Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beauty Tips for Wrinkles Under The Eyes

God has started the aging process on me. I'm suddenly getting some fine lines and wrinkles under my eyes. Anyone have any beauty tips to combat? A favorite Retinol product perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 160May 19, 2019 5:29 PM

Freshly discharged semen - does nothing for the wrinkles, but it does take your mind off them...

by Anonymousreply 1March 14, 2019 9:04 PM

Any source recommendations?

by Anonymousreply 2March 14, 2019 9:08 PM

Stop sleeping with a pillow, it puts pressure on that fine tissue. If you must sleep, do so on your back, or put the weight on your ear when you lie on your side, not your face. I have never slept with pillows, and I am 57 but look 28.

by Anonymousreply 3March 14, 2019 9:15 PM

Preparation H

by Anonymousreply 4March 14, 2019 9:18 PM

Don't bother with retinol in your under-eye area, or the acids. Milder stuff will do the trick just fine as that part of the face is pretty responsive, and it will be safer for your eyes as well. You should see noticeable results quickly with just a cheap moisturizer designed specifically for that area.

by Anonymousreply 5March 14, 2019 9:28 PM

Should have worn spf. Damn shame.

by Anonymousreply 6March 14, 2019 9:29 PM

R1 is right. I had a coworker who had her son drop off a nightly sample by her door before bed and she would slather that shit on.

by Anonymousreply 7March 14, 2019 9:33 PM

Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream Is worthless.

by Anonymousreply 8March 14, 2019 9:49 PM

You cannot expect to thrash your skin in the sun and/or tanning salon for decades, smoke, drink, have horrid genetics, and stay out half the night and expect some product to fix your ugly mess of a face. To possess beauty, you must live correctly and have proper genetics.

by Anonymousreply 9March 14, 2019 9:51 PM

I haven't done any of those things. Thanks R5

by Anonymousreply 10March 14, 2019 9:57 PM

Oil of Olay Regenerist. I swear by that stuff,and Im 58 but look 56.

by Anonymousreply 11March 14, 2019 10:20 PM

"I am 57 but look 28"

In FaceTune, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 12March 14, 2019 10:23 PM

Start moisturizing yesterday. Anything will help. I've been using Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizer since college, and I'd guess I maybe look 10 years younger than my age. Having lifelong oily skin also helped.

by Anonymousreply 13March 14, 2019 10:27 PM

Plastic surgery is the answer

by Anonymousreply 14March 14, 2019 10:29 PM

It's been almost a year since I got my last Restalyne injection for my hollow eyes. Maybe that will help bang them out.

by Anonymousreply 15March 14, 2019 10:31 PM

Not everyone can afford plastic surgery R14.

by Anonymousreply 16March 14, 2019 10:33 PM

R16 go to Thailand

by Anonymousreply 17March 14, 2019 10:43 PM

So what's the best cheap moisturizer then?

by Anonymousreply 18March 14, 2019 11:12 PM

R15, Restalyne works well? I'm considering it. Any cautions or tips? Do you have a thin or full face? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 19March 15, 2019 12:39 AM

There's a natural product called Biossance that is squalane-based (plants, not fish) that I really like. My sister gave me a sample of the face oil--it works great and can be used all over. They also have an eye gel I use at night. The stuff isn't exactly cheap but you barely use any per application so it lasts forever.

And for morning/daytime eye, Garnier has a cooling eye roller that really helps, especially on hungover mornings.

Fraus DO have useful info sometimes!

by Anonymousreply 20March 15, 2019 12:43 AM

They also have sample orders that you can get for $5 shipping to try out

by Anonymousreply 21March 15, 2019 12:44 AM

R4 the smell of Preparation H will keep people away, so they won't see the bags. Was told the chemical that did the trick years ago was removed from the American version, but still available in Canada. Can anyone confirm this?

by Anonymousreply 22March 15, 2019 12:58 AM

Be Black. You'll look much younger with no wrinkles. Assuming you live a clean life.

by Anonymousreply 23March 15, 2019 1:19 AM

[quote]Start moisturizing yesterday. Anything will help. I've been using Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizer since college, and I'd guess I maybe look 10 years younger than my age. Having lifelong oily skin also helped.

