Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Xanax

I recently was prescribed some. I took one and didn’t feel a thing so I had four more and barely got a little buzz. So I thought I’d have a couple of mimosas out on the patio.

I think it might be having an effect at last!

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2019 7:23 PM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2019 4:06 PM

What is that supposed to mean?

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2019 4:07 PM

Depends on mg. 1mg should have an effect. But the aren’t like opioids. Much milder. Chewing them makes them hit faster. Mixing with alcohol is not fun.

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2019 4:30 PM

I've been taking them to sleep for years. Can't sleep without one. I do wish I never started. Stories about coming off them are frightening.

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2019 4:36 PM

R4 Have you had to up the dosage over time? Do you develop a tolerance?

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2019 4:41 PM

I use them to sleep too. Apparently safer than Ambien - which studies have shown have a high correlation with early death. My psych says Xanax is safer. But I try not to use it every night - and take 1/2 dose at a time. I’ve gone without it for a week or 2 - hard to fall asleep but didn’t have any withdrawal issues.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2019 4:49 PM

I used it - for decades. I got off 2 years ago. It fucks your body up long term. The withdrawal went on for 6 months. My head felt like it was going to crack apart. Be forewarned

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2019 4:55 PM

How much and how often were you using R7?

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2019 4:58 PM

I take a half a I mg prefer night for sleep and sometimes more if I want a deep sleep. I have found that sometimes I don't need them. When I am very tired, drunk, or stoned. Actually being a tad baked or a cocktail helps me sleep better than the pill. But Ambien was really fucking me up. I was eating in the middle of the night without my knowledge. I woke up on the toilet a few times. And twice I slept on the floor because I had either fallen off the bed or gotten out of bed and switched to the floor. No recall whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2019 6:45 PM

Same here R9. I’m hoping it doesn’t cause issues like R7. I make sure not to take it every day. A few times I’ve gone without for a few days and I didn’t have withdrawal - just some insomnia. All the talk about the horrors of withdrawal has always scared me. Does anyone know at what level withdrawal happens?

by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2019 6:56 PM

'Atta girl!

by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2019 6:59 PM

"Xans don't make you / Xans gon' take you / Xans gon' fake you / And Xans gon' betray you."

According to rapper Lil Xan, who kicked the habit of Xanax and then also kicked the habit of Miley Cyrus' sister, Noah, and went on to knock-up some other random girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2019 7:04 PM

Again like R12, it seems the issues happen when people take large doses regularly. Like opioids, what about people who use small doses non-daily? Having grown up in the “drugs are bad” 80s, I’m dubious of overblown claims about drugs and addiction.

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2019 7:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!