Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeopardy! – Part 15

AKA the continuation of the Tournament of Fuckery...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602April 10, 2019 9:00 PM

Ken Jennings is going to blow this competition out of the water.

by Anonymousreply 1February 26, 2019 10:03 AM

I find the tournament to be tedious.

by Anonymousreply 2February 26, 2019 10:40 AM

Austin is not in the same class as the other captains, certainly not the equal of Jennings.

by Anonymousreply 3February 26, 2019 12:17 PM

This tournament is annoying and confusing. Will it ever end?

by Anonymousreply 4February 26, 2019 12:46 PM

Is the Asian lady with the tinted hair someone they dragged out from a decade ago like Larissa? That afro kid is someone I don't recall either, but then again I don't care for the kids' shows where he was featured.

by Anonymousreply 5February 26, 2019 2:00 PM

Yesterday there was exactly 10 minutes of questions and 20 minutes of filler/commercials. Not watching again until this long boring infomercial is over.

by Anonymousreply 6February 26, 2019 2:03 PM

I used to like it, but now I'm converting.

by Anonymousreply 7February 26, 2019 2:04 PM

Now I fully understand why TOC had to be in this format, after watching yesterday's show.

If you're going to bring back all of the winners from way back (not just the winners from the past year), then there's no point to having the tournament. I think it was abundantly clear to the Jeopardy! producers, that Ken Jennings would have mopped the floor with all of the other winners. The guy would have been unbeatable.

The way that this tournament was set up, it makes for some suspense. It would have been totally boring to see Ken dominate over everyone else. With the team setup, other people have a chance to shine (and to win), too. It makes perfect sense.

Also, I don't mind the15 minutes of team selection and intros. It re-introduces players that some Jeopardy! watchers have never seen or known before, so it's totally appropriate. And I also like to see the thought process behind the team captains' selections. This is how it works in any sort of competitive "sports," so Jeopardy! is just following that format.

I have come to see from this Jeopardy! tournament that the people who watch this show DO NOT like change. Don't fuck with their show, or there WILL be blood!

I can't even imagine the bitching and moaning that will happen when Alex is replaced. The new host had better "gird their loins" for the inevitable backlash.

by Anonymousreply 8February 26, 2019 3:41 PM

It was kind of nice to see Austin brought down a few pegs.

He's kind of a braggart and a showoff, so watching Ken dominate over him was hilarious.

I also think that it was a dumb strategy to make himself go up against Ken. Austin is obviously one of the smarter players, so he should have sent up a weak player against Ken. Then Austin could have had a much better chance of winning against one of Ken's weaker team mates.

However, I think that Austin's hubris made him think that he wanted to prove that he could go toe-to-toe with the "great" Ken Jennings.

Well, Austin. It's obvious that you could not.

by Anonymousreply 9February 26, 2019 3:46 PM

What happened on yesterday's episode?

I missed it.

by Anonymousreply 10February 26, 2019 7:56 PM

Ken Jennings won.

by Anonymousreply 11February 26, 2019 9:25 PM

[quote]Also, I don't mind the15 minutes of team selection and intros. It re-introduces players that some Jeopardy! watchers have never seen or known before, so it's totally appropriate. And I also like to see the thought process behind the team captains' selections. This is how it works in any sort of competitive "sports," so Jeopardy! is just following that format.

Completely disagree. I tune in to see the GAME, not extraneous bullshit. When I watch an NFL game, I couldn’t care less about the coaches’ strategies or the reasoning behind plays, because I watch for the game.

[quote]I have come to see from this Jeopardy! tournament that the people who watch this show DO NOT like change. Don't fuck with their show, or there WILL be blood!

It’s not a matter of change, it’s that half the show isn’t the game we tuned in to watch. If they extended these shows to an hour so they got past the jeopardy round in one show, I know I wouldn’t mind as much.

by Anonymousreply 12February 26, 2019 10:12 PM

He's quirky, intrusive, and projects little in the way of warmth but I can't help it, I like crazy Matt.

by Anonymousreply 13February 26, 2019 11:53 PM

Tonight's show reminded me why I have loathed Matt so much - he's just awful!

by Anonymousreply 14February 27, 2019 3:36 AM

Alex acts as if these players discovered the cure for cancer and then walked on the moon. It’s all just ridiculous and insufferable. It’s a fucking game show, not heart surgery.

The strategy session clips aren’t long enough to be worth anything, not that I’d want to see even more of that mess.

Biggest laugh: Alex talking up Cellular One for the big purses — as if Jeopardy couldn’t afford those amounts without a sponsor. The show is a cash cow that gives away very little money every day.

by Anonymousreply 15February 27, 2019 5:31 AM

[R8], As a Jeopardy! fan since I was a young child, I agree with your assessment and would like to add that this is not a TOC, but an "All-Star Tournament," which *should* have a different format. I think they've done a good job with adapting it to the teams/player rotations/brackets concept, and I am reminded that I need to check the web site for my fantasy league standings!

[quote]Completely disagree. I tune in to see the GAME, not extraneous bullshit. When I watch an NFL game, I couldn’t care less about the coaches’ strategies or the reasoning behind plays, because I watch for the game.

[R12], The NFL has its Pro Bowl, the NBA and MLB have their all-star games, and all are played differently from regular games and include "extraneous bullshit" of team selection, player profiles, and lots of commercials. Also, the foundation of any game, even solitaire, is the strategy, which makes it difficult to understand "I watch for the game" when that *is* the game.

by Anonymousreply 16February 27, 2019 5:48 AM

R16, you sound as pompous as this fucking tournament.

by Anonymousreply 17February 27, 2019 7:15 AM

[quote]The NFL has its Pro Bowl, the NBA and MLB have their all-star games, and all are played differently from regular games and include "extraneous bullshit" of team selection, player profiles, and lots of commercials. Also, the foundation of any game, even solitaire, is the strategy, which makes it difficult to understand "I watch for the game" when that *is* the game.

I agree; but at its heart the game is played the same way. In fact, the amount of time allotted for the game is usually more for the extraneous bullshit like you mentioned. This debacle is in the same timeframe and only half the game is getting played.

by Anonymousreply 18February 27, 2019 3:59 PM

Who is playing tonight?

by Anonymousreply 19February 27, 2019 4:04 PM

Ben Ingram still hasn't married his gf yet? Is Seth a real clergyman, or just one of those mail-order wedding officiants?

Their big mistake, which Alex even kind of alluded to, is splitting up a single game over two days to fit in the "strategy session" clips and such.

by Anonymousreply 20February 27, 2019 4:51 PM

[quote] Tonight's show reminded me why I have loathed Matt so much - he's just awful!

Omg, I have never seen this guy in play before. He behaves like a total psychopath! However, I understand now why Ken chose him. He's like a fucking robot Terminator. All machine, all business.

He may have dominated the game, but he seems like a horrible person to be around.

Also, the asian lady was extremely annoying during the strategy session. Both Ken and Matt looked like they wanted to tell her to STFU.

by Anonymousreply 21February 27, 2019 11:13 PM

Titty-an? That’s how Titian is pronounced?

by Anonymousreply 22February 27, 2019 11:47 PM

TISH-in, no?

by Anonymousreply 23February 27, 2019 11:51 PM

It annoys that Jeopardy couldn't at least have updated their website with photo arrays of the various teams and weekday updates on whose going to play when. All of this uncertainty creates a sense of tedium.

by Anonymousreply 24February 27, 2019 11:57 PM

[QUOTE] All of this uncertainty creates a sense of tedium.

The whole concept execution is tedious!

by Anonymousreply 25February 27, 2019 11:58 PM

I think you guys just need to stop complaining and enjoy the rest of the tournament.

It's over next week, anyway. Something like four more days to go.

by Anonymousreply 26February 28, 2019 12:00 AM

[quote]And I also like to see the thought process behind the team captains' selections. This is how it works in any sort of competitive "sports," so Jeopardy! is just following that format.

It reminds me of reality show "talk to the camera" bullshit, which is a huge reason reality TV is so unbearable. I don't want to watch The Real Contestants of Jeopardy. Fuck you and fuck sports and most of all, fuck reality TV.

by Anonymousreply 27February 28, 2019 12:02 AM

I hate Matt and yet I find him oddly sexy.

Seeing Ken decimate Austin was somehow satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 28February 28, 2019 12:03 AM

r22 r23 TISH-in, yes. Or even TEE-shin.

by Anonymousreply 29February 28, 2019 12:05 AM

Ken has an huge advantage based on his past performance, so his team has a automatic advantage right there, then he lucked out in getting Matt. They should have handicapped or seeded the players somehow, so there’d be more equality between teams.

by Anonymousreply 30February 28, 2019 12:10 AM

Jesus, these people are bigger fame whores than the real housewives. I've never seen so much mugging for the camera since Angela Lansbury left Cabot Cove.

by Anonymousreply 31February 28, 2019 12:25 AM

[quote]Titty-an? That’s how Titian is pronounced?

I can't be the only one who remembers Dan Aykroyd's "Art Classics with E. Buzz Miller" sketch where Buzz gets all excited about "this artist, I swear ta God, his name is Titty-an!"

I would have that would be enough to kill that particular mispronunciation dead.

by Anonymousreply 32February 28, 2019 12:51 AM

I would have THOUGHT, oops.

by Anonymousreply 33February 28, 2019 12:52 AM

It's all incredibly tedious. And gives Alex T more screen time to revel in his own "Is this thing on?" witticisms.

by Anonymousreply 34February 28, 2019 1:19 AM

Ken is on fire, but didn't Brad defeat him in a one-on-one tournament before?

by Anonymousreply 35February 28, 2019 1:21 AM

Brad has wiped the floor with Ken twice, starting with the Ultimate Tournament of Champions.

by Anonymousreply 36February 28, 2019 1:22 AM

I hope that you all are starting to see why this had to be a team effort.

Ken would have just humiliated everyone. He's so hot!

by Anonymousreply 37February 28, 2019 1:51 AM

I like Ken and his play is most impressive. Since the last time I saw him he seems to have acquired.......his grandmother's face.

by Anonymousreply 38February 28, 2019 2:13 AM

Where is Arthur Chu?

by Anonymousreply 39February 28, 2019 2:46 AM

Probably wasn't invited

by Anonymousreply 40February 28, 2019 2:49 AM

[quote] Where is Arthur Chu?

He's busy, taking the walk of shame.

by Anonymousreply 41February 28, 2019 2:49 AM

What do you think the significance of Matt's wager of $538 was? Seems like it was more than coincidence that it's also the number of delegates in the electoral college. Also, his mom is Amy Berman-Jackson, the presiding judge in the Roger Stone case.

by Anonymousreply 42February 28, 2019 2:50 AM

Oooh, that's interesting R42.

Matt really is a weird one. You never know what he's thinking.

by Anonymousreply 43February 28, 2019 2:52 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn Matt is a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 44February 28, 2019 2:57 AM

One thing I don't understand is why the others don't seem to have the buzzer skills that Ken does? I mean they have been around for many, many games themselves.

I was actually shocked that I knew that Canada Day is July 1st and none of them did???

by Anonymousreply 45February 28, 2019 2:59 AM

What's the over/under on the number of bodies in Matt's basement?

by Anonymousreply 46February 28, 2019 5:15 AM

I stil mis Bif.

by Anonymousreply 47February 28, 2019 6:21 AM

Ken, Brad, Austin and Buzzy all annoy the hell out of me. I don't mind the others

by Anonymousreply 48February 28, 2019 8:49 AM

I don't find Ken as bad as the other three, but Brad and Buzzy and Austin all seem like self-adoring jerks who aren't anywhere near as charming as they imagine.

by Anonymousreply 49February 28, 2019 12:10 PM

[quote]Matt really is a weird one. You never know what he's thinking.

Well, I for one don't want to know.

by Anonymousreply 50February 28, 2019 2:00 PM

I can't wait to watch Team Ken just decimate the other teams.

The margin of winning by Team Ken has been like double or triple the next closest score. It's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 51February 28, 2019 9:37 PM

Ken had plenty of money and advance notice to have had a suit custom-fitted for this event.

by Anonymousreply 52February 28, 2019 10:18 PM

Omg everyone was so dramatic about not knowing Final Jeopardy tonight. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 53February 28, 2019 11:58 PM

R53, these are not the most well-adjusted people.

by Anonymousreply 54March 1, 2019 12:00 AM

I know, right r53?? This isn't life or death.

The egos are out of control.

I remember why I loathe Colby. He's so fucking obnoxious and arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 55March 1, 2019 12:02 AM

It was a very hard final to be sure, but poor Alan. I thought he might pass out or something.

by Anonymousreply 56March 1, 2019 12:04 AM

Alan blew it again!

He needs to go back to school.

by Anonymousreply 57March 1, 2019 1:58 AM

I would describe Alan's attitude as a genuine temper tantrum. I'm left wondering whether or when the cameras were off he actually started crying? Agreed that Colby needs to tone it down. Buzzy came off as fairly likable, and Austin was subdued enough that I don't think he could be characterized as obnoxious.

I did guess Balanchine, which just couldn't get past the tips of their tongues, and was very surprised they seemed unaware of the phrase mad as a wet hen. Perhaps that's too fogeyish?

by Anonymousreply 58March 1, 2019 3:03 AM

I think Austin hasn't been quite as obnoxious because he knows he is not as good as some other players (ie. Ken) so he seems a bit more humble.

It was a good match between Buzzy, Colby and Austin. I would have preferred if they played both rounds + DJ. I really hate this team shit. A true All-Stars would have been each player individually.

by Anonymousreply 59March 1, 2019 3:43 AM

Alan needs therapy. Crying on national tv over missing a question on Jeopardy? My God. I wouldn’t hire someone so fragile to work for me.

