Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is anyone else getting tired of Kathy Griffin's constant complaining?

I got why she was upset after the photoshoot, but she has a ton of support now, just had a supremely successful tour (she said she made 4 million dollars off it), has been on every late-night show, has used every opportunity to trash anyone who has ever crossed her, has got the cover of mags like THR to tell her side of the story and now has a film coming up at SXSW, which I am guessing will be another "takedown" of her enemies etc. So why is she still complaining? I follow her on twitter and she hasn't made a joke in years. Every tweet is angry, bitter, resentful. I get reacting to things, but why randomly bring up her beef with her neighbor THAT SHE ALREADY MADE A FUSS ABOUT LAST YEAR.

don't get me wrong, I have been a fan for a long time, but it's like ... enough. We get it.

by Anonymousreply 110March 13, 2019 8:54 AM

I’m tired of privileged breeder bitches in general.

by Anonymousreply 1February 20, 2019 7:24 PM

I guess it's easier to just lump people together based on their gender and sexuality than to hold an intelligent opinion.

by Anonymousreply 2February 20, 2019 7:28 PM

She’s mad at everyone lately it seems and in her tv interviews I’ve seen lately she seems very manic.

by Anonymousreply 3February 20, 2019 7:30 PM

R2

what are you referring to?

by Anonymousreply 4February 20, 2019 7:30 PM

anyone planning to watch her film

by Anonymousreply 5February 20, 2019 7:55 PM

Her veneer is wearing thin.

by Anonymousreply 6February 20, 2019 8:01 PM

I'm assuming R2 is rightly referring to R1.

by Anonymousreply 7February 20, 2019 8:05 PM

Does her mother even speak to her anymore?

by Anonymousreply 8February 20, 2019 8:11 PM

God yes. And she's turned really manic, even for her.

by Anonymousreply 9February 20, 2019 8:15 PM

I had to unfollow her Twitter for the exact same reasons, OP. Everything is a grievance. She’s still better off financially than the majority of Americans, it’s kind of hard to take.

by Anonymousreply 10February 20, 2019 8:17 PM

R7

thank you, I was confused

by Anonymousreply 11February 20, 2019 8:18 PM

Kunty Griffin

by Anonymousreply 12February 20, 2019 8:19 PM

I think her mother has dementia- not sure if she still recognizes her....

by Anonymousreply 13February 20, 2019 8:21 PM

Right? R10 It is especially weird because she also likes to clap back at Don Jr and co with tweets bragging about how successful she is and how much money she has made, and that just makes her other tweets seem even more incongruous

Honestly, her tweets about her neighbor really rubbed me the wrong way because she started to say "this isn't about me! I am standing up for other communities! I don't feel safe in my own house!" and it's just ... you live in a Bel air mansion in a gated community. Just, stop.

by Anonymousreply 14February 20, 2019 8:30 PM

She's turning into Trump.

by Anonymousreply 15February 20, 2019 8:31 PM

He broke her.

by Anonymousreply 16February 20, 2019 8:34 PM

R2 is an anti-woman anti-gay bigot for using the g-word.

by Anonymousreply 17February 20, 2019 9:09 PM

No but I do get tired of morons who start new threads about a topic for which there must be least 10 existing ones.

by Anonymousreply 18February 20, 2019 9:12 PM

Damn R6, R8, R12, R15 is very passionate about this - you really needed that many posts?

by Anonymousreply 19February 20, 2019 9:15 PM

R18

could you point me to an existing thread kathy?

by Anonymousreply 20February 20, 2019 10:24 PM

R20, go to the link below, type the word Griffin, click 'search recent'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 20, 2019 10:31 PM

I don't see any thread about people being tired of her complaining

by Anonymousreply 22February 20, 2019 10:37 PM

Kathy Griffith has turned into a total skank. Her father would turn over in his grave if he could see her. Does anyone know if Kathy ever appeared on any of her father’s shows when she was a kid?

by Anonymousreply 23February 20, 2019 10:45 PM

She was investigated by the Oval Office where she faced felony charges for something she thought was innocuous (yeah, I know: hindsight is always 20/20) all while her sister was dying of cancer. All the while she has had to deal with harassment and even death threats through a variety of media (going on to this day). Those targeting her even went so far as to do the same to said sister while she was literally dying in hospice. So the fact that Kathy was able to turn it around and remain relevant: kudos to her. And yeah: after an experience like that I can easily see how one could become loud and edgy. Through it all Kathy does have a point -- while I personally wouldn't pose for a picture like that, the act was still protected under the First Amendment and Kathy became the proverbial canary in the coal mine. If they can do it to her (a self-labelled D-list celebrity/comedienne), imagine who else they can do it to and where else they can move the line to what would be considered "inappropriate."

