Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I’m putting out a trap or my neighbor’s cat

Got the trap from animal control. Neighbor keeps letting her cat out at all hours and it’s leaving paw prints all over my car. Animal control will come get it once I have it in the trap.

by Anonymousreply 52February 23, 2019 4:01 AM

*for my neighbor’s cat

by Anonymousreply 1February 20, 2019 11:29 PM

4/10

by Anonymousreply 2February 20, 2019 11:30 PM

Why don't you eat it?

by Anonymousreply 3February 20, 2019 11:31 PM

You're punishing the cat and that doesn't seem right.

by Anonymousreply 4February 20, 2019 11:31 PM

My neighbor's cat shits in my garden. Digs and shits.

She gave me some repellent but it doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 5February 20, 2019 11:34 PM

Really though, who gives a fuck about paw prints on your car?

by Anonymousreply 6February 20, 2019 11:35 PM

No garage?

by Anonymousreply 7February 20, 2019 11:40 PM

You're a jerk, OP

by Anonymousreply 8February 20, 2019 11:52 PM

OP, the paw prints are NOT from the cat...

by Anonymousreply 9February 20, 2019 11:53 PM

You got coons.

by Anonymousreply 10February 20, 2019 11:55 PM

OP. You’re a fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 11February 20, 2019 11:57 PM

Get a hobby OP, leave the damn cat alone.

by Anonymousreply 12February 20, 2019 11:57 PM

Today is the International Day of The Cat. You are a cruel motherfucker OP.

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2019 12:00 AM

I put out food every day for the stray kittehs. They can't help it: we all need to eat. I don't think I'm the only person on my street who feeds them, either. You do realize you'll make a lifelong enemy of your neighbor. If I had my own cat, and someone did that to my cat, I'd make their life hell. Just keep a chamois cloth handy to wipe the prints off your fricking car.

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2019 12:17 AM

The owner of the cat is the real culprit - and I have a similar problem with a neighbor who has a destructive, out of control cat. I've had 2 big fights with her and I'm not going to put up with this shit anymore. If the owner won't take responsibility then YOU have to do what you think what is right for yourself. I have and I will do so again.

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2019 12:18 AM

Good for you, OP. If people have pets, they should keep them contained.

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2019 12:20 AM

R14 or you could keep your cat off his car. Why is it his responsibility to clean up after your cat? I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 17February 21, 2019 12:20 AM

Get another cat (another neighbor's or a stray will do) and kill it. Put its carcass in your yard, like a scarecrow. This will deter the criminal cat from invading your property. Hope that helps.

by Anonymousreply 18February 21, 2019 12:24 AM

Listen you fools OP is trying to provoke you - don’t be morons and get ouhtraged. Use this as an opportunity to reply wittily do we can all have a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 19February 21, 2019 12:29 AM

R17, I already mentioned that I don't have a cat. If I had a cat, it would be an indoor cat, so my neighbors would never have to worry. But I also mentioned that I know some of my neighbors also look out for the strays. Someone living on my street who would trap a cat would become a complete pariah. My neighbors are all pretty nice (the ones I know, at least).

by Anonymousreply 20February 21, 2019 12:34 AM

Much like Meghan Markle threads, animal threads bring out the humorless simpletons.

by Anonymousreply 21February 21, 2019 12:34 AM

Don't feel bad, OP. If that cat had the chance, he'd trap you and fart in your face, and you know it. Best to show him who's boss before things get out of hand.

by Anonymousreply 22February 21, 2019 12:35 AM

God knows what will show up in that trap tonight.

by Anonymousreply 23February 21, 2019 12:37 AM

DEAR GOD NOT CHOUPETTE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 24February 21, 2019 1:11 AM

I think it’s one of OP’s tricks shitting in his garden.

by Anonymousreply 25February 21, 2019 1:16 AM

You sweat the small stuff, OP.

by Anonymousreply 26February 21, 2019 1:22 AM

OP = Almira Gulch

by Anonymousreply 27February 21, 2019 1:30 AM

R5 your neighbor gave you “repellent “ for your garden?

Gurl you gotta sprinkle some acid around to stop that shit.

by Anonymousreply 28February 21, 2019 1:32 AM

There are a lot of feral cats where I live, probably over 50. Our HOA forbids feeding animals outdoors, but people feed the cats anyway. I see this because I deliver the newsletter.

The city won't do much. The Humane Society will loan traps, but the only thing you can do is take the cat to be neutered or spayed, then returned home. The pound and humane society won't allow cats to be surrendered, because there are too damn many of them.

The cats shit and piss and puke on everything. After awhile if you don't keep up with it, the area around your house begins to smell like piss and shit. The cats fight at 3 am over who gets to sleep on the porch chairs. They pissed on my friend's car's windshield one evening when he was visiting.

Coyotes come to town in springtime (any day now) and they eat a lot of the cats. But this year I notice the cat population is dropping even though the coyotes aren't here yet. I suspect somebody is taking matters into his own hands.

I was going to date this guy, then I found out he got beat up by his neighbor because he was feeding cats. I felt sorry for the neighbor and I decided not to date the guy. Feeding stray cats outdoors in an urban or suburban area is trashy behavior.

by Anonymousreply 29February 21, 2019 2:24 AM

R29 Say what??!! Feeding stray cats in any area is the humane thing to do. Both the neighbor and yourself have a big clinker in your thinker.

by Anonymousreply 30February 21, 2019 3:42 AM

Stray cats kill native fauna.

