Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Studio 54 on Netflix

Just watched this documentary. I have questions. Does Ian Schrager have lung cancer? his voice is a hoarse whisper. Anyone met Steve Rubell? what was he like? He seemed desperate to kiss up yet also endearing. How did his brother morph into a super wealthy art collector? He came from a humble background. Did he just get lucky? Were Ian and Steve lovers? tell all!

by Anonymousreply 303/14/2019

I have always thought Ian and Steve were lovers. Yes I am aware Ian is presented as straight but I don't buy it.

by Anonymousreply 103/14/2019

When he said they bought that Hamptons house together I thought they were lovers but he was also married a few times (and during that period) so I was confused too.

by Anonymousreply 203/14/2019

I have met both of them, and no I don't think they were ever lovers. They sure had a lot of money once they got out of prison, I know they had sold Studio 54 and the building, but once they got out of prison they pretty quickly opened the two hotels, The Royalton & Morgans and opened the big and impressive Palladium club.

by Anonymousreply 303/14/2019
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!