Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC ratings plunge overnight

"Maddow, who has consistently vied for the first or second top-rated cable news program, was sixth on Monday evening, down almost 500,000 total viewers from the previous Monday"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 15, 2019 12:07 AM

𝑨𝑪𝑲 !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2019 10:13 PM

LOL R1 I was just going to go fishing for that pic. I saw it earlier today.

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2019 10:16 PM

She’ll have the 2020 race to cover soon but she’s gonna fizzle out before you know it. All the charts and connections. It was like watching Glenn Beck and where’s he today?

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2019 10:17 PM

Katy Tur needs to take the primetime gig. Dump Matthews already.

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2019 10:18 PM

Thats because everyone wanted to watch that dumpster fire Hannity to see how he would spin the "letter" for the president.

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2019 10:22 PM

HI RACHEL! I mean R5.

by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2019 10:23 PM

I gotta say - Maddow was kind of losing me before this. I’d rather watch Ari, Lawrence or Nicolle Wallace.

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2019 10:28 PM

I say, Russia today, Russia tomorrow, and Russia forever!

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2019 10:30 PM

on the other hand . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2019 10:31 PM

They're all idiots and the whole lot of them need to have their asses kicked to the curb, not just Maddow.

If NBC/Comcast/Universal had an ounce of sense, they'd shut the whole shit show down, go dark for a couple of days and come back as something completely different A network featuring Lucille Ball 24/7 would be highly appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 10March 27, 2019 10:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2019 10:37 PM

Her style is tedious. Just get to the point and what’s happening now

by Anonymousreply 12March 27, 2019 10:43 PM

I enjoy O'Donnell, Williams, Wallace and usually Hays and Maddow. She is a bit tedious and I get her style but she needs to jazz it up a bit.

They will be just fine. They've gone through highs and lows before.

by Anonymousreply 13March 27, 2019 10:47 PM

I lost respect for MSNBC over their anti-CNN social media campaign, where they got "influencers" to constantly trash CNN

by Anonymousreply 14March 27, 2019 11:04 PM

I like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 27, 2019 11:11 PM

Oh look the trolls have arrived!

by Anonymousreply 16March 27, 2019 11:11 PM

Rachel done wore me out.

by Anonymousreply 17March 27, 2019 11:11 PM

Meh, I don't watch any of these channels, but it pisses me off to no end that NewsCorp isn't forced to relocate to flyover where they fucking belong amongst their provincial fanbase.

Nothing sickens me more than knowing the assholes who work there are having dinner at the countless ETHNIC restaurants in NYC or benefiting from the hard work of the very immigrants they attack on a daily basis to their idiot viewers.

They should be forced out of the city. Go to fucking KS. FOX has no business being in NYC considering it is everything they rail against. Sickening what hypocrites they are.

by Anonymousreply 18March 27, 2019 11:16 PM

I'd like to buy her for what she's worth and sell her for what she thinks she's worth.

by Anonymousreply 19March 27, 2019 11:18 PM

maybe OP should consider the source of his info?

by Anonymousreply 20March 27, 2019 11:19 PM

[quote] It was like watching Glenn Beck and where’s he today?

That's exactly what I thought of, R3. He and Rachel are two sides of the same coin.

by Anonymousreply 21March 27, 2019 11:20 PM

[quote] maybe OP should consider the source of his info?

Fool, Daily Beast is an Anti-Trump site.

Hannity nearly doubled Maddow’s ratings this past Monday, delivering just more than 4 million viewers compared to Maddow’s 2.5 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 27, 2019 11:37 PM

[quote] I refuse to believe that he doesn't know better.

Link.

by Anonymousreply 23March 27, 2019 11:41 PM

Love Rachel, and I won’t stop watching her.

by Anonymousreply 24March 27, 2019 11:43 PM

one day's numbers. so i guess that means the whole network has tumbled into the dumpster? lets wait and see if this holds, or if its just a blip. then we can decide fact from wishes.

by Anonymousreply 25March 27, 2019 11:44 PM

It was hilarious to hear all the reasons the shills used to deny what you clearly see in R1.

by Anonymousreply 26March 27, 2019 11:48 PM

[quote]It was hilarious to hear all the reasons the shills used to deny what you clearly see in [R1].

