Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Best Actress 2019 - (next year) - and the Oscar Goes To...

Mary Kay Place?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158May 13, 2019 4:19 AM

For Diane, who lives alone in western Massachusetts, everyone else comes first. Generous but with little patience for self-pity, she spends her days checking in on sick friends, volunteering at her local soup kitchen and trying valiantly to save her troubled, drug-addicted adult son (Jake Lacy) from himself. But beneath her relentless routine of self-sacrifice, Diane is fighting a desperate internal battle, haunted by a past she can’t forget and which threatens to tear her increasingly chaotic world apart.

by Anonymousreply 1February 15, 2019 12:42 AM

I would much rather see her in Something's Wrong with Aunt Diane: A True Story

by Anonymousreply 2February 15, 2019 12:44 AM

That's what I thought the movie was about when I first saw the Trailer.

by Anonymousreply 3February 15, 2019 12:45 AM

I've always loved her. Anxious to see this.

by Anonymousreply 4February 15, 2019 12:46 AM

I've always loved her. Anxious to see this.

by Anonymousreply 5February 15, 2019 12:46 AM

Great supporting cast: Estelle Parsons, Andrea Martin, Deirdre O’Connell, Joyce Van Patten, Phyllis Sommerville, Glynnis O’Connor.

by Anonymousreply 6February 15, 2019 12:51 AM

I’d rather see Mary Kay Place as Loretta Haggers again.

by Anonymousreply 7February 15, 2019 12:52 AM

Amy Adams is a lock for The Woman in the Window. And Melissa McCarthy for The Kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 8February 15, 2019 12:54 AM

I saw it at Tribeca last year -- she is terrific. It's probably too small a film though, and her performance is really even-keeled and lived-in, not at all histrionic like the Oscars usually prefer their "acting" to be. Not sure if it can maintain buzz all year

by Anonymousreply 9February 15, 2019 12:56 AM

[quote]Amy Adams is a lock for The Woman in the Window.

Nope. Won't even be nominated.

by Anonymousreply 10February 15, 2019 12:57 AM

It seems like Amy Adams will always be an also-ran in these races. Ironically, I think her best shot at winning was for her first nomination for Junebug. That performance was phenomenal. She should have been nominated for Enchanted.

by Anonymousreply 11February 15, 2019 1:27 AM

Amy can rest assured: she will finally win for a remake of "The Wife" in 25 years.

by Anonymousreply 12February 15, 2019 1:29 AM

Tony winner Cynthia Erivo plays Harriet Tubman in a biopic. That seems like a winning combination. (Then again, David Oyelowo as MLK didn’t happen).

by Anonymousreply 13February 15, 2019 1:36 AM

Cynthia Erivo has such a lovely voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 15, 2019 11:17 AM

Actress : Cynthia Erivo, Kristen Stewart, Felicity Jones, Ruth Negga, Saoirse Ronan

supporting actress: Margot Robbie, Anna Paquin, Janelle Monaé - Gugu Mbatha-Raw or Meryl or Dame Judi - Scarlett Johansson

Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, Eddie Redmayne, George MacKay or Jack O'Connol , Bill Nighy or Mark Rylance, De Niro

Supporting Actor: Bobby Cannavale, Whishaw or Capaldi or Laurie - Brad Pitt (category fraud) - Tom Hanks (category fraud) - Al Pacino (category fraud)

by Anonymousreply 15February 15, 2019 11:37 AM

Wow, Estelle Parsons is 91, and she looks fantastic in that trailer.

by Anonymousreply 16February 15, 2019 1:09 PM

Sadly, Amy Adams will probably be a victim of the revelations about the author of Woman in the Window--I suspect that film will be DOA.

by Anonymousreply 17February 15, 2019 1:45 PM

What are the movies, R15?

by Anonymousreply 18February 15, 2019 1:53 PM

No, it won’t, R18. The book was an enormous bestseller and the film is being directed by Joe Wright (Atonement, Darkest Hour)-he’s no hack.

by Anonymousreply 19February 15, 2019 2:32 PM

Cynthia Erivo is British.

by Anonymousreply 20February 15, 2019 4:08 PM

Pan and Darkest Hours were both awful.

by Anonymousreply 21February 15, 2019 4:09 PM

R20/R21

by Anonymousreply 22February 15, 2019 4:10 PM

[QUOTE]Cynthia Erivo is British.

