Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How in Hell The Firm allowed such a vulgar and tone-deaf display of wealth flauting by a royal duchess?

I mean, even the worst excesses of Cunty Margaret were done behind the scenes and on the down low.

by Anonymousreply 25February 28, 2019 12:03 PM

maybe they'll rein her in now.

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2019 7:53 PM

Lainey Gossip is crying racism and promoting Beyonce’s IG post on MM. she brings up the idea that the other royals use private jets,etc. but when MM does it , she is criticized. She does have a point and I don’t like MM.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2019 8:41 PM

If the RF continues to behave like this, when Lilibet is gone they won´t last long. The only thing keeping the RF of Spain is that the former Prince, now King, is a decent fellow. If not for that, they would be gone.

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2019 8:55 PM

Kate Middleton and Prince William are the future of the Monarchy and are doing a brilliant job of welcoming the British people into their lives. Their children are probably the most charming part of the family, next to Her Majesty. At the end of the day, Harry and Megan are this generations Fergie and Andrew which means of little consequence and their children will be even less so.

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2019 9:00 PM

R2 She could have flown in and had a very quiet private shower but she didn't. She choose or had someone call the press, stay in the most expensive room in New York and had all her gifts come in the front door with celebs see hardly knows. If you don't want press, you don't go to the Polo Bar for God's sake.

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2019 9:01 PM

Why not have the shower in England? Definitely in poor taste and I bet the British people are horrified/angry.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2019 9:06 PM

She's having a SECOND shower in England after she gets back from Morocco, r6.

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2019 9:11 PM

Well, in her defense, it’s nice to know she bathes on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2019 9:14 PM

The Firm should just end her friendship with tha Mulrony bitch and ¨patch¨ things up with her family or at least her dad to save face.

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2019 9:18 PM

[quote]At the end of the day, Harry and Megan are this generations Fergie and Andrew which means of little consequence and their children will be even less so.

Not really.

Meghan is of far more interest to the world than Fergie...and especially to the Americans, and she ALWAYS will be.

by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2019 9:18 PM

I thought having the shower in NYC was a way out for Kate not attending.

by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2019 9:20 PM

I don't actually believe they knew what she was up to.

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2019 3:44 PM

The faux feminisr is of interest only when attached to her husband, and even so the shine on that gets dimmer by the day.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2019 6:39 PM

Marry a C-List actress and this is the result. Now the world is her stage and she refuses to give up the spotlight. She really is cheapening the brand so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2019 6:51 PM

She exposes how powerless the BRF actually is. Lilibet and Charles have always been too lenient with their loved ones. There are always second, third and nineteenth chances to prove yourself, and if the family member fails (not that there are many examples prior to MM), well, they keep sending them out there thinking they will learn. And when they continue not to learn they do some huge PR initiative trying to turn things around. Last time they tried that was Harry. No point doing it with Imelda Markle - she's treachorous, and has her own PR narrative she wants out there.

The only thing that works is cutting off the purse strings and taking them off the dole. That will never happen. I think Charles is paying for far less than people think, I think most of Meghan's clothing is merched that she must return, and the label provides some exuberant, ludicrous price hoping people will believe a member of the BRF wanted to pay that much. That said, they are still being trotted out there on BRF work trips and events, with the accompanying chauffered cars and security, and as long as that continues nothing will change.

by Anonymousreply 15February 26, 2019 8:16 PM

Meghan is of minimal interest to Americans. Her BRAND is trying to sell her as some type of American Diana or groundbreaker, but she's behaving like a trashy little reality star and not even attempting to fulfill her fan's fantasies of watching a biracial American be a member of the BRF. She was not famous or even well-known in America when she got engaged, nor was she plucked from obscurity. She was a hustler and is seen as a hustler.

by Anonymousreply 16February 26, 2019 8:23 PM

The Queen though a model of rectitude herself allowed Margaret to get away with a lot of shit. Margaret when young was very charming and attractive(before she turned into a jewish manicurist) and could have taken a lot of the firms PR responsibilities off the shoulders of Elizabeth instead of being a spoiled hypocritical bitch unloved by everyone when she died. Even the Queen showed more emotion at the decommissioning of the royal yacht than at the death of her sister. Well as a matter of fact when Britannia was taken out of service and when Windsor burned they were the only times the Queen showed any kind of real emotion in public. She was too overwhelmed to keep her emotions in check.

But then Lilibet was is smart as a fox. She loved all her prestige and popularity and knew Margaret had the stuff to be as popular much like Diana and decided to let Margaret hang herself with her haughty indulgent emotionally disastrous lifestyle.

Meghan herself is a very attractive superficial narcissist with a great talent to make a show of empathy and caring. We've all known people like this whom we've been drawn in by and then when they're finished with you they're finished with you and shut you out of their lives without a word. Hello Piers! Then when they manage to fuck up which they always do it's very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 17February 26, 2019 8:49 PM

Actually, Fergie was very popular in America when she started dating Andy. She was seen as a breath of fresh air and more informal and less stuffy so more like Americans. She wasnt the skinny model type like Diana.

by Anonymousreply 18February 26, 2019 8:59 PM

I can’t see any way how she can patch things up with her dad, in a phone call or photo together. He and his daughter will only record the whole thing and sell it to the Daily Mail or outright ask for money again.

She is between a rock and a hard place on this.

by Anonymousreply 19February 26, 2019 9:07 PM

If the Queen can have tea with Trump(no fucking state dinner Ha! Trump is lucky he can't be humiliated) she can have tea with Meghan's father.

by Anonymousreply 20February 26, 2019 9:12 PM

If she does a perfunctory “Hi how are you” phone call he will only complain - publically - about the level of access he is receiving. They didn’t tell me she gave birth! I haven’t been flown in for the christening!

Then he will eat his feelings.

by Anonymousreply 21February 26, 2019 9:14 PM

I'm confused, what happened?

by Anonymousreply 22February 26, 2019 9:16 PM

All I see is the title of OP but no explanation or link

by Anonymousreply 23February 26, 2019 9:18 PM

R10 - You must be too old to remember the end of the eighties. Fergie was the source of enormous attention - she was, after all, the fourth lady in the land at the time when the Queen Mum was still alive. It's social media now that makes it look like Meghan is getting more attention. Everything and everyone gets more attention these days.

But neither of them, still, are on Planet Diana.

by Anonymousreply 24February 26, 2019 9:18 PM

[quote]The Queen though a model of rectitude herself allowed Margaret to get away with a lot of shit. Margaret when young was very charming and attractive

My father who first used to go to America in the 1950s said that back then the Americans would always ask him about Princess Margaret.

Then in the '60s - The Beatles.

by Anonymousreply 25February 28, 2019 12:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!