Cool. So who are you shilling for, hon?

by Anonymousreply 27March 27, 2019 11:50 PM

I haven’t watched any cable “news” or any TV news at all, for that matter, since Barr released his 4 page piece of crap. I’m not interested in hearing people parse it 1,000 times. I just want to know why isn’t a massive march on Washington being organized to demand release of the report, protest Trump trying to shut down health care for American citizens, and over his administration defunding special olympics? All in about 3 days. Fuck that shit. We need to get away from televisions and move.

by Anonymousreply 28March 27, 2019 11:52 PM

R1 will be remembered as the iconic image of this entire fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 29March 27, 2019 11:52 PM

I agree. I’ve turned it off for a couple of days. But I’ll be back in it in a few. That’s not Maddow’s fault or any one broadcast personality.

by Anonymousreply 30March 27, 2019 11:54 PM

You certainly don't have to like Maddow, but to be intellectually lazy enough to compare her to Beck or Hannity or anyone of that ilk, is just embarrassing for you.

Please show me quotes from Maddow about the president or Republicans that resemble any of these from Beck:

"This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture....I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist." –on President Obama, sparking an advertiser exodus from his FOX News show, July 28, 2009 (Source) "I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, 'Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore,' and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, 'Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death.' And you know, well, I'm not sure." –responding to the question "What would people do for $50 million?", "The Glenn Beck Program," May 17, 2005 (Source)

"When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005 (Source) "The only [Katrina victims] we're seeing on television are the scumbags." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005 (Source) "I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today." –on why people who lost their homes in forest fires in California had it coming, "The Glenn Beck Program," Oct. 22, 2007 (Source) "I have been nervous about this interview with you because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies. ... And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way." –interviewing Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), the first Muslim U.S. congressman, Glen Beck's show on CNN's Headline News, Nov. 14, 2006 (Source)

"Al Gore's not going to be rounding up Jews and exterminating them. It is the same tactic, however. The goal is different. The goal is globalization...And you must silence all dissenting voices. That's what Hitler did. That's what Al Gore, the U.N., and everybody on the global warming bandwagon [are doing]." –"The Glenn Beck Program," May 1, 2007 (Source) "So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on embryonic stem cell research. ... Eugenics. In case you don't know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person. ... The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening." –"The Glenn Beck Program," March 9, 2009 (Source) "You have the artwork of Mussolini there, here in New York at Rockefeller Plaza." –analyzing the artwork decorating Rockefeller Plaza, which he said contained a hammer and sickle, Glenn Beck show on FOX News Channel, Sept. 2, 2009 (Source) "O-L-I-G-A-R-H-Y." –misspelling "oligarchy" on his chalk board while claiming he had deciphered a secret code that he said was proof President Obama was trying to create an "Oligarhy," Aug. 27, 2009, Glenn Beck show on FOX News Channel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 27, 2019 11:54 PM

[quote] I haven’t watched any cable “news” or any TV news at all, for that matter, since Barr released his 4 page piece

The denial is that deep, eh?

by Anonymousreply 32March 27, 2019 11:56 PM

Apologies for the formatting. Go to the link for a more organized compilation of Beck's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 33March 27, 2019 11:56 PM

Well, she just doesn't have the big story to report on anymore, does she? She ought to take a break and travel for a SPECIAL REPORT on immigration (CRISIS AT THE BORDER), Boeing (TERROR IN THE SKIES), or the housing crisis (AMERICAN DREAM OR AMERICAN NIGHTMARE?).

by Anonymousreply 34March 27, 2019 11:57 PM

[quote]Well, she just doesn't have the big story to report on anymore, does she?

Mueller's grand jury is still investigating.

Most of Mueller's cases have been handed over to other prosecutors.

You really think this shitshow is over? Bless your heart, darling Trumpanzee.

by Anonymousreply 35March 28, 2019 12:00 AM

She lost credibility over Russiagate

by Anonymousreply 36March 28, 2019 12:02 AM

Trout Fingers was a hot mess on Fridays episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 28, 2019 12:03 AM

R27, wait, are you implying some posters here might in fact be... RUSSIAN?!!!