by Anonymousreply 24February 20, 2019 10:53 PM

Did she ever walk back on that tweet calling for the Covington kids to be doxed?

by Anonymousreply 25February 20, 2019 11:04 PM

I feel like she's nearly lost her mind due to the way she was hounded by Trump and his goons. She's our Jean Seberg.

by Anonymousreply 26February 20, 2019 11:47 PM

She was on a podcast recently and gave her net worth and earnings. She said she’s worth 30 million plus her home which she purchased for 10 million in cash and is now worth 15 so she’s not going to the poorhouse in this lifetime.

Honestly I do think she’s lost her mind. In addition to all the things listed above her boyfriend/manager left her, her mother got rapid onset dementia and I don’t believe she can communicate, her brother died from cancer not that long ago......I think she needs some professional help and it’s the one thing I haven’t heard her mention. Leave out the Trump fiasco, if I had lawsuits from neighbors, a breakup, an ill mother and two siblings who lost cancer battles in a short space of time I would be beat down and in a very bad place.

I heard her say on that same podcast that she moved in one of her gays and also the decorator redoing her house is living in. It just seeemed sad to me. A rich, old lady all alone is this big, cold house with no loved ones left to support her.

So while I’ve unfollowed her on Twitter and I scroll quickly over all the ‘Fuck Trump’ merch she posts on Instagram, I feel bad for her as a person and I don’t think she’s mentally well at all. I used to love her early standup and I always admired her success. I like seeing people with no connections and no family money ‘make it’. I can’t help but compare her to Joan Rivers and it’s interesting how Joan kept coming back after all the firings and suicides and bankruptcies. JR was angry and bitter but she never imploded like Kathy is doing right now. I wonder what Joan would have thought had she lived to see this happen to Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 27February 21, 2019 3:36 AM

No longer a fan. She is too into being a professional victim and lost the ‘funny.’

by Anonymousreply 28February 21, 2019 3:44 AM

Get a clue, Kath:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 21, 2019 3:50 AM

The more she beats the Trump thing with the merch and all the more power she gives him. All of her attention is focused on him and he’s a narcissist so he doesn’t care if she is selling ‘love Trump’ shirts or ‘fuck Trump’ shirts. Attention is attention to him. She made a total balls of the whole thing from the beginning with the apology and the “He broke me” press conference but imo she should have done a Whoopi G at some point and refused to say his name again.

by Anonymousreply 30February 21, 2019 3:59 AM

R24

She wasn't investigated by the Oval Office, she had a routine visit from the SS who were very apologetic about the whole thing. That's what happens when you "joke" about killing the president.

I don't know, everything about her seems performative to me, even her grief.

by Anonymousreply 31February 21, 2019 10:39 PM

She's tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 32February 21, 2019 10:40 PM

Clearly she's had an infusion of young people's blood.

by Anonymousreply 33February 21, 2019 10:52 PM

No! I love her

by Anonymousreply 34February 21, 2019 11:55 PM

I'd forgive her complaining if she was still funny but she's not. She's lost whatever made her funny in her early years. This video was done in the past month. It's painful to get through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 23, 2019 7:05 PM

She's just not funny anymore.

All her "FUCK TRUMP!" screaming just makes her another Rosie.

They've become the left's version of Rosanne Barr.

by Anonymousreply 36February 23, 2019 7:20 PM

The Trump thing is old news. No one cares anymore, Kathy. You're a big fucking downer.

by Anonymousreply 37February 23, 2019 7:22 PM

Please. She wasn't hounded by the WH or investigated by the "Oval Office."

She's a gigantic pain in the ass, only now she's not even a mildly entertaining gigantic pain in the ass.

I wonder how she feels about her friend JUssie now.

by Anonymousreply 38February 23, 2019 7:23 PM

Nope. But I don’t typically watch her so I am not exposed to her

by Anonymousreply 39February 23, 2019 8:02 PM

omg r35, she sounds so ANGRY in that video. What was that, a standup act or a "speech" ? The part where she screams her head off about the perp walk thing is legit disturbing. The worst part is the almost silent audience (could be because of the sound mix though.) You can tell she really thinks she was persecuted. Painful all way through.

by Anonymousreply 40February 24, 2019 5:06 PM

LOVE Kathy. She is part of the American zeitgeist.