Yeah, and?

by Anonymousreply 23February 15, 2019 4:20 PM

Cynthia Errivo in Harriet:

biopic film of Harriet Tubman American abolitionist and political activist. Born into slavery, Tubman escaped and subsequently made some thirteen missions to rescue approximately seventy enslaved people, family and friends, using the network of antislavery activists and safe houses known as the Underground Railroad.

Kristen Stewart in Against All Enemies:

It's a independent political thriller film and Stewart stars as actress Jean Seberg, and the story centers on attempts by the FBI to discredit Seberg through its Cointelpro program in retaliation for her support of the Black Panther Party. Those efforts included creating a false story in 1970 that the child Seberg was carrying was not fathered by her husband, but by a member of the Black Panther Party. Jack O'Connell and Anthony Mackie, are also starring

Felicity Jones in The Aeronauts:

Set in 1862, “The Aeronauts” tells the story of a wealthy young widow and an ambitious scientist (Jones and Redmayne) who mount a perilous hot-air balloon expedition to fly higher than anyone in history.

Ruth Negga in Passing:

Lesbian racial drama it's adapted from Nella Larsen’s Passing and directed by Rebecca Hall.

Saoirse Ronan in Ammonite:

Lesbian Fossil Hunter movie co-starring Kate Winslet the film will be written and directed by Francis Lee (God's Own Country).

by Anonymousreply 24February 15, 2019 4:28 PM

supporting actress:

Margot Robbie as murdered actress Sharon Tate in Once Upon a Time In Hollywood director by Tarantino

Anna Paquin as Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran's rebellious daughter Peggy in Irishman director by Scorsese

Janelle Monaé, Harriet

Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Misbehavior . based on the true story behind the disruption of the 1970 Miss World contest by the newly-formed Women's Liberation Movement. Mbatha-Raw plays Miss Grenada, Jennifer Hosten, who was the first black woman to win the Miss World title.

Dame Judi as Old Deuteronomy, Cats directed by Tom Hooper

Scarlett Johansson, Jojo Rabbit: WWII-era film about a young boy in Nazi Germany, and his imaginary friend. Johansson plays the mother of the young boy, whose loyalties are tested when he discovers his mother is hiding a Jewish boy in their home. Director: Taika Waititi

Meryl Streep as Aunt March, Little Women

* I don't know if Gugu's role is supporting or lead

by Anonymousreply 25February 15, 2019 4:45 PM

Actor:

[bold]Leonardo DiCaprio[/bold] as Rick Dalton, Once Upon a Time In Hollywood directed by Tarantino

An actor who starred in the Western television series Bounty Law from 1958 to 1963. His attempt to transition to movies has not worked out and in 1969, he is struggling, doing guest roles on other people's programs while contemplating moving to Italy, which has become a hotbed for low-budget Westerns. He is a neighbor of Sharon Tate.

[bold]Robert De Niro[/bold] as Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran, The Irishman Directed by Martin Scorsese

a labor union leader and alleged hitman for the Bufalino crime family. In his capacity as a high official in the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Sheeran was a leading figure in the corruption of unions by organized crime.

[bold]Eddie Redmayne[/bold], The Aeronauts

[bold]George MacKay[/bold] as Ned Kelly, True History of the Kelly Gang directed by Justin Kurzel (Macbeth)

Based on Peter Carey's Man Booker Prize winner novel. The story of Australian bush-ranger Ned Kelly and his gang as they flee from authorities during the 1870s.

[bold]Jack O'Connell[/bold] , Against All Enemies

[bold]Bill Nighy[/bold], Hope Gap

A couple's visit with their son (Josh O'Connor) takes a dramatic turn when the father tells him he plans on leaving his mother (Benning).

[bold]Mark Rylance[/bold], Waiting for the Barbarians

The story enters on a magistrate; a loyal servant (played by Rylance) of "the Empire" who is working in a tiny frontier town, doing his best to ignore an inevitable war with the so-called "barbarians." After he witnesses the cruel and unjust treatment of prisoners of war, he reconsiders his role in the regime and carries out a quixotic act of rebellion.

by Anonymousreply 26February 15, 2019 5:05 PM

Supporting Actor:

[bold]Bobby Cannavale[/bold] as Felix "Skinny Razor" DiTullio, The Irishman

Mentor to Philadelphia Mafia Bosses

[bold]Ben Whishaw or Peter Capaldi or Hugh Laurie[/bold], The Personal History of David Copperfield

Armando Iannucci's 'modern take' on David Copperfield

[bold]Brad Pitt[/bold] as Cliff Booth, Once Upon a Time In Hollywood

Rick (DiCaprio)'s longtime stunt double and best friend.

