Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Captain Marvel to have MASSIVE opening, proving Marvel movies are now critic proof

This shit ain't going away any time soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207April 9, 2019 6:02 AM

It’s 81 percent fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. Marvel generally makes very good super hero movies. DC is generally a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 1March 8, 2019 7:45 PM

Yeah I've yet to see an outright negative review R1. Some have said it was "OK", but nobody is saying it outright sucked (cough, Justice League, cough).

by Anonymousreply 2March 8, 2019 7:46 PM

Got all my tickets for tonight. Going with my brosquad.

by Anonymousreply 3March 8, 2019 7:58 PM

It looks really bad.

by Anonymousreply 4March 8, 2019 8:02 PM

Will Brie become even more insufferable ,allegedly ?

by Anonymousreply 5March 8, 2019 8:19 PM

I’ll be going tomorrow morning with my friends. Seeing it in IMAX. These movies have become such cultural talking points that I don’t know how someone would get buy without seeing it. Won’t you feel left out when all of your friends/co-workers are talking about it on Monday?

by Anonymousreply 6March 8, 2019 9:11 PM

Can’t Wait to see it at 9

by Anonymousreply 7March 8, 2019 9:55 PM

You seem surprised that another MCU movie is a hit. The MCU is the most reliable thing in the movie business, all their movies are hits.

by Anonymousreply 8March 8, 2019 9:57 PM

Welcome to my big opening!

by Anonymousreply 9March 8, 2019 9:58 PM

Watching it with my best friend, her boyfriend, my x and my current boyfriend tonight bitches

by Anonymousreply 10March 8, 2019 9:59 PM

I'm so sick of these fucking movies.

by Anonymousreply 11March 8, 2019 10:01 PM

Well to be fair R8, Ant Man (and the sequel) did fine, but were not "hits" (same with that horrible Thor movie). They made money to be sure, but not Black Panther/Infinity War money. It is almost disturbing that at this point we are calling Ant Man movie "OK" (financially) when it still made almost 4X the budget.

by Anonymousreply 12March 8, 2019 10:02 PM

I don't know that I've ever seen a thread on this sight that is so obviously an advertisement, and so poorly done as this one.

by Anonymousreply 13March 8, 2019 10:02 PM

Brie is one of these smug SJW girls. Give it time. She'll have skeletons in her closet too that will knock her down from her smug, uneducated pedestal.

by Anonymousreply 14March 8, 2019 10:04 PM

r11 I feel the same way about you

by Anonymousreply 15March 8, 2019 10:08 PM

R6 is particularly entertaining. Whatever in the world would I ever have to talk about, if not for this movie. She really is a superhero, coming into my vacuous empty life and giving it the meaning I need to have something, anything to talk about on Monday morning. Such a hero.

by Anonymousreply 16March 8, 2019 10:08 PM

I thought both Ant Man Movies, Winter Soldier, and Aquaman were the greatest comic book movies to come out in several years. I like the DC movies better overall. The Marvel movies have shitty villains. This one is no exception.

by Anonymousreply 17March 8, 2019 10:12 PM

I wanna fuck Jude Law.

by Anonymousreply 18March 8, 2019 10:13 PM

r18 harrd

by Anonymousreply 19March 8, 2019 10:13 PM

Saw it last night and enjoyed it. Larson and Jackson have good chemistry. Annette Bening seems to be choosing to age naturally and looks her age. That's not an insult, just a fact.

by Anonymousreply 20March 8, 2019 10:13 PM

havent seen a.superhero movie in the last 20 years. and i'm proud of it. and yes, i'm better than you.

by Anonymousreply 21March 8, 2019 10:14 PM

r21 you had sex with one midget and now you think your better than us?!

by Anonymousreply 22March 8, 2019 10:15 PM

R21, But how will you find anything to talk about with others? These have become such cultural talking points, after all. These films are at the forefront of our cultural talking points, don't you know?

by Anonymousreply 23March 8, 2019 10:17 PM

But it's getting good reviews? Unless you buy into the bullshit that some sad, lonely virgins are trying to push that it's a shit film because the lead doesn't make men out to be gods or that the film isn't led by a muscular, tall, good looking guy who represents their suppressed homosexual urges.

by Anonymousreply 24March 8, 2019 10:17 PM

"Ms. Marvel"

Captain Marvel has a dick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 8, 2019 10:18 PM

I refuse to applaud for Brie. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 26March 8, 2019 10:18 PM

Marvel movies are always critic proof. they are all variations on the same boring, basic, CGI fest.

by Anonymousreply 27March 8, 2019 10:19 PM

I only go for cool action scenes and witty one-liners and these comic movies are so fucking long too. I'll watch probably after spring break, fuck going on a Friday or the weekend. Or just wait for the $1 movie.

by Anonymousreply 28March 8, 2019 10:21 PM

The most boring Oscar winner in my lifetime. So not a star.

by Anonymousreply 29March 8, 2019 10:23 PM

I can’t get off my ass to see How To Train A Dradon 3 in 3d. I like Brie the star of Room will be forever cool in my book.

by Anonymousreply 30March 8, 2019 10:32 PM

R6 Loser

by Anonymousreply 31March 8, 2019 10:36 PM

She's cool in my book. kinda funny and affable in interviews. I want to see HTTYD also but will wait til the kids dissipate.

by Anonymousreply 32March 8, 2019 10:38 PM

I still don't know how got cast. She's so boring.

by Anonymousreply 33March 8, 2019 10:39 PM

Brie is very stiff onscreen. The movie is OK. The first end-credit scene is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 34March 9, 2019 5:18 AM

The comic book film cycle has to peter out at some point. It's getting boring. I think when Robert Downey and Chris Evans leave the series after the Avengers film being released in the Spring, the new characters won't hold a candle to them and we'll start to see a little less interest in what comes next.

by Anonymousreply 35March 9, 2019 6:46 AM

I've seen both Ant Man movies, could not tell you a single plot point

by Anonymousreply 36March 9, 2019 9:07 AM

[quote]It’s 81 percent fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. Marvel generally makes very good super hero movies. DC is generally a hot mess.

If you only count Top Critics the rating drops to 65%. And, more worryingly, the audience score at RT is only 52%. On comparison Alita: Battle Angel's audience score is 94%. The audience score shows the percentage of RT users who've voted the movie 3.5 stars or higher.

On Metacritic the score is 65.

