Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

One Day at a Time Season 3

Anyone watching? Rita Moreno continues to be a HOOT!

by Anonymousreply 9March 15, 2019 4:21 PM

Just started watching again yesterday, from mid-season 2. On episode 1 of the third season — it's good. I always cringe, however, when they do those really effusive happy chant/cheers and dance in a kind of tribal way (e.g. the mom's brother showing up at their hotel suite and doing that chant and those weird tribal "chunga-lunga"/"unga-bunga" dances. But it's the worst when they're around others.

by Anonymousreply 1February 25, 2019 1:54 PM

A helping of social consciousness with a side of slapstick. I like the show quite a bit. It helps that Schneider is cute and that most of the other male characters are hot. The ex-husband is gorgeous. It's sweet that the characters are given the opportunity to show a deeper side, too. Don't care much for the daughter's GF; seems to be trying too hard.

by Anonymousreply 2February 25, 2019 2:12 PM

It's pretty educational on basic PC stuff, like Norman Lear's sitcoms (he's executive producer). Heavy-handed but it gets the message out to viewers. A total cartoon, but it's a sitcom.

It makes me feel so much better about mass immigration; yes, they're Cuban and the grandmother came in the ... 1960's? But it just shows how everyone eventually assimilates, and we get the best from them. Acculturation.

I miss Max, though (the boyfriend from season 2). Dumb reason for the breakup (he wanted babies).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 25, 2019 2:13 PM

I would but there are no gay male characters

by Anonymousreply 4February 25, 2019 2:51 PM

R4, yeah, they need to add one. They have nonbinary people and lesbians so... There was a quick gay toddler on family funeral episode.

by Anonymousreply 5February 25, 2019 2:57 PM

Yeah, Max was maybe a little old to start wanting babies, but he could easily find a younger woman who'd be all over that. He looked really hot in the season finale with the longer hair.

by Anonymousreply 6February 25, 2019 4:54 PM

Such a cozy show.

by Anonymousreply 7February 25, 2019 5:19 PM

Cancelled, sadly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 14, 2019 5:56 PM

There were some hot men on the show: Schneider, the ex-husband, the ex-boyfriend Max. The brother was pretty cute, too.

by Anonymousreply 9March 15, 2019 4:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!