Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dear Gay Men, Stop Telling Women They Can't Be in Gay Bars!

Article is from 2017, but this topic is still highly debated. What are your thoughts?

"I know this might surprise you, but in 2017, women can go anywhere we want to! And furthermore, we don't need your approval to do it! When I see these kinds of discussions on social media, there are usually a few men who comment something like, "I love bringing my girls to the club!" Well, that's nice, but not only do women not need your approval to be somewhere, we also don't need you to take us anywhere. We know how to drive, get on the subway, flag down a cab, or download Uber."

"I see it on my Facebook feed every couple of months: a gay man complaining about women in gay bars. Sometimes it's a complaint about annoying bachelorette parties who harass and tokenize men who are simply trying to dance and hook up. Sometimes it's a guy saying he doesn't feel comfortable having sex at a sex party if there are women around. Sometimes it's some older gay man saying, "There should be no fish allowed." That is seriously a comment on saw on a Facebook post this week."

"Dear gay men, stop telling women they can't be in gay bars."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291April 18, 2019 4:38 PM

Straight women. Lesbian sisters are welcome.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2019 5:20 PM

R1 +1

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2019 5:31 PM

As long as they don't act like they run the place....no your place, fraus

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2019 5:46 PM

I've had enough of this subject.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2019 5:48 PM

Totally agreed, all! I've had some very masculine lesbian friends who were more like gay men than most gay men. They could quote Bette Davis and sing along with Sondheim, and they didn't beg us to go shopping with them! The hen party fraus need to create their own straight male free spaces and stop exploiting the gay men who really want nothing to do with them.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2019 5:49 PM

“RuPaul Is Not Amused By The Surge In Bachelorette Parties Happening At Gay Clubs“————Lesbians, Fag Hags, and Straight Women (Gay tourists), need to stay OUT of gay clubs....Period....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2019 5:57 PM

I've been to many bars in my time, and have seen many "drunk" incidents occur from both sexes but any real rowdy, obnoxious behavior has always been straight women.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2019 5:57 PM

I remember going to Musical Monday's at Splash years ago, and there was a large assortment of young women with their gay friends. It didn't bother me because everybody was singing along to Liza, Barbra, Judy and Bette (these are names we shan't forget), but one really drunk girl sitting near me, looking like she was about to throw up, just out of the blue asked if we could be best friends. I looked at her, smiled sympathetically at her ('cause I've been drunk too and don't judge anyone for that), and responded, "No. I take friendship very seriously, and it grows over time." She just said "OK", and went back to her cosmo. It was very sad, like they had no life outside of their gay friends.

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2019 6:04 PM

Of course they can go to,gay bars, legally. But why would they want to? Also, any big group is going to be jarring in a way that a single woman wouldn't be. I'd feel the same about a big group of straight guys, even cute ones. I certainly wouldn't go with a group of gay guys to a straight bar.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2019 6:05 PM

I get really annoyed when they get loud, giggly, touchy-feely, and start proclaiming us as their "new & cool best gay friends EVER!"

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2019 6:10 PM

I stopped going to gay bars when my dick was groped by a drunken girl in a bachelorette party. I pushed her away and she screamed that she was just assaulted by a fucking queer so her minions started yelling at me. I left and I've never returned.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2019 6:14 PM

What a fresh topic for debate! It's not as if this subject hasn't been beaten to death for years and years.

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2019 6:14 PM

If you need a Fag Hag with you when you are going clubbing—-don’t even think about finding a boyfriend..It’s a scientific fact that most fag hags are fat and jealous chicks who can’t get a man—and certainly don’t want you to have one.

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2019 6:14 PM

But he found an old article about it, r12, so we must talk about this immediately!

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2019 6:21 PM

R11 That's a shame. The fraus win when gay men stop going because of situations like this. I can understand if you don't want to go because bars aren't your thing, but allowing these obnoxious females to destroy our spaces will only encourage more bad behavior from them.

by Anonymousreply 15March 1, 2019 6:23 PM

I hate...cunts.

by Anonymousreply 16March 1, 2019 6:23 PM

[Quote]What a fresh topic for debate! It's not as if this subject hasn't been beaten to death for years and years.

Have you forgotten where you are, r12? Rehashing the same old topics is what Dataloungers love most, and do best!

by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2019 6:31 PM

r15 I was pretty shaken when I was accused of assault and realized that a gay bar was no longer a safe venue for a gay man when it was peopled by drunken straight women with an inclination to cry rape. I'm too gentle to go to jail.

by Anonymousreply 18March 1, 2019 6:34 PM

If it’s one girl there with her gay friend I don’t care. Sometimes one straight girl can be a great wingman. But the bachelorette parties ugh no

by Anonymousreply 19March 1, 2019 6:42 PM

R17 Perhaps this topic gets rehashed because the problem doesn't seem to go away. Female entitlement needs to be addressed, and gay venues end up being targeted by the worst of the lot. R18 You have my sympathy for being a victim of their misandry. Where I go in Manhattan, the staff is more cognizant to the issues that straight women in their hen parties cause. Yelp reviews reflect the entitlement of women who have gone there and not gotten the attention they demanded by either the staff or the clientele. This issue will never go away unless gay men step up and let these women know that they won't get away with their actions. When I've even spotted any of these women approaching where I am, I quickly get into a conversation with a neighbor, and when they interrupt, I politely tell them I'm in the middle of a conversation and immediately turn away. I don't need to touch them, and if they touch me, I immediately move away from them. I once had a frau literally pull my hand away from my ears because I covered it in order not to be a victim to her caterwauling. I immediately told her she was out of line, and she quickly moved away.

by Anonymousreply 20March 1, 2019 6:44 PM

Gay Men don't go to Gay Bars often now in any case, let the straight women have them.

by Anonymousreply 21March 1, 2019 6:56 PM

I'm opening up a glum bar. We'll see how that goes over.

by Anonymousreply 22March 1, 2019 6:57 PM

R1 +2

by Anonymousreply 23March 1, 2019 7:19 PM

Not all “fag hags” are fat and jealous you asshole

by Anonymousreply 24March 1, 2019 10:20 PM

I go with my gay friend all the time. I don’t know why you all on here hate women so much. Are you jealous? My friend is not like the gays here.

by Anonymousreply 25March 1, 2019 11:14 PM

We fought for equality and that means sharing space with women in bars.

Back in the day gay bars were really cool. A few women got in, we thought they were all lesbians, so we tolerated them. Then when we gained equality and me and my boyfriend couldn't be turned away from a straight bar, that meant quid pro quo that straight ladies couldn't be turned away from gay bars. And so the vibe of them has changed. Instead of gorgeous hot guys, there are batchelorette parties. That;'s progress for you.

Anyway...welcome ladies.

by Anonymousreply 26March 1, 2019 11:21 PM

Two of the oldest gay bars in DC are up for sale: Green Lantern and the Eagle. Both have had women sue, shove their way in and demand "their rights". Fuck you. You destroyed the last of the two places that were for gay men. Just like every damn thing else, straight women think only of themselves and what they want. They could give two shits in a paper bag who gets hurt.

I've had the damn women put their hands down my pants, grab my balls - it's all fun to them. It's a fag bar. You think these bitches are "allies" - you're an idiot. They're locusts. They won't give a thought to a gay bar they've run out of business. They move on to the next place.

by Anonymousreply 27March 1, 2019 11:44 PM

R25 it's not just the bars; we aren't too crazy about you being here, either, sweetheart.

Boys only. Next time I want to hang out with a bunch of women, I'll go to a straight bar, or some other gynocentric place where the ground is just littered with females. Maybe a Michael's, or Hobby Lobby.

But not my local gay bars. And sure as fuck not here.

by Anonymousreply 28March 1, 2019 11:58 PM

Plenty of straight bars are filled with way more guys than women. Maybe we should just start going there

by Anonymousreply 29March 2, 2019 12:01 AM

I'm glad my social circles have more great straight women than some of you describe.

R29 Heh there is that concept that when a straight man isn't homophobic they're the most sympathetic ally a gay man can get, but its still iffy about being exactly 'safe' in straight bars. But in various sorts of places its getting there. I know I've been in large groups with majority straight men but supported enough that they'd quickly punch a bigot's lights out (or step aside for me to lay into them), if the circumstance would arise (it hasn't, but close a couple times). But you have to pick your friends and environment carefully.

by Anonymousreply 30March 2, 2019 1:43 AM

R28, I won’t be here much longer. I can see that other gays are going to be a problem if I’m going to get through to my friend and have a chance with him. I’ll need to spend more time with him away from gay places.

