Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

LGBTQIA...

This has to stop. I cringe every time a politician has to add another letter.

I'm trying to think of a word or phrase which encompasses everyone. Any ideas?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 19, 2019 11:43 AM

Let's just stick to The Gay Community or LGBT. We have to stop somewhere.

A local politician who supports us said that the additional letters added to LGBT are too confusing - and he nailed it. People can't remember all these letters and it's getting to be ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 1March 12, 2019 1:51 AM

Equity community.

by Anonymousreply 2March 12, 2019 1:53 AM

R1 Trannys have nothing to do with sexuality

by Anonymousreply 3March 12, 2019 1:54 AM

He-man tranny hater's club.

by Anonymousreply 4March 12, 2019 1:54 AM

Gays and Attention Whores.

by Anonymousreply 5March 12, 2019 2:07 AM

LGB. Stop letting the others stab us in the back at every opportunity they can trump up.

by Anonymousreply 6March 12, 2019 2:13 AM

I resisted adding the Q for the community organization that I used to run -- until the SJWs decided that another letter was "needed." It's ridiculous, but I doubt it will stop with Q.

by Anonymousreply 7March 12, 2019 2:19 AM

I thought Q originally was for "questioning" but morphed into queer?. Don't like either really. Questioning is not anything to declare.

by Anonymousreply 8March 12, 2019 2:24 AM

I liked “the alphabet people.”

by Anonymousreply 9March 12, 2019 2:26 AM

R9 how about just "village people"

by Anonymousreply 10March 12, 2019 2:27 AM

I think you're right, R8. It was originally Q for Questioning. I think the intent was to include teenagers who were, in all probability, gay/lesbian, and needed our support, but didn't yet feel comfortable making an announcement.

by Anonymousreply 11March 12, 2019 2:27 AM

EOESWP*

*every one except straight white people

by Anonymousreply 12March 12, 2019 2:28 AM

Just keep gays and lesbians separate. Let the other ones figure out a name. We have nothing in common with them anyway.

by Anonymousreply 13March 12, 2019 2:30 AM

LGB. Fuck the rest of this nonsense. Kick anyone in the balls/cunt who tries to change the Pride flag as well.

by Anonymousreply 14March 12, 2019 2:35 AM

“El-gee-bee” or “el-gee-bee-tee” flows linguistically. Anything beyond is awkward, and forget moving “G” to the front to represent the majority - “gee-el-bee” sounds atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 15March 12, 2019 2:37 AM

R14 Nothing screams “straight male” more than thinking browns and pastels look OK when they are inserted into a vibrant rainbow.

by Anonymousreply 16March 12, 2019 2:42 AM

Queer. Obviously. It's what is used in the gay world outside DL.

by Anonymousreply 17March 12, 2019 2:44 AM

R17 We are perfectly happy to refer to ourselves as homosexuals and lesbians as we are not chicken shit asswipes trying to pass as something else

by Anonymousreply 18March 12, 2019 2:45 AM

That's ok r18 you or anyone can call rhenselves anything you want for all the world cares. Nomenclature is another thing.

by Anonymousreply 19March 12, 2019 2:52 AM

R19 English?

by Anonymousreply 20March 12, 2019 2:55 AM

My p0rtner and I just keep it simple with our own "GIBLETS" when making references to such.

by Anonymousreply 21March 12, 2019 3:04 AM

Vivian Vinculum

by Anonymousreply 22March 12, 2019 3:07 AM

R17 No it isn't. It's used only by idiot millennials who want to be gay-adjacent, but not gay. They're just fag hags who will get married to opposite sex partners, have kids and quickly forget they ever pretended to be "queer" in 3 years. Quit rewriting our history as Gay people.

by Anonymousreply 23March 12, 2019 3:09 AM

LGB - if others want to join, great.

They don't add a new every time they make a new partner at a law firm, so why should we add a letter every time someone wants to join our organization.

If that makes them feel marginalized, then they should form their own organizations, just like we did.

by Anonymousreply 24March 12, 2019 3:11 AM

"This has to stop. I cringe every time a politician has to add another letter."

Better get used to cringing, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 25March 12, 2019 3:15 AM

Anything including the word OTHERS will never fly. Being “othered” is seen as dismissive by that those who need to be recognized as the very special “Charzar attracted gluten-free Them” that they are. No one is going to jump up and say “I’m an other.” They’ll want official recognition.

by Anonymousreply 26March 12, 2019 3:18 AM

R25 I syringe every time.

by Anonymousreply 27March 12, 2019 3:21 AM

[quote]LGB.Stop letting the others stab us in the back at every opportunity they can trump up.

I would argue for LG ONLY.

B is the gateway drug to everything else.

by Anonymousreply 28March 12, 2019 3:38 AM

Two-Spirit would be genuinely stupid--an appropriation from Native American and it doesn't really have the same meaning as any of the LGBTQIA letters.

by Anonymousreply 29March 12, 2019 3:42 AM

R28 Indeed, you never meet a bisexual over 30 in a same sex relationship EVER

by Anonymousreply 30March 12, 2019 3:43 AM

“Gay, lesbian, and the rest” (like the original Gilligan’s Island theme song.)

by Anonymousreply 31March 12, 2019 3:46 AM

[quote]Nothing screams “straight male” more than thinking browns and pastels look OK when they are inserted into a vibrant rainbow.

I don't automatically think "straight male' when I see browns and blacks added to a pride flag----I DO,however, think :

SCAT FREAKS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 12, 2019 3:49 AM

It always rankled my nerves that the L came first. If you do it alphabetically the B then G then L then T BGLT. makes more sense to me. But the alphabet soup lately is irking me even more.

by Anonymousreply 33March 12, 2019 3:50 AM

How about "human beings"?

by Anonymousreply 34March 12, 2019 3:50 AM

Q = Questioning in the acronym LGBTQ. It does NOT mean queer.

I hate the word queer. It is insulting and derogatory. It is a cruel word, and I don't want to "own" it. It is not worth owning. It should be thrown in the trash heap of unacceptable words.

by Anonymousreply 35March 12, 2019 3:53 AM

R23 I noticed it’s not just gay-jacent wannabes using “queer” - for instance, real lesbians are using it too, or are calling themselves “gay” because both words have more lightness and snap than “lesbian,” which drags out of the mouth in comparison. Unfortunately, in the minds of some millennials, it also conjurs up the stereotype of a humorless, angry, misanthropic animal-hoarder wearing paid flannel.

