Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Police solve 46-year-old cold case with DNA

Linda O'Keefe was murdered in 1973 at the age of 11......they finally got the guy who did it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2019 3:24 PM

I left a big wad of gum under my desk in 4th grade. Can they track me down too?

by Anonymousreply 1February 20, 2019 3:55 PM

Putting gum under a desk isn't a crime

by Anonymousreply 2February 20, 2019 4:02 PM

I hope so, r1. Why do more need to die?

by Anonymousreply 3February 20, 2019 4:05 PM

Her mom made her a white dress with blue flowers on it. And that's what she was wearing when some pig saw her and lusted after her ... presumably raped her ... then strangled her afterward so he couldn't be held accountable for his crime. It's a shame he's been able to live out these 45 years after doing that, but if they got him now, it's better than nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 20, 2019 4:13 PM

The article says the DNA was “age-progressed.” I’m wondering if that means determining the age of the perp, or if forensic scientists meddled with the DNA to repair age degradation.

by Anonymousreply 5February 20, 2019 4:23 PM

this is heartbreaking. (other than they found the mental case who did this).

i just can't wrap my mind around people who prey on little children.... ( watch the lovely bones...stanley tucci at his most disgusting)

and all these women murdered by their boyfriends/husbands/ random assholes...... wtf is happening.... why don't these chuckle heads just get a fucking divorce or eave and disappear.......this is a freaking epidemic.worst of the worst, never finding the person's body.....what hell for family/friends.

by Anonymousreply 6February 20, 2019 5:21 PM

[quote]Colorado Springs news station KRDO identified the suspect as James Neal of Monument, Colorado.

There's a photo of him at the link.

I went to high school with a family whose dad's name was James Neal, but surely it's a common name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 20, 2019 5:38 PM

Damn, I wonder how many others he victimized over the years.

by Anonymousreply 8February 20, 2019 5:42 PM

I bet a relative of his got a “23 And Me” DNA test done, and that’s how they tracked down this guy. $100 seems mighty cheap for genetic testing and I would not be surprised if these geneology services were created by or subsidized with money from government agencies under the guise of “helping” people discover their long lost ancestors.

by Anonymousreply 9February 20, 2019 7:54 PM

r9, they aren't using 23andme, they probably used GED match.

by Anonymousreply 10February 20, 2019 7:58 PM

[quote]Then, in January, through the genealogy website Family Tree DNA, investigators got a hit that authorities say pointed them to Neal. Then they conducted surveillance of him and got his DNA. Spitzer would not say whether Neal, or a family member, had submitted DNA to the site.

Never mind it was “Family Tree DNA” not 23AndMe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 20, 2019 8:15 PM

DNA just solved an even older murder in New Hampshire - this one is from 1966!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2019 2:23 AM

Wow. The TV clip showed a composite sketch based on DNA. Not sure how they can do that.

But they showed the real guy and damned if it wasn't all that far off (other than the fact that the dude is way fatter.)

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2019 2:34 AM

R5, I believe they mean that they age-progressed the DNA-based sketch of the perp, to make him resemble what he looks like today.

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2019 3:39 AM

i have always thought that how ever some POS murdered a person is exactly how they should die as well. if only.....

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2019 5:52 AM

r15, move to Iran

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2019 3:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!