This stuff does work! My old ersister gave me the sample bottles when I was a young gayling. I've been using this stuff since around 21-22. My skin is amazing. I also started using Retin-A, Adapalene and Tazorac about 10 years ago. These meds really do work. Start with the lowest percentage, otherwise, you will experience irritation and peeling. I use 0.05% in Retin A and 0.1% Adapalene. IIRC, Adapalene is now available OTC.

I also use a generic less abrasive Buff-Puff with a mild skin cleanser such as Cetaphil. That helps with mild dermabrasion.

by Anonymousreply 24March 15, 2019 1:28 AM

R19, yes for hollow eyes. I have a full face and get half a vile. Don't take any aspirin 48 hours beforehand to prevent bleeding. Only one time did get black and blue.

by Anonymousreply 25March 15, 2019 3:34 AM

Laura Mercier eye serum literally took away wrinkles that had been there for a few years (smile lines and small wrinkles under eyes). Microblading also helps.

by Anonymousreply 26March 15, 2019 3:49 AM

R1 was partially correct. Gently brush under your eyes with fresh cum. When it dries, everything will be nicely firmed up. Apply your foundation over the dried jizz and you're good to then complete your make-up.

by Anonymousreply 27March 15, 2019 3:50 AM

R26 = Laura Mercier

by Anonymousreply 28March 15, 2019 4:02 AM

Is semen really good for your skin?

by Anonymousreply 29March 15, 2019 12:39 PM

No. But semen is good for your belly.

by Anonymousreply 30March 15, 2019 12:41 PM

r29 no just your ass

by Anonymousreply 31March 15, 2019 12:43 PM

Cold pressed, organic, almond oil. I know deep down you want an expensive chemical to use but this is the best. It's great for all your skin but especially the eyes. Not only for the wrinkles but it's been proven to really lighten the dark circles. In about two weeks any dark circles you have will virtually disappear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 15, 2019 12:45 PM

r32 what he/she said plus add some vitamin e . You can just buy some vitamin e capsules and squeeze one in the bottle.

by Anonymousreply 33March 15, 2019 12:50 PM

Make sure your almond oil is cold pressed. Your skin will love it. It's a great evener too. Gets rid of all your blotches on your face. I was actually shocked at the difference in a week or so. Plus about $25.00 will give you a year's supply. Almond oil is loaded with vitamin E so I'm not sure if the capsule is needed but to each his own.

by Anonymousreply 34March 15, 2019 12:57 PM

Maybe you should just accept that you're getting old, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 15, 2019 1:04 PM

I alternate vitamin C and AHA (both from the Ordinary). I will probably start tretinoin/retin-A under the eyes again at some point.

You have build/maintain collagen to combat fine lines under the eyes. Just slapping on some moisturizer or oil really isn’t going to address the issues you mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 36March 15, 2019 1:54 PM

The only thing you need and should have done is SPF.

by Anonymousreply 37March 15, 2019 2:14 PM

Thanks for the tip R36

by Anonymousreply 38March 16, 2019 1:55 PM

My sister - who has eczema and super-sensitive thin combination skin as well as lines/circles- swears by La Roche Posay 'Pigmentclar' serum for her circles, but I look askance at the marketing for their products as they seem targeted and overpriced. I can't say I've noticed a dramatic difference in her eye appearance from before use, but she seems happy with the result. I will admit LRP lipid cream for severe dryness seems to do something for my flaky arid skin, but again their steep prices and classist marketing campaign is offputting.

[quote] a cooling eye roller really helps, especially on hungover mornings.

