Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Teen in Lincoln Memorial protest sues Washington Post for $250 million

(Reuters) - A high school student from Covington, Kentucky, sued the Washington Post for defamation on Tuesday, claiming the newspaper falsely accused him of racist acts and instigating a confrontation with a Native American activist in a January videotaped incident at the Lincoln Memorial.

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Kentucky by Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann, 16, seeks $250 million in damages, the amount that Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com and the world’s richest person, paid for the Post in 2013.

The lawsuit claims that the newspaper “wrongfully targeted and bullied” the teen to advance its bias against President Donald Trump because Sandmann is a white Catholic who wore a Make America Great Again souvenir cap on a school field trip to the March for Life anti-abortion rally in Washington, D.C. on Jan. 18.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460April 7, 2019 4:51 AM

He's set for life.

by Anonymousreply 1February 20, 2019 12:03 AM

Yeah, that's not an obvious stunt or anything.

A lifetime of wingnut welfare apparently wasn't enough for this little bigot, he needs more cheering from the deplorable crowd.

by Anonymousreply 2February 20, 2019 12:06 AM

This will be an interesting case to see playout. If successful, it could set a template for other private individuals who are thrust into the limelight via viral videos that turn out to be false or misleading. I predict the Washington Post settles...for much less than what the kid is asking for.

by Anonymousreply 3February 20, 2019 12:07 AM

Discovery is a truly heartless bitch. As Junior MAGA dipshit's lawyers are about to find out.

by Anonymousreply 4February 20, 2019 12:08 AM

How much do you think poor Jussie will get when he is exonerated?

by Anonymousreply 5February 20, 2019 12:09 AM

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Kentucky by Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann, 16, seeks $250 million in damages, the amount that Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com and the world’s richest person, paid for the Post in 2013.

Oh, yeah - that's not a stunt AT.ALL. The little fucks' lawyers even threatened (or indicated that they might) to sue Savannah Guthrie, but going after Derr Dump's arch nemesis Bezos is right out of the Sean Hannity Brown Shirt Douche bag playbook.

Being a darling of the right wing media might serve his interests well in KY, but I think he's in for a bit of a surprise if he ever steps out of KY again.

by Anonymousreply 6February 20, 2019 12:10 AM

[quote]How much do you think poor Jussie will get when he is exonerated?

We'll never know because he will never be "exonerated" r5.

by Anonymousreply 7February 20, 2019 12:12 AM

He could get his teeth fixed.

by Anonymousreply 8February 20, 2019 12:12 AM

Who's funding this lawsuit? Adelson?

by Anonymousreply 9February 20, 2019 12:14 AM

R9, someone with money to waste harassing newspapers, so possibly him . . .

by Anonymousreply 10February 20, 2019 12:16 AM

[quote]Who's funding this lawsuit? Adelson?

Oh hell, it's 2019. Probably Israel and Russia through undisclosed money laundering PACS.

by Anonymousreply 11February 20, 2019 12:16 AM

Yikes. He's going to end up owning Whole Foods. I can't wait to see Kentucky grits and grain alcohol on the shelves.

by Anonymousreply 12February 20, 2019 12:21 AM

[quote]I predict the Washington Post settles...for much less than what the kid is asking for.

Gee, do ya think?

by Anonymousreply 13February 20, 2019 12:23 AM

GOOD !

by Anonymousreply 14February 20, 2019 12:24 AM

How can he possibly claim that much damage, he never would’ve made that much even if he lives to be a hundred years old. Probably settle for much less , if you want a kitten start asking for a horse I guess.

by Anonymousreply 15February 20, 2019 12:24 AM

Gawker went down.

by Anonymousreply 16February 20, 2019 12:24 AM

It would be a bad idea for the Post to give him a cent. The First Amendment is there for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 17February 20, 2019 12:26 AM

Fuck this, that Howdy Doody looking mother fucking white trash kid was instigating and right up in that Indian guys face and space.

by Anonymousreply 18February 20, 2019 12:28 AM

Jeff Bezos is worth 133 billion and has access to top lawyers. Why wouldn't Bezos just drag this on for as long as possible to make sure the kid only winds up with about 10 bucks after the lawyers take everything?

by Anonymousreply 19February 20, 2019 12:28 AM

Another delusional child considered "gifted" by the fucking loser parents... OMG!

by Anonymousreply 20February 20, 2019 12:30 AM

R8 dang his parents couldn't fix his janky teeth? Oops I forgot he's from KENTUCKY.

by Anonymousreply 22February 20, 2019 12:34 AM

WTF R21 - did you see the video with this punk kid with the shit eating grin on his face? Show some respect to our elders!! Are you 12?

by Anonymousreply 23February 20, 2019 12:35 AM

I hope Bezo sues him and his parents for filing a malicious lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 24February 20, 2019 12:36 AM

(R21) You write like a very bitter Frau.

by Anonymousreply 25February 20, 2019 12:36 AM

The First Amendment doesn’t provide leeway for slander or libel

by Anonymousreply 26February 20, 2019 12:37 AM

I agree with R21. The kid's life is changed because of how the press treated him. It turned out they were wrong. There's a method of redress, and he and his parents are pursuing it. It'll be interesting to see how the First Amendment plays out, but we have laws for slander and libel.

I'd like to think Bezos would take this as a learning opportunity and settle with Sandmann in some type of trust situation that provides for the kid and his needs with an annuity. That would acknowledge some responsibility for the reality he may suffer his entire life because of that event and give Bezos relatively good press. Not $250million, obviously, but enough to make it a teaching moment for the fourth estate in the new age of social media.

Running the kid further into the ground, in my opinion, serves no purpose.

by Anonymousreply 27February 20, 2019 12:38 AM

R26, a mistake of fact is not slander or libel.

by Anonymousreply 28February 20, 2019 12:38 AM

[quote] The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Kentucky by Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann, 16, seeks $250 million in damages

I thought you had to be an adult to sue.

by Anonymousreply 29February 20, 2019 12:40 AM

R21 writes like his Mother-- who created this fucking entitled monster.

by Anonymousreply 31February 20, 2019 12:46 AM

It looks like Lin Wood is his attorney. Lin Wood recently represented Burke Ramsey in a lawsuit against CBS over a docuseries alleging Burke was responsible for JonBenet's death. They settled in January of this year, he was suing for $750 million but I don't think the settlement amount has been released. Wood is going to win this kid a massive settlement and it definitely could set precedence for future cases.

by Anonymousreply 32February 20, 2019 12:48 AM

R28 I don’t believe it was a mistake

by Anonymousreply 33February 20, 2019 12:48 AM

More publicity for Klan enclave disguised as a school this Yakubian dipshit goes to is fine by me.

by Anonymousreply 34February 20, 2019 12:49 AM

[quote] it could set a template for other private individuals who are thrust into the limelight via viral videos that turn out to be false or misleading

videos are not misleading, the people who choose to interpret them are. Videos show what a camera catches, they by nature can not be misleading.

by Anonymousreply 35February 20, 2019 12:49 AM

I thought those people were all into tort reform.

by Anonymousreply 36February 20, 2019 12:51 AM

He's still a smirking douchebag who was wearing a MAGA hat at a pro-life rally. The Native American veteran who he was photographed next to still claims he was being intimidated. The kid isn't blame free,

by Anonymousreply 37February 20, 2019 12:51 AM

Wonder if the person who posted this to Twitter will be revealed.

by Anonymousreply 38February 20, 2019 12:52 AM

R32 He posted a list of around 50 companies/individuals that he has put on notice...the kid is probably going to become very rich, all before the age of 18. If Lin Wood follows the order of his list, New York Times is next followed by CNN.

by Anonymousreply 39February 20, 2019 12:53 AM

R37 It was the black extremist Muslims who were intimidating people - get your facts straight. They were the real shit disturbers.

by Anonymousreply 40February 20, 2019 12:54 AM

This article has the list of companies/individuals Lin Wood plans on suing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 20, 2019 12:55 AM

Yep R39 & R41, Lin Wood knows what he's doing.

R40 is there FULL video footage anywhere that shows what really happened?

by Anonymousreply 42February 20, 2019 12:59 AM

Clarence Thomas just announced his intent to have the SC look at libel laws.

What a coinkydink!

by Anonymousreply 43February 20, 2019 1:06 AM

[quote]The kid's life is changed because of how the press treated him. It turned out they were wrong.

But they weren’t wrong though. The black Israelites riled the kids up who then took their rage out on the American Indians, making fun of them, doing whooping Indian calls, doing tomahawk chops, smirking in their faces, etc. Yes, the black Israelites started it, but that doesn’t mean the Covington kids can be completely absolved of their actions.

by Anonymousreply 44February 20, 2019 1:07 AM

Have any of you far left fanatics stopped to think this is just a nice, polite kid WHO WAS NERVOUS....did you take a look at the creepy looking man beating the drum? He probably scared all those nice young men.

Those racist guys yelling shit are the true criminals here.

Stop picking on and making fun of young kids. They likely are nicer and smarter than you...and are very likely getting a good education in the Catholic school.

Good for him, and others who will bring suit. I hope they win. Might teach the salivating left goofballs a lesson.

by Anonymousreply 45February 20, 2019 1:09 AM

R42, yes there is, and it demonstrated clearly that the 5 Black Israelites, while yelling obnoxious and hateful shit, did not move at all from their designated space. Meanwhile the students and apparently the teachers/chaperones as well, all 50+ of them came down the steps towards the BIs hooting and hollering. And when the Native Americans marched between them, the students moved forward AGAIN to surround the Natives. That includes the little MAGAt Nicky Sandmann.

by Anonymousreply 46February 20, 2019 1:11 AM

Stunt or not. We all saw this coming.

by Anonymousreply 47February 20, 2019 1:13 AM

Did WaPo cover the Black Israelite's behavior? Or just the white high school students?

by Anonymousreply 48February 20, 2019 1:23 AM

Tomahawk chops are done at sport events. So what if a few kids did that. Not EVERYTHING IS RACIST!!! The kids are of an age where they are high energy, raging hormones, biological changes, nervous, emotional etc. They are CHILDREN. Get your panties unwound girls.

I can just hear you if certain ethnic groups or religions were there. You would defend them to your next box of condoms and anal wipes. You would be leading marches defending m if they did this,

by Anonymousreply 49February 20, 2019 1:25 AM

I’ll enjoy this show, since it’s his mommy trying to cash in on junior. It’ll end badly for them. Greedy fucktardicans usually wind up with their tails stuffed in dark and smelly places.

by Anonymousreply 50February 20, 2019 1:25 AM

This thread is (mostly) a Trump troll convention.

by Anonymousreply 51February 20, 2019 1:26 AM

OP, it wasn't a protest. It was the class meeting place to get their bus back home.

I hope they win. They did nothing wrong, yet the left really showed their bias and blind hatred. Truth matters, except when the left doesn't want it to.

by Anonymousreply 52February 20, 2019 1:29 AM

The media WAS CORRECT.

That group was a bunch of racist shits. Check out all the laughing and finger pointing going on around this boy. The boy himself with his jutted out chin and smirk is a racist little shit too.

Just because the right wingers desperate tried to spin the event doesn’t suddenly vindicate anyone.

by Anonymousreply 53February 20, 2019 1:32 AM

The fact that he’s suing Bezos for the amount he paid for the Post shows this is a political stunt.

by Anonymousreply 54February 20, 2019 1:33 AM

R52. The class meeting place was at the Lincoln Memorial. Really. Please, tell us where the mother fucking buses pull up on the goddamn mall across from the Lincoln Memorial on the far side of the Reflecting Pool? Have you been there? There’s no place for buses. It’s a pedestrian zone.

What bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 55February 20, 2019 1:33 AM

Anyone on the other side of the argument defending this fucktard obnoxious child is blocked!

by Anonymousreply 56February 20, 2019 1:34 AM

[quote]I can just hear you if certain ethnic groups or religions were there. You would defend them to your next box of condoms and anal wipes. You would be leading marches defending m if they did this,

How lovely.

Does your mommy know you're posting on a gay discussion board, hon?

Don't worry. We all know you're just here for the dick pics. We won't say a word.

*snort*

by Anonymousreply 57February 20, 2019 1:34 AM

I thought they were in the area to protest abortion?

by Anonymousreply 58February 20, 2019 1:34 AM

YOU are the BIG shit making fun of an innocent kid. I hope this kid and others do many lawsuits. The media screwed this up big time...and the Hollywood dorks too.

by Anonymousreply 59February 20, 2019 1:35 AM

The real problem here is if WaPo reported on the school kids' behavior but conveniently ignored the Black Islamists' behavior, especially if the Black Islamists were bullying the school kids.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, I think the basis of the suit is that the boy who is suing was singled out by WaPo because he was wearing a MAGA hat.

by Anonymousreply 60February 20, 2019 1:38 AM

"They did nothing wrong, yet the left really showed their bias and blind hatred. Truth matters, except when the left doesn't want it to."

Keep spinning lies about "the left" - he's a stupid little racist piece of shit and he was accurately portrayed as one by the media

by Anonymousreply 61February 20, 2019 1:39 AM

How did the media screw up? By not showing who started it? It doesn’t matter who started it. It matters who ended it. Just like in that Virginia white nationalists gathering, a lot of racists were starting things and riling people up, but in the end it was the guy who rammed his car killing Heather who ended up in jail, not the people who started the rally.

by Anonymousreply 62February 20, 2019 1:39 AM

That can buy a lot of pipe bombs.

by Anonymousreply 63February 20, 2019 1:39 AM

[quote]The real problem here is if WaPo reported on the school kids' behavior but conveniently ignored the Black Islamists' behavior, especially if the Black Islamists were bullying the school kids.

So because they were bullied by the Black Islamists, they can do whatever they want? A lot of school shooters were bullied too but do people blame the shooters or do they blame the bullies? You have to take responsibility for your own actions, regardless of if you were bullied into reacting.

by Anonymousreply 64February 20, 2019 1:42 AM

If any of you think this kid or any Stormy Daniels type is paying anything to their ambulance chasing attorneys you’re wrong. Pro Bono for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 65February 20, 2019 1:44 AM

No no no R64 you're missing my point. My point was that WaPo chose to ignore the Black Islamists' behavior and only reported on the school kids because of their bias since at least one kid was wearing a MAGA hat. I didn't say anyone was right or wrong for bullying or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 66February 20, 2019 1:44 AM

This is funny; he's suing the Post for making him look bad, but this lawsuit makes him look REALLY bad. I don't think he has a case at all. The little prick.

by Anonymousreply 67February 20, 2019 1:47 AM

BLACK ISRAELITES! Get it right. They're Black Jews from another Pew. Or so they claim. They're not Islamists. And they don't matter. These boys were racist towards the Native American man and were behaving badly even before he showed up. End of discussion.

by Anonymousreply 68February 20, 2019 1:51 AM

I'll say it one more time:

Legal discovery is the mother of all bitches.

If this kid thought his life was under a microscope before, wait till this goes to trial (if it gets that far).

by Anonymousreply 69February 20, 2019 1:51 AM

God, I just wish Donald Trump would please shit in my mouth!

by Anonymousreply 70February 20, 2019 1:52 AM

So sorry, yes I meant Black Israelites! No more wine for me tonight 🍷

by Anonymousreply 71February 20, 2019 1:54 AM

What the fuck does this kid have to sue about? Because the WAPO posted a video of him behaving like a douche and said, "hey, look, at this douche" and then a subsequent video demonstrated that maybe his douchiness was mitigated slightly by the fact that the big, bad, and even douchier Black Israelites had been picking on the poor widdle thing prior to his encounter with the drummer? He deserves a bajillion dollar settlement because his douchiness was mildly exaggerated in the media?

by Anonymousreply 72February 20, 2019 1:57 AM

Standing and blocking someone's progress is a REAL thing. It's not a made-up thing. Stand in front of anyone on Fifth Avenue in New York during rush hour as people are leaving work, and watch the fighting erupt. I watched someone haul off and punch a businessman during a tense rush hour in a subway walkway tunnel during rush hour because he felt crowded. Who would do such a thing as stop the forward progress of someone else innocently? If the Native American had been standing still while changing and drumming and people gathered around him to listen, that would be one thing. But that isn't what happened. All the videos show the same thing. Forward motion and then - STOPPED.

I hope the Washington Post doesn't settle - but they probably will, just so that this all doesn't become a huge distraction to the rest of the political distractions of the day......

by Anonymousreply 73February 20, 2019 1:57 AM

chanting ^^^

by Anonymousreply 74February 20, 2019 1:58 AM

None of us would even know this happened if this video hadn't gone viral on Twitter.

Incidentally, roughly half the accounts posting to Twitter these days are automated bots coming from Russian addresses.

The message got amplified by Russia. But who put it there in the first place?

