Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ru Paul's Drah race is clearly running out of A-level contestants....

So I have an idea! Why not do "Drag Race: Legends Ball' - Where queens like CoCo Peru, Lady Bunny, Jackie Beat, Varla Jean Merman, Heda Lettuce and maybe Ru herself compete - no snatch game or other well known segments - next level, high stakes challenges worthy of queens who've been in the biz for decades, prior to drag going mainstream. Not only would it give exposure to queens who truly deserve it, but it would also revive the energy of the show. What do you all think?

by Anonymousreply 11March 22, 2019 12:33 AM

no shit, sherlock,......its the dregs.

by Anonymousreply 1March 15, 2019 3:20 AM

I have tried to watch the show numerous times over the last several years but I can't.

RuPaul has so much gauze/vaseline (or the digital equivalent) that it gives me a headache.

by Anonymousreply 2March 15, 2019 4:35 AM

OP is on to something, although that idea will never happen. Those bitches are too rich now.

But as far as high quality drag, there should be a real pageant or something that’s not so scripted and cheesy. Something that’s high-level, balls to the wall competition.

Like RuPaul Hall of Fame Spectacular. Winner gets a million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 3March 15, 2019 5:15 AM

RuPaul is now filmed through lanolium . Stinky Garbage is religous?

by Anonymousreply 4March 15, 2019 5:17 AM

I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 5March 15, 2019 5:28 AM

Miss Universe for Drag.

The talents would have to be broadway level to make final 10.

It would be fierce. They could give away a new car and a contract, cash etc. They could could get a lot of mileage if they included the preliminaries.

by Anonymousreply 6March 15, 2019 5:46 AM

How about having actual drag queens vs female impersonators? How about drag queens that can sing vs lip sync? There’s always been some like this on RPDR, you know drag queens with real actual talent (voice, stand up) and I’d like the show to concentrate on that vs lip syncing.

by Anonymousreply 7March 15, 2019 3:01 PM

I’ve never watched Drag Race, but I think I want to watch a season or two—which seasons do DL’ers recommend?

by Anonymousreply 8March 22, 2019 12:16 AM

Seasons 3-6 was when the show was at its peak. Choose any of them.

by Anonymousreply 9March 22, 2019 12:18 AM

"RuPaul is now filmed through lanolium . "

Linoleum? Lanolin? Aluminum? Lancelot Link Secret Chimp?

You know, that chimpanzee was a better drag queen than Milk.

It had to be said.

by Anonymousreply 10March 22, 2019 12:33 AM

Season 2 is just as good as 3 to 6. All Stars 2 has the best performances in Drag Race History.

I

by Anonymousreply 11March 22, 2019 12:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!