Colby is obnoxious as hell, probably the worst of all the contestants. I hate his guts. Brad is arrogantly obnoxious, too. Buzzy and Ken don’t bother me at all.

by Anonymousreply 60March 1, 2019 3:58 AM

I didn't mind Colby as much the first time he was on r60 but I agree with you - obnoxious as hell. This competition has really brought out his ugliness.

Julia is not suited to these champion tournaments. She's not very strong when she's up against other winners.

by Anonymousreply 61March 1, 2019 4:02 AM

How did Leonard do? I wondered if he'd be at a disadvantage being a lot younger than the other contestants.

by Anonymousreply 62March 1, 2019 4:18 AM

I never saw a Leonard when he was on originally as a kid. Based on his performance in these episodes, he seems like a nice enough, bright guy who's out of his element, in the sense of laid back rather than cuthroat.

I felt Colby exhibited a bit of a superiority complex when he was on originally, it just wasn't as in-your-face as it is now.

After tonight, I do appreciate Roger Craig more.

by Anonymousreply 63March 1, 2019 4:42 AM

Roger's always been pretty mellow. I liked that about him. He a likeable dork.

by Anonymousreply 64March 1, 2019 4:50 AM

I love Roger r64. I also love his dry sense of humour. He has great comic timing.

by Anonymousreply 65March 1, 2019 4:59 AM

[quote] Austin was subdued enough that I don't think he could be characterized as obnoxious.

He was sort of obnoxious.

At the end of the first round between Buzzy, Colby, and Austin, Alex made a comment on the impressive scores, and Austin turned towards Colby and started clapping very spastically. It was weird, because I couldn't tell if he was obnoxiously clapping at only Colby (because Colby came out on top), or if he was turning to face his competitors and clapped for them all as a group.

In any case, it was weird.

And the competition must be pretty intense behind the scenes, because one of the correct answers yesterday was "gamesmanship," and the person who answered that question, added "that's been happening a lot this week." Oooooh!

by Anonymousreply 66March 1, 2019 7:34 PM

It was Roger who said that. He sounded quite sincere, though sarcasm would probably fit well?

by Anonymousreply 67March 1, 2019 8:34 PM

Ooooh Alex messed up. But I bet he makes that money back.

by Anonymousreply 68March 1, 2019 11:19 PM

Or not.

Don't mess this up, Austin.

by Anonymousreply 69March 1, 2019 11:22 PM

Alex got cocky.

I knew FJ was Eisenhower but I made the same mistake as Colby.

by Anonymousreply 70March 1, 2019 11:58 PM

I can't blame Alex for getting cocky and risking it all- like 99% of the time he can back it up.

Same here r70. Immediately knew Eisenhower, but got the year wrong.

I'm rooting for ken's team now.

by Anonymousreply 71March 2, 2019 12:32 AM

It was an easy FJ, can't believe no-one got it right. I even think they may have asked some variation of this question in a previous FJ.

I like Matt Jackson, quirks and all, and always find myself rooting for him. Incidentally, he hails from the same alma maters as Brett Kavanaugh, and his mother was the judge in the news recently going back and forth with Roger Stone.

by Anonymousreply 72March 2, 2019 1:47 AM

Wow, that was such an exciting game!!!

I don't care, I think that this tournament is awesome.

Poor Alex. He really blew it, but he did the right thing. He looked so bummed.

Color me shocked that "Team Colby" is in the finals.

by Anonymousreply 73March 2, 2019 2:00 AM

So how will the rest of the tournament work?

Are there only two more days, with the same process that happened yesterday and today?

Then the winning team splits $1,000,000?

Damn, I'd love to be on Team Ken. I'm guessing that he will win, with Team Brad in 2nd place, and Team Colby in 3rd place.

by Anonymousreply 74March 2, 2019 2:15 AM

I am really liking the tournament too. Sure, some of it's tedious but overall it's been exciting to watch. I like the team format for this and the individual player format for TOC.

I am ok with Alex and Buzzy losing because they both won their TOC tournaments, and so it's fine with me if other players win this. Ken Jennings came in second for UTOC and BOTD, so this may be his time.

by Anonymousreply 75March 2, 2019 2:15 AM

I realized quickly that final was a trick question as Eisenhower ran for re-election as an incumbent elected official. As someone from New Jersey, I was rather surprised that Alex was aware that Menlo Park is in Edison Township.

Although he rallied quickly, I felt in the first minute or so of the first round that Alan was on the verge of being carted off to the funny farm if he didn't win the round. I was impressed with Buzzy's last team clip, where he told them that they'd given their best and that was that. I think I did develop an actual crush on No-Drama "Mad Men" Roger.

by Anonymousreply 76March 2, 2019 3:06 AM

Haha, Roger's been my Jeopardy crush for years.

by Anonymousreply 77March 2, 2019 3:27 AM

I love Roger. I would love it if he took over from Alex one day.

by Anonymousreply 78March 2, 2019 4:20 AM

I’m Team Ken now. Brad and Colby are obnoxiously arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 79March 2, 2019 7:00 AM

Yes, Roger has always been a favorite. Mellow, laid back and cute.

by Anonymousreply 80March 2, 2019 9:04 AM

FJ was obviously Eisenhower, so all you had to know was that he was first elected in 1952. Can't believe Buzzy and Austin would have missed that.

At least Colby knew it was Eisenhower, but got the year wrong.

by Anonymousreply 81March 2, 2019 9:09 AM

The silly thing about this tournament is that there are three people on a team with the first member getting 30 questions, the second member getting 30 questions, and the third member getting one. They should have had two-person teams with the two of them joining forces on FJ.

by Anonymousreply 82March 2, 2019 11:28 AM

That's part of the strategy R82, and it also makes the game more interesting.

It's almost like a relay race where one person takes the first leg, another takes the second, and the last person takes the home stretch.

And more than once, the person who gets the FJ question has really blown it for the team. Just look at Alex and team Buzzy. Perhaps if Alex had gone in Double Jeopardy, and Buzzy in FJ, they might have won.

That's the whole strategy of the teams, and personally, I love it.

by Anonymousreply 83March 2, 2019 11:38 AM

No, r83, it does not make the game more interesting. What it makes the game is fragmented. And stupid-seeming.

by Anonymousreply 84March 2, 2019 11:40 AM

That's only YOUR opinion, R84.

And because it's your opinion, it doesn't make it true.

Believe it or not, some people in the world actually think differently than you do.

by Anonymousreply 85March 2, 2019 11:46 AM

My biggest gripe is that they didn't use their website to offer charts with names and pictures which would display both the overall schedule, the upcoming schedule, and the results to date.

We should be able to click on a picture and get a brief summary of who that person is (name, hometown, occupation) and what their history on jeopardy has been.

Do they really think we're going to remember all of the names and faces, etc ? Not having that info and having to search for it just adds to the tedium.

Some folks here seem to have bought into the structure of the tournament as it is. I see lots of room for improvement. It has no flow. It feels too 'stop and start-ish' .

by Anonymousreply 86March 2, 2019 11:55 AM

Thankfully, r85, you're not in charge of the show, and we will be returning to regular Jeopardy soon (though not soon enough).

by Anonymousreply 87March 2, 2019 12:06 PM

I would think a few of them are in the spectrum ? I like Leonard the most. Can’t believe he didn’t know Brooke shields went to Princeton. He probably didn’t know who she is lol. And yeah Colby is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 88March 2, 2019 12:26 PM

I find Colby and Austin both annoying.

by Anonymousreply 89March 2, 2019 12:29 PM

R86 here. I see now that they do have a separate all stars site very much along the lines of what I wanted. Was there no link to this from the old site till now ? I certainly couldn't find it before.

by Anonymousreply 90March 2, 2019 12:52 PM

This tournament proves once again that the categories rule, If a player has the bad luck to be faced with a bunch of topics he or she isn't familiar with (especially in FJ), they're shit out of luck.

by Anonymousreply 91March 2, 2019 3:00 PM

This is the biggest collection of phony fame whores outside of the Real Housewives franchises.

Where's the camera!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 92March 2, 2019 3:02 PM

I would not have gotten FJ if I hadn't read you bitches first.

by Anonymousreply 93March 2, 2019 3:24 PM

For any of you who doubt R91, go watch Ken Jennings' appearance on 500 Questions. He lasted, literally, seven questions, I believe, before being eliminated for missing three in a row.

I also thought that coming up with Eisenhower was super easy, the problem was being sure to pick the first election and not the most recent election by which time he had been an elected politician for four years.

by Anonymousreply 94March 2, 2019 3:26 PM

Yes, R94, that was the trap Colby fell into during FJ. Austin's answer seemed so random - 1836? Was that Van Buren?

What do you mean R83? Didn't Alex do DJ and Buzzy do FJ? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Obviously there are some kinks to be worked out with the format of the tournament, but it got better as time went on and is enjoyable overall. I hope they do it again. I am a diehard Jeopardy fan so I remember all of these players and these players are truly all-stars (of course, there are others out there, like Arthur Chu). I doubt Jeopardy will be able to do a tournament like this anytime soon since there isn't a whole other crop of all-stars out there. I would be more than thrilled to watch these players compete again in a year or two though.

by Anonymousreply 95March 2, 2019 8:04 PM

[quote] What do you mean [R83]? Didn't Alex do DJ and Buzzy do FJ? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Whoops, my mistake. Alex screwed up on his Daily Double bets, and not on Final Jeopardy.

[quote] I doubt Jeopardy will be able to do a tournament like this anytime soon since there isn't a whole other crop of all-stars out there. I would be more than thrilled to watch these players compete again in a year or two though.

They only did it to mark Jeopardy's 35th Anniversary, and probably because Alex is going to retire.

Maybe the next logical point at which they can hold another All-Stars Tournament is for Jeopardy's 50th anniversary in 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 96March 2, 2019 8:12 PM

I found Buzzy and Austin overbearing and not as cute and funny as they think they are. I was surprised at Alex's decision on that final bet.

by Anonymousreply 97March 2, 2019 8:38 PM

Oh that's right R96, I forgot that 35th anniversary connection. I think you're right but they could come up with some other ratings-draw tournament - like they did with BOTD and UTOC. I love these tournaments, even the regular TOC, so I hope they do something soon than 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 98March 2, 2019 10:16 PM

Yeah--I thought Ken Jennings pronunciation of Titian was funny. Ti-shin in English. Tiziano (sounds like Teetseeahno) in the original Italian. Lots of people who learn from reading books mispronounce words they have never heard spoken, even someone as knowledgeable as Ken.

by Anonymousreply 99March 3, 2019 12:30 AM

Ken has clearly never seen or heard A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC (Sondheim's), where Mme Armfelt refers to "a tiny Titian." What would SS have found to rhyme with TIT-i-an?

by Anonymousreply 100March 3, 2019 12:51 PM

Team Ken can't lose.

by Anonymousreply 101March 4, 2019 7:57 AM

I agree that it's Team Ken for the win. He and Matt Jackson have the fastest brains and button expertise. But Brad Rutter's team will be close. Show might start to be a little bit fun as of today Monday.

by Anonymousreply 102March 4, 2019 6:38 PM

Colby's team doesn't stand a chance.

They're going to come in last, for sure.

But hey, everybody left with a shit ton of money. Even the losers.

by Anonymousreply 103March 4, 2019 6:48 PM

Why wasn't John Presloid invited to All-Star Tournament?

by Anonymousreply 104March 4, 2019 10:20 PM

r104 Not enough wins.

Is it over yet?

by Anonymousreply 105March 4, 2019 10:22 PM

Tomorrow is the last day

by Anonymousreply 106March 5, 2019 1:52 AM

Talk about a giveaway final - I knew the answer before he finished reading the question out loud!

I had the following unchargeable thought this evening: Matt needs to die in a grease fire. Alan would start crying at a poker table in Vegas if you lost more than one or two hands.

by Anonymousreply 107March 5, 2019 3:02 AM

I was forgetting why people dislike Matt until I saw him barking at Alex for the next clue.

And then I remembered why people hate him.

And refreshing to see Colby humbled for once as he trailed by a huge margin.

by Anonymousreply 108March 5, 2019 3:35 AM

I'm not watching anymore until Normal Jeopardy comes back.

by Anonymousreply 109March 5, 2019 5:52 AM

Why are they allowing answers not in the form of a question? I’ve seen this at least three times.

by Anonymousreply 110March 5, 2019 5:58 AM

[quote]Why are they allowing answers not in the form of a question? I’ve seen this at least three times.

What did I think I saw Colby do twice?

by Anonymousreply 111March 5, 2019 6:00 AM

Colby's team got SMOKED!

Ken and Brad were doing all the heavy lifting for their teams, although Clarissa did really well also.

I thought that it would be a runaway for Team Ken, but it looks like it could be a close one.

How awesome would it be if Team Ken and Team Brad bet huge amounts because they're so close in score, and they both lost the FJ question, leaving Team Colby for the win. That would be hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 112March 5, 2019 8:26 AM

So it's not over yet?

by Anonymousreply 113March 5, 2019 1:44 PM

R112 I'm really hoping that doesn't happen. Colby is so obnoxious. I would like kens team in first, brad second, and Colby last.

by Anonymousreply 114March 5, 2019 2:41 PM

Tonight's the final game, R113. Regular play, featuring the big lady from two weeks ago, resumes tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 115March 5, 2019 3:16 PM

"The big lady." Heh.

by Anonymousreply 116March 5, 2019 6:10 PM

Go Team Ken!

Although the more I see Brad, the more attractive he gets.

by Anonymousreply 117March 5, 2019 7:16 PM

Yeah, I'd fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 118March 5, 2019 8:30 PM

I think Brad might have had work done on his face, only because he looks younger than in his last TOC. If he did, it's very good because his face looks totally normal. It's weird to see that he was chubby when he was first on the show, whenever that was.

by Anonymousreply 119March 5, 2019 10:18 PM

So congrats to brad's team.