Lol. It’s over, psycho. He may be a lot of things and Rachel May even be right on one or two of her criticisms, but he’s no Russian agent. I hope she’s just doing it for the money because if not she’s certifiable!

by Anonymousreply 38March 28, 2019 12:07 AM

[quote] You really think this shitshow is over? Bless your heart, darling Trumpanzee.

By the time any of this comes to a conclusion, we'll be in the middle of the second Ivanka Trump administration

by Anonymousreply 39March 28, 2019 12:08 AM

Here's the thing: Any real NYer (esp. those who grew up in the 80s/90s) knows exactly who Trump has always been. You'd have to be a complete moron to think Trump would ever *consciously* turn down an offer to be helped by anyone - foreign/domestic, enemy/friend. He has no conscience. He has no concept of right/wrong, legal/illegal. They're all just meaningless words to him. He only knows the word "profits." He couldn't give less of a shit the source of his gains whether in the form of money or power. It's all about "gimme, gimme, gimme." He couldn't care less about the who/where.

Halfwits who use "American values" when referring to him are such stupid shitheads. Like really stupid rubes who are every bad stereotype of the dumb American. Trump can't in any way, shape or form relate to the dummies in the midwest or the south who buy into apple pie/patriotic bullshit. Trump may be "white," but his mentality is pure, "ethnic" NYer. His business practices are of the "from the old country" way of doing things.

Seriously, his supporters are such idiots for so many reasons. They really are so blinded by their hate for non-whites that they have no fucking clue about this asshole who couldn't be any less" American."

Robert Mueller -who I'm no huge fan of- is about as "Eagle scout American" as you can get and Trump is soooo not that.

by Anonymousreply 40March 28, 2019 12:11 AM

[quote]I haven’t watched any cable “news” or any TV news at all, for that matter, since Barr released his 4 page piece of crap. I’m not interested in hearing people parse it 1,000 times.

I've actually had my TV turned off since Monday. night It's too depressing to contemplate. Over the weekend, posters like this one started cropping up in my neighborhood. Identity Evropa is "rebranding" and trying to move on to college campuses. I'm right by a state university campus in a very nice, friendly neighborhood. My family has been in the neighborhood since 1949 and it's heartbreaking to see this. Fortunately, they seemed to come down as fast as they went up. The crazies are even further emboldened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 28, 2019 12:21 AM

R18 I suggest that CNN/MSNBC - hell, all relevant media companies - do the same, not just Fox. You call “flyover” states as Fox’s fan base. I call it half the population that Democrats alienate with their “deplorable” and “provincial” labels.

Just maybe, opining network would might actually interact with and learn about issues affecting people that don’t reside in coastal zones. Then maybe, they’ll approach stories and report news in a manner that actually gets their attention and moves the dial in making change.

by Anonymousreply 42March 28, 2019 12:22 AM

Housing crisis?

by Anonymousreply 43March 28, 2019 12:26 AM

What the fuck is that r41?

by Anonymousreply 44March 28, 2019 12:28 AM

R41, you want to translate into English what you're babbling about?

by Anonymousreply 45March 28, 2019 12:32 AM

SAD!

by Anonymousreply 46March 28, 2019 12:33 AM

It's propaganda for a white supremacist movement. This SPLC article about them is just a couple of weeks old and lo and behold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 28, 2019 12:34 AM

[quote] This SPLC article.....

You lost me right there, R47.

by Anonymousreply 48March 28, 2019 12:35 AM

I havent watched any of the cable shows either since Fri. I just dont want to see it. Trump is idiotic but he is seems to have 9 lives/

I do think Maddow got very carried away with the Russian consipiracy theories. I mostly stopped watching her a while back. For my mental health I probably will tune out the national news competely like I complete tune out all local conservative news casts (which is every channel) until closer to the 2020 elections.