The movie is probably technically extremely well made, like all MCU films, and it's most probaby a fun ride to experience. But like many MCU films you probably pretty much forget what happened in it five minutes after it's over. Some of their films are super bland, like Ant-Man but still I was surprised how much I liked watching the sequel. I'll definitely catch Captain Marvel at some point but I'm not expecting much.

by Anonymousreply 37March 9, 2019 9:25 AM

R24, do you shill directly or indirectly for Hollywood?

Captain Marvel is a trash fire and only NPCs are eating it up. The movie is not doing well and Disney can’t grease any more palms and manipulate the press to trick the public. “Access journalists” have admitted to saying it was fine instead of telling the truth because then they’ll miss out on ACCESS to Infinity War and every other Marvel movie thereafter.

I’m in the 30s, don’t know anyone seeing it. My nephews and nieces laughed when I asked. Face it, Captain Marvel is the Hillary Clinton of superheroes and she’s propped by accusing people of misogyny!

Does anyone really feel like cringing in a movie theater when the movie plays No Doubt’s “I’m Just a Girl” while “just a girl” engages in some green screen CGI highly-choreographed-badassrry?!

😂 😂 😂

by Anonymousreply 38March 9, 2019 11:03 AM

Just time travelled back to the 10s and nobody here wants to see it either that isn’t a blue-haired land whale keyboard activist.

I’m also IN my 30s. Maybe I’m too old to enjoy cape movies. A few were good but Black Panther and Avengers 2-3 were funny bad.

by Anonymousreply 39March 9, 2019 11:05 AM

r38 Dude, it's 2019, you can let Hillary go.

[quote]On comparison Alita: Battle Angel's audience score is 94%.

Which tells you all you need to know about the boy who vote on these things. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to rely on the taste of people who liked Alita.

by Anonymousreply 40March 9, 2019 11:11 AM

This whole debate is very silly.

Very few people care about ratings and the ones that do are internet savvy enough to care know that they're being tampered with on sites.

[quotes]I’m in the 30s, don’t know anyone seeing it.

I'm not surprised if your nieces and nephews are your only friends.

by Anonymousreply 41March 9, 2019 11:18 AM

Ahh, there's some weird ass alt-right movement against Captain Marvel and that's why the RT audience score is so low. I didn't read OP's Deadline article before posting so I had no idea the right wing cunt linked in the article was talking about Alita and telling his followers to go see it instead of Captain Marvel. However in any case the critics' scores aren't really that great.

R40, Alita is actually a pretty decent film. Not great by any means but I went in expecting to hate it but I ended up falling in love with the characters almost from the start. Unfortunately that high didn't last for the entirety of the movie but for a Robert Rodriguez film it was well-made. Too bad we probably won't be seeing a sequel since there's no way Alita will break even, unless James Cameron makes it happen.

by Anonymousreply 42March 9, 2019 11:21 AM

It was good

by Anonymousreply 43March 9, 2019 12:08 PM

She's been all over TV this week on the interview circuit and every time I see her, without fall, I say, "Who the fuck is that?"

She looks like she should be working at Barnes and Noble. Or just won the Publishers Clearinghouse.

by Anonymousreply 44March 9, 2019 8:16 PM

The audience score was like 30% a WEEK before the movie opened R37. There is some trolling going on there.

I just saw it. It was fine. Not great, but not bad. A reviewer on youtube (a female critic) called it "Captain Feminism : The Movie", and I do have to agree with her on that. It was.a bit too on the nose, but it didn't distract me too much.

by Anonymousreply 45March 9, 2019 9:25 PM

Doesn't anyone of the female gender find this stuff patronizing? A female superhero (as if that's never happened before)! International Woman's Day (because it's still a shock that some women accomplish things)? Such weird shit.

by Anonymousreply 46March 9, 2019 9:28 PM

[quote]The movie is not doing well

‘Captain Marvel’ Tramples Internet Trolls & Skyrockets To $157M-$160M Opening

Don’t believe the trolls on Rotten Tomatoes’ audience score, or the zany, small white dude contingency misconstruing Brie Larson’s call for diversity in film critics for man-hating: There is absolutely no question, Disney’s Captain Marvel is a huge hit, with an industry estimated $62M Friday (including $20.7M Thursday previews) and an opening weekend between $157M-$160M, currently the third-best for the month of March after Beauty and the Beast ($174.7M) and Batman v. Superman ($166M). Captain Marvel is also the 7th best debut for a Disney MCU title.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 9, 2019 10:05 PM

It's so empowering!

by Anonymousreply 48March 9, 2019 10:07 PM

R10, that lineup sounded like it could end in tears. Did it?

by Anonymousreply 49March 9, 2019 10:12 PM

Marvel movies are overrated trash. It's been ten years of this crap. Can't we move on?

by Anonymousreply 50March 9, 2019 10:19 PM

I saw it and it was fine. I'm not a fan of the MCU for all the reasons already stated, but a friend wanted to see it, so I went. It is a typical MCU movie, and the college kids behind us were excited by every detail and laughed at every joke. I think it is closest to Guardians of the Galaxy, but since I don't get any of the superhero movies, I may be wrong. It took me a while to understand what was going on, the dialogue was cringey bad and caters to fanboys, the acting/casting was inconsistent, and some of the effects were distracting (the reverse aging of Samuel L Jackson, Annette Bening struggled with the blue screen). However, it's the first Marvel movie that made me laugh out loud, and I genuinely enjoyed the last 30 minutes or so. Plus Ben Mendelson. So it was fine, and definitely worth seeing if you are a Marvel fan.

by Anonymousreply 51March 9, 2019 10:59 PM

R47, the film’s production cost is estimated at ca. $152 million. Plus additional marketing overheads and distribution overheads (especially in China, where the gov’t takes a big chunk of the profits for itself).

The film is estimated to have received a gross of $188m so far (a lot of it in China, see above problem) - but that’s gross, not net profit.

So in order for it to be a financial “huge hit”, like Deadline assumes, it needs to keep up a consistent revenue stream for longer.

But most loyal Marvel fanboys will have already seen it by now. So the question will be whether regular moviegoers will be half-arsed to go buy a ticket in the next few weeks.

Personally, the trailer and promotion didn’t interest me at all. They didn’t show any interesting, suspenseful storyline or unusual characters. No eye-candy either. I’m not a Marvel / Disney fanboy, so I’m not going to buy a product just because it has Marvel in its name.

