:46 PM

R426 Except, I never hate the police in those storylines. I might feel they are stupid or vindictive, but I don't HATE them.

by Anonymousreply 427January 8, 2020 11:52 PM

Man, that Christmas Day episode was AWFUL. The only decent thing over the past few weeks has been Tracey and Paula ending up in bed together.

by Anonymousreply 428January 12, 2020 4:26 PM

The Christmas Day episode was like a fever dream.

by Anonymousreply 429January 12, 2020 7:47 PM

Really, R429, like, what the fuck were they thinking. This year’s Christmas episode better just be stuff with families in their homes.

by Anonymousreply 430January 12, 2020 8:53 PM

Geoff needs to fucking DIE! I have grown to hate that man. When will this story end?

by Anonymousreply 431January 16, 2020 12:23 AM

Maureen Lipman was so good in that scene with Evelyn telling that little bitch Jade she can go fuck herself.

by Anonymousreply 432January 18, 2020 9:22 PM

I really disliked Evelyn when she showed up but Maureen has really found the character and made her very enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 433January 18, 2020 10:39 PM

R432 & R433 She really has found the heart of the character and turned her into a classic Corrie battleaxe, like the late Ena Sharples and Blanche Hunt. Corrie had been missing a battleaxe since the departure of Roy's mother Sylvia, who never really caught on. I loved that scene between her and Jade, and then her turning to the people of the street and telling them off. That was a classic moment that will be replayed in retrospectives.

by Anonymousreply 434January 19, 2020 12:02 AM

For fuck’s sake, Hope is NINE YEARS OLD? She looks and acts more like a six year old.

by Anonymousreply 435January 19, 2020 4:09 PM

It was totally ridiculous that Bethany could hear Ray clear across the restaurant say to whatsername that he knew who he wanted as manager of the bistro.

by Anonymousreply 436January 21, 2020 3:35 AM

It's uncanny how much Jade looks like John Stape. Good casting. I'm finding it a bit of a stretch that such a young kid would turn against her mother relatively quickly, though.

by Anonymousreply 437January 22, 2020 7:23 PM

Thing is, Hope had bad-seed psych issues prior to Jade coming into her life to influence her. That's why Fiz took her away to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 438January 22, 2020 7:28 PM

Hope has Stape genes so it was only a matter of time before she went doolally.

by Anonymousreply 439January 22, 2020 10:45 PM

Damn Daniel is looking HOT with that beard! I love a blond guy with a beard.

by Anonymousreply 440January 23, 2020 12:51 AM

Do you think Rick’s death will ever come back to haunt Gary? It was in self-defense, but still. I’m finding it hard to believe that Gary really got out of the loan-sharking business. Too much money to be made.

Also, will Fizz go to prison for striking Jade?

by Anonymousreply 441January 23, 2020 12:59 AM

R441 MacLeod recently hinted that what went on with Rick may resurface. This is in the article discussing storylines for 2020 up in the link at R419.

It's in the paragraph where he talks about "Britain’s Got Talent strip week."

by Anonymousreply 442January 23, 2020 1:36 AM

Thanks, R442.

by Anonymousreply 443January 23, 2020 1:44 AM

Daniel’s got a ginger beard, though. I don’t think it’s attractive and suits his face.

by Anonymousreply 444January 23, 2020 10:09 PM

R444 Lots of men have ginger beards. I have dark brown hair, but a ginger beard. And I think it suits him very, very well.

by Anonymousreply 445January 23, 2020 10:16 PM

Does he have a ginger pubes too? And what about his butt? A dusting of ginger fuzz?

Also, any report on a new boyfriend, since his split from Ben Perryman?

by Anonymousreply 446January 23, 2020 10:38 PM

Katy McGlynn won Best Serial Drama Performer and Peter Ash won Best Newcomer at the National Television Awards tonight.

I would like Peter Ash in me, quite deeply.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447January 28, 2020 9:28 PM

I'm glad, I'm in the US but I voted online and I voted for both of them, but I also voted for Emmerdale for best Serial Drama, which also won.

by Anonymousreply 448January 28, 2020 11:47 PM

he pretty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449January 28, 2020 11:51 PM

R449, with that honker? Nevah.

by Anonymousreply 450January 29, 2020 12:04 AM

I find Peter Ash pretty sub-par in the acting department.

