Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woman on flight told to 'cover up' complains.

“Shut up you pathetic woman. Put a f***ing jacket on.” Gross

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 14, 2019 7:05 PM

It's been done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 14, 2019 3:06 PM

The Brits are unbelievable dressers.

I love flying with them from holiday destinations, because by mere avoidance of shorts, tanks tops, flips flops and wearing closed toe shoes and a shirt with buttons and a collar, I get free upgrades to Business Class frequently, and First once.

It’s like those women in the DM who are so offended that their children’s schools suggest they don’t drop of their children whilst wearing PJs, slippers and a dressing gown, but set an example by putting on actual clothes and shoes.

by Anonymousreply 2March 14, 2019 3:06 PM

What is DM - deutsche mark?

by Anonymousreply 3March 14, 2019 3:07 PM

Get those dirty pillows away from me

by Anonymousreply 4March 14, 2019 3:09 PM

Quelle skank.

by Anonymousreply 5March 14, 2019 3:12 PM

There's a youtube travel account called Wolters World. The guy who runs it is as red faced and fat as many basic middle Americans, but he dresses appropriately and always has lists of how people should behave on planes. Number one is "Put on clothes!!!" NOT pajamas. Don't truck around barefoot. Don't be a pig.

Went to Mexico a couple of years ago, changed planes in Houston. Half the guys getting on had what looked like swimwear as their shorts.

by Anonymousreply 6March 14, 2019 3:16 PM

The article points out there was a man on the flight a few rows back who was wearing shorts and a vest, no shirt, yet he wasn't admonished the same way.

For those who think the West is so superior to right wing Islam because we don't dictate what women can wear....

by Anonymousreply 7March 14, 2019 4:13 PM

[quote] he dresses appropriately

What people think appropriate for men is not extended to women. Women are told to cover up more.

by Anonymousreply 8March 14, 2019 4:14 PM

It was in a tropical country, for goodness sakes. THIS is what women wear!

by Anonymousreply 9March 14, 2019 4:15 PM

If she was overweight or grossly out of shape, I could understand complaints, but she has a good body and looks good in the outfit. I get offended by slovenly, unkempt and dirty-looking people with sweatstains under their pits. She looked fine to me.

by Anonymousreply 10March 14, 2019 5:23 PM

I teach college and see more and more students traipsing to class wearing pajama bottoms (they have t-shirts or sweatshirts on top). I'm not a prude, but I do think it suggests an attitude towards their academics. Maybe I can get a job at USC with this experience!

by Anonymousreply 11March 14, 2019 5:25 PM

R10, you're too kind. People like that shouldn't be allowed to travel on public transportation. Or at all. They should stay home. Or just die.

by Anonymousreply 12March 14, 2019 5:43 PM

It was fine.

by Anonymousreply 13March 14, 2019 6:26 PM

Bitch, Just cover up so the flight can take off.

by Anonymousreply 14March 14, 2019 7:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!