More power to her.

And the Fuck Trump ornament bundle is ON SALE, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 24, 2019 5:19 PM

R41, I'd rather shop on Goop.

by Anonymousreply 42February 24, 2019 5:21 PM

R40, I didn't like how she dissed the photographer. Kathy's an ungrateful cunt.

by Anonymousreply 43February 24, 2019 5:22 PM

r42, if you can afford Goop Crap, you must be a Log Cabin Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 44February 24, 2019 5:23 PM

Kathy Griffin's posting here. Hello, Kathy!

by Anonymousreply 45February 24, 2019 5:26 PM

God knows we never complain about trivial shit constantly here on DL. I mean, my goodness, what would that be like?

by Anonymousreply 46February 24, 2019 5:26 PM

Silly r45, Kathy has a phalanx of gay supporters built up over DECADES of support for gay rights. .

Just because you want to get all cunty cunt with her is kinda pathetic.

Go buy a coffee mug...

by Anonymousreply 47February 24, 2019 5:28 PM

It’s the Menopause that has a grip on her

by Anonymousreply 48February 24, 2019 5:29 PM

Kathy has always been condescending to her "gays". The jig is up, Kathy. You used us. Now we spit you out.

by Anonymousreply 49February 24, 2019 5:32 PM

She needs to get an IV of Prozac at this point. She's having a slow mental collapse. That shit with the FBI or whatever ended a long time ago now and she can't seem to get over it.

by Anonymousreply 50February 24, 2019 5:43 PM

I'm glad Kathy's pissing off not only Trumpsters, but also centrists and apolitical airheads. Kathy's an unabashed liberal and you don't like it, good, who gives a fuck what you want.

by Anonymousreply 51February 24, 2019 5:51 PM

What is it you don't get, r51 ? I'm pretty sure everybody agrees with her that what the Trump admin pulled on her was insane. The point is that she's unecessarily going mental over it and can't seem to be able to snap back to reality. Your ranting about politics is completely off topic. You sound like Kathy herself.

by Anonymousreply 52February 24, 2019 5:58 PM

She is completely tone deaf as to what wagons to hitch herself to regarding her outraged liberal comedian schtick. Then she has to apologize, or delete, as with her recent screw up calling for violence against a bunch of underage teens in MAGA hats...deleting is pretty much synonymous with apology as it is a clear indication that you admit you were wrong. She has become completely unhinged and is making a pathetic fool of herself. Why isn't anyone sitting her down and making her understand this.

by Anonymousreply 53February 24, 2019 5:59 PM

Again, Kathy's pissing off all the right people.

by Anonymousreply 54February 24, 2019 6:00 PM

Oh, I got tired of Kathy complaining long ago...

Why can't she just have some class? She's a fucking mess.

by Anonymousreply 55February 24, 2019 8:25 PM

Ughhhhh I am tired of people acting superior about Kathy "pissing off the right people. I hate Trump with the fire of a thousand suns, but I am also allowed to wonder why someone who brags about paying 11 million dollars in cash for her house, publicly claims to be worth 25 million, and is gallivanting around oscar parties is acting like she is some kind of pariah who needs to sell over-priced anti-Trump merchandise to survive?

by Anonymousreply 56February 25, 2019 7:55 PM

and yes I know my grammar is all clunky in that last post, but idc

by Anonymousreply 57February 25, 2019 7:55 PM

she should be worshipping at yashar ali's feet. he turned things around for her.

by Anonymousreply 58February 26, 2019 3:25 PM

That latest video was bone chilling. I was embarrassed for her. She just couldn't read the room. Though, in fairness, she did have some good jabs in there and the audience response was so tepid that I got the feeling they were just the wrong audience for her. Every performer has experienced that. Jokes that kill the night before can fall flat the next night even if you don't change a single thing about the delivery. That's the fascinating part about live entertainment. It varies from audience to audience.

by Anonymousreply 59February 26, 2019 8:23 PM

Her idea of a joke these days is to say something insulting or call someone names. I think that's her real problem, R59, not the audience. Joan Rivers was also insulting but she was clever with her jokes. Kathy isn't. Her big punchlines are to call Trump the accidental President and refer to his son as Eddie Munster. Those jokes are so hacky they aren't fitting for a professional comedian.