You all just hate women too much. Are you jealous that real men would rather have a pussy than a shitty asshole?

by Anonymousreply 31March 2, 2019 1:56 AM

You are gross, R31

by Anonymousreply 32March 2, 2019 2:17 AM

Poor R28 just can't STAND having women on a GAY site. He knows you're out there in cyberspace, ladies. Contaminating DL. He just knows it.

by Anonymousreply 33March 2, 2019 2:18 AM

R31 Run away, rapey girl. Run away.

by Anonymousreply 34March 2, 2019 2:19 AM

Just kick the bitches in the cunt. That usually forces them to leave.

by Anonymousreply 35March 2, 2019 2:32 AM

I am so sorry nasty frau bitches are doing this nonsense. I will go for a good drag show every once in awhile. Never, would I consider going in with a gaggle of straight females.

by Anonymousreply 36March 2, 2019 2:36 AM

When haven't you seen a group of women in a bar who, as the night progresses, go from talking and laughing loudly to shrieking? Trying to get attention. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 37March 2, 2019 2:43 AM

R31 oh THIS again.

No, the reason is because, as you just demonstrated, women have no fucking clue about men and sex. The perspective coming from your statement demonstrates that in spades.

Would your gay friend still like you if he knew what a little bitch you are, saying things about how jealous we are supposed to be of you?

You don't understand men, you don't understand sex. You don't understand men and sex. Whatever the fuck it is that you do with your pussy (on your terms, no doubt, not the man's) - that's not sex. That's what females think sex with a man is.

And with that limited knowledge, you don't have any business in the highly male, highly sex charged environment of a gay bar, because you don't know what you're even looking at, or the reasons behind it, or the understanding between the men involved.

It's not your playground, it's not your observatory, it's not your science lab where you witness alien phenomena, it's not your zoo.

It's

Not

Yours.

by Anonymousreply 38March 2, 2019 4:31 AM

R31 is a troll. Don’t bother. She posted surreal comments about trying to turn her gay friend straight in the ‘Why do straight women come on DL’ thread.

by Anonymousreply 39March 2, 2019 4:46 AM

Perhaps this explains why gay bars are disappearing?

by Anonymousreply 40March 2, 2019 5:29 AM

Back in the day, in Baltimore at least, a gay club had a strict 'NO PURSES OR BACKPACKS' rule. Kept the hen parties out since straight girls cant function without their handbags.

by Anonymousreply 41March 2, 2019 6:19 AM

R31 = You proved my point about women in gay bars. YOU can’t get a man so YOU come hang around gays to feel better about your manless existence...Sorry—WE aren’t here to entertain you...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 2, 2019 6:20 AM

R38 you left out that it's not her wheelhouse!

by Anonymousreply 43March 2, 2019 6:30 AM

Me meeting you at the club——A little bit of chat to see if we are attracted to each other.....We find out if we are compatible (top, bottom etc)—my place or yours.........Easy Breezy........((((or))))—————Me meeting you and your Fag Hag at the bar - Where do I work. What’s my exes name...Do I own a dog or cat...Why am I single..What’s my Facebook address.....blah blah blah......I think not....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 2, 2019 7:15 AM

As I have said before it is not single straight women we need to worry about, its the straight men and straight couples coming to our bars and clubs that is the biggest threat. In London I have seen straight couples filter into gay bars so much that the whole feel of the scene has become straight and dull. No more go go boys no more light hearted camp. It's so sterile. Also most guys you like say "sorry mate I'm straight that's my girlfriend " ugh!

by Anonymousreply 45March 2, 2019 7:37 AM

Just don’t bring them to the Eagle, Darling. Gregory, the bartender, will drag you

by Anonymousreply 46March 2, 2019 7:43 AM

R45 Which London gay bars are you going to? Most I know have a 'majority gay door policy'. I can barely think of any apart from, say, G-A-Y that would even let a hen party in.

by Anonymousreply 47March 2, 2019 7:53 AM

Exactly, I was scoping this guy out and I approached and ask him his name and he made a rude comment and said he was straight. I was like what the fuck are you Here then?

by Anonymousreply 48March 2, 2019 7:55 AM

R47 are you kidding me? When wad the last time you were in Soho?

by Anonymousreply 49March 2, 2019 8:07 AM

R49 Which Soho gay bars apart from G-A-Y allow hen parties in?

The majority don't.

by Anonymousreply 50March 2, 2019 8:14 AM

Whatever happened to manners? Oh right - it's the 21st century. If you're a woman, after an early evening drink in your neighborhood gay bar it's time to leave. It's male space and male energy. I say this as a lesbian with great male friends. Leave the guys alone. You're not going to see them pile into lesbian bars and make asses of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 51March 2, 2019 8:22 AM

This thread is like the first-class passengers on the Titanic demanding to know why the third-class is allowed on their deck. Gay bars are shuttering fast. Moot point.

by Anonymousreply 52March 2, 2019 8:40 AM

R52. Agreed. When are we going to start going to straight bars en masse? I think we should in the spirit of equality.

by Anonymousreply 53March 2, 2019 9:34 AM

R48, I wasn't straight. You just didn't do it for me and there was a hot guy getting away.

by Anonymousreply 54March 2, 2019 11:25 AM

R53 In Boston that was happening a few years ago, it's called Guerrilla Bar. I always thought it was a passive-aggressive thing for gay people to invade a non-gay just to prove a point, but I know there's other way of looking at it I'm sure it was happening in many cities, but I haven't heard much about it lately.

by Anonymousreply 55March 3, 2019 6:25 AM

R55. Why is it passive aggressive? If we now live in non homophobic times when straights feel comfortable being in gay bars why should they object to seeing us kissing in their bars.

by Anonymousreply 56March 3, 2019 6:34 AM

But no one would get any grief from being affectionate with men in a straight bar surely? Straight people, especially our allies straight women, would defend us.....wouldn't they??

by Anonymousreply 57March 3, 2019 6:38 AM

I was in a gay bar for a drink last night and it was kind of crowded but, humblebrag, a women shouted 'he's good looking' in my direction. It's six, this is my first drink. I wasn't sure, so I didn't want to do a "who me" look or engage at all really so I ignored. I've lived in NYC over 20 years if you think I like being shouted at!!

by Anonymousreply 58March 3, 2019 11:19 AM

Next....they'll be wanting to vote!

by Anonymousreply 59March 3, 2019 11:35 AM

Or drive!

by Anonymousreply 60March 3, 2019 11:45 AM

Nobody wants your smelly gashes in our bars. Take yourself and your yoga-pant friends to a place more suitable. Try the bar at Fridays or Chili's.

by Anonymousreply 61March 3, 2019 12:53 PM

Cuter guys prefer weed to booze anyway.

by Anonymousreply 62March 3, 2019 1:07 PM

I recall going to a Drag bar in Boston a few years ago. It was filled with women. To say it was a total downer would be putting it mildly. If one more woman hit on me or my spouse well - let's just say I have a pretty acerbic wit about me.

by Anonymousreply 63March 3, 2019 1:54 PM

cunts will be cunts

by Anonymousreply 64March 3, 2019 2:01 PM

Fish are beyond disgusting. They are tolerated in str8 bars only due to their stink-holes.

by Anonymousreply 65March 3, 2019 2:05 PM

Who's the stupid Gash who keeps screaming " you're just jealous "? This is exactly the reason I DO NOT want to see women in gay bars...its to get away from that shrill, 12 year old grade school shit..

by Anonymousreply 66March 3, 2019 6:41 PM

Fortunately the gay bar I go to in Manhattan only rarely has visitors from the straight female community and they realize quite quickly that the regular customers are annoyed by their caterwauling and attempts to take over. Even when they try to be friendly, they come off as shrewish. We have women regulars who have been coming there for years, and they know how to act without necessarily fading into the background. But when the tour busses of fraus enter, it turns the atmosphere into something shrill and nasty. Even one frau among a group of young gaylings can make you feel like nails are being run down the chalkboard. Their vocal fry and screeching is more than just unpleasant and annoying. The management is aware that their longtime customers are annoyed by this, so they go out of their way to keep an eye on the ones who seem to be trouble. More fraus are asked politely to leave than the drunken men because of they react simply to being ignored.

by Anonymousreply 67March 4, 2019 3:56 PM

"I stopped going to gay bars when my dick was groped by a drunken girl in a bachelorette party."

Try being a woman getting groped by a man at a straight bar. Happens all the time.

by Anonymousreply 68March 4, 2019 3:59 PM

I used to love Studio One back in the day. No opened toe shoes allowed. That kept most of the fish out.

by Anonymousreply 69March 4, 2019 4:02 PM

I am sure we have all noticed too that Frau Invaders immediately gravitate to the most stereotypical homosexuals in the room-- super femmy, dressed in androgynous clothing, and happy to shout drag queen isms like "Slayyy Ka-Weeeeen!" with their new BFFs.