Darn it

by Anonymousreply 120March 5, 2019 11:21 PM

Very strange finals. For all that build-up, it was very anti-climactic.The winner, the 2nd, and the 3rd placer are already decided even before the FJ.

by Anonymousreply 121March 5, 2019 11:21 PM

Agree r121 anticlimactic. It just sort of ended without a final note.

Team brad does seem like a lively bunch. I like Larissa.

Do they each get a million dollars? Or is it split three ways?

by Anonymousreply 122March 5, 2019 11:31 PM

So Brad beats Ken yet again.

by Anonymousreply 123March 5, 2019 11:46 PM

My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over.

by Anonymousreply 124March 5, 2019 11:55 PM

Matt frightens me.

by Anonymousreply 125March 5, 2019 11:57 PM

Think this pretty much cements Brad's position as the best Jeopardy player in modern history.

Happy David is half dorky and half scary.

by Anonymousreply 126March 5, 2019 11:58 PM

Yes, I was kinda terrified by David too r126. I think his teammates were as well LOL

I agree with r121 and r122 it was very anticlimactic and I would also add... boring. I rushed home to watch it and I was distracted by other things because there was no excitement.

I think the only thing that was interesting was when Alex explained the reason behind the choice for FJ.

All so predictable: Brad winning (again), Colby still being obnoxious even in third place, Matt being a cold robot even when his excited teammate showed some enthusiasm to him.

by Anonymousreply 127March 6, 2019 12:04 AM

Brad was already cemented as the best Jeopardy player ever.

by Anonymousreply 128March 6, 2019 12:04 AM

It does make me feel pretty great to answer questions that none of these champs can answer. Earlier in the event, it was the "wet hen" clue, tonight with the lighthouse category it was "Nova Scotia". At least if I was there, I wouldn't end up with $0!

by Anonymousreply 129March 6, 2019 12:10 AM

He was. But I was hoping ken could take this one from him

by Anonymousreply 130March 6, 2019 12:10 AM

It's weird that Team Ken so clearly dominated earlier in the tournament, but petered out in the final game. If Brad was already the "winningest" player in Jeopardy history, he added more to that total now. Daddy has money.

by Anonymousreply 131March 6, 2019 12:38 AM

Just curious, but why is Brad still single?

by Anonymousreply 132March 6, 2019 1:14 AM

I'm guessing because no one could ever love him as much as he loves himself?

by Anonymousreply 133March 6, 2019 1:49 AM

Boring finale to the tournament. A real snooze.

Maybe they should have had all 18 tournament players on the stage at the end.

The behind the scenes strategy sessions were completely worthless.

by Anonymousreply 134March 6, 2019 1:54 AM

As the saying goes, I want Big David in me deeply.

I thought Final was tough (no idea!), but the contestants seemed to think it was an easy question. On the other hand, I was well aware that Peggy's Cove is in Nova Scotia.

Far from boring, I thought it was exciting that at least almost every question different folks rang in right away knowing the answer, rather than having several questions where they either blew it or didn't know.

I'm going to ask one more time weather Brad is gay, but isn't saying so specifically?

by Anonymousreply 135March 6, 2019 3:02 AM

I wonder if we'll see any of them in 15 years for the 50th anniversary celebration.

by Anonymousreply 136March 6, 2019 3:06 AM

R135 - there's this from 7 years ago:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 6, 2019 1:26 PM

Whether he's gay or not, I'd still fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 138March 6, 2019 1:40 PM

So Team Brad each got to take home $333,333.33

How much is that after taxes?

I can't believe that Team Colby only gets to split $100,000. That's only 33 grand each. Like one or two day's winnings.

by Anonymousreply 139March 6, 2019 5:10 PM

Brad's gang probably clear about a couple of hundred thousand each. Being so far behind at the end of the first day, I think Colby's team was able to psych themselves into being happy with at least making it to the finals.

by Anonymousreply 140March 6, 2019 5:46 PM

Well, the All-Star Tournament haters should be happy that "normal" Jeopardy is back.

by Anonymousreply 141March 6, 2019 8:09 PM

Oh, trust us, we ARE.

by Anonymousreply 142March 6, 2019 8:36 PM

We are, r141. We are. I watched a good deal of that rotfest, but I reached my breaking point three episodes ago.

by Anonymousreply 143March 6, 2019 9:09 PM

So sad about Alex Trevek. Wish him all the best.

by Anonymousreply 144March 6, 2019 9:11 PM

A Message From Alex Trebek

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145March 6, 2019 9:13 PM

Aww that is sad news. Stage 4 though- he probably won't be around in three years.

by Anonymousreply 146March 6, 2019 9:16 PM

Wow 😮 pancreatic cancer? Isn’t that one of the worst to have? And isn’t it he just beaten that brain hemorrhage? Wish him well.

by Anonymousreply 147March 6, 2019 9:25 PM

God bless Alex. I will say a prayer for his recovery.

by Anonymousreply 148March 6, 2019 10:07 PM

I didn't realize he was 78. I hope I'm that sharp at that age. Imagine...he and Bernie Sanders are the same approximate age!

by Anonymousreply 149March 7, 2019 12:54 AM

Doubt he'll live very long. Very few people beat pancreatic cancer, esp. Stage IV , which means it has metastasized to more distant parts of the body. He's had what seems from the outside to be a good life. I wish him well. He will probably be too weak to be on TV when he's undergoing chemo so I imagine we'll see a replacement quite soon.

by Anonymousreply 150March 7, 2019 1:23 AM

Probably too soon not to be morbid, but I assume we'll soon be seeing a thread for next host suggestions.

by Anonymousreply 151March 7, 2019 1:25 AM

Tim loses by a dollar, what a dolt for betting that much.

Blanked on FJ.

WOF: Mr. Cocoa, Any comment on Joey, who plans Congressional happy hours?

by Anonymousreply 152March 7, 2019 2:01 AM

Fuck you, WOF queen. Start your own fucking thread, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 153March 7, 2019 2:11 AM

Sorry, R153, but I felt Joey pinged. I thought he was kind of cute, but he did seem like someone who would be attractive to many data loungers.

Losing by a dollar that way, almost smacks of being preordained to lose! I have mentioned before I have a fondness for suited guys, and Tim was also my type in general, so it was sorry to see him a blow it that way. I did not get final myself, but thought it was a rather difficult question.

This is going to sound a bit weird, if not callous, but I don't think Alex Trebek would ever be really ready to retire. Somehow, I have the feeling that not lasting long after he gives up being host might actually be a better exit. Buzzy already lives in Los Angeles, so would be kind of the obvious choice to step in for him.

by Anonymousreply 154March 7, 2019 3:06 AM

Fuck you, r154. When Jeopardy is over, I turn off the TV. I don't watch that offensive POS. If you want to talk about it, start a thread devoted to it. Of course, you're probably a parasite in all areas..

by Anonymousreply 155March 7, 2019 4:16 AM

Alex looks so healthy and spry. I never would have guessed that he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

by Anonymousreply 156March 7, 2019 7:58 AM

Why does anyone think Buzzy has the TV skills to host a show?

by Anonymousreply 157March 7, 2019 2:23 PM

R156, Neither did Alex.

by Anonymousreply 158March 7, 2019 3:11 PM

[quote]Buzzy already lives in Los Angeles, so would be kind of the obvious choice to step in for him.

NO!!!!! Hopefully, now that he got his ass kicked on the TOC, he'll fade back into obscurity, never to be seen on [italic]Jeopardy![/italic] again. I never thought I'd say this, but I even prefer Matt Jackson to the obnoxious Buzzy.

by Anonymousreply 159March 7, 2019 3:41 PM

It's going to be the most sought after job in television since Bob Barker retired. The producers will be looking for a host with big name value, not some former contestant who's only known to Jeopardy! viewers.

by Anonymousreply 160March 7, 2019 3:49 PM

Does Ryan Seacrest need another job?

by Anonymousreply 161March 7, 2019 3:55 PM

Pee Wee Herman. Seriously. Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 162March 7, 2019 4:14 PM

I'd bet money that they'll be considering Conan O'Brian. He lives in LA already, he's very smart (Harvard Crimson editor I think), and funny (which would make a nice change over Alex) and he's very well known, which will bring fresh eyes to the show. I don't think they'll pick a relatively unknown game show host like Alex was when he replaced Art Fleming. He could probably keep doing his own show as well.

by Anonymousreply 163March 7, 2019 5:08 PM

[quote]I even prefer Matt Jackson to the obnoxious Buzzy.

Which shows us your taste is located somewhere between the sewer and the sole of your shoe.

by Anonymousreply 164March 7, 2019 5:15 PM

[quote]I'd bet money that they'll be considering Conan O'Brian.

The only good idea I've heard so far. Thanks, r163.

by Anonymousreply 165March 7, 2019 5:16 PM

I love Conan, but his problem is -- he's STILL the Crimson editor, or actually, the president of Hasty Pudding.

by Anonymousreply 166March 7, 2019 5:19 PM

R165, Not such a great idea. Conan is another who would inject too much comedy into it, like Steve Harvey does on FF.

by Anonymousreply 167March 7, 2019 5:44 PM

[quote] I'd bet money that they'll be considering Conan O'Brian

Conan was my first thought, as well.

Whoever is chosen, that person MUST be intelligent. And they should have a good grasp of a wide variety of subjects. It wouldn't hurt if they spoke another language, as well.

Are there any other Canadian hosts who fit the bill? They're usually bilingual.

by Anonymousreply 168March 7, 2019 7:30 PM

Meredith Viera, who already has game show experience.

by Anonymousreply 169March 7, 2019 7:32 PM

No thank you, R169. She's boring as dirt.

by Anonymousreply 170March 7, 2019 7:34 PM

Buzzy, Buzzy, Buzzy. I swear he took his prize money and used it to hire PR flacks to promote him as the future host of Jeopardy. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 171March 7, 2019 7:40 PM

R168, The thought of having to look at that ginger albino five nights a week turns my stomach.

by Anonymousreply 172March 7, 2019 7:47 PM

Al Franken!

by Anonymousreply 173March 7, 2019 7:49 PM

Megyn Kelly is available.

So is Matt Lauer.

by Anonymousreply 174March 7, 2019 7:53 PM

Not to be morbid, but how many shows can they quickly bank? One day equals one week of shows, right? So can they quickly get an additional 3 or 4 months of shows on the shelf before the treatments kick in and/or he starts going downhill? Maybe use guest hosts for things like the Teen Tournament?

Or will they even try? If he goes downhill fast I can't see airing new episodes after his death.

by Anonymousreply 175March 7, 2019 8:23 PM

[quote]Are there any other Canadian hosts who fit the bill? They're usually bilingual.

I hear Justin Trudeau may be looking for work. I would watch him five nights a week.

by Anonymousreply 176March 7, 2019 8:26 PM

When Alex leaves, I think that the show's popularity will wane.

I used to love Price is Right with Bob Barker, but I stopped watching, once Drew Carey took over.

Unfortunately, it'll be the same with Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 177March 7, 2019 8:32 PM

Unfortunately, I think we have a very short time with Alex on the show. People will be depressed watching someone with terminal cancer, even or especially long time fans. Many people don't like to be reminded of death. So I think the producers will give him a short farewell period, say a couple of weeks, and then they will say he needs to rest while he's undergoing treatment and we have hired so and so to be his temporary replacement. In fact would guess they would try several different hosts over a period of time to see who works best in the slot. They might try some people like Ken Jennings or Brad Rutter as well as broadcast professionals. Just a guess--but I don't see him there for very long even if he feels okay.

by Anonymousreply 178March 7, 2019 9:14 PM

As long as it isn't Pat Sajack . . .

by Anonymousreply 179March 7, 2019 9:21 PM

[quote] Many people don't like to be reminded of death.

Death basically sponsors the show now. 3/4's of the commercials during Jeopardy are for COPD, diabetes, and other meds.

by Anonymousreply 180March 7, 2019 9:24 PM

[quote]As long as it isn't Pat Sajak . . .

Wouldn't that suck!

by Anonymousreply 181March 7, 2019 9:25 PM

How about Colby?

by Anonymousreply 182March 8, 2019 12:46 AM

It doesn't matter where the potential host lives. It doesn't have to be LA. Alex lives in northern California, not LA. You only have to fly in every couple of weeks for Tuesday and Wednesday and you only work 46 days a year. Not exactly taxing for 20 million dollars plus.

by Anonymousreply 183March 8, 2019 12:53 AM

I'm afraid that Colby is not what one might call "photogenic."

by Anonymousreply 184March 8, 2019 12:53 AM

It seems the universe is punishing Alek for this awful & tedious tournament.

by Anonymousreply 185March 8, 2019 12:55 AM

The ratings for Jeopardy are very strong, as is the 18-49 demo, so you can sav3 the tired jokes about their advertising.

Conan??? Uh....just NO. HE wouldn’t work, making himself more important than the game.

I don’t see viewers dropping off during this period. Whoever said that is ridiculous. It’s not depressing. If Trebek looks and is healthy enough to appear, ratings will hold.

Buzzy was calmer during this last tournament, and I think he could tone it down and do a good job — but would have to change his style of eyeglasses, which is too cartoonish. The Buzzy hate here is a head shaker.

Trebek will be REALLY hard to replace, and it’s clear you don’t know what you got til it’s gone. He is a MASTER at every element of the game.

by Anonymousreply 186March 8, 2019 3:04 AM

I have a friend who's going to tape as a contestant next week. I'll report back what she says of Alex's health.

Maybe they'll have a series of possible replacement hosts as auditions.

by Anonymousreply 187March 8, 2019 2:19 PM

Buzzy with a past contestant . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188March 8, 2019 2:34 PM

Looks like Presloid wanted to get BONED by the BUZZY at R188!

