Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Yellow teeth

Why don't they do something about it? Robert Mueller and William Barr have yellow teeth. Barr's are really disgusting. There are some commentators on TV that have yellow teeth too. Ari Melber finally whitened his. I'm not saying they have to be bleach white.

by Anonymousreply 213April 25, 2019 10:56 AM

What is the TV personality teeth whitening regimen? Surely professional treatments, but what kind specifically?

White strips only do so much.

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2019 11:12 PM

Britney's teeth are freakishly white. I want that.

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2019 11:15 PM

I had mine done years ago by a dentist R1. He was even amazed at how much my teeth had whitened up. I just remember it being kinda like a jell that you put in a mouth guard.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2019 11:16 PM

*gel

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2019 11:17 PM

Ain't enough bleach in the world to clean up Barr.

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2019 11:25 PM

I hate super Duper white teeth! They look so fake! Your teeth are supposed to be off-white.

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2019 11:49 PM

"Off white?" Um, no. Anyone without white teeth is gross. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2019 11:52 PM

They probably drink a lot of coffee and/or smoke.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2019 11:52 PM

Invest in the best veneers pesos can buy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2019 11:55 PM

If you have thin enamel your teeth will look yellow. From what I have heard a lot of these toothpaste with whitening are too harsh and harming the enamel.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2019 12:02 AM

Yellowing teeth in older individuals is less staining than thinning if the enamel. The dentin of the tooth shows through there is no bleach in the world that will restore enamel. At this point the only option is caps, veneers, implants or dentures, or tooth paint (which looks stupid.)

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2019 12:03 AM

bad filters...seriously

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2019 12:05 AM

Is there anything you can do to prevent enamel thinning R11?

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2019 12:06 AM

^^^Stay young

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2019 12:10 AM

Partner has grey teeth. All of his enamel are gone,

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2019 12:14 AM

Live fast and die young - with white teeth!

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2019 12:15 AM

Veneers are between $500 - $1900 per tooth. I didn't realize they were so expensive.

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2019 12:18 AM

Not everyone can be a Kardashian!

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2019 12:19 AM

GRONK WHITEN TEEF!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 26, 2019 12:34 AM

I lost my front tooth at age 7 in 1960. Needless to say the replacement was very ugly. It was made of gold. I suffered through that issue for many years and about 15 years ago I have all the teeth that showed capped with white teeth and I love it. It cost a bunch but so what. Also, I was told the reason I didn't have white teeth like they do today is the vitamins that my mother took for pregnancy and fluoride added to public water that helps with tooth decay.

by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2019 12:44 AM

On the Internet, no one knows that I have yellow teeth

by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2019 12:45 AM

That's interesting R20.

by Anonymousreply 22March 26, 2019 12:48 AM

My teeth are permanently stained from tetracycline given to me as an infant. I have twice worked with dentists to try different bleaching regimens. The stains are not on the outside of the teeth, so the bleaching did nothing but begin to make them translucent which was nothing but weird. That reversed after I stopped bleaching. But blecccch.

However, this eldergay has only had two cavities. Ever. I can live with the stains.

by Anonymousreply 23March 26, 2019 1:05 AM

my teeth are yellow-ish and i brush/floss twice a day. Yellow teeth are natural.

by Anonymousreply 24March 26, 2019 1:08 AM

Anytime I’ve tried whitening my teeth I’ve had horrible nerve pain. So I’m resigned to less-than-white teeth.

by Anonymousreply 25March 26, 2019 1:13 AM

My teeth could use whitening but I'm not fat and I have a nice dick so I guess things could be much, much, much worse. :)

by Anonymousreply 26March 26, 2019 1:16 AM

I had a kid ask me why my teeth were yellow. That's when I decided to get them whitened.

by Anonymousreply 27March 26, 2019 1:17 AM

No way I'd live with discolored or misshapen teeth. I dropped over fifty thou for crowns and veneers five years ago and it was the best decision I ever made. Bottom teeth are crowned and tops are veneered. I went to Sam Muslin in Santa Monica. He did Jane Fonda and a zillion other celebs. My teeth are perfect--the perfect shape and the perfect shade. Not so white that they glow but white enough that I get at least three compliments a day. Like I said, it was the best decision I've ever made. Other than getting my MBA. I couldn't have paid for the teeth without the MBA!

by Anonymousreply 28March 26, 2019 1:18 AM

Charcoal powder works naturally vs whitestripes and the like

by Anonymousreply 29March 26, 2019 1:23 AM

I went to his site R28. Obviously that is more than what a regular dentist would do. The dental implants for the one woman looked like individual implants.

by Anonymousreply 30March 26, 2019 1:26 AM

I'll be the first to admit that he's much more costly than others but he is talented beyond words, R30. And very nice too.

by Anonymousreply 31March 26, 2019 1:30 AM

I hadn't even thought how much your mouth, jaw and teeth change over time. For some people what he does looks like it would be a better investment than a facelift.

by Anonymousreply 32March 26, 2019 1:33 AM

R28 Is there a life-span on the crowns and veneers, or are they pretty much permanent (if you take good care of your teeth)?

by Anonymousreply 33March 26, 2019 1:34 AM

I'm not going to subject myself to nerve pain or enamel erosion to get brilliantly white teeth.

by Anonymousreply 34March 26, 2019 1:37 AM

I have yellow teeth but I am so fat that nobody can see them when I smile anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 26, 2019 1:40 AM

Jesus, R28, that's an insane amount. I had all that done for 21k in DC suburbs. Same guy who does all the talking heads and politicians.

by Anonymousreply 36March 26, 2019 1:40 AM

While I was fucking my pillow-biting ex, he bit the pillow so hard it popped off his two front veneers. That cost a bundle to fix.