That said, I hate the negative associations of “queer” - if women who sleep with women want to distance themselves from the stereotypes that accompany the frumpy linguistics of “lesbian,” “gay woman” sounds like a much better replacement, and I think the “gay community” could and should encompass both men and women.

by Anonymousreply 36March 12, 2019 3:56 AM

I would happily share the word “gay” with lesbians. Then we can all be called “gay” or “Gay, and the rest…”

by Anonymousreply 37March 12, 2019 4:05 AM

R35 “Questioning” = bisexual. Yay! Another unnecessary letter trimmed off.

by Anonymousreply 38March 12, 2019 4:08 AM

Let’s just call ourselves queer because includes everyone. No need for any alphabet soup, even of the LGBTQ variety. Queer is one easy syllable that puts us all under one umbrella.

by Anonymousreply 39March 12, 2019 4:14 AM

QUILTBAG.

by Anonymousreply 40March 12, 2019 4:16 AM

[quote]“Gay, lesbian, and the rest” (like the original Gilligan’s Island theme song.)

Not a bad idea, and if anyone feels butthurt, you could remind them that “and the rest” were the only fuckable castaways on the island.

by Anonymousreply 41March 12, 2019 4:18 AM

BLT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 12, 2019 4:49 AM

R39 But queer means straight adjacent, not gay or lesbian adjacent, so fuck that stupid idea

by Anonymousreply 43March 12, 2019 4:57 AM

R39. I hate the word queer. I would never use it. It's insulting. Go away.

by Anonymousreply 44March 12, 2019 5:00 AM

I actually like your first option, OP. It's easier to remember and quicker to say than 'LGBTQIA+', doesn't have the baggage of 'queer', and the acronym is positive (GLO).

by Anonymousreply 45March 12, 2019 5:21 AM

I'll have a BGLT. Hold the mayo.

by Anonymousreply 46March 12, 2019 5:23 AM

Interesting fact: up through the 70s we had “gay rights” movements and “gay” organizations, and it wasn’t until the 80s that groups of lesbian identifarians started demanding that the nomenclature be changed to “gay and lesbian” much to the dismay of many, including Frank Kameny, who accurately predicted the division, infighting, and alphabet soup lunacy it led to. Thanks, lezzies!

by Anonymousreply 47March 12, 2019 5:34 AM

Queer=a vile word

by Anonymousreply 48March 12, 2019 5:39 AM

You are 100% right, R47, and I apologize on behalf of lesbians everywhere. If only we had known where it was going to lead...

by Anonymousreply 49March 12, 2019 5:43 AM

Personal Freedom Coalition

by Anonymousreply 50March 12, 2019 5:56 AM

R49 Aw, no need to apologize! I was kidding a bit, because only small, vocal groups of lesbian separatists initiated the mile-long string of letters. Anyhow, I agree with you and think that both “gay men” and “gay women” are more dignified terms than “gays” and “lesbians,” which sound more like mythical creatures from Greek mythology than people. Don’t even get me started on “queer!”

by Anonymousreply 51March 12, 2019 5:59 AM

Oh, I know you were teasing us, R51, but you were still right! And, I must say, it's refreshing to encounter someone who still knows or remembers gay history of decades past.

Hopefully, "gay man/woman" catches on as the preferred terminology. I only use "lesbian" when I'm with other gay people ― not only is it a mouthful (albeit a classical-sounding mouthful), but straight people have fetishized the word so thoroughly that I feel uncomfortable using it around them.

by Anonymousreply 52March 12, 2019 7:03 AM

It should just be The non- straight community and leave it at that .Fuck the trannies they should be out on their own anyway. I know that's harsh but they have never belonged bunched in with us gay/bi people at all. Since the 60s they have latched on to us and done us great harm. The enemy within. Let them go their own way.

by Anonymousreply 53March 12, 2019 7:28 AM

What the hell does the I stand for in LGBTQI?

by Anonymousreply 54March 12, 2019 7:33 AM

LGB.

Nothing against trans people, but they concern themselves with gender, not sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 55March 12, 2019 7:49 AM

Homosexual man, homosexual woman, bisexual man, bisexual woman.

Everything else isn't a sexual orientation and homosexuality isn't anything other than a sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 56March 12, 2019 8:11 AM

Gay rights has become a clown car with no actual meaning that's ignored by most. It's sad. Our brothers would be mortified.

by Anonymousreply 57March 12, 2019 8:13 AM

Can someone explain what distinguishes someone as Queer instead of LG? I've never understood.

by Anonymousreply 58March 12, 2019 8:14 AM

Do most DLers identify as Queer?

by Anonymousreply 59March 12, 2019 9:26 AM

Im gay

by Anonymousreply 60March 12, 2019 9:31 AM

What about asexuals? They are discriminated against. Don't they get a say?

by Anonymousreply 61March 12, 2019 9:31 AM

Well I am post gay!

by Anonymousreply 62March 12, 2019 9:38 AM

R58, Queer is an overarching term that includes gays and lesbians. This is why the term is so helpful: it is a shortcut label that includes all of us without having to list a string of 12 letters.

There is an extra bit of empowerment since it is a reclaimed word as well. We have taken a word that once was used to hurt, but now can give us strength.

by Anonymousreply 63March 12, 2019 11:19 AM

How about just Gay? Gay is gender neutral.

by Anonymousreply 64March 12, 2019 11:33 AM

I was told last night at a staff meeting it’s LGBTQQIA+ (queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, and “plus” which also includes anything else). For short, they told us we could pair it down to LGBT+.

by Anonymousreply 65March 12, 2019 11:38 AM

It doesn’t help with being taken seriously especially as human beings.

by Anonymousreply 66March 12, 2019 1:31 PM

The Gays.

by Anonymousreply 67March 12, 2019 4:32 PM

I’m with r39.

But nobody cares that gay community doesn’t like “queer.”

We are not empowered to name ourselves. However, we are obligated to refer to straight men with female pronouns.

by Anonymousreply 68March 12, 2019 5:05 PM

Oops pardon my typo. I’m with R44 not R39.

I’m not queer.

by Anonymousreply 69March 12, 2019 5:07 PM

Actually, r63, queer is a slur.

by Anonymousreply 70March 12, 2019 5:08 PM

The LGB community choosing to be known as Queer, would be like black people deciding to be known as the Ni%%#rs. It is just stupid. Don't reclaim words, just bury them.

by Anonymousreply 71March 12, 2019 5:14 PM

[quote]which encompasses everyone. Any ideas?

