Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

David Mamet defends William H. Macy and Felicity Huffman

[quote] That a parent’s zeal for her children’s future may have overcome her better judgment for a moment is not only unfortunate, it is, I know we parents would agree, a universal phenomenon.

I wonder if this is a comment on the opportunities he has purchased... er, I mean, suggested for Zosia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2019 2:52 PM

Damage control or an admission of guilt?

The lack of ethical or moral compass makes for a author and writer, but a very poor citizen and member of society.

Write what you know, David. Write what you know.

by Anonymousreply 1March 13, 2019 4:42 PM

His daughter is so fucking ugly.

by Anonymousreply 2March 13, 2019 4:45 PM

It's funny that he's a good-looking man (or was when he was younger), but somehow Zosia wound up being so homely.

by Anonymousreply 3March 13, 2019 4:47 PM

Repoters need to investigate. Thanks for the lead, DM, you Republican sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 4March 13, 2019 4:50 PM

R3, he's so gross.

by Anonymousreply 5March 13, 2019 4:51 PM

Just curious: did Felicity or any of these other crooks really think that their kids would suddenly become serious students just because they are enrolled at a serious college??

Is Felicity really that stupid?

by Anonymousreply 6March 13, 2019 4:53 PM

Agree that no one needs to hear one white multi millionaire defend the clearly illegal actions of another white multi millionaire

by Anonymousreply 7March 13, 2019 4:57 PM

Wasn't just a bribe, or the exchange of funds for admission. It was creating fake athletic profiles and having someone else take (or correct) that SAT for them. My God this man is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 8March 13, 2019 4:59 PM

R6 That;s exactly what I was thinking. Were they going to pay someone to take the classes and do the work too?

by Anonymousreply 9March 13, 2019 4:59 PM

White peoples problems.

by Anonymousreply 10March 13, 2019 5:01 PM

When you defend a parent cheating, committing fraud, pushing out worthy students from a prestigious spot, and trying to secure an elite placement for their child you have the moral character of shit. Not only did they break the law, they set a poor example of how to make it through life for their children. That action in itself is enough to shame them. I get he is defending his friends but do it in private. That way I won't think less of you in public.

by Anonymousreply 11March 13, 2019 5:01 PM

I always hated his plays. Overrated f*ckery.

by Anonymousreply 12March 13, 2019 5:03 PM

Yea and this wasn't a mere moment of "woopsie". These lies were orchestrated and maintained.

by Anonymousreply 13March 13, 2019 5:05 PM

They cuffed Felicity? How humiliating.

by Anonymousreply 14March 13, 2019 5:08 PM

“Zeal?” You’re a fucking idiot, Mamet. And you sound like a fucking frau.

by Anonymousreply 15March 13, 2019 5:15 PM

David should have kept it at “Thoughts and Prayers” and moved in with his day

by Anonymousreply 16March 13, 2019 11:52 PM

Maybe Dave can whip up an equivalent to LOVE LETTERS....I have a feeling there may be a lot of summer stock for Felicity and Bill in the coming years....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 14, 2019 10:45 PM

Broke guy asks his friend for a loan. His friend replies: Neither a borrower nor a lender be. William Shakespeare!

Broke guy: Fuck you. David Mamet!

by Anonymousreply 18March 14, 2019 10:50 PM

And to think we only brought the Dean a turkey...

by Anonymousreply 19March 15, 2019 4:30 AM

He's lost his talent, mind, and soul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 15, 2019 4:33 AM

Apparently, Bill and Felicity are headed for divorce.

Is Mamet married? Maybe he can swoop in and save Felicity.

by Anonymousreply 21March 24, 2019 12:00 PM

David Mamet is married to actress Rebecca Pidgeon. Has been since 1992.

His comments on this are deplorable and just shows how out of touch with the real world the guy is. His career, of whats left of it should go down the toilet along with the deplorables he is defending.

by Anonymousreply 22March 24, 2019 12:27 PM

The ruling class will deny the unfairness of nepotism while staunchly defending the practice as their right, and upholding the myth of the meritocracy all the while.

by Anonymousreply 23March 24, 2019 12:30 PM

He’s. Trumpy

by Anonymousreply 24March 24, 2019 12:31 PM

He is Trumpy, and the Macy Huffman brand is liberal Dems. It is really about money arrogance .

by Anonymousreply 25March 24, 2019 12:42 PM

[quote]Apparently, Bill and Felicity are headed for divorce.

Which sources are reporting troubles in Bill & Felicity's marriage?

by Anonymousreply 26March 24, 2019 12:59 PM

Never liked David Mamet. Never understood the hype about him and his type of theatre, it's just aggressive shit hurled out at the viewer. His book Bambi vs Godzilla was interesting, but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 27March 24, 2019 1:16 PM

[quote]Thanks for the lead, DM, you Republican sociopath.

Mamet is a Republican?

Didn't know that. Read one of his plays during my theater course at university, but won't be doing so again.

by Anonymousreply 28March 24, 2019 1:20 PM

He turned full-on neocon after 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 29March 24, 2019 2:12 PM

He just writes about awful people

by Anonymousreply 30March 24, 2019 2:29 PM

[quote]His daughter is so fucking ugly.

She looks like she has some kind of deformity/health issue.

by Anonymousreply 31March 24, 2019 2:46 PM

Mediocre overpaid white guy sticks up for mediocre overpaid cheating lying white rich people

by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2019 2:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!