Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BETO 2020 (Part 2) BETO 2020

Continuing the antagonism and bitterness from the first BETO 2020 thread.

Some caveats before we get too far into this sequel: We Beto enthusiasts love Beto, but we are not above voting for someone else if he doesn’t run in the primary. We will vote for the Democratic candidate no matter who it is, in November 2020. We are committed to defeating Trump no matter what.

We are not a cult. We are nothing like Trump voters or the BernieOrBust-ers.

by Anonymousreply 600March 16, 2019 4:11 PM

Link to previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2019 4:01 AM

Amen, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2019 4:03 AM

This thread is useless without a hot picture of Beto

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2019 4:09 AM

You're missing about twenty BETO 2020s from your thread title. That's a start in reducing the cultishness. We'll see how long before someone mentions how hot he is or how big his dick is.

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2019 4:09 AM

Sorry, I was so eager to get the ball rolling before someone else started this thread, I didn’t even think of including a picture with the original post, R3. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2019 4:11 AM

Ah, R3, right on time.

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2019 4:12 AM

Whatever it takes to appease you, m’lord @ R4. Glad you’re here to police us.

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2019 4:13 AM

We need a pic of Beto presenting hole. Has he ever met with his highness the incomparable Gavin Newsom?

Mmmmm Gavin, mmmmm

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2019 4:28 AM

Gavin is fucking delicious, too.

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2019 4:43 AM

Gavin endorsed Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2019 4:43 AM

Oh uh, Iconic activist Dolores Huerta also endorsed Kamala.

Damn! Miss Harris ain’t going down without a fight.

by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2019 5:21 AM

Most of his fans only want to vote for him because he's hot. There's no other reason. Everyone acknowledges this.

But unlike some anti Beto folks I think this infatuation is mostly harmless. Beto would be perfectly acceptable as president and pass whatever Dems give him to sign. So if some democrats want to vote with their dicks it's not actually hurting anything.

I don't think Beto stans are at all similar to Bernbros. Bernie folks hate democrats almost as much as they hate republicans.

by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2019 5:27 AM

Who do they anti-Beto people favor?

by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2019 5:37 AM

Vladimir Putin obviously.

by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2019 5:40 AM

We got one vote for Biden and one vote for Kamala on the first thread, R13. Still no explanations for how either of them are more electable than Beto or more able to get out the vote.

by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2019 5:52 AM

Anybody who followed his Senate campaign knows that Beto is the most formidable campaigner and most inspiring speaker the Dems have.

by Anonymousreply 16February 18, 2019 6:00 AM

R15 yes we have all these anti-Beto posters yet almost all refuse to say who's better.

by Anonymousreply 17February 18, 2019 6:14 AM

The posters you keep calling anti-Beto are not anti-Beto. We are anti-coronationofBeto'sdickaspresident. And, we recognize the similarities between the BetoBoys and the early BernBros, before they went completely apeshit. White males who will whine and pout if they don't get their way. I have yet to see even one of these people you categorize as anti-Beto say they wouldn't vote for him if he got the nomination. You all are the ones forming your static opinion and white males, gay or straight, aren't known for admitting when they are wrong. Once the campaigning begins and the Dems start actually going after each other, which they inevitably will, we'll see where your "oh, we'll support whomever wins" ends up.

by Anonymousreply 18February 18, 2019 7:00 AM

FFS there is no such a thing as a "BetoBoy." That shit was made up out of whole cloth on this board. Does not exist in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 19February 18, 2019 7:04 AM

R18 who do you support then????

by Anonymousreply 20February 18, 2019 7:05 AM

*whoever wins, not whomever, R18.

And there is no “we”—there is only you. One obsessed person trolling the Beto threads. You have made yourself very clear. Please run along now. You are exceedingly tedious at this point.

by Anonymousreply 21February 18, 2019 7:30 AM

I already my top choices are Booker, Kamala, and Warren

by Anonymousreply 22February 18, 2019 11:10 AM

Imagine Gavin Newsom pounding the hell out of Beto. Now that's a vision

by Anonymousreply 23February 18, 2019 11:35 AM

This whole conversation is pointless. Beto won't run

by Anonymousreply 24February 18, 2019 1:04 PM

Oh great, the anti-Beto cunt has followed us to the new thread.

I told you guys to do the password thing for this new thread but did you listen to me? noooooooooooo!

by Anonymousreply 25February 18, 2019 2:31 PM

I'm not actually against Beto. I think he'd be fine and maybe even good as president. I just find the adoration a little silly

by Anonymousreply 26February 18, 2019 2:49 PM

I supported Beto in the Texas Senate campaign. I'll support Beto if he runs for President because I think he is the candidate who has the best chance of taking down Trump.

Kamala Harris cannot get votes in flyover states. You can't win the Presidency with the West Coast, the NorthEast and Illinois.

Same applies to Cory Booker.

And don't talk to me about Liz Warren.

We need a candidate who can get votes from anti-Trumper moderate Republicans, independents and can get millennials off their asses to the polls.

Beto came within 2.4% of flipping Texas. He got 10% of the Republican vote while refusing to move to the middle of the road, campaigning in Texas on gun control, women's rights, pro-immigration. That is unheard of. If he is the Democratic nominee for President, he'll carry Texas. No way will even rightwing Texans vote for a Yankee over homeboy. If a Democratic candidate can carry Texas, that's the President.

by Anonymousreply 27February 18, 2019 3:38 PM

R27 It's not unheard of. Stacey Abrams did the same thing. Why aren't you hoping she runs?

by Anonymousreply 28February 18, 2019 3:40 PM

Because “no one” wants a fat black woman as president. That’s it basically.

If she were the nominee I would certainly vote for her. I think she’s wonderful. Actually last night my boyfriend and I were discussing how she would make a great VP on a ticket with Beto at the top.

by Anonymousreply 29February 18, 2019 4:16 PM

[quote]This whole conversation is pointless. Beto won't run

And which crystal ball told you that?

by Anonymousreply 30February 18, 2019 4:17 PM

Electorally speaking, she did as well as Beto, narrowly losing a very red state. Your comments make no sense R29

by Anonymousreply 31February 18, 2019 4:18 PM

[quote]It's not unheard of. Stacey Abrams did the same thing. Why aren't you hoping she runs?

Why would we hope she runs? What does liking Beto O'Rourke have to do with Stacey Abrams who is from another state? It would make more sense if you had said Julian Castro...

by Anonymousreply 32February 18, 2019 4:26 PM

It appears to me certain people hate that Beto is catering to Mexicans and Latinos instead of the two "chosen" groups: the black vote and the redneck vote.

by Anonymousreply 33February 18, 2019 4:28 PM

Beto stans are getting delusional. Who has even mentioned the Latino vote?

by Anonymousreply 34February 18, 2019 5:19 PM

Why would somebody compare Beto's Senate race to Stacey's Governor's race. That's the creation of the black woman idiot who's on CNN and can't believe that a black woman wouldn't be chosen President as black women vote overwhelmingly Democratic ... all 6% of the population that they represent.

by Anonymousreply 35February 18, 2019 5:32 PM

^^^ That sounds pretty similar to the garbage BernieBros spew.

Say what you want about Bernie bros, they could be garbage people, but they acted like that because they think thats how they can get healthcare to poor people. The Beto folks are just acting like this out of horniness. It's sad

by Anonymousreply 36February 18, 2019 5:35 PM

R36 = Troll

There no "Beto folks"

Again subtly trying to compare the Berno Brigade and their Russian cohorts into the conversation. They were doing the same thing in the Kamala Harris threads of the past. They are desperate to divide Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 37February 18, 2019 5:48 PM

[quote] That's the creation of the black woman idiot who's on CNN

This is why they are compared to Bernie bros. This is the same crap they spew

by Anonymousreply 38February 18, 2019 5:51 PM

Notice how the anti-Beto trolls cannot claim why they hate Beto? It’s because they don’t .They only know two things 1) complain that gay men identify with Beto 2) Complain that gay men identify with Beto. They can’t even conceptualize what bothers them about these threads that are rather PG-13.

Their only purpose is to complain about nothing and hope it creates chaos.

by Anonymousreply 39February 18, 2019 6:00 PM

Beto would be my first choice by far. But I'd gladly vote for Kamala, Kirsten, Amy, Corey, Stacey, Joe and even Bernie. if they were the nominee

by Anonymousreply 40February 18, 2019 6:00 PM

Nia-Malika Henderson who criticizes white men who go on week-long cartrips because apparently no woman or man of color has ever done that or ever been unemployed. Except she forgot Julian Castro hasn't had a job since the end of 2016 and has spent all his time travelling around the US (on what money??) trying and failing to build up enthusiasm for his Presidential campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 18, 2019 6:04 PM

That's what Bernie bros do. Attack any minority that dares criticize their Messiah

I don't hate Beto at all. His supporters are just nut jobs. Beto is a respectable politician

by Anonymousreply 42February 18, 2019 6:09 PM

What is interesting here is how the Sw Latin community practically thinks of him as one their own, even though technically he is not.

My nana says he understands “her” and I remind her that she could be supporting a real Mexican with Castro. She just dismisses the thought with “a Mexican that thinks he’s white.”

Nana! But Beto is WHITE ! Lol

by Anonymousreply 43February 18, 2019 6:15 PM

R42 there it was a minority and a woman attacking Beto...

by Anonymousreply 44February 18, 2019 6:16 PM

R43 Beto is bilingual and the Texas bordertowns and the Valley (Rio Grande Valley for non-Texans) are Spanish speaking with a population that is 85% Mexican-American. Anglos on the border like Beto have to assimilate to the majority. The Castros don't even speak Spanish and their domineering Mama sent them off to Stanford and Harvard together so they can join the 1%.

by Anonymousreply 45February 18, 2019 6:19 PM

R45 you are right. Culturally speaking Beto might be more aligned with the Mexican-American population of his hometown than the Castros that might not be as attached to the culture/point of view of the border towns of Texas.

by Anonymousreply 46February 18, 2019 6:25 PM

I have an ex-bro-in-law who comes from Rio Grande City - which is no city. He's a blond of 100% German descent. He has always been known as Carlito and when he speaks English he even has a touch of a Mexican accent. From San Antonio on South, Texas IS Mexico and always has been.

by Anonymousreply 47February 18, 2019 6:34 PM

[quote]Beto would be my first choice by far. But I'd gladly vote for Kamala, Kirsten, Amy, Corey, Stacey, Joe and even Bernie. if they were the nominee

Me too.

by Anonymousreply 48February 18, 2019 6:38 PM

[quote]My nana says he understands “her” and I remind her that she could be supporting a real Mexican with Castro.

Why?

Do you think Castro even has a shot?

by Anonymousreply 49February 18, 2019 6:41 PM

R47 O'Rourke went to a private school and doesn't look or sound Mexican...not even close. No one will care what they do in Texas. His nickname will be ridiculed. Thank God President Obama didn't use Barry(which he used for a long time) and wasn't afraid to use his full name, Barack Hussein Obama. Unfortunately Robert Francis O'Rourke isn't fooling anyone with his nickname.

R42 True I like him and want him as VP because of his hype,charm and the like. However certain people treat him as a Messiah. It's so over the top.

by Anonymousreply 50February 18, 2019 6:44 PM

R33 He has to cater to all voters to win. Mexican Americans are an important minority in the US but still a minority. same thing with black folk. He needs to cast a wide net to win anything. He must learn from his loss to Rafael Cruz in Texas. Who also uses a silly nickname!

by Anonymousreply 51February 18, 2019 6:48 PM

Beto isn't "hiding" his real name, or his real ethnicity, any more than Obama was hiding his middle name. But the only person who called him "Barack Hussein Obama" was Rush Lmbaugh.

by Anonymousreply 52February 18, 2019 6:54 PM

The only people claiming Beto is hiding his name are Trumpsters inheriting a complaint from Cruz's idiot trolls. Cruz was known as Felito till he went to high school. As everybody hated him, they called him Fellatio - though in his autobio, Lyin' Rafael claimed they called him Frito. And that's why, he said, he picked out 'Ted' as his new nickname.

by Anonymousreply 53February 18, 2019 7:03 PM

I don't find him particularly sexy. He's kinda quirky but he sure does wear his pants well. He's like Elvis with that pelvis.

by Anonymousreply 54February 18, 2019 7:10 PM

r43, I bet Beto speaks better Spanish than either the Castro brothers.

by Anonymousreply 55February 18, 2019 7:35 PM

[quote]However certain people treat him as a Messiah. It's so over the top.

He is simply the most charismatic and inspiring speaker with the broadest appeal of any of the current crop of Democratic hopefuls/potentials. That’s all.

Please stop underestimating him and mischaracterizing his supporters.

by Anonymousreply 56February 18, 2019 7:37 PM

R55, way to be ignorant. The Castro brothers speak NO Spanish. They are ridiculous. Arrogant idiots who think they're special because their mommy said so.

by Anonymousreply 57February 18, 2019 7:42 PM

One thing that annoys me about the Castros is they have a father, he always supported them and their domineering Mama acts like she was a single mother. Untrue. They've tried to erase Jesse Guzman from their bios - makes them sound more pathetic to have had a single mom.

by Anonymousreply 58February 18, 2019 8:03 PM

Like this OP? Beto fans are ready and rallied!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 18, 2019 8:36 PM

Before endorsing Kamala Harris, god himself Gavin Newsom said he liked Beto very much.

I nearly came at that moment. Two huge dicks right here.

by Anonymousreply 60February 18, 2019 8:53 PM

Newsom has the same smarminess washing off of him that Joel Osteen exudes. He just looks oily, like he would have been a snake oil salesman 100 years ago. Yuck.

What if it ends up a Kamala Harris/Beto O'Rourke ticket? That would set up a great decade or more of Democrats for the Executive.

by Anonymousreply 61February 18, 2019 9:20 PM

Beto would lose even if the Castros weren't running

by Anonymousreply 62February 18, 2019 9:25 PM

R62, are you the only Castro fan in the world?

by Anonymousreply 63February 18, 2019 9:39 PM

R63 He IS Castro.

by Anonymousreply 64February 18, 2019 9:41 PM

I'm not a Castro fan. I support Warren, Kamala, and Booker. But Beto has much bigger problems than just another pol from Texas running

by Anonymousreply 65February 18, 2019 9:56 PM

[quote]Newsom has the same smarminess washing off of him that Joel Osteen exudes. He just looks oily, like he would have been a snake oil salesman 100 years ago. Yuck.

FF the anti-Newsom troll !!!

by Anonymousreply 66February 18, 2019 10:07 PM

We don’t do that around here R61. Newsom is the Saint Patron of California eldergays.

They’ll cut your balls off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 18, 2019 10:13 PM

^^ Newsome is so cool, coool, cool. Just like your Beto Maniacs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 18, 2019 10:14 PM

How does Beto have "much bigger pronlems" than Harris, Warren or Booker? (I'd gladly vote for any of these people btw)

by Anonymousreply 69February 18, 2019 10:19 PM

None of those names have a problem, well at least not the type of problems Trumpy Bear has, Democrats just need to focus and vote the GOP out of the White House and Senate regardless of who is the nominee.

[quote] Newsome is so cool, coool, cool

You should count your blessing that Newsom wont run for president until 2024 at the earliest. You'll be shitting your pants from the mischief the gays pull in order to get their men in the White House. The future belongs to the gays R68

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 18, 2019 10:32 PM

[quote] How does Beto have "much bigger pronlems" than Harris, Warren or Booker?

I didn't mean problems beating Trump. I agree with R70 on that front. But Beto is a serious underdog for the nomination. His polling is not great already. The left most corner of the party is fiercely against him. The black vote will probably be split between Cory and Kamala. And he will have real competition for white moderate dems with Kloubacher and maybe Biden. He is not likely to win.

by Anonymousreply 71February 18, 2019 10:43 PM

^^I've been out, and proud part of the gay community for more than 30 years. I think you underestimate those of us who have had worse,.

by Anonymousreply 72February 18, 2019 10:44 PM

I'd marry Beto if I were not married already.

by Anonymousreply 73February 18, 2019 10:45 PM

But he wouldn't marry you even if you were the last two people on Earth, R73. The delusion around here!

by Anonymousreply 74February 18, 2019 10:55 PM

R70, so you willingly admit that Newsome, and gay people will do anything to achieve power?