I can see the "hungry bottom" look in Johnny's eyes.

by Anonymousreply 189March 8, 2019 3:31 PM

Who DOESN'T want to get boned by Buzzy? Get SERIOUS, kaween.

by Anonymousreply 190March 8, 2019 3:34 PM

Don't need a big ego or a chucklehead as host. Essential is a projection of intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 191March 8, 2019 4:40 PM

Ummm finally some eye candy!! Eases the blow of Alex's news a little. Josh and Conor are both cuties!

by Anonymousreply 192March 8, 2019 8:34 PM

Are Josh and Conor on tonight (3/8/19) or last night (3/7)?

by Anonymousreply 193March 8, 2019 8:47 PM

3/8/19. I'm watching the show now, r193. But i won't spoil it.

by Anonymousreply 194March 8, 2019 8:48 PM

Thank you, r194. I don't get to watch for another 2+ hours (7:00 eastern).

by Anonymousreply 195March 8, 2019 8:52 PM

Wow, when was the last time we saw two handsome and desirable gentlemen on the same show ? It doesn't happen often enough. Good for Conor.

by Anonymousreply 196March 9, 2019 12:01 AM

Kudos to Conor the cutie for his come from behind victory.

I thought FJ was incredibly obvious.

Josh's "Jack Kevorkian" response made no sense.

by Anonymousreply 197March 9, 2019 12:08 AM

What was the question?

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 198March 9, 2019 1:16 AM

Dana Wayne, what is an "educator"?

by Anonymousreply 199March 9, 2019 1:19 AM

I like Conor as champion. Thesis on baseball, though? Please.

Perhaps because I read r197 before I watched today's show, I guessed Jack Kevorkian, too. Death. Michigan. Blah, blah, blah. I did not know the correct answer person was from Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 200March 9, 2019 1:51 AM

I want Josh in me quite deeply. He is incredibly handsome.

by Anonymousreply 201March 9, 2019 2:15 AM

I spent much of the show being struck by how much Conor reminded me of Burt Ward as Robin!

I felt final was a fairly easy giveaway.

Kevorkian was known as "Dr. Death" from Michigan, so it made sense as a wild Hail Mary pass.

by Anonymousreply 202March 9, 2019 3:02 AM

I have to stop myself from reading this thread until after I've seen the show. Apparently, I watch it later than much of the world (7:00 PM Eastern).

by Anonymousreply 203March 9, 2019 3:10 AM

R198

In 1982 a probate judge in his home state of Michigan declared him legally dead

by Anonymousreply 204March 9, 2019 3:30 AM

R207, But Kevorkian lived until 2011.

by Anonymousreply 205March 9, 2019 3:32 AM

^Sorry, meant R202

by Anonymousreply 206March 9, 2019 3:34 AM

I thought Jack Kevorkian.

by Anonymousreply 207March 9, 2019 4:09 AM

There you go, R205. Now it just looks like you're prescient!

by Anonymousreply 208March 9, 2019 4:10 AM

My first thought was D. B. Cooper, then I realized it had to be Jimmy Hoffa.

by Anonymousreply 209March 9, 2019 6:48 AM

Some info on Conor . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210March 9, 2019 1:50 PM

Unless they want a pre-fab celebrity, Brad Rutter for host makes sense to me.

Anyone mention Anderson Cooper?

by Anonymousreply 211March 9, 2019 4:09 PM

[quote]Anyone mention Anderson Cooper?

You're doing that on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 212March 9, 2019 4:22 PM

Thank you, r210. Conor is so cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213March 9, 2019 4:28 PM

They need a host, like Alex, who is known outside of Jeopardy audiences but whose celebrity status wouldn't overshadow the show, looks good in front of the camera, is charismatic, has a good, but not irreverent, sense of humor, and comes off as paternal and intelligent. Most of the choices mentioned here (Anderson Cooper, Jon Stewart, Conan, Ken Jennings, Brad Rutter, Alec Baldwin) fit those criteria. I think Thomas Roberts is the best one mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 214March 9, 2019 5:23 PM

[quote]They need a host, like Alex, who is known outside of Jeopardy audiences

Where and when was Alex "known outside of Jeopardy audiences"?

by Anonymousreply 215March 9, 2019 6:52 PM

I knew Hoffa because I grew up outside of Detroit during the time he disappeared. But I was sure all of them would get it right.

by Anonymousreply 216March 9, 2019 9:24 PM

[quote]Where and when was Alex "known outside of Jeopardy audiences"?

He was a game show host for many shows, as well as a panelist on others for years before landing Jeopardy!

by Anonymousreply 217March 9, 2019 10:49 PM

He hosted the classic memory show Concentration. I loved that show as a kid.

They recently started airing it on Buzzr network. It's airing right now, actually.

by Anonymousreply 218March 9, 2019 11:10 PM

Usually I can agree with who's hot and who's not amongst the Jeopardy! contestants (John Presloid, Tom the Bartender, etc., are definitely hot), but I don't see anything attractive about Conor. There's something "off" with his personality, he's kind of creepy, and for the life of me, I don't see much attractive about him at all. He's also one of those dreaded contestants who takes a masturbatory approach to using his buzzer, and the clicking sound and furious hand activity shown is MAJORLY off-putting. You see him clicking and shaking his hand back and forth and you just want to send him to the bathroom, where he can do that kind of thing in private without disturbing anyone. The buzzers should truly be anchored to the podium to prevent this kind of distraction.

That said, I really, REALLY liked Conor's powder blue sweater. I wonder if he'd sell it to me?

by Anonymousreply 219March 9, 2019 11:50 PM

R219, check the CK website. I’m pretty sure it was a Calvin Klein.

by Anonymousreply 220March 9, 2019 11:53 PM

Thanks, R220. I seldom notice clothing items on TV, but that sweater is EXACTLY the right style and color.

by Anonymousreply 221March 10, 2019 12:37 AM

Conor is the hottest bottom on Jeopardy since John Presloid.

by Anonymousreply 222March 10, 2019 10:30 PM

John who?

by Anonymousreply 223March 11, 2019 12:43 AM

another attractive gentleman to appear tonight (Scott Semproni)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 11, 2019 7:42 PM

^Looks like she inhaled the entire Keebler factory.

by Anonymousreply 225March 11, 2019 7:59 PM

Scott looks better on the show than your photo, r224.

Champ Conor is also looking handsome and smart with his glasses today!

by Anonymousreply 226March 11, 2019 8:31 PM

Scott's got the gay voice too.

by Anonymousreply 227March 11, 2019 8:33 PM

Where does the gay voice come from? I've got it and so do all my friends. I've often wondered about this.

by Anonymousreply 228March 11, 2019 8:35 PM

R225, Including the night shift.

by Anonymousreply 229March 11, 2019 9:26 PM

R224, There's enough chin there for 3 people.

by Anonymousreply 230March 11, 2019 9:28 PM

Conor looked super sexy in his nerdy glasses! Too bad he lost.

by Anonymousreply 231March 11, 2019 11:58 PM

Nobody got Maude or El Greco and two of them missed Neil Simon. So much cultural illiteracy.

by Anonymousreply 232March 12, 2019 12:11 AM

I did not know final, but also thought it a bit depressing regarding Maude and El Greco.

Conor looked totally different tonight.

I like the new champ well enough, respecting the fact that she knows so much, but feel she's a bit old to be dying her hair like that.

by Anonymousreply 233March 12, 2019 2:59 AM

[quote]I did not know final, but also thought it a bit depressing regarding Maude and El Greco.

And the Count of Monte Cristo.

by Anonymousreply 234March 12, 2019 3:02 AM

R231, Indeed, he looked totally different. Wonder what other "looks" he had planned for a longer reign.

FJ seemed really easy, the thought of Eugene O'Neill dying in 2018 made me guffaw.

by Anonymousreply 235March 12, 2019 4:12 AM

This new champ with the purplish hair won’t last long, either.

by Anonymousreply 236March 12, 2019 4:24 AM

Her hair was fuschia on my computer.

by Anonymousreply 237March 12, 2019 7:09 AM

Her hair needed a shampooing on my tv screen.

by Anonymousreply 238March 12, 2019 7:12 AM

She may have had a lip mole. I guess we can watch tonight and be reminded exactly where. Sorry neither of the boys is coming back.

by Anonymousreply 239March 12, 2019 7:27 AM

What's Frank Orlando up to these days?

by Anonymousreply 240March 12, 2019 1:23 PM

And not knowing Neal Simon! Can't abide the champ's hair color!

by Anonymousreply 241March 12, 2019 2:08 PM

another new guy on tonight, although this one looks straight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242March 12, 2019 2:20 PM

Both cute boys bested by the woman with the odd hair. There's no justice!

by Anonymousreply 243March 12, 2019 2:20 PM

One of tomorrow's contestants seems even gayer than Scott from yesterday. (And I don't mean that as an insult. He seems really cute.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244March 12, 2019 2:25 PM

R242, He'd look better clean shaven.

by Anonymousreply 245March 12, 2019 4:14 PM

r244 Gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, GAY!

by Anonymousreply 246March 12, 2019 4:42 PM

Much like with guy from yesterday, the fella at r244 looks better on tv than that photo.

by Anonymousreply 247March 12, 2019 8:31 PM

His name is Evan, and has a very nice and soothing speaking voice.

I meant the guy at r242, not r244.

by Anonymousreply 248March 12, 2019 8:34 PM

Barton is adorkable.

by Anonymousreply 249March 12, 2019 8:38 PM

[quote]And not knowing Neal Simon!

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 250March 12, 2019 8:59 PM

R244, He's an Assistant Office Manager. Just what does an AOM do?

by Anonymousreply 251March 12, 2019 9:26 PM

Orders staples and three-hole punchers, r251.

by Anonymousreply 252March 12, 2019 10:11 PM

I watched today and couldn't believe the idiocy! How do you not know Henry Clay people!!! They missed Allison Janney for Christ sake!!

by Anonymousreply 253March 12, 2019 10:14 PM

Evan was indeed handsome. And what in the hell was going on with the FJ bid by the returning champ?!

by Anonymousreply 254March 12, 2019 10:44 PM

Conor may try on different looks but he can't hide the sexy. Sam appears to be a sweetheart.

What's going on with all the gays (no complaints here) ? Is Alex finally getting the show he's always wanted ?

by Anonymousreply 255March 12, 2019 11:01 PM

Good for nice guy Barton. He hung in and finally succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 256March 12, 2019 11:58 PM

Easy final. Now the Chinese guy can go on his pilgrimages.

by Anonymousreply 257March 13, 2019 12:01 AM

Elaine should seek breast reduction surgery.

FJ wasn't easy for me.

by Anonymousreply 258March 13, 2019 1:24 AM

R247 - I feel otherwise. He's at least smiling in the pic I linked @ R242. On TV tonight, he came across as so intensely serious-minded while he was playing, he seemed kinda angry.

by Anonymousreply 259March 13, 2019 1:34 AM

I thought final was easy, but history is one of my stronger suits, as it is apparently for the new champ. I'll try not to hold it against him that he's Canadian; somehow, I think I'd like him better outside of Jeopardy.

I felt Henry Clay was also the obvious answer, although I had no clue about Allison Janney.

by Anonymousreply 260March 13, 2019 3:01 AM

Still more fucking Canadians! Maybe once Alex…um, transitions…we can get back to having normal 'Murican contestants again.

by Anonymousreply 261March 13, 2019 5:51 PM

Sam is so slight, and already annoying with his ear tug.

Also, he isn't gay.

He's super gay.

by Anonymousreply 262March 13, 2019 9:19 PM

Sorry, John Presloid. Sam is now my all-time favorite Jeopardy gay. So adorable! I hate that we won’t see him again.

by Anonymousreply 263March 13, 2019 11:59 PM

The champ is such a chipper nerd.

by Anonymousreply 264March 14, 2019 12:17 AM

Is it possible to be gayer than Sam?

by Anonymousreply 265March 14, 2019 12:19 AM

R265, I’m trying!

by Anonymousreply 266March 14, 2019 12:21 AM

I wanted to be inside Sam, deeply.

by Anonymousreply 267March 14, 2019 12:55 AM

I wanted Sam to come back.

by Anonymousreply 268March 14, 2019 1:15 AM

I loved Sam! Bring him back, please!!

He was adorable.

by Anonymousreply 269March 14, 2019 2:38 AM

Fuuuuuuuuk! Why did Sam have to blow Final Jeopardy????

That asian guy is so fucking annoying. I hate him!!

Sam would have been Datalounge's new favorite, probably even beating out John Presloid.

by Anonymousreply 270March 14, 2019 2:59 AM

I wanted Sam, too. Since this is a gay male website, I'm going to address the 800-pound gorilla in the room and say that usually a somewhat fem guy from New York City would be vapid, but he seems to know his stuff. I want to dislike Barton because he's Canadian, but honestly otherwise he's not a bad guy, just a bit annoying. I could have lived with the big lady just fine, however.

Tonight's surprised question that they didn't know was the answer black lung. D'uh. On the other hand, having never read the book, I didn't know final, so ended up guessing Catcher in the Rye, though I knew it wasn't right.

R270 - I fully agree that Sam is probably a nicer guy to hang out with, more humble, than John.

by Anonymousreply 271March 14, 2019 3:04 AM

The asian guy practically yells out his answers.

He is so off-putting and awkward. I'm not going to watch the show again until he's eliminated, so I'll just watch this thread for his exit.

by Anonymousreply 272March 14, 2019 5:11 AM

Sam was cute and smart. He looks pretty young. It would have been nice to have him stick around. I thought the Carol Burnett ear tug was adorable.

The Asian guy remains super annoying. I don't hate him. He just seems way too pleased with himself. If he could only take it down two notches.

by Anonymousreply 273March 14, 2019 6:16 AM

[quote]Sam was cute and smart. He looks pretty young.

He's 30. And adorable AF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274March 14, 2019 11:03 AM

I loved Sam. Gone too soon!

Champ reminds me of Professor Frink from the Simpsons.

by Anonymousreply 275March 14, 2019 11:25 AM

Sam is adorable and intelligent.