I'm rather shocked Bowden didn't win. I figured his rabid stans would stuff the ballot box.

I'd didn't vote for either of them.

by Anonymousreply 451January 29, 2020 12:37 AM

R451 I didn't care for him at first, but he has been very good during the molestation story.

by Anonymousreply 452January 29, 2020 12:41 AM

Couldn't help but compare Peter Ash to Adam J. Woodward's far superior performance in Hollyoaks' recent molestation story, so for me Ash was still sub-par.

by Anonymousreply 453January 29, 2020 12:54 AM

R453 I never watch Hollyoaks so I can't compare them. Whenever I've tried to watch Hollyoaks it seems so cartoonish.

by Anonymousreply 454January 29, 2020 1:02 AM

Ash did well when Paul finally told Gemma and his mother about Kel but he’s often godawful the rest of the time, especially in bits like when Paul saw Gemma’s house was being torched. Amateursville reacting.

The kid who played Buster on EE got this same award and was gone within a year. Just sayin’.

by Anonymousreply 455January 29, 2020 1:47 AM

Tara from Freshco asking Paul if he'd ever done any modeling?

That was either meant as a joke, or she needs glasses.

And this non-stop repetitive material with the quads is so boring. Add in Daniel trying to cope with Bertie, along with Maria and her now lost baby, and it's just too much baby baby baby.

by Anonymousreply 456January 29, 2020 10:18 PM

R456 Have you seem models lately? They don't go for great looking anymore. It is all about looking interesting.

by Anonymousreply 457January 29, 2020 10:20 PM

With that honker how could Paul ever be a model? And he’s, like, 5’6”.

by Anonymousreply 458January 29, 2020 10:28 PM

Samia Longchambon gave a great performance in tonight's episodes.

by Anonymousreply 459January 29, 2020 10:37 PM

Is she gonna go all Mirror Crack’d on Daniel’s ass? I know the kid didn’t live but still.

by Anonymousreply 460January 30, 2020 12:09 AM

R460 More likely Gary will, he is a killer.

by Anonymousreply 461January 30, 2020 12:19 AM

R457 I guess that means that Gemma and Chesney are neither goodlooking nor "interesting" enough, since Freshco is photoshopping them to death .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 462January 30, 2020 1:26 AM

I was really getting pissed off that the writers would have Yasmeen become a servant to Geoff, until I remembered that my sister did the same thing after her husband left and decided to come back.

For three years he had her as his servant because she was terrified of him leaving her and the kids again. Everything Geoff is doing to Yasmeen, minus the camera, my BIL did to my sister and no amount of intervention from me stopped it.

by Anonymousreply 463January 30, 2020 10:45 PM

Is there any indication of when the Geoff story will end? I just can't stand it any longer.

by Anonymousreply 464February 1, 2020 12:07 AM

R464 I've watched several abuse stories before, but there's something really icky about this one (haven't quite figured out what it is), and I'm finding it quite intolerable. .. Yesterday's article in the Manchester Evening News includes the line, "Some viewers have reached for the off-switch and are begging for this storyline to come to an end while others have applauded the soap's decision to explore the harrowing subject of coercive control." Count me in the former camp, as I've already seen enough to get the point. And what's coming up gets even worse. Just the photos are making me cringe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465February 1, 2020 12:38 AM

It’s intolerable because the actor who plays Geoff is intolerable. Geoff was introduced as an unbearably cutesy radio dj at a hospital and the actor played it cutesy as hell. The actor has zero charm so it makes zero sense that Yasmeen would care for him.

by Anonymousreply 466February 1, 2020 3:13 AM

R466 Yeah, I guess that pretty much sums it up. I remember how surprised I was when learning Yasmeen was gonna hook up with him. I didn't get (or buy) the attraction at all, thinking surely she can't be THAT desperate. It's never made sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 467February 1, 2020 3:26 AM

At this point, the only way the ending of this storyline will satisfy me will be if Geoff is eaten alive by lionesses.

by Anonymousreply 468February 4, 2020 10:04 PM

R468 No, I'm sure he is so evil that Geoff's rancid body would end up killing the lioness.

by Anonymousreply 469February 4, 2020 10:33 PM

OMG. Ken is gone from the street!