"You should count your blessing that Newsom wont run for president until 2024 at the earliest. You'll be shitting your pants from the mischief the gays pull in order to get their men in the White House. The future belongs to the gays [R68]"

This is what you said with regards to Newsome, and gay people.

by Anonymousreply 75February 18, 2019 11:05 PM

Such an impossibly good looking man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76February 18, 2019 11:06 PM

I agree a Kamala Harris /Beto O'Rourke ticket will be very hard to beat.

[quote] admit that Newsome, and gay people will do anything to achieve power?

Why do you talk so impersonally? Are you not a gay man ??? Silly bitch.

You'll be our slave before you know it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 18, 2019 11:26 PM

It's from the poster's own words, " the mischief the gays pull in order to get their men in the White House".

"The Gays" are used in their own words, much live Kath Griffin does, and every other celebrity that wants to take a short cut to cool.

by Anonymousreply 78February 18, 2019 11:31 PM

R78 you seem a little humor-impaired

by Anonymousreply 79February 18, 2019 11:36 PM

[quote] What if it ends up a Kamala Harris/Beto O'Rourke ticket?

Then R18 will commit live, streaming suicide on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 80February 18, 2019 11:38 PM

No. I'm tired of watching was once fun, and in good nature get flushed down the toilet in a spiral of hatred by people who support this sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 81February 18, 2019 11:39 PM

You just outed yourself as not gay R78.

All this time straighties have been wasting their time going at each other. White vs Black. Arabs vs. Jews. etc etc all the while gay men have been lurking in the shadows waiting their time. Once you know it Beto is president and [bold]WHAM[/bold]! Gays will be in charge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82February 18, 2019 11:43 PM

Lol

by Anonymousreply 83February 18, 2019 11:44 PM

well, ok, then Beto will win. You won! Such a good argument!

by Anonymousreply 84February 18, 2019 11:49 PM

R52 Complete Bullshit. President Obama himself used Barack Hussein Obama. You mean he didn't hide his first name. When he was younger he used Barry as his first name. Evidently he stopped using that nickname to his credit.

R77 Kamala and Robert can be beat easily. KH has already flip flopped, is from California(a big negative nationally)has bodies in her closet and is cunted. We had a woman run last time and it didn't work. I think Kamala is nice to look at though and that is a plus. However Biden/O'Rourke can easily win and TPTB will smartly go with that pick.

by Anonymousreply 85February 19, 2019 12:09 AM

Just wanted to repost this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 19, 2019 12:14 AM

i never once said I was a gay man, you silly bitch, R77.

by Anonymousreply 87February 19, 2019 12:17 AM

No, Obama did not habitually refer to himself as "Hussein," any more than Beto refers to himself as "Francis." Right wing shitstains did it all the time, though. Which is what you are, I'm guessing.

by Anonymousreply 88February 19, 2019 12:22 AM

R77 So are women who love women going to be slaves to you because of that? Is that what you're saying? Because it sounds like it.

by Anonymousreply 89February 19, 2019 12:30 AM

Gay women don't have rights in the democratic party? Women that are paying attention already know that.,

by Anonymousreply 90February 19, 2019 12:32 AM

R80, ya genius, those are both my posts.

[quote]KH has already flip flopped, is from California(a big negative nationally)has bodies in her closet and is cunted.

You belong with Trump, you fucking sexist piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 91February 19, 2019 12:36 AM

[quote]Just one CHC member has endorsed Julián Castro’s campaign so far — his twin brother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92February 19, 2019 1:48 AM

Castro is most blatantly playing identity politics, claiming that Latinos will vote for him. He told Van Jones that he would win Arizona, Florida and Texas in a Presidential election because he would get all the Latino vote. If he thought he could carry Texas, he would have run statewide last year. All the jobs were up for re-election. Florida's Latinos are mainly Republican Cubans.

A Latina ran for Governor of Texas when the Castros lost their nerve and didn't enter the race. She lost by 13% and Beto got much higher numbers from Latinos than she did.

by Anonymousreply 93February 19, 2019 2:12 AM

Name recognition polls is all they are, idiot @ R71.

[quote]I didn't mean problems beating Trump. I agree with [R70] on that front. But Beto is a serious underdog for the nomination. His polling is not great already.

by Anonymousreply 94February 19, 2019 3:46 AM

R94, Beto has very high name recognition.

by Anonymousreply 95February 19, 2019 3:54 AM

No he doesn't. He only has good name recognition among political junkies.

by Anonymousreply 96February 19, 2019 4:14 AM

[quote]Castro is most blatantly playing identity politics, claiming that Latinos will vote for him.

Harris and Beto are going to split the Southwest Latin vote. Castro made a mistake by going MIA during the last two years. He needs to humble up and run for the Senate instead.

Dolores Huerta just endorsed Kamala Harris, Castro is underestimating the loyalty of the Latin vote. Since Latinos don't have a history of seeing their own in high political offices, identity politics don't always play a role. See their voting patterns, they vote Asian,black, and white over their own. Harris beat a very prominent progressive Latina for her Senate win. They are not going to dump her now that she represents them. Same with Beto, they see him as their own. He's their JFK and Bobby Kennedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97February 19, 2019 4:26 AM

R96, there are very few Democrats in this country who don't know who Beto O'Rourke is. Hell, there are very few Repugs who don't know because of the Cruz race and the national attention it got for an extended time. You're just wrong. His name has been in the top three in most polls so far based solely on name recognition.

by Anonymousreply 98February 19, 2019 4:29 AM

Dolores Huerta was at the USHLI conference in Chicago this weekend. Julian Castro spoke on Friday. There is zero coverage of his speech. Beto spoke on Saturday and set the place on fire. Lot of retweeting of his remarks. Beto also tweeted a pic of himself and Dolores shaking hands. She is gazing upon him with a look of pure love. Don't count on her sticking with Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 99February 19, 2019 4:46 AM

He probably reminds her of Bobby Kennedy who came to her aid many times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100February 19, 2019 5:31 AM

R99 Kamala is a weak candidate. O'Rourke is stronger.O will shine through and KH will go home to Cali.

by Anonymousreply 101February 19, 2019 6:21 AM

Most Americans voters aren't as shallow as you Beto stans r101

by Anonymousreply 102February 19, 2019 1:10 PM

R102 millions of people voted for a has-been reality TV celebrity and you think American voters aren't shallow?

by Anonymousreply 103February 19, 2019 2:10 PM

But Trump is utterly hideous, the ugliest president we've had in several decades. He is evidence that looks matter to very few people when they vote.

by Anonymousreply 104February 19, 2019 2:13 PM

Annie Leibovitz: "Trump is a poor person's idea of a rich person". Shallow Americans love fantasizing about people they think are rich. He's old and ugly but he's married to a hooker. Classy. What rednecks aspire to.

by Anonymousreply 105February 19, 2019 2:29 PM

Is a scenario where Beto doesn't run, but makes an alliance with one of the Democratic candidates, possible? A scenario where he would campaign in support of one of the Democratic candidates in the hope of gaining the VP spot?

by Anonymousreply 106February 19, 2019 8:47 PM

You mean Fran Lebowitz, R105?

by Anonymousreply 107February 19, 2019 9:00 PM

Yes R107. Too many Lebow/Leibov - itzes.

Beto received an award in El Paso today, made a speech and reporters were asking him about running. He said he'll give his decision by end of the month. He said he's considering the Presidential election and the Senate and somebody asked him if he would accept a VP nod and he said he's not taking anything off the table. He also reacted to Bernie Sanders' entry and said he welcomed it, it's good for democracy.

by Anonymousreply 108February 19, 2019 9:21 PM

Thanks for the update, R108.

by Anonymousreply 109February 19, 2019 10:02 PM

There are certain posters on this thread who really, really don't want Beto to run. Can't imagine why.

LOL Of course I can!

by Anonymousreply 110February 20, 2019 12:59 PM

Politico has an article today about how Russian interference is up and running against 3 candidates: Beto, Kamala and Warren.

by Anonymousreply 111February 20, 2019 3:43 PM

Beto is ON THE RECORD, saying he is considering g running for Senate instead of president. So sorry to the Garrett Haake lover here but he is indeed seriously considering a Senate run

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112February 20, 2019 6:36 PM

He said a presidential run is being considered too.

by Anonymousreply 113February 20, 2019 8:20 PM

Beto was just being coy. He's not holding out until the end of February just to announce another Senate run, that's for sure. He's still seriously considering a run for president, and if it happens, that will be bad news for some of the current candidates who have recently joined the race.

by Anonymousreply 114February 21, 2019 12:02 AM

[quote]Say what you want about Bernie bros, they could be garbage people, but they acted like that because they think thats how they can get healthcare to poor people. The Beto folks are just acting like this out of horniness. It's sad

This x 💯 %

The Bernie bros had ideology. They were purists, idealistic with very noble, although sometimes unrealistic, causes marred by their rabid intolerance and Bernie or bust tunnel vision.

Beto’s fans have nothing but their frankly pathetic and embarrassing sexual infatuation with this archetypal AWG (I honestly don’t see the alleged “hotness”, though I get the appeal of a youngish, cool, friendly, laidback dude that skateboards). This is why I’m glad DL type gays are too few to impact elections because these brain dead, shallow queens are the same ones that were drooling over, and likely voted for, another AWG in Paul Ryan back in 2012. Make me want to vomit 🤮 🤢 .

Beto fans, unfortunately seem to be on the same cult like trajectory as the Bernie bros, only without the substance. They’re like the fanatical, hormonal teenage girls who were screaming that The Boston bomber is innocent because he was photogenic and looked hot on the cover of Rolling Stone. You’ll be shocked that some of these fangurly queens are actually middle aged white guys and I think they shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near an election booth.

by Anonymousreply 115February 21, 2019 1:18 PM

Eloquently put R115

by Anonymousreply 116February 21, 2019 2:02 PM

Well, no gay man has ever fantasized about Bernie Sanders R115. No doubt about that.

by Anonymousreply 117February 21, 2019 3:40 PM

My biggest problem will be if Beto doesn't run who will be my second choice? I don't know, I haven't given a lot of thought to it; I really want Beto to run.

But if he doesn't, maybe BIden? Maybe Kamala? Definitely not Bernie...ecch.

by Anonymousreply 118February 21, 2019 4:31 PM

I would go with Biden. R118. I don’t know. I’ll be happy to vote for whoever wins the nomination in the end. Voting blue no matter who.

And no, R115, you’re wrong. Nice try, though. And it’s nice that your friends below you have propped you up—just like we learned yesterday is part of the targeted disinformation campaigns launched against 4 Democratic hopefuls including Beto. The trolls will latch on to one person’s comment and bolster it to give it the impression of true “virality”.

Beyond tedious. Your efforts on Datalounge will be for naught, but knock yourselves out. If Beto runs, he will become even more of a rock star, at Obama-like levels. That is ALL that matters. Who inspires the greatest number of people to get out and vote. That includes women—suburban women, black women—and Millennials most importantly. Gay men will play a very small role.

by Anonymousreply 119February 21, 2019 4:39 PM

I'm not a troll. I am the poster R115 quoted and I appreciated him explaining my sentiment in a more detailed and articulate way.

Beto is polling at about 6-8%. There are many millions of democrats who don't have him as a first choice. You need to accept and get over that.

And again most voters are not as shallow as you are. Most presidents have not been especially attractive. Many have been quite ugly like the current one. So you pretending Beto's attractiveness is some secret weapon dems would be stupid not to use just isn't backed by any evidence.

by Anonymousreply 120February 21, 2019 6:43 PM

Those polls you cite are based on name recognition. Pollsters have said this numerous times and it’s OBVIOUS because every time someone new announces (Warren, Harris), they either get a major boost in polling numbers or they take the top spot. I imagine SANDERS will eclipse Biden now. Solely because Sanders has just announced.

And if Beto runs, he is likely to take the top spot as more voters become aware of him.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121February 21, 2019 7:16 PM

When they poll "Democrats" they poll people who answer landlines. Who answers landlines? Old people. They've heard of Biden, Bernie and Warren. Not so much the others.

by Anonymousreply 122February 21, 2019 7:18 PM

I'd love to see his home in Architectural Digest. I wonder what it looks like.

by Anonymousreply 123February 21, 2019 7:33 PM

He bought a dilapidated old house in Sunset Heights where Pancho Villa had lived at one point. They renovated it. This is the house they used to live in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124February 21, 2019 8:11 PM

R124, is his current home similar to that previous one? It's so normal.

by Anonymousreply 125February 21, 2019 8:13 PM

No, it's Spanish style, Old Mexican with courtyards.

by Anonymousreply 126February 21, 2019 8:32 PM

Here's Beto's house. They renovated it. Architect was Henry Trost.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127February 21, 2019 10:04 PM

R122, real polling firms do not use only landlines anymore.

Does it strike anyone else as rather telling that the two straight white men who haven't announced they are running are the preferred candidates among the overwhelmingly white and male posters here at DL? (In case you are ever wondering what half the women in the country are mad at later on during the primaries.)

by Anonymousreply 128February 22, 2019 4:20 AM

How exactly do we know who DL's preferred candidates are? Has anyone done a poll?

by Anonymousreply 129February 22, 2019 4:37 AM

R129, I can read. Go into any of the political threads. They've made it pretty clear.

by Anonymousreply 130February 22, 2019 4:39 AM

Oh, dearie me, the gay men of the DL prefer the hot guy (Beto) to the closet case (Booker) and the gay guy who looks like Mr. Bean (Mayor Pete). Shocking.

by Anonymousreply 131February 22, 2019 3:11 PM

Oh gosh, that house is ... Ok, if they love it.

by Anonymousreply 132February 22, 2019 3:26 PM

A hot guy who’s shown he can get out the vote, R131. Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 133February 22, 2019 3:27 PM

Yeah, R133, like Barack Obama.

by Anonymousreply 134February 22, 2019 4:28 PM

[quote]He bought a dilapidated old house in Sunset Heights where Pancho Villa had lived at one point.

Jesus Christ! I guess it’s fate. You cannot make this type of narrative up.

He was born with a star of a leader. 🌟

by Anonymousreply 135February 22, 2019 5:59 PM

Is it just me or does that house look like the Alamo?

by Anonymousreply 136February 22, 2019 6:01 PM

It does a little. It's got the 'classic' Spanish mission look you find all over the Southwest.

by Anonymousreply 137February 22, 2019 6:11 PM

We should know this week, one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 138February 24, 2019 6:02 PM

Oprah played the hour-long interview with Beto today on OWN. Great interview. He's dynamite and it's pretty obvious Oprah loves him. Maybe he and Oprah can run together?

by Anonymousreply 139February 24, 2019 7:21 PM

He was so fantastic on Oprah. I don't know how any Democrat could not support him and at least hope that he runs. Oprah was putting the hard sell on him. He has more charisma than the rest of the flipping field combined, not only from this election cycle but from the previous election cycle. If you haven't watched the show, you need to. The earnestness is positively Mr. Smith like. He makes you feel positive when there isn't any reason to in this political climate. That's quite a gift. The dichotomy of him on a stage with Drumpf would be unescapable. Independents are going to flock to him.

I'm going to be SO disappointed if he doesn't run. And win.

BTW, Oprah was also fantastic interviewing him.

by Anonymousreply 140February 24, 2019 9:53 PM

I’m sure our resident Beto-haters will disagree, R140.

For someone who doesn’t have access to the OWN Network, how can we watch?

I really thought this was supposed to air last weekend, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 141February 24, 2019 10:27 PM

I think it was on last weekend as well, R141. You might check out the OWN site to see if it is there.

by Anonymousreply 142February 24, 2019 10:38 PM

Last weekend Oprah showed just excerpts from the conversation. This was the full interview today. Does Oprah put these up on some website? Funny watching Bradley Cooper in the audience, hanging on Beto's every word.

by Anonymousreply 143February 24, 2019 11:15 PM

There is an OWN app and you can also go to www.oprah.com and see when/if the full episode gets posted there.

by Anonymousreply 144February 25, 2019 4:03 AM

thanks

by Anonymousreply 145February 25, 2019 4:08 AM

I started watching the full episode on her website but it “crashed” my Safari browser twice and then I gave up. I only made it as far as him discussing whether or not he’ll run, maybe 2/3 of the way through.

Watching it, I can understand why people think he’s an “empty suit” because he doesn’t talk about specific policy proposals, doesn’t get into the weeds about details. But I can also see him appealing to broad, vast swaths of the electorate because he is such a goddamn rock star. He just seems like a cool dad, quite a bit like Obama, and obviously intelligent and thoughtful.