Having said that, I think the US is in serious trouble with Trump in the oval office for 2 more years and I cant help but think the fix will be in for 2020 to keep him in power, and if somehow he loses, he will refuse to leave. It really shows how flimsy our constitution and governmental laws/democracy and norms are as Trump is trampling on our core values and grinding them into dust.

by Anonymousreply 49March 28, 2019 12:36 AM

You were lost long beforehand, dear soul at R48 Why don't you run off now and fellate your masters...

by Anonymousreply 50March 28, 2019 12:40 AM

This doesn’t matter to me—I don’t watch cable news anyway. Read the papers and a few websites.

by Anonymousreply 51March 28, 2019 12:40 AM

Identity Evropa/American Identity Movement founder Nathan Damigo grew up in one of the most diverse cities in the country (San Jose) and went to a school (Cal State Stanislaus) that is "majority minority."

There are a quite a few deplorables in the Blue States.

by Anonymousreply 52March 28, 2019 12:41 AM

she's everything you hate about Hillary. Cubed. H³

by Anonymousreply 53March 28, 2019 12:44 AM

[quote] Housing crisis?

You've not heard of the housing crisis, R43?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54March 28, 2019 12:48 AM

R42, here's the problem: When I see flyover whining that Hillary didn't show up in their city, that tells me they have the mindset of children. Why in the hell do you need a politician to physically show up?

I 'm a NYer and we had the fucking thing that won (I refuse to call him "who") being from HERE and we rejected his ass. We chose the carpetbagger over him. The POLICIES show me how to vote, period. I'm sick of this bullshit from certain parts of the country where they need attention from mommy or daddy. Just fucking vote based on the reality of who you are and whether or not you have a modicum of decency. Here's a hint: You're most likely NOT a Koch or a Mercer or a DeVos/Prince, so you have no business voting Republican when you can't afford to be one. Your skin color is meaningless if the color green is hard to find in your pocket. You have no right using the term "pulling up your bootstraps" and voting Republican when your mooching ass is getting subsidies from the govt. You have no right talking about the coasts being the ones in the bubble when you hate people who are different based on virtually no exposure to them unlike people on the coasts. What I dislike about the midwest and the south is the audacity to vote Republican when it's mostly blue states keeping the god damned country afloat. It disgusts me to no end that the fucking senator from KY - a taker state- is the head of the Senate and gets to make decisions for those of us who actually pay for the upkeep.

I'm pretty well-off between family and business and I could do just fine in a GOP world. Here's the thing: I loathe racism and bigotry and prejudice because as a NYer, I've been exposed to good and bad in every form. The idea of outright prejudice as policy is disgusting to me. I also believe in a woman's right to choose. I also believe that if you want to live in a civilized society, you actually have to PAY for it, not simply take from it. The clean water coming out of my faucets need to be maintained and that requires MONEY. The friggin bridges not collapsing as I cross them requires MONEY. When I get old, I need qualified professionals to help me - that requires MONEY for schools/education. If you don't believe in paying it forward and you vote based on hate and hurt feewings over a politician not coming to your town, then you deserve what you get. The problem is you take the rest of us down with you.

by Anonymousreply 55March 28, 2019 12:49 AM

Also in regard to the housing crisis:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 28, 2019 12:53 AM

Well the fact of the matter is the voters like to see the candidate come to their home state area. If you're not willing or able to do that then you shouldn't be running. Plus it just shows your arrogance. How dare those flyovers expect a candidate make their case. Do they know we know what's best for them? I don't think you loathe prejudice as much as you think you do.

by Anonymousreply 57March 28, 2019 12:53 AM

R57, "flyover" is not a race/religion/sexuality/gender, so it isn't prejudice. If a politician who is clearly pushing policies in your interest doesn't show up, that doesn't mean you throw a hissy fit and vote for the guy who is about to fuck you over. Cutting off your nose to spite your face, is no way to vote.

by Anonymousreply 58March 28, 2019 12:58 AM

propaganda. walk forward. don't buy insanity.

by Anonymousreply 59March 28, 2019 1:00 AM

scarborough is the turd in the punchbowl, his bad mojo/vibes jinx the whole network,

git wise and fire his fat ass

by Anonymousreply 60March 28, 2019 1:04 AM

What else is on while m joe is on, I cant in good conscience watch it anymore.....murder she wrote?

by Anonymousreply 61March 28, 2019 1:06 AM

So Donald Trump retweeted Glenn Greenwald today on the Twitter machine.

