Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It's Beto bitch! O'Rourke beats Sander's first day of fundraising

[Quote]Beto O’Rourke raised more than $6 million online in the first 24 hours after announcing his presidential campaign last week, according to his campaign, outpacing his rivals for the Democratic nomination and making an emphatic statement about his grass-roots financial strength.

[Quote]Mr. O’Rourke brought in $6,136,736 after declaring his long-anticipated bid with a web video and trip to Iowa on Thursday morning, raising the sum entirely online and from all 50 states, the campaign said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 24, 2019 10:15 AM

Very impressive. I’m supporting kamala but he’s off to a great start.

by Anonymousreply 1March 18, 2019 2:17 PM

I think this will keep him in the game and many will consider teaming up with him to get some of that financing.

Kamala/Beto, I say.

by Anonymousreply 2March 18, 2019 3:34 PM

Maybe he can buy some ideas.

by Anonymousreply 3March 18, 2019 3:36 PM

Just a reminder... Bernie Sanders out raised and outspent Hillary Clinton in 2016 and still lost. By a lot.

by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2019 3:38 PM

Of course r4, but Bernie was a strong candidate. This is just indicating that Beto is going to be a strong force in this primary.

by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2019 5:13 PM

No, r5, it must means he has a rabid fan base.

by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2019 5:15 PM

^must = just

by Anonymousreply 7March 18, 2019 5:15 PM

Keep telling yourself that r7. It's silly to pretend that Beto isn't a real contender, just because you don't want something to be true doesn't make it not true.

by Anonymousreply 8March 18, 2019 5:20 PM

R8, he's not. Hes got a lot of baggage that's just come out. He's giving non-answers to questions and it's being noticed. He's polling lower than people who aren't even in the race yet.

by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2019 5:34 PM

Beto-mania is not a national phenomenon. I only hear about him on DL.

by Anonymousreply 10March 18, 2019 6:00 PM

Yeah, I mean google only turns up about 66 Million hits on his name. I'm sure he's just a DL thing.

by Anonymousreply 11March 18, 2019 6:03 PM

Which Beto? What Beto?

by Anonymousreply 12March 18, 2019 6:04 PM

Yes, money, donations, lucre, mostly from Exxon.

by Anonymousreply 13March 18, 2019 6:11 PM

Beto would make a great VP candidate.

by Anonymousreply 14March 18, 2019 7:20 PM

Are we sure these donations are from grassroots supporters? Something is up with these numbers. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 15March 18, 2019 7:59 PM

[quote] Beto-mania is not a national phenomenon. I only hear about him on DL.

You're saying DL-ers helped him raise $6 million in 24 hrs?

by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2019 8:00 PM

Beto is playing his cards close but Obama did the same thing. It isn't a bad strategy.

by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2019 8:01 PM

He will win.

by Anonymousreply 18March 18, 2019 8:03 PM

[Quote]Something is up with these numbers. Mark my words.

Did you miss his Senate campaign? Beto is famous for his ability to raise money online.

by Anonymousreply 19March 18, 2019 8:03 PM

Bernie bros are pressed LOL l fucking love it!

by Anonymousreply 20March 18, 2019 8:04 PM

Why not? DL raised most of Jill Stein's recount money.

by Anonymousreply 21March 18, 2019 8:03 PM

LOL, R21!

by Anonymousreply 22March 18, 2019 8:06 PM

R17, that better be what he's doing because his wishy washy, head in the clouds, attitude has worn thin with me and a lot of others.

by Anonymousreply 23March 18, 2019 8:06 PM

R19 I'm well aware of the campaign, having donated to it! I just have an instinctive feeling that there's something fishy about the numbers. I have no evidence, just my suspicion and a desire to reserve the right to say "told you so."

by Anonymousreply 24March 18, 2019 8:17 PM

lol at R10

by Anonymousreply 25March 18, 2019 8:30 PM

[quote]He's polling lower than people who aren't even in the race yet.

This is so deeply stupid. Everyone is polling lower than Biden. That's because Biden has nigh-literal 100% name recognition and served as VP for the most recent Democratic president.

You might want to go back and look at Hillary Clinton's support in polls among Democrats in the first quarter of 2015, before she announced. Or Al Gore's among Democrats at any point between 2001 and 2004.

Don't do politics, hon. You're not good at it.

by Anonymousreply 26March 18, 2019 8:31 PM

R26, according to DL, Beto mania is not just on DL. So either he has high name recognition or he doesn't. DL can't have it both ways, Hon.

by Anonymousreply 27March 18, 2019 9:46 PM

You are quite stupid r27. Impressively so even.

by Anonymousreply 28March 18, 2019 9:52 PM

Possibly stupid, more likely R27 is just another right-wing tool arguing in bad faith.

by Anonymousreply 29March 18, 2019 10:02 PM

Sure, sure, r29. Call anyone you don't agree with stupid or troll. I think the real trolls are posters like you and your alter ego at r28.

by Anonymousreply 30March 18, 2019 10:08 PM

Beto is in Big Oil's pocket.

No, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 31March 19, 2019 8:36 PM

Anyone have his nudes? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 32March 19, 2019 9:10 PM

Washington Post -----

[quote] Whatever post-defeat sadness Amy felt, she was able to kick quickly; she’s always been the stable one. Beto, on the other hand, more prone to higher highs and lower lows, was in a “funk.” In January, Beto hit the road, much as his father had done before him, and drew energy from the people he met, and — on one stop in New Mexico he didn’t write about in his blog — by 𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝑴𝒆𝒙𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒅𝒊𝒓𝒕 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒔. (He brought some home for the family to eat, too.)