So, if you are a committed bottom, no veneers for you!

by Anonymousreply 37March 26, 2019 1:46 AM

Or no biting pillows.

by Anonymousreply 38March 26, 2019 1:48 AM

Senatrix Graham has ugly colored teeth too. Probably stained from human bile from eating scat.

by Anonymousreply 39March 26, 2019 1:50 AM

You can get tooth bonding. Far more effective than whitening especially for older teeth. WAY less expensive than veneers. About 1/10th of the price. It is amazing what they can do for misshapen teeth too. You want to find a really good cosmetic dentist though, not just a general dentist, as bonding is an art form.

by Anonymousreply 40March 26, 2019 1:55 AM

R17 - “Veneers are between $500 - $1900 per tooth. I didn't realize they were so expensive.”

They’re really not if you go outside the U.S. to have the work done.

by Anonymousreply 41March 26, 2019 1:56 AM

R40 I hear that bonding doesn't last that long....the bonding can pop off at any time from chewing something as innocuous as a piece of bread. Is that true?

by Anonymousreply 42March 26, 2019 1:57 AM

R29, is there a good charcoal powder you would recommend?

by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2019 2:18 AM

I wanted to get tooth bonding and the dentist told a few gaps are the least of my worries :/

by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2019 2:18 AM

I also asked my dentist about tooth bonding. My two front teeth have slowly moved apart a small amount. She recommended Invisalign, veneers, and then bonding as a last choice. Invisalign seems drastic if all I’m trying to correct is a small gap. Frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2019 2:24 AM

My dentist advised against tooth whitening procedures.

by Anonymousreply 46March 26, 2019 2:40 AM

[quote]I hear that bonding doesn't last that long....the bonding can pop off at any time from chewing something as innocuous as a piece of bread. Is that true?

I had my front teeth bonded about 7 years ago and I've never had any problems.

by Anonymousreply 47March 26, 2019 3:10 AM

[quote] R24: Yellow teeth are natural.

R24, so are mumps and constipation. Bleach your teeth. You’ll be glad you did.

by Anonymousreply 48March 26, 2019 3:15 AM

I went to a party in Palm Springs and the only two people there with a crappy car also were the only ones with yellow teeth.

by Anonymousreply 49March 26, 2019 3:19 AM

Because by the time you are 40 your teeth are not white.

If you were bald and wore a toupee or were 60 and had black hair you'd all be bitching

by Anonymousreply 50March 26, 2019 3:57 AM

I tried whitening some teeth as well and the pain was excruciating which surprised the dentist. I have weak teeth, tons of crowns, root canals bridges, braces, and implants. Still, I'd go with veneers if I had the dough.

by Anonymousreply 51March 26, 2019 4:27 AM

I tried whitening strips a couple of times and the pain was excruciating. Like, I had to take four Advil and lie down kind of excruciating.

by Anonymousreply 52March 26, 2019 5:04 AM

dirty nasty cig smokers

ugh

by Anonymousreply 53March 26, 2019 5:05 AM

Lots of non-smokers have yellow teeth too.

by Anonymousreply 54March 26, 2019 5:11 AM

cancer in their future alas....

by Anonymousreply 55March 26, 2019 5:14 AM

I haven't seen anyone say it was just smokers R54. I always assumed yellow teeth were from smokers or coffee/tea drinkers. I did not know as we age we lose enamel and our teeth will look yellow or grey. It never occurred to me that whitening your teeth could be painful. I was a bucktooth kid that had braces. After braces I had gorgeous teeth that I did not take care of and am not paying the price. There are so many options today, but it is out of reach for many people. What is frustrating is your oral health does affect your physical health and yet insurance pays so little for your teeth.

by Anonymousreply 56March 26, 2019 5:40 AM

its usually cig smoke that makes em yellow.....habit of morons.

by Anonymousreply 57March 26, 2019 5:45 AM

As has been pointed out R57 you are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 58March 26, 2019 5:47 AM

Some celebrities must have gotten their veneers on the cheap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 26, 2019 6:04 AM

R7, You are wrong. White, actual white, is the rarity (I knew a girl in high school with pure white teeth).

by Anonymousreply 60March 26, 2019 6:11 AM

don't use charcoal on your teeth. it will wear away the enamel.....do some research on the net.

by Anonymousreply 61March 26, 2019 6:18 AM

Because of whitening products I think we have become overwhelmed with what is natural white teeth R60? Actually your teeth are translucent and either show a grey or yellow undertone. As we age our teeth change color through environmental or organic.

by Anonymousreply 62March 26, 2019 6:18 AM

I've heard that too R61. Anything that will strip the enamel is bad for your teeth. I was surprised to learn gargling with salt water can be harmful to your teeth if you do it too often.

by Anonymousreply 63March 26, 2019 6:21 AM

Anyone who brushes with medium or firm bristles risks losing more enamel than average, and will end up with teeth that look as if they are nicotine-stained. Sorry, fellow non-smokers: unless you all have been using soft bristles most of your lives and didn’t brush too soon after drinking or eating acidic beverages or food, you’ll soon end up with yellow-looking teeth that no bleach will fix, as the translucent enamel, when thinned, reveals the brownish dentin beneath.

by Anonymousreply 64March 26, 2019 6:26 AM

R52, Please expound. Why was there pain with the strips?