R73: I for one hope that Bezos realizes he's a political target and digs in his heels. Hell, maybe he'll find out who posted this damn video in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 75February 20, 2019 1:59 AM

Fucking kid is a douche.

by Anonymousreply 76February 20, 2019 1:59 AM

R68 they did NOTHING WRONG TO THE DOOFUS PLAYING THE DRUM. THE DRUMMER WAS THREATENING, MENACING. THE KIDS WERE NERVOUS, FULL OF ENERGY. THEY ARE JUST KIDS. YOU HATE THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE WHITE AND CHRISTIAN Go worship truly evil people,like Omar and Rishida, and King of All Kooks, A O C.

by Anonymousreply 77February 20, 2019 2:00 AM

It was a Brazilian IP who posted it in the 1st place.

by Anonymousreply 78February 20, 2019 2:03 AM

[quote]It was a Brazilian IP who posted it in the 1st place.

Well yes. But IP addresses are quite easily faked. So I'm wondering if anybody can track down the original poster?

by Anonymousreply 79February 20, 2019 2:05 AM

Little whining snowflake

by Anonymousreply 80February 20, 2019 2:05 AM

R43 re Clarence Thomas:

Before the Times ruling, Thomas said, a person claiming defamation needed to prove only that a statement was false and resulted in ridicule, hatred, or contempt. Libels against public figures were considered more serious than ordinary defamations, he said.

No other justice joined his opinion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81February 20, 2019 2:09 AM

I hate clarence thomas and his fucking treatment of women... how did he happen???

by Anonymousreply 82February 20, 2019 2:12 AM

Think of it as overdue payback for Richard Jewell. Asshole "reporters".

by Anonymousreply 83February 20, 2019 2:16 AM

This won't end well for the kid. Guarantee it.

by Anonymousreply 84February 20, 2019 2:17 AM

I don't know how any kid his age could handle the stress of being at the center of a case like this that will go on for years.

by Anonymousreply 85February 20, 2019 2:21 AM

R81. Yes, I’m sure he’d think that considering his “who put a pubic hair in my pepsi?” And his indefatigable defense of Trump. He’s a bootlicker with a giraffe like tongue when it comes to Trump’s ass. Nobody would join him in this opinion - or get near his tongue.

by Anonymousreply 86February 20, 2019 2:23 AM

He's making a mistake, staying in the news. More scrutiny. Big mistake.

by Anonymousreply 87February 20, 2019 2:30 AM

Can Anonymous come to the rescue?

by Anonymousreply 88February 20, 2019 2:31 AM

Those kids were not being bullied by the BIs. You trolls are absolutely pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 89February 20, 2019 2:34 AM

"They did NOTHING WRONG TO THE DOOFUS PLAYING THE DRUM. THE DRUMMER WAS THREATENING, MENACING. THE KIDS WERE NERVOUS, FULL OF ENERGY. THEY ARE JUST KIDS. YOU HATE THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE WHITE AND CHRISTIAN.."

You are an IDIOT. The little douchebags were MOCKING THE OLD MAN and BEHAVING LIKE ENTITLED CUNTS. The little douches were WERE WEARING MAGA HATS. The little prick WITH THE SMIRK ON HIS FACE WA MAKING FUN OF THE ELDERLY NATIVE AMERICAN MAN. You are either INSANE or RETARDED or JUST SOME STUPID TROLL. GO FUCK YOURSELF UP THE ASS.

by Anonymousreply 90February 20, 2019 2:35 AM

"These kids were so scared of the big Black Israelites one of them took his shirt off and danced in TERROR!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91February 20, 2019 2:37 AM

Why can't I find a video footage of the WHOLE incident that actually works? If anyone has a link please post

by Anonymousreply 92February 20, 2019 2:37 AM

Poor R90 has not had a dick in 90 years and is sad and unhappy! He loves A O C! Try being nice for a change and stop discussing topics that are beyond your understanding.

by Anonymousreply 93February 20, 2019 2:43 AM

He's playing with fire.

by Anonymousreply 94February 20, 2019 2:45 AM

This is the video that the attorneys put together about the incident.:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 20, 2019 2:48 AM

Kentucky is awful

by Anonymousreply 96February 20, 2019 2:50 AM

^ WTF is that bullshit R95? Among other serious problems with that video, it is carefully edited to NOT show the students advancing on either the BIs or the Natives chanting. And the narrator does an awful lot of mindreading.

by Anonymousreply 97February 20, 2019 2:51 AM

R33 It wasn't. Videos exonerating Sandmann were already on Youtube when CNN and the other outlets first reported on the video. The initial reporting was based entirely on Nathan Phillips account who was busy making the interview rounds. When Sandmann attempted to set the record straight, Twitter lost their shit again while alleging that Philips was a hero. Yeah, and the Black Israelites were completely ignored because, according to SJWs, they had no power, which apparently gives them the right to verbally harass or attack anyone they want without consequence. And even after all that, people still pile on Sandmann and his entire class. I hope he wins big and to all of those who are mad about it, well, it's partly your fault so deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 98February 20, 2019 2:51 AM

In addition, rather than retract their statements or issue an apology, the major news outlets have tried to bury this story. Nathan Phillips deserves the same treatment Smollet is getting now.

by Anonymousreply 99February 20, 2019 2:55 AM

Poor R93 had never had a dick at ALL. No wonder he wants to suck the inchworms of the little ferrets in the video. He is so sad and needs a penis SO bad, even if it is a tiny one. I feel so very sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 100February 20, 2019 2:55 AM

Smollet, being a potential felon, might be a little worse but they both suck.

by Anonymousreply 101February 20, 2019 2:56 AM

"And even after all that, people still pile on Sandmann and his entire class. I hope he wins big and to all of those who are mad about it, well, it's partly your fault so deal with it."

Sandmann didn't set anything "straight" you stupid cunt. All he did was try to make himself seem blameless; I mean, what else would the little fuckhead do? You're obviously in love with you. Boy, are YOU pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 102February 20, 2019 2:58 AM

R100 don't try to mimic other people's posts. You have no idea of the top shelf sex I have and continue to have. You are a pitiful, likely obese, no muscled frustrated person.

by Anonymousreply 103February 20, 2019 3:00 AM

Thank you R95. Wow, what the fuck. I'm only 3 minutes in and I'm so disgusted. Did you hear the shit that those Black Israelites were saying? Saying that to the Native Americans I am so fucking pissed right now. And homophobic slurs. See, this is what I mean...none of this was reported on by WaPo. Selective outrage. Does SPLC and ACLU consider Black Israelites a hate group?

by Anonymousreply 104February 20, 2019 3:01 AM

When all of the lawsuits are settled out of court, he will be stuck with a gag order and $1 billion.

by Anonymousreply 105February 20, 2019 3:01 AM

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE SHIT IN MY MOUTH!!!!

by Anonymousreply 106February 20, 2019 3:02 AM

R3

I think $100 million will probably be the sweet spot for settlement by the Washington post.

When you add in all of the other news organizations and celebrities that piled on, a billion dollars isn’t unreasonable,

by Anonymousreply 107February 20, 2019 3:03 AM

This little pussy won't get a cent. He should be lynched.

by Anonymousreply 108February 20, 2019 3:04 AM

WaPo is going to want to make this go away as soon as possible. He probably won't get $250 million but he will get enough to live a very comfy life.

by Anonymousreply 109February 20, 2019 3:06 AM

R15

If the news organizations discovered you standing over a dead body trying to resuscitate it, I hope they would presume innocence.

This bitch lied and damaged hate crime prosecutions for decades. Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 110February 20, 2019 3:10 AM

"Don't try to mimic other people's posts. You have no idea of the top shelf sex I have and continue to have. You are a pitiful, likely obese, no muscled frustrated person."

If you had "a top shelf sex life" you wouldn't be dying to suck the tiny penis of Nick Sandmann. And it's obviously you REALLY want to. And of course you want him to suck your tiny penis, too. You are a pitiful, like obese, no muscled person who dreams of a sex life with an ugly, Trump supporting teenager. Wow. I don't think I've ever heard of anything so heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 111February 20, 2019 3:10 AM

R17

The First Amendment protects people from defamation by the government.

by Anonymousreply 112February 20, 2019 3:11 AM

If the lil Nazi wins he can get braces.

by Anonymousreply 113February 20, 2019 3:12 AM

R19

You obviously don’t understand how this works. If he prevails, then Amazon will be paying all of his legal fees. Amazon and the Washington post will settle for $100 million just to shut it down.

They fucked up, reported unsubstantiated bullshit for several days, destroy the lives of dozens of young men that did nothing wrong...I think I have $1 billion in compensation would be justified.

by Anonymousreply 114February 20, 2019 3:13 AM

When he loses the dear boy will have to sell his hole to Helix Studios to cover his legal bills.

by Anonymousreply 115February 20, 2019 3:16 AM

R27

Bezos knows that the 250 million is just what he is asking for. A sympathetic jury could invoke treble damages.

The massive fuck up by Washington post and Amazon regarding this situation should bankrupt the entire organization and force them to shut down and re-structure into a real newspaper.

by Anonymousreply 116February 20, 2019 3:16 AM

R111 you are deranged, mental. You know nothing about anyone on here. Your pure evil and hatred emanate from your sad posts. Have you ever had a cock? Go worship your fellow mental far left progressives. You are delusional. Throw out your little blue pills. No sane man would come within a mile of you. You write absolutely disgusting words. Tsk Tsk

by Anonymousreply 117February 20, 2019 3:16 AM

R35

That is the crux of the problem. What could be seen in the videos was analyzed and the children were pronounced guilty. Despite the fact bit more information has come out before the initial reports were written or aired, Twitter had already discovered videos disproving the narrative, but the MSM did it anyway.

Careless disregard for material facts that become obvious before a news report is aired is their biggest problem.

And intern searching Google and Twitter for 10 minutes could have discovered that the story was 100% false and stopped the reports.

That didn’t stop them from ignoring their own fact checking team and reporting the fake news anyway.

by Anonymousreply 118February 20, 2019 3:20 AM

R39

I’ve been following this along with the Jussie case.

They released a list of the 50 highest profile targets.

Most of them are upper middle class, but a dozen of the top organizations will end up paying $100 million each.

by Anonymousreply 119February 20, 2019 3:22 AM

When you sue for damages, don't you have to prove, in essence, that you're worth the amount of money you're suing for? Isn't it his burden to prove that he had the potential to be worth 250 million dollars, and that the damage to his reputation was so great, that now he never could be? If it weren't for these stupid lawsuits, people would have completely forgotten about him.

by Anonymousreply 120February 20, 2019 3:22 AM

R42

There are actually hundreds of hours of video posted by various people on the mall at the time, that give a very broad picture of what actually happened. The archdiocese and police have completely dropped any pretense of charging the boys, but the instigators are still under criminal investigation for intimidation and hate crimes.

The fake Vietnam veteran native American guy, and the black Hebrew Israelite group are the villains.

by Anonymousreply 121February 20, 2019 3:26 AM

I don't know how that all works R120 but Lin Wood knows that no trial will be necessary to win this case and get a settlement for his client. The video footage speaks for itself and there are numerous witnesses, not much other proof is needed. This entire kerfuffle makes WaPo and every media outlet that reported on this look exactly like the "fake news" that Trump is always screaming about so not only does this make WaPo etc look bad it also provides a giant carcass of red meat for the right to pick at through 2020 and beyond if they want to.

by Anonymousreply 122February 20, 2019 3:31 AM

R73

Do you really think that any judge would find in favor of the Washington post in this fiasco? They would probably allow the defendant to ask for damages far beyond the $250 million figure if the WAPO fights.

The bar for libel on a private individual is extremely low. The media organizations undoubtedly liable this kid. $1 billion settlement would not be out of the question, considering the egregious lack of credible reporting by the media.

by Anonymousreply 123February 20, 2019 3:33 AM

[quote]They fucked up, reported unsubstantiated bullshit for several days, destroy the lives of dozens of young men that did nothing wrong.

MARY! Nobody's life was ruined by this non-event.

by Anonymousreply 124February 20, 2019 3:34 AM

WaPo rag targeting and demonizing a specific group. Just like the Nazi rag Der Sturmer.

by Anonymousreply 125February 20, 2019 3:36 AM

I pity the kid. A kid could have killed himself over this....

I hate Jeff Bezos. Fuck this cheap cunt. He donated peanuts to charity. I hope he gets taken to the cleaners.

by Anonymousreply 126February 20, 2019 3:50 AM

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I see how, from the kid's standpoint, this may seem great, but, as other posters mentioned, trials like this are stressful. Adolescence is whacked enough. Hopefully it's settled with gag orders so people can move forward. And hopefully any awards go into a trust that provides the kid an annuity, as few people do really well with windfalls, especially teens.

by Anonymousreply 127February 20, 2019 3:53 AM

Sorry for my run-on sentences

by Anonymousreply 128February 20, 2019 3:54 AM

Lots of troll banning on this thread. You trolls that support these sissy boys just want them don't ya? It really is all about sex with right wingers.

As far as this kid goes, he deserves not money but a good spanking to teach him how to conduct himself in public with other people and not act a fool.

by Anonymousreply 129February 20, 2019 3:58 AM

How will they prove that the Washington Post has a "bias" against the President? This lawsuit is frivolous on its face. You think Bezos is gonna roll over and settle with some half-wit kid from Kentucky? Not happening. The stuff they will uncover about the kid, his family and the school will stop this in its tracks.

by Anonymousreply 130February 20, 2019 3:58 AM

Clearly we have the Russkie bots trying to defend the little racists.

WAPO will make quick work out of him once discovery takes place.

by Anonymousreply 131February 20, 2019 4:00 AM

Everyone loves a sincere apology, R128.

Which is part of why this story has traction. All anybody who misjudged had to do was apologize immediately after they realized the mistake to take the steam out of a suit like this. That anybody wouldn't correct themselves or clarify strikes me as reprehensible, especially since it involved accusations towards a kid.

I get that apologizing likely admits some legal liability, but it's still the right thing to do. Jamie Lee Curtis is like the only person to actually clarify her original post. I wonder if she's one of the main 50. I imagine not.

by Anonymousreply 132February 20, 2019 4:01 AM

Did the Trumptards invade this thread or something?

Though Bezos should give the kid some cash and then sit back and laugh when he ODs on meth.

by Anonymousreply 133February 20, 2019 4:01 AM

What do you think he should have done differently, R129?

by Anonymousreply 134February 20, 2019 4:02 AM

[quote] I agree with [R21]. The kid's life is changed because of how the press treated him. It turned out they were wrong. There's a method of redress, and he and his parents are pursuing it.

They were NOT wrong. There is video showing the kid standing inches from an old man's face, blocking his path and menacing him while being goaded on by his classmates. It doesn't matter whether he was, or felt, provoked. The MAGA hat is like the confederate flag. It is a symbol of hate and division.

by Anonymousreply 135February 20, 2019 4:05 AM

I hope The Washington Post settles this case for $25 and a kick in the ass for this punk kid. Piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 136February 20, 2019 4:07 AM

Humiliate this punk and throw the case out of court.

by Anonymousreply 137February 20, 2019 4:08 AM

Clarence Thomas is a dumbass, rape-y creep. There I said it. Now he can try to sue me.

by Anonymousreply 138February 20, 2019 4:09 AM

It seems like any media outlet would be protected by fair comment. The kid can sue, but I think he will have a hard time making his case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 20, 2019 4:16 AM

I'm guessing the lawyer talked the family into the suit. I don't see how they can win, it's too frivolous. In a year no one would have cared about the incident, but with the lawsuit there is a real chance of screwing up the kid's future, but that is on him and his family and the ambulance chaser.

by Anonymousreply 140February 20, 2019 4:38 AM

Lol this case it NOT like the Jonbenet's brother. Like at all. "False" accusations of murder are pretty serious. Accusations of racism ard NOT. I hope Bezos doesn't fold and drag this for years and leaves them with a huge bill.

by Anonymousreply 141February 20, 2019 6:37 AM

This piece of shit. The news outlets targeted reported exactly what happened and if he has a problem with that he needs to reevaluate his behavior. I hope WaPo doesn't give this asshole or his family a dime.

by Anonymousreply 142February 20, 2019 6:42 AM

The settlements will come with gag orders, so you will never know how many tens of millions or hundreds of millions of dollars these organizations were forced to cough up.

by Anonymousreply 143February 20, 2019 6:46 AM

Sure jan.

by Anonymousreply 144February 20, 2019 6:49 AM

R43 Thomas is a fan of Sean Cody?

by Anonymousreply 145February 20, 2019 6:52 AM

The real problem for him is that the viral video wasn't false.

Lots of you fell for "the blacks started it" but that was spin. The black nationalists were vile but they were in their assigned spot, enjoying their right to freedom of speech, with their permit, and were trying to keep the interloping kids out; the Native group, also with a permit and keeping to their specific area, went to help de-escalate.

The kids were rowdy and in a location they weren't supposed to be and hostile. That's all any court, even our current SCOTUS, needs to see. And it's all in the video this kid's lawyer foolishly claims "proves" the kid was the victim.

by Anonymousreply 146February 20, 2019 7:06 AM

R104, you dingus, it was reported on at the time, and yes they are considered a hate group.