You have to remember that charisma and a feeling of “this is a good man, I just like him” is enough to sway most voters, especially clueless ones, independents, the dreaded undecideds, etc. Most voters don’t pay very close attention, as we see time and again. I’m not saying it would be a mistake to vote for him— I’m sure he’ll have great plans and be very cautious about details and implementation. I’m just saying he appeals to the right people, the same types who loved JFK, Clinton, Obama.

by Anonymousreply 146February 25, 2019 4:09 AM

I don't think he is an empty suit at all; he just knows that showing charisma and passion will sway a lot more voters than sitting their pontificating about wonky policies. He'll have time to discuss specifics in the debates. For now, he needs to reach people emotionally. He's got it going on nearly as much as Obama.

by Anonymousreply 147February 25, 2019 4:26 AM

Oh I totally agree, R147, I’m just trying to imagine what the asshole Bernie/AOC contingent sees when they watch him speak, if they ever even do.

by Anonymousreply 148February 25, 2019 4:31 AM

Bernie and AOC are not even Democrats. They are the far left Tea Party trying to take over the Democratic Party because it is easier to do that than getting a new party off the ground.

by Anonymousreply 149February 25, 2019 4:34 AM

R149 exactly

by Anonymousreply 150February 25, 2019 2:21 PM

R149 is an idiot of course AOC is a democrat. She ran in the dem primary

by Anonymousreply 151February 25, 2019 2:34 PM

R151 = AOC trolling the DL

by Anonymousreply 152February 25, 2019 3:41 PM

Yes R152 clearly stating obvious facts makes you a troll

by Anonymousreply 153February 25, 2019 3:42 PM

So has anybody heard anything about a major announcement coming from Beto this week?

He said he would decide if he was running for president by the end of February, and that's on Thursday.

Just wondering...

by Anonymousreply 154February 25, 2019 11:46 PM

He just sent out emails asking people on his email donors list which issues they felt were most important.

by Anonymousreply 155February 26, 2019 4:21 AM

Next email. Red or blue tie? No tie? (DL votes for shirtless!)

That's kind of ridiculous, R155. Why are they pretending they don't have extensive polling data on that? It's a little too "Mayberry Town Hall".

by Anonymousreply 156February 26, 2019 5:56 AM

If you have to say you're not a cult you probably are.

by Anonymousreply 157February 26, 2019 9:46 AM

He should be telling us if he's running in two days or so.

by Anonymousreply 158February 26, 2019 3:27 PM

Okay, R157. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 159February 26, 2019 8:18 PM

They note that he didn't take PAC money. The "oil" donations are from industry workers (executives, etc.).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160February 26, 2019 8:31 PM

The fact that Oprah likes him doesn't do him any favors. She isn't the influential person she was 10-15 years ago. She's mostly seen as an out of touch rich woman who shills Mumbo-Jumbo, snake oil bullshit.

I like Beto, but he is not ready for this job. I hope he stays in Texas and runs for a senate seat again.

by Anonymousreply 161February 26, 2019 9:02 PM

He’s not going to, R161. It would be easier for him to win the Presidency than it would be for him to unseat John Cornyn. Nice try, though.

Kamala fan or Bernie cultist?

by Anonymousreply 162February 26, 2019 9:15 PM

Somehow I doubt r161 even really likes Beto.

Just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 163February 26, 2019 9:52 PM

I don't know enough about him to like or dislike. I try not to ride the tease train. I'll look over a candidate when they're in. I wish Martin O'Malley was running again. I thought for sure he would.

by Anonymousreply 164February 26, 2019 9:56 PM

[quote]Kamala fan or Bernie cultist?

Ay, please do not put Kamala supporters in the same basket with Bernie fans.

by Anonymousreply 165February 26, 2019 10:01 PM

R160 considering "large" donations to be over $200 is bullshit. Beto got a few donations (under $2700) from some people who identified as executives (IT Managers are executives, HR Managers are). So if people who work for the oil and gas industry (325K people in Texas do) can't donate - then they shouldn't be able to vote either.

Massive bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 166February 26, 2019 10:19 PM

If and when he announces he’s not gonna get a 20-point jump. It’s shaping up to be a Biden-Bernie contest for the soul of the Democratic Party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167February 26, 2019 10:54 PM

They have a soul?

by Anonymousreply 168February 26, 2019 10:55 PM

LOL Biden has no chance 🤣

by Anonymousreply 169February 26, 2019 10:55 PM

The battle for the “soul” was previewed four years ago and it’s happening. Unfortunately it’s between two old white men.

by Anonymousreply 170February 26, 2019 10:57 PM

If he runs I believe Biden will be the nominee. The first set of primaries the vagina vote is going to be split. Which pretty much makes it a Biden vs. Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 171February 26, 2019 10:58 PM

No lol Biden record is TERRIBLE for the modern dem party and he's never faced even one attack ad on it. He will crumble.

by Anonymousreply 172February 26, 2019 10:59 PM

[quote]LOL Biden has no chance

He’s polling better than everyone else without even entering, Yevgeny. I’ll need you to start working overtime from now on.

by Anonymousreply 173February 26, 2019 11:01 PM

R173 The primaries are more than a year away. Want to know the names of other people polling at the top this far out? In 2008 it was Clinton and Giuliani. People were certain they would face each other in the general. Neither was the nominee. In 2012 Rick Perry was an early front runner and collapsed completely as soon as he had to be on the debate stage. You can go back to every primary and find the same pattern.

When people start attacking Biden for the Iraq war vote and the Anita hill hearings he's done

by Anonymousreply 174February 26, 2019 11:14 PM

R173 The primaries are more than a year away. Want to know the names of other people polling at the top this far out? In 2008 it was Clinton and Giuliani. People were certain they would face each other in the general. Neither was the nominee. In 2012 Rick Perry was an early front runner and collapsed completely as soon as he had to be on the debate stage. You can go back to every primary and find the same pattern.

When people start attacking Biden for the Iraq war vote and the Anita hill hearings he's done

by Anonymousreply 175February 26, 2019 11:19 PM

One can only hope that Biden and Bernie kick the bucket before 2020.

by Anonymousreply 176February 26, 2019 11:56 PM

I don't get the appeal of Biden. He already tried to run for the nomination 2 other times, he lost badly both times.

What makes him so appealing now that he wins every poll so far?

I'm sticking with Beto, unless he decides not to run.

by Anonymousreply 177February 27, 2019 12:08 AM

R177, I think it's pretty obvious what people who go on and on only about Beto or Biden are thinking.

"Well, if it's not Biden, I'm for Beto!"

"If Beto decides not to run, I'm all in for Biden!!"

You see it all over. There's only one thing they have in common with each other and it just happens to be the same thing they have in common with the people who say those things...white and male.

by Anonymousreply 178February 27, 2019 3:54 AM

I bet Beto announces on 2/28 or 3/1. Thursday or Friday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179February 27, 2019 5:17 AM

I see the Beto-hater whom I had to block is still posting almost obsessively.

by Anonymousreply 180February 27, 2019 6:29 AM

You really don't see the Bernbro cult equivalency in your post, R180? The obsessive is in the mirror, bro.

by Anonymousreply 181February 27, 2019 6:38 AM

It's getting fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182February 27, 2019 7:12 AM

Beto Meato. No way

by Anonymousreply 183February 27, 2019 9:10 AM

I see the Russians are all over trashing Harris, Beto, and oddly enough Castro ( lol). I guess they are warming up for Michael Cohen later today. Just block them fellow DLers, today is a big day with the Michael testimony.

by Anonymousreply 184February 27, 2019 1:03 PM

Beto is probably the best looking man in politics

by Anonymousreply 185February 27, 2019 1:13 PM

I think he'll announce on Saturday. He should do it in front of all the razor wire Trump set up in the streets of El Paso - one of the safest cities in the US.

by Anonymousreply 186February 27, 2019 5:29 PM

[quote]Beto is probably the best looking man in politics

C’mon. Just stop with this exaggeration of AWGs. He’s decidedly average. And before you say it, I’m not anti-white. I can tell a man like Adam Kinzinger is handsome. Beto is nice and a cool.

by Anonymousreply 187February 27, 2019 5:31 PM

Beto is WAY hotter than Adam, who I would just call basically handsome.

Beto is taller, more tan, has a deeper sexier voice, and seems to have the perfect tight body

by Anonymousreply 188February 27, 2019 5:33 PM

[quote]I see the Russians are all over trashing Harris, Beto, and oddly enough Castro ( lol)

The person Boris and Natasha don’t want is Biden. He’ll go HAM on Russia.

by Anonymousreply 189February 27, 2019 5:33 PM

R189 based on what?

by Anonymousreply 190February 27, 2019 5:34 PM

Point is, r188, unlike you,I don’t care about any politciian’s looks and most certainly wouldn’t vote for them based on it.

by Anonymousreply 191February 27, 2019 5:36 PM

I'm not voting for Beto R191 so calm down. In fact, I have been called an anti-Beto troll by many on this thread. I just also find him exceptionally attractive. And this is Datalounge so I'm gonna talk about it

by Anonymousreply 192February 27, 2019 5:39 PM

Well tomorrow is the end of the month, but he should hold off a week or two to keep Biden at arm's length. I also see Eric Swalwell is tarting to released little videos about many issues which tell me he is running too.

Swalwell/O'Rourke ticket please.

by Anonymousreply 193February 27, 2019 5:40 PM

A shocker, another attractive white man that's Beto fans don't mind running.

Again, the country at large is not as shallow in its voting habits as some on this thread are

by Anonymousreply 194February 27, 2019 5:48 PM

Are you shaming gays for finding men attractive R194? On Dataloungers of all places?

lol, get some smelling salts dear. Wait till the primaries begin and all the porn gifs, circle jerks, and love letters to various hot politicians start raining in.

by Anonymousreply 195February 27, 2019 6:09 PM

I'm shaming a few people here for repeated insisting only a handsome white man can be the democratic nominee. Which is indeed embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 196February 27, 2019 6:12 PM

I NEED BETO NUDES

by Anonymousreply 197February 27, 2019 6:14 PM

Bernie and Biden are too old with way too much baggage which the GOP will yank out of their closets. All the women running have issues that will end their campaigns. There is no current candidate who has declared who can take Trump down. Certainly not closet case Booker. I'm pinning my hopes on Beto.

by Anonymousreply 198February 27, 2019 7:39 PM

Beto's running!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199February 27, 2019 9:42 PM

That is beautiful, R199.

Now to backtrack and find all the DLers who said “He’s not running” or “He’s running for Senate again”.

Three of my favorite words are ‘told’, ‘ya’, and ‘so’.

by Anonymousreply 200February 27, 2019 9:46 PM

He came within 2.5% of getting Cruz fired. Cruz has a higher approval rating (among the clinically insane) in Texas than Trump does. Trump's at 41% now. Beto can carry Texas. A Democrat who can carry Texas ends up in the Oval Office.

by Anonymousreply 201February 27, 2019 10:06 PM

Agreed. If there is a Dem who can carry Texas, it's over no matter what the idiots in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or Michigan do.

by Anonymousreply 202February 27, 2019 10:33 PM

[quote] If there is a Dem who can carry Texas, it's over no matter what the idiots in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or Michigan do.

This is probably true, but also a very risky strategy

by Anonymousreply 203February 27, 2019 10:34 PM

And Beto wouldn 't even necessarily have to campaign in Texas - he just did every fucking county, every fucking little town in the state. Everybody knows him.

by Anonymousreply 204February 27, 2019 10:41 PM

I wonder if Obama is working with Beto behind the scenes and the reason Biden is pussyfooting around is they are waiting on Beto. If Beto doesn't run, Biden will. If Beto runs, Biden won't.

by Anonymousreply 205February 27, 2019 11:51 PM

All Obama's closest advisors (Axelrod, Plouffe, all the Pod Save America guys) have pretty much tipped their hands for Beto.

by Anonymousreply 206February 28, 2019 12:12 AM

r204, He still better campaign in Texas. He doesn't want to lose his own state; ask Al Gore what that feels like.

by Anonymousreply 207February 28, 2019 1:17 AM

Go BETO! I hope this is true!

by Anonymousreply 208February 28, 2019 1:18 AM

I wonder if Oprah would be willing to be VP: she wouldn't have to campaign through the primaries, she would be great in the ultimate Presidential campaign. If you watch the Beto on Oprah show, they had fantastic chemistry together. Gayle has made no secret of how much she likes Beto.

by Anonymousreply 209February 28, 2019 1:34 AM

Beto/Oprah is too much to hope for.

by Anonymousreply 210February 28, 2019 1:42 AM

To the Beto lovers. Can you name ANY reason you want him to be president besides looks and charisma? Anything?

by Anonymousreply 211February 28, 2019 1:52 AM

Yay for all the white men running, or potentially running, for President! We lost the white male vote in 2016 and need to get them back to win the White House in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 212February 28, 2019 1:55 AM

R211, have you watched him speak at all? Either one of his Texas debates or his Oprah interview? How can you not see the potential in him?

by Anonymousreply 213February 28, 2019 2:03 AM

And you dismiss charisma like it's nothing and everyone has it. That is so far from the truth. Did Hillary's charisma knock you out? You don't think that might have helped? Haven't you noticed how real-life people who have charisma can get by with a lot and still come out smelling like a rose?

by Anonymousreply 214February 28, 2019 2:06 AM

[quote]I wonder if Obama is working with Beto behind the scenes

He isn't.

Unsurprisingly enough, Obama people have put their marbles on Cory Booker and Amy Klobuchar or have remained in the background. Beto's people are coming out of the Southwest.

by Anonymousreply 215February 28, 2019 2:09 AM

Democrats have not won the white in 50 years. Not once in any national election since the civil rights act was passed. Not once.

Ee aren't going to win it in 2020. That I'd a fact. And pretending Beto will magically deliver it delusion. Democrats win by turning out minority voters and very liberal whites. Beto is neither of those things. He is a good person but not the right person to lead the country or the party

by Anonymousreply 216February 28, 2019 2:10 AM

R213 that's exactly what I'm talking about. I ask for a single positive quality you have besides looks and charisma. And the first thing you think of as an example is charisma.

Of course it's important. But obviously you need more than that to effectively run a country and lead people.

by Anonymousreply 217February 28, 2019 2:13 AM

r211, Why should we have to defend who we want to run for the nomination any more than you have to defend who you want (since it's clearly not Beto)? We just have a good feeling about him and think he could go all the way, and that's what this is all about, someone who can BEAT Trump in 2020.

Got it now?

by Anonymousreply 218February 28, 2019 2:14 AM

At least he'll seal Bernie's fate ! I hope he runs.

by Anonymousreply 219February 28, 2019 2:14 AM

Beto is more conservative than 75% of the Democrats in Congress and 100% of the other Democrats running for president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220February 28, 2019 2:15 AM

R217, I didn't start with charisma at all. I asked if you had watched him speak for a while. I wasn't asking because of charisma, I was asking because he comes across as intelligent and knowledgeable and passionate and as someone with ideas. You're apparently rejecting him out of hand because you support someone else. Biden, I take it?

by Anonymousreply 221February 28, 2019 2:22 AM

But I can defend the people I like. It's not remotely difficult.

I became really impressed with Cory Booker when he passed criminal justice reform. That was a heavy lift and something people have failed at for years. He was a dogged in fighting for it.

Kamala Harris actually instituted a lot of policies I care about as AG. Like community policing and helping convicts earn GEDs. I also think California has been a leader in immigration policy and she will bring those policies nationwide.

Elizabeth Warren spent DECADES before she was a politician advocating for the working poor and trying to make society more equitable. And she exposed a lot of corruption in government.

Those are reasons I would consider voting for them for president. There's not any positive case any one on this thread has even tried to make for Beto. We just need to accept that hes so hot, he can't possibly lose the election so he must be president. What he actually does as president doesn't seem to matter to any of you.

by Anonymousreply 222February 28, 2019 2:22 AM

R221 someone coming across well to total strangers is literally the definition of charisma

by Anonymousreply 223February 28, 2019 2:23 AM

I think the anti-Beto troll is the same poster who accuses all the men here of being sexist and misogynists.