OP, can you explain to us why you want to encompass everyone?

You are only responsible for defining your own group, which I assume is gay men.

by Anonymousreply 72March 12, 2019 5:57 PM

R70, queer is no longer a slur. It hasn’t been for 5-10 years. Language evolves and whether you are in denial or not doesn’t change the fact that the word has been reclaimed.

Queer is defiant and powerful. It shows we mean business and won’t take shit from anyone. Queer is the word of a warrior. I don’t understand why people don’t want a word that shows our strength to stand for our community.

by Anonymousreply 73March 13, 2019 2:04 AM

[quote]Queer is the word of a warrior.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 74March 13, 2019 2:22 AM

Ha, Mary me all you want, but you can’t deny it’s true!

by Anonymousreply 75March 13, 2019 2:23 AM

That’s it! The “M” community. End of thread.

by Anonymousreply 76March 13, 2019 3:40 AM

R29 Two Spirit was already appropriated. They took a pre-existing Native American term with spiritual meaning and now every LGBT person of remote Native descent is out here calling themselves 2S.

by Anonymousreply 77March 13, 2019 3:42 AM

[quote]R65 I was told last night at a staff meeting it’s LGBTQQIA+ (queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, and “plus” which also includes anything else). For short, they told us we could pair it down to LGBT+.

This never happened.

by Anonymousreply 78March 13, 2019 3:50 AM

"Queer is the word of a warrior."

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 79March 13, 2019 3:54 AM

I'll never be queer. The original use of the word is still in common parlance and it means and will continue to mean, "odd", "weird", "off..." I don't like, "non-straight" - never be described by what you're not.

I'm for LGB. Rearrange those letters as you please. These are groups that concern sexuality, anything to do with gender identity etc is a completely separate movement, one that currently not only has nothing to do with us but is actually inherently against us. Old school transexuals were one thing - they're small in number and often gay and often fabulous, no problem with them being part of the gang. But not non-binary, trans activists, autogynephiles etc.

Asexuals could put a solid case, but really, who's victimising them that they need to be part of a movement? And they leave the door for so many niche groups of romantic love and what not. Questioning helped path a way in for those not ready to come out because of societal fears. But in 2019 when every special snowflake wants a letter anyway, I'm fairly sure it's not needed.

by Anonymousreply 80March 13, 2019 4:06 AM

/ I'll just, "Oh, dear!" myself at R80. Pave. Not path. Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 81March 13, 2019 4:09 AM

But queer in common parlance does NOT mean “odd” or “weird” anymore. Queer is easily understood as referring to LGBTQ people and it’s not used any other way.

Sure, in the 1930’s and 40’s queer meant weird, but not today. If someone says, “That’s a queer looking sweater,” they don’t mean it looks weird, but rather it would be worn by an LGBTQ person. More likely, if someone wanted to insult a sweater they would call it “gay.”

by Anonymousreply 82March 13, 2019 4:13 AM

Which is why I've said it here many times before - the younger generations embracing "queer" probably heard the phrase 'that's so GAY' time and time again from their friends all through school. So 'gay' is a pejorative to their pea brains.

But no one talks about trying to stop GAY from being used as an insult. They'd rather just say "LGBTQ" instead (which itself is rapidly turning into a joke with all the additional letters).

by Anonymousreply 83March 13, 2019 4:18 AM

R73, me being gay has nothing at all to do with being a "warrior". I'm not at war with anyone. So take your Queer word and hateful attitude and go somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 84March 13, 2019 4:31 AM

It's all so exhausting

by Anonymousreply 85March 13, 2019 5:28 AM

You just know R73 is the stereotypical straight white suburban fat gal with the blue hair and the nose ring

by Anonymousreply 86March 13, 2019 9:56 PM

You can add all 26 letters of the alphabet, and many gay people will still just call it the gay and lesbian community. We lives with that for years, but then the circus arrived in town, and like Jimmy Durante said, "Everybody wants to get into the act". When I hear straight SJW females using the alphabet poop, I want to fart in their face, and NOT say, "Excuse Me".

by Anonymousreply 87March 13, 2019 10:37 PM

When I hear anyone claim to be Queer, I assume they’re a Republican. They’re into co-opting cultures, transient fashion and pump and dump scams. As soon as whatever short term fashion trend has passed, they’ll dump it - ust like their Goth look from a couple of years ago.

Queerpublicans: as vacuous as supply siders, every bit as sanctimonious.

by Anonymousreply 88March 14, 2019 3:44 AM

Queer people are not republican. We are anything but. Since queer people include all LGBT people, are you suggesting we are all Republican? As if!

by Anonymousreply 89March 14, 2019 3:49 AM

I thought the R was really the T, not the Q

by Anonymousreply 90March 14, 2019 3:57 AM

I know eldergays hate it, but I’m fine with queer. As they die off, it will probably become more commonplace.

by Anonymousreply 91March 14, 2019 4:42 AM

R91 is a warrior!

by Anonymousreply 92March 14, 2019 1:17 PM

[quote]Nothing screams “straight male” more than thinking browns and pastels look OK when they are inserted into a vibrant rainbow.

It screams "shit in a baby's diaper".

by Anonymousreply 93March 14, 2019 1:26 PM

[quote]Queer is defiant and powerful. It shows we mean business and won’t take shit from anyone. Queer is the word of a warrior.

Queer is weird or freakish. It shows people that someone is desperate for attention and lives to annoy people. It is the word of a misfit who is ridiculed.

by Anonymousreply 94March 14, 2019 1:28 PM

I can’t see R 91.

by Anonymousreply 95March 14, 2019 1:58 PM

There should be no shortage of letters. I won't stop until we are at LGBTQIABCDEFG

by Anonymousreply 96March 14, 2019 2:01 PM

What about symbols?

@&!$

by Anonymousreply 97March 14, 2019 2:03 PM

[quote]Let's just stick to The Gay Community

Yes.

[quote]or LGBT.

