Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woman dies after eating at Michelin-starred restaurant

Oh, my.

"One woman has died and 28 people have suffered food poisoning after eating at a Michelin-starred restaurant in the eastern Spanish city of Valencia.

The 46-year-old woman, who has not been named, became ill after having a meal at the Riff restaurant with her husband and son. She died in the early hours of Sunday. Her husband and son are recovering.

Health authorities in the city have so far tracked down 75 people who ate at Riff between 13 and 16 February, and have confirmed a total of 29 cases of food poisoning.

--

It said food safety officers had visited the restaurant on 18 February and had failed to find any obvious explanation for the poisonings.

--

Bernd H Knöller, the head chef and owner of Riff, offered his deepest condolences and said he was collaborating with the regional health authorities to determine exactly what had happened.

“I’ve taken the decision to close the restaurant until we know the precise causes and can reopen with the necessary guarantees for the safety of both staff and customers,” Knöller said. The chef added that preliminary inspections had found that the restaurant had complied with the necessary health regulations.

Riff, which has one Michelin star, is described by the guide as offering “innovative cuisine … based around the highest quality, seasonal, local products to create successful culinary combinations and interesting set menus”."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2019 12:01 PM

I bet it was rat poison.

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2019 10:56 AM

Security camera footage reveals the culprit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2019 11:33 AM

This is why I eat fast food.

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2019 12:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!