R20 I've heard that cold metal rollerballs (with or without product) can help reduce puffiness around eyes and brighten/firm the skin. If true, how exactly does that work? Is it just literally pushing the blood/fluid around?

by Anonymousreply 39March 16, 2019 6:03 PM

R39 temporary effect. Just like rubbing ice cube on ur dick will shrink it temporarily

by Anonymousreply 40March 16, 2019 10:16 PM

Someone mentioned microblading. That's nuts, next to eyes. It's used for eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 41March 16, 2019 10:44 PM

R36 would love to know your under eye routine!

by Anonymousreply 42March 17, 2019 12:37 AM

I knew you'd go for the expensive chemical treatments LOL

by Anonymousreply 43March 17, 2019 12:54 AM

Almond oil can help to lighten the dark circles under your eyes and reduce under-eye puffiness. This is thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Almond oil also contains retinol, vitamin E, and vitamin K, which can keep the delicate skin under your eyes smooth without irritating it.

by Anonymousreply 44March 17, 2019 12:55 AM

So is it better to go almond oil or vitamin C?

by Anonymousreply 45March 17, 2019 1:08 AM

i think coconut oil and olive oil is better. Avocado oil is supposed to be good too. Castor Oil is good but can cause pimples. Bio oil is good. Victoria Principal used to make this enzyne mask, OMFG. I would put it on at night and wake up in the morning and LITERALLY wrinkles were erased from my face. I'm not kidding. I was crushed when it was discontinued. Live a clean life and hydrate, hydrate, HYDRATE and moisturize moisturize MOISTURIZE.

by Anonymousreply 46March 17, 2019 1:16 AM

The point being is that there is a lot of natural stuff, with zero chemicals, that you can use that are just as good or better. I rotate what I use throughout the year. In the winter when it's really dry I buy shea butter and cocoa butter. I put them both in a glass container in hot pan of water on the stove, set on low, until they melt. Stir them together and let it cool back to a solid. I do that about twice a week and rotate with almond oil. Almond oil is always for around the eyes. I used coconut oil in the summer because I don't need a heavy moisturizer. It also helps that the natural moisturizers are about one tenth of the price of chemicals that may not work. Do a little research and try them out. You'll be pleasantly surprised at the difference. You won't go back to chemicals again.

by Anonymousreply 47March 17, 2019 1:21 AM

another vote for cold pressed almond oil - a large bottle is about 12 bucks and will last you a year at least. If your skin can handle it carrot seed oil is super effective for your skin and can slow the aging process - it can be comedogenic but if you use it under your eyes you can have amazing results.

by Anonymousreply 48March 17, 2019 1:29 AM

So....eye cancer r48?

I’ll pass thanks.

by Anonymousreply 49March 17, 2019 1:41 AM

[quote] I am 57 but look 28.

Are you a Japanese woman?

by Anonymousreply 50March 17, 2019 1:47 AM

r49 umm you do know what comedogenic means right? It means an oils ability to clog pores. Not carcinogenic.

by Anonymousreply 51March 17, 2019 1:57 AM

oops

Eye pimples r51?

I’ll pass thanks

by Anonymousreply 52March 17, 2019 2:05 AM

Timeless Vitamin C Serum w/Vit E and Ferulic, $25

A tiny dab of Josie Maran Argan Oil OVER eye cream smooths area out nicely, sinks right in, no greasy mess. I get the small travel size bottle of the JM Argan Oil at Sephora for $16 and it lasts quite awhile. I've tried other brands of argan oil and they just don't sink in like JM's and it has the best texture.

by Anonymousreply 53March 17, 2019 2:04 AM

Also, wear sunglasses any time you’re outdoors so you don’t squint and make more wrinkles.

by Anonymousreply 54March 17, 2019 3:20 AM

What can I put on my eyelid, under eye and top lash line? I have allergies and runny eyes. It makes tiny cuts against lash line.

by Anonymousreply 55April 3, 2019 12:02 AM

Juvederm and botox will fill them out and prevent further deterioration.

by Anonymousreply 56April 3, 2019 12:07 AM

R56 who are you talking to?

by Anonymousreply 57April 3, 2019 1:15 AM

R57 everyone!