They are baffled by all the guys who don't fit that stereotype and sometimes wonder out loud if we're all really gay.

by Anonymousreply 70March 4, 2019 4:03 PM

Straight women are threatened by masculine gay men. They love their queens though.

by Anonymousreply 71March 4, 2019 4:11 PM

R69 Back in the late 80's, everybody I knew in West Hollywood loved Studio One. We'd go to a show in the Backlot then go to the dance floor. I remember liking the decor, especially the giant aquarium in the front bar (once you came up the stairs), but the drinks were terrible. It wasn't that they were weak; They just used the cheapest well liquor, and it tasted it. They changed their names so many times that eventually people stopped going because of the opening of Mickey's on the main drag they just forgot it was there. I always preferred Mickey's (which replaced the Four Star) over Studio One and Rage because they had friendlier bar staff (at the time), and they stopped cover at midnight which meant you could hang out at Trunks, the Revolver or Mother Lode, get nice & tipsy there (ML & Trunks were notorious for very strong drinks and had bartenders that would buy rounds), then go sweat it off at Mickeys. Every time certain artists came on (Madonna before she became "too much", Gloria Estefan, the Pet Shop Boys, Erasure), we'd down our cocktail and run onto the dance floor. At the time, only women friends came in for the most part, and the occasional straight women weren't as bad as they are now. Or perhaps I just had more tolerance at the time. Irregardless, I have incredible memories of 1988-1995 in West Hollywood, working at the video store there and getting comp'd at various clubs because I also worked part time at the Revolver.

by Anonymousreply 72March 4, 2019 4:23 PM

The difference at Studio One was the celebrity factor. Who cares about shitty drinks? Between the Backlot and the club, it was great. That's where Jon Voight tried to pick me up (the first time), I met Liza, Paul Lynde, Allen Ludden, Allan Carr.

And the Backlot got some great acts- Phyllis Diller, Bernadette Peters and of course Wayland and Madame.

A little piece of Studio 54 in LA.

by Anonymousreply 73March 4, 2019 5:05 PM

Did you have a point, R72?

I bet if you would learn how to use paragraphs I wouldn't have to ask.

by Anonymousreply 74March 5, 2019 9:26 PM

This article was written by a MAN. A T pretending to be a woman. Note that GAY is attacked and women are set up for attack. The two enemies of T.

by Anonymousreply 75March 5, 2019 9:28 PM

The only way to keep the straight girls out of gay bars is to encourage the lesbian sister to come out in droves.

by Anonymousreply 76March 5, 2019 9:45 PM

Who wants to cruise men with bitches in the room. Total buzz kill.

by Anonymousreply 77March 5, 2019 10:04 PM

R67 - what bar is this? Fellow NYer here looking for a refuge from the frau invasions.

TIA

by Anonymousreply 78March 5, 2019 10:09 PM

R68. Nobody asked you to deal a hand of Whataboutism you stupid cunt. You don’t get to pretend sexually assualting gay men in a gay bar is some fucked up form of pay back for what happens to straight women in a straight bar by straight men.

No gay man in the history of the world is to blame for what happened to some *other* goddamn woman, you fucking bitch . Quit justifying sexual assault and kill yourself.

by Anonymousreply 79March 5, 2019 11:34 PM

bitch take your frau ass and this article outta here before I smack you!

by Anonymousreply 80March 5, 2019 11:36 PM

Out: " 'Aint nobody we won't sell gay men out for!"

I just don't want to hear whining from the same crew about 'the objectification of women". Doves, you're showing up at gay bars like it's a "Ripley's Believe It or Not" curiosity show. Practice what you preach.

by Anonymousreply 81March 5, 2019 11:37 PM

"Try being a woman getting groped by a man at a straight bar. Happens all the time."

Bitch, this is the same shit that happens to any gay man of a certain age at every gay bar. The difference is, we don't #metoo about the experience.

by Anonymousreply 82March 5, 2019 11:40 PM

Why don't frauen go to the dyke bars?

by Anonymousreply 83March 5, 2019 11:52 PM

Much like women's-only gyms, gay men should have their own spaces too.

As a gay man, I'm in 100% total support of all-women night clubs/bars/cafés. Hey, I'll donate to the Kickstarter. Just stop invading gay men's spaces.

by Anonymousreply 84March 6, 2019 12:52 AM

R83. They want SAFE SPACES!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 85March 6, 2019 1:44 AM

It's really only white women. They are so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 86March 6, 2019 9:37 AM

Men (aka str8 guys) hate fish but tolerate young fish in the hope of possible stinkhole access.

by Anonymousreply 87March 6, 2019 10:11 AM

Where does Datalounge stand on women breastfeeding infants in gay bars?

by Anonymousreply 88March 6, 2019 12:08 PM

[quote]Erna

Fetid retard Nazi shit eating pedo cunt fuck

by Anonymousreply 89March 6, 2019 12:21 PM

Dear straight women, stop telling gay men what they can or cannot say! We don't need your approval in complaining about you for being inconsiderate and obnoxious. An obvious solution would be to make many gay bars private clubs by invitation only...

by Anonymousreply 90March 6, 2019 1:17 PM

A man wrote this article.

by Anonymousreply 91March 6, 2019 1:18 PM

I realized at the start of the millennium that it has become necessary to keep your sexuality from the people you work with, simply because the acceptance of gays and the popularity of that stupid Carrie Bradshaw show has given straight females the psychological misunderstanding that they will be the belle of the ball in gay bars. Every time I've become friendly with a straight woman of a certain age at work and confide in them, they want to know where I hang out and at some point will want to "hang out".

Only one out of five on average know how to act in gay bars, and a lot of times, want to drag you out on the lunch hour to go shopping with them. I had to tell one aggressive broad that I am not a "personal shopper". It is quite assumptive of them to think that being gay makes you an expert on fashion, or even care about it. I got tired of being exploited by them. My women friends at work are the ones nearing retirement. They might "mother" me a bit, but I'll tolerate that over the "woo" girls that the fraus have become over the past 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 92March 6, 2019 1:27 PM

I love the fraus pretending to be gay men in this thread who have no clue why gays don't "just go to straight bars". It's bad enough that you're here to begin with, but to have that proud level of ignorance about REALITY is sickening. Really. You are the anthropomorphisation of a flesh eating disease.

by Anonymousreply 93March 6, 2019 1:49 PM

@ R9: A lot of women go to gay bars and act like assholes for the same reason people (men & women) go to Cabo (or elsewhere) to act like assholes: they think they'll never see those people again.

Also: Bachelor/Bachelorette parties are a scourge wherever they take place.

by Anonymousreply 94March 6, 2019 1:57 PM

Is it slightly hypocritical to object to allowing MaletoFemale people to occupy Women Only places while insisting that they must be allowed to visit traditionally male only places, e.g. gay men's bars.

Do any women ever visit mens' bath houses / saunas?

by Anonymousreply 95March 6, 2019 2:01 PM

Straight SJW have hijacked gay pride and the bars, I don’t bother with either anymore.

by Anonymousreply 96March 6, 2019 2:05 PM

My plan is to go to a predominately straight bar, grab the str8 guys asses while I'm chugging my cosmos and wearing my bachelorette crown hat.

How do you think that would go down?

by Anonymousreply 97March 6, 2019 2:06 PM

R78 I'd have no issue in publishing the name, but I don't want to jinx it and have them start showing up and creating a nuisance when it is only on occasion that it happens. I've learned that the best way to deal with them is to completely ignore their presence, especially if they are going out of their way to get the attention of my friends and I. I'll reveal that it is more of a cabaret than a bar, and that there is a dance floor as well as piano and lounge area. One word of advice: avoid Marie's Crisis: It is frau hell, and the vocal fry is causing dogs to bark in Albany. When the frau's have come in with their hen parties, they push their way through to the front of where the entertainment occurs, swipe people's seats (tossing their coats on the floor), and get angry when the regular customers (of which there are a lot of) ignore them. Back before 2000, it wasn't as bad, and fortunately, now it only happens on rare occasions. When it does, even the staff is noticeably annoyed, and as a result, the Yelp reviews written by the female invaders are generally bad, even though I've never really had a bad time there except when THEY show up.

by Anonymousreply 98March 6, 2019 2:08 PM

I do see some straight women at gay women bars, usually with their boyfriends. They generally are pretty cool. It’s a good thing when a straight woman sees gay women who are feminine and so called straight acting. It breaks stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 99March 6, 2019 2:20 PM

Reality TV has intensified this.