No.

by Anonymousreply 98March 14, 2019 2:05 PM

What's the 'I' stand for?

by Anonymousreply 99March 14, 2019 2:10 PM

How about we say gay for gay men, lesbian for lesbians, bisexual for bisexuals, transgender for transgender, intersex for intersex, etc., etc. I cringe everytime I see "LGBTQIAA2SWTFWHENWILLITEND?" in news articles, particularly when it's dealing with only one letter of the alphabet (for example, discussing gay male issues or a specific gay man, but using "LGBT" instead of gay).

Besides, what, really, do any of these groups have in common? I can see the connecting thread of gays and lesbians; bisexuals only get the "oppression card" when they are in a relationship with someone of the same sex. Trans isn't a sexual orientation, and much of the current ideology surrounding it is in direct opposition to gay/lesbian issues. Queer is just for str8 folks who want to be considered "edgy." Intersex is a medical condition and they are often vocally opposed to being lumped in with "LGBT" and especially trans. Asexuals - how, exactly, are they "oppressed"? Two Spirit is mythologized historical concept. Stop the insanity!

by Anonymousreply 100March 14, 2019 2:39 PM

r73, the only anti-gay slur I've heard in the past decade from a bigot was "queer"; sorry, but it has not been "reclaimed."

by Anonymousreply 101March 14, 2019 2:41 PM

I used to like hearing "gay pride march". It was like just being there meant you were finally out and proud.

Now it's 'Pride Holiday' or some shit. Means nothing.

by Anonymousreply 102March 14, 2019 2:45 PM

What about BLT, hold the mayo?

by Anonymousreply 103March 14, 2019 2:51 PM

R73, queer keeps us on the fringes.

Why are you coercing us to be called queer when we have explicitly stated we don’t like that term?

Why do you want to keep us fringe?

by Anonymousreply 104March 14, 2019 3:19 PM

Fairy

by Anonymousreply 105March 14, 2019 3:28 PM

R89 "Queer" people are not gay. They're just millennials engaged in play acting. You'll get married to an opposite sex partner in a couple of years, have crotch droppings and start calling the cops on some Person of Color in a park for selling lemonade, walking a dog or having scary hair.

You're Republicans having a good laugh at gays, coopting us and erasing us. That's why we ignore you and won't buy into your bullshit about "Queer" or "Transphobia" or any other nonsense. We grew up with all these attempts to erase us before.

by Anonymousreply 106March 14, 2019 3:55 PM

How about "just stop"

by Anonymousreply 107March 14, 2019 4:03 PM

R99 The I stands for intersex

by Anonymousreply 108March 14, 2019 4:17 PM

Intersex most definitely should have no place in there. It's an extremely rare birth defect ffs.

by Anonymousreply 109March 14, 2019 4:29 PM

Send a memo to the Native Americans. We've "reclaimed" the term Redskins for them. We've "done the work" and people now think of football when they hear the term. See how that works?

Aside from term "queer", the vast majority of queers have little interest in the hard work of community building, supporting institutions, and uplifting gay men and lesbians. Queer culture is about critiquing, calling out, and disrupting. Queers are the first to tweet a link to their GoFundMe, and the last to volunteer at a gay elder care center.

Gay brothers and lesbian sisters, first and foremost.

by Anonymousreply 110March 14, 2019 4:36 PM

R109 I felt the same way when someone explained to me what it meant.Hermaphrodite is NOT a sexuality!

by Anonymousreply 111March 14, 2019 4:40 PM

R89 we are NOT all queer. Stop imposing this label on others - it's clear from this thread and the million others we've had here over the years that most are resolutely against it.

You and your fellow millennials can call yourselves what you want, but if you get out of your Tumblr echo chamber, you'll see the majority still associate it with being a slur.

Re: intersex. The above poster is correct. They want out of the TRA clusterfuck. Especially as transactivists often cite intersex as proving a third sex exists. It doesn't. Sex is binary. All intersex people are defined as male OR female. It's just a developmental disorder that happens to affect the sex organs to some degree. It's like being born with any other in-utero defect. There's some great gender critical Intersex advocates on Twitter who diligently explain their condition, repeatedly, as otherwise their condition is erroneously and cynically coopted and weaponised by the trans lobby. They could do with some support, because frankly, it must be exhausting when they're small in number.

by Anonymousreply 112March 14, 2019 4:53 PM

R78 I wish I was kidding. I work at a community counseling center.

by Anonymousreply 113March 14, 2019 5:28 PM

I’ve seen that R118. I’ve seen 2S too.

by Anonymousreply 114March 14, 2019 5:30 PM

Or R113.

by Anonymousreply 115March 14, 2019 5:30 PM

I use the phrase "sexual minorities community".

It rolls off the tongue better & no one will get offended unlike the alphabet soup letters.

If you miss just one, you could catch some flack by some sensitive group.

Just like racial minorities doesn't mean you are supportive of criminal groups like the Bloods or The Crypts, sexual minorities (community) doesn't mean you are supportive of criminal groups like Nambla or rapists in general.

by Anonymousreply 116March 14, 2019 7:21 PM

[quote]How about we say gay for gay men, lesbian for lesbians, bisexual for bisexuals, transgender for transgender, intersex for intersex, etc., etc.

Thank you for thinking.

by Anonymousreply 117March 14, 2019 7:24 PM

r73 is the posting of a moron.

by Anonymousreply 118March 14, 2019 7:25 PM

r106 I don't think it's the Republicans who are calling us "queer" this time around. It's our enemies at the other end of the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 119March 14, 2019 7:30 PM

so LGBTQIA sounds like the planet where we are all from.

by Anonymousreply 120March 14, 2019 7:34 PM

r18 homosexual

definition: Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.

lesbians or also homosexual

I vote for homos+ the plus is for the bi's

by Anonymousreply 121March 14, 2019 7:42 PM

lesbian are also homosexual

by Anonymousreply 122March 14, 2019 7:42 PM

[quote] What about symbols? @&!$

Pretty soon our designation will qualify as a strong password.

by Anonymousreply 123March 14, 2019 9:08 PM

He, she, it.

by Anonymousreply 124March 14, 2019 9:10 PM

So if “queer” has been reclaimed, could we maybe also call ourselves “fairies” “fruits” or “fags”?

by Anonymousreply 125March 14, 2019 9:12 PM

I know some queer people who feel they have reclaimed Fag/Faggot and use it in empowering ways (e.g. no one tells this fag what to do!).

