Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is the best way to disinfect/clean pipes in your Home?

I want a good routine to disinfect/clean my indoor plumbing (sinks) in my home that works.

Ideally, it will cut down on me calling for maintenance.

What do you guys do?

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2019 5:17 AM

Is this really a thing? Pour some white vinegar down them if they are smelly. Don't use bleach. Why do you think they need to be disinfected?

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2019 4:04 AM

Date a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2019 4:05 AM

Stick dynamite in every drain, light it up and run.

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2019 4:07 AM

I am suppose to be doing this?

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2019 4:08 AM

Metamucil

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2019 4:12 AM

Fill the sinks to the top with the hottest water setting. Then pull the drain. Do this a couple of times. The hot water loosens up the build up in the drains. Works really good on kitchen sinks where food waste builds up.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2019 4:34 AM

OP you should periodically put baking soda and vinegar in your drains and let it sit for a while. I never pay attention to how long, overnight is fine but so is a couple hours. I start by shaking the baking soda into the drain, then follow it with the vinegar. Don't pour it with such a strong stream that it totally washes the baking soda out, just sort of drizzle it until all the baking soda is wet and reacting and mostly in the drain trap. Flush with very hot water. Definitely cuts down on grease build up and has the added advantage of totally clearing out any drain odors.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2019 4:38 AM

Bury your victims rather than running them through the garbage disposal.... problem solved

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2019 5:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!