Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Beauty Tips for Wrinkles Under The Eyes

God has started the aging process on me. I'm suddenly getting some fine lines and wrinkles under my eyes. Anyone have any beauty tips to combat? A favorite Retinol product perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 5403/16/2019

Freshly discharged semen - does nothing for the wrinkles, but it does take your mind off them...

by Anonymousreply 103/14/2019

Any source recommendations?

by Anonymousreply 203/14/2019

Stop sleeping with a pillow, it puts pressure on that fine tissue. If you must sleep, do so on your back, or put the weight on your ear when you lie on your side, not your face. I have never slept with pillows, and I am 57 but look 28.

by Anonymousreply 303/14/2019

Preparation H

by Anonymousreply 403/14/2019

Don't bother with retinol in your under-eye area, or the acids. Milder stuff will do the trick just fine as that part of the face is pretty responsive, and it will be safer for your eyes as well. You should see noticeable results quickly with just a cheap moisturizer designed specifically for that area.

by Anonymousreply 503/14/2019

Should have worn spf. Damn shame.

by Anonymousreply 603/14/2019

R1 is right. I had a coworker who had her son drop off a nightly sample by her door before bed and she would slather that shit on.

by Anonymousreply 703/14/2019

Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream Is worthless.

by Anonymousreply 803/14/2019

You cannot expect to thrash your skin in the sun and/or tanning salon for decades, smoke, drink, have horrid genetics, and stay out half the night and expect some product to fix your ugly mess of a face. To possess beauty, you must live correctly and have proper genetics.

by Anonymousreply 903/14/2019

I haven't done any of those things. Thanks R5

by Anonymousreply 1003/14/2019

Oil of Olay Regenerist. I swear by that stuff,and Im 58 but look 56.

by Anonymousreply 1103/14/2019

"I am 57 but look 28"

In FaceTune, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 1203/14/2019

Start moisturizing yesterday. Anything will help. I've been using Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizer since college, and I'd guess I maybe look 10 years younger than my age. Having lifelong oily skin also helped.

by Anonymousreply 1303/14/2019

Plastic surgery is the answer

by Anonymousreply 1403/14/2019

It's been almost a year since I got my last Restalyne injection for my hollow eyes. Maybe that will help bang them out.

by Anonymousreply 1503/14/2019

Not everyone can afford plastic surgery R14.

by Anonymousreply 1603/14/2019

R16 go to Thailand

by Anonymousreply 1703/14/2019

So what's the best cheap moisturizer then?

by Anonymousreply 1803/14/2019

R15, Restalyne works well? I'm considering it. Any cautions or tips? Do you have a thin or full face? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 1903/14/2019

There's a natural product called Biossance that is squalane-based (plants, not fish) that I really like. My sister gave me a sample of the face oil--it works great and can be used all over. They also have an eye gel I use at night. The stuff isn't exactly cheap but you barely use any per application so it lasts forever.

And for morning/daytime eye, Garnier has a cooling eye roller that really helps, especially on hungover mornings.

Fraus DO have useful info sometimes!

by Anonymousreply 2003/14/2019

They also have sample orders that you can get for $5 shipping to try out

by Anonymousreply 2103/14/2019

R4 the smell of Preparation H will keep people away, so they won't see the bags. Was told the chemical that did the trick years ago was removed from the American version, but still available in Canada. Can anyone confirm this?

by Anonymousreply 2203/14/2019

Be Black. You'll look much younger with no wrinkles. Assuming you live a clean life.

by Anonymousreply 2303/14/2019

[quote]Start moisturizing yesterday. Anything will help. I've been using Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizer since college, and I'd guess I maybe look 10 years younger than my age. Having lifelong oily skin also helped.

This stuff does work! My old ersister gave me the sample bottles when I was a young gayling. I've been using this stuff since around 21-22. My skin is amazing. I also started using Retin-A, Adapalene and Tazorac about 10 years ago. These meds really do work. Start with the lowest percentage, otherwise, you will experience irritation and peeling. I use 0.05% in Retin A and 0.1% Adapalene. IIRC, Adapalene is now available OTC.

I also use a generic less abrasive Buff-Puff with a mild skin cleanser such as Cetaphil. That helps with mild dermabrasion.

by Anonymousreply 2403/14/2019

R19, yes for hollow eyes. I have a full face and get half a vile. Don't take any aspirin 48 hours beforehand to prevent bleeding. Only one time did get black and blue.

by Anonymousreply 2503/14/2019

Laura Mercier eye serum literally took away wrinkles that had been there for a few years (smile lines and small wrinkles under eyes). Microblading also helps.

by Anonymousreply 2603/14/2019

R1 was partially correct. Gently brush under your eyes with fresh cum. When it dries, everything will be nicely firmed up. Apply your foundation over the dried jizz and you're good to then complete your make-up.

by Anonymousreply 2703/14/2019

R26 = Laura Mercier

by Anonymousreply 2803/14/2019

Is semen really good for your skin?

by Anonymousreply 2903/15/2019

No. But semen is good for your belly.