Shame he blew such an easy FJ.

by Anonymousreply 276March 14, 2019 12:14 PM

Wow, I didn't find FJ easy at all, and I'm an avid reader. Never read the novel or didn't see the movie. I guessed CATCHER for a quick second, then SHANE (!). Really sorry to see Sam go.

by Anonymousreply 277March 14, 2019 12:46 PM

I thought of Shane too, but didn't think there was a Roy in Shane...

by Anonymousreply 278March 14, 2019 12:54 PM

Samesies, r275

He sweet but as Prince could sing, were he alive, Sam could never take the place of our John Presloid.

by Anonymousreply 279March 14, 2019 1:06 PM

I read a lot, including Malamud, but I didn't know the FJ.

by Anonymousreply 280March 14, 2019 1:18 PM

I would've gotten The Natural.

by Anonymousreply 281March 14, 2019 1:19 PM

[quote]I'm going to address the 800-pound gorilla in the room

R271, when I first read that, I thought you were going to refer to the female contestant - specifically, her gargantuan breasts. Which reminds me: what is it with huge-breasted women contestants lately? That's the third one in less than 2 weeks.

Another one here who'll miss Sam. And now here's the question: Sam are you on DL?

by Anonymousreply 282March 14, 2019 1:37 PM

Awww Alex's thank you to fans and supporters at the beginning of the show made me tear up. He sounds frail, and it makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 283March 14, 2019 8:33 PM

Also, Kevin gives me Ronan Farrow vibes. Lookswise at least.

by Anonymousreply 284March 14, 2019 8:34 PM

Lindsey reminds me of a chubbier Elisabeth Moss.

by Anonymousreply 285March 14, 2019 8:41 PM

So did the freakazoid lose today, or is he still going to linger for another day?

by Anonymousreply 286March 14, 2019 8:53 PM

You're in the clear...he lost. Another pretty easy FJ.

by Anonymousreply 287March 14, 2019 11:24 PM

Hallelujah, R287!

I can watch Jeopardy again.

by Anonymousreply 288March 14, 2019 11:58 PM

Your long national nightmare is finally over.

by Anonymousreply 289March 15, 2019 12:18 AM

Yay, Lindsey!

Although her button pressing thing is kind of obnoxious, too.

by Anonymousreply 290March 15, 2019 2:59 AM

I'm going to have nightmares of the new champ giving me a handjob.

by Anonymousreply 291March 15, 2019 4:08 AM

She was a girl, r291. You need to pick better dreams.

by Anonymousreply 292March 15, 2019 4:10 AM

She'd pull your dick right off. She was going hard on that buzzer.

by Anonymousreply 293March 15, 2019 6:39 AM

The vinyl collector is straight???

by Anonymousreply 294March 15, 2019 3:58 PM

Welcome to Seattle, R294; those kinds of straight boys are very common. Maybe the girlfriend in question is Asian? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 295March 15, 2019 5:16 PM

Lindsay's mouth/teeth tension (whatever the F it is) drives me bonkers. She is AWFUL to look at, and unfortunately, she's a good player. I pray she loses soon, otherwise I might have to listen instead of watch the show (or not watch at all). I don't think there's been a contestant since Matt Jackson that offended me as much.

by Anonymousreply 296March 15, 2019 8:26 PM

He certainly won't be everyone on DL's cup of tea, but I find Brad to be a cutie!

by Anonymousreply 297March 15, 2019 8:34 PM

And I need someone to find me the calendar featuring a "tastefully nude" Brad asap!

by Anonymousreply 298March 15, 2019 8:40 PM

She is the worst abuser of the buzzer I have seen in a long time. I want her to lose immediately. Unfortunately, all three of them today are people who hold their buzzers in the air instead of resting their hands on the edge of the podiums out of camera range. Been there, done that.

by Anonymousreply 299March 15, 2019 10:07 PM

Bianca had the stupidest late Daily Double bet in Double Jeopardy ever today. How did she not see that she needed to wager all of it to keep the buzzer abuser from having a runaway so she'd at least have a chance. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 300March 15, 2019 10:25 PM

I like Brad, too. And he seems tres gay.

I don't know if I can put up with another day of Lindsey's Fryyyy, or her shaking the buzzer like a cup of dice. STFU, Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 301March 15, 2019 11:33 PM

Lindsay's clicker is going to climax.

by Anonymousreply 302March 15, 2019 11:47 PM

R300, what is she was vexed?

by Anonymousreply 303March 16, 2019 12:24 AM

Bianca didn't bet all 6000 because she wasn't sure of the category. She wanted to stay in the game.

Remember, second place still gets a thousand dollars more than third place.

by Anonymousreply 304March 16, 2019 2:53 AM

If you make it on Jeopardy!, R304, you play to win. It's just points until it's over or it's a runaway.

by Anonymousreply 305March 16, 2019 2:57 AM

And nice one, R303. :-)

by Anonymousreply 306March 16, 2019 3:00 AM

Lockjaw Lindsey is just impossible to warm to. Farewell to Brad and Bianca.

by Anonymousreply 307March 16, 2019 3:03 AM

I, too, would like to see Brad's naked calendar. My guess would be he's a fur ball under those clothes.

Completely stumped on FJ.

I don't see Miss Lindsey going away any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 308March 16, 2019 4:32 AM

[quote]I don't see Miss Lindsey going away any time soon.

Kind of jarring to see "Miss Lindsey" written on DL instead of "Senatrice Lindsey."

by Anonymousreply 309March 17, 2019 12:59 AM

I had no idea who Adolphe Sax was. I think I will skip watching until vocal fryista Lindsey is gone. Her voice and her clicking are unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 310March 17, 2019 7:25 AM

Bianca: "Change My Mind, $1000."

Alex: "You'd best use your skills at this, also a Jane Austen nov-" CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK

by Anonymousreply 311March 17, 2019 12:03 PM

Can't they muffle those fucking clickers? And nail them to the podium, so we aren't distracted by the wild jacking-off movements as contestants flail and thrash to be the first to buzz in.

by Anonymousreply 312March 17, 2019 5:44 PM

[quote] Can't they muffle those fucking clickers? And nail them to the podium, so we aren't distracted by the wild jacking-off movements as contestants flail and thrash to be the first to buzz in.

The show shouldn't have to do that.

In theory, the contestants should be smart enough (and mature enough) to not have to be told that.

It's only the spastic assholes who go crazy with the buzzer. They should be disqualified from the game, just for being assholes.

by Anonymousreply 313March 17, 2019 6:18 PM

But why are we just noticing the clickers this year, r313? I don't recall ever having heard them before.

by Anonymousreply 314March 17, 2019 6:26 PM

Oh, they've been there all along, R314, it's just that no one's ever publicly bitched about them before. I fucking hate the wild clicking and masturbatory flailing.

by Anonymousreply 315March 17, 2019 8:06 PM

Brian has a kind face and demeanor... but in my head, he's a freak in the sheets.

by Anonymousreply 316March 18, 2019 8:37 PM

I hope that Lindsey gets ousted today.

I can't take her buzzer smashing any more!

Plus, she looks mean.

by Anonymousreply 317March 19, 2019 12:44 AM

Bad news, R317...

by Anonymousreply 318March 19, 2019 12:51 AM

Lindsey is so annoying.

Also, what is water?!

by Anonymousreply 319March 19, 2019 1:08 AM

omfg I thought I was the only one who found Lindsay annoying as hell. The way she keeps ferociously rattling the buzzer! BITCH IT WON'T MAKE IT WORK ANY BETTER. Did you all notice she'll rattle extra hard if Alex calls the name of 1 of her competitors instead of her? Just annoying.

Lauren was a real dumbass omg the questions today were easier I can't believe she didn't make it to final jeopardy

by Anonymousreply 320March 19, 2019 8:24 AM

Big fan of daddy Bren. Weird name though.

by Anonymousreply 321March 19, 2019 8:37 PM

I so wanted handsome Brian to win.

by Anonymousreply 322March 19, 2019 9:48 PM

As i thought, i'm not the only one annoyed of the current champ. I cant really put my finger what turned me off - maybe she came accross as a smug. unfortunately shes really good and we may have to suffer for a while. lol.

by Anonymousreply 323March 19, 2019 10:42 PM

[quote]I cant really put my finger what turned me off

Don't worry. [bold]She'll[/bold] put her (clicking) finger on it.

Repeatedly!

by Anonymousreply 324March 19, 2019 10:45 PM

R320 - totally agree! Just had to turn it off because I could neither stand listening to it nor looking at that mess!

by Anonymousreply 325March 19, 2019 11:10 PM

R321, Could be short for Brennan.

by Anonymousreply 326March 20, 2019 12:27 AM

It’s the rings, the clicks, the hair and all the facial expressions with her underbite. GET HER OFF

by Anonymousreply 327March 20, 2019 12:48 AM

I still haven't watched another Lindsey episode. Stop it with the fucking fryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

by Anonymousreply 328March 20, 2019 1:54 AM

Speaking of millennial womanspeak, I went to a conference last night at which 3 men and 3 women spoke. Two of the three women said "kind of" approximately once a minute. I wanted to scream. Finally it was over and I left.

by Anonymousreply 329March 20, 2019 1:55 AM

Lindsey is driving me nuts. I am glad I am not the only one, but I don't think I ever disliked a contestant so much. The way she violently flails the buzzer, her clothes, her hair, her earrings, her smugness despite looking like a crazy cat-lady mess! I can't believe I actually prayed she would lose tonight, which is so irrational and mean, just so I can enjoy Jeopardy once again.

by Anonymousreply 330March 20, 2019 5:04 AM

I tend to skip the interview segments. Has Lindsey mentioned a spouse or significant other?

by Anonymousreply 331March 20, 2019 5:16 AM

[quote]I don't think I ever disliked a contestant so much.

Not even Vocal Fryyyyy Lawyerrrrr?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332March 20, 2019 6:51 AM

No, I don't believe she has mentioned a partner of any sort.

by Anonymousreply 333March 20, 2019 7:02 AM

And I'm back. Lindsey is working my last nerve and I don't know how much longer I can take it.

by Anonymousreply 334March 20, 2019 3:49 PM

R332, after last night, I know I dislike Lindsey more. After her first appearance, fry lawyer (previously most hated) suddenly popped into my head for the inevitable comparison, which just intensified my dislike for Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 335March 20, 2019 3:49 PM

^ signed R330

by Anonymousreply 336March 20, 2019 3:50 PM

I dislike vocal fry as much as most of you, but I must have some genetic defect as I don't hear hers particularly. It's not so much that I dislike her, as that I'm tired of her, feeling it's high time to move on to a new champ. Tonight's guy wouldn't be too bad, from the pic.

As far as ranking the most horrid players, she doesn't come close to Matt Jackson and Arthur Chu.

WB, Art!!!

by Anonymousreply 337March 20, 2019 3:54 PM

Jonathan has some broad shoulders. I need to see him out of his jacket.

by Anonymousreply 338March 20, 2019 8:32 PM

🤓🤓🤓

by Anonymousreply 339March 20, 2019 8:37 PM

❗❗❗❗❗❗😀

by Anonymousreply 340March 20, 2019 9:00 PM

Thank you, C.

by Anonymousreply 341March 20, 2019 9:02 PM

We are delivered!! And she didn't make it to five.

by Anonymousreply 342March 20, 2019 10:29 PM

But she is on today?

by Anonymousreply 343March 20, 2019 11:01 PM

How could that brilliant champ miss that easy final? That grey jacket on that DC lawyer certainly gave her away. I'm glad she lost.

by Anonymousreply 344March 20, 2019 11:05 PM

I actually love Matt Jackson (one of my favorite players ever) and don't mind Arthur Chu. Go figure. But Lindsey and her skull necklace have got to go!

by Anonymousreply 345March 20, 2019 11:11 PM

Yes, R344, it was an was FJ. I have noticed, but maybe geography is a blind spot? Though that was pretty easy even as geography questions go.

by Anonymousreply 346March 20, 2019 11:15 PM

^ *it was an easy FJ

by Anonymousreply 347March 20, 2019 11:15 PM

Hurray - you have given me the courage to watch the episode.

by Anonymousreply 348March 20, 2019 11:38 PM

I watch Jeopardy at the end of a long work day to relax, but Lindsey’s shaking and clicking stresses me the eff out!

by Anonymousreply 349March 20, 2019 11:52 PM

At last, our long national nightmare is over!

by Anonymousreply 350March 20, 2019 11:59 PM

Thank God that clicking frau is gone!!!

New champ is handsome and likable. I hope he stays a long time.

And I agree with r349 her clicking was stressful. I can't imagine how the contestants felt. It was so loud on my TV and my volume was only at a medium level.

by Anonymousreply 351March 21, 2019 12:01 AM

Ugh, Lindsey did win 100k+, so that will put her ahead of Dave Leffler, Jonathan Dinerstein, Alex Schmidt and JOHN PRESLOID in the Tournament of Champions running.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352March 21, 2019 12:06 AM

Thank God! Usually at the end of the game there is applause from the audience. I noticed on Tuesday night when Lindsey had such a commanding lead the game ended and......crickets.....

Life can go on.

by Anonymousreply 353March 21, 2019 12:10 AM

Oh no, R352, not ahead of John Presloid! She truly IS evil!

BTW I never noticed this before tonight, but I can't believe she wears so many earrings. Maybe it's because I've been finding it so difficult to look at her, but I never noticed her ears before. Thank God we no longer have her to kick around anymore.

by Anonymousreply 354March 21, 2019 12:50 AM

A skull necklace? And you just know she will win it all in the TofC.

by Anonymousreply 355March 21, 2019 1:47 AM

New champ is totes adorbs, much disappointment Chez Cocoa at the mention of a wife. I mentioned that I wasn't concerned about the vocal fry, but did want to state that her clicking was freaking annoying indeed! I'm a fan of eccentric people, but not when they make a major point of it with a skull necklace like that.