[bold]Tom Hanks[/bold] as Fred Rogers, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

directed by Marielle Heller (The Diary of a Teenage Girl and Can You Ever Forgive Me?)

[bold]Al Pacino[/bold] as Jimmy Hoffa, The Irishman

American labor union leader who served as the President of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) union from 1957 until 1971. He vanished in late July 1975, at age 62. Hoffa's unsolved disappearance many believe was at Sheeran’s hands.

by Anonymousreply 27February 15, 2019 5:18 PM

Julianne Moore as Gloria Steinem in ‘The Gloria’s: A Life on the Road’

by Anonymousreply 28February 15, 2019 5:52 PM

R28 It's a remake.

by Anonymousreply 29February 15, 2019 5:59 PM

R29, I think you’re thinking of ‘Gloria Bell’ which she is also in and opens next month and is a remake. ‘The Glorias’ is a biopic based on Gloria Steinem’s autobiography. It’s filming now and has “2020” listed as it’s release date on IMDb but that could change if they get it done in enough time to release at the end of the year.

by Anonymousreply 30February 15, 2019 6:04 PM

R30 Thanks . ‘The Gloria’s: A Life on the Road’ seems very interesting but wish it had a better director.

by Anonymousreply 31February 15, 2019 6:06 PM

Would Saoirse Ronan not get it for Little Women rather than Ammonite

by Anonymousreply 32February 15, 2019 6:15 PM

The Aeronauts is not even released yet and is facing controversary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 15, 2019 6:19 PM

Not a fan of Brad Pitt or his acting but I can see him easily winning best actor or supp actor next year .

He's popular and it seems he's going to have a banner year with Ad Astra and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood he's a shoo-in for win sooner or later it happens and he wins Oscar for acting.

If he's frauds to supporting category he can easily win best supporting actor for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

and if Ad Astra is good he at least gets the lead actor nomination.

by Anonymousreply 34February 15, 2019 6:24 PM

Julianne Moore could also be up for After the Wedding, with Michelle Williams committing category fraud in Supporting. Going by the Sundance reviews the latter scenario seems more likely.

by Anonymousreply 35February 15, 2019 7:15 PM

After the Wedding is also a remake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 15, 2019 7:26 PM

Radioactive 2020 Directed by Marjane Satrapi

Tells the story of Nobel Prize winner Marie Curie and her extraordinary scientific discoveries — through the prism of her marriage to husband Pierre — and the seismic and transformative effects their discovery of radium had on the 20th century.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 15, 2019 9:45 PM

I watched the trailer for Diane and still have no idea what the film is about.

The trailer is beautifully done, but what the fuck is it about? Shouldn't a trailer tell you a little something about the plot to make you want to see it?

by Anonymousreply 38February 15, 2019 10:06 PM

Diane fills her days helping others and desperately attempting to bond with her drug-addicted son. As these pieces of her existence begin to fade, she finds herself confronting memories she'd sooner forget than face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 15, 2019 10:15 PM

Kristin Stewart?! LOL. Only if Pia Zadora doesn't make the cut.

Meryl's at least fifteen years too old for that role. At least.

by Anonymousreply 40February 15, 2019 10:17 PM

Stewart is better than recent Oscar winners Lawrence, Stone and Larson combined.

by Anonymousreply 41February 15, 2019 10:21 PM

Meryl for Netflix Panama Papers Movie The Laundromat

by Anonymousreply 42February 15, 2019 10:27 PM

Amy Ryan for Netflix film Lost Girls

by Anonymousreply 43February 16, 2019 1:00 AM

Amy Ryan is always so good.

by Anonymousreply 44February 16, 2019 6:05 AM

R44 b

by Anonymousreply 45February 16, 2019 3:58 PM

Well, we can all be sure who WON’T be nominated...

by Anonymousreply 46February 16, 2019 6:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 17, 2019 6:51 AM

I'm not sure I can see Dame Judi getting nominated for playing Old Deuteronomy in CATS. Hasn't she got anything else coming out?