I am an old never-smoker with yellow teeth. But most of my life, as r64 mentions, I used hard bristles, mistakenly viewing them as superior.

I tried the whitening process that requires a hardening gel smeared on the teeth and palate to get a form, but the hardening made me feel like I was choking so I frantically scraped it all out, bloodying my palate and scaring my dentist!

I bought charcoal powder but thankfully read enough so as not to use it!

I should just move to England.

by Anonymousreply 65March 26, 2019 6:37 AM

The idea that white-white teeth are normal and healthy is wrong, and they also don't look good. They look like you have a mouth full of false teeth, which you probably do. The whitening products also weaken your teeth. So, if you want healthy, normal looking teeth, lay off all that stuff and recognize that you're being fooled by companies and dentists try to sell you stuff you don't need.

by Anonymousreply 66March 26, 2019 6:55 AM

[quote]Please expound. Why was there pain with the strips?

I'm the poster from above. It was horrible pain on the tooth/gum line in my front teeth, esp. the uppers. The white strips must've been too much for the nerve endings. I also can't bite into any cold foods, such as ice cream, because it causes awful pain in my front teeth.

by Anonymousreply 67March 26, 2019 12:32 PM

Is it on par with anal bleaching?

by Anonymousreply 68March 26, 2019 7:24 PM

Multiple dentists have told me whitening is bad for my teeth. And veneers and most other procedures require damaging teeth. The obsession with whitening teeth is in direct contradiction to healthy teeth as you age.

Sure - would love pearly white teeth. But not at the expense of losing my teeth and requiring implants or dentures in old age. It’s not like Botox or Dermabrasion. It’s a cosmetic procedure that damages the thing you are trying to make look “healthier”.

by Anonymousreply 69March 26, 2019 8:51 PM

Move to England, I like that idea. I'm not looking forward to a life full of fillings and root canals, whitening, caps, piecemeal extractions, implants and god knows what else. I'm 30 and I really want to just get dentures and be done with the lot of it.

by Anonymousreply 70March 26, 2019 8:59 PM

Natural teeth come in 3 colors - pearlescent pink, pearlescent grey, and pearlescent yellow. Very light shades, of course, when healthy and natural. The tooth whitening craze started because on air and movie personalities started whitening their teeth to look good on camera. Corporations smelled money and a whitening industry sprang up in response to our celebrity culture. In person, most famous people's teeth look like blindingly white Chiclets - assuming you're looking at the 'factory installed' set (way too many have full veneers these days). If you don't smoke, then whitening toothpastes and mouthwashes should keep them healthy. They will darken as you age - worry about professional whitening then, because once you damage the surface enamel, you can't get it back.

Occasionally swishing some hydrogen peroxide in your mouth helps. My dad is 74 and has all of his own teeth, and his gums are in great shape. He taught me that trick. My grandmother is 93 and has all of her own teeth except a 2-tooth partial denture. She does it too.

by Anonymousreply 71March 26, 2019 9:07 PM

I'm actually getting zoom in a few weeks. I heard it hurts like helll though. White strips didn't work at all for me, nor did pharmacy products with the trays. My friend tried the trays from the dentist and said they didn't work for her. Bleaching doesn't work for some people. However, if I was on tv everyday and bleaching wasn't effective, I'd get the veneers. Lena Dunham is another one with yellowing teeth.

by Anonymousreply 72March 26, 2019 9:16 PM

The new dentist I went to recently gave me a free at-home bleaching kit.

by Anonymousreply 73March 26, 2019 9:28 PM

R72 - none of the whitening products worked for me either. I think it’s due to the enamel issues mentioned above. I’ve just accepted that my teeth won’t be white. At least it gives me a reason to look forward to getting dentures in old age.

by Anonymousreply 74March 26, 2019 9:30 PM

In space, no one can see your teeth.

by Anonymousreply 75March 26, 2019 9:43 PM

Definitely the celeb culture. Everybody in the public eye has veneers these days, people who are just starting out in the entertainment industry who aren't even famous get their teeth done, it's one of the first things they're told to do if they want to work. Nobody has natural teeth anymore.

by Anonymousreply 76March 26, 2019 10:36 PM

If you knew how uncomfortable dentures are R74 you wouldn't be looking forward to them. Things have really changed in dentistry over the last 20-30 years. I suspect in the future there were be a way to grow teeth if you lose one. Looks like teeth are a genetic lottery. Some people have said they took very good care of their teeth and still have problems.

by Anonymousreply 77March 26, 2019 10:42 PM

My understanding is veneers require chipping away part of your actual teeth to install veneers. That seems like a sick thing to do. Would take a huge amount of vanity to do that.

by Anonymousreply 78March 27, 2019 2:00 AM

Yes r78, google "Lindsey Lohan no veneers".

I have naturally white teeth, but I drink a crapton of tea. I use the whitening strips maybe 4x a year for about a week- every other day, only for 15 mins, otherwise my teeth will hurt. The one time I was diligent enough to do it for 2 weeks, dentists were coming up to me and asking me what whitening system I was using.

by Anonymousreply 79March 27, 2019 2:10 AM

R78 Yes, they shave your real teeth all the way down, that way there’s enough room for the veneers. I had inquired with a previous dentist and he said try to keep your original teeth as long as possible.

by Anonymousreply 80March 27, 2019 2:12 AM

People with naturally weak teeth either had bad nutrition as children or the water they were drinking wasn't fluoridated. My dentist told me that ever since people started drinking bottled water, she's been noticing that her teen clients have terrible teeth because if you don't get enough fluoride in you when you're in your youth, the window closes.