Personally the word doesn’t bother me. I never heard it as an insult except on TV or in movies. The only queer adjacent word I ever heard as an insult was “gay. “

Academia and the media (The Times to HuffPo) already use queer as our descriptor and no one seems to have a problem with it. If queer really were still a slur, would The NY Times really use it? Of course not!

by Anonymousreply 126March 14, 2019 9:57 PM

Really? There was no uproar when HuffPo changed from Gay Voices to Queer Voices? Hahaha!

by Anonymousreply 127March 14, 2019 10:03 PM

[quote]I never heard it as an insult except on TV or in movies.

You live a sheltered life.

by Anonymousreply 128March 14, 2019 10:06 PM

R39, stop trying to make Queer work. Only bland straight people want to be called queer. GAFL.

by Anonymousreply 129March 14, 2019 10:08 PM

white hetero troll alert

by Anonymousreply 130March 14, 2019 10:19 PM

R118, it’s the same mentality that penis, aka “manhood,” can be feminine.

by Anonymousreply 131March 14, 2019 10:33 PM

R126: that’s when I stopped reading huffpoo

by Anonymousreply 132March 14, 2019 10:35 PM

LGB works because the first two mean “gay,” and the third means “semi-gay.” Feminism demands the “L.,” while the “B” is needed to warn others that you’re a timeshare. OK then.

Intersex and trans people who are attracted to the same sex, you’re gay also, so no need to designate the “T” and “I” - those are medical conditions. As for Q & A, - you’re not oppressed; please go away and flaunt your specialness elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 133March 14, 2019 11:48 PM

I just hate the word queer. LGBT community has been okay. But I don't really think Trans people should be together with gay because a lot of Trans people would technically be straight.

by Anonymousreply 134March 14, 2019 11:51 PM

[quote]Let’s just call ourselves queer because includes everyone.

No, because is homophobic and stupid. Like your grammar.

[quote]Queer is one easy syllable that puts us all under one umbrella.

Someplace I will never be: underneath an umbrella with someone who calls me a queer.

by Anonymousreply 135March 14, 2019 11:57 PM

R73, you’re pathetic. And desperate for a personality. Sorry. Being gay isn’t a personality. Cultivate your own character and quit with ‘reclaiming’ queer.

by Anonymousreply 136March 15, 2019 12:32 AM

“Including everyone” defeats the fucking purpose. “Queer advocates” are always the dumbest. Too funny.

by Anonymousreply 137March 15, 2019 12:45 AM

You are either gay or lesbian. If you aren't one of those two then fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 138March 15, 2019 12:54 AM

What about bisexual or do you consider bi people under the gay umbrella?

by Anonymousreply 139March 15, 2019 2:30 AM

No bisexuals. They deserve their own umbrella. My life would be a better life if it hadn't been for two bis.

by Anonymousreply 140March 15, 2019 3:31 AM

I think any letters after LGB should be in lower case.

by Anonymousreply 141March 15, 2019 9:21 AM

Deviators. It sounds like a group of superviilians, let's use it and scare the hell out of straight arrows!

by Anonymousreply 142March 15, 2019 9:31 AM

I am a queer fibro warrior!

by Anonymousreply 143March 15, 2019 12:32 PM

Gays and Lesbians. The others can have their own community.

by Anonymousreply 144March 15, 2019 12:36 PM

Jesus Christ, enough with the "island of broken and confused souls" ! I v=belong to the Gay Community, period. Questioning? Get back to us when you decide! Bi? Get back to us when you decide! Trans? Start your own fucking club. Gay = emotionally, spiritually and physically attracted to the SAME SEX. Period. You can't be a MtoF trans who still has a dick and dates women and be in the gay community. You are STRAIGHT! Go away.

by Anonymousreply 145March 15, 2019 12:51 PM

r145 for president.

by Anonymousreply 146March 15, 2019 12:53 PM

[quote]Personally the word [queer] doesn’t bother me. I never heard it as an insult except on TV or in movies.

So you HAVE heard it as an insult. Yet you want to embrace it?!

[quote]The only queer adjacent word I ever heard as an insult was “gay. “

Please re-read R83’s post. He hit the nail on the head as to exactly why that is.

Can you imagine a politician standing at a podium and saying, “Yes, let’s pass this resolution. The queers will benefit from it. And you guys know I’m totally fighting for the queers”? Really?

by Anonymousreply 147March 15, 2019 1:21 PM

AFAIC it is LGBQ now, and LGBQ forever.

by Anonymousreply 148March 15, 2019 1:24 PM

R83 is correct R147.

by Anonymousreply 149March 15, 2019 1:34 PM

R147, I had heard it used as an out of touch insult by TV writers, yes. The point is, you don’t hear it in real life. Certainly you’re not trying to say that TV and movies are an accurate depiction of real life.

I can totally hear a politician saying the queer community will benefit from this legislation. Absolutely! You don’t hear many politicians refer to “the Jews” either- it’s Jewish community or Jewish People. Queer community sounds great and includes everyone.

Go to college campuses across America and you will hear students talking about Queer people in a positive way. This coming generation has united has all and will deliver equal rights for us like you could only ever have imagined.

by Anonymousreply 150March 15, 2019 1:35 PM

Add an "S" for Straight. Why exclude anyone?

Catch-all lumping is ridiculous.

T really needs their own stand alone identity, and that's intended to be respectful.

B should be for bullshit.

Q is fad crap.

GL is enough for same-sex attraction, personal identity, life-style, relationships, etc.

by Anonymousreply 151March 15, 2019 1:54 PM

[quote]This coming generation has united has all and will deliver equal rights for us like you could only ever have imagined.

Please. This coming generation won't deliver jack shit. Like generations before them, they're desperate to hang with the trendy cool kids and the current thing to be is "woke." Goth and piercings were less obnoxious.

They're as crucial as the Occupy Wall Street kids who got a chance to stick it to the Man before graduating and going to work in daddy's hedge fund empire.

by Anonymousreply 152March 15, 2019 2:08 PM

Yes R152. All the “queers” will be married to members of the opposite sex and have 2.5 kids within 10-15 years.

by Anonymousreply 153March 15, 2019 2:19 PM

If 'queer community' "sounds great" then what is stopping politicians and the media from using it instead of "LGBTQIA" or variants thereof, where often they can't get the letters out without stumbling? Maybe because it doesn't sound so great outside of the insular world of academia.