by Anonymousreply 100March 6, 2019 2:24 PM

That article was debated to death when it came up, why couldn't lazy whore OP just read the threads that had already been made?

by Anonymousreply 101March 6, 2019 2:25 PM

r101 is the "do a search!!!" frau. Toots, the search doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 102March 6, 2019 2:31 PM

r102 Ever heard of google?

by Anonymousreply 103March 6, 2019 2:34 PM

R102 Agreed. Plus if this wasn't still an issue, there wouldn't need to be re-addressed over and over. There are many more challenges we face, and I don't think letting it rest with old threads works. Getting the message out that we're as mad as hell and we're not going to take this anymore keeps us heard. I have no issue with women coming in, but a certain type needs to check their entitlement along with their over-sized fake Gucci.

by Anonymousreply 104March 6, 2019 2:35 PM

R102 Who says “Toots” in 2019? The ‘40s are long gone.

by Anonymousreply 105March 6, 2019 2:45 PM

Women in gay bars have anger issues.

by Anonymousreply 106March 6, 2019 2:47 PM

Let's move it along, Toots @ r105.

by Anonymousreply 107March 6, 2019 2:47 PM

R105 I am not the one who used "toot" in a post, but I do use film noir vernacular, simply because it's fun and has a certain pizzazz to it. I'd rather speak like Stanwyck & Lupino than Gaga or Schumer.

by Anonymousreply 108March 6, 2019 2:50 PM

There should be non-lesbian cis-women-only bars.

by Anonymousreply 109March 6, 2019 2:55 PM

Women should NOT be allowed in Gay bars unless they are the entertainment or bar personnel. END OF STORY!

by Anonymousreply 110March 6, 2019 3:00 PM

A woman in a gay bar is a sex crime.

by Anonymousreply 111March 6, 2019 3:02 PM

R104, bravo!

by Anonymousreply 112March 6, 2019 3:02 PM

What r112 said.

by Anonymousreply 113March 6, 2019 3:22 PM

Women: "You can't be in gay bars."

by Anonymousreply 114March 6, 2019 3:30 PM

So, you girls are A-OK with trans in your locker rooms and bathrooms, right?

by Anonymousreply 115March 6, 2019 4:33 PM

“Women in gay bars have anger issues “ Some do for sure. You have to stay clear of butch type bars. They have no class and look like John Goodman. I do notice a slight coldness with some feminine dykes. I don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 116March 6, 2019 5:06 PM

First the bars, then they'll want to storm the bathhouses.

Nip this shit in the bud.

by Anonymousreply 117March 6, 2019 5:09 PM

R117 This has happened at bars with backrooms where the boys go. These are man hating bitches looking for any excuse to ruin their fun!

by Anonymousreply 118March 6, 2019 5:10 PM

[quote]r3 As long as they don't act like they run the place

How does one do this? By turning off the lights and locking up?

by Anonymousreply 119March 6, 2019 5:19 PM

[quote]r20 Female entitlement needs to be addressed ... This issue will never go away unless gay men step up and let these women know that they won't get away with their actions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 6, 2019 5:25 PM

R120 has female entitlement control issues.

by Anonymousreply 121March 6, 2019 5:35 PM

Yep. Entitled bitches.

by Anonymousreply 122March 6, 2019 5:36 PM

[quote]First the bars, then they'll want to storm the bathhouses.

I doubt so since they are looking for well-dressed Earring Magic Ken Dolls who are sexually non-threatening toys. Once a penis is revealed, they’ll be traumatized and scream sexual harassment.

by Anonymousreply 123March 6, 2019 5:47 PM

These are the women who watch Jeffree Star on YouTube and consider themselves woke.

by Anonymousreply 124March 6, 2019 5:54 PM

Here are the fraus entering a gay bar, very apparent here by their passive/aggressive attempts at manipulation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125March 6, 2019 6:20 PM

R68. Then they should know better. But maybe women are like men after all given the chance.

by Anonymousreply 126March 6, 2019 6:29 PM

R13 tell me about it. I've been cockblocked by fag hags on too many occasions. I've been getting cosy with a hot guy and they drag him away with some excuse. Hate that.

by Anonymousreply 127March 6, 2019 6:32 PM

R71. I think yr right. Especially if the gay man is masculine and hot then it's "What a waste"

by Anonymousreply 128March 6, 2019 6:42 PM

Dear heterosexual women, especially white ones:

Stop taking our men away from us.

Sincerely,

Gay men

by Anonymousreply 129March 6, 2019 6:44 PM

R128 I can assure you, it is not wasted.

by Anonymousreply 130March 6, 2019 6:50 PM

R130 but when they say that they give away their homophobia. They love fluffy camp gay men to amuse and make them laugh because they aren't attracted to them. But a hot muscular hunky gay man will be seen as wasted. Often they try to aggressively hit on them too I've seen it.

by Anonymousreply 131March 6, 2019 7:00 PM

Similar experience with straight men and feminine lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 132March 6, 2019 7:11 PM

I'm not allowed in an all female gym, yet we can allow their tacos in gay bars.....please. Can't we have a place for ourselves. I suppose you'll want us to install tampon machines in there too!

by Anonymousreply 133March 6, 2019 7:20 PM

How do these women have time to go out? They should be at home ironing their husbands' work clothes.

by Anonymousreply 134March 6, 2019 7:25 PM

R134 And making sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 135March 6, 2019 7:26 PM

I saw a great example of a Bar’s ability to control these vocal frying cunts in Manhattan. Some HK Kween brought his three GFs to a back room-having gay bar and the bouncer simply said he believed all the female’s IDs were fake. BOOM! Bitches didn’t get in. Problem solved and if they squawked about it, he’d call the cops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136March 6, 2019 7:46 PM

Another major issue I see is how the straight women (rarely ever men) pull out their phones and start videotaping the activities going on. It just shows how stupid these fraus are with their entitlement, thinking that they are groovy, trendy, hip, whatever era word you want to use, then post it on YouTube or Facebook to be considered "with it". They are intruding on people who are there for privacy and who may not want their private lives splashed all over the internet. Employers will see these pictures and videos and on occasion recognize somebody who works for them, and thus that person is outed against their will and sometimes fired with cause. When I used to dress up for Halloween, my friends and I made a point: no picture taking from strangers. A few times, they actually stalked us because we ignored them, taking pictures against our will. A black lady I knew in East Harlem found tourists taking pictures of her just because she looked "of the hood", no asking permission or anything. She gave them the finger and made nasty faces. It is intrusive and there is no excuse for them. So fuck off you Instagram bitches. Nobody wants to be in your fucking video.

by Anonymousreply 137March 6, 2019 7:59 PM

Some great responses on this site, particularly the one in bold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138March 6, 2019 8:10 PM

The misogyny on this thread is through the roof! And not every man who goes to a ‘gay’ bar is exclusively gay ffs. Many of even the most visabily queer men are bisexual. Gay bars are a safe space for everyone to be themselves. Be that gay, straight, bi, and trans. And I think some of you blind gay men would be shocked at the ‘het’ sex or flirting that goes on in many of these bars.

Not every queer man hates women, you know. In fact threads like these make some of us want to move more along the Kinsey scale....and stay there.

by Anonymousreply 139March 6, 2019 8:27 PM

Mr. Kinsey called, r139; he wants to know if he can interview your for his next book, Missing the Point.

by Anonymousreply 140March 6, 2019 8:31 PM

Move right along the scale, R139. Have a wonderful Queer Trans Non-Binary Bullshit life with some other loser freak.

You're not gay, so stop preaching to gay men about gay bars. Go open a Queer bar. Have fun.

by Anonymousreply 141March 6, 2019 8:33 PM

We've established many times that the word "queer" is not welcome here.

by Anonymousreply 142March 6, 2019 8:34 PM

The Queers won't give up on trying to 'convert' us though. They might send us to the gulag for re-education.

by Anonymousreply 143March 6, 2019 8:36 PM

The New York Athletic Club used to be a male only bastion. Then the fish filed and lawsuit and ruined the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 144March 6, 2019 8:47 PM

Wasn't there a bar in London, England that lost so many gay patrons because of straight women that they eventually just became a straight bar?

by Anonymousreply 145March 6, 2019 8:49 PM

R140 how have I missed he point? Much of the hatred at women in ‘gay’ bars is plain misogyny. There is also an assumption that they ‘cock block’. Well not every guy who likes going to these bars is only there for dick. Some of us are also attracted to women. How about grow up and not be so childish. No woman can cock block you if he other guy is really into you. Perhaps he just isn’t into you?