People who grew up drinking green tea (natural fluoride) or in place where the ground water has a lot of fluoride have stronger-than-shit teeth.

My father--now 60--used to have the most beautiful teeth, no braces, no nothing. Twenty years of cigar smoking has completely fucking ruined them.

by Anonymousreply 81March 27, 2019 2:17 AM

I feel hopeless. 48 and my teeth are yellow. Whit enigma strips, dentist overnight whitening paste in mouth guard and office cleaning just didn’t make a difference. Apparently thin enamel. I will not destroy my teeth to get veneers. So I’m stuck with yellow teeth. I’ve just had to give up my ego and accept this as part of aging. More important I have teeth than that they be pearly white.

by Anonymousreply 82March 27, 2019 2:26 AM

^whitening strips (not whit enigma- ugh)

by Anonymousreply 83March 27, 2019 2:27 AM

I'm more concerned about receding gums. Is there anything that can be done?

by Anonymousreply 84March 27, 2019 2:32 AM

R84 floss and gum grafting

by Anonymousreply 85March 27, 2019 2:35 AM

You can get fluoride treatments at dentist offices. I get it every cleaning. Most insurance doesn’t pay for it but it was much cheaper than fillings.

by Anonymousreply 86March 27, 2019 2:48 AM

As we age, our teeth lose enamel and can become sensitive to hot and cold food and liquid.

Anyone have luck with Sensodyne toothpaste or other products to remineralize the enamel?

by Anonymousreply 87March 27, 2019 2:50 AM

The life of gay teeth: bleach while young, veneers at 40, implants at 60.

by Anonymousreply 88March 27, 2019 2:51 AM

The activated charcoal/coconut oil powder works just as well as whitestiripes sans pain, but makes a mess.

by Anonymousreply 89March 27, 2019 2:57 AM

Has anyone done the laser whitening?

by Anonymousreply 90March 27, 2019 2:58 AM

[quote]The activated charcoal/coconut oil powder works just as well as whitestiripes sans pain, but makes a mess.

The charcoal hurt my teeth, believe it or not.

by Anonymousreply 91March 27, 2019 3:04 AM

DL'ers are fat and old. No one cares about your mouths. No one is going to fuck you regardless of your teeth.

by Anonymousreply 92March 27, 2019 3:05 AM

The dentist has some sort of super fluoride treatment, but they only use it in dire cases. (My mother had a friend whose teeth were literally all falling out, and she wasn't yet 60. The fluoride helped somewhat.)

I mean, in general--cut out the sugar, eat less acidy foods. (If you're going to continue with the acidic foods, rinse your mouth with tap water after eating/drinking.)

Baking soda in water (a little) if you let it sit in your mouth for a bit will neutralize the bacteria that eat enamel. (But don't gargle or swish--because then the baking soda particles become like little sand blasters against your teeth.)

FLOSS.

Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft tooth brush.

Make sure you're getting your vitamins--magnesium, d, calcium.

by Anonymousreply 93March 27, 2019 3:13 AM

Didn't it come out that fluoride isn't as healthy for your teeth as had been promoted?

by Anonymousreply 94March 27, 2019 3:14 AM

It's healthy for your teeth, it's not necessarily healthy for your body (in excessive amounts).

Also, way back when people drank well water, there were parts of the country where people ingesting too much fluoride had brown teeth--BUT those teeth were strong and cavity-free for a life time.

Moderation in all things.

by Anonymousreply 95March 27, 2019 3:20 AM

Google says veneers last about 10 years on average. So not only do you pay that huge sum upfront, but they require replacement every decade or so too? That seems insane, especially for a younger person.

by Anonymousreply 96March 27, 2019 3:22 AM

But what is the alternative R96?

by Anonymousreply 97March 27, 2019 3:23 AM

Maybe therapy to get over insecurities with one's appearance? Or if it's really a huge issue, maybe dental tourism, assuming quality will probably be less.

Unless you have a very high paying career in front of a camera, I find it difficult to justify that kind of expense for something that will require ongoing, expensive maintenance over a lifetime.

For the average person, bleaching treatments seem to be a good option even if the results are perceived as modest. White teeth are not normal though people have been conditioned to think they are (think of that ridiculous "tissue test" commercial for white strips).

by Anonymousreply 98March 27, 2019 3:30 AM

I know some people who rave about the work they had done in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 99March 27, 2019 3:31 AM

If you have problems R99 what is the guarantee?

by Anonymousreply 100March 27, 2019 3:33 AM

R100, I guess that depends on the kind of work you're having. There are websites where people give each other recommendations and things. I would check there first if this is something you're considering.

by Anonymousreply 101March 27, 2019 3:36 AM

R101 I had beautiful teeth. Braces paid for by my mom. Unfortunately I didn't take care of them and now in the middle of dealing with bone loss. Thank goodness for the internet, as I was able research my options and find a dentist that is in the cutting edge of technology. These commercials you keep seeing, Clear Choice, avoid them at all cost as there are alternatives that are less expensive and less expensive to maintain.

by Anonymousreply 102March 27, 2019 3:48 AM

Has anyone tried HiSmile for teeth whitening?