Was going to make a comment about the supposed unity of coming generations and how much bullshit that is (you do know that there is a non-negligible segment of young people, college students included, who live for all things Trump, right?)- but R152 pretty much covered it.

by Anonymousreply 154March 15, 2019 2:22 PM

[quote] The point is, you don’t hear it in real life.

I have heard "queer" used specifically as a slur against gay men and lesbians twice within the past year.

by Anonymousreply 155March 15, 2019 2:23 PM

I’ve been called a queer by homophobes—zillions of times. Called a flamer here (Datalounge). F-ggot here (with the “a”).

by Anonymousreply 156March 15, 2019 2:28 PM

Why are you all underestimating Gen Z? They are going to turn the political machine upside down like never before.

More than Academia uses queer. The NY Times, the most liberal newspaper in the country in the most liberal city in the country, uses queer. Do you think they would if it were still a slur?

by Anonymousreply 157March 15, 2019 2:31 PM

[quote]F-ggot here (with the “a”).

Glad you clarified that. Without you letting us in on what letter went there I was lost.

by Anonymousreply 158March 15, 2019 2:33 PM

NY is not the most liberal city and the NYT is nkt the most liberal paper.

by Anonymousreply 159March 15, 2019 2:35 PM

^I’m not gonna type it out because I’m not an asshole, asshole. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 160March 15, 2019 2:34 PM

Oh lord..... You probably love AOC too, don't ya R157?

by Anonymousreply 161March 15, 2019 2:34 PM

Lets just fast forward to the natural disastrous ending and use: LGBTQIAWTF

by Anonymousreply 162March 15, 2019 2:35 PM

That was to R 158.

by Anonymousreply 163March 15, 2019 2:35 PM

"This coming generation has united has all and will deliver equal rights for us like you could only ever have imagined."

are you fucking kidding me? all this generation is going to deliver is an antibiotic resistant form of ever STD known to man. But at least they know they have rent control and free college.....not that they go to college, mind you, but still...

by Anonymousreply 164March 15, 2019 2:37 PM

r164, it's in college that they learn these absurd ideas, that, for example, biology doesn't really exist and that you are what you feel.

by Anonymousreply 165March 15, 2019 2:39 PM

R165: I agree! today I feel black, not white, so Im going to spend my afternoon applying for NAACP scholarships. Biology is a construct. If I say Im black, then dammit, Im black!

by Anonymousreply 166March 15, 2019 2:43 PM

Yes I do love AOC and dream of her being President sometime. She has given new life to the political system and restored hope for many that change can occur.

by Anonymousreply 167March 15, 2019 2:43 PM

I had a sense you loved her. Just a hunch.

by Anonymousreply 168March 15, 2019 2:47 PM

R165: forgot to add I will, of course, be demanding that the NAACP change their name to more accurately reflect MY ideas: thus, new name: NAACWANALMRUUTAHDYPeople (Colored/White/Asian/Native American/Latino/Mixed Race/Undecided/UnwillingToAnswer/How Dare You (I will not be labelled by you or any other racist. You are literally doing VIOLENCE to me by asking!)

by Anonymousreply 169March 15, 2019 2:49 PM

R160 is trig-GURRED.

Calm down. A) it was just a joke; B) words don’t scare most of us.

by Anonymousreply 170March 15, 2019 2:50 PM

[quote]Hi! Nice to meet you. My name is Michael.

Hi, Mike! Nice to meet you, too!

[quote]Thanks! I go by Michael, btw.

That’s great, Mike.

[quote]lol. Please call me Michael.

[quote]”Mike” is shorter & easier to remember. Plus you look like a “Mike.” I knew a “Michael” a long time ago. That’s an old name...so traditional sounding. “Mike” is cooler.

[quote]Ok...but my name is Michael.

Glad we settled that, Mike. Have a great day!! See ya around 😊

by Anonymousreply 171March 15, 2019 3:42 PM

Excellent R171! GREAT analogy.

by Anonymousreply 172March 15, 2019 4:29 PM

Actually it’s a pretty bad example. No one is erasing gay, lesbian or whatever with queer. Queer is an umbrella term that holds these groups, but doesn’t negate them.

A better example is the taxonomy naming system: Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species.

Instead of running around as separate Genus/Species groups (cis lesbian; trans male), Queer is the family name that unites all the species together. We realized we are stronger fighting together than apart. This is why queer is a unifier and not a divider.

Laugh all you want at warrior queer, but it’s a good description and we will be proven correct when we stamp out legal bigotry for good.

by Anonymousreply 173March 15, 2019 5:40 PM

Why do I assume that warrior queer has a pink scabbard? Is that wrong?

by Anonymousreply 174March 15, 2019 5:46 PM

I assume it's a fat chick with blue hair, thick rimmed non-prescription glasses, lots of tattoos and a septum piercing.

Oh, and who loves the D.

by Anonymousreply 175March 15, 2019 5:50 PM

R173, what “legal bigotry” remains in the US? Other than the lack of federal protection for gays and lesbians in employment and housing, I honestly don’t see anything that qualifies as “legal bigotry.”

by Anonymousreply 176March 15, 2019 5:54 PM

Actually, r173, erasing gay/lesbian culture and history is precisely what is happening. That's another reason to resist "queer."

by Anonymousreply 177March 15, 2019 6:13 PM

[quote]Hi! Nice to meet you. My name is Michael.

Hi, Asshole! Nice to meet you, too!

[quote]What? Why are you calling me asshole??

Because it’s a unifying name. Everybody has an asshole. “Asshole” is an umbrella term that contains all groups of people within it. Yet it does not negate your inherent dignity & worth.

[quote]Calling me “asshole” is just wrong. Please stop it.

Relax, Asshole. It’s just a naming taxonomy. It was an insult in the 20th century, but now “asshole” is a unifying term.

[quote]Ok...but my name is Michael.

Glad we settled that, Mike.

[quote]I asked you nicely to please call me Michael.

by Anonymousreply 178March 15, 2019 6:25 PM

R177 Calling someone a certain name does NOT erase history. I think “queer” is stupid and offensive, but you sound like Laverne Cox saying that words are “literal violence.” No - words are not violence, and no - they don’t magically erase history.

by Anonymousreply 179March 15, 2019 6:27 PM

Calling someone a certain name against their will is unjust, r179.

White people used to call Native Americans “injuns.” But Native Americans stood up & said: “Don’t call us that. We don’t like it. We are not injuns.”