The French poodle question reminded me of a childhood friend's family who called their poodle Rovère as a joke.

Final seemed too easy to me, as all of those folks were Stuarts, so was there some obscure significance to H9?

by Anonymousreply 356March 21, 2019 3:06 AM

BYE BYE Lindsey! And good riddance.

New champ is hot, but most of all his demeanor is so CALM and RELAXING. I could get used to him.

Btw, what was with Lindsey's skull necklace, as R355 pointed out? What an odd choice for an accessory on national television.

by Anonymousreply 357March 21, 2019 3:23 AM

At some point, Alex will no longer be able to work. They must be actively seeking his successor. Will we be given weeks of repeats until the new host is up and running?

by Anonymousreply 358March 21, 2019 4:25 AM

Would it shock folks if Jimmy took over temporarily?

by Anonymousreply 359March 21, 2019 5:11 AM

Jimmy?

by Anonymousreply 360March 21, 2019 6:29 PM

Fallon? Kimmel?

by Anonymousreply 361March 21, 2019 6:32 PM

Jimmy the clue guy

by Anonymousreply 362March 21, 2019 6:35 PM

R359, Jimmy Kimmel?

by Anonymousreply 363March 21, 2019 6:50 PM

RIP - Masturbatory Mama

by Anonymousreply 364March 21, 2019 6:51 PM

R364 There was nothing masturbatory about...her.

by Anonymousreply 365March 21, 2019 7:18 PM

Lindsey was easily the most unpleasant person to watch that I can remember on the show. I was not watching when Arthur Chu was on. Matt Jackson was unpleasant but extremely impressive during the actual jeopardy rounds. Her protruding teeth/jaw bugged me right off, and then I guess the buzzer clicking got even more frenetic in her final appearance cause it hadn't bothered me that much before. Such a relief she's gone. I imagine she is difficult in real life. It was hard to imagine she has friends, she is so offputting. Unfortunately, I guess she will be back for TOC.

by Anonymousreply 366March 21, 2019 7:27 PM

Sausage fest today!

Champ is still the cutest followed by Dave, and then Jeff.

by Anonymousreply 367March 22, 2019 8:32 PM

FJ was tough today. It was obvious it had something to do with something seasonal but couldn't come up with it.

by Anonymousreply 368March 22, 2019 10:29 PM

Does anyone else watch Jeopardy on youtube? They haven't had an episode on since Tuesday, March 19.

by Anonymousreply 369March 22, 2019 10:52 PM

What a great game today! No high scores, but all 3 were close throughout, and a surprising finish. And no mad buzzer clicking.

by Anonymousreply 370March 23, 2019 12:00 AM

I really like Dave. Glad he won.

by Anonymousreply 371March 23, 2019 1:18 AM

Good game. Three good contestants and a fine FJ.

Let's all enjoy Alex while we can.

by Anonymousreply 372March 23, 2019 2:35 AM

it's not even a holiday/observance in my land and even I knew it was Arbour Day.

by Anonymousreply 373March 23, 2019 2:47 AM

I thought it was something related to the climate, but I thought Arbor Day was only celebrated in Nebraska for some reason?

Dave looks more Hispanic than Italian to me, but whatever, he's still very good looking. Unfortunately, Mr Trojan seemed rather boring.

I may not know a lot about sports or outer space, but I am familiar with the Highland fling.

Haven't tried using YouTube for a while.

by Anonymousreply 374March 23, 2019 3:02 AM

Lindsey...click, click, click

by Anonymousreply 375March 23, 2019 3:25 AM

Art Flaming! You're back! Where did you go? You were gone for like a year. Did Lindsey's clicking summon you?

by Anonymousreply 376March 23, 2019 3:48 AM

God damned tournament 😡🤬

by Anonymousreply 377March 23, 2019 4:16 AM

[quote]I may not know a lot about sports or outer space, but I am familiar with the Highland fling.

Okay, you know how anal Alex is about proper pronunciation of foreign words and phrases. He blew it on this one. He pronounced it "HIGHland fling," but the Scots pronounce it "HEEland," as do most other English-speakers.

by Anonymousreply 378March 23, 2019 5:02 PM

I think the champ is wholesome/sexy. Tough final I didn't know either.

by Anonymousreply 379March 23, 2019 6:32 PM

Saw a friend today who taped an episode in mid-March; maybe more, but of course she can't say. (Her episode(s) will air in June. She said Alex seemed fine, although tired by the end of a five-day taping spree. I asked about the staffers who are seen fluttering around the contestants before FJ, and she said they want to be sure they have the tools to calculate their wager (pencil and paper) and to generally offer cheery moral support. That break is longer than the two-minute commercial break we see. Said everyone associated with the show is super nice.

by Anonymousreply 380March 23, 2019 7:04 PM

Thank you R376 - I will just say that recovery from cancer can be hell! Ironically enough in light of recent events. And to remind everyone - get your colonoscopy - it can save your life.

by Anonymousreply 381March 23, 2019 7:21 PM

Arbor Day was the first thing that popped in my mind when I heard the FJ question.

I thought Arbor Day was a May event nationwide, so I dismissed the idea. Then I pondered for the next 30 seconds on what the answer could be. Couldn't come up with anything else. Turns out I was right!

by Anonymousreply 382March 23, 2019 9:45 PM

If you can't find it on youtube, R369, you can watch it on dailymotion.

by Anonymousreply 383March 24, 2019 6:56 AM

Teen Tournament player Jeff Xie was awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384March 24, 2019 8:04 AM

Ryan is cute, but he gives me douche vibes. And he pings.

by Anonymousreply 385March 25, 2019 8:39 PM

I loathe, despise, detest that douchebag idiot Ryan.

Peggy Sue, LBJ, Mecca.

by Anonymousreply 386March 26, 2019 12:35 AM

I literally shouted "You idiot!" when he responded that JFK was elected in 1964.

by Anonymousreply 387March 26, 2019 12:41 AM

Alex has turned that dark yellow color as of today's show. His legs were a bit thinner too. He's putting on quite a show, though I'm not sure why. Duty or vanity? Be with your wife and kids Alex.

by Anonymousreply 388March 26, 2019 12:46 AM

I agree that Alex looked a bit frail today. It can't be easy to have failing health and to be, in the midst of your decline, spending considerable time with the young and up and coming. The contrast breeds sadness. He is certainly a dignified man and I'm hopeful that he'll put his health and comfort first.

by Anonymousreply 389March 26, 2019 1:02 AM

I should have known Mecca but I didn't . Like the champ. So glad the smartass DC journalist who obviously went to an Ivy League school lost. He had me worried for a while.

by Anonymousreply 390March 26, 2019 1:46 AM

I had no idea there was a train to Mecca, so wildly guessed Pamplona. Wrote down the four answers I knew that none of them did: Titanic, Alsace, North Korea and Violet. Not very impressive I'm afraid.

I thought you guys would've liked Ryan; I found his hair a turn off.

by Anonymousreply 391March 26, 2019 3:01 AM

R391, Mr. C., Ryan's stupidity superseded his cuteness.

by Anonymousreply 392March 26, 2019 3:22 AM

Ryan looked a lot like Michael Mealor (Kyle on Y&R). I thought he was really cute, but then the dumb pushed that aside, followed by near-pouting by the end.

by Anonymousreply 393March 26, 2019 4:46 AM

It's time for the online test again, so can we talk about how it really works?

Since they're not multiple choice, I can't imagine that they actually go through and grade the tests manually. They must just use them as a pool, and then when it's time to pick a contestant from the Omaha market (to keep the affiliate there happy) or a group for the in-person tests/auditions in St. Louis, they pull up the tests from that area and start looking at candidates based on 1. the photo, and 2. the test. That's the only way that makes sense to me. Which would mean you've probably already made the first cut before they even look at the test, right? Conversely, if you don't bother submitting a photo you're wasting your time.

Anyone have any insight on how it works behind the scenes?

by Anonymousreply 394March 26, 2019 5:34 PM

Boo, I halfheartedly guessed Médina in the fj when what I really meant is Mecca.

by Anonymousreply 395March 26, 2019 6:10 PM

By the way , which show will it be when Alex knew he is ill.

by Anonymousreply 396March 26, 2019 6:12 PM

Obviously those shows began to air yesterday R396. He won't address it on air during Jeopardy, but his illness is now visible and his speech is a little less clear.

by Anonymousreply 397March 26, 2019 6:14 PM

I would like to touch John's beard, and his butt.

by Anonymousreply 398March 26, 2019 8:32 PM

The new Canadian champ lost me when she precociously bragged about how she was so much smarter than other kids, knowing about Meryl Streep at the age of three.

I guessed correctly for final, but only from his name on banknotes.

by Anonymousreply 399March 27, 2019 3:00 AM

John the graveyard troll creeped me out and that beard needs grooming.

Dave lost his mojo early on and Emma with the deflated breasts was victorious.

Blanked on FJ.

by Anonymousreply 400March 27, 2019 6:55 AM

Well, it’s no longer available on dailymotion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401March 27, 2019 8:28 AM

What a contrast between the way Dave, unnoticeably & nonchalantly, pressed his clicker (offscreen, which he held in his right hand against the side of his body) as compared with Lunatic Lindsay from last week.

As for John, initially I thought he was Hasidic minus the hat.

by Anonymousreply 402March 27, 2019 1:33 PM

John was very Northwest hipster appearing. I don't think going to cemeteries is creepy, as I have considered using a couple of names from markers to use in a story. Oh well ...

by Anonymousreply 403March 27, 2019 3:20 PM

@ R403 . You don't think it's creepy to tell that story to Alex, all things considered ? Whoever green-lighted that needs to wake up.

by Anonymousreply 404March 27, 2019 4:25 PM

And of course we once again have the obligatory fucking Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 405March 27, 2019 6:48 PM

Maybe I'm just too wierd myself, but I thought that cemetery story was more interesting than many others.

I realize it's the largest city, but Canadian contestants seem to come largely from Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 406March 27, 2019 7:49 PM

Canada has a population of 36 million people. One in three of them live in the province of Ontario. Of those, half live in the Greater Toronto area. In other words one in six Canadians live in The Greater Toronto area. And we're the second largest country in the world. Why everyone wants to live in Toronto I'll never understand. This is a big beautiful country.

by Anonymousreply 407March 27, 2019 8:05 PM

Cute nerd alert!!

by Anonymousreply 408March 27, 2019 8:58 PM

R408 . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409March 27, 2019 9:09 PM

Steven is a cutie indeed. A google search reveals that he was a swimmer at the University of Georgia a while back. He looks like he still has a swimmer's build. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 410March 27, 2019 11:52 PM

Hung like a pony. His Speedo could not contain his manhood.

by Anonymousreply 411March 27, 2019 11:58 PM

He was so cute! Is he a gay?

by Anonymousreply 412March 27, 2019 11:58 PM

Is he as cute as me?

by Anonymousreply 413March 28, 2019 1:55 AM

NO ONE is as cute as you John!

by Anonymousreply 414March 28, 2019 2:02 AM

Taste do vary, as I have a major nerd fetish and didn't find him cute at all.

by Anonymousreply 415March 28, 2019 3:02 AM

He's too nice looking to be a nerd that's why. He's cute bordering on handsome.

by Anonymousreply 416March 28, 2019 3:05 AM

R415 did u like John Presloid?

by Anonymousreply 417March 28, 2019 3:06 AM

Yes, though his personality grew a bit grating.

by Anonymousreply 418March 28, 2019 4:09 AM

He reminds me of Beto 😬

by Anonymousreply 419March 28, 2019 4:27 AM

R418 is nuts. His personality wasn’t grating at all.

by Anonymousreply 420March 28, 2019 5:34 AM

Steven seemed so calm and subdued, as opposed to last week's Lindsey.

Very knowledgeable, as well, but I was surprised he guessed the decimal response incorrectly.

WOF indulgence: Aman was a cutie, especially compared to his two brothers in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 421March 28, 2019 5:56 AM

Almost 60k for the champ in two days. Hopefully it's a sign he'll be here for a while!

by Anonymousreply 422March 28, 2019 11:30 PM

Damn tournament again 😡😡

Let me know how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 423March 28, 2019 11:33 PM

Jeopardy! delayed until 3:00 AM in Boston due to basketball. Glad to hear Steven won again.

by Anonymousreply 424March 29, 2019 2:51 AM

Steve seems modest about his wins. I like that in a man.

by Anonymousreply 425March 29, 2019 2:25 PM

I would so do Steve…

by Anonymousreply 426March 29, 2019 4:48 PM

And such an easy final.

by Anonymousreply 427March 29, 2019 4:51 PM

Surprised no one knew Howard Hughes or Miss Jane Pittman.

by Anonymousreply 428March 29, 2019 6:24 PM

r428 They were all too young to know who Miss Jane Pitman is.

by Anonymousreply 429March 29, 2019 6:37 PM

R429, That would be Cicely, thank you very much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430March 29, 2019 7:33 PM

New guy Andrew with the strange accent 🤨

by Anonymousreply 431March 29, 2019 8:32 PM

Tight game today. I completely blanked on FJ.

by Anonymousreply 432March 29, 2019 8:59 PM

Jeopardy! again delayed until 3:00 AM in Boston due to basketball.

Does Steven win a third game?

by Anonymousreply 433March 29, 2019 10:21 PM

Spoiler!!!

r433 not a big payout today, but Steven wins again tonight!

by Anonymousreply 434March 29, 2019 10:31 PM

Steven Grade, wet . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435March 29, 2019 10:35 PM

Thanks, R434

by Anonymousreply 436March 29, 2019 10:37 PM

Go Steven! I too missed FJ, though I would've bet big because literature is a good subject for me.