by Anonymousreply 103March 27, 2019 3:54 AM

My understanding R103 is that teeth whitening products do more harm in the long run. Even professional teeth whitening from your dentist says if you have certain conditions the product should not be used.

by Anonymousreply 104March 27, 2019 4:05 AM

R9 He ran out of money so he could only do the top.

by Anonymousreply 105March 27, 2019 4:13 AM

I have naturally yellow teeth. I was on vacation in Thailand at the beginning of the year and got laser whitening. It's 900 pounds in the UK and about the same in the US. In Thailand I paid around $100. It takes an hour and is quite painful during and 24h after the treatment. The result right after the treatment is astonishing. But don't be fooled. They take the before and after pictures usually right after treatment. I also got two crowns and they chose the color right after laser whitening.....bad choice. I got the new crowns put in after two weeks and the color didn t match at all. They had to redo it and sent it back to the lab. Point is, the result right after whitening is amazing but it doesn't last very long. If you still drink coffee, wine and smoke (which I don't) the whitening effect won't last very long. My dentist told me they can only do one or two shades even if your teeth first look really white. I wouldn't spend that much money on it in the UK or US.

Btw, veneers in Thailand are $250 and the best available crowns $400. The work is very professional and my normal dentist can't tell a difference between the Thai and my other crowns.

by Anonymousreply 106March 27, 2019 7:42 AM

[quote] I went to Sam Muslin in Santa Monica. He did Jane Fonda and a zillion other celebs.

Fonda's teeth look fake. Partly because her upper teeth (veneers) are two shades whiter than her lower teeth. What kind of dentist would allow that kind of mismatch?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 27, 2019 7:46 AM

Move to the EU your discolored teeth will look like everyone else’s teeth.

by Anonymousreply 108March 27, 2019 7:58 AM

My sister got veneers and I can barely stand to look at her. Her teeth are so big she looks like a donkey braying whenever she opens her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 109March 27, 2019 8:09 AM

R82, I'm with you. My dental hygienist just yesterday told me she can see inside my front teeth by shining a light on them, so I'll simply need to accept the yellow!

R84, Also, besides caring for them, dentists can add the same material as dental fillings to your gum line gaps. I've had that done.

by Anonymousreply 110March 27, 2019 10:17 AM

R110 here. Sorry for the dangling modifier and vague pronoun! I meant, "...besides YOUR caring for your teeth and gums,...."

by Anonymousreply 111March 27, 2019 10:20 AM

the movie Root Cause is a must see. it shows the toxic permanent damage dentists do when they leave a tooth in that's been root canal ed. toxins continue to bloom beneath the tooth. its a scam what all they tell u to do to 'keep the tooth at all costs'....appalling.

them with dentures have 50% less illness than them that don't. a root canal tooth is still rotten.

by Anonymousreply 112March 27, 2019 10:25 AM

bridges are an ok alternative to dentures..

by Anonymousreply 113March 27, 2019 10:26 AM

R112 I had a root canal that had to be redone because it became infected I asked the oral surgeon what percentage of her practice was redoing root canals she said 46%, a high percentage of them do go bad after a short period.

by Anonymousreply 114March 27, 2019 11:10 AM

Has any of you tried swishing your teeth and mouth with hydrogen peroxide?

by Anonymousreply 115March 27, 2019 11:35 AM

[QUOTE] I tried whitening strips a couple of times and the pain was excruciating. Like, I had to take four Advil and lie down kind of excruciating.

Oh Mary, come on now. We think you’re exaggerating a little. I had sensitivity after my bleaching regimen but I just learned to be careful with triggers like ice cold food/drinks, or direct contact with metal utensils. I immediately started using dual action sensitivity toothpaste (the kind that reduces sensitivity AND rebuilds pseudo-enamel) and I was fine.

by Anonymousreply 116March 27, 2019 11:39 AM

Fuckin love this country!

by Anonymousreply 117March 27, 2019 11:49 AM

remove teeth that have been root canaled, its the only solution to continued infection from toxins below the root line.

by Anonymousreply 118March 27, 2019 12:06 PM

I have used Colgate Total Whitening toothpaste (the gel form) for years and am happy with the color of my teeth. It's not specifically for tooth whitening so it also does all the shit a toothpaste is supposed to do (prevent cavities, fight plaque, etc.). My teeth don't look bleached and aren't glow-white...they're shiny and a healthy color.

by Anonymousreply 119March 27, 2019 12:35 PM

Just paint some white out correction fluid on your teeth and they will look amazing

by Anonymousreply 120March 27, 2019 1:41 PM

Maybe because I'm having extensive dental work done I found the difference between Jane's upper and lower very distracting. R113 Are you asking or telling us? A bridge would feel far more normal than a denture. I never really gave it much thought about the procedures that were available to us until I needed major work. What I am grateful for is I followed my instincts and didn't go for a procedure that was very expensive and in the long run I would not have been happy with.

by Anonymousreply 121March 27, 2019 1:59 PM

I've had veneers for 18 years. Still going strong.

by Anonymousreply 122March 27, 2019 3:16 PM

I'm so pissed that I have to pay 4000 for 2 root canals and 3 crowns/posts. I was tempted to just pull and get implants, but I think that will be more money. Sucks because all the root canals are on molars. Dental work is way too expensive.

by Anonymousreply 123March 27, 2019 3:21 PM

What's the point of having perfect pearly white teeth when they are old and 250 pounds of sagging flesh?