Whites didn’t respond by saying, “it’s just a word. And it suits you. We don’t mean it as an insult. Don’t be such a baby, Injun. “

And if words are not violence, then why must we use female pronouns when referring to Caitlyn & Laverne Cox? Why is it literally against the law in some places to “misgender” someone?

by Anonymousreply 180March 15, 2019 6:42 PM

“Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

by Anonymousreply 181March 15, 2019 6:45 PM

That is why I like to use the word Queer, just one word and not this rainbow of letters to deal with it.

Of course some DLers are really fuckin triggered by it.

by Anonymousreply 182March 15, 2019 6:55 PM

Except it’s not outside groups calling us queer. It is LGBT people who came up with the idea to use queer as the umbrella term. We were the ones who fought to reclaim the word. Straight people didn’t reclaim it and then give it back- we took it from them.

In Academia, it was LGBT professors who reclaimed queer theory and queer cinema.

Queer is internally chosen. It’s not like injun at all. Now if native Americans want to reclaim that word and empower it today, that would be their right.

by Anonymousreply 183March 15, 2019 7:00 PM

R180 Seriously - it’s illegal to “misgender” someone? Please cite how many have been arrested for it. On the other hand, if a pronoun is used in a derogatory way, persistently, that should fall under workplace harassment. The same would go for “queer” or even using a stupid nickname against the person’s wishes. A friend of mine - not trans - had a straight coworker who constantly called him “she” and “gurl” because he’s gay. The idiot was let go (not arrested), although I supposed civil charges could have been filed against the employer if they had not terminated the harasser.

by Anonymousreply 184March 15, 2019 7:02 PM

R182 has just outed himself as a troll.

by Anonymousreply 185March 15, 2019 7:08 PM

I just stick with LGBT. And if I'm feeling particularly foxy, I'll throw in "and fuck the TERFs!" too. No one needs those needy cunts. No one.

by Anonymousreply 186March 15, 2019 7:10 PM

r56 so closed minded. But...but... fludity man. It's a spectrum

by Anonymousreply 187March 15, 2019 7:17 PM

For r184: A man has described police as using George Orwell's novel 1984 as an "operating manual" after he was investigated over alleged transphobic comments posted on social media.

An officer from Humberside Police interviewed Harry Miller by telephone after the force received complaints over his posts on Twitter.

One tweet questioned whether transgender women were real women.

Mr Miller said he was "utterly shocked" to be questioned by a police constable.

'Shutting free speech' "He said even though I had committed no crime he needed to check my thinking," said Mr Miller.

"We are heading absolutely towards some Orwellian state and the police are using 1984 as an operating manual and this frightens the life out of me."

Orwell's novel, published in 1949, describes a future totalitarian state ruled by Big Brother where people are arrested for "thought crime".

Mr Miller, who is a former police officer, denied being transphobic and claimed the police were "shutting down free speech".

In a statement, Humberside Police said: "We received reports of a number of transphobic comments being posted on social media.

"We take all reports of hate related incidents seriously. We will always investigate to determine if a hate crime or incident has been committed and we will then take proportionate action."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188March 15, 2019 7:22 PM

I say gay. That includes lesbians and gay men. I'm a lesbian. I don't like the word queer, and I understand that it's because I'm over 40. Under 40 probably don't have the same experience of hearing that word hurled at us. I'm fine with queer if you want to use it but it doesn't mean gay. Half the people I know who use the word to describe themselves are straight people who want to be interesting and need a term to announce coyly that they've dabbled.

by Anonymousreply 189March 15, 2019 7:22 PM

Anyone can claim to be anything. There’s no brain scan or blood test to prove that someone is gay, straight, bi, trans, etc. so how do we know who’s telling the truth? For instance, was Freddy Mercury gay or bisexual? Based on his actions, he was bisexual. Based on his identity, he was gay.

So, even if the LG splits from all the other letters, we would have to exlude those those who are not “gold star” gays and lesbians, which means we get to decide whether or not the closet case who comes out after being married to a woman for 30 years is allowed to identify as “gay,” and whether or not he is allowed to receive services from the local, newly-minted “LG Center.”

by Anonymousreply 190March 15, 2019 7:43 PM

^^ Oh Dear - I meant “Freddie” and “exclude.”

by Anonymousreply 191March 15, 2019 8:03 PM

[quote]Except it’s not outside groups calling us queer.

Bullshit.

HuffPo & academia are both an outside groups.

I don’t know of a single gay person who calls themselves queer.

We are gay & we are telling you NOT to call us gay. Yet you insist on imposing it on us.

Stop coercing us to accept being called a slur. If even just one gay person were offended by it, then that’s enough to stop using it.

ACT UP! reclaimed it only out of desperation to call attention to AIDS which was being ignored because it seemed to initially only affect gay men.

But now straights are using it for themselves because they’re weird or abnormal.

I’m gay. I’m not a freak. I’m not queer.

How does it feel to call me queer knowing that I don’t like it? Does it bother you at all?

Why are you so invested in calling us a slur? Why can’t you just accept that we don’t like it??? Why can’t you let it go?

by Anonymousreply 192March 15, 2019 8:57 PM

Sorry.

* we are gay and we are asking you not to call us queer.

by Anonymousreply 193March 15, 2019 8:58 PM

For r192

*jumps up and gives a standing ovation*

by Anonymousreply 194March 15, 2019 10:43 PM

[quote]Straight people didn’t reclaim it and then give it back

They've reclaimed it as an insult then.

by Anonymousreply 195March 15, 2019 10:47 PM

Just say gay.

by Anonymousreply 196March 16, 2019 4:23 AM

I'm also not calling myself cis. That's a relational term, not a purely descriptive term for one thing:

"denoting or relating to a molecular structure in which two particular atoms or groups lie on the same side of a given plane in the molecule, in particular denoting an isomer in which substituents at opposite ends of a carbon–carbon double bond are on the same side of the bond."

It's a shitty word that nontrans people didn't popularize to describe me and I reject it.

I say I'm a natal gay women if pressed to come up with an alternative to cis queer. Fucking hell how did we get here.