by Anonymousreply 470February 7, 2020 8:28 PM

Not for good, though. Bill Roache and Johnny Carson’s favorite actress (Rula Lenska)’ characters will move to a luxury retirement called Still Waters. Ken will probably be off the cobbles for only 6 months or so and he’s definitely not leaving the show. The Still Waters complex will actually be part of the show for the spring/summer.

by Anonymousreply 471February 7, 2020 9:28 PM

R471 I predict he will be back in Number 1, before autumn, if not summer.

by Anonymousreply 472February 7, 2020 11:13 PM

At first I thought tonight's episode was going to be dreadful, but I ended up quite enjoying it. Yes, it was ridiculous but at least it was fun. If it's a choice between episodes like that and the Christmas Day shooting rampage, I'll pick the former.

by Anonymousreply 473February 7, 2020 11:19 PM

Same here. The bit between Jenny and Rita was very sweet. Sean nauseated me as usual. AS IF he’d ever get to hook up with that hot guy on the app. Roy’s niece Nina should be written out as soon as possible. Goths are SO 1998 and the actress playing Nina is a total nothing.

by Anonymousreply 474February 8, 2020 1:19 AM

Today's episode was classic Corrie, I love how through Dennis' death we also got tribute to the original "star" of the cobbles Elsie Tanner when Rita gave Amy her ring. Not to mention, all the audio clips of Annie, Betty, Mavis, Hilda, Bet, etc... it was a perfect 10,000th episode. I'm not afraid to admit it, but when Rita or Ken dies, I'm going to cry like a baby.

by Anonymousreply 475February 8, 2020 1:58 AM

Totally agree, it was brilliant and I think all the better for being focused on the women. Why the hell did they leave his urn on the ground though?

by Anonymousreply 476February 9, 2020 12:42 AM

R476 because it was the perfect way to send off the perpetual screw-up that was Dennis Tanner.

by Anonymousreply 477February 9, 2020 12:46 AM

I enjoyed the episode for the most part, BUT could have done without the all-too-stereotypical material related to younger generation vs. older generation. Carla and the goth didn't fit, and Sean certainly didn't need to be on the bus. In fact, why is he even still on this show? If anyone realized it was time time to move on (and away), it should have been him .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 478February 9, 2020 12:57 AM

I agree Sean added nothing. Thankfully though they didn't have Fiz, Gemma or Izzy attending.

by Anonymousreply 479February 9, 2020 1:36 AM

[quote] Thankfully though they didn't have Fiz, Gemma or Izzy attending.

Really! .. Or Moira .. lol! .. Once Sean was included, I was waiting for her to jump on the bus for no apparent reason.

by Anonymousreply 480February 9, 2020 4:13 AM

So the producer said they would do this reflective, quiet episode for the 10, 000th anniversary but expect a spectacle and action for the December 60th celebration. Can the Gary Supervillain sustain itself til then or will they give us something entirely different?

by Anonymousreply 481February 10, 2020 3:41 PM

So the producer said they would do this reflective, quiet episode for the 10, 000th anniversary but expect a spectacle and action for the December 60th celebration. Can the Gary Supervillain sustain itself til then or will they give us something entirely different?

by Anonymousreply 482February 10, 2020 3:41 PM

James is finally going to come out to his dad after Ed comes home unexpectedly and "hears a thump upstairs" .. lol!

The son is humping Ed's mate, "Danny Tomlinson", who shows up on the street to work a temporary job at The Bistro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483February 11, 2020 6:11 PM

"Danny Tomlinson" is being played by Dylan Brady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484February 11, 2020 6:12 PM

^^^Yum!

by Anonymousreply 485February 11, 2020 6:17 PM

Isn't there already a thread on this, r485?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486February 11, 2020 9:34 PM

The Baileys have all got to go.

by Anonymousreply 487February 12, 2020 1:21 AM

Yeah, The Baileys are like a bad sit-com with no laugh-track.

If the mother goes back to nursing, they should have her get a job in another city with her and Ed picking up and moving. Then, the older son can reconcile with his his baby mama and go live with her and the kid. James can get a drafted to play "soccer" at some made-up league team in America. Special guest start, Robbie Rogers.