by Anonymousreply 60February 26, 2019 8:39 PM

Used to adore her, now can't even look at her. Professional snitch and exhausting. Like that ugly little girl at camp who kept notes and then told on everyone to the camp counselor. She lost me at 'Andy Cohen offered me cocaine!"

by Anonymousreply 61February 27, 2019 5:15 PM

Her recent comedy tour act was actually quite good and very funny, but that last video clip was super uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 62February 27, 2019 5:22 PM

Don't get mad at me, but how is what she does different from Trump? If anyone ever criticizes Trump, he goes on a vendetta against them, and will not rest till he has turned all of his supporters against that person. Same for Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 63February 28, 2019 9:03 PM

Kathy is very easy to ignore. It's not like Trump clips on CNN nightly. Don't read her tweets, twats.

by Anonymousreply 64February 28, 2019 9:14 PM

R64

you going to watch her movie?

by Anonymousreply 65February 28, 2019 9:21 PM

I’m curious to see the movie. During the tour she said Randy her then boyfriend and manager was doing the filming and they were trying to package it as a documentary but now it sounds like it’s more about her act than behind the scenes?

Also I assume Randy is no longer her manager right? I know they’ve broken up romantically. I see he’s on LinkedIn so I figure he’s looking for work. Kathy must have been insufferable or being her manager got too much because to walk away from 30 million is not easy.

by Anonymousreply 66March 1, 2019 12:31 AM

Kathy selling the Trump merchandise is beyond tacky, very crass for a so called millionaire

by Anonymousreply 67March 1, 2019 1:27 AM

Kathy who?

by Anonymousreply 68March 1, 2019 3:24 PM

Careful R69 you don't want to be the next andy cohen

by Anonymousreply 69March 1, 2019 4:51 PM

There’s an article in Variety about Kathy and the upcoming film. She says a friend called a partner in one of the big agencies and asked what he would think of taking on Kathy and his response was “Life is too short”. Kathy said hearing that was devastating but I do think she needs to hear it and listen to it. If she keeps beating the Trump thing she’s not going to come back. If she lets it go and goes back to what she did best and becomes easier to work with I think she can come back.

by Anonymousreply 70March 6, 2019 3:35 PM

Her schtick is old. Young people don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 71March 6, 2019 3:37 PM

I think Kathy Griffin was the model for this character in "Roger Rabbit".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 6, 2019 3:38 PM

I do worry about her.

by Anonymousreply 74March 6, 2019 4:38 PM

Kathy doesn't drink or do drugs.

by Anonymousreply 75March 6, 2019 4:39 PM

I can’t stand her.

Team Andy Cohen!

by Anonymousreply 76March 6, 2019 4:52 PM

This is the Variety article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 6, 2019 4:59 PM

Meet Kathy's pretter long lost sister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 6, 2019 5:01 PM

R77

see, this is what annoys me about Kathy. the part where she says if she had been found guilty she would have been sentenced to life in prison is such BS. She got a routine, friendly, apologetic visit from the SS because IT IS PROTOCOL for them to investigate ANY threat against the president, however light-hearted. Even Teg Nugent got the visit and did not make a big deal about it. Why is she so intent on playing the victim? Why does she keep exaggerating her woes?

by Anonymousreply 79March 6, 2019 5:02 PM

[quote]Why is she so intent on playing the victim? Why does she keep exaggerating her woes?

“Victim-chic” is all the rage among liberals today. See Jussie Smollett.

by Anonymousreply 80March 6, 2019 5:10 PM

R80

ugh, no, miss me with your "all liberals" nonsense. I am a liberal.

by Anonymousreply 81March 6, 2019 5:19 PM

"Life is too short" pretty much sums up dealing with the Kathy Griffins of the world. Who needs such shit disturbers?

by Anonymousreply 82March 6, 2019 5:25 PM

Her whole “schtick” got old about 10 years ago.

Now nobody under the age of 70 gives a shit about her.

by Anonymousreply 83March 6, 2019 5:27 PM

100% Team Kathy!

by Anonymousreply 84March 6, 2019 5:32 PM

Kathy is tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 85March 6, 2019 5:34 PM

Life is too short is what her boyfriend thought as he walked away from $30 million.

And what’s she doing at a power lunch if nobody wants her. The fact that she can get someone to meet over lunch at the Polo Lounge means she’s not nearly as much of a pariah as she thinks.