by Anonymousreply 124March 27, 2019 3:45 PM

R118, if you remove them, what are you looking at, a bridge? Those are expensive too, right? What would be the difference between a bridge a dentures?

by Anonymousreply 125March 27, 2019 3:55 PM

R107, Dentists only do what a patients asks. I would assume Fonda only wanted the top ones done. That certainly isn't the dentist's fault. Anyone who is unhappy with their teeth should do something about it. Life is just too damn short. A well placed veneer done by a competent dentist maintained by the patient; e.g., professional cleanings every six months, brushing two to three times daily and flossing once a day, can last twenty plus years. My partner was a dentist up until he turned 35 then he went to medical school and is now a maxillofacial surgeon. I have beautiful, very realistic veneers that he did when he and I were both 34. We're about to turn 44 in April and they look every bit as good as the did the day he did them. Don't let this "they last ten years" mentality stop you.

by Anonymousreply 126March 27, 2019 4:01 PM

R109, is Julia Roberts your sister?

by Anonymousreply 127March 27, 2019 4:32 PM

I think Pete's teeth looked better before the costly veneers. They just needed whitening. His new teef look so unnatural.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128March 27, 2019 4:42 PM

Now Pete's teeth match Kate's. Twinsies.

by Anonymousreply 129March 27, 2019 4:50 PM

Yuck, R128; I definitely prefer the "after" on that guy. In addition to the veneers it looks like they also addressed his gross, "gummy" smile. His top gum margin doesn't show nearly as much afterward.

by Anonymousreply 130March 27, 2019 4:50 PM

It's odd to see pics of celebs from years ago, before every celeb on Earth had to get veneers as a job requirement. You really notice the natural teeth in the old movies/shows/pictures and it looks weird now.

by Anonymousreply 131March 27, 2019 5:01 PM

I don't get why people like Pete and D'angelo Russell just don't get braces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 27, 2019 5:02 PM

Tim Olyphant is another one whose veneers jump out at first sight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 27, 2019 5:04 PM

I don't understand veneers, you are destroying the teeth to have them. Are veneers used when you have lost a lot of enamel?

by Anonymousreply 134March 27, 2019 5:07 PM

Tim Olyphant had some serious fangs before he got those chompers fixed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 27, 2019 5:08 PM

R135 I think the “fangs” are sexy! Not at all unattractive. Used to love Bowie’s original teeth, too.

by Anonymousreply 136March 27, 2019 5:16 PM

Imperfections are fine and can be sexy, but Bowie's teeth and Steve Buchem'si both look bad and they both look like they'd have bad breath.

by Anonymousreply 137March 27, 2019 5:57 PM

So fucking FAKE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138March 27, 2019 6:08 PM

It seems that back in the day of old Hollywood the stars only got their top teeth fixed.

Bette Davis in Now Voyager looks beautiful but if you look close her bottom teeth are jacked looking even after her make over.

by Anonymousreply 139March 27, 2019 7:26 PM

Prince Harry or Scut Farkas?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140March 28, 2019 12:03 AM

Ughh most brits have brown teeth from all the black tea consumed.

by Anonymousreply 141March 28, 2019 12:59 AM

Forget the yellow teeth, OP. Barr has a yellow brain. Just think about that.

by Anonymousreply 142March 28, 2019 2:33 AM

OK R142, I've thought about that.

by Anonymousreply 143March 28, 2019 5:01 AM

if u don't have all root canal teeth pulled, u will be plagued with a cascade of diseases from minor to major, as the bacteria beneath the gum will travel to all parts of ur body,organs, etc

dentists want $$$$ to make u keep them rotten teeth, big racket . find a holistic dentist for good heath.. u must see the film ROOT CAUSE to see how corrupt most dentists are.

by Anonymousreply 144March 28, 2019 5:38 AM

You don't need teeth pulled, a root canal removes all the decay.

by Anonymousreply 145March 28, 2019 11:46 AM

R144 That film and what they are basing it on is from a 1920's study that has been debunked.

by Anonymousreply 146March 28, 2019 5:44 PM

President Trump has perfect very white teeth. We want that!

by Anonymousreply 147March 28, 2019 5:47 PM

Agree with R34.

R126 - I would think a dentist would tell you that veneers are dangerous at 34. You are losing your natural teeth just to look good now. Seems a little superficially unnecessary - unless you had really horrible teeth. Why are you such a proponent?

by Anonymousreply 148March 28, 2019 6:14 PM

Going forward, let's all please refer to them as "Teefs"!

by Anonymousreply 149March 28, 2019 8:36 PM

Why do you claim they are dangerous R148? I understand what you are doing to the tooth in order to put veneers on, but dangerous?

by Anonymousreply 150March 28, 2019 8:40 PM

My friend got them and they did a terrible job requiring 3 revisions. She ended up settling with the dentist.

by Anonymousreply 151March 28, 2019 8:43 PM

How do you keep these teeth white?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152March 28, 2019 8:50 PM

[quote]I would think a dentist would tell you that veneers are dangerous at 34. You are losing your natural teeth just to look good now. Seems a little superficially unnecessary - unless you had really horrible teeth. Why are you such a proponent?