by Anonymousreply 58April 3, 2019 1:23 AM

In addition to helping with wrinkles (in my opinion), the Garnier roller is a miracle worker for the undereye area after a busy social weekend (drinking puffiness)

by Anonymousreply 59April 3, 2019 1:26 AM

Rest

by Anonymousreply 60April 3, 2019 2:21 AM

I have hollowness under my eyes. So I guess I should start drinking to they get puffy?

by Anonymousreply 61April 3, 2019 3:52 AM

It's amazing that anyone, male or female, who drinks alcohol, takes recreational drugs, eats crap food and doesn't exercise actually thinks putting some shit on their face is going to help them stave off wrinkles. Especially after the wrinkles are already there. Hilarious!

Most of the people I know who don't live lives of excess look pretty damn good.

by Anonymousreply 62April 3, 2019 3:54 AM

For undereye hollowness, is there anything you recommend?

by Anonymousreply 63April 4, 2019 2:46 AM

gain ten pounds.

by Anonymousreply 64April 4, 2019 2:59 AM

Restalyne, R63. Works wonders.

by Anonymousreply 65April 4, 2019 3:15 AM

Isn’t it bad to put Retin-A under your eyes? I think the Retin-A is so strong and dark circles are a result of thin skin and using the Retin-A under eye would make the skin even thinner and the circles worse? 👁 👁

by Anonymousreply 66April 4, 2019 3:18 AM

R64, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 67April 4, 2019 12:08 PM

Just go all out and hide the wrinkles. Guaranteed that no one will notice them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 9, 2019 2:50 PM

I use Mario Badescu’s glycolic eye cream.

by Anonymousreply 69April 9, 2019 3:12 PM

The most proven product on the market is Skinceuticals serum. Expensive, but a vial lasts about six months. And it works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 9, 2019 3:13 PM

I need something calming to put on my eyelids.

by Anonymousreply 71April 9, 2019 3:53 PM

Olay eyes ultimate eye cream. It's not expensive, either.

by Anonymousreply 72April 9, 2019 3:57 PM

Wrinkles are God's way of saying he's stepping on your face, OP.

by Anonymousreply 73April 9, 2019 4:16 PM

Got 2 resurfx treatments, and haven't had to have fillers. No crow's feet, unless I smile. I still have nasolabial and forehead lines, but they're not as deep as they used to be.

I hate the way fillers make me look- I look better with a leaner face.

by Anonymousreply 74April 9, 2019 4:38 PM

Daily dermabrasion of the entire face and neck area also works. Nothing extremely harsh. Just cleanse your face with whatever facial cleanser you use and a softer version of a Buff Puff.

Wonder Puffs are excellent, if you can still find them, that is. I still see them at eBay and at other online sites, but they're more expensive than drugstore prices. I have no idea why drugstores no longer carry them. I used to purchase them at Duane Reade. The 8 pack was around $2.49.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 9, 2019 11:16 PM

I knew none of you would chose the natural, inexpensive, proven almond oil.

by Anonymousreply 76April 9, 2019 11:18 PM

Is almond oil better than these eye creams?

by Anonymousreply 77April 9, 2019 11:21 PM

as good or better. Good for your whole face. You skin loves it. ESPECIALLY dried and cracked feet. If you have bad feet put it on once at night and wake up and look at the difference for one night. It's just that one looking for something that helps most people, especially gay men, don't want anything that isn't expensive and a brand name backed up by dubious science.

