Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has anyone been able to make it through “The Order” ...

... on Netflix?

The new web series about a guy who joins a paranormal coven at a college and gets embroiled in a war between witches and werewolves?

I couldn’t watch more than ten minutes of it. Far too douchebro for me and the acting is abysmal.

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2020 9:06 AM

I couldn't even make it through the trailer when it came out. No way am I putting myself through that.

It has that cheap and cheesy feel paranormal shows on networks have, so I guess they're going after that market now as well. They should've saved "Midnight, Texas" instead. They'd get it for pennies and François Arnaud's tooshie has an established fandom already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 10, 2019 12:24 AM

Just abandoned it after 30 min of the first episode

by Anonymousreply 2March 10, 2019 12:24 AM

Netflix sent me a notification on my iPhone inviting me to watch it. I thought they were talking about the movie with Heath Ledger.

by Anonymousreply 3March 10, 2019 12:27 AM

They got you to watch ten minutes of it.

by Anonymousreply 4March 10, 2019 12:27 AM

The viewing stats on this thing are going to be so bad, it was probably made for one season only from the start.

by Anonymousreply 5March 10, 2019 12:28 AM

This is the bullshit for which Netflix keeps jacking up their rates. They haven’t produced a quality original show since Ozark, and that was two years ago. How much garbage have they released since then?

by Anonymousreply 6March 10, 2019 12:33 AM

I say a picture of a shirtless hunk in a fraternity setting so I thought I would check it out. The hunk quote seems low. The show is American or Canadian so I assume there will be no sex or nudity. Reviews said it was like a badly written The Magicians which made me want to watch that. I’m still trying to get through one episode of The Order. The group is coed so that bores me.

by Anonymousreply 7March 10, 2019 12:37 AM

I thought Sex Education was pretty good not perfect but pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 8March 10, 2019 12:40 AM

R4, I saw it on the Netflix menu so I thought I’d try it. I hadn’t seen the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 9March 10, 2019 12:41 AM

Sounds like we’d be better off just watching The Covenant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 10, 2019 12:41 AM

it Is getting better. The two leads are trying too hard to have chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 11March 10, 2019 12:45 AM

I know Ethan Hawke. I’m a fan of Ethan Hawke and the star of The Order is no Ethan Hawke.

by Anonymousreply 12March 10, 2019 12:48 AM

Is he going to wear that blue jean jacket the whole series ?

by Anonymousreply 13March 10, 2019 12:49 AM

Made it On episode 2. Werewolf was beyond cheesy.

by Anonymousreply 14March 10, 2019 12:58 AM

Think I’m giving up. There will never be a shirtless hunk.

by Anonymousreply 15March 10, 2019 1:15 AM

The lead actor looks just like Sam Trammell. He should've played his Dad instead of professor.

by Anonymousreply 16March 10, 2019 9:03 AM

A lot more eye candy than The Magicians. Any gay characters before I devote time to this?

by Anonymousreply 17March 10, 2019 11:48 PM

No gays.

by Anonymousreply 18March 11, 2019 2:32 AM

I try to only watch shows with gay male characters nowadays, so it's a no from me.

by Anonymousreply 19March 14, 2019 4:31 AM

There's one sort of gay character who of course has no romantic life.

Another character has hinted he is bi but both of the romantic possibilities he's shown interest in are women. One of whom was the closest character to being a lesbian but I guess she turned out to be straight.

The two leads seem to have no chemistry between them. They should be brother and sister. Their romantic scenes together are awkward.

by Anonymousreply 20March 14, 2019 4:41 AM

What about The Witch? It’s about this black witch who is burned at the stake in 1683 and travels through time to an American high school to live as a teenager and has to deal with boys and Mean Girls. Is that show any good?

by Anonymousreply 21March 14, 2019 5:57 AM

R21, the dubbing is so bad it put me off the show.

by Anonymousreply 22March 14, 2019 8:32 AM

It's not good, but watched it through because I like Katharine Isabelle (from cult hit Ginger Snaps and Hannibal, of course). There are cute guys like Thomas Elms, the wolf pack leader with a heart of gold and a drinking problem. And then there's of course The Magicians' Adam DiMarco and Deadly Class' Sean Depner.

If feels like a sanitized version of The Magicians ripping off storylines and characters. There is a gay character (Brandon) but he's just a side kick for a mean heather witch who start their apprenticeship at the witch coven the same time as the male lead.

There are some elements I do like though. Like their werewolf universe (an order that fights bad magic and bad witches) and how you become a werewolf on the show (a wolf hide choosing its host).

by Anonymousreply 23March 14, 2019 9:39 AM

Sean Depner has a hot little scene where his character is tricked into thinking he makes out with a girl but she's just using him to get info about an advanced spellbook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 14, 2019 9:51 AM

Season 2 is out. Jack is super hot and we get to see his butt as he has a tattoo on it hehe. He reminds me of Leonardo DiCaprio.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2020 9:06 AM

I think I watched 3 episodes when it first came out before I gave up.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2020 9:10 AM

Thanks for bumping the old thread. When I saw the second season I used DL's search feature, and even yahoo, but couldn't find it. Then I started a new thread for the second season, but that one was a bust.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2020 9:11 AM

IMO the second season is much better than the first one.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2020 9:12 AM

Why do you say that, R28?

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2020 9:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!