Just because you missed it doesn't mean it wasn't reported.

by Anonymousreply 147February 20, 2019 7:17 AM

Which teen?

That white kid should be sent to another country and never be allowed back in the states.

by Anonymousreply 148February 20, 2019 7:35 AM

Regardless of what exactly happened, the WP reported it as "a viral video appearing to show..."; the articles include quotes from multiple individuals who witnessed the event for their take on what happened. Any specific commentary about Sandmann was reserved for the *opinion* section. Everyone from the NY Times to the NY Post had more or less the same - take: the video appears to show the kid blocking in the NA.

Now the larger context proved that image didn't entirely match the larger context and the WP reported that - as did other media outlets. So I don't know how the WP is libel for anything: the reported the existence of the video which was already in circulation and tried to give a larger context. That's journalism. They never accused him of anything - they showed the picture and tried to describe the scene and everyone else decided for themselves where they landed on the whole episode.

Also, Mr. Sandmann is also suing the NA (Nathan something) so this whole episode is a right wing cash grab. I don't care for Bezos, but I hope he tells this little fucker to eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 149February 20, 2019 8:41 AM

He has no case. Hope they bankrupt him.

[quote]... But before the public could learn about contemporary racism against Native people, the truth got squashed — professionally.

[quote]..Sandmann’s family hired a well-connected PR firm to spin the story. RunSwitch, whose co-owner Scott Jennings is an adviser to House Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and is a CNN contributor, pushed the story Sunday that Nick and his peers were the real victims. After neglecting to disclose its ties to RunSwitch, CNN shared Sandmann’s statement, and the rest of the mainstream media, with its bottomless mercy for white boys and bottomless suspicion for people color, gobbled it up.

[quote]...As videos continue to surface, the Covington boys look no less guilty. Additional videos show one of Sandmann’s peers making a rape joke (“it’s not rape if you enjoy it”) and another group yelling at women walking by — all before the now famous altercation. Old photos are surfacing of Covington Catholic youth in blackface and a second camera angle shows the crowd boisterously jumping up and down as they laugh in Phillips’ face.

[quote]...Sandmann’s mother also tried to change the narrative by blaming her son’s behavior on “Black Muslims.” She was actually referring to a group of Black Israelites — widely known for their street side antagonizing — who yelled inappropriate insults at the high school students, as well as the members of the Indigenous Peoples Day March. This fact has been spun as the moment that changes everything, and turns a situation of clear racism into what media outlets from NPR to the Washington Post to USA Today have described as “complicated.” While we are told by Sandmann’s PR firm that the high school students were frightened and intimidated by the group’s insults, on camera they respond by chanting, yelling, and ripping off their shirts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150February 20, 2019 8:55 AM

You want to talk about FAKE NEWS? It was the narrative they spun after the fact about black nationalists also being there somehow exonerating the Hitler Youth. Even Jamie Lee Curtis apologized for 'jumping the gun' but the facts didn't change! Mass gaslighting

by Anonymousreply 151February 20, 2019 8:58 AM

Even the mayor of Covington KY wrote a thoughtful article about how ugly the images were & didn't represent his city. So the WP simply reported the incident - like every other media outlet - but even individuals with no "liberal agenda" were repulsed by what they saw. I just don't see how this whole thing is even a case, but I guess that never stopped anyone before.

by Anonymousreply 152February 20, 2019 9:19 AM

I have always felt like ignorant racist pigs should be sent to prison. It is just a wish...so don't take it so seriously.

by Anonymousreply 153February 20, 2019 9:23 AM

Everyone except the Indian was being an ignorant, racist pig.

by Anonymousreply 154February 20, 2019 9:25 AM

R73, they didn't block anyone. Phillips walked towards them, which is quite obvious in the videos.

About the black [faux] hebrews, they were there to protest against the Native Americans, They harassed them for about 30 minutes. Phillips didn't have the balls to bang a drum in any of these men's faces. These [faux] hebrews were clearly racist and trying to incite others, but no one sees these adults as in the wrong nor has the balls to even discuss how fucked up these men are. Instead, everyone went after the teen who was confronted by an asshole who banged a drum in his face. The kid showed great calm and restraint. I would have kicked the old fool in the balls if he did that to me.

by Anonymousreply 155February 20, 2019 10:00 AM

R155 No one cares what you would have done, Jethro. You're a small little man behind a keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 156February 20, 2019 10:04 AM

Just wondering whether the adult chaperones were ever interviewed about the incident. What didn't they do anything to de-escalate the situation? I think they deserve a huge share of the blame for the resulting shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 157February 20, 2019 10:48 AM

^^"why" not "what"

by Anonymousreply 158February 20, 2019 11:17 AM

So many freeper Brown Shirt cunt fucks talking out of their gaping Assholes here.

Do continue so we can mock and judge you.

by Anonymousreply 159February 20, 2019 12:16 PM

Team Bezos!

by Anonymousreply 160February 20, 2019 12:37 PM

Good. I hope they win.

by Anonymousreply 161February 20, 2019 12:43 PM

Stupid cunts.

by Anonymousreply 162February 20, 2019 12:57 PM

This thread is most telling. The fact that most of you are ignoring how IGNORANT the black Israelites (I wonder what the Jews think of these monsters) were especially to those Native Americans and how they were abusing high school kids says everything about you. And the way it was reported was NOT unbiased, how can you even say that? There was NO reporting on the BI behavior. And did the Twitter mob call for the heads of the BI? The only reason you are ok with all of this is because the kids were white, Christian, wearing MAGA hats. And that is also why WaPo et al demonized them.

The far-left leaning media is clearly out of control, bullying high school kids but ignoring grown ADULTS whose behavior was 10 times worse and more offensive. Those of you defending the BI with the free speech argument, if those BI were KKK, would you be saying the same? Why is it ok for blacks to use "free speech" to spread hate but no ok for whites? Yeah, fuck that. Stupid fucks defending the BI who would gladly slit our throats for just for being LGB if given a chance, they as much as said so in the video but you conveniently ignore.

These are the same media outlets giving the T agenda the platform which also demonizes and works to take away the rights of LGB and women. Yeah it's cute when they pick on Trump but look at the WHOLE picture. Nothing good can come from this type of clearly biased witch-hunt "journalism" that is now targeting high school kids.

by Anonymousreply 163February 20, 2019 1:24 PM

This thread contains major astroturfing. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 164February 20, 2019 1:30 PM

The MAGA hat is just a HAT. It is not something from civil war South. People want the WORLD to respect us and bring back a good economy, which we had prior to Bush 2 and Obama. It is a free country. People can wear what they want. The matter tee shirts are seen by some as representing terror. I don't, but some do. This is an adolescent. Confronted by a scary looking possibly unstable individual who could easily have shoved the kid down. The kid was frightened and unsure of what was going on; hence, he went into "chillin ' mode." The kids are not racist. Stop knocking kids and where they are from. You goons think N.Y. is the capital of the world. Guess again.

by Anonymousreply 165February 20, 2019 1:44 PM

WaPo has promised to vigorously defend the claims which is what every defendant says -- but I believe them. I don't think they will settle with this kid. If they did it would make them a target for every deplorable in the world.

by Anonymousreply 166February 20, 2019 1:45 PM

Asha Rangappa:

I just read the complaint. It's ridiculous. Essentially the suit seeks to hold the Post responsible for its *readers'* reactions on social media. In particular, the claim seems to be that by "emphas[izing] that Nicholas was wearing a 'MAGA' hat," the Post encouraged bullying

As far as I can tell they are unable to point to any actual defamatory statements -- the complaint repeatedly states that the Post "communicated the false and defamatory gist that..." (yes, "gist")...so basically again the idea that people might reach conclusions they don't like

Actually, correction: The suit does quote a "false and defamatory statement" as "Exhiibit A": the public statement issued by Bishop Foys and the Dicese of Covington condemning the students' actions...which WaPo published word for word. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 167February 20, 2019 2:15 PM

[quote]This is an adolescent. Confronted by a scary looking possibly unstable individual who could easily have shoved the kid down. The kid was frightened and unsure of what was going on.

"Frightened ... unsure ... adolescents" don't descend upon cities they don't live in dressed in MAGAwear.

[quote]he went into "chillin ' mode." The kids are not racist.

Right, Rose..."chillin'". And not one bit racist.

by Anonymousreply 168February 20, 2019 2:28 PM

I hope he wins too, this kid shouldn't have his name plastered all over the internet for a story that's not even accurate, all because he went on a school trip. When he applies to college or for jobs, this is the first thing people will see and he has no control over that. Many institutions will be biased and that alone will limit his opportunities for the rest of his life. I really don't think that is fair.

by Anonymousreply 169February 20, 2019 2:28 PM

What you say might have been believable, r169, if your little fool had only left the fucking hat at home.

by Anonymousreply 170February 20, 2019 2:31 PM

Good lord. Where did all these right wing trolls come from?

by Anonymousreply 171February 20, 2019 2:46 PM

Tomorrow belongs to him.

by Anonymousreply 172February 20, 2019 2:56 PM

White straight boy gonna get a pay out, black gay man going to jail because he thrives of being a "victim". I'm a democrat, but woof are we looking like fools

by Anonymousreply 173February 20, 2019 3:00 PM

The suit claims Nick is an "innocent child." Because we can prove in this court that Mr. Sandmann is masturbating to pronographic images on the Internet, he is neither innocent nor a child.

by Anonymousreply 174February 20, 2019 3:24 PM

Completely agree R170 but he's a kid, I did a lot of stupid things as a teen. Thank goodness none of that stuff has been preserved on the internet. His parents probably wear them, so he does. I am sure we can relate. Lots of kids/teens realize their parents are wrong about a lot of things when they get older and develop their own identities. I just thing this was wrong to do to a kid who was not causing physical, emotional, or mental harm against another person.

by Anonymousreply 175February 20, 2019 3:33 PM

Trump weighs in:

“The Washington Post ignored basic journalistic standards because it wanted to advance its well-known and easily documented biased agenda against President Donald J. Trump.” Covington student suing WAPO. Go get them Nick. Fake News!

by Anonymousreply 176February 20, 2019 3:35 PM

Well, Mr. Sandmann, we found this in YOUR garbage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177February 20, 2019 3:36 PM

R167 I don't believe Asha Rangappa's expertise is in First Amendment law. Eugene Volokh is a nationally recognized First Amendment expert (he's also commonly described as conservative or libertarian) and he doubts the viability of the lawsuit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178February 20, 2019 4:07 PM

R169, then this "innocent" child, should have used better judgment. He's old enough to know manners, respect and right from wrong.

by Anonymousreply 179February 20, 2019 4:20 PM

"He's making a mistake, staying in the news. More scrutiny. Big mistake."

He's a high school kid just standing there smirking in embarrassment as the guy sings in his face. I kind of doubt there is a criminal future for him. And not much to scrutinize beyond whom he is taking to the prom. I hope he settles for a nice chunk and gets his college paid for.

by Anonymousreply 180February 20, 2019 4:20 PM

"This piece of shit. The news outlets targeted reported exactly what happened and if he has a problem with that he needs to reevaluate his behavior. I hope WaPo doesn't give this asshole or his family a dime."

Let us know when the shuttle lands.

by Anonymousreply 181February 20, 2019 4:30 PM

So many sad old loser queens on here triggered by a clean cut , frightened kid minding his own business while some horror movie faced wacky old man gets in his face. Go Mr. Sandman, call out the loons on the left who are triggered by statues and hats. Hopefully his peers will also file suits against Hollywood scu m who have no education or knowledge. Go get em.

by Anonymousreply 182February 20, 2019 4:46 PM

We live in an age where everything goes viral in a matter of minutes. He was at a rally in support of Trump, proudly displaying his support, smirking in a way that could be considered intimidating at some elderly man peacefully chanting an ancient prayer of peace. How could anyone think that this wouldn't make headlines? If this poor innocent teen was so concerned about how he was perceived, he should have walked away. Simple as that. He's old enough to know better.

by Anonymousreply 183February 20, 2019 4:46 PM

Bullshit. Even if he had been rude or angry, the kid was still approached by the Native American, not the other way around. The kid got in nobody's face. Some of you lack some serious logic skills.

by Anonymousreply 184February 20, 2019 4:49 PM

Best case outcome is there's a huge chilling effect on social media lynch mobs on both sides.

The SJW/Left ones are particularly gruesome, going after people who are on our side or just not anyone famous (like that Justine girl and the Africa tweet.)

by Anonymousreply 185February 20, 2019 4:51 PM

Lol this little shit better hope he gets some coins cuz he and his family are basically unemployable. No company are going to hire vanality lawsuit trigger happy assholes Also I bet the rest of the kids and their families are going to want in the money and will turn on each other and canibalize themselves.

by Anonymousreply 186February 20, 2019 4:55 PM

There are some hilariously trollish comments here.

[quote{R100 don't try to mimic other people's posts. You have no idea of the top shelf sex I have and continue to have. You are a pitiful, likely obese, no muscled frustrated person.

Bwahahaha....bitch, puhleeze! Talk about pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 187February 20, 2019 4:59 PM

R186 His lawyer has a list of over 50 companies they are going to sue. Him and his family are going to very rich. The kid is going to be set for life before he even reaches 18. I'd be willing to be publicly called a Trump loving deplorable if it meant I would receive the hundreds of millions of dollars like this kid is going to get. The kid won the lottery.

by Anonymousreply 188February 20, 2019 5:02 PM

Really R184? It looked to me like the American Indian had no choice but to stand where he was. That teen was blocking a frail old man from walking forward. The American Indian was basically surrounded by that teen and his classmates, so he just stood there, harmlessly chanting.

by Anonymousreply 189February 20, 2019 5:08 PM

The teens smirking, arrogant facial expression in the photo dooms his law suit. Exhibit 1.

by Anonymousreply 190February 20, 2019 5:09 PM

R190 No, this won't even go to trial. The Washington Post and the others will settle. The family and the lawyers are going to make massive bank. This will be like shooting fish in a barrel.

by Anonymousreply 191February 20, 2019 5:14 PM

[quote] His lawyer has a list of over 50 companies they are going to sue. Him and his family are going to very rich. The kid is going to be set for life before he even reaches 18. I'd be willing to be publicly called a Trump loving deplorable if it meant I would receive the hundreds of millions of dollars like this kid is going to get. The kid won the lottery.

His lawyer could sue 200 companies, doesn't mean he has a case. And it doesn't look he does.

by Anonymousreply 192February 20, 2019 5:15 PM

You have obviously never been around or worked with adolescents. The geezer was eerie, scary, and the young man nervous and unsure of circumstances what geezer was up to, was NOT smirking. It was a vaguely humorous frightened expression. Many people laugh nervously when threatened, this kid did NOTHING WRONG. Stop saying he was supporting Trump. Wearing a patriotic hat is not supporting anyone, get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 193February 20, 2019 5:17 PM

If the geezer, as you put it R193, was so scary and threatening, then this poor frightened teen, surrounded by his buddies who out numbered this geezer by 25 to 1, should have walked away instead of standing nose to nose with him. I wonder how this teen manages to get through life if he's so scared of a scrawy old man?

by Anonymousreply 194February 20, 2019 5:27 PM

[quote]THE DRUMMER WAS THREATENING, MENACING.

Bitch, please. In what way was he “MENACING”? He looked like an old NA man chanting. Why do I get impression he’s menacing to you because he’s not white? And screaming doesn’t help your case.

by Anonymousreply 195February 20, 2019 5:31 PM

I smell white, deplorable xtian frau.

by Anonymousreply 196February 20, 2019 5:31 PM

He looks like the Fiji Water Cunt when he smirks. She's another whiny bitch filing a frivolous lawsuit against a major company for big money.

by Anonymousreply 197February 20, 2019 5:51 PM

I don't care how many permits the BI and the NA men had, THEY were the adults and should have conducted themselves as such. The kids were there for a pro-life march, NOT a MAGA rally, NOT a protest. School aged kids should be able to meet peacefully at a US Memorial without having to listen to a group of angry black men spewing insults and hatred at everyone. Let me guess...you will argue free speech, but it is also hate speech, who is calling THEM out on THAT? Where is WaPo to cover THIS shit?

Someone upthread nailed it, the NA were blind with fury at the things being said to them by those ignorant BI but didn't have the balls to stand up to them. They saw the less threatening white KIDS and transferred their anger and frustration onto them.