That's how insane this alt-right/alt-left connection has become. A union Russia has been exploiting with great success.

by Anonymousreply 62March 28, 2019 1:07 AM

[quote] "flyover" is not a race/religion/sexuality/gender - , so it isn't prejudice.

What an ignorant statement.

by Anonymousreply 63March 28, 2019 1:09 AM

Except it's actually true, R63. Someone simply being from the midwest is not being discriminated against because an employer put up a sign saying "No Jews or Ohioans Need Apply." How silly are you that you think calling out people from the Midwest who vote based on whether or not a politician shows up, is the same as following around a black person in a store.

by Anonymousreply 64March 28, 2019 1:11 AM

That's very interesting, R62. Context?

by Anonymousreply 65March 28, 2019 1:12 AM

I was going to correct him R63 but I just couldn't be bothered. He is after all my better.

by Anonymousreply 66March 28, 2019 1:12 AM

[quote]That's very interesting, [R62]. Context?

Glennnnnn has been furiously tweeting "THIS TOTES EXONERATES THE PRESIDENT OMG OMG OMG!" posts all fucking week.

by Anonymousreply 67March 28, 2019 1:16 AM

Sean Hannity is reading Maddow to filth right at this very moment. It’s funny as fuck!

And now he’s having Trump on live.

Hannity = 👍

by Anonymousreply 68March 28, 2019 1:16 AM

Oh please, it's not about being "better," R66. It's about looking at the bigger picture. Either you believe in policies or you don't. I have family in the Midwest and we don't even discuss politics because I get a headache from the hypocrisy they exhibit. To vote based on whether or not a politician shows up and knowing that the one who did show up will in no way, shape or form benefit you as a middle class or low income citizen, but you vote for them just because they showed up, is simply preposterous.

R68, maybe switch to potato chips because the lead chips are clearly bad for you.

by Anonymousreply 69March 28, 2019 1:18 AM

[quote]I've actually had my TV turned off since Monday. night It's too depressing to contemplate

Same here, I was so disgusted when the news hit that I tuned out.

I betcha a lot of Maddow's viewership felt and did the same, hence the plunge.

by Anonymousreply 70March 28, 2019 1:43 AM

“Flyover” most certainly has become a negative connotations used in the context of liberal political labels

TOP DEFINITION

flyoflyover states you might fly over during a plane ride from the east to west coast of the U.S.A. generally the midwest. a flyover has the characteristics of an 'average joe.' los angeles citizen #1: "i hear dillon watches that show "seventh heaven".. los angeles citizen #2: "wow. what a flyover.."

flyover A slang term for those unimportant people whose opinions do not matter because they do not live on one of the coasts. Common condescending comment by those not living in Boston to DC belt or Seattle to San Diego Strip. Hillary Clinton on defending her husband Bill for not being in the the service during the Vietnam war. "The only people who died in Vietnam were flyovers so no great loss."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 28, 2019 2:26 AM

Greying and shutting down the thread is not going to hide the truth.

by Anonymousreply 72March 28, 2019 2:41 AM

CNN has long shifted their coverage to 2020.

by Anonymousreply 73March 28, 2019 2:45 AM

[quote] knowing that the one who did show up will in no way, shape or form benefit you as a middle class or low income citizen

Sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 28, 2019 2:47 AM

The trolls, the trolls. You all must be getting paid your tiny sum per post. Will it buy you that next bottle of cheap vodka? It's all you guys have in the shithole that is Russher.

Using that tired old "flyover, coastal elites hate us" bullshit doesn't work. It is a WAY OVERUSED talking point.

There are plenty of liberals in the middle part of the country. In fact, we kind of own the Midwest. We are owning the West and about to own the Southwest completely. We are making huge strides in Texas. Your side owns states where pretty much cow outnumber people. Congrats.

by Anonymousreply 75March 28, 2019 2:57 AM

Another person who stopped watching TV after what ever the hell report Barr sent out. It felt great to go cold turkey. Been working on my garden and it looks terrific.

by Anonymousreply 76March 28, 2019 3:02 AM

R47 You are aware that the SPLC is currently imploding, with many former employees accusing it of being nothing more than a shakedown operation, that surprising to a lot of people, had problems with racism, sexism and homphobia, inside its own operation.

by Anonymousreply 77March 28, 2019 3:03 AM

Those ratings are going to shoot back up and get even higher. The full Mueller report hasn't been released, and it's going to tell a different story than the Barr summary.