Live and let live. Sure some bachelorette party type women and annoying and change the vibe of a place, but that doesn’t excuse the misogyny. And there is no need for this bizarre homo-fascist exclusionary shit. Create a safe safe for all queer people that’s all. And as I said, many DL’s love in a strange bubble. Most people who aren’t straight, aren’t exactly gay. It’s a shade in between, so this ‘men and only men, fuck off fish’ is silly.

by Anonymousreply 146March 6, 2019 8:53 PM

R145, that's what happened to one of the largest gay bars in my city. It now caters almost exclusively to the straights, and the gays have completely ignored it in turn.

by Anonymousreply 147March 6, 2019 8:55 PM

I thought it was leaving.

by Anonymousreply 148March 6, 2019 8:59 PM

The Abbey is a prime example of gay & lesbian bar ruined by straights and even worse now it’s the Lisa Vanderpump vocal fry fans who flock there after going to PUMP.

by Anonymousreply 149March 6, 2019 9:00 PM

The Abbey

by Anonymousreply 150March 6, 2019 9:00 PM

[quote]How about grow up and not be so childish.

You first. Or is it not "QUEER" to do so?

by Anonymousreply 151March 6, 2019 9:02 PM

R149 it’s THE A*b*b*e*y*

by Anonymousreply 152March 6, 2019 9:03 PM

R151 stop getting butt hurt about the word queer. It’s a good term to describe all non straight people, get over it. Plus you are part of a losing battle. It’s the accepted term for anyone under 35.

by Anonymousreply 153March 6, 2019 9:40 PM

Is R153 a sexist idiot, or a faggot?

by Anonymousreply 154March 6, 2019 9:42 PM

[quote] stop getting butt hurt

Homophobe

by Anonymousreply 155March 6, 2019 9:42 PM

R153 - Shut up, queer.

by Anonymousreply 156March 6, 2019 9:43 PM

[quote]It’s the accepted term for anyone under 35.

Really, is that right? Does this include the straight people who go into gay bars to hook up with the opposite sex (because that apparently happens all the time now)? Or people who 'aren't straight' but 'aren't exactly gay'? Fascinating!!

by Anonymousreply 157March 6, 2019 9:47 PM

The REAL question is: do women belong in the Dyatlov Pass?

by Anonymousreply 158March 6, 2019 9:57 PM

One thing I've noticed also is they terrorize yelp and Google reviews. Seriously, check out some of the big ones in NYC & Ptown. Constant 1 star reviews from girls that almost always start off with "I THOUGHT THE GAY COMMUNITY WAS ACCEPTING!" then going off about how they weren't allowed in, kicked out or whatever. Basically, too messy and drunk. I know not all girls behave like this and it's ridiculous to paint them all with one stoke but it definitely is an issue.

by Anonymousreply 159March 6, 2019 10:10 PM

Fine with me. I’ll stop saying men don’t belong in women’s restrooms.

by Anonymousreply 160March 6, 2019 10:48 PM

[quote]A woman in a gay bar is a sex crime.

Isn't it also a microaggression?

by Anonymousreply 161March 6, 2019 11:33 PM

There's plenty of misandrists here too, and it is obvious to me that some of it is SJW twink gay men, manipululated by their ball kicking man hating mothers. There is also plenty of support here for women coming into gay bars that are true allies and not attention seeking febots out for a visit to the zoo.

by Anonymousreply 162March 7, 2019 12:24 AM

Lol the bad ones definitely treat it like a zoo. Some of them are so used to getting attention and drinks from men in straight bars. You can see their annoyance when it's not happening in the gay bar. That's when they get angry and really start demanding attention. I just avoid them all when I'm out at this point.

by Anonymousreply 163March 7, 2019 12:39 AM

There's also a large invasive population of moronic bigots who can be easily detected by their usage of the acronym 'SJW'. When you press them about what it is they dislike so much a civil rights and basic civility eventually the answer is always 'I'll burn this whole country down if you don't let me start saying 'nigger' in public with impunity again.'

by Anonymousreply 164March 7, 2019 12:57 AM

R164, eat a dick you PC CUNt

by Anonymousreply 165March 7, 2019 1:01 AM

Those female idiots who force themselves on groups of friends now get a few seconds of a glare and single word answers to their efforts to intrude. I've been talking with my lady friends and been interrupted by the Frau who wanted to be queen bee and had to tell her that we were in a private conversation. My women friends who come in are ladies, not broads.

by Anonymousreply 166March 7, 2019 1:03 AM

Last thing I want on my gay bar menu is fish taco

by Anonymousreply 167March 7, 2019 1:05 AM

What about cool lesbians coming in? They generally keep to themselves and will certainly not cock block.

by Anonymousreply 168March 7, 2019 1:06 AM

R164 Thank you. You beat me to the punch. It's always easy to spot the snowflakes who choose safe spaces that really don't want them there.

by Anonymousreply 169March 7, 2019 1:06 AM

R168 I've met all sorts of cool lesbians over the years, the Patsy Kelly/Nancy Kulp type who have incredible wit and could do a stand-up routine right on the spot with little effort. When I'm around cool women like that, gay or straight, cock is the last thing on my mind.

by Anonymousreply 170March 7, 2019 1:09 AM

A couple of weeks ago, a bar in the Castro had a “fetish”-themed party - customers in jocks, hot go-go men, fisting videos on the monitors, that sort of thing.

And some millennial idiot was there WITH HIS MOM. I wanted to punch him in the balls.

Oh well, I hope she enjoyed the videos.

Oh, and of course she was far from the only female there. And nothing makes the sexual temperature plummet to absolute zero like a woman entering a men’s party space.

by Anonymousreply 171March 7, 2019 1:12 AM

I don’t go to “bars” any longer. I mainly go to the dance / play parties that are all the rage nowadays in SF. Believe me. Straight women won’t come to an event where the nitty gritty of gay sex is foregrounded.

by Anonymousreply 172March 7, 2019 1:20 AM

R172: I’ve been meaning to check Atlas out. How is it?

by Anonymousreply 173March 7, 2019 1:22 AM

Just read R171. I stand corrected.

by Anonymousreply 174March 7, 2019 1:22 AM

R173 — it’s fun. Helps if you’re stoned. I always find some fuckable guys there even if it’s not a large crowd. I went to Daddy’s Boy Auction. That was amazing. I also go to Renegade which is fun. Went to Alpha last Saturday which was very very fun. Prime should be fun this Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 175March 7, 2019 1:25 AM

Thanks r175. I’m 54 & in reasonable shape, but don’t have the kind of daddy look that the boys who go to Prime are looking for. Might check out one of the other parties though.

by Anonymousreply 176March 7, 2019 2:04 AM

[quote]r172 I've been cockblocked by fag hags on too many occasions. I've been getting cosy with a hot guy and they drag him away with some excuse.

He was probably sending them a "SAVE ME!" signal with his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 177March 7, 2019 3:11 AM

Why is it that morons like r153 and xir other posts, the people who bitch about "bisexual erasure" and "gay men are misogynists!" and "gay men want gay bars to be gay?! That's problematic!" are always the same idiots who call themselves 'queer?' It's like clockwork, someone calls themselves "queer" and nauseating SJW nonsense is never far behind. Or someone spouts nauseating SJW nonsense, you [a gay man] rightfully add your own take on the BS, and the original speaker shuts you down because low and behold, that speaker is "queer!" or "LGBTQ!"

And by the way, Nancy, I'm 30 and detest the offensive slur "queer" so no, under 35's are not "tOtAlLy qUeEr!" Virtually all the gay men and women I know think "queer" isn't a word we want labeling us, especially by "allies." But then again, I live in Flyoverstan and not Oberlin college or Goldsmiths, so I'm not, what's the word for it... "totally fucking crazy."

Also, since the DL pearl clutchers are permanently clenched: No I don't support Trump, Yes I voted for Hills, No I'm not alt-right, and Yes go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 178March 7, 2019 5:16 AM

[quote]It's like clockwork, someone calls themselves "queer" and nauseating SJW nonsense is never far behind.

It's because the two go hand in hand.

There's a reason I steer clear of anyone who identifies as "Queer" on a hookup app. Sorry, not interested. I'll stick with the G-A-Y men, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 179March 7, 2019 6:07 AM

Ancient drunk old faghags like this are OK in fruit bars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 7, 2019 9:02 AM

R168, gay guy here, I've never had any problems with lesbians hanging out at gay bars.

by Anonymousreply 181March 7, 2019 9:25 AM

Rose Dommu, the author of the piece linked in OP’s post:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182March 7, 2019 12:09 PM

R178

*applause*

by Anonymousreply 183March 7, 2019 12:16 PM

Don't gay bars still use the "No Open-Toe Shoes Policy" to block the bitches at the door?

by Anonymousreply 184March 7, 2019 6:03 PM

What is this thing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185March 7, 2019 6:10 PM

So the author of this piece is a gay man who identifies as a woman, still wants to go to gay bars but be recognised as a woman who goes to gay bars.