They could wrap this week up in a week.

by Anonymousreply 488February 12, 2020 1:40 AM

I think Nina actually has potential.

by Anonymousreply 489February 12, 2020 2:51 AM

[quote] Then, the older son can reconcile with his his baby mama and go live with her and the kid.

NO. I don't care about any of the Baileys, yet, but I don't hate any of them except for his baby mama. If they wrote them out, I would want her to die and then he can raise the kid. I hate her, because she is constantly angry and upset that she has to raise the kid by herself, but when he or his family tries to help it makes her even angrier. Not to mention it was her choice in the first place to not include any of them in their lives. She is going to screw that child up.

by Anonymousreply 490February 12, 2020 3:00 AM

The baby mama is played by a fucking boring actress.

by Anonymousreply 491February 12, 2020 5:45 PM

I don't hate the Baileys, I just hate what they've done to Emily's house!

by Anonymousreply 492February 12, 2020 5:50 PM

Who has the most tasteful house?

by Anonymousreply 493February 12, 2020 7:23 PM

Sally, of course. She has a conservatory.

by Anonymousreply 494February 12, 2020 7:25 PM

I like Gail's kitchen the best. Joe put it in for free. Carla used to have a lovely flat.

by Anonymousreply 495February 12, 2020 7:30 PM

Bethany is really starting to come across as a bunny boiler now.

by Anonymousreply 496February 12, 2020 8:18 PM

Got through tonight’s episodes in less than 15 minutes because every single scene contained characters I don’t care about. And way too much of those fucking kids Ruby, Hope, Lily and Max.

by Anonymousreply 497February 12, 2020 9:56 PM

R489 I'm guessing Nina will eventually end up being a top designer-seamstress at Underworld. Recall, the project she was working on when she used Roy as her model was a corset.

by Anonymousreply 498February 13, 2020 6:54 PM

Danny is cute.

Why does everyone on this show get engaged after 5 minutes together? First Adam and Sarah, now Maria and Gary.

by Anonymousreply 499February 14, 2020 8:10 PM

R499 You have to remember they go through a lifetime of relationship issues in a few months, so it is hard to judge them. Maria and Gary haven't been together for long, but they have already lost a child, survived Gary's secret life as a loan shark, the street shooting siege, moved in together, etc... In real life that is at least five years of drama.

by Anonymousreply 500February 14, 2020 9:09 PM

Wow, the actress playing Maria has gone from famine to feast, for the past few years she’s only been in a few episodes per month and now she’s on almost every damn episode.

by Anonymousreply 501February 15, 2020 12:42 AM

Does anybody here like: Fiz, Chesney, Sean or Izzy?

by Anonymousreply 502February 15, 2020 11:20 AM

Chesney is OK but the others should have been gone years ago, along with Beth and Kirk.

by Anonymousreply 503February 15, 2020 2:05 PM

R502, I actually used to like all four of them but have gone off them over the years. Sean was okay for the first year or so but soon became more and more annoying. Fiz went downhill when she started seeing John Stape. Chesney was funny as a kid but boring as a teen and adult. Izzy was all right as a background character but became irritating when they pushed her closer to the forefront.

by Anonymousreply 504February 15, 2020 2:28 PM

R504 I would push her off of Rosamund Bridge

by Anonymousreply 505February 15, 2020 5:43 PM

Izzy is alright as a kind of background character or someone for other characters to talk to, but her marijuana story was horrendous. Reefer Madness had better acting.

by Anonymousreply 506February 15, 2020 7:21 PM

Oh god, her acting was horrific in that storyline. And she’s been unbearably cutesy in every scene they’ve thrown her in since. She was OK back when she first started.

by Anonymousreply 507February 15, 2020 10:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508February 15, 2020 10:20 PM

James Burrows is calling it a day so Ali will depart in a few months. I wonder if Gary will kill him.

by Anonymousreply 509February 17, 2020 6:18 PM

I'd love to see Ali in a pair of see-through tidy whites, showing off his thick cock and dark bush.

by Anonymousreply 510February 17, 2020 6:25 PM

And...you know this how, r510?

by Anonymousreply 511February 17, 2020 6:37 PM

Can hardly believe they let him show his fugly tattoos in that sex scene.

by Anonymousreply 512February 17, 2020 6:38 PM

For love of Ivy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513February 17, 2020 8:08 PM