[quote]Stewart stars as actress Jean Seberg

A part she's really miscast in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 17, 2019 8:41 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 17, 2019 8:46 AM

Streep will get a supporting for Little Women.

by Anonymousreply 50February 17, 2019 7:31 PM

Stewart looks great if the film is good then she gets nominated she's overdue for Oscar nomination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 17, 2019 10:35 PM

Who will be the frontrunner for Supporting Actress, R50/R51? I can already see Margot Robbie getting talked up.

by Anonymousreply 52February 17, 2019 10:46 PM

Great buzz at Sundance for Emma Thompson in new film about a talk show host. I think it’s called “Late Night,” but not sure about that.

by Anonymousreply 53February 18, 2019 1:01 AM

Enrivo is winning. British + BioPic = victory

by Anonymousreply 54February 18, 2019 1:07 AM

I know that it’s probably far off any sort of Oscar radar, but I am fucking living for Octavia Spencer in the trailer for MA.

“Let’s get this party TURNED UP!”

by Anonymousreply 55February 18, 2019 1:08 AM

[quote]Enrivo is winning. British + BioPic = victory

Yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 56February 18, 2019 1:16 AM

Elisabeth Moss will be in Supporting for The Kitchen

by Anonymousreply 57February 18, 2019 3:32 AM

R52 Yes I think Margot Robbie for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. she's very popular and well connected in Hollywood and plays a real tragic person.

by Anonymousreply 58February 18, 2019 3:34 AM

Okay R58

by Anonymousreply 59February 18, 2019 3:36 AM

People are also talking about Elisabeth Moss in Her Smell, R57, but even Harvey at the height of his dark powers couldn’t sell a movie with that title and that actress.

The Ktchen sounds a lot like Widows, only without the Oscar pedigree. And that went absolutely nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 60February 18, 2019 3:42 AM

I thought Widows was boring and I did not enjoy Viola’s hardened performance.

by Anonymousreply 61February 18, 2019 3:45 AM

The Kitchen is set in the 1970s and the husbands are all in jail for racketeering. None of them are dead. It’s nothing like Widows.

by Anonymousreply 62February 18, 2019 3:49 AM

So the wives take over the husbands’ criminal professions in one because they’re dead, and in the other because they’re in jail, and yet they’re nothing alike? Okay....

by Anonymousreply 63February 18, 2019 3:52 AM

Rene Zellweger - Judy

Rosamund Pike - Radioactive

Cate Blanchett - Lucy and Desi

Cate Blanchett - Where'd You Go, Bernadette

by Anonymousreply 64February 18, 2019 3:56 AM

Kate Winslet - The Half of It

Diane Kruger - If Love Were All

by Anonymousreply 65February 18, 2019 4:00 AM

I don’t think Lucy and Desi is happening this year, and the fact that they pushed Bernadette back isn’t a great sign.

I’d love for Rosamund Pike to get back in the Oscar race. She was great in A Private War, even though that didn’t get any Oscar traction.

by Anonymousreply 66February 18, 2019 4:02 AM

God Almighty, EVERYBODY is missing the point here!

Estelle Parsons will be nominated for "Diane." And per our recent, terrific thread on E.P., that will mark her 376th Academy Award nomination, with 87 Oscar wins, 63 Tonys, 41 Emmys, 22 Grammys, 18 Sarah Siddons awards, 14 Pulitzers, 9 Peabodys and 4 - count 'em, FOUR- Nobel Peace Prizes!

Suck it, M! Go Estelle!

by Anonymousreply 67February 18, 2019 4:08 AM

The “Estelle Parsons has Won a Zillion Awards” Troll is the most DataLounge thing ever, and I don’t (entirely) mean that as an insult.

by Anonymousreply 68February 18, 2019 4:13 AM

Did Parsons ever win a Tony?

by Anonymousreply 69February 18, 2019 4:15 AM

[quote]Great supporting cast: Estelle Parsons, Andrea Martin, Deirdre O’Connell, Joyce Van Patten, Phyllis Sommerville, Glynnis O’Connor.

I honestly thought that Parsons, Van Patten and O'Connor were all dead.

by Anonymousreply 70February 18, 2019 4:15 AM

Parsons was just on the Roseanne reboot last year.

by Anonymousreply 71February 18, 2019 4:16 AM

I just saw Van Patten in an old Twilight Zone episode and she's a surprisingly good actress.

by Anonymousreply 72February 18, 2019 4:18 AM

Renee in Judy sounds like Razzie material.

by Anonymousreply 73February 18, 2019 4:22 AM

Bump!

by Anonymousreply 74February 18, 2019 7:52 AM

[quote]Did Parsons ever win a Tony?