Does the Lincoln Memorial not have security? Why was this hate speech and harassment even allowed?

by Anonymousreply 198February 20, 2019 6:00 PM

In what universe the WaPi can be held liable here. They didnt even mention him by name. Otherwise every news outlet (and that includes deolorable central Fox News) can be sued by anyone whose likeness in image or video portrays them in a negitve light. Hillary could sue Fox everytime they used her image to talk bad about her. And the rest of the plaintiffs, bullying is not illegal.

by Anonymousreply 199February 20, 2019 6:02 PM

Where would you have this kid go? It was crowded. They were told to wait for a bus. The kid was respecting the old creep by listening to him. The old creep looked like he smelled and had bad breath. Looked like you left wing nut jobs, who would most certainly service the old drummer. Leave this kid alone. I hope he wins big. And I hope the Hollywood whores get sued.

by Anonymousreply 200February 20, 2019 6:07 PM

What would happen to his lawsuit if, you know...the kid suddenly died?

Asking for a friend who hates that smug little cunt's face.

by Anonymousreply 201February 20, 2019 6:19 PM

"Really [R184]? It looked to me like the American Indian had no choice but to stand where he was. That teen was blocking a frail old man from walking forward. The American Indian was basically surrounded by that teen and his classmates, so he just stood there, harmlessly chanting."

Nope. Native American came up to them/him. If he really wanted to get to memorial, a million ways to do it.

And the fool who yacks upthread about the kid being scared of some old man is truly on another Bitch planet.

by Anonymousreply 202February 20, 2019 6:21 PM

[quote]No company are going to hire vanality lawsuit trigger happy assholes

"Vanality"? He looks good in a van?

by Anonymousreply 203February 20, 2019 6:24 PM

R134: Not got in the face of the man passing through and then standing there blocking his way. Simple as that. End of discussion.

As an aside, this same issue attracts Nazi trolls like piss attracts Trump. It's the same over as Splinter News. I can only conclude these right wing idiots are in love with this boy and want his white ass all to themselves. But to admit so would destroy them, so they manifest it in white knighting for the honor of this brave little boy.

by Anonymousreply 204February 20, 2019 7:17 PM

Trump weighs in:

“The Washington Post ignored basic journalistic standards because it wanted to advance its well-known and easily documented biased agenda against President Donald J. Trump.” Covington student suing WAPO. Go get them Nick. Fake News!

This is just the kind of shout out the Sandmanns wanted.

It doesn't matter who did what between the kid, the NA & the crazy black guys - the question at hand is did the WP knowingly & purposefully defame Mr. Sandmann knowing full well he was just a tender babe with a MAGA hat on, wandering around the mall whilst support the precious unborn when he was accosted by this evil bunch. The answer is clearly no. They showed an image circulating on the internet, quoted the NA protesters supporting Nathan, & quoted bystanders about what they saw.

The Daily Mail reported the same thing - but why isn't he suing them - oh, because suing the WP gets you traction on Fox News and with Derr Dump, but the DM or the NY Post doesn't. Never mind!

by Anonymousreply 205February 20, 2019 7:20 PM

FWIW, the Native American has said he approached the kids because he wanted to diffuse the tension between them and the BI's

But this will continue to be a Rashomon like story where everyone has their own version of how it went down

by Anonymousreply 206February 20, 2019 7:22 PM

And let's be real: Nick reminds some DLers of jocks who tormented them in high school which is why they have it in for him

by Anonymousreply 207February 20, 2019 7:23 PM

Are you his mommy, R179 ? I could care less about this kid's manners, I am just saying he didn't break the law.

by Anonymousreply 208February 20, 2019 7:25 PM

R206: That's the true story. And the kids acted like racist fucksticks toward him and the other NAs, doing tomahawk chops and all the other crap. None of this is in dispute.

As an aside, the fact that one kid even before all this happened took his clothes off to do a haka dance in his mesh shorts betrays how awful they were all behaving. I went to a co-ed Catholic High School in the 90s, and you would never do that, the nuns would have your ass. At the same time, the school would NEVER have taken us on a field trip to a pro-life rally or ANY political event. I can't believe that was sanctioned to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 209February 20, 2019 7:25 PM

R208: If he had manners, none of this would have happened. As it is, he doesn't and he gets to play little victim.

R207: You want his ass, don't you? You want to hold him and whisper in his ear what a good boy he is for the movement, don't you? It's ok to have fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 210February 20, 2019 7:28 PM

Sounds like a typical teenager to me R210. Teenagers can be awful, but that doesn't mean we should write false things about them and permanently taint their names on the internet. I think people, and especially journalists, shouldn't be so reckless and careless. And please, I am not a troll or a Trump supporter AT ALL. This is just my belief and I wouldn't want this to happen to me.

by Anonymousreply 211February 20, 2019 7:36 PM

doesn't mean we should write false things about them - Okay, R211, how did the WP write false things about the kid? Not the crazy shit on twitter or this message - what "false" thing did the media write about young Master Sandmann?

by Anonymousreply 212February 20, 2019 7:39 PM

R211: Then don't wear a hate symbol on your head and behave badly in public. Problem solved. He did both in front of a camera in the context of a group of boys behaving very badly overall. With chaperones standing idly by doing nothing to stop it.

by Anonymousreply 213February 20, 2019 7:41 PM

The media initially said he instigated a confrontation. That's pretty bad. But then it was shown that he hadn't. No one thinks that distinction is significant?

by Anonymousreply 214February 20, 2019 7:43 PM

That's neither here nor there R213, doesn't fall under the purview of the law or ethical journalism. Like I said, teens are quite awful.

by Anonymousreply 215February 20, 2019 7:44 PM

R215: We agree then, it doesn't fall under law so this lawsuit is without merit and be dismissed. Thanks for agreeing with me!

R214: Every media outlet said they got it wrong. So there's no damage there. Anything else about this case you want me to clear up for you? Seeing as how you have clue about it.....

by Anonymousreply 216February 20, 2019 7:47 PM

MAGA hat wearer are awful people, most of the time anyways. In this case though unfortunately the law is at their side. The elderly Native Indian approached these kids as you can in the whole video. There was another crazy Jejovahs witness group saying crazy stuff that got lost in the mix. World is getting crazier with this and the shameful Smollet case

by Anonymousreply 217February 20, 2019 7:49 PM

R217: God you're a fake ass fucking troll. Go back to troll school, you need more training.

by Anonymousreply 218February 20, 2019 7:51 PM

The media initially said he instigated a confrontation.

The media reported that the kid appeared to being blocking the NA's forward progress & that other Covington students were taunting the NA - a supposition supported by the photographs. I don't recall any quote saying that the kid personally and single-handedly instigated the confrontation.

When further evidence indicated that the NA actually put themselves in the path of the students, rather than the other way around, the media updated their story. I think **readers* concluded who started the confrontation - but show me a quote where the WP specifically says that

by Anonymousreply 219February 20, 2019 7:52 PM

R219: They can't. Was it even a month ago? But already the Nazi trolls are rewriting everything to attack the media they hate so much. All while ignoring the bad behavior of Nicky and that whole group or justifying it because dark complected people were involved so it's all their fault.

by Anonymousreply 220February 20, 2019 7:55 PM

He didn't approach the kids so much as step between them and the Black Israelites to deescalate a potential situation.

People who think Nathan Richardson started it or was the one who did the confronting are just trying to spin the story to deflect from what actually happened.

by Anonymousreply 221February 20, 2019 8:01 PM

Good point R221. Seems to me that Nathan Richardson was protecting those teens without regard to his own personal safety. That's very heroic.

by Anonymousreply 222February 20, 2019 8:06 PM

R218. Im merely describing what I saw on the FULL video. As much as I hate the word, “Libtard” was created to describe people like you who have nothing to do with the truth. You don’t even want to know what happened. Your decision is already made. You’re more dangerous to a liberal cause than the MAGA hat wearing mofos. Nathan Phillips seems like he moved awfully close to those boys like right in their face.

by Anonymousreply 223February 20, 2019 8:15 PM

R223: Sure, Jan. Any other thing to be CONCERNED about?

by Anonymousreply 224February 20, 2019 8:26 PM

I thought these people were all into tort reform.

by Anonymousreply 225February 20, 2019 8:28 PM

So he's suing the Washington Post for "defamation?" What about the dozens (or hundreds) of OTHER news sources that didn't portray him as a blameless victim? Is he planning on suing them too? His suit alleges that:

"The Post ignored basic journalist standards because it wanted to advance its well-known and easily documented, biased agenda against President Donald J. Trump by impugning individuals perceived to be supporters of the President.”

Oh. So the WP wanted to get back at Donald Trump by picking on this poor little turd. What horseshit! At any rate, a Post spokeswoman, Kristine Coratti Kelly, said in response to the suit, “We are reviewing a copy of the lawsuit, and we plan to mount a vigorous defense.” I don't think the WP is indenting to "settle" with the little turd. I think his case is pure bullshit. And I think the WP sees it for just that, too.

by Anonymousreply 226February 20, 2019 8:36 PM

Well look at this....a cyber racist lynch mob as vile, hateful and blinded by their own rage as all the other lynch mobs that have gone before. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 227February 20, 2019 8:41 PM

R222, that is so removed from the truth that it is comical.

by Anonymousreply 228February 20, 2019 8:42 PM

[quote]What about the dozens (or hundreds) of OTHER news sources that didn't portray him as a blameless victim? Is he planning on suing them too?

According to R188, "His lawyer has a list of over 50 companies they are going to sue."

by Anonymousreply 229February 20, 2019 8:42 PM

His parents must be beyond thrilled to make this much money.

Meanwhile, they could't bother to fix his teefs because Mama wanted new wall-to-wall carpeting!

by Anonymousreply 230February 20, 2019 8:51 PM

Any pics of the golddigger mother and father? Do they look "special"? How did they get this retard into that school?

by Anonymousreply 231February 20, 2019 8:54 PM

Some of you people are such assholes. He was a cute kid waiting for a bus not asking to be a part of any of this. And you bitches want to criticize his teeth of all things? Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 232February 20, 2019 9:01 PM

If the little turd and his vile Mommy and Daddy are planning to sue "over 50 companies" then they must truly be insane. That's going to make them even more hated than they already are, and I don't think their desperate attempts to cash in on the situation are going to make them rich. Yes, they must be deranged. But then what do you expect? They love Donald Trump. They're nut cases.

by Anonymousreply 233February 20, 2019 9:03 PM

[quote] The MAGA hat is just a HAT.

And a white hood is just a HOOD.

And a burning cross is just a CROSS.

by Anonymousreply 234February 20, 2019 9:04 PM

Piece of shit and piece of shit parents act like shit.

by Anonymousreply 235February 20, 2019 9:04 PM

"Some of you people are such assholes. He was a cute kid waiting for a bus not asking to be a part of any of this. And you bitches want to criticize his teeth of all things?"

Oh shut up, you fuckwad. We know you love him, and we know you have the IQ of a rock. But I am sorry you're blind. It must be hard to be a blind person.

by Anonymousreply 236February 20, 2019 9:04 PM

The irrational hatred for this kid is really something else! If he hadn't been wearing a MAGA hat you'd all be wanting to fuck the shit out of him!

by Anonymousreply 237February 20, 2019 9:06 PM

R183 How do you know it was an 'ancient prayer of peace'? Do you speak that language?

by Anonymousreply 238February 20, 2019 9:07 PM

R237, this entire episode has been eye-opening for me, a life-long, centrist democrat. The left is frighteningly hateful and blind to their own racism, bias and murderous hatefulness. George Orwell had the left and socialist pegged. Everything he has said about them has been proven true, repeatedly so.

by Anonymousreply 239February 20, 2019 9:12 PM

The shitstain was wearing a MAGA hat. That's ALL you need to know about the depth of his bigotry and hate.

by Anonymousreply 240February 20, 2019 9:15 PM

You are right, R240! That fucker needs to be torn to fucking shreds....the slower and more painful the better!

by Anonymousreply 241February 20, 2019 9:17 PM

R240, something tells me you don't have much depth or maturity if you think you can judge a 16 year old by his hat and get all riled up about it.

by Anonymousreply 242February 20, 2019 9:22 PM

He wore a patriotic hat and he committed a Face-Crime.

Orwell mentions it in '1984'

"A nervous tic, an unconscious look of anxiety, a habit of muttering to yourself — anything that carried with it the suggestion of abnormality, of having something to hide. In any case, to wear an improper expression on your face (incredulity when a victory was announced, for instance) was itself a punishable offense. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: facecrime, it was called."

by Anonymousreply 243February 20, 2019 9:24 PM

R240, I doubt you have much depth or maturity if you think you know a 16 year old by the hat he wears, and then get all riled up about it. His behavior was exemplary, especially for a 16 year old.

by Anonymousreply 244February 20, 2019 9:25 PM

The little creeps were a bunch of privileged white kids wearing MAGA hats and were there to participate in a march against abortion rights. I think that pretty much confirms what scum they are.

by Anonymousreply 245February 20, 2019 9:25 PM

"Oh shut up, you fuckwad. We know you love him, and we know you have the IQ of a rock. But I am sorry you're blind. It must be hard to be a blind person."

LMAO. Please please PLEASE tell me you are female. Please!

by Anonymousreply 246February 20, 2019 9:26 PM

The kid was libeled. He’ll receive a not indecent sum. Sorry if that’s not popular to you. Take your emotions out of it.

by Anonymousreply 247February 20, 2019 9:28 PM

"His behavior was exemplary, especially for a 16 year old."

You are either totally insane, totally retarded or just a troll that likes to rile up people. At any rate, you're embarrassing yourself. Your kissing of the pimply ass of the plug-ugly little worm that is Nick Sandmann simply confirms that you are an annoying asshole of epic proportions. Sad piece of shit you are.

by Anonymousreply 248February 20, 2019 9:29 PM

"The kid was libeled. He’ll receive a not indecent sum. Sorry if that’s not popular to you. Take your emotions out of it."

He wasn't libeled. You have no idea what he'll receive, if anything. Sorry that your object of affection is so hated. Your emotions must be in turmoil. You should probably take your meds.

by Anonymousreply 249February 20, 2019 9:31 PM

R245 I don’t know about the kids but the parents and teacher are definitely MAGA scum. Who sends kids on such rallies? Only the religious nut jobs. But that still doesn’t change the fact that Nathan Phillips an older and more mature person shouldn’t have accosted them.

by Anonymousreply 250February 20, 2019 9:31 PM

[quote]The irrational hatred for this kid is really something else! If he hadn't been wearing a MAGA hat you'd all be wanting to fuck the shit out of him!

But he was wearing a MAGA hat.

by Anonymousreply 251February 20, 2019 9:36 PM

[quote]"His behavior was exemplary, especially for a 16 year old."

Exemplary behavior would have been staying home.

by Anonymousreply 252February 20, 2019 9:37 PM

R248, it was especially exemplary given the behavior of all the other adults in the episode....the hebrew israelite confronting everyone with their racist, hateful bullshit or Phillips who thought he had the right to bang a drum in people's faces, ignoring the big black guys who came there specifically to confront and insult his Native American group. Phillips turned out to a complete liar.

The kid just stood there and smiled. Sorry if white guys or MAGA hats make you rabid, that's your problem and your limitation.

by Anonymousreply 253February 20, 2019 9:38 PM

Where did Datalounge get all these MAGAetts?

by Anonymousreply 254February 20, 2019 9:40 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how he was defamed. Everyone will have a different opinion as to who was at fault during the protest. The question is did the WP deliberately and knowingly tell a lie about this kid. I don't think they did. What is their motive for picking him out? The amount in damages is a joke. This kid would never make 250 million in several lifetimes, much less this one

by Anonymousreply 255February 20, 2019 9:41 PM

LOL, R249. I’m a Centrist who thinks both extreme sides are insane. Maybe time to take YOUR meds. If only I could bet you what he’ll receive.

by Anonymousreply 256February 20, 2019 9:42 PM

R255, it is not opinion, it is very clear who was at fault and as time went on, most people saw the truth. What is even worse is that these kids and their school got numerous death threats. These threats certainly were not coming from the right. That is what fucking scares the shit out of me, as well as all the racism and complete hatred towards a 16 year old who threatened no one.

by Anonymousreply 257February 20, 2019 9:47 PM

Well, he'll get enough money to have his teeth fixed, apparently something his parents did not do for him for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 258February 20, 2019 9:52 PM

R248: Further support for my theory up thread. These rightists want to undress him and hold him, telling him what a good boy he was for the movement, literally kiss his white ass. They want him so desperately but can't bring themselves to admit it, so they stan for him. Oh LORD, do they stan for him. He is truly their special hero.

by Anonymousreply 259February 20, 2019 10:05 PM

R259, you need professional help. I think most people are saying he was a 16 year old, caught in a weird situation, he harmed no one and just stood there and smiled. No one is making him into a saint by any means. It is the left that is saying they know everything about the kid and his family and their hatreds and bigotry and god knows what else. They think this kid, his family, and everyone in the school are vile racists and deserve to die. Do you realize how fucked up that is?

by Anonymousreply 260February 20, 2019 10:12 PM

So many of the posts on this thread do not reflect the views of regular posters on DataLounge. We clearly have an invasion spinning and shilling here. In fact, I bet some of these posts ends up in evidence for a counterclaim.

by Anonymousreply 261February 20, 2019 10:14 PM

R261: Doubt the evidence part. But yes, the right wing movement is totally invested in this boy as a symbol.

by Anonymousreply 262February 20, 2019 10:19 PM

R261. Datalounge is not a mob. I’m extremely left politically but I also side with the truth. Based on the full video Nathan Phillips was in the wrong unless it was doctored

by Anonymousreply 263February 20, 2019 10:42 PM

R262 Nathan Phillips is a symbol.

by Anonymousreply 264February 20, 2019 10:45 PM

Out of all the injustices in the world, why pick this hill to die on? Why the strong emotions? Does the media lean to one side or the other (aside from Fox, that doesn't even bother to pretend otherwise)? Well, the media is run by humans & I guess if someone called me an "enemy of the people", I might be a bit biased too. But wherever you land, this kid is only a victim in his MAGA mind and reinforces the "embattled white man" idea so near & dear to the hearts of deplorables. This whole thing is politically motivated & will no doubt make him a hero with the Breitbart set, but I'm guessing the WP legal department are laughing their asses off over the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 265February 20, 2019 10:52 PM

"If he hadn't been wearing a MAGA hat you'd all be wanting to fuck the shit out of him!"