WOF: Rayon pinged hard lol.

by Anonymousreply 437March 29, 2019 11:54 PM

I have a problem with FJ tonight. They asked what book ended with a particular quote in English, but Pinocchio was written in Italian. If they had provided the actual quote (with or without a translation) I think at least one or two of them would have gotten it right.

by Anonymousreply 438March 30, 2019 12:47 AM

I guessed LLF for Final along with the Brit guy.

My mom wanted to know if Rayon had a sibling named Daycron? Was very surprised a wife involved.

by Anonymousreply 439March 30, 2019 1:18 AM

I guessed LLF too. But have no idea when that book was written. Wouldn't have guess Pinocchio in a million years.

by Anonymousreply 440March 30, 2019 12:25 PM

I known he’s dying and I should cut him some slack, but Alex making fun of the Brit’s accent after he gave his first response of the game was pretty douchey...

by Anonymousreply 441March 30, 2019 3:21 PM

Me too, r439. That is a good point about Pinocchio . being written in Italian. But I do think Steve is jock/sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 442March 30, 2019 3:42 PM

Thank God that smarmy insufferable English douche didn’t win. He was so impressed with himself every time he gave a correct response.

by Anonymousreply 443March 30, 2019 5:05 PM

[quote]My mom wanted to know if Rayon had a sibling named Daycron?

I wonder if Rayon is a relative of Jake Orlon?

by Anonymousreply 444March 30, 2019 5:07 PM

R443, He also seemed to be near tears after his FJ response was deemed incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 445March 30, 2019 6:01 PM

Steven's calm demeanor is most impressive, as is his breadth of knowledge.

It's also a plus that he's adorable. Love his ears.

by Anonymousreply 446March 30, 2019 6:03 PM

Wonder how tall he is.

by Anonymousreply 447March 30, 2019 6:32 PM

I think they mean Dacron, R444.

I can't find current Jeopardy! episodes anywhere online now that they're not on dailymotion anymore. Bummed.

by Anonymousreply 448March 31, 2019 4:46 AM

Steven is a real cutie. Hope he stays for a while. He looks a bit like soap actor Brandon Beemer.

by Anonymousreply 449March 31, 2019 4:55 AM

I like the thick, bearish types, so I'm all about Reid! 😍

Steven is married to a woman, and enjoys cosplay.

Roberta works as a tour guide at the capital, and needs to come sit by me!

by Anonymousreply 450April 1, 2019 8:42 PM

It looked bleak for Steven, but he pulled it out at FJ for a 4th day victory.

Hope he makes #5 and the TOC

I thought FJ was pretty obvious.

by Anonymousreply 451April 1, 2019 11:59 PM

Agreed that I felt final was obvious also.

R450 - from the voice, I felt that Reid probably had plenty of testosterone to go around. Took a dislike to the tour guide.

by Anonymousreply 452April 2, 2019 12:02 AM

Congratulations to pussyhound Steven, who loves a good bordello.

by Anonymousreply 453April 2, 2019 1:09 AM

And cosplay! Ewww.

by Anonymousreply 454April 2, 2019 2:21 AM

I want Steven inside me. Deeply inside me.

by Anonymousreply 455April 2, 2019 3:13 AM

Steven's ok, but I can't get past the ears.

by Anonymousreply 456April 2, 2019 5:20 AM

R456, Big ears often indicate big other appendages.

by Anonymousreply 457April 2, 2019 9:56 AM

Steven is an exceptional Jeopardy! player and an incredibly pleasant and charming guy.

If someone sees today's show earlier than most, please post if he became a 5 day champion.

by Anonymousreply 458April 2, 2019 10:05 AM

I must be immune to his charms as I find his looks and personality both "meh". He's okay, but not worth raving about.

by Anonymousreply 459April 2, 2019 2:33 PM

What do you mean, Dorothy @r457?

by Anonymousreply 460April 2, 2019 2:42 PM

Steven is not annoying and he is a good player....in fact TWO good players yesterday! And the categories are getting better.

by Anonymousreply 461April 2, 2019 4:28 PM

Steven (and his wife 😒) throw annual Oscar viewing parties.

by Anonymousreply 462April 2, 2019 8:41 PM

After the first round today, Steven did a little stretch, and you could def tell he still has a tight swimmer's body under his sweater.

by Anonymousreply 463April 2, 2019 8:44 PM

SPOILER!

Steven made it to five wins, and passed the 100k mark!

Anika gave champ a real run for his money but it wasn't enough, and Erich made a short run at the end, but it was too little too late.

FJ was super easy.

by Anonymousreply 464April 2, 2019 9:01 PM

Exciting thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 465April 2, 2019 9:07 PM

Steven has a great well-defined chest. I want him desperately. John Presloid WHO?

by Anonymousreply 466April 2, 2019 9:32 PM

I'd love to meet Steven's wiener dog.

by Anonymousreply 467April 2, 2019 11:54 PM

Did he win game five today?

by Anonymousreply 468April 3, 2019 12:00 AM

Is his wife, by any chance, Asian? Cooking Oscar winning meals seems so ... hip.

None of them knew a Rob Roy is made with scotch. I may not have gotten final, but I did get miasma.

by Anonymousreply 469April 3, 2019 12:01 AM

Yes!!!!!

We will see Steven in the TOC.

I should have been rooting for Anika since we both live in Belmont, MA, but I am Team Steven all the way.

I thought of Elvis right away for FJ, but blanked on Aretha.

by Anonymousreply 470April 3, 2019 2:48 AM

Some of the clues were too easy today.

by Anonymousreply 471April 3, 2019 3:08 AM

I thought the answers were Elvis and Prince. I never thought of Franklin, probably because I can't stand that over-rated shrieker.

by Anonymousreply 472April 3, 2019 3:11 AM

Does this mean that sweet Johnny Presloid is out of the running for the Tournament of Champions?!

CURSE YOU STEVEN!

by Anonymousreply 473April 3, 2019 3:17 AM

Sweety, Miss Presloid never had a chance at TOC.

by Anonymousreply 474April 3, 2019 3:19 AM

Steven is da man!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475April 3, 2019 4:54 AM

I thought of Nat King Cole and Price for FJ because the way the question was worded made me think of "king" and "prince"

I don't get the Steven love, but then taste is a matter of taste

by Anonymousreply 476April 3, 2019 1:19 PM

R476, One of the two correct responses had to have died in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 477April 3, 2019 1:22 PM

With his win yesterday, Steven makes it onto Page 1 of the ToC Tracker, in spot #7 at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 478April 3, 2019 1:25 PM

R477, I didn't remember when Price died. After one reaches a certain age, the last several years and the celebrity deaths with them (like Bowie, Aretha, Weiland, Tom Petty, George Michael for example) get jumbled together.

by Anonymousreply 479April 3, 2019 1:32 PM

Put your tits away, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 480April 3, 2019 8:33 PM

Your boy Presloid is toast for ToC. Steven Grade is our new golden boy.

by Anonymousreply 481April 3, 2019 8:35 PM

Champ is also a big LotR fan! He just gets better and better.

by Anonymousreply 482April 3, 2019 8:40 PM

Spoiler!

My heart is broken. 😭

Rose almost took the game from Alex, but he played a good game. Steven missed a daily double and fell apart; hopefully we'll see him in TOC! Goodbye sweet nerd!

by Anonymousreply 483April 3, 2019 8:59 PM

R483, Steven's a 5 game winner, so we'll definitely see him in the TofC.

He was starting to recycle his wardrobe, perhaps it's best his reign ended.

by Anonymousreply 484April 3, 2019 11:20 PM

Just coming on in my time zone....I shall watch.....the destruction.

by Anonymousreply 485April 3, 2019 11:25 PM

How could Steven have blown that DJ?

That "sharper than a serpent's tooth" quote is so well known, even if one is not up on their Shakespeare.

by Anonymousreply 486April 4, 2019 12:03 AM

I knew about the Serpent's Tooth from "The Long Secret" (sequel to Harriet the Spy).

I thought Final was obvious.

by Anonymousreply 487April 4, 2019 12:06 AM

New champ = schlub.

by Anonymousreply 488April 4, 2019 12:09 AM

I’m surprised Steven missed FJ. Maybe he was tired.

by Anonymousreply 489April 4, 2019 12:22 AM

I find the Schlub to be more attractive than the departing Nerd.

by Anonymousreply 490April 4, 2019 12:22 AM

r486, I just read King Lear in preparation for seeing Glenda in it next month, and I didn't remember it.

by Anonymousreply 491April 4, 2019 12:27 AM

R490, You obviously have very low standards.

by Anonymousreply 492April 4, 2019 4:15 AM

James the professional sports gambler (lolz) would be doable with right amount of liquor. But he seems to be a good player so far. 10k in the first five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 493April 4, 2019 8:37 PM

Damn, James is on fire!

by Anonymousreply 494April 4, 2019 8:49 PM

I know I basically talk to myself in this thread until later in the evening, but wow James is an impressive player! I enjoy a good player who also takes advantage of the daily doubles!

by Anonymousreply 495April 4, 2019 8:53 PM

Hmmm is Jack his hubby or kid??

by Anonymousreply 496April 4, 2019 8:58 PM

What has John Presloid been up to lately?

by Anonymousreply 497April 4, 2019 9:22 PM

R497, I heard he’s stripping now.

by Anonymousreply 498April 4, 2019 10:21 PM

High stakes gambler that he is, James is the epitome of no drama professionalism. He is a refreshing and interesting alternative to the parade of showboaters we've seen over the past two years. And gay as well ?

by Anonymousreply 499April 5, 2019 12:04 AM

Yes, pro gambler pinged to me. And no normal person blows a kiss to their child, so I'm guessing birthday Jack is his hubby.

by Anonymousreply 500April 5, 2019 12:11 AM

Can’t believe none of them knew the Karmann Ghia. James redeemed himself at the end for me - his flat affect was getting on my nerves, so him blowing the kiss to "Jack" was a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 501April 5, 2019 12:24 AM

Alex did not seem impressed by James’s career but he certainly liked how he played the game.

by Anonymousreply 502April 5, 2019 12:34 AM

The woman contestant today was the Worst. Player. Ever. She literally did not ring in once in the first round and only rang in twice in Double Jeopardy and missed one and got one right. Pathetic. FJ was very easy.

by Anonymousreply 503April 5, 2019 12:43 AM

R503, she reminded me of the older woman on Wings.

by Anonymousreply 504April 5, 2019 12:44 AM

Is she the only player not to answer a single question in an entire round?

by Anonymousreply 505April 5, 2019 12:46 AM

Well she did ok in the end. She bet it all on FJ and doubled her score.

by Anonymousreply 506April 5, 2019 12:48 AM

What was the karmann Ghia question? Was it the final?

I love them.

by Anonymousreply 507April 5, 2019 12:51 AM

In Double Jeopardy, they showed a nice picture of a Karmann Ghia with the clue to the effect that Volkswagen sold so-and-so many of these cars between years such-and-such. Crickets.

by Anonymousreply 508April 5, 2019 1:00 AM

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 509April 5, 2019 1:03 AM

R508 If they added, also a character in "The Producers," the gambling queen would have gotten it.

by Anonymousreply 510April 5, 2019 2:30 AM

I love the new champ!

He's unconventionally handsome, but I wouldn't kick him out of bed. Also, he cracks me up because he's such a weirdo when it comes to betting.

He could have broken a record if he had bet it all. He would have won $80,000.

I hope he stays for a while.

by Anonymousreply 511April 5, 2019 4:55 AM

High Stakes James is a dynamo, eating up the highest amounts first.

The sex with birthday boy Jack must be equally dynamic.

Another sausage fest for Friday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512April 5, 2019 5:05 AM

OMFG Anna was fucking pathetic! She didn't ring in at all in the first round and hardly in the second! Today was really 1 of the easier days too with a variety of topics. I'd like to know what her areas of expertise are because the categories today were really quite varied. What an embarrassment. How did she pass the entry test?

by Anonymousreply 513April 5, 2019 7:40 AM

The new champion is a bit creepy, but I feel he will be around for a while. Oh how I still miss Steve Grade. I miss him a lot. I wanted him in me quite desperately.

by Anonymousreply 514April 5, 2019 2:06 PM

I felt awful for Anna. My nightmare of appearing on Jeopardy—only thing worse would be ending up in the red.

by Anonymousreply 515April 5, 2019 2:08 PM

Alex was very nice about it. He joked that she just wasn't able to buzz in as quickly as the guys. That was a kind way of saying, you just weren't as smart and knowledgeable as the guys.

by Anonymousreply 516April 5, 2019 2:13 PM

It might not have been that she didn’t know the answers, but that she wasn’t the first to ring in. It’s not a game for people with slow reflexes.

by Anonymousreply 517April 5, 2019 2:14 PM

How do you unblock someone? I accidentally blocked someone while scrolling on my phone.

I only saw the last half of yesterday‘s episode. I was very surprised to see the scores once I tuned in.

by Anonymousreply 518April 5, 2019 2:43 PM

Maybe Anna thought she was coming to Jeopardy to sit in the audience.

I like James a lot. He reminds me in a way of Seth MacFarlane....I don't like that he jumps all around the board....but why not get the money, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 519April 5, 2019 4:47 PM

Marshall is cute, in an avergae joe type of way.

by Anonymousreply 520April 5, 2019 8:31 PM

Hmmm, James brought up an ex-girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 521April 5, 2019 8:39 PM

Spoiler!

Satish was there to play today! James caught fire with the DD. Marshall started well, but faded away.

Another big payday for James! Over 80k in two days!

by Anonymousreply 522April 5, 2019 8:58 PM

Apparently James' birthday boy is his nephew. Is that in the other thread? Anyway, James is smart. I have a weird aversion to lower teeth jutting over the uppers (is that called lantern jaw?). Maybe with his winnings he can have his teeth fixed. In his case (unlike the horrible Lindsey) it looks to be something he was born with, not something he does because he's nervous. He is extremely knowledgeable--might end up a super champ. He looks fine when he doesn't smile.

by Anonymousreply 523April 6, 2019 12:02 AM

He's going to be fine until he bets a huge amount on a DD and then misses it. And the teeth are weird.

by Anonymousreply 524April 6, 2019 12:22 AM

And Presloid moves farther down the ToC rung. Does he even still qualify?

by Anonymousreply 525April 6, 2019 12:34 AM

I missed yesterday show as I was traveling, but James was quite off-putting seemingly a frat boy type to me; his closing gesture was saccharine. I was, however, surprised that he knew Ramona Quimby. Marshall is dating material; Satish grew on me so I really hoped he'd make it.

