Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sleeping through the Night at a Desk ---and other things we see in Movies

Have you ever done this? In movies and tv shows I have seen characters fall asleep at the kitchen table while studying and then wake up the next morning with their head still peacefully laying on the table. Is this even possible? Have you ever done this? If I was that tired I would at least drop to the floor and spread out a bit.

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2019 12:09 AM

I could never -- not even when I was studying for my Ph.D.

by Anonymousreply 1February 17, 2019 8:40 PM

I like in the movies when a couple falls asleep in each other's arms on a couch and they wake up the next morning in the exact same position.

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2019 12:23 AM

I have never been tired enough to fall asleep at a table and sleep through the night. Only in the movies?

by Anonymousreply 3February 20, 2019 11:32 PM

On Y2K, I brought a pad to the office and slept on it, under the conference table.

by Anonymousreply 4February 20, 2019 11:34 PM

Well I am 54 years old and now I am unemployed and a full-time caretaker for my 90 year old Mom. As she dozes off, my head falls onto the table asleep often.

by Anonymousreply 5February 20, 2019 11:37 PM

I have fallen asleep, studying, at my kitchen table. Also, at work after putting in thirteen hours after a grueling month. And sitting up, on the couch.

I was an insomniac in my teenage years but from college on, I could sleep anywhere when I was tired enough

by Anonymousreply 6February 20, 2019 11:56 PM

One warm afternoon when I was in high school, I began to doze off in history class. I became aware something was wrong when I realized that my head was on a collision course with my desk. I grabbed the desk to brace myself, and in doing so, knocked two heavy books onto the floor. It sounded like a gunshot. Everyone jumped and turned to stare at me, to see what had happened. And as the grand finale, no sooner had the books hit the floor when I farted very loudly, which surprised even me. Even Mr. Walker, the teacher, was caught up in the hysterical laughter that followed. One of the worst days of my life.

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2019 12:52 AM

But some of your stories don't involve sleeping through the night. In movies and tv shows, the characters awake the next morning still sitting at the kitchen table.

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2019 10:46 PM

True dat

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2019 8:51 PM

I could never take half of a man’s foot in my asshole!

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2019 8:54 PM

R10 is amazing!

by Anonymousreply 11March 21, 2019 9:32 PM

Fuck being bitchy for a minute, I’m sending hugs to R5.

by Anonymousreply 12March 21, 2019 10:02 PM

I fell asleep at my table eating leftover eggplant parmigiana, but I was drunk. Woke up in the morning with my face on the plate.

by Anonymousreply 13March 21, 2019 10:08 PM

In ninth grade biology one of the students in the previous class had fallen asleep with his head on his arms on the lab table. The bell for class change didn't wake him up and the other students (and teacher) in his class (which may have been a study hall) left him there. No one in my biology class woke him up, and our teacher said to let him be. About halfway through our class he woke up with a jerk, looked around completely befuddled and slunk out of the room, leaving a large puddle of saliva on the lab table. Shockingly, for high school freshmen, none of us laughed at him, we just side-eyed him.

by Anonymousreply 14March 21, 2019 10:29 PM

I fell asleep in the library while studying. When I awoke, the library was dark and closed. I had to call campus security to unlock the front door so I could get back to the dorm. I can't imagine sleeping through the night like that.

by Anonymousreply 15March 21, 2019 11:22 PM

I saw an episode of OZARK recently where Justin Batemen's character fell asleep laying on the bow of a boat and somehow woke up the next morning still laying on his back. Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2019 12:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!