Yes, at least one, for "Miss Margarida's Way."

by Anonymousreply 75February 18, 2019 11:34 AM

Kathy Bates- The Velvet Armadillo

by Anonymousreply 76February 18, 2019 11:38 AM

Viola Davis - Osprey

Glenda Jackson - The Sage's Cry

by Anonymousreply 77February 18, 2019 12:27 PM

R77, those are made-up titles. Neither one is listed on imdb.

by Anonymousreply 78February 18, 2019 2:23 PM

Asshole/R63, I worked as crew on The Kitchen. There are surface similarities to Widows but they are still nothing alike. The tones of the two films couldn’t be more different. So shut the fuck up until you’ve seen both.

by Anonymousreply 79February 18, 2019 2:31 PM

Triggered, hon at R79?

by Anonymousreply 80February 18, 2019 2:41 PM

No, dear/R80, just spelling it out for morons like you

by Anonymousreply 81February 18, 2019 2:51 PM

Umm, I’m not R63, you cunt. Just an observer of your unhinged rant. You must have been a joy for everyone on set.

by Anonymousreply 82February 18, 2019 3:03 PM

Virginia Madsen - Mrs. Winter's Regret

Julie Walters - Summer Bank Holiday

Joan Allen - Any Day Now

by Anonymousreply 83February 18, 2019 3:30 PM

Domhnall Gleeson supporting actor nomination for The Kitchen

by Anonymousreply 84February 18, 2019 5:20 PM

R83 thinks he’s way funnier than he is.

by Anonymousreply 85February 18, 2019 6:10 PM

Lupita for Us

by Anonymousreply 86February 18, 2019 6:13 PM

R86 -

by Anonymousreply 87February 18, 2019 6:15 PM

Emily Beecham and Whishaw for Little Joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 18, 2019 6:17 PM

Any Jake Gyllenhaal movie that can earn him a nomination in any of 2 acting category?The guy deserves more than 1nom.

by Anonymousreply 89February 18, 2019 6:30 PM

Elisabeth Moss has 3 movies this year: The Kitchen, Us, and Her Smell – she better get her first Oscar nod

by Anonymousreply 90February 18, 2019 6:30 PM

Her Smell?

Oh lord.

by Anonymousreply 91February 18, 2019 6:36 PM

What's the big sin that Diane is trying to redeem?

by Anonymousreply 92February 18, 2019 6:55 PM

R92 Spoiler:

I haven't watched the film but from the article below

[quote]the story of her own addiction and selfish passion (that weekend at the Cape! when she abandoned her young son to have an affair), which has guided the karma of her life in ways she never expected, leading to the moment of invisible reckoning she’s at now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93February 18, 2019 7:44 PM

Kristen Stewart for Underwater or Jean Seberg film. Gaspard Ulliel for Sibyl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94February 19, 2019 4:12 PM

Taylor Swift and Jennifer Hudson for Cats!

by Anonymousreply 95February 21, 2019 4:58 PM

I love Mary Kay Place.

by Anonymousreply 96February 21, 2019 5:17 PM

Mamie, can you please look her up? I think she was in one of my movies.

by Anonymousreply 97February 21, 2019 7:34 PM

Her Smell already played at festivals last year and got mediocre reviews. But then this whole thread is a mess. It is just too early. Remember when Blunt and Adams were locks this time last year? And the Widows? But no one was talking about Green Book or Roma.

What is that old saying about nobody knows nothing?

by Anonymousreply 98February 22, 2019 12:25 PM

Cynthia Erivo, Harriet

Saoirse Ronan, Little Women

Kristen Stewart, Against All Enemies

Thomasin McKenzie, Jojo Rabbit

Frances McDormand, Nomadland

by Anonymousreply 99February 23, 2019 6:53 PM

Melissa McCarthy - The Kitchen

Olivia Coleman - Them That Follow

Glenn Close - Sunset Boulevard

Lady Gaga - Yentl in Brooklyn

Yaritza Aparicio - Roma 2: Electric Bugaloo

by Anonymousreply 100February 23, 2019 7:07 PM

First Half of Scorsese’s ‘The Irishman’ Features De-Aged Cast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101February 24, 2019 12:25 PM

best actress: Kristen Stewart

best actor: Eddie Redmayne

best supporting actor: Bobby Cannavale or Stephen Graham

best supporting actress: Anna Paquin

by Anonymousreply 102February 25, 2019 5:49 PM

R100 Olivia Coleman - Them That Follow

bad reviews and she's supporting in the film

by Anonymousreply 103February 25, 2019 5:50 PM

Scorsese is a lock for a nom.