I can only guess who she's supporting...

by Anonymousreply 224February 28, 2019 2:24 AM

I am far from the only person posting here who isn't supporting Beto for president. And I listed 3 people I am supporting above. There's no need to guess.

by Anonymousreply 225February 28, 2019 2:25 AM

R225, do you honestly believe that Cory Booker or Elizabeth Warren stand a chance?! Please. They are running out of ego and desire, not out of reality.

by Anonymousreply 226February 28, 2019 2:31 AM

They are running because they want to make the world a better place and already have. Beto is the one running out of ego. He has never done something make a difference in his life. All the other candidates did those things BEFORE running for president. You want to give Beto the presidency and just hope he does those things.

by Anonymousreply 227February 28, 2019 2:39 AM

I notice the fans are just ignoring the conservative voting record linked at R220.

by Anonymousreply 228February 28, 2019 2:41 AM

I notice that Donald Trump wants to turn the country into an authoritarian dictatorship, with the help of Russia, North Korea and Mike Pence's orthodox Christians, which will put gays, women and minorities in figurative or literal cages, R228.

Beto is not 1/1000000000 of that, and don't even try to draw a false equivalence, because you are and will continue to be a laughable failure. Vlad.

by Anonymousreply 229February 28, 2019 2:48 AM

Finally the Beto fans day of reckoning. Will he get a 20-point jump in the polls after announcing like they all said he would? If he doesn’t, Joseph Robinette (😆) Biden Jr is your nominee.

Seriously, this is Uncle Joe’s race to lose and he’s the only one that can steal some Drumpf voters and get dirty with him.

by Anonymousreply 230February 28, 2019 3:36 AM

The Anti-Beto troll is a crazy loon. When he asks people to justify their preference for Beto, what he actually means is to [bold]justify it to him[/bold]. It's the equivalent of talking to a bot. There is no substance behind their objection, there is only the need to sow chaos. Just block and go with supporting your candidate, whoever that is.

Anyway, here's Beto

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231February 28, 2019 3:51 AM

OMG, look at that ass. When he lifts his buns in order to pedal hmmmm

He's an all American boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232February 28, 2019 4:00 AM

OMG DAT ASS!!

by Anonymousreply 233February 28, 2019 4:13 AM

Thank you for that video. Mmm Beto butt.

Listen, just block the fucking anti Beto nut. I’m not interested in other nominees, but I don’t go to the threads devoted to them and try to stoke division or challenge the supporters of those candidates. It’s just a pathetic, trollish thing to do. I blocked such people starting on the BETO 2020 BETO 2020 BET0 2020 Thread Part One, and I’m so glad I did.

Nothing you say will ever be good enough, they’ll just keep needling you. Block and forget. Fuck em.

by Anonymousreply 234February 28, 2019 4:16 AM

Agreed, R234. Works like a charm. Let them type in to the void.

by Anonymousreply 235February 28, 2019 4:17 AM

An all white male ticket is the path to guaranteed success. They'll also bring in the swing voters down ticket which will be so important. Minorities won't be voting for the GOP. They're Democrats. They're not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 236February 28, 2019 4:23 AM

I’ve been saying exactly that since 2016, r236. I’m surprised more people don’t get it. This is not the time to play around with identity politics and “WE NEED A WOMAN OF COLOR AS PRESIDEEEEEEENT" and all the rest of it. Moderate Democrats like Conor Lamb win the suburbs. We need Beto for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 237February 28, 2019 4:29 AM

He needs to tack left if he's going to have a decent shot at the nomination. Just lean somewhat firmly left for the nomination process, and then head back center for the general election. That said, I think he'll end up VP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238February 28, 2019 4:54 AM

How will Biden handle Hunter's difficulties? They know it's going to be something Trump is going to mock him over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239February 28, 2019 4:57 AM

R236 = another troll but now taking a different route. Blocked.

Beto is just dreamy. God I would slup the cum out of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240February 28, 2019 5:09 AM

R240, I don’t think R236 was trolling. Either way—he was leaving a pro-Beto message, so... cool!

I’ve been so distracted by Michael Cohen today I haven’t even had a chance to properly appreciate this glorious news that Beto will be announcing soon...

by Anonymousreply 241February 28, 2019 5:18 AM

[quote]Either way—he was leaving a pro-Beto message, so... cool!

And who cares how sexist or racist that message is, as long as it leads to comments about "sluping" Beto! Beeeeettttttoooooooo!

by Anonymousreply 242February 28, 2019 5:51 AM

Any poll jump yet?

by Anonymousreply 243February 28, 2019 11:24 AM

[quote] All male, all white is the way to go

And this sums up this entire thread. These people are no friends of democrats. Each one mindlessly praising Beto would vote for Trump in a heartbeat if he was good looking.

by Anonymousreply 244February 28, 2019 11:35 AM

Fuck off r244, I'd rather be drawn and quartered than vote for Trump or any Republican.

Stop ASSuming you know everything about everybody because you haven't a clue.

by Anonymousreply 245February 28, 2019 12:43 PM

r236 was a troll and he/she was being facetious.

by Anonymousreply 246February 28, 2019 1:09 PM

I really don't think some of Beto's supporters hear how they come across.

Saying that you shouldn't have to provide any justification for why you support a person and also saying anyone that criticizes that choice should be blocked does sound cult-ish. It doesn't sound all that different from how celebrities talk about Scientology

by Anonymousreply 247February 28, 2019 1:25 PM

r247, Why should Beto supporters have to support our choice anymore than Kamala Harris supporters or Bernie supporters have to support theirs? I don't see anybody on their threads questioning their choice for president; it's just some how assumed that their choice is worthy of being a presidential candidate while I see numerous posters on this board questioning everything from Beto's experience to his intelligence as a reason why he shouldn't be considered. Double standard much?

I can see already these presidential primaries are going to be a fun time for all.

by Anonymousreply 248February 28, 2019 1:30 PM

Shouldn't he run for governor and win that office first? The best training for President is having served as a governor.

by Anonymousreply 249February 28, 2019 1:38 PM

[quote] I don't see anybody on their threads questioning their choice for president

But see that's just not true. The other presidential threads are filled with people arguing over the other candidates. Criticizing Kamala and Warren for being too far left in their platforms to give just one example. And their defenders take it as a given that they have to defend their support for their candidates. Every other thread has been like that except for a few started by right wing trolls. I comment on every dem primary thread I come across regardless of the candidate.

It's only on this thread people say they shouldn't have to give any justification and anyone who even asks for one should be blocked all together. That's kind of cult like

by Anonymousreply 250February 28, 2019 1:38 PM

r239, Let Trump try. Unlike a lot of the other Democratic candidates, BIden won't be afraid to bitch slap Trump right back and there's plenty of material there in Trump's own family to go after.

by Anonymousreply 251February 28, 2019 1:47 PM

Remember, in the 2018 midterms, Beto refused to endorse lesbian Air Force veteran and intelligence officer Gina Ortiz Jones for the one House district on the southern border with a GOP incumbent, Bill Hurd (TX-23), because he's personal friends with Bill Hurd.

He couldn't separate personal ties from the survival of our democracy. And I don't think it's fair to say "What does it matter? Democrats were guaranteed to win the House." Most of us didn't take that for granted at any point, even in the first hours of the vote count; every inch mattered on the battlefield.

He calls this sort of thing being independent-minded, and he's saying in that case, with Hurd, he appreciated Hurd's supposed bipartisanship (Hurd voted for the tax cut, and aims to repeal the ACA, though to be fair he did vote against the most recent Obamacare repeal bill — but Hurd thus far has voted 83% of the time with Trump, according to FiveThirtyEight) and wished to maintain his friendship with Hurd (couldn't separate politics with friendship when it was arguably appropriate). Maybe, but I value knowing how to play on a team. Teamwork still matters.

I started the original Beto 2020 thread (I wanted him to be the presidential nominee AND I "want[ed] his dick"), but at the time I was unaware of his refusal to endorse Jones.

I don't trust him (yet) to fight for many of the most ambitious goals of progressive Democrats, and I'm not even a progressive Democrat: I'm whatever is between being a moderate and progressive Democrat (e.g., I'm against affirmative action at least in education, I support a hardline stance against our foreign enemies and the original, defunct Trans-Pacific Partnership, but I support working on a Green New Deal and a 70% marginal tax rate for incomes over $10 million), but I believe that at least for negotiation purposes, should Dems win, we must anchor our legislative and policy negotiations significantly to the left. I don't know that Beto will come in any negotiation ready to take a strongly left position at the start of any negotiation: he might label such standard negotiating behavior as "game-playing" and "not negotiating in good faith." He might see shifting the Overton window left as "bad-faith manipulation" or "playing games" with our positions (as if everyone should come into every negotiation revealing their bottom lines; as if accepting the central role of game theory in legislating is "cheating").

I want to know he'll jettison his informal ties with the fossil fuel industry . Yes, I know that he accepted no PAC money from oil companies, and only received individual donations from industry employees, but when you know that some of the most ambitious but still feasible environmental policies advocated by members of your party will hurt a major industry of your home state (and its employees, who'll have to retrain or move on), you're liable to be open to watering down those initiatives in the name of "compromise," regardless of any majorities in the House and Senate you have.

(cont'd)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252February 28, 2019 2:33 PM

(cont'd)

Also, I'd like to hear how he'll deal with Russia. I don't want anything similar to Jimmy Carter: I want someone who'll aim at defeating our foreign enemies (durable containment, etc.), not just learning to live with their interference in our domestic affairs and thwarting of most of our traditional/previously bipartisan foreign policy goals (e.g., commitments to NATO and its expansion; defense of Japan, Korea, and Taiwan; and maybe non-financial (diplomatic) support for Israel, but maybe greater openness to changing policies towards Saudi Arabia and other bad actors) But yes, I understand that anything from the Democrats is better than Trump when it comes to Russia.

Even worse, but less likely, I fear that he would be opening to reining-in the DOJ from prosecuting Trump, his entities, family, associates, etc. for every single crime they've committed both in and out of office, which aren't outside their statutes of limitations. I want him to direct significant resources to investigations and prosecutions. Worst-case, he drops it all in the name of "national healing" or "moving on."

Still lots to learn about, and I'm keeping an open, but wary stance (remember and critical mind.

Bill Hurd's (TX-23) 83% alignment with Trump at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253February 28, 2019 2:34 PM

So he endorsed a friend and not some lesbian he doesn't know? Hang him from the rafters!

Good God.

by Anonymousreply 254February 28, 2019 2:38 PM

Glib, R254.

by Anonymousreply 255February 28, 2019 2:39 PM

He endorsed someone who voted for the disastrous GOP tax cuts, and someone who wants to repeal the ACA, R254.

by Anonymousreply 256February 28, 2019 2:41 PM

About what it deserved r255.

by Anonymousreply 257February 28, 2019 2:41 PM

Ortiz Jones's policy priorities were known to Beto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258February 28, 2019 2:43 PM

The margin was close, and Beto's endorsement might have made the difference. A new career in the House would have been launched. Who knows where it could have led to, especially with the effect of synergies with other new female Democrats in the House that are currently in evidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259February 28, 2019 2:44 PM

[quote] some lesbian he doesn't know

Did you read this before posting it?

by Anonymousreply 260February 28, 2019 2:47 PM

R257, no, it didn't deserve it. Be fair-minded, instead of a blind fan.

Do you see any issues with Beto? Anything of concern? I'll suspect the answer is "No — he's great and he's going to win it." Compare that to examining his record and evaluating his commitment to the Democratic party's top priorities (e.g., keeping the ACA and fighting income inequality), the importance of which should at least be a factor in evaluating him.

You value friendship more than the enduring effect of legislation on one's constituents, and, you don't see how one can endorse a friend's electoral opponent while affirming that friendship.

Were you a defense attorney, would you take a case if you knew the prosecutor was a friend? I hope the answer is yes. Otherwise, you're a selfish child.

by Anonymousreply 261February 28, 2019 2:51 PM

I'm a Democrat and I would have voted for her, but Beto is good friends with Hurd and that's why I assume he went with him. He's entitled to support whoever he wants.

Either way, this is not persuading me to not support Beto so I'm not exactly sure what the point is.

by Anonymousreply 262February 28, 2019 2:52 PM

[quote] He's entitled to support whoever he wants.

R262, it's a free country, and to some of us his choices and record (cf. appearance, charisma, apparent character) provide valuable data in evaluating him as a presidential candidate.

[quote] Either way, this is not persuading me to not support Beto so I'm not exactly sure what the point is.

The "point" should at least be discernible, as long as you're of normal intelligence (i.e., have normal reading comprehension skills). It's just unpersuasive to you yourself.

Precision of language, please.

by Anonymousreply 263February 28, 2019 2:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264February 28, 2019 3:05 PM

Will he shoot to the top?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265February 28, 2019 3:34 PM

Damn, the Bernouts are overrunning Beto's twitter today. They're scared shitless he's going to eat into Bernie's base.

Quinnipiac came out with a Texas poll today. Beto and Biden are tied with Trump, Bernie's a point behind and Castro, Warren and Harris lag far behind Trump.

Texas is the key to winning this election - forget about the fucking Rust Belt. Beto can do it.

by Anonymousreply 266February 28, 2019 6:10 PM

Biden, Beto, Bernie, and trump are all in a statistical dead heat in TEXAS at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 267February 28, 2019 6:13 PM

Sorry r266 Datalounge was lagging like crazy and you beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 268February 28, 2019 6:14 PM

R246, no, I'm not a troll and I wasn't being facetious.

by Anonymousreply 269February 28, 2019 6:17 PM

R267 Yep - that is amazing. Texas will decide this election and when it goes blue, that's the end of the GOP.

As for Hurd vs. Jones (her name is Jones, not Ortiz), she's a Filippina carpetbagger, Hurd's a black Texan. Not surprising she couldn't beat him in a district that is heavily Hispanic and black. There's no Filippino constituency in Texas. Beto gave $1M to Lupe Valdez in her failed Governor's race. She's a lesbian Hispanic.

Hurd votes with Democrats on the wall, immigration and Trump's fake emergency. He has criticized Trump repeatedly, including in a NY Times op-ed, about his relations with Putin, calling him Putin's patsy.

by Anonymousreply 270February 28, 2019 6:18 PM

Ortiz Jones only got close because Beto surged at the end. The Democratic party gave up on her in the early fall and spent no money on her behalf.

by Anonymousreply 271February 28, 2019 6:21 PM

R270, I guess we love Hurd. He voted for the tax cuts, right? And wants to repeal the ACA? Just wanted to check. Is that fake news?

by Anonymousreply 272February 28, 2019 6:23 PM

Hurd won by fewer than 1000 votes. Hm. Beto momentum? Maybe. But would Beto's endorsement have meant she would have won? Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 273February 28, 2019 6:24 PM

Hurd's the last GOP in Texas we needed to take out. We needed to get rid of Sessions and Culberson and we did. That's 50 years of asshole Republicans with major power in the House down the drain. Pity that MJ couldn't take out fucking Carter. Now she's hinting she'll run for the Senate. Also Kim Olson who just missed out on Agriculture is also talking about running for Senate. So Joaquin Ortiz better put his Big Boy Pants on and try to run statewide or he'll be forever irrelevant.

Beto's coattails were majestic. If Jones couldn't win, it's on her - she was a lousy candidate. Thanks to Beto, enough Dem Senators were elected to the Texas Legislature to get the asshole Secretary of State who claimed 1 million illegals voted, kicked out. Yes!

by Anonymousreply 274February 28, 2019 6:29 PM

make that Joaquin CASTRO...

by Anonymousreply 275February 28, 2019 6:30 PM

[quote] Hurd's the last GOP in Texas we needed to take out.

Does his presence in the House help the Democrats?

How was Jones a lousy candidate? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 276February 28, 2019 6:33 PM

It sure as hell hurts the Republicans... and Hurd will eventually leave the GOP.

Jones barely campaigned. She just wanted her picture to be included in photo shoots of Diverse Lesbians Running for Congress. She figured her district being Hispanic and black of course they'd want a Filippina carpetbagger representing them....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277February 28, 2019 6:37 PM

What racist trash you are R277. Just say MAGA and be done with it

by Anonymousreply 278February 28, 2019 6:38 PM

[quote] She just wanted her picture to be included in photo shoots of Diverse Lesbians Running for Congress.

Did she say that, R277? How cynical — to go through a whole campaign, just because you want some press.

by Anonymousreply 279February 28, 2019 6:39 PM

R277, you're a strong arguer: I admire that.