Most British official reviews are lukewarm as well. 3 out of 5 stars is mediocre. They also say the main character is largely written or played as emotionless and poker-faced.

By comparison, I still remember when I saw the trailer for Winter Soldier - I was hooked from the get-go. Captivating story and lots of eye-candy. One of the few Marvel films I bothered to pay for.

by Anonymousreply 52March 9, 2019 11:41 PM

Just saw it. Meh

by Anonymousreply 53March 9, 2019 11:43 PM

Just saw it. Liked it a lot. First half hour sucked but then it really picked up when Jackson came in. Brie grew on me, though I still think she’s not memorable enough to become a real A list star. Jude Law looked hot, after some rough years.

Captain Marvel as a character actually made me excited to see Endgame. Infinity Wars was just too much of a downer for me - this gave me some hope for the next big Avengers movie.

by Anonymousreply 54March 10, 2019 12:00 AM

Is that what a ‘good’ weekend is ? 150 million ? I remember Solo had a huge number but was still considered poor ?

by Anonymousreply 55March 10, 2019 4:40 AM

Larson is not very compelling as a central character here. I feel like her unlimited powers were the real star. It’ll be interesting to see if she does better sharing the spotlight with the rest of the team.

Ironically...slicing through spaceships in a blaze of light is EXCATLY what I would have wanted to see from a well-developed Dark Phoenix. But it looks like Fox will have Jean in a trench coat...disintegrating people. Again. Just fucking kill me now.

by Anonymousreply 56March 10, 2019 7:16 AM

It was overly long and it still didn't explain critical details about her power. How does she fly in space without a suit or oxygen. didn't she have a suit at the beginning of the movie? If her power comes from an infinity stone how does she retain that power when thanos has the stone?

by Anonymousreply 57March 10, 2019 7:52 AM

This may be a stupid question, but wasn't Captain Marvel originally a male superhero? And his female counterpart was Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers)? I could've sworn she was a he.......

by Anonymousreply 58March 10, 2019 8:13 AM

Yes, Mar-Vell was Captain Marvel.

by Anonymousreply 59March 10, 2019 8:19 AM

Yup, as R58 said:

"Captain Marvel" was Mar-Vell.

"Ms. Marvel" was Carol's original name and while she got her powers from Mar'Vell originally, Maria's Rambeau's daughter Monica became Captain Marvel after Mar-Vell.

Carol didn't become Captain Marvel until years later in the comics after she had a couple of other names. Carol as "Captain Marvel" is relatively new in the scheme of things.

Kamala Kahn is the current Ms. Marvel.

Long story short: The titles of "Captain Marvel" and "Ms. Marvel" are linked but completely different titles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 10, 2019 8:53 AM

The problem with this movie is that the protagonist actress is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 61March 10, 2019 9:44 AM

[quote]Doesn't anyone of the female gender find this stuff patronizing? A female superhero (as if that's never happened before)! International Woman's Day (because it's still a shock that some women accomplish things)? Such weird shit.

Well you certainly sound offended, you little Mr. Snowflake. I'm male and I've never felt threatened by feminism.

[quote] Ironically...slicing through spaceships in a blaze of light is EXCATLY what I would have wanted to see from a well-developed Dark Phoenix. But it looks like Fox will have Jean in a trench coat...disintegrating people. Again. Just fucking kill me now.

Judging by the latest trailer they do have some sequences in space, but sure I doubt Jean will fight with the Shi'ar forces in space like in the original comics story. Singer's X-Men films (not counting Apocalypse) are my favorite superhero films and quite honestly I'm not expecting much from this film. Jean being controlled by The Hellfire Club was a fabulous story in itself but I assume they do not even appear in the film since Jessica Chastain's character apparently is not part of them. I thought she might be The White Queen but Kinberg last year pretty much ruled that out.

by Anonymousreply 62March 10, 2019 11:40 AM

This film was released when there was absolutely nothing else to see at the movies.

by Anonymousreply 63March 10, 2019 11:43 AM

R63, studios tend to open mostly really small counterprogramming films during any superhero film opening weekends.

by Anonymousreply 64March 10, 2019 11:51 AM

These are adults posting here, right?

by Anonymousreply 65March 10, 2019 12:10 PM

I enjoyed it

by Anonymousreply 66March 10, 2019 12:27 PM

R65, we tend to get about ten times more posts about soaps than superhero films. I'd says soaps can be way more juvenile than superhero films. At least conversations don't last three weeks in superhero films or tv shows.

by Anonymousreply 67March 10, 2019 12:35 PM

[Quote] If her power comes from an infinity stone how does she retain that power when thanos has the stone

Wanda's powers comes from an infinity stone as well, someone else having the stone didn't mean anything to her. It is just the origin.

by Anonymousreply 68March 10, 2019 1:11 PM

I asked this on the other thread, but did anybody else think that maybe the daughter in the Skrull family will turn out to be Nebula? That perhaps her parents are killed and Thanos "adopts" her?

I don't know Nebula's origin so I may be way off the cracker here.

by Anonymousreply 69March 10, 2019 1:26 PM

You might be right in all you say, R52, but characterizing the sixth highest global debut of all time as "not doing well" makes it a bit suspect.

by Anonymousreply 70March 10, 2019 9:22 PM

Yeah, whatever, douchebag R568. A true feminist would never endorse the pandering of International Woman's Day or whatever that Hallmark shit is. They're too busy doing and being it (one hopes).

by Anonymousreply 71March 11, 2019 3:17 AM

Sixth highest grossing opening in history

by Anonymousreply 72March 11, 2019 3:53 PM

Internationally

by Anonymousreply 73March 11, 2019 3:53 PM

r61 You need to be beheaded baby

by Anonymousreply 74March 11, 2019 9:31 PM

R38 better take your meds because it is a big hit.

by Anonymousreply 75March 11, 2019 9:34 PM

Yep R75. 3X budget opening weekend. It doesn't really get much better. Anything more at this point is pure profit (including money we don't see reported - DVD, iTunes, Amazon, merchandise, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 76March 11, 2019 9:38 PM

Captain Marvel is set in the 1990s. They went for a different feel, that's why the fanboys hate it. When Carol gets to Avengers: Endgame, it's going to be a different story.

r56, let's face it Chris Klein isn't that compelling either except for the rocking bod.