by Anonymousreply 104February 26, 2019 8:33 PM

Awards Circuit, which always post predictions for the next year right after the Oscars, has these five for Best Actress next year:

Amy Adams “The Woman in the Window” (20th Century Fox)

Cate Blanchett “Where’d You Go, Bernadette” (United Artists)

Cynthia Erivo “Harriet” (Focus Features) – WINNER

Saoirse Ronan “Little Women” (Sony Pictures)

Alfre Woodard “Clemency” (No U.S. Distribution)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105February 27, 2019 10:59 AM

Amy Adams is so overrated she doesn't need another nomination.

by Anonymousreply 106February 27, 2019 11:20 AM

And the nominees for Best Actress are:

Nancy Pelosi -- Pretending That Clap Was Not the Nastiest Ever Public Trump Diss KellyAnne Conway -- Pretending She's Not Insane Sarah Huckabee Sanders -- Pretending She's Not a Propaganda Machine Ivanka Trump -- Pretending She Doesn't Mind It When Daddy Touches Her Melania Trump -- Pretending She Doesn't Fantasize About Donald Choking On His Chicken Bones

by Anonymousreply 107February 27, 2019 11:34 AM

Taylor Swift for pretending she's not gay [html removed]Karlie Kloss for pretending she's not gay[html removed]

by Anonymousreply 108February 27, 2019 11:36 AM

These awards sites like to pretend they know something but are usually wrong on tv and film. Dead wrong. They also get stuck on "faves" "queens" and "legends". Embarrassing.

And would some poster stop bringing up films that have already come out at film festivals and got mediocre reviews. Google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 109February 27, 2019 11:52 AM

[quote] Scorsese is a lock for a nom.

Is Marty transitioning?

by Anonymousreply 110February 27, 2019 8:03 PM

An Oscar for Place would be nice indeed. Easy to root for.

by Anonymousreply 111February 27, 2019 8:08 PM

(Like Janney, Metcalfe, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 112February 27, 2019 8:12 PM

Awardswatch is a bunch of self-righteous, know-it-all losers. I would have loved to watch the fallout when Close lost.

by Anonymousreply 113March 1, 2019 2:29 AM

Mary Kay Place will have to get used to being cheated out of Oscars just as she was robbed of a Grammy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 1, 2019 2:39 AM

Sorry....Oscar is going Renee Zellwiger as Judy Gardland in 2020

by Anonymousreply 115March 1, 2019 3:05 AM

[quote]R16 Wow, Estelle Parsons is 91, and she looks fantastic in that trailer.

She will get her 15th Oscar for this, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 116March 1, 2019 3:16 AM

R113 Many Awardswatch users were so nasty to Colman It was just disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 117March 3, 2019 8:15 PM

R115 She's outed as Weinstein's ex whore so no. I also don't see another Oscar in future of Theron or Jennnifer Lawrence for the same exact reason.

by Anonymousreply 118March 3, 2019 8:16 PM

Glynnis O’Connor! Wow!!

by Anonymousreply 119March 3, 2019 8:27 PM

All this talk about future nominations are silly. The movies may end up flopping. Remember all the buzz about Leo playing J. Edgar Hoover? Crickets.

by Anonymousreply 120March 3, 2019 9:47 PM

Last year around this time, Saoirse Ronan was a SHOO-IN for Best Actress for Mary Queen of Scots, before the film had opened.

by Anonymousreply 121March 3, 2019 10:38 PM

"Diane" sounds as depressing as "Manchester by the Sea," also set in a Massachusetts working-class town.

I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 122March 3, 2019 10:58 PM

No one like Kristen Stewart, she is box office poison.

No noms for her.

by Anonymousreply 123March 3, 2019 11:06 PM

The Aeronauts is winning 6 Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 124March 22, 2019 12:49 AM

According to Variety, Thierry Fremaux was a big admirer of Against All Enemies. It could be a promising sign of quality or he could be just stanning Kristen Stewart as he loves her.

by Anonymousreply 125March 22, 2019 12:50 AM

^ This is one I am looking forward to. I think this is going be great. Read the back story if you don't believe me. Perfect for Kristen Stewart. 👍

by Anonymousreply 126March 22, 2019 12:53 AM

I actually didn't think Diane was that depressing. Not like a lot of movies that just wallow in themselves, anyway. It takes its tone from its lead character and is fairly pragmatic about itself. There's no histrionics or melodrama.

by Anonymousreply 127March 22, 2019 12:57 AM

Leonardo DiCaprio

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128March 22, 2019 1:01 AM

shitty accent by Portman she's ruining another film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129March 22, 2019 1:26 AM

I'm ok with Mary Kay Place getting an oscar. I thought Michelle pfeiffer should have been nominated instead of Gaga.