And Trump is too stupid to give himself even 24 hours for a momentary positive news day.

He has since announced that he wants the courts to overturn Obamacare — despite the Supreme Court upholding it, and him being rebuffed by Congress again and again — and throw 21 million people off health insurance. JUST BECAUSE.

And his dumbshit anti-education billionaire Eva Braun, Betsy DeVos, announced she wants to COMPLETELY defund the Special Olympics.

Very smart! These people are pure, unadulterated evil. Absolutely gratuitous sadists.

by Anonymousreply 78March 28, 2019 3:07 AM

[quote]Greying and shutting down the thread is not going to hide the truth.

Neither is trying to pass off GOP talking points in place of the Mueller report.

If President Shitferbrains has nothing to hide, release the report. Barr's "summary" is a coverup.

by Anonymousreply 79March 28, 2019 3:10 AM

R77

I assume you are being funny, because no “liberal” websites have covered the debacle at SPLC.

The vast majority don’t even know that the three highest ranking officials in the organization resigned because of malfeasance, and have been accused, credibly, of a pattern of racist, sexist and homophobic behavior.

That quarter billion dollars in offshore money will come in handy when they need it.

by Anonymousreply 80March 28, 2019 3:14 AM

I mean, holy heck, in a few days these psychopaths announce they want to kick 25-30 million people off insurance AND defund the SPECIAL FUCKING OLYMPICS!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAAAAAAT? I mean, WHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTT????????????

Jesus would be proud? Party of God?

If you do believe in Jesus and God and you vote for a party so antithetical to what the Christ in Christians is all about you're really a Paulist at heart. And you're evil.

by Anonymousreply 81March 28, 2019 3:18 AM

[quote] I haven’t watched any cable “news” or any TV news at all, for that matter, since Barr released his 4 page piece

[quote] The denial is that deep, eh?

So, you only read the first sentence. Didn’t bother to see the “I don’t need to see someone parse Barr’s letter 1,000 times.” Because that’s all there is right now and it’s been gett8ng beaten to death.

Let congress subpoena Mueller. THAT, I’ll watch.

by Anonymousreply 82March 28, 2019 3:20 AM

[quote] But it was hard, for many of us, not to feel like we’d become pawns in what was, in many respects, a highly profitable scam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83March 28, 2019 3:26 AM

Posting Cable TV ratings is a GOP talking point, R79?

by Anonymousreply 84March 28, 2019 3:29 AM

[quote] Barr's "summary" is a coverup.

Isn't that what Joy Reid is trying to push now?

Why should anyone listen to her after it's been revealed she's been lying to us for two years?

by Anonymousreply 85March 28, 2019 3:34 AM

Chris Cuomo and Van Jones both warned the Mueller report wouldn't be explosive and that Russiagate was not as big as hyped.

MSNCIA really went all in with Malcolm Nance and others. Never thought I'd see the day when liberals would be hailing the intelligence community (FBI,CIA) and their word as gospel

by Anonymousreply 86March 28, 2019 3:40 AM

The goal post keeps getting moved to save face. Now they stop mentioning collusion. The word they're searching for now is obstruction.

None of this cherry picking is smart politics. We need to take this Mueller disappointment on the chin and keep it moving instead of dwelling on this. We should be discussing real damning stories on Trump and his policies.