Carol Danvers in the comics is one of the most abused and most interesting characters Marvel created, so the films can't capture it all. She was an early feminist, then the character was raped, brainwashed and the Avengers, thinking she was in love with her alien assailant let her go. She comes back as Binary, then Warbird, facing the loss of powers, becomes an alcoholic, gets removed from the Avengers and finally eventually Marvel does right by the character.

For the rest of you who aren't comic fans, we get it. You think superheroes and the movies are stupid. Why do you care?

by Anonymousreply 77March 11, 2019 9:46 PM

This movie looks tedious.

by Anonymousreply 78March 11, 2019 10:18 PM

It isn't all that R78, but if you are into the MCU, worth a see.

by Anonymousreply 79March 12, 2019 12:31 AM

R77 an alcoholic?? I wonder if she ever interacted with Jessica Jones??

by Anonymousreply 80March 12, 2019 2:17 AM

Ok, I have a question. What is the Avengers scene shown at the end of credits ?

I don't care to see the film, but I'm curious about this.

by Anonymousreply 81March 13, 2019 10:56 PM

R81, here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82March 13, 2019 11:40 PM

Thank you, R82 !

by Anonymousreply 83March 14, 2019 1:09 AM

I saw it last night. Nonsensical and boring. There were maybe 20 people in Wednesday 8:00 pm showing.

As we were walking, my friend said “it was bad as the Han Solo movie. I’m so sick of mediocre super hero movies. Maybe I need to watch foreign films with subtitles for a while.”

by Anonymousreply 84March 14, 2019 3:24 PM

So glad it’s a huge smash

by Anonymousreply 85March 14, 2019 9:07 PM

Yeah, that happened R84.

I'm enjoying the neckbeard tears over the movie's success.

by Anonymousreply 86March 14, 2019 9:19 PM

I'm glad so many people spend good money to watch it.

Then I laugh that all they have to show for it afterward is posting on DL.

by Anonymousreply 87March 14, 2019 9:23 PM

[quote][R77] an alcoholic?? I wonder if she ever interacted with Jessica Jones??

Are you kidding? They were best friends in the comic.

by Anonymousreply 88March 14, 2019 10:09 PM

With that weekend result, Captain Marvel owns the second best second frame in March after Beauty and the Beast two years ago which drew $90.4M and ahead of 2010’s Alice in Wonderland ($62.7M). Friday’s results of $18.8M put Captain Marvel at $215.7M through EOD today. By end of Sunday, she’s looking at $266.9M at the high-end.

by Anonymousreply 89March 16, 2019 12:52 PM

box office flop a roonie.

by Anonymousreply 90March 16, 2019 2:07 PM

Huge

by Anonymousreply 91March 16, 2019 2:20 PM

The movie has made 760mil worldwide already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 17, 2019 9:47 PM

It's made more money worldwide in its first week than the mega-hyped ASIB has made in almost 6 months.

by Anonymousreply 93March 17, 2019 9:58 PM

The alt-right crowd were so convinced this movie would flop too, which is what makes this entertaining to me.

by Anonymousreply 94March 17, 2019 10:05 PM

Exactly

by Anonymousreply 95March 17, 2019 10:11 PM

Its international box office will overtake "Wonder Woman" by next weekend. That's incredible for a much lesser known female superhero.

by Anonymousreply 96March 18, 2019 12:06 PM

Huge

by Anonymousreply 97March 18, 2019 12:11 PM

Part 2 is guaranteed

by Anonymousreply 98March 18, 2019 12:10 PM

R38/R71 have not come back. Too busy choking on crow I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 99March 18, 2019 1:20 PM

Exactly

by Anonymousreply 100March 18, 2019 1:53 PM

I saw the film yesterday. Unfortunately it's one of the more forgettable MCU films. Enjoyable to watch to a point but amazingly shallow. I actually fell asleep a few times in the theater. There wasn't much emotional connection with the characters even though I did like them. Two things stood out in the film, first the tribute to Stan Lee had me in tears, and second, the skrull who made a face at the slow transfer speed from a cd was just brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 101March 19, 2019 12:29 AM

They're making these movies in different genres, so one's enjoyment of these movies may depend on how much they enjoy that particular genre. I largely enjoyed this one, but my tolerance for 90s action buddy films is very limited, so that was a drawback for me.

by Anonymousreply 102March 19, 2019 12:59 AM

[quote]The movie has made 760mil worldwide already.

It already outgrossed Oscar-loser Floppy Poopy Turds by three times.

by Anonymousreply 103March 19, 2019 2:02 AM

will the incels now commit e-suicide?

by Anonymousreply 104March 19, 2019 4:48 AM

[Quote] Are you kidding? They were best friends in the comic.

If I'd read the comic books, I wouldn't have asked.

by Anonymousreply 105March 19, 2019 6:22 AM

All the tests proved this movie was going to be a smash hit, which is why Brie Larson ended her "engagement" to a gay man as she was advised (ordered) that she was entering supernova status soon as a superstar actress.

by Anonymousreply 106March 19, 2019 6:23 AM

I liked it, it's a good origin movie for Nick Fury, it sometime felt like a Men in black movie, especially with the cat, I wouldn't mind watching it again for Samuel L Jackson. I have already seen the giant blue guys who are coming to rescue Jude Law, was it in a Thor movie?

Just like for WW, we were told "go see the movie or Marvel/DC will never make a movie with a female lead again!" so we go because the rerun of Buffy episods are not enough for our "blond girl kicking asses" dose.

by Anonymousreply 107March 24, 2019 8:16 AM

Great fun, loved Larson and Jackson, adored the cat!

I also loved the moment where the obnoxious biker dude whines "Gotta smile for me?" at Carol, because the Incels who hate superhero movies about anyone but straight white men all hated the first trailers because Captain Marve didn't smile in them. Hey, Incels, I get it that you never ever get to see pretty girls smiling at you and it hurts, but IMHO that scene was added as a big "fuck you, Incel haters", because Marvel doesn't need your business. Hur hur hur!

by Anonymousreply 108March 24, 2019 8:47 AM

I forget what movie is Floopy Turds ?

by Anonymousreply 109March 24, 2019 8:47 AM

Finally got around to seeing this. Didn't like it as much as I hoped. It was okay but generic. I feel they tried to cram in so much that it all moved too quickly for me to have time to care. Wish it had given more weight to an emotional journey for Carol. Between the busy script and Larson's blandly adequate performance I was just watching, not rooting for the character. (It's a shame the MCU already used Emily Van Camp, I think she would have been a better Danvers.)