R512 His tatts are really unfortunate, he doesn't look like a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 514February 17, 2020 10:54 PM

Good tats for porn, though, which he’ll be best suited for.

by Anonymousreply 515February 17, 2020 11:02 PM

Fugly ones like his are not good for anywhere. (btw - They're on his legs too.)

by Anonymousreply 516February 17, 2020 11:47 PM

Does he have them on his arse?

by Anonymousreply 517February 18, 2020 4:49 PM

God, this show is so boring right now. Blandest coming-out storyline ever. The boy who plays the footballer is such a wooden actor. I couldn't even remember the family's surname without Googling it. Gemma, Chesney and the quads are boring me as well. I also can't buy this idea that Ali and Maria had some sort of grand love affair - how long were they even together for?

by Anonymousreply 518February 21, 2020 11:53 PM

R518 I agree on all points.

So far this coming out story is like a period piece from the 80s. One wonders if it will it get any better if/when they introduce some teammates from James football squad?

I can't take any more of Gemma, Chesney, and "life with the quads." Can they all just move away now? Joseph can stay. I feel sorry for the kid having to put up with all that.

And how invested can one even get in Ali and Maria, when we already know he's exiting?

by Anonymousreply 519February 22, 2020 12:06 AM

The Joseph child-actor is much better and natural than his real-life twin sister who plays Hope.

by Anonymousreply 520February 22, 2020 12:07 AM

When Joseph swears and Chesney asks where he heard that word and he points at Gemma like, "J'accuse!" I nearly pissed myself laughing.

by Anonymousreply 521February 22, 2020 2:00 PM

I completely dislike Claudia. If they were going to give Ken a new romance, I wish they had stuck with Audrey. It was clear they were heading in that direction at first.

by Anonymousreply 522February 25, 2020 12:06 AM

At least Claudia doesn’t have three-toned hair anymore, she looked like a fucking cat before.

by Anonymousreply 523February 25, 2020 12:14 AM

She is still all fur coat and no knickers.

by Anonymousreply 524February 25, 2020 12:18 AM

I think you'll find George Galloway was the cat, R523.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525February 25, 2020 12:20 AM

I thought the chicken incident was going to be the end of the Geoff storyline, but sadly it appears not.

Adam should have worn a kilt to the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 526March 2, 2020 10:37 PM

You’d think the murder of a chicken would be a deal breaker but nope.

by Anonymousreply 527March 3, 2020 3:25 PM

Is it just my impression or is Carla more interesting now that she' doesn't own the factory?

by Anonymousreply 528March 4, 2020 6:01 PM

I'm not thrilled with them using Carla as the resident agony aunt.

by Anonymousreply 529March 4, 2020 6:26 PM

Sinead's been dead for about four months, and so far Daniel has

- failed to back up the videos she made for Bertie before the laptop was stolen

- left all her belongings in black bags outside Beth's house, so Kirk thought they were rubbish and chucked them

- dropped her wedding ring and got it run over after using it to propose to another woman

It's just as well she wasn't cremated, he would have probably have done a Dennis Tanner with her ashes by now.

by Anonymousreply 530March 4, 2020 8:13 PM

Yeah, Daniel's proven himself to be a real idiot.

(And don't forget, he also failed to follow-through on Bertie's vaccination schedule, which led to the baby contracting measles and passing it to Maria resulting in her miscarriage.)

by Anonymousreply 531March 4, 2020 8:41 PM

Dr. Ali's new hairdo is an improvement over the last one.

by Anonymousreply 532March 5, 2020 3:02 AM

I wonder if Dr Ali wears boxers or briefs? He's much more attractive than rat-faced Gary Windy-ass.

Daniel is a stupid tosser, for sure.