Why aren't we hearing more about the 1,000 people dead from the cyclone in Africa, the annexation of Golan Heights to Israel, the struggling farmers from the floods in the Midwest, and Trump trying to get rid of Obamacare? This is what needs to be the main focus of our news not 24 hour speculation by pundits and experts on what the full undisclosed Mueller report PROBABLY says.

by Anonymousreply 87March 28, 2019 3:46 AM

R79 You realize, Trump has called for the release of the full report. The Attorney General has to abide by the law, which means he has to protect the secrecy of grand jury proceedings, therefore certain parts of the report must be redacted. The Starr Report was treated differently because it was prepared by an Independent Council, which had to submit their report to Congress. The law governing Independent Councils ,was allowed to lapse, thanks to bipartisan agreement after the Clinton impeachment. Which means we now have Special Prosecutors who submit their reports to the AG, who then decides what to release and when.

by Anonymousreply 88March 28, 2019 3:46 AM

𝑷𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏. 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 28, 2019 4:21 AM

R86

Liberals aren’t.

They don’t care about facts, or the involvement of government intelligence operatives in the “creation” of those “facts”.

MSNBCIA is perfect!

CIA operatives have been HEAVILY involved with Facebook & Google since they were nascent.

by Anonymousreply 90March 28, 2019 4:36 AM

We've gotten clips of Maddow's show on our Channels Plus station for years and I watch them often enough to know she covers plenty that had nothing to do with the Russian collusion.

by Anonymousreply 91March 28, 2019 4:58 AM

[quote] she covers plenty that had nothing to do with the Russian collusion

Yep

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 28, 2019 4:59 AM

[quote][R47] You are aware that the SPLC is currently imploding, with many former employees accusing it of being nothing more than a shakedown operation, that surprising to a lot of people, had problems with racism, sexism and homphobia, inside its own operation.

What do you think? Without even addressing the contagion on our college campuses., could you at least make yourself presentable and address the problem at hand? If the problem at hand for you is the SPLC, you have numerous regulatory options from either State or Federal authorities, right? You sound accused and very, super Dodgy -- "Dodgy Finger"

by Anonymousreply 93March 28, 2019 5:16 AM

even comey said it was bozo of mueller to not stand up and say there was shit on the prez' hands. to punt to barr to decide, is pitiful.

why mueller such a puss?

2 yrs....and zero.

damn

by Anonymousreply 94March 28, 2019 5:33 AM

You can say that again, what a waste of time is he....

by Anonymousreply 95March 28, 2019 6:03 AM

Mueller is a pussy, and that pussy SMELLS.

by Anonymousreply 96March 28, 2019 6:25 AM

R3 Glenn Beck turned into a supporter of Black Lives Matter and Michelle Obama

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 28, 2019 6:36 AM

I had to avoid all of the news shows for a few days. I watched again for the first time tonight just like a million others. Bye trolls. Onto your next fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 98March 28, 2019 6:42 AM

Love MSNBC, love Rachael, Nicole, Chris, Chris, Lawrence and Brian. And they are the only ones I trust who will keep up the fight against the most corrupt administration ever.

by Anonymousreply 99March 28, 2019 7:50 AM

Good times and bum times, I've seen them all And, my dear, I'm still here

by Anonymousreply 100March 28, 2019 9:13 AM

[quote] even comey said it was bozo of mueller to not stand up and say there was shit on the prez' hands.

We’re supposed to listen to Comey to retard now?

by Anonymousreply 101March 28, 2019 1:26 PM

[quote] even comey said it was bozo of mueller to not stand up and say there was shit on the prez' hands.

We’re supposed to listen to Comey the retard now?

by Anonymousreply 102March 28, 2019 1:27 PM

The trend continues.

CABLE NEWS RACE WED., MARCH 27, 2019

FOXNEWS HANNITY 4,303,000

FOXNEWS TUCKER 3,485,000

FOXNEWS INGRAHAM 3,268,000

MSNBC MADDOW 2,678,000

FOXNEWS THE FIVE 2,640,000

FOXNEWS BAIER 2,179,000

MSNBC O'DONNELL 2,069,000

MSNBC HAYES 1,674,000

MSNBC HARDBALL 1,465,000

CNN CUOMO 900,000

CNN COOPER 865,000

by Anonymousreply 103March 28, 2019 10:00 PM

MSNBC lost credibility over Russiagate

by Anonymousreply 104March 28, 2019 10:12 PM

I didn't think there were 900,000 airports in the world. Is CNN on at gyms too?

by Anonymousreply 105March 28, 2019 10:32 PM

😂 R105

by Anonymousreply 106March 29, 2019 2:37 AM

Lol @ r99

Some people are seriously stupid.

by Anonymousreply 107March 29, 2019 4:36 AM

R104

Every mainstream news source that reported on Russia and Trump without critical examination is now discredited.

