Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Democratic Presidential contenders

All these folks have declared except Biden, who we know is going to announce very soon. I couldn’t fit every declared candidate, but these seem like the ones discussed most right now on Datalounge. Who’s your favorite?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 14, 2019 10:44 PM

It's disturbing that none of these people impress me.

Hold me, David- we're going to lose.

by Anonymousreply 1March 14, 2019 2:22 PM

Let's see. What have we got. 4 bigots supporting bigotry. 3 geezers. One joke butt. 3 non-starters.

by Anonymousreply 2March 14, 2019 2:25 PM

R1 ..was that way too , in fact actually negative towards most of them UNITL I started listening to and watching Pete, then my world changed

by Anonymousreply 3March 14, 2019 2:25 PM

I'm not feeling Beto? No one (in recent memory) goes from state-level legislator to President--but I guess Trump broke that mold.

Now we'll go with anyone who can talk the good talk

by Anonymousreply 4March 14, 2019 2:30 PM

R4: He was in the Federal House of Representatives. Not state. But yes, it was only 3 terms and he has some questionable policies and votes in his past. I like Pete Buttigieg more and more, but I'm still with Warren.

by Anonymousreply 5March 14, 2019 2:33 PM

Public office experience doesn't matter anymore after Trump, so stop taking it into account. Sorry, but anything goes in this cycle. I'd vote for a dried-up corpse over Trump.

by Anonymousreply 6March 14, 2019 2:34 PM

What about Insley?

by Anonymousreply 7March 14, 2019 2:35 PM

R6: No. It doesn't work that way. I want policy enacted. And I want people who know how to get that done and support the policies I support.

by Anonymousreply 8March 14, 2019 2:39 PM

Experience litmus tests are stupid. Our last election saw the most and least qualified candidates ever facing off, and look who won.

by Anonymousreply 9March 14, 2019 2:40 PM

I think we've seen from this administration that the litmus test was there for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 10March 14, 2019 2:47 PM

And I think we’ve seen from the actual electorate that it doesn’t actually matter as much as other things, like messaging and likeability factor.

by Anonymousreply 11March 14, 2019 2:58 PM

Beto by far. Least favorite: that misogynist Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 12March 14, 2019 2:59 PM

Beto won’t even win his home state. He’s also the epitome of an empty suit. Pay attention when he answers direct questions. He speaks in generalities and platitudes. And he has voted with Republicans far too many times.

by Anonymousreply 13March 14, 2019 3:00 PM

I honestly don't know and am basically sitting back and waiting at this point. It's so early and people are starting in on the nastiness already, and we know they're going to keep it up for 18 months straight because the kind of people attracted to political trolling on the internet are the kind of people who need professional mental health assistance. Why get embroiled in that now?

Absolutely do not want either Sanders or Biden because of their baggage and their age, but if they win the nom I'll vote for them.

by Anonymousreply 14March 14, 2019 3:01 PM

R6, thanks for your support.

by Anonymousreply 15March 14, 2019 3:02 PM

Ive got a harden for that cutie buttigieg

by Anonymousreply 16March 14, 2019 3:03 PM

I do not understand the excitement and buzz about Beto O'Rourke. He should have won over Ted Cruz in the 2018 race if he were preferable, and I find Cruz loathsome. How are Democratic candidates supposed to win if more people who prefer Ted Cruz and Republicans get to the voting stations than people who are willing to move beyond loathsome?

by Anonymousreply 17March 14, 2019 3:06 PM

R11: So as long as they beat Trump, that's it for you? They can cut taxes, put kids in cages and do right wing things, but they're not Trump so that's cool? That is the logical conclusion of what you're advocating. Experience and policies DO matter and I and others will take those into consideration when the time comes to cast our primary vote.

by Anonymousreply 18March 14, 2019 3:06 PM

"but I'm still with Warren."

But I DESTROYED her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 14, 2019 3:10 PM

R18, that reply is too stupid to justify a response. Stop putting words in my mouth, it’s very trollish. All I am saying is that experience should not be the most important consideration over all others. Feel free to come back with more straw man responses but I’ve already blocked you for your stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 20March 14, 2019 3:22 PM

[quote]They can cut taxes, put kids in cages and do right wing things

Buddy, you're saying up thread that you're voting Warren. You really trying to tell us she hasn't done "right wing things"?

by Anonymousreply 21March 14, 2019 3:26 PM

i love Joe, but his age is against him. same with Bernie. Beto reminds me of Bobby Kennedy. and he probably won TX, but for gop voter suppression.

by Anonymousreply 22March 14, 2019 3:28 PM

R21: I'm not your buddy, PAL. And no she hasn't done right wing things.

by Anonymousreply 23March 14, 2019 3:53 PM

R11 was talking about experience, not policy. Quite a leap to go from that to “I guess you’re okay with putting kids in cages.”

by Anonymousreply 24March 14, 2019 4:33 PM

Beto-Kamala are my choices.

by Anonymousreply 25March 14, 2019 4:33 PM

I like everyone except Tulsi, future pundit on RT.

by Anonymousreply 26March 14, 2019 4:35 PM

R24: It's a hypothetical. If the only criteria is victory above all else, then someone would could beat Trump by continuing that monstrous policy would be just fine. Voting for personality devoid of policy considerations is a dangerous road is my point, and I wish people would stop doing it.

by Anonymousreply 27March 14, 2019 5:10 PM

[quote]And no she hasn't done right wing things.

Registering as a Republican and voting for Republicans are "right wing things."

by Anonymousreply 28March 14, 2019 5:14 PM

R28: She has recanted and rejects all of that now. Pay attention to the last 20 years, DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 29March 14, 2019 5:16 PM

Jay Inslee isn't in the poll but he will be the front-runner in a few months once everyone gets to know him. I'd love to see a Jay/Kamala ticket.

by Anonymousreply 30March 14, 2019 5:53 PM

little pete

by Anonymousreply 31March 14, 2019 5:55 PM

Funny how all the pointed criticism here is directed at Beto.

And yet he’s #1 in the poll so far.

Oh well, I’m sure the Bernie Bros and Russian trolls will be voting voting voting in our little poll soon enough to make it look like DL’s most hated candidate, Bernie, is #1.

by Anonymousreply 32March 14, 2019 5:59 PM

r30 I'm gratified to read this. A recent five thirty-eight article presented a chart that had Inslee in the low-middle for name recognition and likeability (December - March comparisons). I do expect Inslee's star to rise.

by Anonymousreply 33March 14, 2019 6:00 PM

[quote]If the only criteria is victory above all else

WHO SAID THAT IN THIS THREAD?? Stop putting words in people’s mouths you fucking troll.

by Anonymousreply 34March 14, 2019 10:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!