Is that correct?

Being yelled at for being a frau in a gay bar is probably hugely validating.

by Anonymousreply 186March 7, 2019 6:14 PM

No Caption Necessary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187March 7, 2019 6:18 PM

R185 "It's my little girl, all grown up!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188March 7, 2019 6:21 PM

It really killed the buzz at The Eagle in NYC when a group of a dozen or so fraus came in one night. I mean, it's the fucking Eagle. It's basically a bath house. Why the fuck would they want to come there? And it was a pretty hard core night (Thurs night). Please just leave.

by Anonymousreply 189March 7, 2019 7:08 PM

[quote]What is this thing?

Why that’s a...well, it’s a.... OH! I know, it’s....

Ya know what? I don’t know.

by Anonymousreply 190March 7, 2019 8:26 PM

I also blame Drag Race for making this phenomenon fucking explode. In Chicago all the big bars fall over themselves for drag race parties and headliner acts and then they’re filled with a bunch of freaking Fat chicks.

Now every bar has to be a DRAG BAR and it’s so exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 191March 7, 2019 10:51 PM

So many examples of straight white women being obnoxious as fuck at gay bars...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192March 8, 2019 1:41 AM

^ the screeching banshee that Trixie Mattel wanted to murder and the drunk AF chick that passed out and shat herself during Raven's show were the best (worst?) parts.

by Anonymousreply 193March 8, 2019 1:47 AM

When Jesus turned water into wine, it was the frau's who ended up a crying mess and under the table.

by Anonymousreply 194March 8, 2019 2:07 AM

Personally I have always believed that women who go to gay bars, secretly want to hook up with some man. I dont think we should only blame to them but also their gay (male) friends who bring them.

by Anonymousreply 195March 8, 2019 2:10 AM

As long as the reverse is true, there won’t be a problem…but it isn’t, is it?

by Anonymousreply 196March 8, 2019 2:14 AM

She is a dainty, delicate, flower, that ‘rose’ is, isn’t she?

by Anonymousreply 197March 8, 2019 2:35 AM

Be careful, ladies: if you treat men at a gay bar like a touist attraction, you might get a little DNA added to your cocktail as a souvenier.

by Anonymousreply 198March 8, 2019 2:42 AM

Tom's advice also applies to the Hershey Highway!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199March 8, 2019 9:11 AM

I've considered sobriety several times over the years, but one of the reasons I continue to go to bars is to fight to keep gay bars from turning into frau fraternities.

by Anonymousreply 200March 8, 2019 1:26 PM

R182, talk about dead eyes. She gives me an autistic vibe too.

by Anonymousreply 201March 8, 2019 4:01 PM

R200, you keep doing your part. We support you.

by Anonymousreply 202March 8, 2019 4:21 PM

R202 Thanks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203March 8, 2019 4:23 PM

R200 You get bonus points for coining “frauternity.” I think this word is destined to become part of essential DL jargon.

by Anonymousreply 204March 8, 2019 4:33 PM

R204 (Danny Thomas Spit Take Here)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205March 8, 2019 4:37 PM

r182, r185 You cannot make this stuff up. If someone tried to sell me a story where r182 wrote this article, I'd accuse them of being a unsubtle, contriving hack. As always, reality proves the truly most creative writer of us all.

by Anonymousreply 206March 9, 2019 3:11 AM

To the female tourists walking through Times Square whom I overheard complaining that there were too many gay men in New York City, I hope you overheard me proclaim, "It's because we want no part of frau's like you". They were too stupid to understand that we're born this way, and they looked like the type of clueless cunts who go into gay clubs and ogle the men and objectify them. Toxic feminism is much worse than toxic masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 207March 9, 2019 6:00 PM

Ladies, the gay world is not your personal Safe Space.

by Anonymousreply 208March 9, 2019 6:09 PM

Why ARE women fascinated with gay men? It seems that you Frauen are simply not content with your “straight female” identities,” but please - stop appropriating our culture, K? Thx.

by Anonymousreply 209March 9, 2019 7:22 PM

Yeah, viewing us in our social life is not your fucking day at the zoo! We are barking back like angry sea lions, and throwing fish our way will only cause us to bark louder and lift our flippers and release tons of Arctic freeze on you. We may be "the cool ones", but remember what Julia Sugarbaker said, "Sometimes we just want to be by ourselves!"

by Anonymousreply 210March 10, 2019 1:01 PM

Thank you to my friend last night who shushed a screecher female trying to take over his song at a piano bar, and when she said nobody shushes me, I took the opportunity to say, straight-faced, looking directly at her, "He just did". She immediately just sent her away with her cunt between her legs. These fraus that come into the gay bars are cowards, and only need to be stood up to and put in their place. I don't want you to make me a sandwich. I just want you to go away.

by Anonymousreply 211March 10, 2019 1:34 PM

"She immediately just sent her away with her cunt between her legs."

Should have been "Just went away".. Damn voice recognition, and damn the bad eyes for not noticing the mistake.

by Anonymousreply 212March 10, 2019 1:39 PM

[quote]the popularity of that stupid Carrie Bradshaw show has given straight females the psychological misunderstanding that they will be the belle of the ball in gay bars.

This. Every time Carri went into a gay bar she was practically worshipped as some goddess. Presented as the epitome of beauty, fashion and wit.

by Anonymousreply 213March 10, 2019 2:01 PM

R213 That dog has had its day. I see more gay men standing up and saying you will not be worshiped here to those hen parties. The obnoxious article from 2017 did more damage than these snatch taco's will ever know. Be a lady, and you might get respect. But the trash that comes in with the salmon swishig between their legs will just fillied, and not in the way that is edible. We will shoot these herring cunts out of a cannon, and into a tree.

by Anonymousreply 214March 10, 2019 2:58 PM

To the annoying bitch who squawked the moment she stumbled into a piano bar on Saturday night and literally tried to spread all of her belongings onto the piano so she could make a show of tipping the piano player, you are the type of frau we do not need or want in gay bars. You are an embarrassment to women, let alone the hypocrisy you bring in by claiming to "love your gays".

You are the type of person who will be kicked out, ignored, not allowed to hop up on the piano like Michelle P-Feiffer, then write a bad review on Yelp the minute you stagger home of how misogynistic gay bars are in spite of how misandrist you are. In spite of how wonderful and supportive some women are, there are many the gay male community does not want to see darken the door of their hang-out.

To the female who had to flash her sagging tits at the same piano bar a few weeks ago then got upset when people just turned away, it's not just your tits we don't want to see. It's the entitlement which makes you ruin the evening of people who are just trying to relax and have fun. When the fraus visit a gay male space, it isn't about them, not under any circumstance.

by Anonymousreply 215April 15, 2019 6:03 PM

I'd like to speak to the manager please.

by Anonymousreply 216April 15, 2019 7:03 PM

Wait. Piano bars?? Not here in L.A., not in Palm Springs anymore, WHERE??

I love a good piano bar.

by Anonymousreply 217April 15, 2019 9:00 PM

Dear straight women, stop coming into gay bars expecting that we change our behavior to make you more comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 218April 15, 2019 9:06 PM

I mean what do you expect? They're used to men buying them drinks and trying to get their attention. Then they go into a gay bar and it's not happening. So they have to turn up their antics. Of course this is not every girl but we know this shit happens.

by Anonymousreply 219April 15, 2019 10:05 PM

Spit in them....hawk loogies at the fraus

by Anonymousreply 220April 15, 2019 10:47 PM

Why not just piss on their shoes?

by Anonymousreply 221April 15, 2019 11:16 PM

Thank you for posting that R11. That makes you a sexual assault survivor.

by Anonymousreply 222April 15, 2019 11:25 PM

Test.

by Anonymousreply 223April 15, 2019 11:25 PM

R11 story makes him a fucking pussy r222

by Anonymousreply 224April 15, 2019 11:45 PM

When 3/4 of the yelp reviewers of a gay bar are WOMEN you know that's a gay bar to STAY AWAY from.

by Anonymousreply 225April 15, 2019 11:50 PM

Straight women in gay places do not offer anything to gay men

They just take and take

Fuck those cunts

by Anonymousreply 226April 15, 2019 11:54 PM

Lol I've noticed that r225. Almost always 1 star reviews how they thought the gay community was "accepting". The best is when a group of them each write a 1 star review from the night. The main one complains then a few more write one also describing the same story. They'd never attack hot straight men the way tbey attack gay man who reject their antics.

by Anonymousreply 227April 16, 2019 12:43 AM

R227, I think's it's rather common knowledge these days that there are entitled straight women doing that as revenge for not being treated like entitled primadonna princesses, and being called out for just being basic obnoxious sloppy as stupid bitches. By the way, what gay guy goes on Yelp looking for reviews of gay bars anyway?

by Anonymousreply 228April 16, 2019 12:53 AM

"Cheers Bitches!", dear straight white women who pull this shit shit at gay bars, I will gladly physically throw you out and ruin your evening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229April 16, 2019 12:57 AM

Women don’t belong in gay bars. Period.

by Anonymousreply 230April 16, 2019 1:00 AM

Agreed r230

by Anonymousreply 231April 16, 2019 1:04 AM

Stick to bath houses. The frauen haven't figured a way to get in them yet.

by Anonymousreply 232April 16, 2019 1:06 AM

R228 I love reading bad reviews on yelp for entertainment when I go to bed lol

by Anonymousreply 233April 16, 2019 1:12 AM

I have a memory of one of the big, popular gay bars in NYC not allowing women after a certain time unless they were accompanied by a (presumably) gay man. I want to say it was Splash? Does that sound right or familiar to anyone?