I agree, they are pushing Carla too much as the street's mother hen. It's great they developed her so much from the bitch with a secret caring side she initially was written as but she's really in her element when she's the glamorous boss running the business.

by Anonymousreply 533March 5, 2020 10:26 AM

Have they dropped the story about Carla taking Sinead’s beard oil business and building it up? I thought by now she would have opened a factory on the street and started raiding the knicker factory for workers.

by Anonymousreply 534March 5, 2020 5:36 PM

One of the actors is apparently being quarantined for coronavirus. Speculation is it’s the actor playing Tyrone.

by Anonymousreply 535March 6, 2020 2:14 AM

Jade's going to regret kissing him, R535.

by Anonymousreply 536March 6, 2020 2:43 PM

Wouldn't that scene have been filmed like two months ago? She might be the lucky one since the character supposedly exits next week.

by Anonymousreply 537March 6, 2020 6:30 PM

I was joking, R537 😉

by Anonymousreply 538March 6, 2020 6:37 PM

I wonder if one of the soaps will end up doing a Coronavirus storyline.

by Anonymousreply 539March 6, 2020 11:18 PM

They’ll certainly have to incorporate the aftermath, when it finally comes.

by Anonymousreply 540March 6, 2020 11:46 PM

Brookside did a storyline about a killer virus in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 541March 7, 2020 3:44 PM

I think Prisoner Cell Block H did a killer virus requiring quarantine as well. If memory serves, Top Dog Bea Smith shagged the visiting health inspector!

by Anonymousreply 542March 7, 2020 3:58 PM

I chewed up that bloody virus and spat it out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543March 7, 2020 4:04 PM

When Tracy bought the Preston's Petals premises from Peter did it not include the flat upstairs? Couldn't he therefore rent it from Tracy?

by Anonymousreply 544March 10, 2020 2:38 AM

Fast forwarded through the two episodes tonight, only stopping for Roy/Carla and the Barlows.

Jesus, Rula’s adding grey to her hair, making it two tone again. And her hair looks like a fucking cat’s mane again. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 545March 10, 2020 2:41 AM

Don't worry r545 -- she'll get a nice rinse when friends are here from America.

by Anonymousreply 546March 10, 2020 10:31 AM

This show is unwatchable right now. Amy's mood board, James' gay storyline with his awful father, Ali & Ginger Gary, that twat Geoff. I want more storylines with the good characters.

by Anonymousreply 547March 11, 2020 8:48 PM

This show is unwatchable right now. Amy's mood board, James' gay storyline with his awful father, Ali & Ginger Gary, that twat Geoff. I want more storylines with the good characters.

by Anonymousreply 548March 11, 2020 8:49 PM

R548 Yeah, I stopped watching about two weeks ago. Doesn't surprise me, since I gave up Emmerdale after about a year into McLeod's run. I'm still reading the weekly TV guide (whatsontv) and episode recaps (wiki) to see if there's ANYTHING of interest. Nope. ... I'll probably watch the gay footballer scenes just out of curiosity to see how the subject is being handled, but with these actors it's not must-see TV.

by Anonymousreply 549March 11, 2020 10:22 PM

Let's play a game. Which residents would you have in a line-up to orally pleasure?

Adam, Ali, James, Ryan, Daniel, the Vicar's boyfriend, Nick, the new Bistro owner

by Anonymousreply 550March 13, 2020 4:00 PM

Gosh, forgot Imran, I'll have him after Adam!

by Anonymousreply 551March 13, 2020 4:28 PM

Nick, R550? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 552March 13, 2020 4:41 PM

R552 yes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553March 13, 2020 5:06 PM

R552 I don't care for Nick but I'd take him over the new Bistro owner/sex pest. Also where the fuck is Gary? I'd suck the skin off that ginger.

by Anonymousreply 554March 13, 2020 5:37 PM

I bet Imran has a lovely, hairy cut cock and 2 above-average balls!

by Anonymousreply 555March 13, 2020 6:31 PM

I bet Imran has a lovely, hairy cut cock and 2 above-average balls!

by Anonymousreply 556March 13, 2020 6:31 PM

I dunno...the actor is English. I imagine a nice, thick uncut cock nested in a very hairy crotch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557March 14, 2020 8:01 PM

R557 He is English, but ethnic. I'm not sure about his religion or family, but if he is or was raised Muslim he is probably cut.

by Anonymousreply 558March 14, 2020 8:05 PM

I believe the "De Melo" surname and its variants is typically Portuguese in origin. Mom is Lynne (looks quite British to me). Dad, goes by Eric. (I think his full name is "Anthony Eric".)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559March 14, 2020 9:50 PM

And looking at younger photos without the full beard, my first guess would definitely be that he's got some Iberian or Brazilian in him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560March 14, 2020 9:56 PM