That said, just wondering as I want to inform myself, is there anything about Beto with which you take issue? Any concerns about him?

by Anonymousreply 280February 28, 2019 6:43 PM

Ya I'm out. Deplorables can have this thread.

People who gleefully attack women of color, LGBT candidates, and praise republicans winning election are not democrats. No matter what they want to pretend to be on this site.

I hope everyone else can see the people pushing Beto. Old conservative white men who don't believe anyone except other conservative white men should hold office, unless they are republican apparently.

Thankfully the democratic electorate is nothing like these people

by Anonymousreply 281February 28, 2019 6:55 PM

R280 - I followed the campaign in Texas, there has never been a more grassroots campaign in political history. Beto gave 350+ Town Halls and after every one took an hour's worth of questions from supporters, from Republicans, from BernieBros, from hecklers. NOBODY else does that. Nobody.

We have to take Trump out. I have no confidence whatsoever in the others who have declared - especially not Bernie. And Biden's too fucking old and too fucking loopy. We cannot allow Trump to get 4 more years. He'll destroy the Republic.

The blue state Democrats have built-in issues: we have to get some crossover votes and they're used to catering only to Democrats. Kamala Harris didn't even run against a Republican when she won the Senate 2 years ago. Anybody who can run against the dirtiest campaigner in political history - Ted Cruz - and come within 2.4% of kicking him out despite all the lies, all the propaganda Cruz invented, is somebody to respect.

by Anonymousreply 282February 28, 2019 6:58 PM

R282, very erudite and helpful analysis. I totally agree with all of said, but is there anything at all you're concerned about with Beto?

I understand that the republic is in grave danger and his election as president would save it.

But is there ANYTHING about him that concerns you? Anything about his House votes, or his take on any issues?

by Anonymousreply 283February 28, 2019 7:02 PM

R283 this is why we have primaries. Beto being added to the mix will ensure that more voices are heard. That's what we need. California, New York and Massachusetts Democrats don't travel well in 'flyover country'. We need bitchy Amy and Beto in there too. Maybe Sherrod Brown too. For the time being all the Democrats are trying to out-left each other and I'm afraid they're living in a coastal bubble where they'll just hand Trump the election on a platter.

by Anonymousreply 284February 28, 2019 7:08 PM

I totally agree, R284, but I take it then that, at least for now, there's nothing about Beto that concerns you or with which you disagree? That's fine — just wanted to see if there are people out there who agree with him and his career 100% — just for now, of course. But please correct me if I'm incorrect, and at present you in fact do take issue with something Beto has said, done, etc.

You followed the election and no doubt know a lot about Beto, and if you have no disagreements with anything he's said or done, that's fine, as you no doubt have approached him granularly and know his career.

I agree, primaries are important, and if there are issues that pop up, I have no doubt you'll consider them with a fair mind.

Ok... this just popped into my head: say Beto is elected and the republic is saved. Is there anything in his past that you would then be more open to taking some issue with? That is, a position he's taken or something he's said or done that you'd like him to perhaps adjust, correct, etc.? We can ask this of any of the candidates, sure, but just with regard to Beto, is there any such action he's taken, words he's spoke or written that you think might be reconsidered or addressed, knowing that he's won?

by Anonymousreply 285February 28, 2019 7:26 PM

R284, to be fair, let me say, that I take issue with a number of things with each candidate. Here are examples, none of which are necessarily the most important matter with which I take issue with the candidate, but rather the first things that pop up in my head. Yes, each one has a number of explanations for each issue, but I'm just talking about what I'm concerned about going into the primaries. I won't mention any issue I might take with Beto, to keep the inquiry clean and not suggest anything to you.

Bernie - past opposition to gun control

Harris - prosecutorial career

Booker - Wall St financing

Klobuchar - alleged abuse of low-level employees

Biden - Anita Hill

Gillibrand - Al Franken

Warren - Native-American heritage claim

by Anonymousreply 286February 28, 2019 7:35 PM

Harris, Gillibrand and Booker’s newfound claims of running without PACs are a joke. They’ve received millions - Booker is the absolute worst. Beto founded the No PAC Caucus with Ro Khanna and has refused all PAC money since 2013. Bernie was still on the take till 2016.

by Anonymousreply 287February 28, 2019 7:50 PM

R287, aren't the three saying they won't take PAC money moving forward?

by Anonymousreply 288February 28, 2019 7:53 PM

[quote]Biden, Beto, Bernie, and trump are all in a statistical dead heat in TEXAS at the moment

and this is with Beto [bold]not being officially in the race[/bold].

He'll pull ahead once he announces.

by Anonymousreply 289February 28, 2019 8:24 PM

Yes, that’s true r289.

No one should feel like they have to answer questions like, “Is there anything you’re concerned about regarding Beto’s record?” It’s just a tool to try to dissuade you and others from voting for him. That’s what the entire agenda has been here from the Beto “skeptics”. Plant doubt, sow division.

“I just want to inform myself” [so I can troll more effectively].

Do not listen to these a-holes. One or two guys on this thread are dedicated to stopping Beto’s primary campaign. It couldn’t be more obvious. They’re pushing candidates who are 1) NOT polling well or 2) would have a very hard time in the primary defending their record and past behavior (Biden) or 3) would have no chance of winning moderates (Bernie).

DO NOT ENGAGE. Block & forget.

by Anonymousreply 290February 28, 2019 8:33 PM

^^^Clearly not a cultist

by Anonymousreply 291February 28, 2019 8:34 PM

Damn, on twitter the BernieBros, the Trumpsters and a few Irate Feminists are trolling Beto. He's scaring the shit outta them.

by Anonymousreply 292February 28, 2019 8:36 PM

I would rather be a Beto “cultist” than a troll. Blocking you as well now, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 293February 28, 2019 8:38 PM

OK, Beto's got the annoying Cyclists vote..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294February 28, 2019 9:17 PM

The answer is "there is nothing I disagree with or take issue with. Nothing."

by Anonymousreply 295February 28, 2019 9:20 PM

r292, Why would feminists be trolling Beto? What in the world do they have against him?

by Anonymousreply 296February 28, 2019 10:59 PM

They gotta have a woman President and dammit, they want her NOW!

by Anonymousreply 297February 28, 2019 11:36 PM

[quote] Irate Feminists are trolling Beto

[quote] She just wanted her picture to be included in photo shoots of Diverse Lesbians Running for Congress. She figured her district being Hispanic and black of course they'd want a Filippina carpetbagger representing them

[quote] This is not the time to play around with identity politics and “WE NEED A WOMAN OF COLOR AS PRESIDEEEEEEENT"

[quote] All male, all white is the way to go

LOL if anyone believes these people are democrats I've got a degree to Trump University to sell you. Every Beto "fan" on this thread voted for Trump. Theyre only pretending to support Beto because he's a white man and they think they can use him to create racial division like they do all over this site.

by Anonymousreply 298March 1, 2019 12:36 AM

Tomorrow's the day!!!

by Anonymousreply 299March 1, 2019 12:55 AM

R298 who did you vote for? Jill Stein.

by Anonymousreply 300March 1, 2019 12:57 AM

I not only voted for Hillary. I volunteered on her primary and general election campaigns. I met literally thousands of democrats from knocking on doors and going to events. So I can say pretty confidently that white people who dislike minorities, women, and LGBT people don't vote for democrats and have not for a long time. Why would they?

by Anonymousreply 301March 1, 2019 1:09 AM

R301 You.Are.On.The.Datalounge not The MarySue. We are gay men. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 302March 1, 2019 1:14 AM

Vast majority of gay men in this country are liberal, vote democrat, and support minorities and women. That's the entire dem coalition. I don't know if these trolls are gay or not, but they are absolutely and obviously right wingers. The mask has slipped several times now

by Anonymousreply 303March 1, 2019 1:18 AM

r299, he's announcing tomorrow? really? Fantastic!

by Anonymousreply 304March 1, 2019 1:22 AM

From CNN’s Chris Cilizza.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305March 1, 2019 1:25 AM

R303, no, I'm not right winger. I just recognize that an all white male ticket would still bring in the usual Democratic voters while also bringing in some of the independents and maybe a few stray Republicans not happy Trump.

by Anonymousreply 306March 1, 2019 1:27 AM

Cool! r305, thanks!

by Anonymousreply 307March 1, 2019 1:29 AM

Beto supports equal rights, gay rights, trans rights, women's rights - so the troll's only problem with him is he is a white guy (who happens to be hot) and gay men should prefer a female candidate.

Where's the eye roll emoji?

by Anonymousreply 308March 1, 2019 1:31 AM

[quote] all white male ticket would still bring in the usual Democratic voters

White men are democrats VERY WORST constituency. They are literally the opposite of usual democratic voters. Romney won white men by an margin 27 points! (While losing the election overall by 4 points)

I don't think its plausible that someone who lives in this country doesn't know that, which I why you seem like troll.

by Anonymousreply 309March 1, 2019 1:44 AM

Hmm Hillary won the presidency last time. Thank Russian and the GOP for stealing the election.

Not only will we have an invigorated Democratic Party in 2020, we will have a new generation voting in the presidential election for the first time since 2000.

Beto is the hottest ticket for VP and maybe he can go all the way.

by Anonymousreply 310March 1, 2019 1:45 AM

R309, Romney, a white man, won the white male vote by 27 points and you still want to argue having an all white ticket would be bad?

I'm done with you now.

by Anonymousreply 311March 1, 2019 1:49 AM

R311 did you miss the part where he lost the election?

by Anonymousreply 312March 1, 2019 1:50 AM

And what ticket won the 2016 election?

by Anonymousreply 313March 1, 2019 1:52 AM

VP r310? Beto's going for the top make no mistake about it.

And he could do it, he really could.

by Anonymousreply 314March 1, 2019 2:03 AM

I fearlessly predict Beto will get the Prez nom and he'll talk Oprah into being the Veep. Their chemistry on the Oprah Super Soul Conversations was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 315March 1, 2019 2:11 AM

[quotes]And what ticket won the 2016 election?

The Russian ticket?

by Anonymousreply 316March 1, 2019 2:26 AM

where do I donate for beto…...

by Anonymousreply 317March 1, 2019 2:28 AM

On CNN they said his website has just been changed from Beto For Texas. No donation site up yet.

by Anonymousreply 318March 1, 2019 2:43 AM

This is getting exciting!

by Anonymousreply 319March 1, 2019 2:44 AM

That isn't true, R318. I had just gone to check before coming back here and it's still Beto for Texas and reads Beto for Senate. Have to wait for tomorrow for the announcement and for it to switch. Hope he raises more in the first day than Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 320March 1, 2019 3:07 AM

r315, that would be great and I'm sure they would win, but why would Oprah have any desire to be VP?

by Anonymousreply 321March 1, 2019 3:13 AM

R320, he has now established a new domain, BetoORourke dot com.

Yes it still says Beto for Senate. It’s just leftover from his 2018 campaign. It’ll be updated soon.

Link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322March 1, 2019 3:36 AM

To the person or persons upthread arguing that it is UNWISE to have a white male at the top of the ticket: are you saying you think women and minorities will STAY HOME on Election Day November 2020 — the day that they finally have a chance to vote Trump out of office?

Is that what you’re suggesting?

by Anonymousreply 323March 1, 2019 3:38 AM

R323, what do you think happens if there's an all white male Democratic ticket and the other side is Trump/Haley (although I hope he's in prison or dead by 2020) or Pence/Haley or Romney/Haley? Stop taking women and their votes for granted at your own peril. No one seems to be paying any attention to what just happened in the 2018 elections. The Democrats can ignore the conservative "independent" male vote completely if they can get the suburban women again. An all white male ticket is not going to do it.

by Anonymousreply 324March 1, 2019 3:42 AM

Beto went to a Metallica concert tonight. Just sitting in the crowd like a mere mortal.

by Anonymousreply 325March 1, 2019 3:43 AM

Yes r323, that's exactly what some of them are suggesting.

by Anonymousreply 326March 1, 2019 3:43 AM

No one is going to convince anyone of anything here. Further, it just invites weirdos to get all "meta" and ad hominem and accuse posted X or Y of being an operative.

Best to just share news items and hot pics of Beto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327March 1, 2019 3:44 AM

Is Beto really announcing tomorrow? Where? When? Details please.

by Anonymousreply 328March 1, 2019 3:45 AM

R328, he's not. He's merely close to announcing a date when he's going to announce his decision to run. He's going to do a Klobuchar "Come to El Paso for an announcement this Sunday." As if it's a big surprise.

by Anonymousreply 329March 1, 2019 3:47 AM

Soon but he has to give us a time and date for the big announcement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330March 1, 2019 3:48 AM

No, he’s not announcing tomorrow, R328.

by Anonymousreply 331March 1, 2019 6:27 AM

He said by the end of February. It's now March. The first thing he's done so far is lied. Either that or he can't make up his mind or can't get his shit together. None of those things seems to bode well for him. If he really wanted it, he would have announced already. I think people are talking him into it. Another thing that doesn't bode well. I guess we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 332March 1, 2019 6:41 AM

cant wait to throw $$$ at that cute son of a bitch!

HOT DIK and TITS

by Anonymousreply 333March 1, 2019 9:16 AM

He needs to announce soon because he's losing the momentum to some of the other candidates.

by Anonymousreply 334March 1, 2019 12:04 PM

R327 you need to grow up and let people argue. That's literally the point of this site.

But i do agree there should be more pictures of Beto

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335March 1, 2019 12:09 PM

he is our jfk !!!! don't blow it !!!!! elect her !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 336March 1, 2019 12:10 PM

Why do elder gays love JFK so much? Didn't he die before he could even do anything? Not his fault clearly but is that a reason to love him?

by Anonymousreply 337March 1, 2019 12:14 PM

he did a lot, read ur history books

by Anonymousreply 338March 1, 2019 12:17 PM

all you have to do is look at this to know she's crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339March 1, 2019 12:34 PM

He said he would make up his mind what he was going to do by the end of February, he never said he would announce by then. So no, he did not lie at all first thing. Stop being such a hateful bitch and join the Beto bandwagon, there is plenty of room!

by Anonymousreply 340March 1, 2019 12:40 PM

OMG so sorry. Wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 341March 1, 2019 12:45 PM

Jay Inslee is announcing his candidacy for president today. I guess Beto didn't want to step all over his announcement.

by Anonymousreply 342March 1, 2019 1:42 PM

Inslee's so pathetic. The only person people are desperate to see announce is Beto. Then you get all these people desperate for attention who announce and nobody gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 343March 1, 2019 3:21 PM

Who the fuck is desperate to hear anyone announce? You sound like Marcia Brady chairing the Davey Jones fan club meeting. It's no stretch to say Inslee is far more qualified to be president than Beto.

by Anonymousreply 344March 1, 2019 3:25 PM

Inslee is almost in too old territory. He's 68. That, and the fact that nobody really knows who the fuck he is will probably make his candidacy a non-starter.

by Anonymousreply 345March 1, 2019 3:27 PM

The media is desperate for BIDEN to make an announcement.

It's all Biden, all the time with them.

by Anonymousreply 346March 1, 2019 3:28 PM

So? If someone wants to run for president then let them. Let them declare, fund raise, share their ideas, and shake a lot of hands. I say the more the merrier. I don't want my choice narrowed down to one, again, before the first primary. Let 'em duke it out. Share some ideas, sling some mud, and eat lots of fairground shitty food.

by Anonymousreply 347March 1, 2019 3:30 PM

I figure half these people (Castro, Pete, Inslee, etc.) are running for Veep. Worth remembering neither Pence nor Kaine had tried running for Prez so they're wasting their time.

by Anonymousreply 348March 1, 2019 3:34 PM

Beto at the Metallica concert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349March 1, 2019 3:37 PM

Beto seems to be trying too hard to be cool.

by Anonymousreply 350March 1, 2019 3:41 PM

Beto in a sea of Mexicans.

Beto, can you please show us your dick, por favor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351March 1, 2019 4:05 PM

I love this picture of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352March 1, 2019 4:59 PM

Beto needs to shit or get off the pot already.

Every day he doesn't announce yet, is another day that could have been used for fundraising, making speeches, rolling out his campaign, etc.

by Anonymousreply 353March 1, 2019 9:21 PM

R350, what was the last concert you went to?