Well, YOU are "wanting to fuck the shit out of him", MAGA hat or not. But most people consider the slimy little worm repugnant. Don't go projecting YOUR feelings of lust for the little lizard face on other people.

by Anonymousreply 266February 20, 2019 10:59 PM

If this gets to the discovery phase (not likely at this point) I do hope the details come out about who plugged this on Twitter. Because the press are only one part of this story.

And yes, Bezos totally needs to dig up who's funding this entitled little Yakubian twat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267February 20, 2019 11:04 PM

"The kid just stood there and smiled. Sorry if white guys or MAGA hats make you rabid, that's your problem and your limitation."

He stood there, up in the elderly man's face, and SMIRKED, you vision impaired cretin. Smirked in a condescending, mocking, contemptuous, blatant manner. "Exemplary", my ass.

You are obviously in favor of MAGA hats and privileged racist white shitheels. You're scum.

by Anonymousreply 268February 20, 2019 11:08 PM

The trolls on this thread are just too obvious.

The screenshot at R91 is all you need to know about these MAGA douchebags. No one threatened or upset or confused them.

by Anonymousreply 269February 20, 2019 11:09 PM

The Washington Post will have to settle out of court on this. Because this kid will win if it goes to court. Despite whether we like what this kid stands for or not. He was free to speak his mind without the prejudice of journalists putting him on blast to the whole world because they didn’t like Pro-Trump stance. We don’t have to agree with each other but everyone is entitled to their own thoughts opinions beliefs and freedoms to express them

by Anonymousreply 270February 20, 2019 11:17 PM

[quote]The Washington Post will have to settle out of court on this. Because this kid will win if it goes to court.

Oh dear stupid Trumpanzee, talk to a few attorneys and get back to us. This will never get past summary judgment.

by Anonymousreply 271February 20, 2019 11:20 PM

Sure, R270. Now burst into "God Bless America" and your virtue signalling patriotism will be complete.

by Anonymousreply 272February 20, 2019 11:22 PM

Now if Bezos' attorneys could prove that the people funding this lawsuit were the same people who promoted this video on Twitter...

by Anonymousreply 273February 20, 2019 11:30 PM

Fuck that little punk, he doesn't deserve a cent. He needs a serious asskicking!!

by Anonymousreply 274February 20, 2019 11:30 PM

I eat old geezers' excrement.

by Anonymousreply 275February 20, 2019 11:32 PM

Post attorneys are drafting the "FUCK YOU BLOW ME' letter as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 276February 20, 2019 11:36 PM

He was in a public space when photographed and videotaped. At an event designed to gain press attention (ant-abortion rally). He assumed the risk of being held out for public ridicule.

by Anonymousreply 277February 20, 2019 11:36 PM

He is a MINOR R277. What do you not understand.

by Anonymousreply 278February 20, 2019 11:39 PM

When this kid gets his settlement he’s going to buy a place in the Trump Tower. 😂

by Anonymousreply 279February 20, 2019 11:39 PM

There have been death threats made in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 280February 20, 2019 11:42 PM

He's apparently old enough to hold strong political beliefs about abortion. So if he's mature enough to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her body, he's mature enough to realize he might be made to look bad in press coverage because of his actions.

by Anonymousreply 281February 20, 2019 11:43 PM

So.Fucking.What.

Hogg was also a minor when the deplorables news outlets doctores videos to show him in a bad light. Should they pay too 250 millions dollars to Hogg?

by Anonymousreply 283February 20, 2019 11:53 PM

"Oh but but but he is a minor!"

Yeah, he is a minor whose 15 minutes of wingnut fame are being extended by a frivolous lawsuit designed to extend his cheerleading from the deplorables. The same deplorables who doxxed and hounded MINORS who survived school shootings and the families of children who were murdered.

This minor is set for life even though he'll never get a dime from WaPo. Sue me for not sparing him a minute of sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 284February 20, 2019 11:59 PM

Hogg was clearly a willing participant, proclaiming himself an activist and shoving his face in front of cameras wherever he went. He was also 18 when it all started.

Surely you aren't so stupid that you don't understand the difference between the two situations.

by Anonymousreply 285February 21, 2019 12:00 AM

Thank you for speaking the truth R282.

And R283, no, evil Sarsor and Soros and the Hollywood left trash already have paid him off. And I'm sure his ugly puss is the object of desire for you weirdos.

by Anonymousreply 286February 21, 2019 12:01 AM

Whether he gets any money or not, I hope he gets what he really deserves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287February 21, 2019 12:03 AM

[quote] And let's be real: Nick reminds some DLers of jocks who tormented them in high school which is why they have it in for him

Nick looks like an Aspergers nerd. If this is the type that SJWs are so threatened by and lose their shit over it is kind of pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 288February 21, 2019 12:04 AM

[quote]Are you his mommy, [R179] ? I could care less about this kid's manners, I am just saying he didn't break the law.

No one has ever said he broke the law. Ever! This is not what this is about at all.

by Anonymousreply 289February 21, 2019 12:07 AM

Keep piling on Nick and his classmates. It's just helping his cause and proof that the media STILL haven't done their due diligence in reporting the facts.

by Anonymousreply 290February 21, 2019 12:07 AM

R267 The "reporter" needs to stop saying "kind of." That is one millennialism we definitely can do without.

And USA Today, Phillips was trying to [italic]defuse[/italic] the situation, not [italic]diffuse[/italic] it.

So much illiteracy in formerly high places.

by Anonymousreply 291February 21, 2019 12:08 AM

The kids could have taken a simpler route. They could have just walked away from the Native American and the Black Israelites. There's plenty of room to mill about in the location where they were waiting for the buses. Instead, they egged Sandmann on. They surrounded the Native American. The man had nowhere to retreat, so he stood his ground.

Basic civility would have worked here. Every person in the area could have ignored the Black Israelites, (including the media). Being polite and respectful would have won the day. These kids did not look polite and respectful. That's the problem.

There's a great lesson here. Don't do stupid shit in front of a camera. There are a lot of cameras out there, whether they know it or not. Now's a great time to learn how to act appropriately, no matter where you are.

by Anonymousreply 292February 21, 2019 12:10 AM

Nope Russian troll, Hogg was 17 A MINOR when that happened.

by Anonymousreply 293February 21, 2019 12:12 AM

[quote] They think this kid, his family, and everyone in the school are vile racists and deserve to die. Do you realize how fucked up that is?

Attend a Trump rally and then tell us how fucked up it is in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 294February 21, 2019 12:14 AM

Kid & family should have hired a PR firm, not a lawyer. It would have been easy to rehabilitate his image. The law suit is just silly.

by Anonymousreply 295February 21, 2019 12:18 AM

[quote]They think this kid, his family, and everyone in the school are vile racists and deserve to die.

Well they got it half right at least.

by Anonymousreply 296February 21, 2019 12:18 AM

[quote] The kids could have taken a simpler route. They could have just walked away from the Native American and the Black Israelites.

They were standing on public property and didn't even know they were being antagonized. The kids had already been doing their school spirit chants before Phillips deliberately approached them. He could have chose an alternate path if he wanted to pass through and did not leave after the kids left. In fact, his group cheered when the teens left. FFS Phillips even admitted he instigated the confrontation because he was defending the BI who were not engaged in a peaceful protest. Just watch the fucking video instead of repeating the same tired lies.

[quote] Basic civility would have worked here. Every person in the area could have ignored the Black Israelites, (including the media).

Why should they be ignored? They should be held accountable just like anyone else.

[quote] There's a great lesson here. Don't do stupid shit in front of a camera.

Like doing something on camera and then immediately lying about it? Yeah, I agree.

I don't understand if people are really this ignorant or purposefully trying to spread propangada.

by Anonymousreply 297February 21, 2019 12:19 AM

Jussie Smollet showed that a rich and handsome actor with seemingly everything going for him can commit a hoax, yet people still find it hard to believe that Nathan Phillips, who's been caught repeatedly lying about being a victim in the past and whose lies were caught on tape, lied about this incident? Not to mention him lying about his military service. The cognitive dissonance is astounding.

by Anonymousreply 298February 21, 2019 12:30 AM

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE JUST SHIT IN MY MOUTH ALREADY?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 299February 21, 2019 1:13 AM

As usual most on here defend the Washington Post and the other garbage media. This only happened because of the MAGA hat...

by Anonymousreply 300February 21, 2019 1:27 AM

Christ, I love the taste of warm diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 301February 21, 2019 1:31 AM

This was one step too far- smearing a kid as a racist Nazi based on a short video (where the kid does nothing but smile) was irresponsible to the extreme.

The original article seeks no input from the children in the video, merely repeating the propaganda description from YouTube, followed by a credulous interview with Nathan Phillips LiesLikeADog. The fact that other footage showing a much fuller picture was available at the time that the article was published is the fatal problem for the newspapers and media organizations involved.

All that the plaintiffs have to prove is that easily accessible evidence (The viral video was copied from a much longer video on YouTube) disproving the editorial narrative was ignored by everyone involved.

For a major newspaper to run an article based on a YouTube video that was copied from another YouTube video, meaning that finding the original video should have been a priority, is incompetent and liberlous, and the damages caused by those articles are incalculable.

Anyone who doesn’t think that these kids are going to walk away with a few hundred million does not understand the enormity of the situation, and the fact that a trial would be like Russian Roulette.

Almost all of the entities involved will settle for $20-50M, depending on the egregiousness of the initial coverage and subsequent apologies. People like Kurt Eichenwald will probably end up homeless.

by Anonymousreply 302February 21, 2019 3:56 AM

Sure jan or Vlad in your case

by Anonymousreply 303February 21, 2019 3:57 AM

R303 Just give up already. This is not a partisan issue no matter how much you want it to be. It's better you just pretend like this story never happened just like everyone else who got embarrassed over it.

by Anonymousreply 304February 21, 2019 4:00 AM

[quote]Publicly lynching a KID before all of the facts are in

MAGAMARY!

by Anonymousreply 305February 21, 2019 4:22 AM

[quote]He was in a public space when photographed and videotaped. At an event designed to gain press attention (ant-abortion rally). He assumed the risk of being held out for public ridicule.

Exactly. If he thought himself qualified to oppose women's rights, WaPo is certainly qualified to oppose stupid MAGAnists.

by Anonymousreply 306February 21, 2019 4:26 AM

r302 I have watched an entire 40 minute of the events of that day and your description is not valid. Actually, there were multiple videos taken that day, not just one. In all the videos, except ones which have been edited (who would have had the motivation to do that, I wonder? ) it is clear that, yes the black Israelites were having a back and forth with the Covington boys and they were quite riled up. HOWEVER.....this is the pertinent point.......Nathan Philips went between the high school kids and the black Israelites, and head up the steps of the Lincoln Memorial singing and playing his drum. The boys surrounded him as he ascended the stairs and then he was stopped by someone who got directly in his way and refused to move. That kid was not some innocent bystander who accidentally stopped the progress of another human being. He was quite deliberate in his actions and you can hear the boys around him egging him on. "Look, he's not gonna move"....

by Anonymousreply 307February 21, 2019 7:05 AM

Trumpanzees are truly living in an alternate dimension. They've moved lock stock and barrel into Cloud Cuckoo Land.

On the other hand, the wall they hit when reality starts crashing in is gonna be [bold]SO MUCH GODDAMN FUN[/bold] to watch!

by Anonymousreply 308February 21, 2019 7:15 AM

(Provided of course they don't just shoot all of us first)

by Anonymousreply 309February 21, 2019 7:20 AM

R307, he clearly walks over to and through the crowd of teens, they didn't come and surround them. In fact, they got out of the old asshole's way.

by Anonymousreply 310February 21, 2019 11:24 AM

R310 is lying. The kids came down the steps and moved down further and surrounded the Natives when they walked through drumming and chanting.

The photo in R91 is the kids just before Nathan Phillips showed up. Once the Natives came, the kids surrounded them, taking up all that same space.

by Anonymousreply 311February 21, 2019 11:53 AM

Let's go the video tape, R311....at 1:32 you see the old, lying asshole clearly walking towards the group of teens who are not moving and they are not blocking his supposed path to the memorial, which others have claimed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312February 21, 2019 12:16 PM

R311 You're clearly delusional if that's your takeaway. Phillips not only admitted to starting the confrontation, but there is lots of footage of his group, all adults, trying to rile up the kids. I actually applaud these kids for shouting down the BI.

by Anonymousreply 313February 21, 2019 12:39 PM

And you clearly see at 2:00 that the kids move further down the steps and surround the drummers while hooting and hollering, liar.

by Anonymousreply 314February 21, 2019 2:02 PM

I hope the kid wins too. Enough of this BS stuff of the media twisting anything that they can to make some look like something that they're not.

by Anonymousreply 315February 21, 2019 2:09 PM

"He stood there, up in the elderly man's face, and SMIRKED"

eeeeeek!!

Some of you are so fucking sad.

by Anonymousreply 316February 21, 2019 2:18 PM

R314, after he went out of his way to walked over to them. He was looking for a confrontation and got one he didn't expect....a kid who just smiled at him.

by Anonymousreply 317February 21, 2019 2:27 PM

Here is the deal. The green movement weirdos and the extreme progressive left are so full of hatred--and shit--they no longer have any brain cells left. Incapable of basic human thought or comprehension, they are triggered if someone lets a F A R T, or if they see a statue. To them, EVERYONE is racist, homophobic, xenophobic, islamaphobic. They yell racist everytime someone opens their mouth. Here, cupcake and grease fire girl are examples of this extreme lunacy. It's too bad they themselves have the hatred they accuse everyone else of. Their childish rants and name calling brand them as the sad delusional gay men which gave gays a bad name. Maxine is another example, always shouting, whining, while she herself is a multimillionaire who likely pays her daughter an inflated salary to stuff envelopes. So, face it, Sandman and crew are INNOCENT VICTIMS of a biased goofy media and seriously mentally ill Hollywood trash.

by Anonymousreply 318February 21, 2019 2:33 PM

R316

Elderly man got in the kid's face. Kid froze. Doesn't make him a monster. Some of you, oh geez !

by Anonymousreply 319February 21, 2019 2:39 PM

What's KamAla Harris's take on all this ?

Enquiring Minds want to know. I mean, she's part black or something and speaks without thinking, so she's perfect to be the next president.

by Anonymousreply 320February 21, 2019 2:41 PM

^She is unqualified for anything except maybe a shopping net hostess. Please, don't let her be the nom.

by Anonymousreply 321February 21, 2019 2:44 PM

Why are kids being allowed to engage at all? They were chanting and engaging with the protestors and the american Indians. If this kid had just walked away none of this would even be happening. They kids should have never engaged, the chaperones should have pulled them back.

by Anonymousreply 322February 21, 2019 2:51 PM

R317 "He was looking for a confrontation and got one he didn't expect"

So we can't read anything into the kid's smirk, but you can read the mind of a man who is drumming? OK, show your ass some more, Trumpeter.

by Anonymousreply 323February 21, 2019 4:24 PM

The question and answer that’s going ignored and unanswered is where were the adults in charge of these kids?

by Anonymousreply 324February 21, 2019 4:51 PM

Most of the posters here are viewing this litigation action through their own ideological "lens." WaPo and other media outlets can talk tough all they want; L. Lin Wood, is a total bad-ass attorney and he would not be wasting his time unless he smelled a BIG payout for himself. WaPo, CNN, NBC, NY Times, all will be writing big checks. Being a trial lawyer, L. Lin Wood is more likely to be a democrat. However, he is not going to let politics get in the way of earning a huge settlement for the Kentucky kid and himself. He is on a percentage of the win basis; the kid's parents could not afford his hourly rate. Attorney Wood would not be using up considerable law firm resources unless he though that he had a "clean kill" in his sights. Jeff Bezos will indirectly make a big payout. Moreover, it unknown to me what kind of insurance WaPo has in-place to cover these types of issues. However, If I were an insurance company risk manager, I would insist that the WaPo settle rather than risk a jury trial in Kentucky of all places. Nick Sandmann will be very wealthy after this is all over (and Attorney Wood will add to his already large stash of winnings).

by Anonymousreply 325February 21, 2019 5:41 PM

Sure jan. WAPO only reported on the news and they wrote ¨IT APPEARS¨. They didn't accuse the teen of anything.

by Anonymousreply 326February 21, 2019 7:50 PM

"A kid who just smiled at him."