Creepy how badly some guys wanted the movie to fail. I was looking at some reviews on YouTube and some dudes have recorded multiple lengthy videos about how terrible Captain Marvel is and how crazy the straw feminists are.

by Anonymousreply 110March 24, 2019 9:40 AM

I think in reality, Game Of Thrones is a more important cultural touchstone to the general public worldwide than Marvel comics.

by Anonymousreply 111March 24, 2019 9:45 AM

The beautiful Gemma Chan is in this. I know it's probably an easy way for her to earn an obscene amount of money, but it's such a predictable, uninteresting career move.

by Anonymousreply 112March 24, 2019 10:18 AM

R112 I have no recollection of her character, was she under heavy make up?

by Anonymousreply 113March 24, 2019 10:23 AM

She plays minn erva. Her makeup is blue, so she may be hard to recognize.

by Anonymousreply 114March 24, 2019 10:28 AM

R114 the girl fighting in Jude Law's team? Ok, I didn't recognize her, same for Lee Pace playing the guy coming to the rescue of Jude Law, if it wasn't written in big letters in the final credit I would have missed him completely. Marvel movie are not always good for actors' ego, can't even identifie them!

by Anonymousreply 115March 24, 2019 10:35 AM

R112 she was in it for about 5 mins. I don't know what was the point in having Djimon Hounsou in this. Although his "laughing on the inside" joke did make me chuckle.

by Anonymousreply 116March 24, 2019 10:57 AM

R116, It was kind of an origin story for him too. He was a part of a (slightly) more wholesome team in Captain Marvel, whereas we know from Guardians of the Galaxy, that he ends up working for Ronan the Accuser (La Belle Pace Bleu).

by Anonymousreply 117March 24, 2019 11:13 AM

R117 Ahh ok. I haven't watched the GOTG movies.

by Anonymousreply 118March 24, 2019 11:55 AM

r118, I found out that the MCU is a variation on gigantic, big-budget, Soap Opera, er, excuse me, I mean "daytime drama". Instead of, however, sitting on your easy chair at home before your TV set, you buy a ticket to see the next plot installment.

Also It was only by sheer chance that I found out that you have to sit through the end credits. There is always a cliffhanger that ties in the next MCU film at the end of them.

They serve the same function as a dramatic device used to great effect in a "daytime drama". That is, assuming you're familiar with say, "The Young and The Restless" or, to go old-school, the now demised "The Guiding Light", seconds before the end of an installment, and especially at a wedding or funeral, the camera will captures all, or separately, the entire cast of characters looking in the same direction at once with looks of shock on their face at the entrance of another character, and then...

The End, cut camera, see ya tomorrow, suckers.

I'm not knocking the MCU. Since Black Panther, I'm a fan, but, truly they are soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 119March 24, 2019 12:49 PM

Ooops, that should be "I found out that the MCU is a gigantic, big-budget variation of Soap Opera,..."

by Anonymousreply 120March 24, 2019 12:51 PM

Comic books are generally soaps for teenage boys.

by Anonymousreply 121March 24, 2019 1:34 PM

Captain Marvel at $910M global after the third weekend.

by Anonymousreply 122March 24, 2019 4:59 PM

Which tops Wonder Woman, and frankly surprises me.

by Anonymousreply 123March 24, 2019 5:01 PM

Huge

by Anonymousreply 124March 24, 2019 5:02 PM

I was disappointed that Gemma Chan’s Role was so small and that she died. I thought she would at least be the second female lead. She did look quite fetching in the blue makeup though.

by Anonymousreply 125March 24, 2019 5:10 PM

These movies are strictly for overseas Asians.

Duh.

by Anonymousreply 126March 24, 2019 5:28 PM

It was a fun movie, delivered $12 bucks worth of action and laughs, like all Marvel films. That's the secret to their massive success, they consistently put out movies that are just plain fun!

This wasn't one of the absolute best comic book movies, it wasn't as joyous as "Guardians of the Galaxy" or as lovable as "Wonder Woman", but it's a worthy entry in the Marvel universe and was a fun evening out at the movies. Good enough.

by Anonymousreply 127March 24, 2019 5:29 PM

Awesome movie

by Anonymousreply 128March 24, 2019 5:33 PM

R123, why does it surprise you? This average movie is the direct lead-up to End Game (which opens soon) - the BIGGEST finale of 10 years of Marvel films. Cap Marv got a major boost thanks to End Game. Some people even went to see Cap Mar just for clues for End Game.

by Anonymousreply 129March 25, 2019 10:28 AM

R125, Gemma Chan was in there just as a token minority. They didn’t give her much to do. Her purpose in the film was simply to give Disney Corporation “brownie points” for using Asian minorities as disposable characters and window-dressing, propping up the White Saviour Blonde Woman :).

Disney marketing execs are already standing on their virtue-signalling soapbox and spinning this ‘blink-and-you-miss-it’ role as some kind of great achievement for “racial equality” and “diversity”. *eyeroll*

by Anonymousreply 130March 25, 2019 10:37 AM

R125, Gemma Chan was in there just as a token minority. They didn’t give her much to do. Her purpose in the film was simply to give Disney Corporation “brownie points” for using Asian minorities as disposable characters and window-dressing, propping up the White Saviour Blonde Woman :).

Disney marketing execs are already standing on their virtue-signalling soapbox and spinning this ‘blink-and-you-miss-it’ role as some kind of great achievement for “racial equality” and “diversity”. *eyeroll*

by Anonymousreply 131March 25, 2019 10:38 AM

Oops, sorry for double-post.

by Anonymousreply 132March 25, 2019 10:39 AM

Just saw this. Can we talk about how gay Captain Marvel is? There's nothing straight about her. Those were family pictures, not friend pictures, they were looking at. Every time they said "best friend" my eyes rolled. Sure, best friend. Uh huh. That long, close hug with closed eyes and everything near the end should have been a kiss because that would have felt completely natural.