I hate Kristen Stewart so very much.

by Anonymousreply 130March 22, 2019 1:29 AM

[quote]r123 No one like Kristen Stewart, she is box office poison. No noms for her.

I will save her from my fate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 22, 2019 2:44 AM

What about Molly Shannon? She looks great in the trailer for that Emily Dickinson movie.

by Anonymousreply 132March 22, 2019 4:05 AM

Lupita Nyong'o- Us

by Anonymousreply 133April 6, 2019 8:09 PM

DiCaprio will likely get another nomination, but I don't think he's going to win. It took him ages to win his 1st Oscar, why would anyone want to give him 2nd so soon?

by Anonymousreply 134April 6, 2019 8:13 PM

Phoenix for Joker. Career win.

by Anonymousreply 135April 6, 2019 8:17 PM

[QUOTE]Lupita Nyong'o- Us

I can totally see this. Similar to Daniel Kaluuya's nomination for Get Out.

by Anonymousreply 136April 11, 2019 6:44 PM

2020 Oscar Nomination Predictions: BEST ACTOR (April)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 17, 2019 10:56 PM

Jessie Buckley in Wild Rose

by Anonymousreply 138April 17, 2019 10:58 PM

2020 Oscar Nomination Predictions: BEST ACTRESS (April)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 17, 2019 10:58 PM

Robert Pattinson is earning acclaim for his performance in Claire Denis' must-see space drama #HighLife. Watch an exclusive clip

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140April 19, 2019 10:18 PM

Shoulda been nominated for GOOD TIME

by Anonymousreply 141April 19, 2019 10:18 PM

Kristen Stewart is so miscast. How did they pick a chubby, short, butch, low energy actress as the vibrant classy ultra feminine Seberg?

by Anonymousreply 142April 20, 2019 1:50 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 20, 2019 2:19 AM

R142 trolling hard

by Anonymousreply 144April 20, 2019 10:26 AM

Pattinson and Stewart are both overdue for Oscar nomination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 25, 2019 11:27 AM

Willem Dafoe was robbed he should have won for Florida Project.

by Anonymousreply 146April 25, 2019 11:28 AM

Willem Dafoe is really having quite a career resurgence. Can you imagine him getting another Oscar nomination next year (which would make it three years in a row being nominated)? I would think he'd be a frontrunner if that happened.

by Anonymousreply 147April 25, 2019 2:53 PM

^ Yes he was sole nominee from two movies two years in a row that just show's how respected he is among his peers.

by Anonymousreply 148April 27, 2019 1:38 PM

Oscars 2020: Best Supporting Actor Predictions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 11, 2019 6:56 AM

who cares

by Anonymousreply 150May 11, 2019 7:36 AM

What’s the tea on the screening for Against All Enemies? I remember something awhile back about Kristen’s performance being strong, I also remember certain juicy moments being listed, but I need my memory jogged.

by Anonymousreply 151May 12, 2019 5:44 PM

Best Actor: James McAvoy - It: Chapter Two

by Anonymousreply 152May 12, 2019 5:46 PM

R152, I have actually heard that buzz already. Supposedly, he’s amazing.

by Anonymousreply 153May 12, 2019 6:22 PM

Jean was absolutely Hitchcockian, r142.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154May 12, 2019 6:26 PM

It’s only May and you bitches are already predicting noms AND winners for performances in movies that haven’t even come out yet.

by Anonymousreply 155May 12, 2019 6:39 PM

I don't think It: Chapter Two being a Oscar bait movie.

by Anonymousreply 156May 13, 2019 4:18 AM

Kristen Stewart > Emma Stone + Jennifer Lawrence + Brie Larson

but no Oscar nomination because she's out if she was a closet case like the named 3 she would already have at least one Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 157May 13, 2019 4:19 AM

R142 is a troll the people like you are the reason gay actors don't come out.

by Anonymousreply 158May 13, 2019 4:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!