Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is your favorite restaurant? Where is it? What do you order?

Dish. Literally.

by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2019 2:18 PM

Sure, I tell you my favorite, then I get jumped by half a dozen people telling me that I am a fool with an unrefined pallet. Sorry, not falling for it.

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2019 11:45 PM

The French Laundry in Yountville, CA. Expensive but worth every cent.

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2019 11:49 PM

Cafe de l'ange, Fribourg

Steak on a hot rock and fondue, by the river. Gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2019 11:53 PM

Superiority Burger. E 9th St. East Village. The fried tofu sandwich. On Monday nights.

by Anonymousreply 4February 20, 2019 12:05 AM

McDonald’s 3 Big Macs, 2 large fries, 4 apple pies and a large Diet Coke.

by Anonymousreply 5February 20, 2019 12:12 AM

Oh dear, R1. Your “pallet” is probably the least of your troubles.

It’s palate.

by Anonymousreply 6February 20, 2019 12:17 AM

Todaro Brothers on 2nd Ave. The oldest and best cheese shop in NYC, with a tiny but adorable wine bar/bistro with the absolute best crostini you will ever taste. You must sample all 12! Absolutely incredible.

by Anonymousreply 7February 20, 2019 12:24 AM

R7 = Niles Crane

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 20, 2019 12:25 AM

Mozza, Los Angeles or Newport Beach

by Anonymousreply 9February 20, 2019 12:27 AM

Border Cafe in Cambridge MA, queso and hot salty chips

by Anonymousreply 10February 20, 2019 12:27 AM

Dearest regards, R8! I take that as the absolute highest compliment!

by Anonymousreply 11February 20, 2019 12:30 AM

R7. Right around the corner for me. Todaro is excellent. But more of a market than a restaurant. PS they have amazing meats also. But the cheese guy in the back knows his stuff.

by Anonymousreply 12February 20, 2019 12:34 AM

Indeed, R12! A wine bar/bistro, nothing more. But, in the summertime when they open up the front and you can eat al fresco and cruise all the hot young doctors across the street rushing out for a quick lunch, the atmosphere more than makes up for the humble surroundings. Also, they have quite an extensive menu - do check out the brunch, the specialty crostini is especially delectable.

by Anonymousreply 13February 20, 2019 12:37 AM

The Old Mill in South Egramont, MA Vodka Martini, Oysters, Strip Steak. - Perfection!

by Anonymousreply 14February 20, 2019 12:40 AM

Hugo’s in Houston

Sushi Nakazawa NY

Marea NY

by Anonymousreply 15February 20, 2019 3:16 AM

I don't understand what's wrong with a pallet of food.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 20, 2019 4:15 AM

The Queen And Beaver

Best dish - Pub Steak with Roasted Potatoes and Stilton Cream.

by Anonymousreply 17February 20, 2019 4:45 AM

Stilton cream? Is that a sauce for the steak?

by Anonymousreply 18February 20, 2019 4:49 AM

Bump for food recommendations from our gourmet Loungeroos.

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2019 1:12 PM

The Chicken Milanese at Basta in Iowa City

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2019 1:18 PM

Penang in Boston’s Chinatown. I order Indian Mee Goreng.

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2019 1:28 PM

Red Gravy in New Orleans. I LIVE for the meatball omelet. It's all kinds of bad, but damn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2019 1:40 PM

NYC: Locanda Vini e Olii - fabulous rustic Italian in an old pharmacy. The salted beef over arugula is divine.

Pure Thai and Uncle Boons for innovative, sumptuous Thai food. I go to one or the other at least once a month.

L&B Spumoni Gardens for the best slice of pizza on earth.

Epicure at Le Bristol Hotel in Paris. Always get the macaronis farcis, tubes of homemade pasta stuffed with black truffles, artichokes, and duck foie gras in a Parmesan sauce. Overall, the food is fucking exquisite - and the waitstaff is hot and flirty.

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2019 1:43 PM

I like the Loving Hut chain of vegan restaurants, mostly Asian fusion with proprietary faux meats, inexpensive and very good in the genre. Mostly in the west, but also worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2019 2:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!