I guess there's some fan talk, without much evidence beyond the stars liking the idea, that Captain Marvel and Valkyrie will get together. But, then there's also talk of Thor getting involved with Marvel based just on him saying, "I like this one." in a teaser. Go away Thor. Shoo!

by Anonymousreply 133March 27, 2019 12:15 AM

Tessa Thompson has Rami Malek Syndrome

by Anonymousreply 134March 27, 2019 12:23 AM

Brie Larson's Massive Opening

by Anonymousreply 135March 27, 2019 12:34 AM

That's hot, R135.

by Anonymousreply 136March 27, 2019 2:38 AM

[Quote] I guess there's some fan talk, without much evidence beyond the stars liking the idea, that Captain Marvel and Valkyrie will get together. But, then there's also talk of Thor getting involved with Marvel based just on him saying, "I like this one." in a teaser. Go away Thor. Shoo!

I'd be cool with seeing Captain Marvel and Thor or Valkyrie. I didn't see any chemistry with Maria. I bought them as being best friends.

by Anonymousreply 137March 27, 2019 3:33 AM

I found it really refreshing that they actually made this movie without any romantic interest. Marvel usually always throws in some romantic story no matter how unnecessary and frankly bad it is (hello Chris Hemsworth/Natalie Portman)

by Anonymousreply 138March 27, 2019 3:36 AM

R138, the fact that they didn't is what leads to speculation that she might be gay. They didn't want to go all the way and actually say it outright but they made sure to not give her a male love interest. Same thing they did with Frozen. Just think, at this rate, by 2030 we might not even have to beg for representation or revel in suggestive crumbs.

Speaking of Frozen, they showed the Frozen 2 mini-trailer before CM and there was a quick shot of a girl with dark blonde curls in the middle of a forest. Hope that's Elsa's girlfriend. Not holding my breath but can you imagine how great it would be for a little gay girl to see that? Hell, I'm a long way from little gay girl and I want my gay CM and Elsa.

by Anonymousreply 139March 27, 2019 3:46 AM

[Quote] Just think, at this rate, by 2030 we might not even have to beg for representation or revel in suggestive crumbs.

Why do we have to wait that long?

by Anonymousreply 140March 27, 2019 4:38 AM

Okay, is Carol Danvers gay or bi in the comics?

Because if she's got a man in the comics, he's bound to turn up and ruin things at some point.

by Anonymousreply 141March 27, 2019 5:53 AM

R140, I was being sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 142March 27, 2019 6:20 AM

[Quote] Okay, is Carol Danvers gay or bi in the comics?

Doesn't look like it. She even got with Wolverine at one point.

by Anonymousreply 143March 27, 2019 8:10 AM

I admit I didn't get a gay vibe from Carol and Maria in the movie, more like two people who've become close friends because they were so socially isolated as female pilots.

And that damn child was always around, there's no boner-killer like a small child.

by Anonymousreply 144March 27, 2019 8:31 AM

Felt like a family unit to me but there wasn’t any sexual chemistry. No mention of the Kid’s dad right?

I thought Annette Benning really butched it up too.

Really enjoyed this movie. She’ll be a fun addition to Avengers. Brie Larson - be great if she doesn’t beard up again. Feels like she’s in the glass closet at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 145March 27, 2019 9:00 AM

I think they kept it ambiguous intentionally. Agreed that a love story would have weighed the film down.

by Anonymousreply 146March 27, 2019 9:07 AM

The relationship between Captain Marvel and her "best friend" Maria was an absolute callback to the old days of coded relationships in Hollywood. I'm sure they'll leave it there because it would be weird to bring it back in a different light in the future.

But, I really, really hope they pair up Captain Marvel and Valkyrie.

by Anonymousreply 147March 28, 2019 5:56 AM

R141 she and War-Machine are a thing. It's a damn shame Don Cheadle is playing him. War-machine is only like a few years older than Carol. Guess they are going to give her a random or no romance, which is great.

by Anonymousreply 148March 28, 2019 6:03 AM

[Quote] The relationship between Captain Marvel and her "best friend" Maria was an absolute callback to the old days of coded relationships in Hollywood

??????

by Anonymousreply 149March 28, 2019 7:15 AM

I can't imagine War Machine and Captain Marvel (movie versions) together. He's twice her age and not conventionally attractive, and wasn't he crippled in "Civil War"?

Still, I can't her relationship with her best human friend blossoming or re-blossoming into love, not now that they've stopped being equals by any normal standard. Better to hook her up with some superhero, or just give her the pick of all the hot men in the Avengers. I'd go for Thor myself, even though Captain America is officially single, because I'm pretty sure Thor is straight.

by Anonymousreply 150March 28, 2019 11:18 PM

R149, are you gay? I hope there aren't any gay people who don't know about coded gay relationships in old Hollywood. The Captain Marvel "best friend" relationship would fall under the "between the lines" type of post-Hays code relationship. I mean, do tons of you spend Christmas morning in your pajamas opening presents with your best friend and her kid who you also happen to live with?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151March 29, 2019 4:01 AM

Well, I still think they did a good job of establishing why these two women would become such close putatively platonic friends, neither one seems to have any family and they were living in the middle of the fucking desert as part of the hyper-macho test pilot culture from "The Right Stuff". That wasn't necessarily a sexual relationship, it could easily have been a case of becoming close to the only person within 300 miles either had much in common with.

And yes, they deliberately called back to "The Right Stuff", that's why they had a Pancho's Bar full of pictures of pilots. That is straight out of the book and film of "The Right Stuff" and is meant to show that yes, that's what Carol had been doing before. Even though the original Pancho (aviatrix and hotelier Pancho Barnes) had died in 1975. Refresh my memory, was there a picture of Carol Danvers on the wall?

by Anonymousreply 152March 29, 2019 4:23 AM

Whether it was just friendship or more, I thought it was great. Maybe it was one of those things where lesbians remain friends with all of their exes.

Captain Marvel/Valkyrie would be amazing. Marval? Markyrie?

by Anonymousreply 153March 29, 2019 5:56 AM

[Quote] Captain Marvel/Valkyrie would be amazing. Marval? Markyrie?

Lol I think Marval would be a little confusing.

by Anonymousreply 154March 29, 2019 9:47 AM

R150, even though Captain America is officially single, we all know he is keeping himself for his sergeant Bucky. Even now. Talk about coded relationship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155April 4, 2019 5:22 PM

Wait a minute, the Steve-and-Bucky thing is CODED? They ran off to live together in Wakanda, leaving Hydra and the Avengers behind! That's not subtext, that's blatant romance!

Well, not blatant enough for the straight fanboys to get it, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 156April 4, 2019 11:56 PM

Well, R156, we can see it, but it is not said explicitly.