You do know heavy rock music was his first love in life, right? He’s not trying to be cool, he’s just being who he is. Some of us are really into loud guitar rock. Jealousy is a very ugly thing.

by Anonymousreply 354March 1, 2019 9:56 PM

I agree r354, just let Beto be Beto.

by Anonymousreply 355March 1, 2019 10:53 PM

Beto's sister put up a Beto for President sign on her Instagram and then made it private after it got outted. @carlottaorourke

by Anonymousreply 356March 2, 2019 12:27 AM

Seriously, how dumb are some people? What did she think nobody else could see her Instagram and that there aren't people stalking Beto's whole family looking for some scoop or news? Was she actually surprised it got outed? She shouldn't be.

On the other hand it pretty much looks like he's in.

by Anonymousreply 357March 2, 2019 1:52 AM

Beto has 2 younger sisters - the one with the Instagram account and one who is disabled with a mental handicap. Something else he has in common with RFK.

by Anonymousreply 358March 2, 2019 2:02 AM

Really r358? What a weird and frankly eerie coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 359March 2, 2019 2:06 AM

The retard is really Beto's baby. His mother just pretends it's hers.

by Anonymousreply 360March 2, 2019 2:06 AM

r360, you are a waste of space. Get the fuck out of here you HATER TROLL.

And don't bother responding I have you on IGNORE.

by Anonymousreply 361March 2, 2019 2:10 AM

HI BETO'S MOM!

by Anonymousreply 362March 2, 2019 2:16 AM

Leeeeaaavveeee Beeettttooooo alooooooooooooone!

by Anonymousreply 363March 2, 2019 3:51 AM

wanna kiss him so bad and cradle his head on my tittys….

by Anonymousreply 364March 2, 2019 5:06 AM

R361 Is there anyone not on ignore? Who are you talking to at this point?

by Anonymousreply 365March 2, 2019 1:36 PM

I'm sorry r365, did you think what r360 said was acceptable? I didn't.

And I'm not even talking about the Beto part of it, I"m talking about the totall unacceptable word that r360 used in their post, is that word all right with you?

Sorry if I take it personally, but it IS personal to me.

by Anonymousreply 366March 2, 2019 1:44 PM

I want a gay Beto. Where can I find one?

by Anonymousreply 367March 2, 2019 2:19 PM

R366 it's a Trump troll. They're attacking Beto's sister because they claim people attacked Palin's kid saying it was her daughter's. This thread is overrun with Trumpsters and BernieBros.

by Anonymousreply 368March 2, 2019 3:33 PM

Strangely, I think the BernBros will line up right behind Beto if he gets the nomination. Bernie and the BernBros are sexist fuckers, so there won't be the same issue as in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 369March 2, 2019 8:14 PM

Nah, the true BernieBros have been attacking Beto non-stop. He's their Number One Target now.

by Anonymousreply 370March 2, 2019 9:54 PM

Yeah, now, R370. Once Bernie is out, he and the Bernbros will line up for Beto. Just watch.

by Anonymousreply 371March 2, 2019 11:27 PM

Oh geez, there's a shock.

by Anonymousreply 372March 3, 2019 12:41 AM

Beto went to Bill Maher's show in El Paso tonight and when he walked in the crowd went wild. Maher played in Austin last night and when Maher mentioned Beto the crowd also went nuts screaming Be-to! Texas loves Beto.

by Anonymousreply 373March 3, 2019 5:23 AM

I will donate my entire inheritance to her run for pres....for a night inside her handsome anus.

by Anonymousreply 374March 3, 2019 11:23 AM

The train is starting to leave the station and Beto has to jump aboard before he misses it.

Now I'm hearing that not only Biden might run, but Bloomberg is still thinking of running too.

If Beto is running, he needs to jump in already or he risks missing his moment.

by Anonymousreply 375March 3, 2019 12:53 PM

I think he'll probably announce in Austin but SXSW is on now - so that's already a mess in Austin.

by Anonymousreply 376March 3, 2019 3:52 PM

He’s hesitating, which isn’t a good sign. Reluctantly wading into the primaries is a sign of weakness.

by Anonymousreply 377March 4, 2019 3:25 PM

Running with Beto premieres at SXSW on March 9th. He'll announce to coincide with that.

by Anonymousreply 378March 4, 2019 3:31 PM

He needs to announce in Arizona. Make it a two for one Beto!

by Anonymousreply 379March 4, 2019 3:31 PM

The Beto cult is like the crazies from the French Revolution. Guillotine everyone who critics the republic. Here it’s block anyone who says anything short of slavish praise about Beto. How they survive the primaries where the negative will be more than 80% is beyond me. Which leads me to believe it will be much shorter than expected run for Beto.

by Anonymousreply 380March 4, 2019 3:34 PM

R380 certainly hopes so!

by Anonymousreply 381March 4, 2019 3:39 PM

[quote]Running with Beto premieres at SXSW on March 9th. He'll announce to coincide with that.

Damn! Hollywood would be proud.

Fuck me raw Beto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382March 4, 2019 3:42 PM

Beto sent out his second email to his “subscriber” list today, laying out his plan for prison reform and legalizing marijuana. It’s a winner. I signed my name to it.

R380, if you think we’re a cult, you need to browse the comments under a less-than-flattering Bernie article. You’ll be aghast. Might even die.

by Anonymousreply 383March 5, 2019 1:39 AM

R383 I think Bernie fans are also cultish. No argument from me there. I am coming down harder on you guys though because at least Bernies people have ideology. I think a cult just based on sexual attraction is way more stupid

by Anonymousreply 384March 5, 2019 1:41 AM

I can't figure out why anybody's supporting Bernie when they've got Liz Warren who is far more serious and has the same policies.

by Anonymousreply 385March 5, 2019 1:44 AM

Why support Beto? Because he has the best chance at beating Trump. Why do I say that? Height, youth, charisma, ability to get out the Millennial vote without also being tagged as a “socialist”; it means he has a chance with centrists and independents and Trump-tryers—a chance that I do not believe Bernie has.

Warren would be great, too—but unless she somehow pulls way ahead in polls and overcomes the perception that she’s too shrill and all the Pocahontas shit (yes I know it’s all bullshit), I don’t see it happening.

Anyway, see my first paragraph again. Beto is a fucking rock star.

by Anonymousreply 386March 5, 2019 1:50 AM

[quote]if you think we’re a cult, you need to browse the comments under a less-than-flattering Bernie article. You’ll be aghast.

But I do agree. The Bernie Bros are a known cult. But as r383 says, they have ideology and you guys don’t. You’re supporting a guy because he excites your loins, not your brains or hearts. I’m sorry, but ‘vote for Beto because he’s so hot’ won’t work in the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 387March 5, 2019 1:52 AM

[quote]Why support Beto? Because he has the best chance at beating Trump. Why do I say that? Height, youth, charisma ...

Not superficial at all. And no, I don’t think he has the best chance of beating Trump, Uncle Joe does.

by Anonymousreply 388March 5, 2019 1:56 AM

Okay, you’re right, Beto has no ideology, no policy stances, he’s never declared himself to be for or against anything. No plans. He’s never even held public office. He’s such a prettt guy. You’re right!

Bernie it is, then!

Or Joe! Everyone knows Joe’s initiatives have been wonderful! My favorite of his has to be the zero tolerance policy.

by Anonymousreply 389March 5, 2019 2:02 AM

THAT WAS,

He’s just a pretty guy.

No ideology!

by Anonymousreply 390March 5, 2019 2:03 AM

r389, what are you talking about? Never held public office? Beto was a member of the House of Representatives until he decided to run for Senate last year.

by Anonymousreply 391March 5, 2019 2:07 AM

I know, R391. I’m the OP. Sorry, should have said that. I was being blisteringly sarcastic in response to r387/388.

by Anonymousreply 392March 5, 2019 2:10 AM

I want to be fucked by Beto missionary style. I want to look him in the eyes as he is fucking me mercilessly.

by Anonymousreply 393March 5, 2019 3:03 AM

One thing is nationwide pot legalization. Excellent position.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394March 5, 2019 3:15 AM

Man, the person droning on about a "Beto cult" has trouble distinguishing between a thread on Datalounge (where drooling over hot guys is de rigueur) and the world at large.

by Anonymousreply 395March 5, 2019 5:40 AM

That's ok r392, it's all cool.

by Anonymousreply 396March 5, 2019 12:19 PM

[quote] Okay, you’re right, Beto has no ideology, no policy stances, he’s never declared himself to be for or against anything. No plans. He’s never even held public office.

The problem isn't Beto. I don't think he's actually doing anything wrong and generally I like him. I won't hate voting for him for president if he's the nominee or anything

It's his followers here being criticized. No one attempts to make any case for him besides his looks EVER. Anyone who says they don't think looks are enough is blocked. It's strange and cultish. Again, not any other 2020 Dem thread ends up like the Beto ones

by Anonymousreply 397March 5, 2019 12:26 PM

Who cares about policy when all that matters is WINNING AGAINST TRUMP?

How do you win against Trump? By not being too far left, and by being younger, more handsome, more charismatic, and more trustworthy than Trump. It’s just a “feeling” voters have. Just like their “feelings” about Hillary. They “just didn’t trust her”.

Look, there’s no point in discussing the finer aspects of Beto’s platform yet because he hasn’t LAIN THEM OUT. He’s sent out two emails so far: one about immigration, one about criminal justice reform. He will continue to lay out his policy proposals and after he’s done all of them, THEN we can discuss why he’s worse than Kamala, or Bernie or Liz, or whatever you want to talk about.

In the meantime, we’re excited about him because we can see how it’ll likely play out based on previous matchups, and the characteristics of previous winners. It’s just irritating to me that some of you are somehow unaware of these things—like maybe you haven’t follow politics for very long, or something. People who have been around since JFK keep saying the same thing about Beto: he reminds them of Kennedy and clearly has the ability to inspire millions.

Are you on his email list? Have you read the two policy positions of his I mentioned above? Since he hasn’t declared yet, it’s kind of hard to have the discussion you want. If you want, we can share the text of his emails here and as he gradually lays it all out, then you can rip him to shreds if you want.

by Anonymousreply 398March 5, 2019 1:17 PM

[quote] Look, there’s no point in discussing the finer aspects of Beto’s platform yet because he hasn’t LAIN THEM OUT

That's fair, and he will have his chance to lay them out, like every other democrat. But again, nothing Beto is doing or not doing is leading to the "cult" label his followers are doing. It's the shrieking at anyone who criticizes him even a little. That is the exact same as Bernie supporters.

by Anonymousreply 399March 5, 2019 3:50 PM

he is loved not only cause he so dam good lookin, he is the hope for all millennials and for a new America built on morals and trust.

RUN BETO RUN

by Anonymousreply 400March 5, 2019 3:55 PM

[quote]he is loved not only cause he so dam good lookin, he is the hope for all millennials

You mean Gen Xers, the largest Democratic voting block of the Democratic party.

Gen Xers are yearning for one of their own to lead the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401March 5, 2019 5:12 PM

r398, How does someone get on Beto's e-mail list?

by Anonymousreply 402March 6, 2019 1:03 AM

R402

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403March 6, 2019 1:11 AM

Here ya go, R402.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404March 6, 2019 1:38 AM

Thanks r404

by Anonymousreply 405March 6, 2019 1:41 AM

R404, that's a petition. The correct link is R403.

by Anonymousreply 406March 6, 2019 1:43 AM

I just noticed almost half the posts on this thread are from the anti-Beto person whom I blocked on the previous Beto thread.

Get a fucking life.

by Anonymousreply 407March 6, 2019 1:46 AM

r403

by Anonymousreply 408March 6, 2019 1:52 AM

I wish people wouldn't label others trolls without looking at their thread/post histories. It's silly.

by Anonymousreply 409March 6, 2019 2:06 AM

According to MSNBC, Beto has been looking into getting a campaign manager for a "possible" candidacy for president.

He's first looking for a campaign manager? Is there a reason why he seems to do everything in slow motion compared to everybody else?

I wouldn't expect an announcement (if there even is one) anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 410March 6, 2019 12:01 PM

Looking for a manager first? Seriously? This nice, likeable man is going to badly trip over himself. Kamala and Bernie might even keep their dogs on leash and let Beto do their work for them.

by Anonymousreply 411March 6, 2019 12:24 PM

Kamala and Bernie have their own vulnerabilities (especially Bernie).

by Anonymousreply 412March 6, 2019 1:04 PM

President Bernie sounds good to me.

by Anonymousreply 413March 6, 2019 3:39 PM

I’m afraid that Beto might be overlooked for veep by whoever’s the nominee, especially if he underperforms in the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 414March 6, 2019 5:04 PM

R414 - we're one year away from the first primary. For fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 415March 6, 2019 5:26 PM

Fun article from today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416March 6, 2019 6:56 PM

R409, if we have the option of putting someone on ignore or blocking them, then why not use it.

by Anonymousreply 417March 6, 2019 6:58 PM

R417, not opposing the feature, but rather people just blocking on the basis of one or two posts they perceive (often incorrectly) as trolling, thus supposedly indicating the person is a troll. This rather than blocking, looking at their contributions, and then deciding whether or not they're in fact a troll and keeping them blocked, or, if they're not, unblocking them.

But ultimately it's the blocker's loss when he blocks others without proper justification but rather a hasty judgment.

by Anonymousreply 418March 6, 2019 7:01 PM

I blame the farm trolls. After 2016, I got no time for trollish posts.

by Anonymousreply 419March 6, 2019 7:24 PM

Draft Beto sent out another email asking for issues people are interested in. Don't actually know if Draft Beto is connected to Beto or just freelancing.

by Anonymousreply 420March 6, 2019 9:02 PM

Only answer to Beto's official e-mails. [bold]Never EVER respond to unofficial emails[/bold].

by Anonymousreply 421March 6, 2019 9:08 PM

[quote]Newsom is the Saint Patron of California eldergays.

Newsom has the permanent stench of Kimberly Guilfoyle’s twat on him.

by Anonymousreply 422March 6, 2019 9:31 PM

Beto is too tall and skinny and has horseface.

by Anonymousreply 423March 6, 2019 9:38 PM

Not shallow at all, R423.

And there is no such thing as “too tall” when you’re running for POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 424March 6, 2019 9:52 PM

Tallest guy always wins - I think. At 6'5" Beto'll beat 5'11" Trump (who claims to be 6'3" but is shorter than Obama at 6'1").

by Anonymousreply 425March 6, 2019 10:08 PM

[quote] I want a gay Beto. Where can I find one?

R367 Pete Buttigieg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426March 6, 2019 11:02 PM

Mayor Pete looks like Mr. Bean. No thank you.

by Anonymousreply 427March 6, 2019 11:42 PM

He needs to shit or get off the pot. No one wants to support someone who looks like they're running because they've got nothing better to do.

by Anonymousreply 428March 6, 2019 11:47 PM

r425, Another reason we shouldn't nominate any of these women.

Just kidding! Or am I?

by Anonymousreply 429March 6, 2019 11:52 PM

😂 @r423 mentioning horseface, which is what I’ve been thinking through all the “he’s hot’ posts but didn’t to be mean or shallow. Then r424, an obvious Beto cultist, drops in to complain about shallowness without the sense of irony. 😂

by Anonymousreply 430March 7, 2019 1:07 AM

R430 there is evidence that the taller candidate wins the Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 431March 7, 2019 2:11 AM

Uncle Joe (31%) and Bernie (27%) still leading in latest poll. Next is Kamala (11%) then Liz (7%) and Beto (6%).

And more bad news for Beto and other candidates not named Biden or Sanders::

[quote]Among the 31 percent of Democratic primary voters who said that Biden was there first choice, 28 percent pointed to Sanders as their second pick. Conversely, 29 percent of those who named Sanders as their top choice picked Biden as their No. 2.

Both old boys will have to be knocked out for Kamala, Liz, Beto, Cory, Amy, Kristen, Julian and all others to benefit. What are the odds of that? Bernie’s a stubborn curmudgeon who’s unlikely to drop out soon if numbers fail to live up to expectations.

Prediction: Biden vs Sanders with the rest angling for veep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432March 7, 2019 2:28 AM

R432, we have discussed ad nauseum how those polls are meaningless this far out, and how they’re mostly based on name recognition. Of course most people know Sanders and Biden the best from past races and administrations.