I'm hoping they do something good with the Ken/Norris storyline, I like both characters. Most of the show is back to terrible

by Anonymousreply 561March 14, 2020 10:30 PM

R559 Then my guess would be that his family are from Goa. Goa was not part of British India. Portugal ruled it until India annexed it in 1961. More than likely they would be Hindi or Christian. I would guess Christian/Catholic because of the Portuguese name.

by Anonymousreply 562March 15, 2020 12:02 AM

R562 That's interesting.

btw - On the religious front, one can find a couple of photos where Christmas trees are in the family frame (although I know that's not always an indicator).

by Anonymousreply 563March 15, 2020 2:56 AM

This show will probably have to shut down along with thr other soaps pretty soon.

by Anonymousreply 564March 16, 2020 4:34 AM

They're already saying it'll be cut back to two episodes a week for a while, R564. Maybe the quality will improve as a result.

by Anonymousreply 565March 16, 2020 5:26 PM

The folks at ITV are currently disputing those "speculative" reports. But we'll see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566March 16, 2020 8:37 PM

It’s absolutely insane that the soaps over there haven’t shut down production yet. The West End theatres shut down tonight.

by Anonymousreply 567March 16, 2020 9:12 PM

I have said on one of the US soap threads, since they all film in advance, they should cut down the airings to two per week to ensure they have new episodes to air for awhile. This could be a great thing for soaps, as other shows will be running out of new episodes quickly and people are going to be watching a hell of a lot of tv and streaming. It is reassuring to people to have long running shows such as Corrie & Emmerdale, in the UK, or General Hospital and The Young and the Restless, in the US, continue through the crisis. It is a small touch of normality, in a world in which so much of our usual routines are in disarray. We don't have our sports teams or concerts, we can't go to pubs or restaurants, soaps are one of the few things left.

by Anonymousreply 568March 16, 2020 9:27 PM

Yes but R568, both Coronation Street and EastEnders both supposedly “reflect reality” so to never address the crisis or incorporate it into the storylines would be ridiculous. I think they should all end in late May and return in October, hopefully telling stories of the characters coping with the aftermath.

GH and all the US soaps are Fantasyland so can’t compare to the UK ones.

by Anonymousreply 569March 16, 2020 11:14 PM

R569 They should continue production, on a limited basis. Reduced casts and crews, filming stories concerning the crisis and social distancing and quarantine. They could do whole episodes focusing on just one house at a time. Showing people dealing with the problems we all are.

Also, as out there as US soaps can get with their storylines, they do have a history of tackling serious healthcare issues, from Bert Bauer's historic Pap-Smear on GL in the early sixties, Stone and Robin's HIV/AIDS story on GH in the 1990s, to Sharon's current breast cancer story on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 570March 16, 2020 11:34 PM

I hope Geoff gets Covid19 and dies a painful death.

by Anonymousreply 571March 19, 2020 2:19 AM

Evelyn and that new guy are so cute together.

Emma’s crack about Tracy was fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 572March 19, 2020 3:30 AM

Production reportedly shut down today.

by Anonymousreply 573March 19, 2020 1:48 PM

The writers really didn't think the quad storyline through. It's a catch-22. If Gemma adjusts and gets on top of things, it'll be completely unrealistic - most people wouldn't be able to cope with quads, and Gemma's the sort of person who would struggle with just one baby. But if they portray it realistically, this will drag on forever - it's not as though the quads will be easier to look after in a few years' time when they're toddlers.

by Anonymousreply 574March 21, 2020 10:55 AM

I wonder if Maureen Lipman can do a credible American accent? Because if they ever want to do a live episode of Maude, like they have with the other Norman Lear shows, or a Golden Girls she would be perfect to take the Bea Arthur part.

by Anonymousreply 575March 21, 2020 10:38 PM

She did an American accent playing Aunt Eller in a production of Oklahoma! that starred Hugh Jackman, r575.

by Anonymousreply 576March 21, 2020 10:43 PM

Next week, Corrie is two episodes Monday, two episodes Wednesday, and no episode Friday.

by Anonymousreply 577March 21, 2020 10:44 PM

R576, the very first thing I ever saw in London back in 1986 was Lipman in the lead in Wonderful Town. Her American accent didn’t make my ears bleed.