Here: Almond oil can help to lighten the dark circles under your eyes and reduce under-eye puffiness. This is thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Almond oil also contains retinol, vitamin E, and vitamin K, which can keep the delicate skin under your eyes smooth without irritating it. These naturally occurring ingredients may also help contract the dilated blood vessels that are causing the discoloration.How to use almond oil for dark circles When using almond oil for dark circles, buy a high-quality oil. The oil should be pure and cold pressed, and preferably organic. First, wash your hands with soap and water. Then, wash your face with your daily cleanser and gently massage a small amount of almond oil into the area under your eyes. The massage helps increase blood circulation. For best results, do this in the evening and let the oil sit overnight and wash it away in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 78April 9, 2019 11:29 PM

Don't fight aging - it's part of getting older....

by Anonymousreply 79April 9, 2019 11:34 PM

Well you don't have to help it along. Taking care of yourself isn't fighting aging. Why shouldn't you want to moisturize your skin as you get older? It's your largest organ. You should take care of it. Another thing I want to mention is a filter for your shower. Especially if you are on city water that is chlorinated. The filter lasts about a year and takes five minutes to install. May reddish and flakey skin stopped almost overnight. Plus, if you do a little research, there is a myriad of reason on why you want to get chlorine out of your shower water. It also takes out the flouride in the shower and a lot of other shitty things that aren't good for your skin. The cost is about $35.00.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 9, 2019 11:40 PM

[quote]Don't fight aging - it's part of getting older....

There's nothing wrong with taking preventative measures. Not saying to run out and get a face lift or fillers, but there are ways to take care of oneself without trying to look and act like you are grasping to remain youthful. Nothing wrong with looking healthy and vibrant, at any age! Thankfully, I inherited my mom's super thick wavy hair. It's greying but still looks healthy and thick.

I do notice all my friends who were heavy partiers, all look older than their actual ages. One of them still smokes pot daily and still drinks, he looks like absolute crap. He's also gained about 40-50 pounds!

by Anonymousreply 81April 9, 2019 11:47 PM

r78 bitch I went out and got that Almond oil...so there. Not only is it good for the face, it's good lube!

by Anonymousreply 82April 9, 2019 11:48 PM

Any advice for under-eye bags? I’ve had them almost my entire life (especially when allergy season hits) and HATE them 😪

by Anonymousreply 83April 9, 2019 11:49 PM

Stay away from any American products.

by Anonymousreply 84April 10, 2019 12:00 AM

Me too R 83...it’s a curse for sure!!!

by Anonymousreply 85April 10, 2019 12:03 AM

Prescription tretinoin. But only use retinoids and retinol if you're going to wear sunscreen every single day, otherwise you're just going to accelerate aging.

Sunscreen and moisturizing all the time are the real secrets.

And wear sunglasses in all weather except rain

by Anonymousreply 86April 10, 2019 12:03 AM

Get the Sisley Creme Contour for Eyes and Lips and then use the massager which come with it. Results almost immediately. But it's about $200.00 for 15mls.

by Anonymousreply 87April 10, 2019 12:12 AM

R86 Only use foreign sunscreen, American ones don't protect against sun damage.

by Anonymousreply 88April 10, 2019 12:34 AM

B.elieve this if you want-a coworker recently asked me what I use on my skin because, he said, I look the same as when I first met him over 10 years ago. I told him I stay out of the sun, never use soap on my face and use only coconut oil to moisturize. I have also been asked what I use by strangers. Im 50, BTW.

by Anonymousreply 89April 10, 2019 12:39 AM

R76 - I've heard the raves about cold-pressed almond oil before, and just ordered a bottle from the link posted up thread.

Every year I get an IPL facial and within a month my skin looks fantastic - smooth, no splotches, and my complexion seems to have a slight radiance. Recommend it. (Chemical peels have caused more problems than they're worth in the past.) I got mine last November and my skin is still smooth and clear.

by Anonymousreply 90April 10, 2019 12:56 AM

Any suggestions for eye creams?

by Anonymousreply 91April 10, 2019 12:59 AM

Just saw a commercial for Plexaderm. Although, for some of the people the wrinkles should be the least of their worries. That broad who says feels good, feels great, looks even better! Scares the bejeezus outta me

by Anonymousreply 92April 10, 2019 1:20 AM

Prayer, OP, prayer.

by Anonymousreply 93April 10, 2019 1:36 AM

Is this the enzyme mask r46?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 10, 2019 4:07 AM