You're retarded. He was up in his face, smirking, mocking, making fun of an elderly man. By the way, retard, Phillips is an elderly man; it stands to reason that he may have been confused on details of what happened. But that doesn't excuse the behavior of the Trump loving, MADA hat wearing, pro-life little bastards. Obviously you love them, which makes you retarded. A MAGA retard.

by Anonymousreply 327February 21, 2019 8:20 PM

"WaPo, CNN, NBC, NY Times, all will be writing big checks."

You're not a clairvoyant. You're just a piece of shit who loves Donald Trump and his supporters. Drop dead, shithead..

by Anonymousreply 328February 21, 2019 8:23 PM

"You're retarded. He was up in his face, smirking, mocking, making fun of an elderly man. "

What planet are you on? Seriously, do you not see the old man moving up into the kid's face, not the other way around?

You are the reason juries don't care about eyewitnesses, only independent proof (like surveillance cameras). Sone of you people refuse to see facts, even when they are videotaped and readily available for viewing/proof.

by Anonymousreply 329February 21, 2019 8:53 PM

R327, you sound like a 12 year old.

by Anonymousreply 330February 21, 2019 9:33 PM

The right is just masturbating over how much they want this boy. They LOVE him. They want all all of him to themselves. This is how they express that love. Feel the love, Nick, it's all for you!

by Anonymousreply 331February 21, 2019 9:36 PM

[quote] So we can't read anything into the kid's smirk, but you can read the mind of a man who is drumming? OK, show your ass some more, Trumpeter.

We don't have to read Phillips mind. He hasn't stopped running his mouth since the incident, appearing in dozens of interviews. He doesn't stop drumming even as his friend starts yelling at one teen to go back to Europe, and he does some sort of victory dance when the kids leave for their bus, as if he got them to leave on his own. Yeah, you really have to be a genius at mind reading to figure this one out.

[quote] The question and answer that’s going ignored and unanswered is where were the adults in charge of these kids?

They were there and gave the kids permission to do their school spirit chants to drown out the BI. The question that actually keeps getting ignored is why people are ignoring the harmful rhetoric of the BI. Seriously, every liberal commentator has twisted themselves into knots to try to excuse their hateful and violent rhetoric.

[quote] The right is just masturbating over how much they want this boy. They LOVE him. They want all all of him to themselves. This is how they express that love. Feel the love, Nick, it's all for you!

If this is what you have to resort to make your point, then we know you've lost.

At least those who are upset over their hats readily admit they have no objectivity. What baffles me is how you still have people denying the video evidence that has been readily available for weeks.

by Anonymousreply 332February 21, 2019 11:59 PM

Can anyone explain how any "ally" of the community can watch those BI guys calling the kids "fa**otts" and not be offended by it? Considering the boys' age and maturity level, I am impressed they didn't respond in kind -- but they didn't. They walked away.

by Anonymousreply 333February 22, 2019 12:18 AM

R310 Who are you calling an 'old asshole'?

by Anonymousreply 334February 22, 2019 12:24 AM

Bravo R333. To me the most shocking part of this story is not only the fact that the BI were completely ignored by the mainstream coverage, but that people thought they needed someone like Phillips to defend them. And people keep asking where were the adults? Based on the behavior of many of the adults who reported on this story, I'd say the kids did just fine by themselves.

by Anonymousreply 335February 22, 2019 12:27 AM

There's an influence operation online about this case. It's probably money well invested, so why not?

by Anonymousreply 336February 22, 2019 12:28 AM

The WAPO lawyers will eviscerate that boy and his family.

by Anonymousreply 337February 22, 2019 12:29 AM

The kids are heroes. Wearing a hat wanting your country to be great is admirable. They are not racist. They could have yelled at the crazy radicals. They chose not to. With all the energy and angst kids have, they could have shouted insults. They did not. Raised well by decent Christian parents. No insane religion of peace bullshit. The boys will make WaPo remember who they are. They and their lawyers will sue the stupid ass left Hollywood trash. The righteous will win.

Heathens need not reply. You will be blocked. Sad crazed queens whose only sexual outlet is their hand need not reply. They will be b,ocked.

by Anonymousreply 338February 22, 2019 12:32 AM

I spent some time earlier today eyeballing various news and social media sites to get an idea of how the public is responding to this case. It seems that people are overwhelmingly in support of the school kids.

by Anonymousreply 339February 22, 2019 12:35 AM

Guys you missed that his family immediately hired a PR firm. These firms have a sophisticated network of social media outreach to go on sites like this to try and make their clients look better, defend their actions, etc. This is totally targeted. Kids family will be left with a massive bill when WP sues them for legal fees.

by Anonymousreply 340February 22, 2019 12:40 AM

As well they should be. Hollywood scumbags, wacky progressive politicians, watch out.

by Anonymousreply 341February 22, 2019 12:41 AM

R340 In other words, the other side makes a much more compelling argument than I can so they have to be plants.

by Anonymousreply 342February 22, 2019 12:52 AM

r339, the sockpuppets are overwhelmingly in support of the Covington kids.

by Anonymousreply 343February 22, 2019 12:57 AM

The troll at R338 is obviously the one "whose only sexual outlet is his hand." I think he's pulling his pud as we speak, while gazing at a photo of lizard-faced Nick Sandmann of course.

by Anonymousreply 344February 22, 2019 1:01 AM

It wasn't just Jamie Lee Curtis. Many left leaning commentators on Youtube admitted that they rushed to judgment only days after the initial report. The fact that you have some people still attacking these kids even now is frankly embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 345February 22, 2019 1:07 AM

The troll here defending these little shits is probaly a paid shill. I ignored him and he has only posted on THIS thread. Ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 346February 22, 2019 1:13 AM

[quote] It looks like Lin Wood is his attorney. Lin Wood recently represented Burke Ramsey in a lawsuit against CBS over a docuseries alleging Burke was responsible for JonBenet's death. They settled in January of this year, he was suing for $750 million but I don't think the settlement amount has been released. Wood is going to win this kid a massive settlement and it definitely could set precedence for future cases.

[quote] Yep R39 & R41, Lin Wood knows what he's doing.

R40 is there FULL video footage anywhere that shows what really happened?

[quote] Did WaPo cover the Black Israelite's behavior? Or just the white high school students?

[quote] I thought they were in the area to protest abortion?

[quote] The real problem here is if WaPo reported on the school kids' behavior but conveniently ignored the Black Islamists' behavior, especially if the Black Islamists were bullying the school kids.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, I think the basis of the suit is that the boy who is suing was singled out by WaPo because he was wearing a MAGA hat.

[quote] No no no R64 you're missing my point. My point was that WaPo chose to ignore the Black Islamists' behavior and only reported on the school kids because of their bias since at least one kid was wearing a MAGA hat. I didn't say anyone was right or wrong for bullying or otherwise.

[quote] So sorry, yes I meant Black Israelites! No more wine for me tonight 🍷

[quote] Why can't I find a video footage of the WHOLE incident that actually works? If anyone has a link please post

[quote] Thank you R95. Wow, what the fuck. I'm only 3 minutes in and I'm so disgusted. Did you hear the shit that those Black Israelites were saying? Saying that to the Native Americans I am so fucking pissed right now. And homophobic slurs. See, this is what I mean...none of this was reported on by WaPo. Selective outrage. Does SPLC and ACLU consider Black Israelites a hate group?

[quote] is going to want to make this go away as soon as possible. He probably won't get $250 million but he will get enough to live a very comfy life.

[quote] I don't know how that all works R120 but Lin Wood knows that no trial will be necessary to win this case and get a settlement for his client. The video footage speaks for itself and there are numerous witnesses, not much other proof is needed. This entire kerfuffle makes WaPo and every media outlet that reported on this look exactly like the "fake news" that Trump is always screaming about so not only does this make WaPo etc look bad it also provides a giant carcass of red meat for the right to pick at through 2020 and beyond if they want to.

[quote] Sorry for my run-on sentences

by Anonymousreply 347February 22, 2019 1:14 AM

[quote] This thread is most telling. The fact that most of you are ignoring how IGNORANT the black Israelites (I wonder what the Jews think of these monsters) were especially to those Native Americans and how they were abusing high school kids says everything about you. And the way it was reported was NOT unbiased, how can you even say that? There was NO reporting on the BI behavior. And did the Twitter mob call for the heads of the BI? The only reason you are ok with all of this is because the kids were white, Christian, wearing MAGA hats. And that is also why WaPo et al demonized them. The far-left leaning media is clearly out of control, bullying high school kids but ignoring grown ADULTS whose behavior was 10 times worse and more offensive. Those of you defending the BI with the free speech argument, if those BI were KKK, would you be saying the same? Why is it ok for blacks to use "free speech" to spread hate but no ok for whites? Yeah, fuck that. Stupid fucks defending the BI who would gladly slit our throats for just for being LGB if given a chance, they as much as said so in the video but you conveniently ignore. These are the same media outlets giving the T agenda the platform which also demonizes and works to take away the rights of LGB and women. Yeah it's cute when they pick on Trump but look at the WHOLE picture. Nothing good can come from this type of clearly biased witch-hunt "journalism" that is now targeting high school kids.

[quote] I don't care how many permits the BI and the NA men had, THEY were the adults and should have conducted themselves as such. The kids were there for a pro-life march, NOT a MAGA rally, NOT a protest. School aged kids should be able to meet peacefully at a US Memorial without having to listen to a group of angry black men spewing insults and hatred at everyone. Let me guess...you will argue free speech, but it is also hate speech, who is calling THEM out on THAT? Where is WaPo to cover THIS shit? Someone upthread nailed it, the NA were blind with fury at the things being said to them by those ignorant BI but didn't have the balls to stand up to them. They saw the less threatening white KIDS and transferred their anger and frustration onto them.

[quote] Does the Lincoln Memorial not have security? Why was this hate speech and harassment even allowed?

[quote] The irrational hatred for this kid is really something else! If he hadn't been wearing a MAGA hat you'd all be wanting to fuck the shit out of him!

[quote] He is a MINOR R277. What do you not understand.

[quote] He. Is. A. Minor. Wearing a MAGA hat is not a symbol of racism or hate except for inside the minds of the demented far left lunatics of which I now completely distance myself from. I want nothing to do with that fringe of the Democratic Party/liberalism. Publicly lynching a KID before all of the facts are in is completely unacceptable no matter how you spin it. Especially when you have celebrities calling for doxxing and violence on KIDS, WTF?

[quote] was clearly a willing participant, proclaiming himself an activist and shoving his face in front of cameras wherever he went. He was also 18 when it all started. Surely you aren't so stupid that you don't understand the difference between the two situations.

[quote] I spent some time earlier today eyeballing various news and social media sites to get an idea of how the public is responding to this case. It seems that people are overwhelmingly in support of the school kids.

You posted 20 times here yesterday and they spent all day today looking for confirmation of what you already believe.

by Anonymousreply 348February 22, 2019 1:14 AM

People defending Nathan Phillips after everything that's come out is just as insane as Smullet continuing to proclaim his innocence after being arrested.

by Anonymousreply 349February 22, 2019 1:19 AM

[quote] he has only posted on THIS thread.

So have you apparently.

[quote] You posted 20 times here yesterday and they spent all day today looking for confirmation of what you already believe.

I can't speak for that poster but in the examples you cite, he's merely giving his opinion. There are numerous facts that prove that Phillips was objectively lying.

[quote] I think the basis of the suit is that the boy who is suing was singled out by WaPo because he was wearing a MAGA hat.

No, it's because they weren't doing their job or accurately reporting the incident even though the facts were readily available.

by Anonymousreply 350February 22, 2019 1:27 AM

[quote] R33 It wasn't. Videos exonerating Sandmann were already on Youtube when CNN and the other outlets first reported on the video. The initial reporting was based entirely on Nathan Phillips account who was busy making the interview rounds. When Sandmann attempted to set the record straight, Twitter lost their shit again while alleging that Philips was a hero. Yeah, and the Black Israelites were completely ignored because, according to SJWs, they had no power, which apparently gives them the right to verbally harass or attack anyone they want without consequence. And even after all that, people still pile on Sandmann and his entire class. I hope he wins big and to all of those who are mad about it, well, it's partly your fault so deal with it.

[quote] In addition, rather than retract their statements or issue an apology, the major news outlets have tried to bury this story. Nathan Phillips deserves the same treatment Smollet is getting now.

[quote] Smollet, being a potential felon, might be a little worse but they both suck.

[quote] Nick looks like an Aspergers nerd. If this is the type that SJWs are so threatened by and lose their shit over it is kind of pathetic.

[quote] Keep piling on Nick and his classmates. It's just helping his cause and proof that the media STILL haven't done their due diligence in reporting the facts.

[quote] They were standing on public property and didn't even know they were being antagonized. The kids had already been doing their school spirit chants before Phillips deliberately approached them. He could have chose an alternate path if he wanted to pass through and did not leave after the kids left. In fact, his group cheered when the teens left. FFS Phillips even admitted he instigated the confrontation because he was defending the BI who were not engaged in a peaceful protest. Just watch the fucking video instead of repeating the same tired lies.

[quote] Why should they be ignored? They should be held accountable just like anyone else.

[quote] Like doing something on camera and then immediately lying about it? Yeah, I agree.

I don't understand if people are really this ignorant or purposefully trying to spread propangada.

[quote] Jussie Smollet showed that a rich and handsome actor with seemingly everything going for him can commit a hoax, yet people still find it hard to believe that Nathan Phillips, who's been caught repeatedly lying about being a victim in the past and whose lies were caught on tape, lied about this incident? Not to mention him lying about his military service. The cognitive dissonance is astounding.

by Anonymousreply 351February 22, 2019 1:28 AM

R351 If you are going to quote my posts, at least do so in the proper context. You simply pasted my quotes even though I was directly replying to certain quotes from other posters.

by Anonymousreply 352February 22, 2019 1:31 AM

[quote] R33 It wasn't. Videos exonerating Sandmann were already on Youtube when CNN and the other outlets first reported on the video. The initial reporting was based entirely on Nathan Phillips account who was busy making the interview rounds. When Sandmann attempted to set the record straight, Twitter lost their shit again while alleging that Philips was a hero. Yeah, and the Black Israelites were completely ignored because, according to SJWs, they had no power, which apparently gives them the right to verbally harass or attack anyone they want without consequence. And even after all that, people still pile on Sandmann and his entire class. I hope he wins big and to all of those who are mad about it, well, it's partly your fault so deal with it.

[quote] In addition, rather than retract their statements or issue an apology, the major news outlets have tried to bury this story. Nathan Phillips deserves the same treatment Smollet is getting now.

[quote] Smollet, being a potential felon, might be a little worse but they both suck.

[quote] Nick looks like an Aspergers nerd. If this is the type that SJWs are so threatened by and lose their shit over it is kind of pathetic.

[quote] Keep piling on Nick and his classmates. It's just helping his cause and proof that the media STILL haven't done their due diligence in reporting the facts.

[quote] They were standing on public property and didn't even know they were being antagonized. The kids had already been doing their school spirit chants before Phillips deliberately approached them. He could have chose an alternate path if he wanted to pass through and did not leave after the kids left. In fact, his group cheered when the teens left. FFS Phillips even admitted he instigated the confrontation because he was defending the BI who were not engaged in a peaceful protest. Just watch the fucking video instead of repeating the same tired lies.

[quote] Why should they be ignored? They should be held accountable just like anyone else.

[quote] Like doing something on camera and then immediately lying about it? Yeah, I agree.

[quote] Smollet showed that a rich and handsome actor with seemingly everything going for him can commit a hoax, yet people still find it hard to believe that Nathan Phillips, who's been caught repeatedly lying about being a victim in the past and whose lies were caught on tape, lied about this incident? Not to mention him lying about his military service. The cognitive dissonance is astounding.

by Anonymousreply 353February 22, 2019 1:35 AM

[quote] R303 Just give up already. This is not a partisan issue no matter how much you want it to be. It's better you just pretend like this story never happened just like everyone else who got embarrassed over it.

[quote] R311 You're clearly delusional if that's your takeaway. Phillips not only admitted to starting the confrontation, but there is lots of footage of his group, all adults, trying to rile up the kids. I actually applaud these kids for shouting down the BI.

[quote] We don't have to read Phillips mind. He hasn't stopped running his mouth since the incident, appearing in dozens of interviews. He doesn't stop drumming even as his friend starts yelling at one teen to go back to Europe, and he does some sort of victory dance when the kids leave for their bus, as if he got them to leave on his own. Yeah, you really have to be a genius at mind reading to figure this one out.