Anyway, I’d be happy with any gay bar employing this policy. But now with all the “fluidity”, and “self identification”, and of course the trannies, I’d wager it would be impossible.

by Anonymousreply 234April 16, 2019 1:25 AM

The no open-toed shoes kept most of them out in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 235April 16, 2019 1:58 AM

I once sat across the bar from a woman who was not getting the " attention " she was apparently used to in straight bars. I watched her become more and more angry until she was bitterly yelling at strangers. If anyone thinks that straight women are not entitled bitches who believe that simply having a twat is some guarantee of fawning attention is fooling themselves.

by Anonymousreply 236April 16, 2019 2:03 AM

[quote][R11] story makes him a fucking pussy [R222]

No it makes him what women always complain about being

by Anonymousreply 237April 16, 2019 3:43 AM

One gay establishment where I've never seen a woman, not even watching the drag shows on the first floor, is Secrets in DC.

by Anonymousreply 238April 16, 2019 3:48 AM

When a man gropes a woman it's attempted rape. When a woman gripes a man it's just a bit of fun and you should laugh it off. Hypocrisy??

by Anonymousreply 239April 16, 2019 4:47 AM

No. They can stay away. Also, men needs to stop dressing like women and harassing our lesbian sisters in their bars.

by Anonymousreply 240April 16, 2019 5:33 AM

There are still lesbian bars?

by Anonymousreply 241April 16, 2019 6:08 AM

In our day the fish and the sister were enemies. Many things were better then!

by Anonymousreply 242April 16, 2019 12:10 PM

It's the straight men in gay bars that are the real threat. I've noticed in London lots of straight couples going to gay bars now. This is bad because eventually they take over and gay men change their behaviour around them. This defeats the purpose of a gay bar in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 243April 16, 2019 12:17 PM

R228 I'm sure when gay tourists visit certain cities for the very first time, they look at Yelp reviews. There used to be gay guides for particular big cities. I referred to both Spartacus and the book devoted to NYC the first time I went. After a certain club in New York got some bad publicity, I noticed a string of nasty reviews on Yelp and wrote one to help build it back up from that bad publicity because management all of a sudden changed. The bar had maybe one slow weekend after that, but word got around that it was still a fun place to go, that is except when the cows come home.

And by the cows, I'm referring to the fraus, not what happens when Judy Garland decides to go on singing.

by Anonymousreply 244April 16, 2019 12:48 PM

They need to make all gay bars private clubs.

by Anonymousreply 245April 16, 2019 12:58 PM

r232

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246April 16, 2019 2:29 PM

R242 what happened to your site MPC? Did the fish and the stinky hole patrol sink it? Don't blame them because Nazi scum like you destroyed it.

by Anonymousreply 247April 16, 2019 2:34 PM

"Discriminated because of my genitals", or "lack of them". If it's a gay sauna, the customers don't want to see twat.

by Anonymousreply 248April 16, 2019 2:42 PM

[quote]If it's a gay sauna, the customers don't want to see twat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249April 16, 2019 3:15 PM

R248 correction mangled fake twat.

by Anonymousreply 250April 16, 2019 3:18 PM

Does this mean gay men can now go to female only spaces? I'm sure they wouldn't mind......much. Anyway we only have ourselves to blame we let them in by dragging them to gay bars. Now they feel entitled to bring their friends too.....and boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 251April 16, 2019 3:22 PM

Remember, we invited them (most likely) because we had no one else to bring. So, the whole situation is a mess lol.

by Anonymousreply 252April 16, 2019 3:37 PM

[quote]Does this mean gay men can now go to female only spaces?

What about straight men? If their argument is they’re being discriminated against based on genitals, aren’t straight guys too, if you don’t permit them in women’s areas?

by Anonymousreply 253April 16, 2019 3:45 PM

The thing is that most gay men don't want to go to female spaces, unless they are so insecure that they can't be anywhere that isn't dominated by the frau's. When I go to the theater, it is usually the women who are acting up, having their phone on or talking after the show has started. It's usually the vocal fry twit-wit females under the age of 45 who have the class of a sow in heat. Those are the ones who "adopted" the shy young gay boys, simply so they could have someone to "smother", and as a result, those young gay men never mature past their age of arrested development.

by Anonymousreply 254April 16, 2019 3:53 PM

Wut ^

Fat frau alert at R254

by Anonymousreply 255April 16, 2019 4:20 PM

I don't get the animus here? Straight women go to gay bars for the same reason they go to gay AA meetings. For a safe space.

by Anonymousreply 256April 16, 2019 4:24 PM

[QUOTE] unless they are so insecure that they can't be anywhere that isn't dominated by the frau's.

No such type of gay man exists. Next!

by Anonymousreply 257April 16, 2019 4:25 PM

R256 Then they should create their own safe spaces, not invade those where the customers do not want them there.

by Anonymousreply 258April 16, 2019 4:27 PM

Well it's the gay bars fault for letting this go on so long. Even back in the 70s you'd go in a leather bar and there were be bachlorette parties in there.

by Anonymousreply 259April 16, 2019 4:31 PM

This is the “woman” that wrote this article. Don’t fall for this divisive trans nonsense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260April 16, 2019 4:34 PM

Let's just call it what it is. The GAY community has always been way too nice. We've opened up our doors to almost every one. We felt the need to show people that we aren't the enemy. Now, these other groups feel way too entitled and comfortable in OUR safe areas. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 261April 16, 2019 4:35 PM

Bars are forced to let them in out of fear of bad publicity through social media attacks and even legal ramifications. Customers are not forced to accept them. I've seen the stank eye they get when they come in and how they are quickly given the cold shoulder and made to feel unwelcome. The minute you hear that yowling screech at the entrance, you know your evening is about to be shattered (as well as your ears), and the only way for them to be forced to leave is for the customers to band together and not let them force themselves through to get to the bar in front of others who were already waiting, for them to be blocked by those already on the dance floor by taking over their space, and for them not to be allowed to barge their way to the front of a stage, band, piano or any type of entertainment going on. I've talk to bartenders, managers and busboys, and they hate them as much as the customers. Ladies are fine, but the hen parties need to be made into soup.

by Anonymousreply 262April 16, 2019 4:39 PM

[quote]I don't get the animus here? Straight women go to gay bars for the same reason they go to gay AA meetings. For a safe space.

Great - another good reason to avoid AA.

by Anonymousreply 263April 16, 2019 4:48 PM

So where are straight women supposed to go for a drink with their gay friends? I'm almost 50 and have been drinking in gay bars since I was 16. My gay friends are of the generation that are not comfortable in straight bars. And r238 there are most definitely women in Secrets. Or at least there was the one time I was there a few years ago. Not only women, but a couple of bachelorette parties.

by Anonymousreply 264April 16, 2019 5:06 PM

R264 I don't think anybody is referring to you or any woman (straight or gay) who goes to a gay man's bar with their gay male friends. The controversy is over hen parties and the type of females who act up when they invade gay male space with the intention of taking over. There are many decent women who relate more to gay men than to other straight women and they are not there to patronize or fetish us. They are there because they are one of us.

If you view the type of female which is described here in great detail, you will see (hopefully) that this does not reflect your personality and accept how gay men feel when the type of female who invades gay male spaces goes to far in their efforts to get attention or try to take over. If you go in and are just there to have fun and not impede on anybody else's fun or screech and holler like the described females talked about here do, then you may end up making new friends in additions to the ones you have. I have several "lady" friends who come in, enjoy the atmosphere, don't act all entitled, and know when to leave their male friends alone and not try to interfere with potential dates they may end up with. The reason this thread exists is because of the negative original article and why many gay men are bashing it and the types of women who can turn a night at the gay bar into a night of horror.