Mary Kay has a great moisturizer

by Anonymousreply 95April 10, 2019 4:33 AM

Don’t waste your money on Plexaderm. It does not work.

by Anonymousreply 96April 10, 2019 4:34 AM

Tell me more about this almond oil.

by Anonymousreply 97April 10, 2019 11:51 AM

I woke up this morning with pillow-creases. I’m 26 and this has never happened before. I also noticed a certain soft wrinkling around my already weak jaw & neck skin. I moisturise but apparently to no avail. What can I do to curtail this?

by Anonymousreply 98April 10, 2019 4:04 PM

Use an oil cleanser (I use Burt's Bees and Vichy). Moisturize with your chosen cream (I use Olay Regenerist and Nivea original cream) and then apply a layer of oil on top of this. Nothing will erase wrinkles permanently apart from injections / fillers, but you can make your skin look pretty smooth and amazing. Oh, and start drinking a shit-ton of lemon water throughout the day. Moisturizing from within makes all the difference.

by Anonymousreply 99April 10, 2019 4:40 PM

Lemon water all day? Too acidic. I’ll just drink Evian without lemon.

by Anonymousreply 100April 10, 2019 6:15 PM

R100, actually, lemon water has an alkaline effect on your body. We're not talking a 50-50 ratio; more like half a fresh lemon per half-litre or more of water.

by Anonymousreply 101April 10, 2019 6:26 PM

[R88] Not true. Zinc oxide remains the best sunscreen ingredient, it degrades much much slower than the chemical sunscreens you seen in Europe.

Elta MD UV Clear is great but expensive so I only use it on my face. For body I look for a chemical-zinc combo cheaper sunscreen and it does the job.

by Anonymousreply 102April 10, 2019 7:12 PM

Vitamin C serums are also a must.

by Anonymousreply 103April 10, 2019 7:12 PM

RoC retinol products, a facial oil, a good moisturizer, vitamin c and spf.

by Anonymousreply 104April 10, 2019 7:37 PM

R102 don't forget the expensive sunscreen on your neck (and chest) too. And back of hands.

So after cleansing in the morning, do you apply moisturizer or sunscreen first?

I should just get the two-in-one (Olay luminous whatever with spf30). But I'm reading that USA sunscreen does not protect against UVB photo-ageing. You need Asian sunscreen with PA++++ rating for that.

by Anonymousreply 105April 10, 2019 9:50 PM

Also put sunscreen on the tops and backs of ears- it's very common for men to get skin cancer on the ears because of short hair. Also If you're using a chemical based sunscreen, apply 20-30 minutes before you're actually in the sun, because it takes that much time for the chemicals to work. I will also add to throw it away every year and buy a new one.

R105, the French sunscreens are much better than the Americans ones too.

by Anonymousreply 106April 10, 2019 9:58 PM

Jojoba oil is fantastic for your whole face and neck area.

by Anonymousreply 107April 10, 2019 10:13 PM

I've heard bad things about retinol, like retin a. There are many stories online of women who used it under their eyes and claimed it ruined their skin. Since the area under your eyes is so fragile, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to put any creams there.

I wear eyeglasses, and the polycarbonate plastic supposedly blocks UV light which would be a good thing I think (?)

by Anonymousreply 108April 10, 2019 10:17 PM

Not even moisturizer under your eyes?

by Anonymousreply 109April 11, 2019 12:20 AM

What about rosehip oil?

by Anonymousreply 110April 11, 2019 12:51 AM

I've been using Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizer since I've been in my early 20s. My older sister gave me samples and I've been hooked ever since! I posted about it upthread.

Whatever is in that shit, it works. I also use it under my eyes. I'm a man. Before I started using Retin-A, Tazorac and Adapalene, I used this Clinique moisturizer. My skin has looked great since I start using this.

by Anonymousreply 111April 11, 2019 1:15 AM

If it's just puffiness and dark circles, find a product with caffeine. If it's wrinkles, still use a product with caffeine but go higher end like Sisley to slow down the process. But if you don't want wrinkles at all I'm afraid none of the products will reverse the ones you already have and the solution is an eye job but if you're male don't get one because it makes men look trans.

by Anonymousreply 112April 11, 2019 2:33 AM

"Zinc oxide remains the best sunscreen ingredient, it degrades much much slower than the chemical sunscreens you seen in Europe."