Stray cats bring disease.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 21, 2019 3:45 AM

My old neighbor's cat used to walk on top of the wall that separated our back yards, stop at the same spot, then point its ass my way and shit into my back yard. It did this around the same time every afternoon. No joke; I even recorded it three times. My solution? I went to Costco and bought five massive containers of cayenne pepper then laid a big river of it on top the wall. That afternoon, that damned cat jumped on the wall, stepped in the pepper and sniffed it. It must have inhaled a healthy dose, because it threw itself off the wall into their backyard. Caught that on my cell phone, too. The cat sauntering on the wall and shitting into my yard stopped right then.

So, OP, I feel your pain. But there are other ways to deal.

by Anonymousreply 32February 21, 2019 3:51 AM

Be thankful that I'm not your neighbor r32.

Trust me, you would feel my pain, and the pain of that poor cat that you may have murdered. You should be ashamed of you inhumane behaviour, but you're not smart enough.

I come from a town that loves it's animals, and we don't tolerate people like you and OP. You'd be behind bars where, no doubt, some inmates would arrange for you to be nuetered. Karma is a bitch ..........

by Anonymousreply 33February 21, 2019 2:54 PM

🐾😹🐾😹🐾😹🐾😹🐾😹🐾😹🐾😹🐾😹🐾😹🐾😹🐾

[bold] PAW PRINTS ON HI CAR !

WHAT A PUSSY !

by Anonymousreply 34February 21, 2019 3:00 PM

Eat shit and die, OP.

by Anonymousreply 35February 21, 2019 4:09 PM

[quote]Say what??!! Feeding stray cats in any area is the humane thing to do. Both the neighbor and yourself have a big clinker in your thinker.

Your stupidity directly hurts animals.

by Anonymousreply 36February 21, 2019 10:44 PM

If Bertrand Russell were here, he'd have good comment to make about people who adore pet animals but ignore the human detritus that collect on the outskirts of towns.

by Anonymousreply 37February 21, 2019 11:30 PM

OP, die in a grease fire.

Cats and all animals are blessings. You're the curse.

by Anonymousreply 38February 21, 2019 11:42 PM

OP is within his rights. The prior occupants of my current home had fed a stray feral cat, when I moved in I naturally didn't continue the practice. This pissed the (male) cat off a lot, because he then proceeded to spray my front door every night, causing a horrible stench all over my first floor. It was unbearable in the summer when hot, and no amount of kitty repellent or washing the front door would fix it. I thought I'd have to move.

I got a feral cat trap from the local humane society, set it out and after catching a couple of skunks first, got my target. I then drove him 25 miles away and let him out in a wooded area. Presto! problem solved. Never saw him again. Cats can cause a lot of damage and trouble, not everyone wants to deal with these issues.

by Anonymousreply 39February 21, 2019 11:49 PM

I've written a letter to Tabby...

by Anonymousreply 40February 22, 2019 12:03 AM

I have a Cat Woman living next to me who feeds filthy, yowling stray cats.

She's a first generation migrant who's never bothered to learn our language but she talks cat-talk.

The neighbours hired cat trap from the local humane society and they caught 8 in one night.

by Anonymousreply 41February 22, 2019 12:03 AM

I have always left food and water for my neighborhood strays, especially during the hot, humid summer months, and the brutal winter months here in the northeast. I don't want them scrounging around hoping to fine enough to eat. In the winter, I have brought then into my home so that the don't freeze to death when our temperatures dip to single digit/ below zero degrees. They are my personal charity and I do everything in my power to make certain that they are fed and watered, and have shelter as needed. They are so appreciative, and give so much back. It's worth the effort to know that I can make their lives a little better.

by Anonymousreply 42February 22, 2019 7:25 PM

OP is Jeffrey Dahmer's cousin.

by Anonymousreply 43February 22, 2019 7:30 PM

[quote]They are so appreciative, and give so much back. It's worth the effort to know that I can make their lives a little better.

Totally delusional. Stray cats have no conscience or loyalty ffs. Stop feeding them you're ruining the neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 44February 22, 2019 10:10 PM

Today's pet owner are THE WORST! Most pet owners are bi polar mental cases who treat their animals as humans.

by Anonymousreply 45February 22, 2019 10:16 PM

r38 = bi polar mental case

by Anonymousreply 46February 22, 2019 10:18 PM

Remember that video where the cat jumped on the woman's head and she went around and around, trying to shake it off? That could happen to the op but I would rather it happened to Trump. Wow! That would be such a great video!

by Anonymousreply 47February 22, 2019 10:24 PM

I'm a cat lover, but what in hell do feral cats "give back," R42???

by Anonymousreply 48February 22, 2019 11:10 PM

Well r44 ......... If you were homeless and starving, and I had limited cash flow, you'd be sneaking food out of the cat's dishes because I easily would choose them over you.

by Anonymousreply 49February 22, 2019 11:12 PM

Dear R42, your speech is reminding me of Greta Ohlsson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 22, 2019 11:25 PM

Greta who?

You must be really old ...............

by Anonymousreply 51February 22, 2019 11:28 PM

Some humans posting here are far more feral than any stay cats in my neighborhood, and should be dealt with in the appropriate manner.

by Anonymousreply 52February 23, 2019 4:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!