by Anonymousreply 578March 22, 2020 12:44 AM

Posted today on the Coronation Street page on Facebook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579March 22, 2020 3:09 PM

Took ‘em long enough. Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580March 22, 2020 6:58 PM

R579 They finally saw sense.

by Anonymousreply 581March 22, 2020 6:58 PM

There's a paradox here (and for once, it's not the writers' fault):

- the coronavirus definitely exists in the Corrie universe, because they added a scene in which Geoff told Yasmeen to wash her hands while singing "Happy Birthday" twice

- but we're going to see the characters in the Rovers, the cafe, etc. for a few more months while the UK has banned social gatherings and closed all pubs and eateries

- when the show returns, they'll have to explain what the characters have been doing while they're off-screen (and why the storylines are picking up exactly where they left off) and the simplest explanation is that they were in lockdown

- but that would mean Weatherfield went into lockdown much later than the rest of the UK did

(Don't tell me to get a life. I'm literally not allowed to leave the house to socialise for the foreseeable future.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582March 23, 2020 11:27 PM

Something, I don't understand about Norris and Freida living at Still Waters. Emily moved to Scotland to live with Freida, so where is she supposed to be living now? Have they even mentioned it? I would guess Freida had to sell her house to afford to move into the retirement community.

Another thing, the whole David and Shona thing seems strange, unless care is vastly different in the UK. I knew a person, whose husband couldn't remember her after a brain injury, but she got to see him everyday until he did remember her, even though it at first made him uncomfortable. Because, it was considered important for him to remember his marriage and his family.

by Anonymousreply 583March 25, 2020 2:20 AM

[quote] Another thing, the whole David and Shona thing seems strange, unless care is vastly different in the UK.

Well, it might be strange because, it was put together to accommodate the actress' maternity leave. They've got a similar strange (nonsensical) one over on EastEnders involving "Stacey Fowler" to accommodate Lacey Turner's maternity leave.

by Anonymousreply 584March 25, 2020 3:09 AM

R584 I know that but it just seems weird.

by Anonymousreply 585March 25, 2020 3:35 AM

Oh god, this Gemma/quads story is awful. I managed to watch Monday’s episodes in under a half hour.

by Anonymousreply 586March 25, 2020 5:42 PM

I was a bit alarmed when Claudia said she was off to meet a client right after Geoff phoned the escort service.

by Anonymousreply 587March 25, 2020 8:01 PM

Well, she is a whore, darlin’.

by Anonymousreply 588March 25, 2020 10:22 PM

The narrator actually announced before the episode that Corrie is filmed weeks in advance, and that we should all practise social distancing. Just in case anyone thought the curfew must have be over because David Platt's in the Rovers.

by Anonymousreply 589March 25, 2020 11:21 PM

We didn't hear that on Britbox in the States, r589, though Britbox sent out an email about schedule changes.

by Anonymousreply 590March 25, 2020 11:41 PM

So there were two fucking episodes on Monday and two fucking episodes last night, will there be two fucking episodes tomorrow night? I thought the schedule was slowing down starting this week. Most of last night’s was unwatchable-Gemma’s plight is excruciating and I don’t give a shit about Still Water but nice scenes with Evelyn/Claudia and David/Nick.

by Anonymousreply 591March 26, 2020 1:22 PM

It starts next week

by Anonymousreply 592March 26, 2020 4:45 PM

Why does Clayton want to get back in Shona's good books? I feel like I missed something. I thought he hated her.

by Anonymousreply 593March 26, 2020 11:35 PM

R593 I think he just wants to torment David.

by Anonymousreply 594March 27, 2020 12:39 AM

That dude who plays Clayton is still hideously unattractive. But he does resemble the actress playing Shona.

by Anonymousreply 595March 27, 2020 3:50 AM

He's a chav, r595.

by Anonymousreply 596March 27, 2020 10:59 AM

Part Four ready.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597March 27, 2020 11:01 AM

Bajour, cock! !

by Anonymousreply 598March 27, 2020 5:59 PM

No episode tonight?

by Anonymousreply 599March 27, 2020 11:50 PM

R599 Nope. They aired a Star Wars film instead.

btw - It took one year to reach the end of this thread, and Ali and Ryan never hit the sheets.

by Anonymousreply 600March 28, 2020 12:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!