R430, I was being ironic in calling out someone talking shit about Beto’s looks, duh. My point was, “but I thought we weren’t supposed to be that shallow?” Get it?

by Anonymousreply 433March 7, 2019 3:20 AM

FWIW, it's [italic]ad nauseam[/italic]. Just write nausea, then stick an m on the end.

by Anonymousreply 434March 7, 2019 4:12 AM

Thank you, r434! I will remember from now on.

by Anonymousreply 435March 7, 2019 4:29 AM

The Bernie/Biden/Beto worship is making me ad nauseous.

by Anonymousreply 436March 7, 2019 5:36 AM

They're going to look great together on stage at the convention etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437March 7, 2019 5:45 AM

Taylor Swift needs to stay the fuck home, and keep Beyoncé and all “celebrities” at home with her.

by Anonymousreply 438March 7, 2019 6:42 AM

I don't know. If Hillary had a little more Beyonce in her step she might have won.

by Anonymousreply 439March 7, 2019 10:21 AM

I'm one of the biggest Beto hopefuls here, but if he's taking this long to decide and get anything in gear maybe his heart isn't really in running for president and he should sit it out. I sense a hesitation with him, like he's not totally sure he really wants to do this; maybe he feels pressure to do it from others who keep telling him he's "the one."

I won't lie. I do feel that this is his time and that if he doesn't run now he may never be successful at running again. But ultimately it will have to be his decision and I'd rather he sit it out than only run half heartedly in the end.

by Anonymousreply 440March 7, 2019 12:16 PM

I like the fact that Beto is hesitant about doing this. Makes a change from all the massive egos out there declaring they're running when nobody gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 441March 7, 2019 1:27 PM

[quote]I like the fact that Beto is hesitant about doing this.

I have a feeling there isn't much you don't like about Beto.

by Anonymousreply 442March 8, 2019 4:46 AM

He’s made his decision. He’s getting everything lined up. There’s no hesitation; it’s called planning.

by Anonymousreply 443March 8, 2019 6:36 AM

I think he is smart to wait a little longer. Maybe he's waiting for Biden to make a move first.

by Anonymousreply 444March 8, 2019 6:44 AM

March 18th: Well, of course he waited until after St. Patrick's Day. I mean, he didn't want to bring more attention to his last name after all!

April 2nd: Well, I think it was a genius move to wait until after April Fools Day because he doesn't want to undermine the seriousness of his campaign by announcing around a "jokey" holiday!

May 6th: Oh, I love how socially and culturally sensitive Beto is to not announce yet because he respected not only the cultural celebration of Cinco de Mayo but Star Wars fans! He's so now!

June 5th: I love Beto's patience!! He's awesome! Announcing on the 4th of July will be soooo American!

You are all hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 445March 8, 2019 6:56 AM

^ 😂 😆 🤣

by Anonymousreply 446March 8, 2019 7:23 AM

He should pick Wendy Davis as his running mate.

by Anonymousreply 447March 8, 2019 11:16 AM

Maybe if Biden runs, he won't?

Who the hell knows at this point.

by Anonymousreply 448March 8, 2019 11:58 AM

Dem ticket should be Beto and Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 449March 8, 2019 4:07 PM

Beto's in Austin for the premiere of the documentary. MSNBC is reporting he'll announce next week.

by Anonymousreply 450March 8, 2019 10:49 PM

It's going to be fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451March 8, 2019 10:51 PM

It is going to be fun r451, although somehow I doubt you and I are thinking of "fun" in quite the same way.

by Anonymousreply 452March 8, 2019 11:57 PM

End of February has turned into mid-March. Will he be able to state positions on the snap or will he need ‘time’ to think (i.e. consult advisors) about it? I smell a dilly-dallier and yes, the debates are going to be my kind of fun.

by Anonymousreply 453March 9, 2019 12:04 AM

R453 he already had detailed positions on every conceivable fucking issue. He just ran a 2 year long Senate campaign. And he debated Lyin' Ted - world champion debater. Master-debater.

by Anonymousreply 454March 9, 2019 12:46 AM

Beto held his own in the debates with Cruz; I think he might do better in the debates than some people think (and are hoping).

by Anonymousreply 455March 9, 2019 1:48 PM

R455 that was the worst debate performance of Cruz ever. He could never get traction. I remember when they were both asked to tell something about their lives outside of politics. Beto easily talked about his family, how his daughter worked in a wildlife rescue rehabilitating a blind squirrel and while he talked, Cruz just looked at him in awe like he was in love. Beto must be the man Cruz wanted to be.

by Anonymousreply 456March 9, 2019 3:14 PM

[quote]Cruz just looked at him in awe like he was in love. Beto must be the man Cruz wanted to be.

Is there literal Beto-flavored KoolAid you're drinking? Do you even realize how cultishly insane you sound?

by Anonymousreply 457March 9, 2019 7:23 PM

Is R457 the cult-troll? There is another poster calling Harris supporters cultists as well. I guess Ludmila, Boris, and Evgeni are being forced to work weekends. : (

#Russians #Overworked

by Anonymousreply 458March 9, 2019 7:30 PM

The biggest cult of all is the TRUMP IS OUR OVERLORD cult.

by Anonymousreply 459March 9, 2019 8:53 PM

R458, no other candidates supporters are acting like the Beto supporters. If you don't see the cultishness of "even his worst enemy falls in love with him and wishes he could be him!" then that's your problem. In fact, if you don't recognize that, you're probably part of the cult. This is all sounding exactly like the early Bernbros but you don't see it because you're part of it...just like the Bernbros.

by Anonymousreply 460March 9, 2019 9:00 PM

The BetoBros (like the BernOrBusters) will end up voting for Trump, rather than the woman who will eventually be the Democratic nominee.

by Anonymousreply 461March 9, 2019 9:13 PM

These thread are a good way to spot and block the Russian Trolls. The do the same in the Hillary threads. Actually, they recycle the same lines from the Kamala and Hillary threads.

Whenever they say cult, you know it's a Ruskie.

by Anonymousreply 462March 9, 2019 9:25 PM

are we still going with the Russian bots thing?

by Anonymousreply 463March 9, 2019 9:34 PM

I just saw the future First Lady of the United States at the local Costco. Yes, she even had her grocery bags with her to fill with her purchases.

by Anonymousreply 464March 9, 2019 9:50 PM

R460 watch the tape - Cruz starts staring longingly at Beto while he's reminiscing about his daughter's squirrel. He looked like he was gonna melt. At one point Beto says he bought his son a drum kit but that was a lie, it was actually for himself and Cruz burst out laughing. And the next day Cruz posted a pic of his daughter with her hamster and said his daughter had warned him not to make fun of Beto's daughter's blind squirrel. It was downright weird. All gooey and unCruzlike.

by Anonymousreply 465March 9, 2019 9:52 PM

Running with Beto's getting great reviews. It'll be on HBO in May.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466March 9, 2019 9:54 PM

What a glowing review of Beto™️ Documentary

Uffff, Beto has me going back to my high school crush years. I think I have a crush on his boyishly looks and carefree attitude. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 467March 9, 2019 10:18 PM

He’s got horse teeth.

by Anonymousreply 468March 9, 2019 10:18 PM

r461, It won't be a woman nominee, not this time. Hillary is gone and none of the women running this time around impress as much as she did. The VP position will be as close as any female gets to the presidency this time around.

by Anonymousreply 469March 9, 2019 11:49 PM

468, So did the Kennedy brothers, and it didn't hurt them with the voters.

by Anonymousreply 470March 9, 2019 11:50 PM

make that r468 above.

by Anonymousreply 471March 9, 2019 11:50 PM

[quote]Hillary is gone and none of the women running this time around impress as much as she did.

Hillary did not impress.

by Anonymousreply 472March 9, 2019 11:54 PM

r472, maybe not you, but I found her a very impressive possible president. I think she would have done fine. She was not a great campaigner and that was part of her downfall; although she did try.

That's what I mean about the current women running not impressing me, none of them have the life experience and job experience that Hillary did; and even that wasn't enough in the end.

So I reiterate, none of the women running will be the Democratic nominee this time.

by Anonymousreply 473March 10, 2019 12:00 AM

Hillary impressed.

Probably the best candidate to ever run for office.

by Anonymousreply 474March 10, 2019 12:00 AM

Do the anti-Beto, anti-Beto-fans trolls have lives? How can you devote yourself to positing negative comment after negative comment on a thread about a potential candidate? Literally half the posts on this thread are from a troll I blocked on the previous Beto thread. That is quite impressive.

by Anonymousreply 475March 10, 2019 9:17 PM

A lid for every pot I suppose but I just can't figure out how anyone things this guy is good looking or sexy.

by Anonymousreply 476March 10, 2019 9:20 PM

The GOP is obsessed with Beto R475 He's the Dem they are most afraid of. The Club for Growth has produced an anti-Beto commercial for TV in Iowa about how he's the white privilege candidate. In Iowa. Which is all white. Paid for by the Club for Growth which is all white/all billionaires. Beto scares them the most.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477March 10, 2019 9:27 PM

According to Datalounge the GOP is obsessed and afraid of everyone.

by Anonymousreply 478March 10, 2019 9:28 PM

R477, I assume his privilege comes from the billionaire family he married into? Let me ask you this, do you really think that isn't something we need to address for him to run? It's going to be terrible political imagery at this time in our history. And, he can't even fall back on any "earned it myself" trope.

by Anonymousreply 479March 10, 2019 11:12 PM

R479 you are failing to convince us that you care about some guy marrying a girl whose Daddy is rich while you support a fake billionaire in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 480March 10, 2019 11:14 PM

Oh, you're a genius, R480. Why don't you just go look at my posting history if you think I'm some fucking Trump supporter. Idiot, you are making my point. The Dems throwing up a billionaire in this environment is going to echo Trump. Did you happen to see what happened to that Starbucks asshole? We are not in a billionaire place in the Dem party right now. We're in a guillotine the billionaires place. Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 481March 10, 2019 11:18 PM

Stop R481. You can't argue with a cult member in a thread about the idol. As proof: Don't tangle with me in the Jake thread.

by Anonymousreply 482March 10, 2019 11:28 PM

Beto's no billionaire. His family are upper middle-class. His wife is a school teacher who served in the Peace Corps. Her father is rich according to Forbes but no billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 483March 10, 2019 11:46 PM

Ro Khanna - Bernie's co-chair - is married to a billionaire's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 484March 10, 2019 11:57 PM

Bernie's a millionaire himself, although I'm sure he doesn't mention that little fact to his fervent supporters.

by Anonymousreply 485March 11, 2019 12:28 AM

Is he waiting Biden out? Biden said he will announce [if he is running] in April. I wonder if Beto won't hold out until April too...

by Anonymousreply 486March 11, 2019 12:42 AM

He could r486, Personally, I think that would be a mistake but obviously he's not listening to me.

by Anonymousreply 487March 11, 2019 1:12 AM

[quote]Beto scares them the most.

This is factually untrue according to ALL the polls. But whatever you say.

by Anonymousreply 488March 11, 2019 2:41 AM

Beto is the only Democrat who could carry Texas. A Democrat who carries Texas will destroy the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 489March 11, 2019 3:02 AM

^Please stop. He will not carry Texas in the general. Thinking Texas will flip blue is like saying California will vote red. He couldn’t even win the senate against the very hated Ted Cruz.

by Anonymousreply 490March 11, 2019 3:34 AM

Cruz is not hated in Texas. His approval rating is 51%. Trump's current approval rate in Texas is 41%. And a Presidential campaign brings out a higher voter turnout which always favors the left. Trump only won Texas by 9%.

by Anonymousreply 491March 11, 2019 3:45 AM

R490, Beto lost to Cruz by less than 3%. Flipping it blue is a real possibility. The California comparison is a bit silly.

Saying “he couldn’t even win the Senate” just exposes you as someone who either knows nothing about Texas, or nothing about politics in general.

by Anonymousreply 492March 11, 2019 5:21 AM

Kamala Harris didn't even run against a Republican when she ran for Senate in 2016. Ergo, she has not been vetted and the GOP would rip her to shreds. Same with Bernie who was supported by the GOP and Putin to hurt Hillary. Both of 'em have way too many skeletons in their closets.

by Anonymousreply 493March 11, 2019 3:26 PM

It's on MSNBC. They're scared of him. Big-time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494March 11, 2019 3:32 PM

Biden has NO history of doing well in presidential primaries; why is everybody so sure that he's the best one to put against Trump?

Or is it just the media pushing this bullshit? Wouldn't surprise me, and I still haven't forgotten (or forgiven) the media's role in the campaign of 2016.

by Anonymousreply 495March 11, 2019 3:40 PM

R435, a lot of older people watch cable news, and Biden's leading in the very older and white states of NH and Iowa (link). That's why the media are pumping him up.

He won't get the nomination but he's hot hot hot now. Something to talk about until Super Tuesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496March 11, 2019 3:45 PM

If (when) Biden wins Iowa and New Hampshire he’ll have nearly unstoppable momentum. It will also bring the necessary endorsements that will help in places where he’s not as hot.

by Anonymousreply 497March 11, 2019 6:30 PM

Except, R497, other states, including California, moved up their primaries for just that reason.

by Anonymousreply 498March 12, 2019 4:09 AM

Morning Joe just said a short time ago that Beto is headed to Iowa this weekend.

Looks like he's definitely running, but it's anybody's guess when he plans on announcing.

by Anonymousreply 499March 12, 2019 1:01 PM

[quote]Ro Khanna - Bernie's co-chair - is married to a billionaire's daughter

Wait...Rihanna is working for Bernie now?

by Anonymousreply 500March 12, 2019 1:46 PM

[quote]Beto is the only Democrat who could carry Texas. A Democrat who carries Texas will destroy the GOP.

He couldn’t beat Cruz.

He can’t carry Texas, or anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 501March 12, 2019 1:49 PM

[quote]If (when) Biden wins Iowa and New Hampshire he’ll have nearly unstoppable momentum

I thought Bernie was supposed to win New Hampshire?

And then Harris will win South Carolina and California.

by Anonymousreply 502March 12, 2019 1:53 PM

[quote]Beto lost to Cruz by less than 3%. Flipping it blue is a real possibility.

Democrats need to change their paradigm and stop promoting people who “only lost by 3%” as the future of the Party. See also Stacey Abrams.

How about nominating candidates who have a history of winning?!

by Anonymousreply 503March 12, 2019 1:56 PM

I like Joe Biden but his entitlement is crazy. If he runs, I'm looking forward to the intense vetting. So much juicy stuff will come out. Want to hear about his hot son's sex life.

The ball is rolling already. Jamile B's opinion piece in the Times yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 504March 12, 2019 2:04 PM

We can safely assume Beto is running at this point. The coyness is too cute by half and I hope it works against him and requires him to put more effort in down the road. Not saying he's not a good candidate but this shit, along with Biden's coyness, is annoying entitled bullshit.

Also looking to the vetting. I want to hear about any gay dabbling in college!🔥🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆🔥🔥🔥🔥

by Anonymousreply 505March 12, 2019 2:09 PM

Speaking of coyness... DL fave Eric Swalwell - a regular on MSNBC - says every 2 days that he's considering running for President.

by Anonymousreply 506March 12, 2019 9:09 PM

People.. any Democrat can win California, NY, NJ, Oregon, Washington State, Illinois, Massachusetts, Connecticut...

Try winning a statewide election in Texas. Cruz's approval rating in Texas is 51%. Trump's approval rating in Texas is 41%. You do the math. Beto lost by 2.4% with increased - but still lower - voter turnout than in a Presidential year. And the people who stay home in mid-terms are not Republicans - those assholes ALWAYS vote.

by Anonymousreply 507March 12, 2019 9:13 PM

[quote]If (when) Biden wins Iowa and New Hampshire he’ll have nearly unstoppable momentum. It will also bring the necessary endorsements that will help in places where he’s not as hot.

Biden is not winning New Hampshire with Sanders and Warren in the race. He is fairly likely to win Iowa, though, as his polling is excellent there. The main threat to him there is Beto, I think, because the nature of the Iowa caucus really favors Beto's style of retail politics, and a 47-year-old can simply campaign in more churches, schools and backyards in the same amount of time than a 76-year-old.

I think Biden has a very good chance in South Carolina, but Nevada is more likely to go to a Western or Southwestern candidate, of which there are many in the race. Nevada is almost 10% Asian American and borders California, making Harris a fairly strong frontrunner there.