I wonder if this will be the basis of his national healthcare plan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 20, 2019 1:23 AM

[quote] I wonder if this will be the basis of his national healthcare plan.

Still better that what the Republicans want for us, which is to be broken, beaten, and powerless because of rampant health care costs destroying lives and families.

by Anonymousreply 34March 20, 2019 3:50 AM

Beto O'Rourke, friend of the fossil fuel industry, is no climate hero.

Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke declined to sign a pledge from climate activists not to accept any money from the fossil fuel industry, saying he won’t take donations from oil and gas executives, lobbyists or political action committees but won’t turn down contributions from workers.

According to the Sunrise Movement website, several of O’Rourke rivals for the 2020 Democratic nomination have signed the pledge, including Senators Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders and Kirsten Gillibrand, and Pete Buttigieg, mayor of South Bend, Indiana.

Beto O’Rourke voted twice to lift longstanding restrictions on crude oil exports.

He voted with the Republican party as well to encourage more natural gas exports, and to stop a Democratic bill to ban drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. And as recently as October, O’Rourke voiced his support for an all-of-the-above energy policy that’s out of step with scientific reality, repeating a fossil fuel industry talking point that indefinitely continued oil and gas production is a way to “help us meet some of the challenges of climate change”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 22, 2019 3:53 AM

According to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics, Beto's 2018 Senate campaign was the second-highest recipient of money from individuals, including executives, in the oil and gas industry -- $476,325-- behind only his Republican competitor, Ted Cruz.

by Anonymousreply 36April 22, 2019 4:11 AM

You can say that as many times as you'd like, but it won't make it true, R31. Is this what you will be doing for the next year and some, post lies about Democratic candidates, because the One you want has unexpected competition?

by Anonymousreply 37April 22, 2019 4:19 AM

[quote] Beto's 2018 Senate campaign was the second-highest recipient of money from individuals, including executives, in the oil and gas industry

I don't see the problem

by Anonymousreply 38April 22, 2019 4:22 AM

I don't care how much oil money he takes if he can beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 39April 22, 2019 4:40 AM

He is fantastic. Love his passion when his speaks. 😍

by Anonymousreply 40April 22, 2019 4:45 AM

He speaks*

by Anonymousreply 41April 22, 2019 4:45 AM

America needs politicians paid to suck the dick of Muslim Gulf despots.

by Anonymousreply 42April 22, 2019 4:45 AM

^^^ dickS^^^

by Anonymousreply 43April 22, 2019 4:46 AM

PEOPLE DON'T WANT OLD CUNTS

by Anonymousreply 44April 22, 2019 4:52 AM

Beto is from the heart of Texas oil country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 22, 2019 4:58 AM

Beto needs to present hole immediately, or I’m voting for Warren!

by Anonymousreply 46April 22, 2019 5:04 AM

DLers like to vote with their dicks and not their brains.

by Anonymousreply 47April 22, 2019 5:08 AM

That's because their dicks ARE their brains.

by Anonymousreply 48April 22, 2019 5:15 AM

Nonsense, Beto has a heart of gold, swag, and a huge dick between his legs yum.

At the very least, we need him as Vice President.🥖

by Anonymousreply 49April 23, 2019 2:30 PM

He's the Scarecrow. Pete Butt-gig is the Tin Man.

Cory Closet Booker is The Lion.

by Anonymousreply 50April 23, 2019 8:35 PM

Is Warren Dorothy? or the Wicked WItch

by Anonymousreply 51April 23, 2019 8:36 PM

Trump is the flying orange monkey.

by Anonymousreply 52April 23, 2019 8:42 PM

Warren is Dorothy. We know who the Wicked Witch is:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 23, 2019 9:30 PM

𝑩𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏, 𝑩𝒆𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒘 𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒍

Bernie Sanders has solidified his front-runner standing among members of the progressive political action committee Democracy for America, while Joe Biden and Beto O’Rourke have both fallen back sharply, according to the group’s latest straw poll.

Elizabeth Warren is now running second to Sanders in the DFA poll — though she trails the independent senator from Vermont by more than 30 percentage points, according to the survey released Tuesday and obtained first by POLITICO.

The straw poll, which is significant more as an indicator of activist support than a measure of public opinion, reflects the durability of support for Sanders and a shift in some left-flank enthusiasm for two rivals: O’Rourke, the former Texas congressman, and Biden, the former vice president who is expected to announce his 2020 presidential campaign soon.

DFA said Buttigieg likely benefitted most from waning support for O’Rourke. Among members who participated in both the DFA’s December and April polls, about 23 percent of O’Rourke’s supporters shifted their support to Buttigieg, with another 16 percent moving to Sanders and about 12 percent shifting to Warren.

In DFA’s first 2020 straw poll, in December, Biden was running second to Sanders at 15 percent, followed by O’Rourke at 12 percent. By this month, Biden’s support had fallen to about 8 percent, while O’Rourke slid to about 3 percent.

Meanwhile, Sanders drew 42 percent support, up about 6 percentage points from December. Warren saw support for her candidacy tick up to about 11 percent, according to the poll, followed by South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg at about 10 percent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 24, 2019 10:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!