Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

San Francisco

When did to go from stand up comedian shorthand for "gay" to stand up comedian shorthand for "douchey tech nerd"

And what happened to all the homosexuals who used to live there? Where did they go to?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2019 1:35 AM

When did IT go

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2019 9:14 PM

Looks neat. Wish I had the coinage to live there.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2019 9:16 PM

Don't mention the poop.

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2019 9:16 PM

Gays are hardly there anymore. It used to be the gay capital

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2019 9:19 PM

Palm Springs. San Diego.

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2019 9:21 PM

A lot of the gays came up to Portland and Seattle.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2019 9:23 PM

This is what happens when we campaign for equality and get it.

Out gay neighbourhoods break up and they disintegrate.

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2019 9:34 PM

R7 Good try, Erna

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2019 9:42 PM

Seriously, 20 years ago, all a comedian had to do was stand there and say "San Francisco" with his hands on his hips in an effeminate manner and the audience would lose it because "they're ALL gay there! It's like the GAY city!"

Today the same pose would indicate "I have no social skills but I have $100MM from selling my start-up" or "Why is there poop on the street all around me?"

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2019 9:56 PM

San Fran = Druggie

by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2019 10:06 PM

It's amazing for such a rich city, that they seem unable to deal with poop on such a large scale.

by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2019 11:04 PM

Alright that's IT. Poop? Who's claiming there's poop on the streets of San Francisco?

I've patiently ignored a lot of posts here over the years, all bitching about POOP ON THE STREETS.

Well I'm tired of it.

I lived in SF for decades, and NYC, too. SF is not a poop haven.

Poop on the street is NOT specific to SF, nor has it ever been.

SF is a beautiful city, and if you haven't visited yet, you surely must.

Poop on the street is specific to certain neighborhoods, and specific diets in said neighborhoods. You may need to maneuver over a pile here or there in say, the Tenderloin neighborhood for instance. But that's a tiny tract!

There are lovely areas throughout The City where a blind person could meander unmolested.

Honestly, this Poop terrorism has to stop.

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2019 11:12 PM

You know what happened OP. The tech scene exploded, now the bay area is the tech capital of the world.

There is still a lot of gay culture in SF of course, but it is mainly older.

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2019 11:16 PM

Agree 100 PERCENT with R12. Don't like poop? Stay out of the Tenderloin, Mid-Market and some parts of the Mission. I've lived here 20-plus years and can count on one hand the number of times I've seen human poop.

I do lament how SF has changed, and not for the better, since the tech boom. I wish all these tech douchebros would take their companies to cities that could use the infusion of tech money -- Detroit, St. Louis, Cleveland, etc.

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2019 11:27 PM

My sister was visiting NYC for Xmas and saw a guy jump a turnstile while pooping his pants and all over. She thought it was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2019 1:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!