Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anthony Rapp - Anyone Who Works w/ Bryan Singer Will Be Shamed By Me

Tweeting

"Any actor who agrees to work on this film is complicit in keeping a predator in power and will be put on blast. "

So should these A-listers who work with Bryan Singer be shaking in their boots by that threat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 29, 2019 9:21 PM

Dear Anthony Rapp.

So, you're fine forever singing the lyrics and notes of a dead plagiarist, but not a molester. Cool.

by Anonymousreply 1January 28, 2019 7:56 PM

That Rapp kid had a big mouth.

by Anonymousreply 2January 28, 2019 7:59 PM

A Bryan Singer musical. Shudder, cringe, wince!

by Anonymousreply 3January 28, 2019 7:59 PM

Anthony Rapp is making threats and using intimidation.

by Anonymousreply 4January 28, 2019 8:00 PM

Ms. Rapp has stated her boundaries

by Anonymousreply 5January 28, 2019 8:01 PM

Well, he is right. Not just by him. To work with Singer now is just not an option.

by Anonymousreply 6January 28, 2019 8:04 PM

r1 You are honestly asking if there is a difference between those two crimes?

by Anonymousreply 7January 28, 2019 8:05 PM

R6 but should he be THREATENING people?

by Anonymousreply 8January 28, 2019 8:05 PM

Gurl is channeling Rose

by Anonymousreply 9January 28, 2019 8:05 PM

He is telling it like it is. With relish.

by Anonymousreply 10January 28, 2019 8:06 PM

What's he going to do, rub his index fingers together and cry "shame, shame, double shame"?

by Anonymousreply 11January 28, 2019 8:07 PM

R11 he is prepared to use Social Media to create a angry mob against anyone who with Bryan Singer.

by Anonymousreply 12January 28, 2019 8:11 PM

Singer says The Atlantic article was HOMOPHOBIC It's written by 2 authors: Esquire editor Maximillian Potter and Atlantic scribe [Potter's "partner"] Alex French.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 28, 2019 8:12 PM

R12 = Gene Rayburn drawing a blank.

by Anonymousreply 14January 28, 2019 8:12 PM

R13: Not this case but you can perfectly be gay and an homophobe and there are plenty examples of that.

It's a shame he uses that defense when the first accusations started he claimed to be bisexual (it was by the time he had his kid). Him and Kevin Spacey using that kind of defense is offensive.

I think his career is dead but he won't go to jail unless the accusers are more solid this time (and probably not even that way)

by Anonymousreply 15January 28, 2019 8:16 PM

R14 you comment makes no sense

by Anonymousreply 16January 28, 2019 8:17 PM

The thing about this kind of exclamation is that you have to be prepared to be ever vigilant about your own associations and friendships forever. I do believe that KS did what AR said he did, and that BS is a predatory creep, but once you start throwing stones at others supporting or working with them, you're opening your whole life up for scrutiny.

by Anonymousreply 17January 28, 2019 8:19 PM

They should be shamed, public shaming works. Good for Rapp. And I think it is important to see gay guys taking the lead to stand against Singer as he tries his bullshit "homophobia!" defense.

by Anonymousreply 18January 28, 2019 8:21 PM

R16, say that in a very thick Sicilian accent.

by Anonymousreply 19January 28, 2019 8:23 PM

R19 I think you are in the wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 20January 28, 2019 8:24 PM

Is he including everyone who worked on the XMen films?

by Anonymousreply 21January 28, 2019 8:24 PM

Oh please. Everyone today is such a fucking sissy.

by Anonymousreply 22January 28, 2019 8:25 PM

Well Bryan R22 not everyone likes to be finger-fucked by you in the middle of the street.

by Anonymousreply 23January 28, 2019 9:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 28, 2019 10:07 PM

aw man lets all fear A lister ANTHONY FUCKIN RAPP!! The queeniest cast member of RENT, proud costar of the finest piece of cinema in history Adventures in Babysitting, Joliet's second favorite son(second only to the ever talented ANDY DICK!).

by Anonymousreply 25January 28, 2019 10:14 PM

Ari Lerner is also a predator and enabler of predators. No surprise there.