[quote] They were there and gave the kids permission to do their school spirit chants to drown out the BI. The question that actually keeps getting ignored is why people are ignoring the harmful rhetoric of the BI. Seriously, every liberal commentator has twisted themselves into knots to try to excuse their hateful and violent rhetoric.

[quote] If this is what you have to resort to make your point, then we know you've lost. At least those who are upset over their hats readily admit they have no objectivity. What baffles me is how you still have people denying the video evidence that has been readily available for weeks.

[quote] Bravo R333. To me the most shocking part of this story is not only the fact that the BI were completely ignored by the mainstream coverage, but that people thought they needed someone like Phillips to defend them. And people keep asking where were the adults? Based on the behavior of many of the adults who reported on this story, I'd say the kids did just fine by themselves.

[quote] R340 In other words, the other side makes a much more compelling argument than I can so they have to be plants.

[quote] It wasn't just Jamie Lee Curtis. Many left leaning commentators on Youtube admitted that they rushed to judgment only days after the initial report. The fact that you have some people still attacking these kids even now is frankly embarrassing.

Poor kids life is ruined. All of the opportunities that were going to be handed to him because of his race and gender are cancelled. The good ole boy network does not reward white supremacists. He will be forced to take a lowly government job like president of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 354February 22, 2019 1:37 AM

R354 Why do you care so much about some skinny white kid living in the one of the poorest states in the country?

by Anonymousreply 355February 22, 2019 1:45 AM

Only on Data Lounge would a majority be accusing Sandmann and the CC students of being vile entitled brats with punchable faces when it was THEY who yelled back in protest at the Hebrew Israelite's grotesquely homophobic statements. THIS IS ON THE TAPE.

But no, The Maga hat that the kid bought 4 mins before as a souvenir to take back to his dad is far worse than the Israelite's vile and over the top homophobia right?

Don't worry about little Nicky...he'll be just fine. Lin Wood is the attorney who almost bankrupted the Atlanta PD in his representation of Richard Jewell 20+ years ago. He doesn't take on any case which he cannot win.

by Anonymousreply 356February 22, 2019 1:45 AM

Smart observant people support Covington. Mentally ill deranged progressives and Hollywood trash support the creepy old guy and are against innocent, spirited children.

I have stopped supporting movies and pop music and rarely watch tv. Loons.

by Anonymousreply 357February 22, 2019 2:06 AM

[quote] Only on Data Lounge would a majority be accusing Sandmann and the CC students of being vile entitled brats with punchable faces when it was THEY who yelled back in protest at the Hebrew Israelite's grotesquely homophobic statements. THIS IS ON THE TAPE. But no, The Maga hat that the kid bought 4 mins before as a souvenir to take back to his dad is far worse than the Israelite's vile and over the top homophobia right? Don't worry about little Nicky...he'll be just fine. Lin Wood is the attorney who almost bankrupted the Atlanta PD in his representation of Richard Jewell 20+ years ago. He doesn't take on any case which he cannot win.

Poor wittle innocent white supremacist "Nicky"! Poor kids life is ruined. All of the opportunities that were going to be handed to him because of his race and gender are cancelled. The good ole boy network does not reward white supremacists. He will be forced to take a lowly government job like president of the United States.

Did they all buy hats to take back to "dad"; after they had worn them and sweated in them. Thank God it was a hat and not the MAGA panties. All though I'm sure that you and his other fans here would pay a lot on money to see Sandmann in the panties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358February 22, 2019 2:07 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359February 22, 2019 2:08 AM

R358 seems most concerned about the whiteness of Mick Sandmann.

Nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 360February 22, 2019 2:09 AM

Nick not Mick

by Anonymousreply 361February 22, 2019 2:10 AM

R358 Seems mentally deranged.

by Anonymousreply 362February 22, 2019 2:11 AM

Again this case is not like the Benet's or the Atlanta police one. In those cases they were accused of murder (a pretty serious offence and accusation).In the case of this little shit he was accused as a little shit, which in the opinion of a lot of people he is.

by Anonymousreply 363February 22, 2019 2:18 AM

Those kids doxxed themselves. If you’re going to act up don’t wear your Klan- I mean, school logo and colors on your body. Typical Trump loving idiots.

by Anonymousreply 364February 22, 2019 2:36 AM

[quote] [R358] Seems mentally deranged.

Yes. I made a joke out of that bullshit that R356 posted and I responded to two other obsessed idiots. So I must be deranged. Unlike you and your 20 posts of bullshit.

[quote] [R358] seems most concerned about the whiteness of Mick Sandmann. Nothing else

I simply echoed your concern for this poor victim and I merely pointed out specifically how his life has been irreparably damaged by this tragedy. The Washington Post has ruined his life by implying that he is some sort of entitled white supremacist. What's left for him in this world, other than becoming president?

by Anonymousreply 365February 22, 2019 2:48 AM

Re this suit: follow the money which inevitably leads back to Trump and his cronies.

by Anonymousreply 366February 22, 2019 2:50 AM

R363 Wrong.

The Atlanta Police Dept ruined an innocent man's life and he died at the age of 44 likely because of it. The Washington Post CHOSE to go with a narrative based on edited cell phone tape and in doing so they have potentially ruined a boy's life.

Lin Wood knows exactly what's up.

by Anonymousreply 367February 22, 2019 3:02 AM

[quote] [R363] Wrong. The Atlanta Police Dept ruined an innocent man's life and he died at the age of 44 likely because of it. The Washington Post CHOSE to go with a narrative based on edited cell phone tape and in doing so they have potentially ruined a boy's life. Lin Wood knows exactly what's up.

Ruined I tell you! He has no future in any of these blue states.

Wood needs to file a class action lawsuit against Fox News (and most of the right wing media outlets) for all of the lives that have been ruined, because of their misrepresentation of the facts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368February 22, 2019 3:24 AM

Bezos can drag these guys through the courts for 100 years. I hope he does.

by Anonymousreply 369February 22, 2019 3:27 AM

^Ain't gonna happen Blanche. He'll pay. So will the Hollywood and Msnbc trashy folk.

by Anonymousreply 370February 22, 2019 3:29 AM

370. You seem so sure of what Bezos will do. If anything him exposing the blackmail scheme some weeks ago just shows that he's someone not be played with. He's got the money to drag this for a lot of years.

by Anonymousreply 371February 22, 2019 3:41 AM

I wish I could block poster R 45. My ad blocker has taken away the buttons on my page.

by Anonymousreply 372February 22, 2019 3:41 AM

Says R372 as he stomps his foot on the ground.

by Anonymousreply 373February 22, 2019 3:52 AM

That kid will be worth half a billion by the time all the settlements are totaled.

by Anonymousreply 374February 22, 2019 7:10 AM

I wonder if Kristen Powers of CNN was threatened with a law suit. She was pretty firm about condemning the kid on the channel and twitter. She suddenly backed down the other day and apologized for judging the kid.

by Anonymousreply 375February 22, 2019 7:23 AM

That kid IS an asshole, and so are the other squealing piglets from his school who made asses out of themselves for the world to see. The only ones defending them are Trumpfans. Everyone else knows what they saw and nothing is going to change anyone’s mind. Good luck in finding a bunch of people to hear this case who think this brat deserves millions of dollars. His parents are garbage, he is the garbage of the future- that school should be doused in gasoline and burned to the ground. Fire purifies.

by Anonymousreply 376February 22, 2019 7:36 AM

R376

Go to drunk, you’re bed.

The fact that you still believe the bullshit narrative means that the Washington Post failed in their initial and subsequent reports.

Since evidence, and dozens of apologies by media outlets, have failed to convince you, then I think that $250 million is actually a very generous settlement offer.

People like you make me hope this kid is a billionaire by the time the lawsuits are finished.

Bankrupting the mainstream media would benefit everyone in the country.

Idiots like you would have to search for #FakeNews

by Anonymousreply 377February 22, 2019 7:50 AM

A fucking men R377.

by Anonymousreply 378February 22, 2019 5:32 PM

R375, if she apologized, kudos to her for civilized behavior. That's all that was required in response to more information, clarification and/or apologies depending upon what the person said.

I love Kathy Griffin, but she said something really outlandish about them that wasn't a joke (to fall into her no-apologies policy), and, to my knowledge, she's never addressed it. Not apologizing after more information for things said about a minor makes her look worse in my eyes than anything she did before. Real turn off to not just man-up.

So grats to the apologizers. People love a sincere apology. "I was wrong, and I'm sorry." is best. No excuses, no justifications, no chance to slip and say more dumb stuff.

by Anonymousreply 379February 22, 2019 5:37 PM

Well said R379.

Those who called for the head of a minor child based on a souvenir purchase he made while on a class trip seem very, very damaged to me.

I imagine Sandmann evokes some sort of memory rom their own childhood. But what has always confounded me the most of any element in the story is how those who loathe Trump chose to view his smile. They saw it as being smug and self satisfied.

I saw it as a nervous twitchy attempt at remaining cool by a goofy, awkward kid who had no fucking clue what was about to go down.

by Anonymousreply 380February 22, 2019 6:36 PM

[quote] Those who called for the head of a minor child based on a souvenir purchase he made while on a class trip seem very, very damaged to me.

Far less "damaged" than anyone who would wear what is essentially a white supremacist symbol of hate.

[quote] I imagine Sandmann evokes some sort of memory rom their own childhood. But what has always confounded me the most of any element in the story is how those who loathe Trump chose to view his smile. They saw it as being smug and self satisfied. I saw it as a nervous twitchy attempt at remaining cool by a goofy, awkward kid who had no fucking clue what was about to go down.

I don't believe that its that personal for most of us. However, it does appear to be very personal for you. It evokes some sort of memory from your own childhood. Perhaps you were a smirking asshole who didn't have a clue. Many kids do heinous things precisely because they on't have a clue. Kids are impulsive and their brains aren't fully formed. They do bad and stupid things for any number of reasons, and they have to deal with the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 381February 22, 2019 7:19 PM

"Far less "damaged" than anyone who would wear what is essentially a white supremacist symbol of hate."

Seriously? How do some of you miserable motherfuckers get through a day?

by Anonymousreply 382February 22, 2019 8:32 PM

The little shitheels were wearing MAGA hats. I think that's you need to know about them.

by Anonymousreply 383February 22, 2019 8:36 PM

for fucks sake, people. It's a kid in a goddam trucker cap. And it tells you that is enough for him to be hated? I am so fucking embarrassed or would be if I didn't think it was some unhinged woman writing this shit. Men, please don't act like this.

by Anonymousreply 384February 22, 2019 8:38 PM

Someone should sue the Catholic school for busing their students to political rallies. I am sure if you dig into their finances, you will find all kinds of shenanigans.

by Anonymousreply 385February 22, 2019 8:49 PM

." It's a kid in a goddam trucker cap."

It's a kid wearing a hat with Donald Trump's campaign slogan on it, you pathetic cunt. I'm pretty sure you have one too. Your mental retardation and love of Donald Trump quite go hand in hand.

by Anonymousreply 386February 22, 2019 8:55 PM

I am ashamed of the insane Trump triggered gay men on here acting like deranged hausfrau. A kid proclaiming love for his country is a wonderful thing. His hat means nothing other than that. I thought this was a free country. Evidently the mental midgets on the left want socialism and sharia law. If you keep it up, that is what will occur. We know you love the m and worship them above all else. Idiots. You must love A O C AND her two evil m cohorts too. Sad stupid lonely queens, this is why no one likes you and no one wants your stupid ass or one inch dick.

Leave those kids alone. They and their families are Tiffany compared to the garbage posters ridiculing innocent children.

by Anonymousreply 387February 22, 2019 9:30 PM

". I'm pretty sure you have one too. Your mental retardation and love of Donald Trump quite go hand in hand."

You sound especially mature and a deep thinker. Please please PLEASE tell me you are some crazy chick and not a guy. Or I will weep for my gender.

by Anonymousreply 388February 22, 2019 9:37 PM

One time I was at a Johnny Rockets or some similar type of restaurant where you get served behind a counter. Some homeless guy sat next to me and struck up a conversation while getting too close. I was only 14 or 15 at the time and I kept trying to get the attention of the server but felt I couldn't say anything without either offending the homeless man or having him turn on me. The server just kept looking at us and walked away. I was scared and looked exactly like Nick looked like in the video.

by Anonymousreply 389February 22, 2019 9:43 PM

The troll defending here this little racist shit is completely insane.... or a is a PR shill paid by little Nicky's lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 390February 22, 2019 9:47 PM

R390 Not a troll but thank you if you think my writing is that good.

by Anonymousreply 391February 22, 2019 9:48 PM

R389 BTW, I did eventually leave with my food only half eaten. At one point, my mouth was dripping a little cheese and he actually wiped it off. That freaked me out enough to get out of there.

by Anonymousreply 392February 22, 2019 9:51 PM

Die Trump troll Just kill yourself, cunt. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 393February 22, 2019 10:18 PM

R389 - Was your father sitting next to you at the counter and were all your classmates there, too? If so, why didn’t your dad do something and why would you feel intimidated knowing your father and 20+ friends were there to support you?

by Anonymousreply 394February 22, 2019 10:36 PM

Here is R393. She is alone, mean, bitchy, cunty, judgemental, evil, m apologist, lover of things dirty and disgusting, admirer of the diseased minded far left, name caller, ridicules innocent people, hateful, sexless, mean spirited. This only begins to describe this vile sorry excuse forv a male and a gay make.

by Anonymousreply 395February 22, 2019 10:46 PM

Have any of you watched the video? The kids were being kids, the adults were being idiots. The behavior of those blacks were absolutely disgusting, just listen to the things they were saying to the Native Americans, and calling the kids fa@@0ts and other slurs, where is the outrage over that?

You think this kid is smirking now, wait until he's cashing his multi-million dollar checks which he without question will get for being demonized and lynched by unprofessional and irresponsible MSM and social media outlets as well as several high-profile celebrities. Many of which have STILL not publicly apologized and admitted that what they did was wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396February 22, 2019 10:54 PM

"You think this kid is smirking now, wait until he's cashing his multi-million dollar checks which he without question will get for being demonized and lynched by unprofessional and irresponsible MSM and social media outlets as well as several high-profile celebrities. "

You're not a soothsayer, you pitiful fuck. Go stick your tongue up Prick Sandmann's pimply, flatulant ass. Maybe that will shut you up.

by Anonymousreply 397February 22, 2019 11:13 PM

Maybe you should just exit this thread if you can't handle others' opinions R397 you delicate little hothouse flower 🥀

by Anonymousreply 398February 22, 2019 11:17 PM

Do the peds on this site want this kid or what?

If so, your standards are very very low.

by Anonymousreply 399February 22, 2019 11:25 PM

R399 Well, it's your side who are trying to claim him as some stereotypical privileged jock when everyone of us can see he's just an average guy.

by Anonymousreply 400February 22, 2019 11:28 PM

I am not in any way facetious or even mean spirited when I say that the ONLY poster I have ever read in almost ten years of being a DL regular who seemed more deranged and mentally ill than the he/she above who feels that a MAGA hat is the universal sign of evil was Vester Flanagan.

And we all know what happened to him. I am afraid that absolutely nothing good can befall someone this full of unbridled hate.

He/she is certain that Nick donned the just purchased hat as a symbol of racial hatred. What the ever loving fuck? Young kids go around with shirts with satanic symbols, dismembered humans, and vile pornography(I am not talking about male or female nudity just so that's clear) on them and no one even flinches. Why? Because they are dumb teenagers! We have all been through that stage and we know it passes.

Yet this person is certain that a teenage boy who bought a hat for his Trump fan dad and then had the nerve to put it on his head is signaling to the world that he hates people of color??? Honest question: if Nick and his fam are as racist and Trump crazy as you assume, I wonder why he and his father did not already own a MAGA caps?

Of course I will be shrugged off because clearly I am a Trumpster and likely just as racist and backwards as the Sandmann family right?

Peep this: I voted for HRC and I am a registered Dem. However I am not suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome as so many here seem to be. When he was elected I reacted like 90% off DLers did. I pouted, cried and licked my wounds for a month or so; but like a healthy human I eventually put away the rank animus and got on with my life. Life on Earth will survive Trump. Another election is coming. There indeed is a future.

This last statement should insure my vilification by our MAGA loon: when Trump was elected I was sure that life as we knew it was over. I just knew that all the progress we had made was about to be undone.