Because, quite frankly, R148, I enjoy looking good. I don't know about you but I like to smile and I'd like my smile to be as aesthetically pleasing to me and others as possible. I work out hard in the gym and take care of my body so I fail to see how veneers would qualify as "dangerous." As I said, my partner is a surgeon and he would have never subjected me (or himself) to something dangerous. The mere notion that veneers are inherently dangerous is patently absurd. I'm an attorney and enjoy feeling confident about myself in court. And in life.

by Anonymousreply 153March 28, 2019 10:36 PM

Veneers can't be dangerous, they're so common today. Every celeb has them now. In LA so do a lot of other people. They're ubiquitous.

by Anonymousreply 154March 28, 2019 10:53 PM

What happens when you have veneers at 70? Do you just automatically get dentures? How do they deal with cavities with veneers ? Don’t they block access to the actual tooth?

by Anonymousreply 155March 29, 2019 1:36 AM

I find r153 smug and irritating. Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 156March 29, 2019 3:02 AM

Well R156 - I think he’s more just superficial gay man who prioritizes looks over substance. Pretty standard gay - or trophy wife type. Unquestioned value of “looking good” - fine but not particularly important for me. Health and welfare are what matters. Gave up the looks game at 40 - dress and maintain myself but not going to get cosmetic surgery or veneers to impress others.

by Anonymousreply 157March 29, 2019 3:18 AM

R156 & 157 are just bitter because they have busted grilles and can't afford to fix them.

by Anonymousreply 158March 29, 2019 3:51 PM

Grow up R158.

by Anonymousreply 159March 29, 2019 4:02 PM

wow, there are some really stupid people on this thread! If you don't like something about yourself then fix it. If you can't afford to fix it then either save your money or STFU and deal with it. People who criticize other people for having surgery or venners or whatever to make themselves feel better are just bitter.

by Anonymousreply 160March 29, 2019 4:40 PM

Ya need to stop chewin' on them yellow crayons!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161March 29, 2019 5:03 PM

I would go with an implant instead of veneers.

by Anonymousreply 162March 29, 2019 7:46 PM

Veneers are for poors. Get implants.

by Anonymousreply 163March 29, 2019 7:47 PM

That's absurd R163. Who would pull perfectly healthy teeth when they can simply be veneered? No reputable dentist would do that.

by Anonymousreply 164March 29, 2019 8:11 PM

Celebs get it done all the time r164.

by Anonymousreply 165March 29, 2019 11:18 PM

What is the benefit of implants if you don't need them? Why not just get the veneers?

by Anonymousreply 166March 30, 2019 1:15 AM

According to people here R166 you can spot veneers a mile away.

by Anonymousreply 167March 31, 2019 3:04 AM

@R167 Not if they're well done. THAT'S why some dentists are more $$$ than others. You get what you pay for.

by Anonymousreply 168March 31, 2019 3:46 AM

I'm going to disagree with you R168 that "you get what you pay for." The hottest procedure is the all-on-4. What a fucking money maker for the dentist. They actually destroy your gums and bones in order to give you a permanent denture. You can get bridges for half the price. These assholes promoting the all-on-4 don't tell you it is a procedure to replace teeth and gum. If you don't have a gum problem all-on-4 is not for you.

by Anonymousreply 169March 31, 2019 3:56 AM

This whole discussion is so fucked up. People are destroying their teeth to make them look white? Is this really something people everywhere are doing - or is it only in LA? I can’t imagine unnecessarily getting dentures or having my teeth shaved. How bizarre and insecure.

by Anonymousreply 170March 31, 2019 4:19 AM

What's happening where you live R170?

by Anonymousreply 171March 31, 2019 4:36 AM

I don’t see people over 25 with perfect white teeth except local news anchors and weather people. I see pictures of people with those teeth and celebrities. But I never realized they go through this process to get those perfect white teeth. I just can’t imagine the vanity that is required to sacrifice perfectly fine teeth to make them look whiter - unless they were really bad in which case dentures would probably be needed anyway because they would be rotten. It’s a top 10 city - but I guess this happens in LA and maybe NYC.

by Anonymousreply 172March 31, 2019 4:49 AM

I was referring to veneers R169. Some dentists don't have the skill set to do realistic looking veneers.

by Anonymousreply 173March 31, 2019 5:16 AM

There are alternatives to dentures R172.

by Anonymousreply 174March 31, 2019 5:17 AM

As many people age, and statistically experience increasing instances of health issues, there are many medicines and illnesses that can lead to yellowing teeth. Then you can try to whiten them, but the existing medications and health problems will just cancel that out--or even be exacerbated by the teeth-whitening procedures' side effects. We can't all be or remain agelessly perfect party-queen cliques roaming Commercial Street in Provincetown forever. :(

by Anonymousreply 175March 31, 2019 5:27 AM

Can veneers stain?

by Anonymousreply 176March 31, 2019 3:28 PM

Exactly R175. Gay men need to learn to accept aging and be less concerned about trying to maintain the looks of youth. Such a debilitating view of life. Embrace age, respect your body and care for it. But knocking off part of your teeth to make them look white is not graceful aging.

by Anonymousreply 177March 31, 2019 3:51 PM

Some people can handle this, and some can't. Not a Mary situation, just how the nerves in the mouth react to stuff.

by Anonymousreply 178March 31, 2019 6:16 PM

Anyone using Sensodyne remineralization toothpaste to strengthen (but not replace) tooth enamel? Does it also whiten them a bit?

by Anonymousreply 179March 31, 2019 6:54 PM

Or is it a scam like firming lotion R179.

by Anonymousreply 180March 31, 2019 9:23 PM

Americans are obsessed with teeth!

by Anonymousreply 181April 1, 2019 1:35 AM

I don't see anything wrong if someone wants good looking teeth. What I have a hard time is the overly white teeth. They don't look natural and that is what you should be striving for.