Having said all that, I do want to use only the term anyone says is correct for them.

by Anonymousreply 197March 16, 2019 7:45 PM

What’s wrong with cis? It is totally harmless.

by Anonymousreply 198March 16, 2019 7:48 PM

R102, in a wacky 2019 plot twist lesbians are being banned from Pride celebrations all over the globe because they don’t believe cross-dressing fetishistic narcissistic men are actually women. Refusing to accept or utter the dictum ‘Trans Women Are Women’ is the new heresy, and dudes in Dollar Store wigs are starring as the opposition (aka the Inquisition).

by Anonymousreply 199March 16, 2019 8:09 PM

[quote]and dudes in Dollar Store wigs

Look at this one, throwing shade!

by Anonymousreply 200March 16, 2019 8:15 PM

R198, there's nothing wrong with it if you like the term. I don't like it. It sounds awful. It's not that I have a problem with a term to identify what cis refers to, I just don't like that word. It's not like the stronger aversion I have to "queer."

I understand why I have an aversion to queer, and how subjective it is. I remember older gay men who objected to the term "gay" and wanted to be referred to as homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 201March 16, 2019 8:27 PM

One problem with ‘cis’ is that it makes women a subset of their own category. Signs at Pride celebrations and articles published describe ‘women and cis women’ as belonging to this notional super-category of ‘woman’ when only the latter meet the actual definition.

by Anonymousreply 202March 16, 2019 8:33 PM

[quote]‘women and cis women’

^^^the very definition of female erasure

The same cult also believe that transwomen have vaginas & women have frontholes. And they will threaten anyone who disagrees.

by Anonymousreply 203March 17, 2019 1:12 AM

I think the acronym is getting absurd too. I don't know what the answer is. But, gay seems simple enough to me. Why do we have to have all these friggin letters? Queer has a slightly geeky, aggressive, angry protest vibe to it to me. NO.

by Anonymousreply 204March 17, 2019 2:26 AM

Gay is never used as an insult. There's no "stupid gay" being said. It's "stupid fag" or "stupid queer". That's "gay" is not used as widely now and basically marks an individual as the village fucking idiot.

I swear that some of you people have to be deaf.

by Anonymousreply 205March 17, 2019 2:33 AM

Mostly just straight men over 50 still use “gay” to mean “weak,” “effeminite,” “stupid,” etc., but thankfully they are starting to die out. Unfortunately, it’s still prevelent among roided-up “bros” on the tail end of the dying-out generation, but be patient... most of these apes will succumb to brain aneurysms or scrotal cancer soon.

by Anonymousreply 206March 17, 2019 3:07 AM

Lesbian and Gay encompasses everyone, OP.

by Anonymousreply 207March 17, 2019 3:10 AM

People Who Need People

by Anonymousreply 208March 17, 2019 3:10 AM

Cis sound like sissy, and no thank you. Being called a sissy is not something I want passed on to gays who are quite masculine or to others who don't like the mincing, effeminate pejorative meaning it calls to mind.

by Anonymousreply 209March 17, 2019 3:13 AM

{quote]Having said all that, I do want to use only the term anyone says is correct for them.

Seen on the Internet:

Knock knock.

Who's there?

David.

What are your pronouns?

#WokeHumor

by Anonymousreply 210March 17, 2019 3:16 AM

Lesbians in the US and other countries are abandoning Ye Olde Alphabet Soup due to harassment by transgenders, specifically transbians (heterosexual men with peni who are attracted to women and insist that lesbians ride their Lady Dicks):

[quote] Caught in the crossfire between trans activists and feminists over the nature of what it is to be a woman, calls for a break-up of the longstanding LGBT+ alliance back to its constituent elements are starting to emerge..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211March 17, 2019 6:20 AM

[quote]it’s still prevelent

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 212March 17, 2019 11:16 AM

[quote]Gay is never used as an insult.

Right. And if you didn’t know that, that’s so gay!

by Anonymousreply 213March 17, 2019 11:19 AM

Sweet r211

by Anonymousreply 214March 17, 2019 11:40 AM

Rose, no not Rose Nyland, but a Rose by any other name would still smell as sweet. Rose because of where we have rose from(I know it is risen but I am on a roll here give me a break).

Our theme song could be The Rose by Bette Midler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215March 17, 2019 3:29 PM

Reddit has a brand new subReddit where people fed up with how the Transgender Lobby has taken over gay organizations and are sponsoring legislation that will actively hurt homosexuals, like the "Equality Act." Gays, lesbians and allies can post and organize on the subReddit to create organization actually focused on gay rights.

More than 8500 LGB and some Ts have signed a petition asking the UK's most prominent LGBT+ organization, Stonewall, to change its focus on transgenders and its insistence that "gender identity" be included in the legal definitions of biological "sex," because this has led to the destruction of women and gay rights. Signatories include many prominent gay men, including many of the founders of Stonewall itself.

[quote] Stonewall’s promotion of the concept of 'gender identity’, which has it that a man or woman is anyone (of either sex) who identifies as such, is also undermining the basis of lesbian, gay and bisexual identities as orientated around same-sex attraction. Lesbians in particular are coming under pressure to accept male-bodied trans women into their spaces and as sexual partners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216March 17, 2019 10:15 PM

RAINBORES

by Anonymousreply 217March 17, 2019 10:38 PM

My friend refers to himself as a homo since it refers to his sexual attraction as well as subbing for the word cis ("same"). And of course it means "man, human." I don't think it'll catch on but I'd like to see an alternative to LGBTQIA that is focused on sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 218March 18, 2019 12:08 PM

r218 (and your friend): Just say "gay."

by Anonymousreply 219March 18, 2019 12:41 PM

They added three letters to the already existing four and it seems many can’t keep up. Well, the word ‘because’ has seven letters. Are you able to remember that one at least??

by Anonymousreply 220March 18, 2019 2:51 PM

"Because" is a word; "LGBTQIAA2SWTAFITI?" is an acronym that is unpronounceable as a word.

by Anonymousreply 221March 18, 2019 3:38 PM

See R116 &

CALL IT A DAY.

by Anonymousreply 222March 18, 2019 6:12 PM

No, r222. I’m gay. Homosexual. Same-sex attracted.

Straights don’t call themselves the “sexual majority.”

Pulse wasn’t shot up because it catered to “sexual minorities.” It was a gay bar. And the massacre was during Gay Pride month.

Not a single tranny was killed at Pulse. Because trannies are homophobic & wouldn’t be caught dead in a gay club.

by Anonymousreply 223March 18, 2019 9:27 PM

R219: I do say gay. It's my friend who says homo as an act of defiance. I think we'll have to come up with a new term to mean what we want to convey.

by Anonymousreply 224March 19, 2019 11:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!