The two men say a lot of things that sound like a declaration of love, and put the other above everyone and everything else but never utter the three words. So it is not explicit for a lot of people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157April 5, 2019 1:08 AM

Well that didn't take long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 5, 2019 5:19 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 5, 2019 5:20 AM

R158, that's based on a real pic that's already adorable.

Disney is going to have to give the fans what they want at some point. Between the campaign to make Elsa gay in Frozen and this newest campaign and their promise to be more inclusive, something has to give. I hope they do actually let Captain Marvel be gay. It's already completely set up and both actresses are on board. What would possibly be their excuse at this point to heteroize CM and Valkyrie?

by Anonymousreply 160April 5, 2019 7:44 PM

R160 that is a cute photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161April 5, 2019 11:50 PM

Captain Marvel better watch out before Cyndi Mayweather cuts her fucking brake lines.

by Anonymousreply 162April 6, 2019 8:14 AM

[quote]The movie is not doing well and Disney can’t grease any more palms and manipulate the press to trick the public.

HA! Has this twat responded since he posted this bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 163April 6, 2019 9:41 AM

Why do adults watch films made for ten year olds. Are you nurturing your inner child ?

by Anonymousreply 164April 6, 2019 11:21 AM

[Quote] Disney is going to have to give the fans what they want at some point.

I doubt they think that.

[Quote] hope they do actually let Captain Marvel be gay. It's already completely set up and both actresses are on board. What would possibly be their excuse at this point to heteroize CM and Valkyrie?

I would love that too but they always have [italic] some [/italic] stupid reason for not actually going there.

by Anonymousreply 165April 6, 2019 2:53 PM

R161, I love that pic. And, those are some pretty lesbian shoes Brie's wearing!

by Anonymousreply 166April 6, 2019 6:28 PM

Since when are regular trainers "lesbian shoes"?

by Anonymousreply 167April 6, 2019 6:31 PM

[quote] Disney is going to have to give the fans what they want at some point. Between the campaign to make Elsa gay in Frozen and this newest campaign and their promise to be more inclusive, something has to give. I hope they do actually let Captain Marvel be gay.

DC already cast a REAL LIFE lesbian as a superhero. But that lesbian chose to identify as a "Trans straight man". So go figure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 6, 2019 6:35 PM

Context, R167. They are on Brie Larson's feet while she's cuddling with Tessa Thompson so they are, forevermore, lesbian shoes.

by Anonymousreply 169April 6, 2019 6:39 PM

R167 I was wondering the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 170April 7, 2019 5:28 AM

Go look at the a bunch of average female celebs out at any kind of gatherings and almost none of them are wearing gym shoes of any sort, even when they should be. They seem to wear heels or ballet flats, etc., even when they go grocery shopping. The only time they were athletic shoes is when they are going to or from the gym or yoga or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 171April 7, 2019 6:02 AM

R171 interesting logic.

by Anonymousreply 172April 7, 2019 6:54 AM

Comfortable shoes are kind of a lesbian thing. I don't know why straight women seem so determined to dress in such uncomfortable shoes so much of the time. Not sure how to explain Tessa Thompson's shoes in that pic, though. Must have borrowed them from a straight chick.

by Anonymousreply 173April 7, 2019 7:01 AM

Xtreme high heels are definitely an actress thing, it's very rare that you'll see one of these gals make any sort of public appearance without 5" heels or higher. I think they're either all hopelessly insecure about the length of their legs, or they want to show that they're getting the most expensive designer shoes, or both.

Real women are much more likely to wear comfortable shoes, at least once they're over forty.

by Anonymousreply 174April 7, 2019 7:10 AM

[Quote] Real women are much more likely to wear comfortable shoes, at least once they're over forty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175April 7, 2019 8:41 AM

[quote]Why do adults watch films made for ten year olds. Are you nurturing your inner child ?

Why do gay men watch straight porn? Are you nurturing your inner homophobe?

by Anonymousreply 176April 7, 2019 8:52 AM

I don’t watch straight porn.

by Anonymousreply 177April 7, 2019 10:01 AM

[quote] They are on Brie Larson's feet while she's cuddling with Tessa Thompson so they are, forevermore, lesbian shoes.

"Cuddling" is a "lesbian-only activity" now?

Some people here must be 13-year-olds from Tumblr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178April 7, 2019 9:13 PM

[quote] Comfortable shoes are kind of a lesbian thing. I don't know why straight women seem so determined to dress in such uncomfortable shoes so much of the time.

Because straight men are attracted to females with LONG, nice legs, R173. Heels help create an illusion of longer, slimmer legs. Most straight females want to have SEX (with hotter men, if possible) - so they try to attract hotter males, by using heels (and other ploys). It's a MATING GAME trick.

Why do you think female strippers wear gigantic heels? Because it turns straight men on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179April 7, 2019 9:23 PM

So, all that right-wing bullshit about feminazis, SJWs and all that amounted to a tiny ignoreable pile of their usual nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 180April 7, 2019 9:27 PM

The irony is that nobody really cares for Captain Marvel as a character. Most women don't even want to buy the Captain Marvel comics.

As usual, the audience for the film was more male than female, percentage-wise. And many of the males saw it simply to get clues for the upcoming blockbuster - End Game.

The majority of women don't care about silly comic book films. They care even less about comics or graphic novels. Despite all of Hollywood's hype about it being a feminist movie, many women didn't even show up to see it.

Compare that with Hunger Games - which was incredibly popular with YA women. Women made up the majority of the audience for HG. Because most women prefer novels over comics.

by Anonymousreply 181April 7, 2019 9:40 PM

The Hunger Games audience was split almost 50/50, from what I remember. Women still come out to see superhero movies. I'm not going to bother looking it up, but Marvel/DC movies probably pull in around 45% women.

by Anonymousreply 182April 7, 2019 10:00 PM

[quote]It wasn’t just young women who turned out to see the on-screen adventures of Carol Danvers, the Air Force pilot who becomes an intergalactic hero. Males accounted for 55% of audiences, while 74% of moviegoers were over the age of 25.

Women made up 45% of the audience, R181. The fact that 74% were over 25 surprises me a little. So much for your teenage males only crap. Batting zero there, R181, et al. (What? A sports reference from a woman? Try not to fall over, R181.)

by Anonymousreply 183April 7, 2019 10:07 PM

[quote] The fact that 74% were over 25 surprises me a little.

