Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Emma Haruka Iwao sets Pi world record

Emma looks quite guy like, IMO. Trans?

Google Employee Emma Haruka Iwao Just Broke The World Record For Calculating Digits Of Pi

It's World Pi Day — Mar. 14, or 3/14, the first three digits of pi — and to celebrate, Google has announced that one of its engineers, Emma Haruka Iwao, has set a new world record for calculating pi, or ?. She used Google's cloud-based computer…

by Anonymousreply 1203/16/2019

I'd say yes...shoulders are very broad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103/14/2019

Fuck off OP.

by Anonymousreply 203/14/2019

Fuck you too, r2.

Anyway, that's a man, babeh! Funny thing about this is, it's a major scientific/mathematical accomplishment, so I wonder if the usual radfem harridans are going to swoop down on this one, or just take one for the team?

by Anonymousreply 303/14/2019

By the way, she's a Lesbian who Techs! See below.

Is she a real lesbian (a woman who likes women) or a "lesbian" (a man who likes women)?

Our new reality is so mysterious, isn't it?

Emma Haruka Iwao - Lesbians Who Tech

Emma is a developer advocate for Google Cloud Platform, focusing on application developers experience. She is trying to make Cloud... read more

by Anonymousreply 403/14/2019

The number was calculated by a computer, not her

by Anonymousreply 503/14/2019

Trans https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3532821-World-pi-record-smashed-by-female-mathematician-with-help-of-google?pg=4&order=#prettyPhoto

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603/16/2019

Trans so record wasn't broken by a woman

by Anonymousreply 703/16/2019

It's interesting how many trans people there are in tech.

by Anonymousreply 803/16/2019

Emmanuel

by Anonymousreply 903/16/2019

r6: Grammar Queens, should the sign in r6 state "I'm trangender and a software engineer" to be correct?

r7: Pretty much

by Anonymousreply 1003/16/2019

R6 Thanks. I'm not surprised though as the pictures kind of made it obvious.

It raises an interesting question: are all the trans in tech helping or hurting women in tech? Google and the others point to Emma as signs that the once male dominated industry is changing but these opportunities aren't being given to actual women and a perpetuates a false narrative that things are changing when they aren't.

by Anonymousreply 1103/16/2019

It’s very Tootsie - ish. You have to be blind not to see that’s a man though. That’s typical Asian male face.

by Anonymousreply 1203/16/2019
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!