Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Cheapest Hotel Room In New York City

The Bowery Lodge in Chinatown. $45.00/night. The room is the size of a small walk in closet. You get a bed. That's it.

It's heinously depressing, but I guess if you're desperate it'll do in a pinch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 21, 2019 7:09 PM

That guy's croaky vocal fry voice makes me want to slap him.

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2019 12:56 AM

A bed and bedbugs.

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2019 12:59 AM

He's shirtless at about 5:03 for a second or two.

Because mostly you all want to watch this because he's sort of cute 20something

by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2019 1:05 AM

He's a cutie but wtf was that at 4:52?

[quote]In the morning, I see a collection of new faces. I can't tell if they're coming in or going out but many of them look young and I like that.

Has he... has he never been to a cheap hotel / hostel before? Because he just described what happens in those all around the world on a daily basis. In any case, he should maybe stay away from writing fiction. And I can't believe this is his most popular video - 746k views, really?

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2019 1:08 AM

I suspect at least 700K of those come from people googling "cheapest hotel in NYC" R4

by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2019 1:12 AM

Oh, I spotted the golden wristwatch just now. Yeah, he's obviously slumming it for his audience's amusement.

r5 Of course, that makes more sense.

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2019 1:14 AM

No windows in the room? Let me out!!

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2019 1:19 AM

Good for a sleazy hump and dump. Otherwise go to a fancy hotel and get some tea.

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2019 1:25 AM

Does it even have heat?

by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2019 1:33 AM

Dude's lucky he didn't wake up with any missing organs.

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2019 1:34 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2019 1:41 AM

As a parting gift, bedbugs are included with the $45.

by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2019 1:50 AM

When I left campus this evening after teaching a late class, there was a drunk young punk splayed out in the lobby of the building, practically unconscious. His jeans were down mid thigh, his shirt hiked up, and he had a 6-pack and BIG junk. Some cruel students had put a "wet floor" sign on him. He looked like he was in for the night. Free lodging!

by Anonymousreply 13February 19, 2019 1:52 AM

R13 Did you at least get a taste?

by Anonymousreply 14February 19, 2019 2:13 AM

Some of us remember when all the rooms at Motel 6 cost $6.00.

by Anonymousreply 15February 19, 2019 2:48 AM

Must be because that sleazy buy-the-hour hustler-ridden Elk Hotel at 42nd and 9th Ave has been closed for years and is just sitting there empty.

by Anonymousreply 16February 19, 2019 3:09 AM

The place will soon be filled with NYC residents who are being priced out of their apartments.

by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2019 11:51 AM

Honestly if you are doing a vacation in NYC correctly, you are only going to be in the place you are staying to sleep. I would expect a lot of demand for a cheap and tiny place to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 18February 19, 2019 12:26 PM

A privileged, 20something white guy on a poverty tour. Classy.

That said, I have had this place come up on a Priceline search before and it was interesting to get a better look. I saw a similar place in which the walls don't go all the way to the ceiling. Maybe miss priss was too chickenshit to visit that one.

R18 has a good point, but a hostel has got to be nicer and safer than the Bowery Lodge. Not mention you can often find great deals on places like Yotel or that former Holiday Inn.

by Anonymousreply 19February 19, 2019 12:45 PM

I like the guy’s voice

by Anonymousreply 20February 19, 2019 12:51 PM

I love him... I want to go get bedbugs with him in that little twin bed.

by Anonymousreply 21February 19, 2019 12:51 PM

[quote]A privileged, 20something white guy on a poverty tour. Classy.

FFS NYC hotels are so expensive you see a lot of people like him staying on a budget. Most white people are not rolling in money. I don't know where that fallacy comes from, but only a small % of whites have $$$ to burn.

by Anonymousreply 22February 19, 2019 1:05 PM

In fact, whites are the most oppressed minority in America right now, so I'd exercise some respect.

by Anonymousreply 23February 19, 2019 1:08 PM

You could tell this guy was privileged just from looking at him? WOW!

by Anonymousreply 24February 19, 2019 1:13 PM

Years ago there was the Hotel Dixie in NYC (now known as the Hotel Carter). I think their rooms are still under $100/night. This guy who used to work in my office who was known to be a cheap bastard booked 3 nights at the Hotel Dixie back in the late 70's. When he came back to work the next week he was still traumatized. He said the door to his room had no working lock, only one of those flimsy clip hook locks you find on cheap screen doors. The first night he was there he was awakened in the middle of the night by someone jerking on the door trying to get in. He jumped out of bed and ran to the door screaming he was calling the cops and whoever it was ran down the hallway like a madman. When he complained to the front desk he said they just laughed.

The Hotel Carter was voted the dirtiest hotel in the USA from 2004-2008.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 19, 2019 2:07 PM

[quote]Honestly if you are doing a vacation in NYC correctly, you are only going to be in the place you are staying to sleep. I would expect a lot of demand for a cheap and tiny place to sleep.

That's my philosophy of travel as well -- however, I will not lower my standards enough to use a shared bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 26February 19, 2019 2:24 PM

The Hotel Carter is the jewel of NYC hotels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 19, 2019 3:02 PM

He is vaguely cute but has the kind of personality where you wanna throw him through 50 layers of fine glass so he is shredded on every floor.

by Anonymousreply 28February 19, 2019 3:38 PM

[quote]I don't know where that fallacy comes from

You projected it on me, so it came from you.

by Anonymousreply 29February 19, 2019 4:16 PM

r29 automatically assumes a guy is privileged and has money because he's white.

by Anonymousreply 30February 19, 2019 5:18 PM

I can’t even afford that hotel

by Anonymousreply 31February 20, 2019 1:22 AM

his hard cock is certainly longer than that room is wide.

by Anonymousreply 32February 20, 2019 2:52 AM

It's basically like a private room one would get at a sex club.

by Anonymousreply 33February 20, 2019 10:17 AM

Sounds Hawt

by Anonymousreply 34February 20, 2019 7:33 PM

He's not looking so good in this recent video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 21, 2019 7:55 AM

OP, I don't think there's room for a pinch.

by Anonymousreply 36February 21, 2019 8:42 AM

I am fascinated with rundown, cheap, eerie motels and hotels. Especially in places like NY or LA. I was always amused reading reviews from the Carter or the Cecil. Is this (Bowery) the same place that is also called the sunshine motel? There was a documentary on it … It was basically a flophouse, and full of longer-term residence, but might have functioned as a motel. The cheapest, worst in the NYC… Full of bugs and The walls did not go all the way to the ceiling.

by Anonymousreply 37February 21, 2019 9:57 AM

R37 you might be interested in the collection "Up in the Old Hotel" by Joseph Mitchell. He wrote for the New Yorker about quirky corners of NYC.

by Anonymousreply 38February 21, 2019 10:04 AM

Good God, he looks end stage terminal at R35.

by Anonymousreply 39February 21, 2019 12:44 PM

Indeed, I wonder if he picked up some incurable disease from the pocket hotel

by Anonymousreply 40February 21, 2019 12:57 PM

At least he color coordinated his hair and his teeth for the video at R35.

by Anonymousreply 41February 21, 2019 1:04 PM

What the hell happened to him?

by Anonymousreply 42February 21, 2019 7:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!