by Anonymousreply 3003/15/2019

r29 no just your ass

by Anonymousreply 3103/15/2019

Cold pressed, organic, almond oil. I know deep down you want an expensive chemical to use but this is the best. It's great for all your skin but especially the eyes. Not only for the wrinkles but it's been proven to really lighten the dark circles. In about two weeks any dark circles you have will virtually disappear.

by Anonymousreply 3203/15/2019

r32 what he/she said plus add some vitamin e . You can just buy some vitamin e capsules and squeeze one in the bottle.

by Anonymousreply 3303/15/2019

Make sure your almond oil is cold pressed. Your skin will love it. It's a great evener too. Gets rid of all your blotches on your face. I was actually shocked at the difference in a week or so. Plus about $25.00 will give you a year's supply. Almond oil is loaded with vitamin E so I'm not sure if the capsule is needed but to each his own.

by Anonymousreply 3403/15/2019

Maybe you should just accept that you're getting old, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3503/15/2019

I alternate vitamin C and AHA (both from the Ordinary). I will probably start tretinoin/retin-A under the eyes again at some point.

You have build/maintain collagen to combat fine lines under the eyes. Just slapping on some moisturizer or oil really isn’t going to address the issues you mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 3603/15/2019

The only thing you need and should have done is SPF.

by Anonymousreply 3703/15/2019

Thanks for the tip R36

by Anonymousreply 3803/16/2019

My sister - who has eczema and super-sensitive thin combination skin as well as lines/circles- swears by La Roche Posay 'Pigmentclar' serum for her circles, but I look askance at the marketing for their products as they seem targeted and overpriced. I can't say I've noticed a dramatic difference in her eye appearance from before use, but she seems happy with the result. I will admit LRP lipid cream for severe dryness seems to do something for my flaky arid skin, but again their steep prices and classist marketing campaign is offputting.

[quote] a cooling eye roller really helps, especially on hungover mornings.

R20 I've heard that cold metal rollerballs (with or without product) can help reduce puffiness around eyes and brighten/firm the skin. If true, how exactly does that work? Is it just literally pushing the blood/fluid around?

by Anonymousreply 3903/16/2019

R39 temporary effect. Just like rubbing ice cube on ur dick will shrink it temporarily

by Anonymousreply 4003/16/2019

Someone mentioned microblading. That's nuts, next to eyes. It's used for eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 4103/16/2019

R36 would love to know your under eye routine!

by Anonymousreply 4203/16/2019

I knew you'd go for the expensive chemical treatments LOL

by Anonymousreply 4303/16/2019

Almond oil can help to lighten the dark circles under your eyes and reduce under-eye puffiness. This is thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Almond oil also contains retinol, vitamin E, and vitamin K, which can keep the delicate skin under your eyes smooth without irritating it.

by Anonymousreply 4403/16/2019

So is it better to go almond oil or vitamin C?

by Anonymousreply 4503/16/2019

i think coconut oil and olive oil is better. Avocado oil is supposed to be good too. Castor Oil is good but can cause pimples. Bio oil is good. Victoria Principal used to make this enzyne mask, OMFG. I would put it on at night and wake up in the morning and LITERALLY wrinkles were erased from my face. I'm not kidding. I was crushed when it was discontinued. Live a clean life and hydrate, hydrate, HYDRATE and moisturize moisturize MOISTURIZE.

by Anonymousreply 4603/16/2019

The point being is that there is a lot of natural stuff, with zero chemicals, that you can use that are just as good or better. I rotate what I use throughout the year. In the winter when it's really dry I buy shea butter and cocoa butter. I put them both in a glass container in hot pan of water on the stove, set on low, until they melt. Stir them together and let it cool back to a solid. I do that about twice a week and rotate with almond oil. Almond oil is always for around the eyes. I used coconut oil in the summer because I don't need a heavy moisturizer. It also helps that the natural moisturizers are about one tenth of the price of chemicals that may not work. Do a little research and try them out. You'll be pleasantly surprised at the difference. You won't go back to chemicals again.

by Anonymousreply 4703/16/2019

another vote for cold pressed almond oil - a large bottle is about 12 bucks and will last you a year at least. If your skin can handle it carrot seed oil is super effective for your skin and can slow the aging process - it can be comedogenic but if you use it under your eyes you can have amazing results.

by Anonymousreply 4803/16/2019

So....eye cancer r48?

I’ll pass thanks.

by Anonymousreply 4903/16/2019

[quote] I am 57 but look 28.

Are you a Japanese woman?

by Anonymousreply 5003/16/2019

r49 umm you do know what comedogenic means right? It means an oils ability to clog pores. Not carcinogenic.

by Anonymousreply 5103/16/2019

oops

Eye pimples r51?

I’ll pass thanks

by Anonymousreply 5203/16/2019

Timeless Vitamin C Serum w/Vit E and Ferulic, $25

A tiny dab of Josie Maran Argan Oil OVER eye cream smooths area out nicely, sinks right in, no greasy mess. I get the small travel size bottle of the JM Argan Oil at Sephora for $16 and it lasts quite awhile. I've tried other brands of argan oil and they just don't sink in like JM's and it has the best texture.

by Anonymousreply 5303/16/2019

Also, wear sunglasses any time you’re outdoors so you don’t squint and make more wrinkles.

by Anonymousreply 5403/16/2019
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!