Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Kathy Griffin Our Jean Seberg?

Seberg was tipped into mental illness (and suicide) due to the dirty tricks of J. Edgar Hoover and his thugs, as well as the CIA. Kathy seems to be rendered crazy by the thuggery of Trump and his goons - and the Trumpsters (as well as by losing a sister to cancer and watching her beloved mother slide into Alzheimer's)

Let's show some compassion for Kathy!.

by Anonymousreply 27February 27, 2019 12:04 AM

Nah, she's just a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2019 4:19 AM

Kathy is our Jean Brodie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2019 4:19 AM

Kathy is too materialist to off herself. She is driven to make money no matter how. She will laugh in all our faces when she creates a Deplorable persona mocking Deplorables and their supporters like Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2019 5:03 AM

You're assuming Jean Seberg wasn't offed by the FBI itself, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2019 5:09 AM

Leave Kathy alone!

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2019 4:15 PM

I've been waiting for this and thank you OP for bringing this up.

Kathy Griffin has been a friend/advocate to our community for years.

Her mistake was to back down. The head thing was iffy, but her point was spot on.

Let's welcome her back. She deserves a "Mulligan".

I've never met her and really don't have a dog in this fight.

Miss Kathy deserves a second chance.

We all do.

& P.S. fuck those nasty cunts Anderson Cooper and Andy "cock eyed" Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2019 4:27 PM

I don't think Kathy is crazy at all, I think she is an opportunist and also lacks self-awareness. I remember Marjorie Orr did a reading on her and said that she would always be angry about something, and also have an exalted sense of victimization. Both seem true.

For some reason she seems unable to maintain personal relationships, and she CRAVES attention. This Trump thing has given her more attention than anything else in a very long time and she is just capitalizing on it.

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2019 4:37 PM

R6

I like Kathy and I hate Trump, but I don't understand her vitriol against Anderson. All he did was denounce the photoshoot because he was under a lot of pressure (her won best friend yashar ali said he had no choice). Isn't that why Kathy apologized too? Pressure? If she is allowed to feel scared, why not Anderson?

Kathy said herself that she never even tried to contact him post photoshoot, and when he reached out after hearing she was in trouble, she ignored him. I don't know, I see why he would be upset with her considering the position she put him and CNN in.

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2019 4:40 PM

Is Kathy really a gay ally, or does she just exploit "her gays" for money? I have noticed that whenever she wants to put some guy down, she calls them "she" or "her". She did that to Ryan Seacrest for a long time. And then to Cooper. And all of her homophobic "jokes" about Trump and Putin.

I don't trust people who call themselves allies when it makes them money, and then turn around and use gay as an insult.

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2019 4:42 PM

OP = Kathy

by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2019 6:11 PM

I love her. She has my compassion...Trump has my very serious hate and complete disrespect.

by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2019 6:40 PM

We can now leave Kathy alone and concentrate our hating on Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 12February 25, 2019 12:54 PM

I have met her a few times. Never ever met a more real person. The first time I was a lot lower on the rung in hollywood. We were doing a photoshoot it was an ensemble shot. We each got a star to take care of, I got Kathy. She spoke to me like a real human being, asked me where I was from, what I wanted to do in life etc. She joked with me the whole time about how the other "stars" were making their people run around like dogs. "Look at her, can't she get her own dam cigarettes?" To this day I use that line. I never met someone so tuned to the BS and how to take it down (except maybe Margaret Cho).

by Anonymousreply 13February 25, 2019 1:10 PM

[quote]Let's welcome her back. She deserves a "Mulligan".

No.

by Anonymousreply 14February 25, 2019 1:29 PM

Oh come on r14.

We all do stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 15February 25, 2019 1:41 PM

[quote] She deserves a "Mulligan".

Does she get another one for pushing the Jussie hoax, and another one for threatening the Covington kids?

Maybe she can consider going away for a year (no social media, no bitching about money, etc). Then the public may be more likely to forgive.

by Anonymousreply 16February 25, 2019 3:43 PM

r16 because the covington kids were innocent?

by Anonymousreply 17February 25, 2019 8:45 PM

She’s just a cunt trying to stay relevant

by Anonymousreply 18February 25, 2019 8:49 PM

R6 I agree with everything you said. I think she made a terrible mistake by apologizing and backing down, all it did was rile up the right even worse. Once sharks smell blood it's all over. Personally I found the photo shoot distasteful but it is interesting that the photographer behind it, Tyler Shields, has not received much backlash at all. I also felt that the mainstream media was way too deferential to the right in the way they covered this story. Liberal journalists condemned Griffin with seemingly more enthusiasm than they condemned trumps policies. Many lib journalists seem desperate for little cookies of approval from the right, and I think that played a huge part in how they covered this story. Throwing Griffin to the wolves was a small price to pay for keeping their corporate overlords happy. There was an absurd amount of overreaction to this event and no one seemed to want to call out the Trumps BS about it. Remember when Melania claimed that Barron saw the photo and thought it was his father? Bullshit, even Barron isn't that mentally slow. But for days the news media repeated that dubious claim as fact.

by Anonymousreply 19February 25, 2019 8:56 PM

Trump BROKE HER with a single tweet.

by Anonymousreply 20February 25, 2019 9:01 PM

R20 No what broke her was the over the top histrionic reaction to a tasteless joke. I hated all the ridiculous moral posturing over it , as if Trump doesn't say or do obscene things every day.

by Anonymousreply 21February 26, 2019 7:08 PM

Being Shunned is mental anguish. I feel for Kathy. She doesn't deserve the bullshit. I hope she comes back to herself...funny, unapologetic and whole.

by Anonymousreply 22February 26, 2019 7:16 PM

[quote]I hope she comes back to herself...funny, unapologetic and whole.

Um...this whole ordeal has proven that's not who she is.

by Anonymousreply 23February 26, 2019 7:26 PM

The best thing Kathy could’ve done after this whole Trump fiasco would be to come back better and funnier than ever. Go back to making fun of celebs and tell ridiculous stories about her former “friends” who alienated her once the Trump photo fiasco happened.

But...she didn’t. She decided to double down on playing the victim and the SJW shit. Now she’s just another humorless, self-righteous celebrity making the same played out points about Trump and the right without a single joke to be had.

It’s a real shame because at her peak, she was one of the funniest comedians out there.

by Anonymousreply 24February 26, 2019 7:53 PM

R24 In hindsight, yes, she might have handled things better. But the onslaught was absolutely relentless and all of the people who should have been defending her right to free speech were fleeing like rats on a sinking ship. Imagine being a source of constant vicious abuse from the right ,then having your mealy leftist friends turn on you as well. Leftists are the biggest cowards when it comes to defending their own , in contrast to republicans who will always stand by their own. For ages, CNN and the major news networks were covering this as the Worst Thing Ever and just piling on. Every time I saw some earnest looking commentator going on about how Griffin went "too far " I couldn't stop rolling my eyes. Yeah, we get it, the photo was crude but this struck me as a witch hunt.

by Anonymousreply 25February 26, 2019 8:05 PM

No one should suffer what she had to go through.

by Anonymousreply 26February 27, 2019 12:03 AM

R26 = Kathy

by Anonymousreply 27February 27, 2019 12:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!