Tests show chemical sunscreens give better protection than mineral ones

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 11, 2019 2:34 AM

R23, but then she'd have ashy skin.

by Anonymousreply 114April 11, 2019 4:12 AM

Alpha Hydroxy Acid. This from Ecco Bella:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 11, 2019 4:32 AM

Goatmilk soap and cream.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 11, 2019 4:33 AM

Retin A, prescription 1 percent.

and CeraVe, which contains ceramides and hyaluronic acid. CeraVe is over-the-counter, affordable and developed and recommended by dermatologists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 11, 2019 4:54 AM

Why would someone give beauty tips to a wrinkle?

by Anonymousreply 118April 11, 2019 5:01 AM

FYI...

The generic prescription name for Retin A is "Tretinoin." But make sure you get the .01 percent, which is the strongest. The .05 percent is not bad but less potent.

by Anonymousreply 119April 11, 2019 5:10 AM

I love this Prai serum. It's great. Get it at HSN. Seriously, it's very good. Remember, serum goes on first. I wear it under my Retin A and CeraVe moisturizer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 11, 2019 5:14 AM

To cheer people up: wasn't there a recent new story about US SPF products being much less effective than European?

by Anonymousreply 121April 11, 2019 5:19 AM

If you have bags and wrinkles, use Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Eye. It will get rid of both for about 8 hours. Obviously it is not permanent, but if you are actively using other things to reverse the aging, this is a good temporary fix. It works really really well. It's cheaper on eBay than Amazon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 11, 2019 5:20 AM

R119 Retin A is strong stuff. Wouldn't it be harsh on the undereye skin?

by Anonymousreply 123April 11, 2019 5:28 AM

Do you recommend any Lush products for aging skin? I'm in my mid-30s. Ultrabland is my go to-cleanser, it cured my cystic acne.

by Anonymousreply 124April 11, 2019 9:03 AM

I have been using a moisturiser every day and night since I was in my twenty's. I am now in my sixties and have no wrinkles on my face, plus I have been a sun worshiper all my life and apart from a few small melasma spots, my skin is clear. Use a simple moisturiser every day, you don't have to pay a fortune to keep your skin looking good. Also, smoking is the worst thing you can do for wrinkling your skin.

by Anonymousreply 125April 11, 2019 4:49 PM

What can be done for the lines above your lip.

by Anonymousreply 126April 11, 2019 5:54 PM

Fillers

by Anonymousreply 127April 11, 2019 8:41 PM

I was looking for something permanent R127.

by Anonymousreply 128April 11, 2019 9:24 PM

Lasers

by Anonymousreply 129April 11, 2019 9:53 PM

cut your lips off if you want permanent.

by Anonymousreply 130April 11, 2019 9:58 PM

Thanks to this thread, I've started almond oil. Been one week, no major differences yet. Doing it under my eyes, and also on my feet. The feet are better in the morning but then dry up during the day. I wonder if I need a hardcore foot scrub or something...

For those of you who love the almond oil under the eyes--how much do you use? My face gets pretty greasy and my glasses start to slip on the bridge of my nose. I think perhaps I'm using too much.

by Anonymousreply 131April 11, 2019 10:05 PM

R137 Try Amlactin for your feet. Horrible smell that dissipates about 10 seconds after you rub it in, but it is amazing stuff.

by Anonymousreply 132April 12, 2019 5:16 AM

[quote]The generic prescription name for Retin A is "Tretinoin." But make sure you get the .01 percent, which is the strongest. The .05 percent is not bad but less potent.

Who the hell would recommended the strongest percentage of Retin/Tretinoin?! Are you completely bonkers? There is no .01 strength anyway. Retin-A has three strengths of tretinoin: 0.1 percent, 0.05 percent, and 0.025 percent.