I'm fond of geography, so found final, which I didn't get, devilishly clever.

by Anonymousreply 526April 6, 2019 3:00 AM

his smile is weird. It's like he grits his teeth each time. He didn't perfect how to pose for the cameras

that was daring of him to risk so much on the DD.

Today was definitely more difficult than Thursday. Anna might not have tried to answer anything

by Anonymousreply 527April 6, 2019 6:44 AM

Didn't Alex Jacob, another professional gambler, also make large wagers?

When James goes for the large amounts first, the others are forced to or they'll be gone.

by Anonymousreply 528April 6, 2019 11:07 AM

[quote]Apparently James' birthday boy is his nephew.

Yeah, one of his bets ($3,268) was a reference to nephew Jack’s birthday (3/26/08).

He looks fine when he's not smiling, but once those teeth make an appearance . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529April 6, 2019 1:26 PM

Cheese

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530April 6, 2019 1:34 PM

I like James. He's a good player. I stumbled on the FJ answer just saying names of cities out loud....when I got to Berlin, I thought of Berne!

He does have Shih-tzu teefs though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531April 6, 2019 1:41 PM

Bern, that is.

by Anonymousreply 532April 6, 2019 1:43 PM

R529, It's not so much his teeth, it's his smile. If he didn't smile so broadly, he'd look much better.

by Anonymousreply 533April 6, 2019 2:52 PM

Have you noticed how James squints when reading the board?

by Anonymousreply 534April 6, 2019 2:57 PM

John Presloid never squinted, and he had a beautiful smile. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 535April 6, 2019 4:33 PM

James has what is variously known as Hapsburg jaw (it was in the Hapsburg family blood line), lantern jaw, or prognathic jaw. He would need both orthodontia and jaw surgery to fix it, since it's pretty extreme in his case. (I researched this after seeing his smile because it was so extreme). I guess he doesn't care enough. He's actually a good looking guy except for this (very regular features except for his bizarre smile). I thought I saw him wince a little when there was a question about the Bond character "Jaws." I bet that was a nickname he was given in school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536April 6, 2019 6:57 PM

Yeah, the smile is forced and the veneers on the teeth are a bit too bright. Both are distracting and off putting.

Otherwise, I like James a lot. I like his confidence and his gusto. Definitely seems to ping.

by Anonymousreply 537April 6, 2019 7:00 PM

[quote]Apparently James' birthday boy is his nephew. Is that in the other thread?

Link to other thread, please.

by Anonymousreply 538April 6, 2019 7:01 PM

Starting off the week with the church of satan.

Also, DL fave Aaron Hernandez was an answer!

by Anonymousreply 539April 8, 2019 8:35 PM

Matthew if family too.

by Anonymousreply 540April 8, 2019 8:46 PM

[quote]Definitely seems to ping.

He seemed more ping-ish on Friday when he wore a close-fitting shirt without a jacket.

We all know about gay voice; in James's case, he has gay upper body.

by Anonymousreply 541April 8, 2019 8:47 PM

Damn, James is running away again!

by Anonymousreply 542April 8, 2019 8:50 PM

James is on FIRE!

FJ was way too easy.

Happy Birthday Pops ♡

by Anonymousreply 543April 9, 2019 12:16 AM

I was thrilled to see the Carol Kaye thread! I got them all. I don't know why they waited so long.

by Anonymousreply 544April 9, 2019 12:32 AM

James seems unbeatable.

by Anonymousreply 545April 9, 2019 1:48 AM

And James keeps rolling along.....one promo in my area says that a record will be broken this week......

by Anonymousreply 546April 9, 2019 1:51 AM

...oh....and it's not my birthday, James, but I appreciate the shout out.

by Anonymousreply 547April 9, 2019 1:52 AM

And again, the lady in the middle gets left in the dust.

by Anonymousreply 548April 9, 2019 1:53 AM

James looked cute in his tight sweater.

by Anonymousreply 549April 9, 2019 1:59 AM

The other male contestant seemed gay, and he had a hyphenated name. Yet he didn't get the FJ Wizard of Oz clue. He should turn in his gay card.

by Anonymousreply 550April 9, 2019 2:00 AM

Or he's not gay. But I thought he was, too.

by Anonymousreply 551April 9, 2019 2:02 AM

At the end James quickly shook hands with the other two and then started walking back to his place , but changed his mind and returned to converse with the others. James was now behind the other contestants, drawing their attention to him and not Alex. Alex, approaching for the ritual handshakes, had nowhere to go and paused awkwardly. Was this brief snub unintentional ? I doubt that Alex was amused.

by Anonymousreply 552April 9, 2019 2:31 AM

Matthew pinged for me; gay couples sometimes do the hyphenated thing (except for bride Chasen Buttagieg).

Unclear to me how much was buzzer skill, and how much the others just didn't know?

Final was fairly easy.

by Anonymousreply 553April 9, 2019 3:01 AM

Didn't he say he spent a summer in Tokyo with his wife and kids? Or did he say family?

by Anonymousreply 554April 9, 2019 3:27 AM

He said his family.

by Anonymousreply 555April 9, 2019 3:33 AM

So what's the concensus on James???

He really seems to be confusing our collective gaydar, and he is being pretty coy about it.

Btw, the verdict is in: NOT ATTRACTIVE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556April 9, 2019 3:45 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't call him attractive, but he's definitely doable.

by Anonymousreply 557April 9, 2019 3:54 AM

Someone actually created a James Holzhauer fan page.

I had no idea he was on another trivia game show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558April 9, 2019 3:57 AM

Bring back Steve Grade! He made me swoon.

by Anonymousreply 559April 9, 2019 5:04 AM

Why are none of Steve Grade's episodes on youtube?

by Anonymousreply 560April 9, 2019 1:09 PM

I continue to respect the way James coolly and calmly goes about business, playing the game his way (unabashedly dollar driven) and occasionally creating suspense by betting large. He's keeping me interested by making me think that he's going to go all in at Final Jeopardy and, win or lose, that will be fun to watch.

He's only endearing when he smiles and suddenly you see the vulnerable side of the man. My best guess is that he's of two minds about his sexuality and that's why we are all struggling in vain to see a clear signal one way or the other.

by Anonymousreply 561April 9, 2019 1:27 PM

Bet James wished he'd bet large on "Long Day's Journey into Night."

by Anonymousreply 562April 9, 2019 1:34 PM

His ridiculously large bets belie a ridiculously large dick are are compensating for a ridiculously small one. I can't decide which it is.

by Anonymousreply 563April 9, 2019 1:40 PM

Don't those mean the same thing, r563?

by Anonymousreply 564April 9, 2019 1:43 PM

New guy Sameer is kind of cute.

by Anonymousreply 565April 9, 2019 8:33 PM

Champ reveals he has a daughter.

by Anonymousreply 566April 9, 2019 8:39 PM

Holy shit!

by Anonymousreply 567April 9, 2019 8:51 PM

RECORD BREAKING DAY!!!

by Anonymousreply 568April 9, 2019 8:57 PM

Today's show was just...wow. Also found out he's not only married but has a daughter. He is very impressive.

by Anonymousreply 569April 9, 2019 10:31 PM

The guy is a machine. His double jeopardy answers were pretty easy--though I have no doubt he would have aced them even if they were difficult.

by Anonymousreply 570April 9, 2019 11:58 PM

James is da man!

His wealth of knowledge is astounding.

Yet another easy FJ.

by Anonymousreply 571April 9, 2019 11:59 PM

I am sure he will be on a long time and beat Ken Jennings and the rest. Why else would he have his own web site?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572April 10, 2019 12:05 AM

KING James Holzhauer? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 573April 10, 2019 12:12 AM

Alex is enjoying James' victories as much as anyone. How nice this is happening while he is still well enough to be hosting.

by Anonymousreply 574April 10, 2019 12:15 AM

James is a robot. That monotone of his is driving me crazy. I think I'll skip Jeopardy until this personality-deprived zombie is gone.

by Anonymousreply 575April 10, 2019 12:18 AM

See you in a month, R575.

by Anonymousreply 576April 10, 2019 12:43 AM

James is anything but personality deprived.

by Anonymousreply 577April 10, 2019 1:30 AM

$110,914 new record!!!!

Amazing.

[quote] His wealth of knowledge is astounding.

It's more than that. It's his betting bravery, which I absolutely love.

He might actually change the face of the game after this.

Most Jeopardy contestants are way too conservative, when it comes to betting. They have the potential to rack up big scores, but they're too afraid.

James is where he's at not only because of his knowledge, but because of his bets.

by Anonymousreply 578April 10, 2019 2:59 AM

I'm with R575 not getting the James love. He is Ken Jennings-like, but night after night of massive runaways is pretty boring. Sameer's opening gesture I found slightly creepy.

I did not get Final, though I should've.

by Anonymousreply 579April 10, 2019 3:02 AM

Guys who aren’t enjoying James are nuts. Or weird. Or both.

by Anonymousreply 580April 10, 2019 5:38 AM

It just amazes me when any one person knows so much.

by Anonymousreply 581April 10, 2019 5:48 AM

Does anyone know why full episodes have not been put up on youtube for a couple of weeks now? I got in the habit of watching those, so I missed James last night.

by Anonymousreply 582April 10, 2019 5:58 AM

James is a juggernaut. Will he meet his equal, or will an extravagant bad bet finally take him down?

by Anonymousreply 583April 10, 2019 6:43 AM

R583, The latter.

by Anonymousreply 584April 10, 2019 6:58 AM

r583 However he gets defeated, James is already in the record books. And that's a record I imagine will stand for some time to come.

I'm enjoying James. I'm enjoying his breadth of knowledge and his willingness to bet big.

I suspect he'll be around for a while.

And also, the man still pings for me.

by Anonymousreply 585April 10, 2019 10:19 AM

I totally agree with James going after the larger amounts first. Never understood why contestants always go in ascending order.

by Anonymousreply 586April 10, 2019 1:07 PM

Does anyone remember Roger Craig?

CULVER CITY, Calif. — A 34-year-old professional sports gambler from Las Vegas won more than $110,000 on “Jeopardy!” on Tuesday, breaking the record for single-day cash winnings.

The show said in a press release that James Holzhauer won the episode with a total of $110,914. The previous record of $77,000 was set by Roger Craig in 2010.

Tuesday’s win was the fourth consecutive victory for Holzhauer, whose winnings total more than $244,000. He will face two new challengers Wednesday.

“Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek revealed in March that he was diagnosed with advanced pancreatic cancer but said he intends to fight the disease and keep on working. The episode that aired Tuesday was taped Feb. 11.

by Anonymousreply 587April 10, 2019 1:12 PM

This is Roger Craig (pictured from 2010)

He was also in the Battle of the Decades in 2014

Also, before James (with his $25K wager), he held the record for the biggest Double Jeopardy wager ($18K)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588April 10, 2019 1:21 PM

I wonder if there is any category that would make him shy away from betting so large on DJ.

by Anonymousreply 589April 10, 2019 1:32 PM

He did not bet large on the category in which "What is 'Long Day's Journey into Night'?" was the question.

by Anonymousreply 590April 10, 2019 1:33 PM

Some of us may be elderly, but we're not quite full-blown senile yet. Roger Craig was just on a couple of weeks ago! He's kind of cute in an understated elfin way.

by Anonymousreply 591April 10, 2019 3:33 PM

I love Roger. I love his dorky little face, his chubby body, his quiet demeanor, his shy smile, and his intelligence. I hope he comes back for Jeopardy's 50th anniversary celebration- whatever that may be. I would love to have a guy like Roger!

But, James is cool, too. I hope he beats his own record during his run. He could do it.

by Anonymousreply 592April 10, 2019 3:51 PM

James is everything a Jeopardy contestant should be - smart, nerves of steel, easy on the eyes (mostly), and fun.....his big bets may be his undoing. He did miss one question yesterday.....

by Anonymousreply 593April 10, 2019 4:24 PM

Even Napoleon and Hitler were stopped. James needs a Russia. Nothing is impossible.

by Anonymousreply 594April 10, 2019 5:29 PM

I heard on the news this morning the significance of James' final wager. He figured out that if he bet whatever amount he did that he'd wind up with a total of $110,914. His daughter's birthday is—11/09/14. Pretty snazzy! The guy is a class-act.

by Anonymousreply 595April 10, 2019 6:01 PM

Retail manager Jeff needs to stop smiling, and embrace his hot bearishness.

Gasp! James missed a DD!

by Anonymousreply 596April 10, 2019 8:34 PM

And of course Jeff is clearly a gay

by Anonymousreply 597April 10, 2019 8:34 PM

It was cute that James laughed at Canadian bear Jeff's camp counselor story.

by Anonymousreply 598April 10, 2019 8:41 PM

Laura's keeping it close so far.

by Anonymousreply 599April 10, 2019 8:46 PM

New thread...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600April 10, 2019 8:48 PM

Laura tried to bet big on a DD, and missed. James then broke away. Less than 40k after Double Jeopardy! today though.

Jeff would've been fun to keep around, but the person in the middle keeps getting shafted recently.

Here's the new thread, r600 made it I assume, but linked it to this thread. Thanks for starting the new thread though!

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/23587222-jeopardy!-part-16

by Anonymousreply 601April 10, 2019 8:59 PM

And I fucked up too. I guess i don't know how to link a thread lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602April 10, 2019 9:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!