Biden's strategy hinges on shutting out everyone else in at least three of the first four states. Anything less would be a shocking disappointment for the most recent Democratic VP and the most high-profile national Democrat remaining in electoral politics. If he only wins one or two, there will be blood in the water and the choice of all these people to get in the race despite knowing that Biden was likely to run will be vindicated. If he doesn't win at least two of the first four, he may even drop out on Super Tuesday, when Harris's win in California and O'Rourke's win in Texas may put him dauntingly behind in both delegates and vote count.

by Anonymousreply 508March 12, 2019 10:54 PM

Biden looks so fucking old. I know he's a couple of years younger than Bernie, but he really looks terrible.

I wonder if Biden and Bernie could actually get through such a long campaign. Maybe they'll both drop dead.

by Anonymousreply 509March 13, 2019 12:04 AM

R508 Beto might be a big surprise in South Carolina. Booker and Harris could cancel each other out if African-Americans are just gonna vote for an African-American. Beto's father was Jesse Jackson's campaign manager in Texas for his Presidential campaign, there were photos of Beto as a kid with Jesse and during the Senate campaign Jesse Jackson was always chiming in on Beto's twitterfeed. Looks like they still have ties which would serve Beto very well in South Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 510March 13, 2019 12:08 AM

From your lips, R509...

by Anonymousreply 511March 13, 2019 12:08 AM

BROKERED CONVENTION!

by Anonymousreply 512March 13, 2019 12:11 AM

r509, No kidding. Today when the news kept showing that speech that Biden made today at the Fire fighter thing all I could say when I saw him is "he looks too damn old to be running for president." Sorry, I think just like you have to be a certain age before you can run for president (35), there should be a cut off date as well; and i think both Biden and Bernie are over it.

JMO.

by Anonymousreply 513March 13, 2019 12:20 AM

Both Biden and Bernie are married to much younger, very pushy women. I bet the wives are pushing this.

by Anonymousreply 514March 13, 2019 12:54 AM

I will not vote for any candidate older than 60.

Plenty of younger talent now in the race.

by Anonymousreply 515March 13, 2019 1:19 AM

[quote]Sorry, I think just like you have to be a certain age before you can run for president (35), there should be a cut off date as well...

I'll agree with you and raise you one...I think the same should apply to voting. Stupid fucking old Fox watchers who've lost their ability to discern bullshit from reality shouldn't be allowed to vote for the same reason that people under 18 are kept from voting, they do not possess the mental capacities to make that choice in an rational manner. Yes, some 80 year old people would be fine but so would some thirteen year olds but most wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 516March 13, 2019 2:07 AM

Yup, it's the dead hand holding back progress. Voters over 80.

by Anonymousreply 517March 13, 2019 2:33 AM

[quote]He couldn’t beat Cruz. He can’t carry Texas, or anywhere else.

Oh, I can’t wait to revisit this clueless comment in the months to come. THANK YOU.

by Anonymousreply 518March 13, 2019 3:36 AM

[quote]Beto might be a big surprise in South Carolina. Booker and Harris could cancel each other out if African-Americans are just gonna vote for an African-American.

If Booker and Harris cancel each other out I think Biden will be the likely beneficiary. Also, how ironic Bernie is polling better than anyone else amongst millennials. Beto is too centrist/Republican-lite for that demographic.

by Anonymousreply 519March 13, 2019 4:48 AM

where do I donate to get his young hot ass into office, he can cuss me out all day long.

by Anonymousreply 520March 13, 2019 4:52 AM

Ugh, they are just reporting that the Firefighters' Union only invited Biden to talk, when they usually invite a bunch of candidates. It's disgusting because the reporter reporting it from the conference room had a background of absolutely nothing but old white men. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 521March 13, 2019 5:36 AM

What about Beto’s current 2020 platform is “too centrist”, R519?

by Anonymousreply 522March 13, 2019 6:50 AM

R522, you have to look at the voting record, not just the political platform, to see the true person. Now, he may very well move left on the national stage because he won't be trying to win in Texas but it's pretty common knowledge that he is a centrist.

This is a pretty good article on him and some of the other candidates. Elizabeth Warren has the most liberal voting record. Like her. Wish she could be elected but I don't think this country is smart enough for that. She'll make an excellent Treasury Secretary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523March 13, 2019 7:24 AM

r519, If/when Beto enters the race, he will eat into Bernie's lead with younger people, and he is anything but Republican-lite; what kind of bullshit is that? Beto is progressive; he's just not a far left socialist like Bernie and AOC.

And hence the real reason the Bernbros don't want Beto in the race.

by Anonymousreply 524March 13, 2019 1:42 PM

any nudes of him around??

by Anonymousreply 525March 13, 2019 2:57 PM

Need crew team bulge pics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526March 13, 2019 3:48 PM

Another Kennedy connection: Beto's mom's stepfather was Fred Korth, JFK's Secretary of the Navy.

by Anonymousreply 527March 13, 2019 4:47 PM

Wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 528March 13, 2019 4:49 PM

OMG my shit is being posted in the wrong threads

by Anonymousreply 529March 13, 2019 4:51 PM

Beto reportedly announcing tomorrow morning. He has asked his team for help with text messages. This is according to Chuck Toad on MSNBC a half hour ago.

by Anonymousreply 530March 13, 2019 9:38 PM

Thanks r530, we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 531March 13, 2019 10:01 PM

He’s basically announcing. Slow roll out to not run out of steam early on.

see offsite link on nypost.com

by Anonymousreply 532March 13, 2019 10:41 PM

Ok, that didn't work.

The link to the New York Post is to an article that shows Beto on the new cover of Vanity Fair where they have Beto quoted as saying (from the article within I'm guessing) "I want to be in it. Man, I was born to be in it."

Oh yes, the cover picture was taken by famed photographer Annie Liebovitz.

He's running.

by Anonymousreply 533March 13, 2019 10:45 PM

Can't you copy and paste a link in the Web Site Link window at the bottom, R533?

by Anonymousreply 534March 13, 2019 10:47 PM

Ok, r534, I'll try.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535March 13, 2019 10:51 PM

I just read the Vanity Fair article. Yeah, I'm positive he's running, I just wish he'd announce already.

I was a huge Beto supporter during his Senate run and I would back him again for president. It's not so much about the issues (most of the Dem candidates have similar views/platforms with only minor differences). What it boils down to for me is his charisma and authenticity, which are two huge factors in inspiring people to not only get out and vote, but campaign for him. He's also the only candidate barring Bernie Sanders who I'm confident can get the youth vote.

Regardless, I pledge to vote for whoever wins the Dem primary because fuck Trump.

by Anonymousreply 536March 13, 2019 10:51 PM

Thanks, R533. Nice picture.

by Anonymousreply 537March 13, 2019 10:57 PM

Yes r536, he's definitely running.

Here's a direct link to the actual Vanity Fair article:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538March 13, 2019 10:59 PM

Chris Matthews on MSNBC has also just reported that Beto O'Rourke is about to "shake up" the Democratic race for president.

by Anonymousreply 539March 13, 2019 11:02 PM

He could be the nation's savior. The one we need right now.

by Anonymousreply 540March 14, 2019 12:08 AM

He's a young moderate. Perfect. VP? Stacey Abrams?

by Anonymousreply 541March 14, 2019 12:11 AM

MAKE SURE YOu CHECK OUT THE vanity FAIR ARTICLE. There are FEET PIX inside.

Did you hear me??

FEET PICS.

BETO FEET

by Anonymousreply 542March 14, 2019 12:25 AM

Beto/Buttigieg

by Anonymousreply 543March 14, 2019 12:29 AM

[quote]He's a young moderate. Perfect. VP? Stacey Abrams?

No. We don’t need two proven losers.

by Anonymousreply 544March 14, 2019 12:29 AM

“We” don’t need you either, Loser @ R544.

by Anonymousreply 545March 14, 2019 12:31 AM

wish he market BEto Buttplug that been in him....omg

by Anonymousreply 546March 14, 2019 12:32 AM

[quote]"I want to be in it. Man, I was born to be in it."

That doesn't sound terrible to any of you? I've never been impressed with his speaking like some have because he always seems to be having a fit of breathless hyperactivity with a mix of bad acting and weird gesticulating thrown in. That statement just seems really egotistical. Maybe the context makes it better.

Also, I think the media is hyping this a bit too much. A documentary. A Vanity Fair cover. An Oprah interview. All before he even announces? I don't want the media to pick our candidate but that feels like what's happening.

by Anonymousreply 547March 14, 2019 12:32 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548March 14, 2019 12:32 AM

He's an exciting candidate and now he's in. This'll bring so much more attention to the Dems. There are so many deadly dull candidates.

by Anonymousreply 549March 14, 2019 12:34 AM

His GOP buddy, Hurd. The one whose Dem opponent Beto wouldn't endorse.

Backstabber.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550March 14, 2019 12:36 AM

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) - Beto O'Rourke is running for President of the United States.

The former El Paso Congressman will make the announcement on Thursday morning, but he confirmed via text to KTSM Wednesday afternoon that he is seeking the Democratic nomination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551March 14, 2019 12:36 AM

I’ll be interested to hear his policies, because he mostly comes across as an inspirational airhead.

by Anonymousreply 552March 14, 2019 12:36 AM

R552, you can read some of his policy proposals already if you’re on his email list. Justice reform and marijuana reform, and border security proposals have been rolled out so far.

Has Joe Biden laid out his policies yet? He seems like basically a good guy but so far he’s coming across to me like a legacy airhead.

by Anonymousreply 553March 14, 2019 12:42 AM

Public option. I'm good with that, but it shouldn't be his opening position. We'll end up with something even less than that.

by Anonymousreply 554March 14, 2019 12:43 AM

wait a minute R550, are you saying ... that a Republican has pledged to support the incumbent Republican president who currently enjoys almost 90% approval from the Republican Party?

I don’t believe it.

by Anonymousreply 555March 14, 2019 12:45 AM

[quote]Has Joe Biden laid out his policies yet?

I can beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 556March 14, 2019 12:45 AM

Jesus CHRIST I CANT WAIT To start Part Three of this thread. It’s virtyally impossible to type anything further on my iPhone once a thread vets pasg 550 posts.

^^^ that’s what my text comes out looking like, even with autocorrect, after a 15-Second delay once I’ve typed it.

by Anonymousreply 557March 14, 2019 12:48 AM

R555, his closest friend in the House. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 558March 14, 2019 12:54 AM

Beto's biggest buddies in the House are Joe Kennedy, Hakeem Jeffries, Sean Patrick Maloney, Marc Veasey. And he's the darlin' of Texas' black Dems elder stateswomen Eddie Bernice Johnson and Sheila Jackson Lee.

by Anonymousreply 559March 14, 2019 1:41 AM

Not according to R558, R559.

by Anonymousreply 560March 14, 2019 1:45 AM

R559, are you his campaign manager or something? I thought Beto himself called the other guy his best bud in the sentence as explanation as to why he was endorsing him over the Democrat in his last race.

by Anonymousreply 561March 14, 2019 1:46 AM

And how would r558 know r560?

Come on, use your brain.

by Anonymousreply 562March 14, 2019 1:47 AM

I'll tell you who does like...no make that LOVE Beto...

OPRAH.

Her endorsement (if it happens) could be instrumental at some point.

by Anonymousreply 563March 14, 2019 1:49 AM

I agree with you, r562. I was being facetious.

by Anonymousreply 564March 14, 2019 1:49 AM

Cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565March 14, 2019 1:50 AM

He has a sexy pickup truck. Tundra.

by Anonymousreply 566March 14, 2019 1:53 AM

OK r564, facetiousness doesn't always translate well on here. My bad.

And thanks for these threads!

by Anonymousreply 567March 14, 2019 1:54 AM

Is Will Hurd gay? Never been married. How odd so many black Congressmen (him, Booker, Tim Scott) are Confirmed Bachelors.

by Anonymousreply 568March 14, 2019 2:06 AM

R568, a lot of successful black men date white women for whatever reason. They probably all date white women and know they wouldn't be elected if they married one because the black community would turn on them. Except Booker, who's gay as hell and therefore has his own reasons for staying "single".

by Anonymousreply 569March 14, 2019 2:28 AM

Now his truck is sexy?? I mean, he’s not even good looking!

by Anonymousreply 570March 14, 2019 3:02 AM

[quote] There’s nothing special about O’Rourke’s dream to heal the partisan divide in this country when he can’t explain how he’ll do it. Because as exciting as his bid to take down Cruz was, it also showed the limits of bipartisanship for bipartisanship’s sake. Last summer, Beto declared he was putting “country over party” when he declined to support the Democratic challenger to GOP Rep. Will Hurd, whom he had joined on a 2017 road trip from Texas to D.C. that doubled as a 1,600-mile ode to reaching across the aisle. Hurd went on to win re-election by less than 1,000 votes. Asked last weekend whether he’d back O’Rourke over Trump in a hypothetical 2020 general election, Hurd was clear: “My plan is to vote for the Republican nominee.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571March 14, 2019 4:01 AM

R570, he's educated-person handsome. Not insta-whore good-looking.

Yes, his truck is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 572March 14, 2019 4:10 AM

Slate magazine has turned into Bernie Central. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 573March 14, 2019 5:02 AM

R573, I noticed that 😂 So over them.

by Anonymousreply 574March 14, 2019 5:05 AM

The next person to link to a Slate article in this thread will be BANNED FROM DATALOUNGE.

by Anonymousreply 575March 14, 2019 5:28 AM

why wont his wife try look nice? so zero, sad

by Anonymousreply 576March 14, 2019 11:31 AM

Beto is currently greeting potential voters in a coffee house in Keokuk, Iowa.

He couldn't be more IN.

by Anonymousreply 577March 14, 2019 1:10 PM

Beto is taking questions from potential voters in coffee house in Iowa.

CNN and MSNBC (don't know and don't care about FOX) are both covering it, but host on MSNBC is talking over it.

by Anonymousreply 578March 14, 2019 1:16 PM

Beto is just rolling through these questions with relative ease.

He's really good at this; has natural charisma.

by Anonymousreply 579March 14, 2019 1:20 PM

BTW, for those who think Beto is just a bunch of fluff with little substance, you should be listening to this Q&A he's currently holding in Iowa. He's giving answers to actual policy questions the people in the coffee shop are asking him.

Now whether you like his answers or not is another story.

by Anonymousreply 580March 14, 2019 1:27 PM

Yes his son is actually named Ulysses.

by Anonymousreply 581March 14, 2019 1:29 PM

TUNE IN! Beto keeps stripping down!

by Anonymousreply 582March 14, 2019 1:32 PM

He keeps removing his outergarments during this Q&A. It's scintillating!

by Anonymousreply 583March 14, 2019 1:32 PM

Well, he’s finally declared. And even though I am not a Beto supporter, the video hit all the right notes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584March 14, 2019 1:52 PM

is mascara and lipstick against mrs beto's religion? she looks nice, and could be real pretty with a bit of paint

by Anonymousreply 585March 14, 2019 1:57 PM

Beto could have won the Texas Senate race in 2018 had he not gone so far left on illegal/undocumented immigration/migration.

by Anonymousreply 586March 14, 2019 2:43 PM

^ Working overtime today, Ludmilla?

by Anonymousreply 587March 14, 2019 2:49 PM

He really has Bill Clinton-style charisma.

Whether he has any substance, remains to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 588March 14, 2019 2:52 PM

Backlash is starting. It will be so interesting watching his supporters have it with the notorious Bernie bros.

by Anonymousreply 589March 14, 2019 5:25 PM

Can we start counting endorsements for each candidate?

by Anonymousreply 590March 14, 2019 5:26 PM

Starting a new thread as this one is almost impossible to scroll through or add posts to... Link to new thread below.

by Anonymousreply 591March 15, 2019 5:09 AM

CLOSING

by Anonymousreply 592March 15, 2019 5:11 AM

This

by Anonymousreply 593March 15, 2019 5:12 AM

Thread

by Anonymousreply 594March 15, 2019 5:13 AM

OUT!!!

by Anonymousreply 595March 15, 2019 5:14 AM

PLEASE use link below for new thread, Beto 2020 (Part 3)

by Anonymousreply 596March 15, 2019 5:13 AM

SEE you there, Bernie Bros, Russian trolls, Biden hopefuls, and delusional Kamala fans

by Anonymousreply 597March 15, 2019 5:15 AM

NEW THREAD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598March 15, 2019 5:16 AM

What if some vid comes out showing him getting blown in an airport toilet stall?

by Anonymousreply 599March 15, 2019 7:54 AM

Go to new thread NOW!

by Anonymousreply 600March 16, 2019 4:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!