Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Oscars has lost it's balls

First that pathetic attempt to have " popular film" as a category. Then the Kevin Hart debacle. Proper vetting required. Then..Then the best song of the year had two seats left. And then having the courage of a sloth to announce that no one was hosting-sort like your dead Uncle Bert's funeral. Then some awards are losing air time. Now the cocksuckers have given into sound editing. Bette Davis ran it better in ten days. Who's running it now: Eric Trump?

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2019 6:38 PM

Cinematography, also.

by Anonymousreply 1February 15, 2019 10:41 PM

The Oscars has lost it is balls.

by Anonymousreply 2February 15, 2019 10:54 PM

The Emmys and Tonys have their butts beaten when it comes to diversity.

by Anonymousreply 3February 15, 2019 10:59 PM

F/F the homophobic Fake Concerned Democrat troll.

You want to come on to a gay site and say the Oscars should have the balls to support a gay basher on the gayest show of the year?

Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 4February 15, 2019 11:11 PM

I can say this year I have the least interest in watching, while in past years it was always a must see event. The only thing I’m looking forward to is Glen getting the award finally.

by Anonymousreply 5February 15, 2019 11:34 PM

I agree with 5. The award shows are a big who cares? now that the best parts will be online ten minutes after it's over / next day / forever.

by Anonymousreply 6February 15, 2019 11:43 PM

ROMA will win Best Picture.

There, I saved you three hours.

by Anonymousreply 7February 16, 2019 12:10 AM

I hope "Roma" doesn't win Best Picture. Foreign films should not be able to compete with American films - that's why there is a separate category for it. Besides if the Academy wants to keep even liberal viewers "Roma " win will turn them off. Americans hate foreign films. If " The Help " didn't win why should "Roma"? The best picture winner should always be a reflection of the best of American filmmaking. The creators of the Academy didn't create it for Poland's best film.

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2019 5:26 PM

"Cocksucker" is a homophobic epithet.

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2019 5:33 PM

[quote]And then having the courage of a sloth to announce that no one was hosting-sort like your dead Uncle Bert's funeral.

Enough about Floppy Poopy Turds already. Bad enough you had to drag Angela Lansbury into it while miscasting M in the most embarrassing role in her career (out of many, many, many, many, MANY, many, many, many, many candidates) but now poor Bette Midler is forced to sing some "Hushabye Mountain" knockoff? Does Marc Shaiman have pictures of her doing something illegal or something?

by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2019 5:34 PM

[quote]i can say this year I have the least interest in watching, while in past years it was always a must see event.

This show has almost ALWAYS been lumbering and horrible! And why would they NEED a host? Their monologue and patter just ads another tedious half hour to it all.

And It wasn’t always done with a singular host ... in the 70s one year they had 5 hosts or something, sharing it.

by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2019 5:39 PM

No host? That is simply absurd.

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2019 5:40 PM

[quote]I hope "Roma" doesn't win Best Picture. Foreign films should not be able to compete with American films - that's why there is a separate category for it.

The category is foreign LANGUAGE films. Otherwise lots of British films (not to mention Canadian, Australian, etc.) could have been nominated.

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2019 6:27 PM

When it became an EVENT, like the Superbowl and when the red carpet became it's own institution is when it lost its balls.

They did better, (less fuss and no muss) when it was on Monday nights at 9 after the Barbara Walters special. Nominees did their own clothes, makeup and hair. People showed up in whatever the fuck they felt like wearing. The show started with a two minute carpet montage and then boom, they were off and running with a host. No umpteen montages of movie moments or long drawn out patter between awards presenters. They even managed to do it with all the honorary awards thrown in for measure. But you also had a lot of celebrities who were capable of being entertaining unscripted.

Honestly, at this point, they should just show the honorary awards ceremony on ABC and stick this on the internet. Everyone knows who's going to win weeks before the ceremony, and there's no joy in watching someone giving their twenty fifth acceptance speech.

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2019 6:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!