by Anonymousreply 182April 1, 2019 1:56 AM

But chipping away your real teeth to cover them with fake teeth is so twisted. You can never get your real teeth back. Doesn’t it put your teeth at risk of damage?

by Anonymousreply 183April 1, 2019 2:33 AM

Also bridges R183. That is why implants are so popular, you don't have to destroy the surrounding teeth.

by Anonymousreply 184April 1, 2019 2:39 AM

Natural is best

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185April 1, 2019 2:44 AM

We must have a root canal on an upper first molar. We shall probably do it here and we have just seen a photo of the scorching hot spanish dentist who will probably do it. We hope we don't get "the vapors"!

by Anonymousreply 186April 23, 2019 4:57 PM

[quote]My teeth are permanently stained from tetracycline given to me as an infant.

Me too. Whitening is useless, they're discolored from the inside. Lord knows what kind of judgments people have passed on me over the years, but when I read about you people who'll spend thousands to look like game show hosts, I can deal with it.

I know everything about R153 and his kind - what he looks like, how he dresses, what kind of car he drives, where he goes on vacation. All because he's obsessed with his veneers.

by Anonymousreply 187April 23, 2019 5:55 PM

Get veneers, Mary r187!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188April 23, 2019 7:36 PM

So many people's teeth are so jacked up all to hell. And there is NOTHING that is more of a turnoff to me than yellow teeth, except perhaps B.O. And I am not talking about ill people or poor people or those with excuses for looking disgusting. GET WITH THE PROGRAM, people. Nobody wants to look at your nasty ass yellow teefs. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 189April 23, 2019 8:37 PM

White out correction fluid works wonders!

by Anonymousreply 190April 24, 2019 8:51 PM

I find the white teeth obsession strange. Missing or gnarled teeth I can see as an issue. But yellowed teeth are natural. It’s like men who dye their hair to hide gray - it’s unnatural and usually obvious. I assume anyone over 50 with perfectly white teeth has dentures.

by Anonymousreply 191April 24, 2019 9:31 PM

Too white teeth look fake, like chiclets. It does look strange, like bright enough to send out beacon signals.

by Anonymousreply 192April 25, 2019 12:16 AM

I think too perfect, too white teeth can be aging. They don't look natural, like dentures. Nobody has perfect teeth..even the most healthy smiles.

by Anonymousreply 193April 25, 2019 12:22 AM

Buncha jelly yellow-teefed olds posting on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 194April 25, 2019 12:26 AM

A nice shade of ivory is nice..

by Anonymousreply 195April 25, 2019 12:27 AM

Teeth whitening destroys your gums, then your teeth fall out. Also, destroys the enamel. What are people thinking?

by Anonymousreply 196April 25, 2019 12:29 AM

Get gold grillz... then the yellow will be an asset.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197April 25, 2019 12:36 AM

So white

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198April 25, 2019 12:41 AM

I need sunglasses to look, R198.

by Anonymousreply 199April 25, 2019 1:06 AM

R196 - exactly! People are destroying their teeth to get artificially white teeth. Talk about vanity! People need to start realizing a good Instagram picture is not the purpose of life.

by Anonymousreply 200April 25, 2019 3:11 AM

A bleaching product that utilizes peroxide is not abrasive and does not damage the enamel. It can damage your gums if you use it incorrectly. But this is what DENTISTS use to whiten teeth. To say it "destroys" your teeth is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 201April 25, 2019 3:41 AM

I am getting a bridge and the hardest part is getting the color right.

by Anonymousreply 202April 25, 2019 3:49 AM

OP, spend the bucks and see your dentist to have the teefh molds made. Be especially careful with the amount of whitening product applied to the teefh molds (which press against your teefh's gums). Do it.

by Anonymousreply 203April 25, 2019 3:56 AM

I had a root canal, which a few years later, became infected and eventually pulled. Now... for a few thousand dollars, I have an implant....waiting to get a crown, for another thousand $$. Teeth are a PIA.

by Anonymousreply 204April 25, 2019 3:58 AM

The OP never said they they had problems with their teeth .

by Anonymousreply 205April 25, 2019 4:04 AM

oops... *PITA

by Anonymousreply 206April 25, 2019 4:25 AM

I have a question... in person my teeth aren't white, yet in both photographs and while face timing, they are very white. I don't get why.

by Anonymousreply 207April 25, 2019 4:27 AM

contrast [r207]

by Anonymousreply 208April 25, 2019 4:31 AM

Well, sometimes medications you take or medical treatments can affect your teeth: discoloration etc. Anti biotics, lack of tooth enamel. Mueller was born from parents who lived during the depression, so even though he lives quite comfortably, he probably figures that as long as he has no cavities, why mess with them?

by Anonymousreply 209April 25, 2019 4:37 AM

I googled Mueller smiling, as you usually see him looking grim. He looks fine. There's nothing wrong with his smile and teeth. Geez...

by Anonymousreply 210April 25, 2019 4:48 AM

Perfect straight white teeth look like dentures.

by Anonymousreply 211April 25, 2019 10:49 AM

Gray teeth are usually an indication that the person was sick as a child.

by Anonymousreply 212April 25, 2019 10:53 AM

My Ma's teeth are yellowing and it's because she's in her 70's and she has a medical condition that erodes the enamel. People lose their enamel as they age, but certain things accelerate it.

by Anonymousreply 213April 25, 2019 10:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!