If you go into a gay bar like Maude did (to show the bigoted Dr. Arthur Harmon that he was overreacting), then you are cool. Just make sure to try the scrumptious yummies! Just remember, that Dr. Arthur Harmon was also a charter member of "Fathers Against Gays" (F.A.G.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265April 16, 2019 5:16 PM

Would it help to pay a few very horny, unattractive, agressive, poor str8 guys to hit on the stinkfish? Surely that would cause them to leave

by Anonymousreply 266April 16, 2019 5:20 PM

r265 Thanks for that. Should've paid more attention to the thread. And to the person who mentioned women at the Eagle, I might be "one of the boys", but I lasted 5 minutes in there. It was after a particularly boozy brunch, so I forgave the boys, but yeah when we get to that part of the day's agenda, I'm off to find my own fun elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 267April 16, 2019 5:39 PM

R267 You are welcome. I could tell you'd be understanding. Certainly, there are some misogynistic posts here, but there have also been some nasty misandrist ones as well, and neither misogyny or misandry are acceptable. It is unfortunate that the gay community has had to build some psychological barriers, but I can't count how many times some drunken female has touched me in certain places against my will (not that I'd ever give my will), slapped me upside the head for ignoring them or let them cut in front of me, screeched in my ear, drunkenly begged me to be their "gay" (really offensive, but more in the sense that it makes them look like an idiot), and just treated the male customers as if they were in a petting zoo.

A lot of us prefer the days before we became "main stream" and were more "fringe". I can be friends with anybody as long as they are respectful, not overly familiar upon the first meeting, but after over a decade of witnessing what I consider tacky behavior by loud groups of women, I can understand the need to speak out against it. I would feel the same if any gay man tried to treat me inappropriately against my will, especially after I'd politely asked them to stop. I deal with that every time I go out because class is something that is embedded in you, and excessive alcohol for some closes up their inhibitions and makes them become who they really are deep inside.

by Anonymousreply 268April 16, 2019 5:51 PM

Martha Raye and her girlfriend were sometimes seen at The Eagle in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 269April 16, 2019 6:03 PM

r268 I'm so sorry this shit has happened to you and my apologies on behalf of all women. Of all people, women should know better than to encroach on other people's personal space or treat them like accessories. Most women have been on the receiving end of this and they know how shitty it feels.

And I understand missing the less mainstream days. I sometimes get annoyed at younger gay men being so hetero-conforming and dare I say it boring. But then I remind myself that having choices is what you guys fought so hard for for so many years.

Anyway, I'm gonna leave you guys to the bitching (justified) about the screeching girls and get back to the politics threads.

by Anonymousreply 270April 16, 2019 6:03 PM

R269 I saw "Colonel Maggie" in the Eagle, all in leather, including the cap. What a site that was to behold!

I also remember walking down Santa Monica Blvd. one Saturday evening with some friends and a fascinating old car went by with Ann Miller sitting in the passenger seat with the window rolled down. Some queen screamed, "Annie, we love you!" Her face lit up and she smiled with those big shiny white teeth, as happy as a drag queen being praised for her new knock-off beaded gown from Lohman's that look like it came from Macy's.

by Anonymousreply 271April 16, 2019 6:56 PM

Maggie also liked to feature herself in Probe, so we heard from our best friend who also frequented Probe. We had no time for such foolishness since we were 'working' 24/7/365 during those years!

by Anonymousreply 272April 16, 2019 8:10 PM

[quote] Just remember, that Dr. Arthur Harmon was also a charter member of "Fathers Against Gays" (F.A.G.)

r265 This is the acronym group we need:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273April 16, 2019 8:25 PM

R256. Yet another clueless Fraucow. Gay men are *not* your safe space. We are not responsible for providing you a safe place to get drunk, act like asssholes, cop a grope or WOO WOO.

Go to a straight bar where you belong. Grow up, deal with your own shit, princess.

by Anonymousreply 274April 16, 2019 11:44 PM

Can't they go to dyke bars,? Nobody will knock them up there

by Anonymousreply 275April 17, 2019 11:19 AM

R274, there’s an open bar stool next to me. C’mon over.

by Anonymousreply 276April 17, 2019 12:16 PM

I'm hoping that whoever took that picture of those ugly females braying in the opening photo in this thread told them afterwards, "Oh by the way, your photo is going into an article about why gay men don't want obnoxious females in their gay bars."

by Anonymousreply 277April 17, 2019 12:20 PM

The only thing to do is for large groups of gay men to take over straight bars and be ourselves in their. If they want mixed they can get it. What could go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 278April 17, 2019 12:30 PM

Well, grammar for one thing.

by Anonymousreply 279April 17, 2019 12:38 PM

R278 I've actually never had issues with straight GUYS in gay bars, only straight FEMALES. That being said, the management of gay bars needs to step up, survey their regular customers, and get ideas of how to tone back the obnoxious behavior of these invaders from the planet of the Twit-Wits. But I can certainly offer advice to those wondering how to deal with them. The simple answer is DON'T, unless you are 100% certain that they are not a frau or unwanted invader. I document my experience in R268, and I should add that I've also made the mistake of engaging a visitor who seemed cool but then all of a sudden had to get rid of because they demanded that I buy them a drink, and began to get belligerent when I declined, saying that they had already drank WAY too much. Fortunately, security witnessed their behavior, and knowing me as a regular, "escorted" this young drunkard off the premise.

I have to work on myself every day even in my regular business dealings to keep myself from becoming misogynistic because of what I witness and what I read in the news. When I go out for a relaxing evening with friends, the last thing I want is my hang-out to become the stomping ground of obnoxious females who think that they are being oh so cool but then show who they really are when out socially. I avoid men who are this way socially, and certainly when the packs come in of these "woo" girls, it becomes all the more difficult to get away from them. I refuse to give up my social life and find another space because of these situations. R270 felt the need to apologize for the behavior of women, but she didn't need to take that step, as SHE is NOT the problem. The reason this situation needs to be constantly re-addressed is that the situation hasn't changed except in the sense that in my experience when it does happen, it is getting worse. R215 expresses how awful these experiences can be for the crowd of regulars when just one frau tries to make the night "all about her".

by Anonymousreply 280April 17, 2019 12:47 PM

Someone has to. It's very insensitive to invade a space wherein their presence alters the ambiance significantly.

by Anonymousreply 281April 17, 2019 1:21 PM

This is why gays should be exempt from accusations of “cultural appropriation”: we’ve had it done to us on a grand scale along with our men being appropriated from us by these same bitches.

by Anonymousreply 282April 17, 2019 1:44 PM

I love you ladies but I wouldn't barge in on your Tupperware parties. No. Wait. I have.

by Anonymousreply 283April 17, 2019 1:57 PM

This is the result of modern sisters being 'fish -friendly' In our day fish and sisters were mortal enemies and this is how it should be.

by Anonymousreply 284April 17, 2019 2:11 PM

We’re not misogynists, R284, we just have no sexual interest in women and are tired of having our spaces, culture, and identity colonized by oppressor class trash.

by Anonymousreply 285April 17, 2019 2:20 PM

We’re not misogynists, R284, we just have no sexual interest in women and are tired of having our spaces, culture, and identity colonized by heteroimperialist oppressor class trash.

by Anonymousreply 286April 17, 2019 2:21 PM

Erma has correctly stated the cause. Deal with it

by Anonymousreply 287April 17, 2019 2:28 PM

We get our hair cut by a fabulous cuban sister here in barcelona. She also hates fish and clearly states in a sign ("homs")outside her shop that fish are NOT welcome. If we were a bar manager we would guarantee that there would be NO fish present ever. Trust us on that one.

by Anonymousreply 288April 17, 2019 3:26 PM

Don't they have lesbian bars to go to? Or are they all gone.

by Anonymousreply 289April 18, 2019 3:19 PM

R289 A lot of lesbian bars have closed. The lesbians who come to the gay cabaret I hang out at are cool, especially the young butch ones. But when they would have lesbian nights, the bridge & tunnel crowd would come into Manhattan and basically wrecked the place. The cool lesbians who came in on other nights refused to go to these events because they agreed that this event only attracted the low class and no class.

by Anonymousreply 290April 18, 2019 4:35 PM

Maybe having some horny fugly str8 guys in the bar to grope the stinkers would cause them to exit quickly.

by Anonymousreply 291April 18, 2019 4:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!