Good.

The mainstream media doesn’t report facts, it parrots propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 108March 29, 2019 4:38 AM

how far down down the list is morn joe blow

by Anonymousreply 109March 29, 2019 4:52 AM

Me too, I also just couldn't take the news/cable media this week after the mueller report. I'm both surprised and understanding that so many of us had this reaction. On Monday I thought to myself that it kind of felt like the day after Trump was elected (not that bad obviously, but the feeling of "ok, is the universe totally off it's axis or am I wrong in MY thinking?!!). So I turned it all off, especially because I refuse to engage with republicans crowing with smug, shit-eating grins saying "I told you so!!"

I hope some news damaging to Trump happens soon... we need a win.

by Anonymousreply 110March 29, 2019 5:18 AM

“ok, is the universe totally off it's axis or am I wrong in MY thinking?”

The latter.

Anyone who actually looked at the facts about Russia and Trump knew that this was bullshit two years ago. I cannot believe how gullible people can be when they are confronted with facts that don’t fit their narrative.

There are hundreds of things that President Trump has done that could be used to attack him, but Russia was convenient.

It has now backfired, and ensures his re-election.

by Anonymousreply 111March 29, 2019 5:36 AM

R110, you don't need something personally damaging to Trump.

We need to report on the personal damage Trump is doing to Americans.

The "gotcha" focus of the news is exactly why I fear R will be re elected. 2016 should let us know we overfocused so much on the personal instead of explaining the policy.

We know Trump is a scumbag/piece of shit. His supporters do too. They support him for his policies though (immigration and taxes primarily).

Democrats need to focus more on attack on Trump policy over personal attacks.

Research shows Americans typically don't like when a President is getting personally smeared. Clinton, Bush, and Obama got re-elected partly because their supporters got even more loyal due to the character assasination from the opposition.

From now till 2020, we need to focus on slamming Trump policy and highlighting the personal suffering it's causing to Americans

by Anonymousreply 112March 29, 2019 5:49 AM

desparate to stay on the air, willie geist will now be appearing on m joe wearing only his Maidenform bra....

by Anonymousreply 113March 29, 2019 6:19 AM

There are been studies done that say you are actually LESS informed on basic issues the more cable news you watch. That goes for Fox as well, but it may be even higher for MSNBC.

In this case it was true... had people simply used their own critical faculties, they would have avoided all of this pain and depression.

by Anonymousreply 114March 29, 2019 11:45 AM

[quote] Me too, I also just couldn't take the news/cable media this week after the mueller report.

It's fascinating so many people react this way. They eagerly tune in for propaganda, then turn off the TV after the facts are revealed. Then they wonder if it is actually the universe that is wrong.

Why aren't people more angry at MSNBC?

by Anonymousreply 115March 29, 2019 11:50 AM

joe scab's face is bright red into the 3rd hour, is he pounding gin at this time of day? maybe his blood pressure is up gain. is it the jjinx of the dead intern????

by Anonymousreply 116March 29, 2019 12:58 PM

[quote]Glenn Beck turned into a supporter of Black Lives Matter and Michelle Obama

Yeah, that didn't work for him (read: didn't make him money). He's now all in with the Trumpistas:

Blaze Media's Glenn Beck in an interview Monday with Fox News's Sean Hannity said if President Trump and the GOP lose in 2020, "we are officially at the end of the country as we know it."

In his remarks, Beck painted the picture of socialists, anarchists and "Islamists" working together to take down not only the United States but Europe as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117March 29, 2019 1:12 PM

R117 Damn, is Glenn Beck trying to be the next Colonel Sanders, for KFC?

by Anonymousreply 118March 29, 2019 7:40 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 119April 14, 2019 1:33 PM

Al Sharpton needs to go, right after Chuck Todd.

by Anonymousreply 120April 14, 2019 9:50 PM

or perhaps MSNBC could stop bullshitting their audience

by Anonymousreply 121April 15, 2019 12:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!