A derma usually prescribes the lowest, 0.025, then sees how their patient reacts. I started with the 0.1, which was too strong. I now use 0.05% and my skin looks great.

by Anonymousreply 133April 12, 2019 6:53 AM

There are five main types of retinoids used in the treatment of wrinkles: Retinyl palmitate. This is the least potent OTC retinoid. Retinaldehyde. This is an OTC retinoid that's slightly stronger than retinyl palmitate. Retinol. This is the strongest ingredient found in OTC retinoid products. Tretinoin. Tazarotene

by Anonymousreply 134April 12, 2019 6:54 AM

What's going on with Rami Malek's baggy eyes?!

Isn't he kind of young to look like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135April 12, 2019 7:00 AM

R116 can we get that from the Sandvoss’ brothers First Light Creamery & farm?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 12, 2019 7:48 AM

Looking forward to trying the cold pressed almond oil. Thanks for all the suggestions!

by Anonymousreply 137April 12, 2019 9:10 AM

R125, are you black?

by Anonymousreply 138April 12, 2019 11:30 AM

My biggest complaint is under my mouth and chin area. Anyone else have that problem? If so, what do you do? Thanks

by Anonymousreply 139April 12, 2019 11:40 AM

R138 No I am White.

by Anonymousreply 140April 13, 2019 8:38 AM

fillers

by Anonymousreply 141April 13, 2019 12:42 PM

Don't smoke, wear moisturiser and stay out of the sun.....simple!

by Anonymousreply 142April 13, 2019 3:31 PM

I've been using a product from Celestolite for my bags/wrinkles under my eyes. Used properly, they disappear. Just a tiny dab under each eye every week. Not sure if this product is sold in the U.S.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 13, 2019 4:14 PM

You only use it once a week R143?

by Anonymousreply 144April 13, 2019 4:34 PM

Yes. Or if I have a special date and want to look my best.

by Anonymousreply 145April 13, 2019 4:39 PM

Which one of their products are you using R145?

by Anonymousreply 146April 13, 2019 4:44 PM

Never mind R145. I should have checked you link. The reviews are mixed on that.

by Anonymousreply 147April 13, 2019 4:46 PM

R143, that product costs most of my monthly rent. In London!

by Anonymousreply 148April 13, 2019 5:36 PM

Anyone use butt-paste?

by Anonymousreply 149April 13, 2019 5:37 PM

$1000 for that stuff @R143??? You might as well go to a professional.

by Anonymousreply 150April 17, 2019 7:41 AM

Silk pillowcases will help prevent further wrinkles, but you really can't reverse what's already there with anything topical.

by Anonymousreply 151April 17, 2019 8:09 AM

I know a guy who swears by Frownies and Wrinkies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152April 17, 2019 10:59 AM

R152 what do those do?

by Anonymousreply 153April 17, 2019 11:29 AM

Nothing

by Anonymousreply 154April 18, 2019 12:31 AM

you can find less expensive(ly packaged) squalane than Biossance. I've been using some for a few weeks and so far, love the results.

by Anonymousreply 155May 18, 2019 2:32 PM

Did anyone see that 9-11 episode where the surgical staff passed out from a gas leak and the patient is rescued with her forehead flapping down and her neck skin peeled off? It put me off surgery. Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 156May 18, 2019 2:38 PM

Haaa I worked on that episode, r156, the spfx was AWESOME in person. It was supposed to be worse, with more blood, and the flap further down, but it was a little too gory and not comedic enough.

by Anonymousreply 157May 18, 2019 4:51 PM

[R34] according to the Vermont Country Store, almond oil was Jackie Kennedy’s beauty secret.

by Anonymousreply 158May 18, 2019 7:32 PM

Almond oil is fantastic. Sometimes I put some on my no-no and all hell breaks loose!

by Anonymousreply 159May 18, 2019 8:04 PM

This no no?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 19, 2019 5:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!