Still love old Kath but she going down the wrong path with the professional victim hood.

by Anonymousreply 86March 6, 2019 5:57 PM

I'm a fan and her latest stand up stuff was actually a nice mix of being truly funny and harrowing, but her interviews are getting exhausting. Give it up, girl. You made your point, you've explained it well in your stand up, now it's time to get back to dishing on celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 87March 6, 2019 8:37 PM

What celebrities will have anything to do with her?

by Anonymousreply 88March 6, 2019 9:05 PM

Kathy's the Cat Cora of Comedy.

by Anonymousreply 89March 6, 2019 9:26 PM

She’s not as tiresome here, she’s even funny at times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 11, 2019 9:34 PM

She keeps calling Trump Jr “Eddie Munster” and it’s met with crickets because nobody gets the reference.

Some insight into the breakup with Randy. She says Randys parents were big Trump supporters and after the picture people started showing up at their house and they got death threats. I think Randy just got overwhelmed by dealing with Kathy and his parents and wanted an easier life.

by Anonymousreply 91March 12, 2019 11:30 AM

She is the most sexually repulsive woman, next to Sarah Silverman, I have ever seen! Feh! How did Seinfeld get hard enough to penetrate that carrot topped greaseball?

by Anonymousreply 92March 12, 2019 11:58 AM

? Kathy never slept with Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 93March 12, 2019 12:02 PM

She's turning into Ruby Keeler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94March 12, 2019 1:06 PM

I hope one of the streaming companies buys her movie, and The D list shows. I loved those.

by Anonymousreply 95March 12, 2019 1:46 PM

Patrick Warburton was and is the hottest guy on [Italic]Seinfeld[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 96March 12, 2019 1:56 PM

Never liked the bitch. Still don't.

by Anonymousreply 97March 12, 2019 2:11 PM

She said recently that she had bought back the rights to her entire catalogue, D List and all the specials. She said she was putting them on iTunes but I don’t see them there yet. I’d love to see D List again.

by Anonymousreply 98March 12, 2019 6:01 PM

She's actually quite funny and relaxed in that SXSW clip. Good to see her "on" again.

by Anonymousreply 99March 12, 2019 6:03 PM

I'd binge watch everything if she had them on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 100March 12, 2019 6:08 PM

Pretty sure they are all on youtube. I watch them there all the time.

by Anonymousreply 101March 12, 2019 6:48 PM

R99 does she have any reason NOT to be relaxed? I just saw her latest interview and she has the most luxurious life

by Anonymousreply 102March 12, 2019 6:49 PM

True R102, I would swap with her in a second. Like Joan Rivers she has some deep fear of poverty and/or idleness. She seems to have snapped mentally at the prospect of losing her career and she mentions in every interview that she doesn’t have a day of paid work ahead for the rest of her life right now. She has 20 million and a 10 million home, so I can’t imagine anyone feeling too sorry for her. Most of us would volunteer never to work again if we had her bank account.

by Anonymousreply 103March 12, 2019 7:04 PM

Not at all.

In fact, I encourage her to complain more.

by Anonymousreply 104March 12, 2019 7:46 PM

Boo hoo.

We get it, OP. You and the rest of the Deplorables don't like being called out for your bullshit.

But until BULLSHIT is ALL you are, Americans are just going to get more shrill and the right wing is going to pay.

#CrookedDonald #LockHimUp!

by Anonymousreply 105March 12, 2019 8:30 PM

I really don’t like her at all.

by Anonymousreply 106March 12, 2019 8:33 PM

R105

Not a deplorable. Can't stand Trump. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

If only Trump supporters had a problem with Kathy, she wouldn't have no support in HW.

I hate grifters. And I especially hate it when they turn a real crisis into a money-making scheme for their already rich selves.

by Anonymousreply 107March 12, 2019 8:36 PM

[QUOTE]Is anyone else getting tired of Kathy Griffin's constant complaining?

Her ex-husband Matt for one.

by Anonymousreply 108March 12, 2019 8:40 PM

Tired? I'm downright EXHAUSTED!

by Anonymousreply 109March 12, 2019 11:23 PM

Tom Arnold also got a visit from the SS after a Tweet to Trump they felt was threatening. Tom said he realized they were just doing their job and took it in stride.

by Anonymousreply 110March 13, 2019 8:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!