It shouldn't I think. The MCU has been going for 11 years. Even if you were 16 when Iron Man came out, you are 27 now.

by Anonymousreply 184April 7, 2019 10:10 PM

It's just goalpost moving.

The success isn't really Captain Marvel's success, it's because of Endgame.

by Anonymousreply 185April 7, 2019 10:11 PM

It wasn't 50/50, R182. Hunger Games was majority female. And, most importantly, women went (even solo females and female-only parties) ) because they really cared about the film. Whereas for silly comic book films, many women are dragged there by their boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 186April 7, 2019 10:12 PM

R186, women make the movie decision in hetero couples. Women are not being dragged to superhero movies. You do realize women can actually make decisions, right? Do some of you even realize how sexist you sound?

by Anonymousreply 187April 7, 2019 10:25 PM

R187, and who elected you to speak on behalf of all womankind? Learn to read first before going on nonsensical "outraged" tirades about "sexism". I said MANY women are dragged by their boyfriends to watch silly action-movies in cinemas. Plenty of women were [bold]bored as heck[/bold] watching Expendables 2 - but they still went because their bodybuilder-wannabe boyfriends have a hard-on for aging grandpas Schwarzenegger and Stallone.

by Anonymousreply 188April 7, 2019 11:14 PM

And now goddam "Shazam". Make it fucking STOP.

by Anonymousreply 189April 7, 2019 11:35 PM

R188, you're just digging yourself deeper. Who elected you? Why are you talking about The Expendables? Are you in some time loop? Women are not being dragged to these movies. There's a reason the ones starring women have a bigger female audience than those that don't. Because women are choosing to go or not. Women actual make decisions for themselves in the real world. Women, shockingly, have agency. And, some of those women dragged their boyfriends to see the ridiculous Aquaman to stare at Momoa for a few hours.

by Anonymousreply 190April 8, 2019 6:03 AM

Wow the alt right shitposting here is really obvious

by Anonymousreply 191April 8, 2019 6:24 AM

The only redeeming thing for this movie is the bitchy Talos (had to google that name since the names in superhero movies make no sense). Imagine the flyover outrage if he is written to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 192April 8, 2019 6:48 AM

Have the incels arrived?

by Anonymousreply 193April 8, 2019 8:51 AM

Why are you sloppy old queens so upset that this movie is successful? Just PISSED, ain't you?

[quote]And now goddam "Shazam". Make it fucking STOP.

He squealed.

by Anonymousreply 194April 8, 2019 8:58 AM

R190, you lack reading comprehension skills. You’re also very over-emotional and triggered. Calm down.

Who elected me? No one - just like NO ONE elected you to speak on behalf of women, as I already said. So please get off your soap box. I was referring to statistics, personal experience and external observations.

Why am I talking about The Expendables? Same as why I’m talking about Hunger Games. It’s called an “example to illustrate a point”.

Many women ARE being dragged to silly, brainless action movies. Just like many women are dragged to European rugby games. I see the boyfriends all the time, yelling from joy at the sight of ugly rugby players bleeding from the nose and spitting blood everywhere. Whereas many of the women in the stands look either disgusted or are on their mobile phones, bored as heck, not even watching the game. It’s clear as day many women there just went to please their boyfriends.

[quote] There's a reason the ones starring women have a bigger female audience than those that don't.

Captain Marvel had about the same (minority) female audience ratio as Thor Ragnarok, which had a male lead.

[quote] some of those women dragged their boyfriends to see the ridiculous Aquaman to stare at Momoa for a few hours.

Momoa is quite popular among guys because he’s a Game of Thrones legend (GoT is beloved by many straight males). I don’t think men need to be dragged to Aquaman (that's a bad example) - because, after all, it’s men, not women, who buy most of Aquaman’s comics and support his franchise. Plus, they cast Amber Heard as the eye-candy co-lead - and her main fanbase are men, not women.

But you’re right in a different way - when there’s a HOT MALE LEAD, women will show up in droves. I was watching Loki (Tom Hiddleston) on stage recently. I felt bad for his female co-star (Zawe Ashton) - because the female audience completely ignored her afterwards. When the actors were signing autographs at the stage door, the female audience members practically ELBOWED her out of the way to get to Hiddleston.

by Anonymousreply 195April 8, 2019 10:55 AM

R195 is a blatant troll.

by Anonymousreply 196April 8, 2019 10:58 AM

People like R196 whose only childish argument is calling others "trolls" are usually the real trolls themselves.

by Anonymousreply 197April 8, 2019 11:00 AM

Calling someone emotional and telling them to calm down is a well known trolling technique.

by Anonymousreply 198April 8, 2019 11:01 AM

Calling someone "sexist" without even understanding posts is a well-known trait of an over-emotional, overly triggered person who lacks reading comprehension, R198.

by Anonymousreply 199April 8, 2019 11:05 AM

Like I said, you're an obvious troll.

by Anonymousreply 200April 8, 2019 11:07 AM

Calling others "trolls" without any arguments just shows your immaturity and lack of debating skills, R200.

by Anonymousreply 201April 8, 2019 11:10 AM

I'm not debating you. I'm calling an obvious troll, who uses known trolling techniques, out for being a troll.

by Anonymousreply 202April 8, 2019 11:21 AM

And I'm calling you an unintelligent person, R202. Because repeating "troll!" in multiple posts (without ANY meaning or substance) is what unintelligent people do.

by Anonymousreply 203April 8, 2019 11:29 AM

You just said I was immature, now I'm unintelligent. Again, you're just trolling.

by Anonymousreply 204April 8, 2019 11:33 AM

People who are immature are usually unintelligent, R204. They go hand in hand.

"Trolls" are people who don't give any reasonable, logical arguments - like you actually, which technically makes you a "troll", I'm afraid.

Anyway let's wind this down - we're not getting anywhere with this.

by Anonymousreply 205April 8, 2019 11:49 AM

Holy shit, a girl power popcorn movie about a superhero has somehow infected DL to the point you’re accusing each other of being incels and pretending women like action movies as much as men do. Yikes!

Captain Marvel is the Solo of the MCU. No one cares. If it wasn’t for the Ghostbusters-like campaign strategy of pitting “Feminists” vs the “Patriarchy” it would’ve made even less of a blip, Infinity lead-in or no.

by Anonymousreply 206April 8, 2019 12:07 PM

R206 = incel

by Anonymousreply 207April 9, 2019 6:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!