But yanno what? He isn't half as bad as I was expecting him to be. And shock gasp shreeeeeik, he actually is surprisingly anti-war and has not sentenced any of our youngest adults to a probable death in some god forsaken land which produces oil.. Now that is something to be happy about IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 401February 22, 2019 11:33 PM

R401 Oh, please. Trump's not anti-war. He's just capitulating to give what Putin wants. In fact, by drumming up fear/hate, Trump is very much pro-bullying weaker countries, but he's a lazy coward at heart. A war would be too much work and take time off his golf games, you know. But keep arguing a drop of water makes the glass half full.

by Anonymousreply 402February 23, 2019 12:30 AM

R401 = Susan Sarandon

by Anonymousreply 403February 23, 2019 12:37 AM

So if this kids wins one penny,. Fox News, Brietbart all of em are soooo screwed.

by Anonymousreply 404February 23, 2019 12:39 AM

Please, send the little shit packing.

by Anonymousreply 405February 23, 2019 12:41 AM

R401 The kid was on a school trip to a political rally. He was encouraged by the school to be confrontational and provocative. The MAGA hat is just the manifestation of that and isn't even the main issue. If you don't see there's something wrong with that kind of POLITICAL indoctrination by a school. Then you are very much a Trump troll.

by Anonymousreply 406February 23, 2019 12:43 AM

Someday, President Sandman...and he Will Keep America Great!!! The Maxine, the Alexandria, the Recusheeda, the unholy Omar--all these types will be long dead and better quality people will replace them YIPPEE!

by Anonymousreply 407February 23, 2019 1:09 AM

These are awesome days. Don't blame Trump if you can't get your shit together.

by Anonymousreply 408February 23, 2019 1:10 AM

"But yanno what? He isn't half as bad as I was expecting him to be."

You have just proven, without a shadow of a doubt, that you are brain dead. Brain DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 409February 23, 2019 1:13 AM

So many tragic people.

by Anonymousreply 410February 23, 2019 1:26 AM

[quote] I am not in any way facetious or even mean spirited when I say that the ONLY poster I have ever read in almost ten years of being a DL regular who seemed more deranged and mentally ill than the he/she above who feels that a MAGA hat is the universal sign of evil was Vester Flanagan.

MAGA is not a universal symbol. Nor did I claim that it was. It is an international symbol. Trump is hated throughout the US, and has inspired a huge amount of hate and resentment abroad. He ran his 2016 campaign on white supremacy and little else. MAGA for most outside of the Republican Party is essentially a symbol of hatred. Whether you are willing to admit that or not; it is true. Your claims are just absurd and you continue to ramp up your pearl clutching level of hysteria. You and your Vester Flanagan bullshit are just a bunch of way over the top Trump/MAGA nonsense.

Poll: Majority says Trump has emboldened racists to speak out

More than half of American voters believe President Trump has helped encouraged people with racist beliefs to express them, according to a new survey.

A Quinnipiac University poll published Tuesday found that 54 percent of voters believe Trump “has emboldened people who hold racist beliefs to express those beliefs publicly.”

The results of the survey closely mirror the results from another Quinnipiac University poll published July 3. That poll found that 55 percent of voters believed Trump had encouraged people with racist beliefs to be more open with them.

Seventy-eight percent of Democrats in Tuesday's poll said Trump has emboldened people with racist beliefs, compared to just 25 percent of Republicans who said the same.

85% of Black women and 81% of Black men have felt disrespected by Donald Trump. Only 8% of Black voters believe Trump has a positive impact on Blacks, and 29% believe he has a negative impact.

89% of Black women, 83% of Black men, and 50% of white voters believe Trump’s statements and policies will cause a major setback for racial progress

91% of Black women, 86% of Black men, and 50% of white voters believe Trump and the GOP are using toxic rhetoric to divide the nation

82% of Black women, 76% of Black men, and 45% of white voters believe Trump and the Republicans are normalizing sexism and sexual harassment against women.

The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll released Wednesday found 57% of Americans — and almost half of all whites — believe Trump is racist. More than 80% of African Americans and more than 75% of Hispanics said he was racist.

The poll found 57% thought the Trump administration’s policies have been bad for Muslims, and 56% said they were bad for Hispanics. Almost half said his policies were bad for African Americans, although that number was 75% among African Americans polled.

There is a stark partisan difference: 85% of Democrats believe Trump is racist, while only 21% of Republicans agree, the poll found.

About half of those polled — including about two-thirds of African Americans — agreed that race relations were getting worse since Trump took office. More than 90% of African Americans disapprove of Trump’s job performance and think the country is headed in the wrong direction, the poll found.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411February 23, 2019 1:35 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412February 23, 2019 1:36 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413February 23, 2019 1:36 AM

I would have known how to handle that odious child if he were mine.

by Anonymousreply 414February 23, 2019 1:42 AM

Majority say his policies bad for Muslims, Hispanics, AP poll says

A majority of Americans think President Donald Trump is a racist, according to a new poll released Wednesday, and that his policies have made things worse for Muslims and Hispanics.

The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll released Wednesday found 57% of Americans — and almost half of all whites — believe Trump is racist. More than 80% of African Americans and more than 75% of Hispanics said he was racist.

The poll found 57% thought the Trump administration’s policies have been bad for Muslims, and 56% said they were bad for Hispanics. Almost half said his policies were bad for African Americans, although that number was 75% among African Americans polled.

There is a stark partisan difference: 85% of Democrats believe Trump is racist, while only 21% of Republicans agree, the poll found.

About half of those polled — including about two-thirds of African Americans — agreed that race relations were getting worse since Trump took office. More than 90% of African Americans disapprove of Trump’s job performance and think the country is headed in the wrong direction, the poll found.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415February 23, 2019 1:49 AM

R415 polls are not accurate, statistics can be manipulated. And do you know why people think this? Because stupid Hollywood and the biased leftist media--the nut jobs on the networks and magazines and people like Jussie--spread lies.

by Anonymousreply 416February 23, 2019 3:27 AM

R415 So if your position is that everyone who supports Trump is a racist, then kids must have been guilty even before they stopped foot at the rally. Can't really argue with that logic. But if that's your position, why go through the trouble of creating a fake narrative when you can simply paint nearly half the country with the same brush?

by Anonymousreply 417February 23, 2019 3:44 AM

r416 most polls are independent. Typical right wing nut job response. Facts are not facts, truths are lies told by the liberals, global warming is fake because it is cold....I swear you guys will kill us all with your stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 418February 23, 2019 4:06 AM

[quote] [R415] So if your position is that everyone who supports Trump is a racist, then kids must have been guilty even before they stopped foot at the rally. Can't really argue with that logic. But if that's your position, why go through the trouble of creating a fake narrative when you can simply paint nearly half the country with the same brush?

I clearly stated my position. Which is most people outside of the Republican Party believe that Trump is a racist. MAGA is essentially a symbol of hatred, because it symbolizes Trump and his white supremacist policies. Most people who are not Republicans see it as a symbol of hatred. That is my position.

I didn't say that all Trump supporters are racist. Most people (outside of the party) however do believe that Trump supporters are supporting a racist. Their reasons for supporting him and his agenda may potentially vary. His history of racism, however, is well documented and his policy agenda speaks for itself.

by Anonymousreply 419February 23, 2019 4:52 AM

[quote] [R415] polls are not accurate, statistics can be manipulated. And do you know why people think this? Because stupid Hollywood and the biased leftist media--the nut jobs on the networks and magazines and people like Jussie--spread lies.

Again Trump has a well documented history of racism. His behavior, his words and deeds are the problem. If he doesn't want to be labeled a racist; he should stop stop and doing racist things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420February 23, 2019 5:01 AM

Guys, don't engage. These are professionally written responses that have to be part of a very targeted campaign. Way too many talking points, charts, polls, etc.

by Anonymousreply 421February 23, 2019 6:12 AM

[quote] Guys, don't engage. These are professionally written responses that have to be part of a very targeted campaign. Way too many talking points, charts, polls, etc.

Idiotic Mary

by Anonymousreply 422February 23, 2019 7:26 AM

I totally agree, r421.

by Anonymousreply 423February 23, 2019 4:47 PM

Let's say I am for free health care, free education and a strong military and you think, YES I support all of that. Then I say I am also for the killing of all black, Asian and Hispanic people. Do you say well I a don't agree with that part but I still support you or say you are a fucking racist? You don't get to pick and choose what part of Trump you support. He is a racist, misogynist, and homophobe. His policies, appointments and presidential orders have all proven this. If you support him, you support all of him and yeah, sorry that makes you a racist.

by Anonymousreply 424February 24, 2019 3:51 AM

^ Wrong. He is NOT any of those. He cares about this country and the safety of its citizens. He is certainly not misogynist nor xenophobic. He is fine with women AND legal migrants. Definitely NOT homophobic, employs more gays than even you have sucked off. I can see the point of not having trans serve. They are a bit screwed up to begin with. Plus they must think clearly in service and not be burdened with issues or wacky politics. Plus it is not fair for the gov to pay for transsexual transitioning. As a wealthy New Yorker, he has known and mingled with more queers than most of us.

by Anonymousreply 425February 24, 2019 8:46 AM

[quote]L. Lin Wood, is a total bad-ass attorney and he would not be wasting his time unless he smelled a BIG payout for himself.

First of all, stop misusing commas like that. I have no idea how the trend of always using a comma after a name began but it needs to stop.

As to the claim of guaranteed payout, even "badass" Wood is not immune to taking a payout in publicity for a case he knows he can't win.

Until someone can provide an example of WaPo publishing a story that was deliberately misleading and defamatory, you should keep your mouths shut. WaPo consistently said they were reporting what sources told them and what the video showed, using qualifiers like "appeared."

Suing them for reporting the news is anti-democratic bullshit and I hope this "badass" lawyer pays for his greed.

by Anonymousreply 426February 24, 2019 10:52 AM

Maybe I'm crazy but the guy up thread who was quoting literally hundreds of troll posts seems like a troll himself. Surely it was all about evading the inevitable ignores those guys got. Why else would you spam the thread with crap like that?

by Anonymousreply 427February 24, 2019 11:20 AM

r425 and what color is the sky in fantasy land Becky Sue?

by Anonymousreply 428February 24, 2019 2:01 PM

Marie Kondo told me to block R425 because he brings no joy to my life.

by Anonymousreply 429February 24, 2019 5:11 PM

[quote] Maybe I'm crazy but the guy up thread who was quoting literally hundreds of troll posts seems like a troll himself.

You're just crazy. It's completely obvious what he was trying to do. And calling people trolls because they agree with the vast majority of people who have actually watched the video does not make them so. In fact, the Covington critics already conceded that their only crime was showing up to a pro choice rally wearing a MAGA cap. Even if Sandmann had bowed down and kissed Phillip's ass that wouldn't change the narrative for those with this world view. So this thread is ultimately a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 430February 24, 2019 5:23 PM

I wish everyone wore MAGA hats. This country needs more loyal citizens and fewer snowflakes who want free stuff. Fewer Omar, fewer risheedas, fewer crazy Bernie Sanders and Nancy and most of all no A O C.

by Anonymousreply 431February 24, 2019 6:05 PM

Fuck off rightwing troll trying to make this lame Thread happen

by Anonymousreply 432February 24, 2019 7:34 PM

R432 I think the relative silence on this thread speaks volumes. Everyone is just wishing it will go away at this point.

by Anonymousreply 433February 24, 2019 7:44 PM

Even Faux News’ Judge Napolitano doesn’t think this case has merit. A minor does not have a reputation to damage, therefore no one could do $250M worth of damages to a reputation that doesn’t exist. WaPo will probably settle just to save itself legal fees, but if I were the post I would t give him a dime. I’d figh5 the case because it’s a shakedown.

by Anonymousreply 434February 25, 2019 12:19 AM

R434 Yet you snowflake that you are would be storming the gates if the innocent boy were a religion of peace or some other ethnicity. You would DEMAND he be given all the cash and more. You would be defending the M even giving up dicks to suck to proclaim his righteousness. Screw you S j w.

by Anonymousreply 435February 25, 2019 12:31 AM

Washington Post is finally issuing some corrections and deleting tweets but it's probably too late as the lawsuit has already been filed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436March 2, 2019 12:40 AM

I think where the WP made a mistake is that the took Nathan Phillips at his word as a Vietnam vet, when in fact he never served in Vietnam; so it made Pensatucky Beaver look worse because he disrespected a combat vet, when in fact Nathan was never deployed to Vietnam. So I think they made retractions to clarify Phillips' record as I think Mr. Phillips is a bit more shady than one would initially think.

by Anonymousreply 437March 2, 2019 12:49 AM

Is this stupid thread still going on? Enough of this shit already.

by Anonymousreply 438March 2, 2019 1:43 AM

Yet if it was about your cherished Muslims we would have to continue saying how extraordinary they are. Yeah, check out Omar and Rashida

by Anonymousreply 439March 2, 2019 2:49 AM

Now the little asshole is suing CNN for 275 million dollars!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440March 14, 2019 1:48 AM

Did CNN steal all their material from WaPO?

Is this kid double-dipping?

by Anonymousreply 441March 14, 2019 2:05 AM

R431 Why are we persecuting patriots?

Was JFK a patriot?

Did he want to make America Great?

by Anonymousreply 442March 14, 2019 2:08 AM

CNN, take your medicine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443March 14, 2019 2:10 AM

I repeat. The only thing this kid, and his classmates for that matter, is entitled to is a good sound spanking for their terrible behavior that day. Towards the girls, towards the native american veteran, towards decency by screaming and doing hakka dances with their shirts off. All of that. Give them all the red ass that they so desperately deserve and send this right wing Jiffy Lube Law School attorney to the nearest grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 444March 14, 2019 2:16 AM

You are way off. Good for him. Take that, CNN, you joke excuse for journalism.

by Anonymousreply 445March 14, 2019 2:21 AM

WAPO and CNN should countersue this little asshole and his family.

Tie them up in legal battles and make them lose everything.

Then they'll know what it REALLY feels like to be "oppressed."

by Anonymousreply 446March 14, 2019 3:28 AM

Do these companies actually have quarter of a billion in spare change?

by Anonymousreply 447March 14, 2019 4:47 AM

"You are way off. Good for him. Take that, CNN, you joke excuse for journalism."

Let me guess - you think Fox News is accurate journalism, right?

by Anonymousreply 448March 14, 2019 4:53 AM

Nope. Just watched the fucking tapes. Unlike you, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 449March 14, 2019 3:09 PM

People who are wrongly convicted and spend years in prison don’t get that kind of money. The lawyer is dreaming and looking for headlines.

by Anonymousreply 450March 14, 2019 3:45 PM

I want CNN and WAPO to bring down the hammer on this kid's families and instigators. I hope the lawsuit is not thrown out so they can countersue the parents, pursue discovery and push them into painful, public shame and financial ruin. Someone in their family cheated on their taxes, had a illicit affair or posted racist tweets -- it will come out and they should suffer the consequences of their hubris.

by Anonymousreply 451March 16, 2019 1:27 PM

Lin Wood knows that the insurers, probably Lloyd's of London, are not going to take a chance with a Kentucky jury. They will settle for an undisclosed sum of big money. If tried, attorney Wood will place this "sweet innocent looking child" in front of a sympathetic jury. People posting in this thread can talk all of the tough talk all they want. However, no insurer in their right mind will want to go in front of a jury selected from the residents of Podunk areas of Kentucky, Arkansas, Mississippi, West Texas, etc. defending the WAPO and CNN against a local 16 year boy. Some of you posters need to get out of NYC for bit. Remember Trump carried Kentucky with 62.5% of the vote. This trial, if it were to actually occur would be in a court in a county (Kenton County) with a population of around 160,000 people, of which 64% voted for Trump. Yes, a possible billion dollar verdict would of course be appealed to a higher court. However, no insurer is going to take the chance.

WAPO and CNN are the seed or test cases. If Wood loses, it was worth the gamble to him, life goes on. However, If he hits, he will use his proceeds from either a settlement or less likely trial to go after the rest. He has a lot of deep pocket targets if he wins against WAPO and/or CNN.

by Anonymousreply 452April 6, 2019 9:14 PM

Smirking is Face-Crime!!

by Anonymousreply 453April 6, 2019 9:18 PM

I don't understand exactly what he's suing for.

For him acting like an obnoxious asshole?

by Anonymousreply 454April 6, 2019 9:19 PM

I think he's suing because the first articles were ill-researched and rather abusive.

by Anonymousreply 455April 6, 2019 9:28 PM

So we still have idiots here defending this twerp, huh?

by Anonymousreply 456April 6, 2019 9:36 PM

He and his family seem like they're batshit crazy, suing everyone in sight. Fucking lunatics.

by Anonymousreply 457April 6, 2019 9:42 PM

Has he been given any money yet?

by Anonymousreply 458April 6, 2019 9:48 PM

Go to Google.

by Anonymousreply 459April 6, 2019 9:51 PM

R454

Are you fucking retarded? The Washington Post and CNN vilified this kid with zero evidence, and would have destroyed his life if not for the fact that other video showed that he was 100% innocent.

Does it hurt to be that stupid?

I hope this kid ends up with a half billion dollars that he can use to fund hard-core right wing schools that will educate children on the evils of socialism.

by Anonymousreply 460April 7, 2019 4:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!