by Anonymousreply 26January 28, 2019 10:20 PM

I think it takes a lot of guts to go after someone who has been protected by the Hollywood elite for most of his career. Singer deserves it and Hollywood should be put on notice that Singer is a liability now that the general public thinks he's a creep.

by Anonymousreply 27January 28, 2019 10:27 PM

Singer is done, but Rapp is small potatoes. He's a Twitter queen - apparently because Ms Rapp doesn't have too much else to do. There's not much upcoming on IMDB so I guess he can bitch his way through life.

by Anonymousreply 28January 28, 2019 10:29 PM

R28 I thought he was on Star Trek

by Anonymousreply 29January 28, 2019 10:31 PM

Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 30January 28, 2019 10:36 PM

I am not a fan of bullying and intimidation. Anthony Rspp should be shut down by a few expensive lawsuits. And probably will be.

by Anonymousreply 31January 28, 2019 10:37 PM

Ohhh That's a fate worse than death, getting shamed by some no name nelly queen. Truly scared.

by Anonymousreply 32January 28, 2019 10:40 PM

Yawn. I read his tweet in his bitchy little Daryl voice.

by Anonymousreply 33January 28, 2019 10:41 PM

Star Trek Discovery should invite Singer to direct an episode.

Just for shits and giggles.

by Anonymousreply 34January 28, 2019 10:45 PM

Why now? Didn't Rapp have knowledge of Singer's shenanigans earlier?

by Anonymousreply 35January 28, 2019 10:46 PM

Anthony Rapp @albinokid

As an actor I’m holding my fellow actors accountable. I’m also trying to hold producers, studios, agents, PR folks, etc accountable.

by Anonymousreply 36January 28, 2019 10:51 PM

Don't you have some people to rape r31? Off with you.

by Anonymousreply 37January 28, 2019 11:29 PM

This is what he should be doing, despite his rating as an actor.

by Anonymousreply 38January 28, 2019 11:37 PM

No defending Singer, but Rapp is a fuckin' pussy. And a tattletale. Little worm.

If he was in any way harmed at age 14, I would understand it. But this is bullshit.

Like Johnathon Schaech. "Ohhh if only Bernardo Bertolucci hadn't touched my hot, pulsating, 19-year-old American weiner I never would've become a drug addict!" Gimme a motherfuckin' break, yo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 28, 2019 11:48 PM

Does that include his brother, Adam?

by Anonymousreply 40January 29, 2019 12:24 AM

At least he didn't accuse Rock Hudson. Can you imagine the headlines: "Rock Grabs Rapp!"

by Anonymousreply 41January 29, 2019 12:55 AM

All the little rapists shake their little fists at Anthony Rapp.

by Anonymousreply 42January 29, 2019 12:59 AM

"So, you're fine forever singing the lyrics and notes of a dead plagiarist, but not a molester. Cool."

Larson was a plagiarist? When did this come out?

by Anonymousreply 43January 29, 2019 1:01 AM

Hollywood’s reaction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 29, 2019 1:11 AM

With all that drama Red Sonja sure will be on a lot of people's radar.

by Anonymousreply 45January 29, 2019 3:02 AM

JL was not a plagiarist.

by Anonymousreply 46January 29, 2019 3:15 AM

I am telling you NOW so I don't have to tell you THEN!

by Anonymousreply 47January 29, 2019 3:19 AM

R25 r32 r33

That’s is BISEXUAL Anthony to you queens.

by Anonymousreply 48January 29, 2019 3:23 AM

Hollywood is disgusting. Abuse of power is its corner stone. Happens at every turn. Everyone is ok with until they are not.

by Anonymousreply 49January 29, 2019 3:36 AM

[quote]Anthony Rspp should be shut down by a few expensive lawsuits. And probably will be.

[quote]Ohhh That's a fate worse than death, getting shamed by some no name nelly queen. Truly scared.

I'd be willing to bet all of the assholes in this thread attacking Anthony Rapp for having the guts to take a public stand against Singer are the same posters in the Michael Jackson thread passing judgment on all the people they think turned a blind eye to what Jackson was doing. They're probably also the same ones in the Oscar threads attacking Rami Malek.

Fuck all you lousy, mouth-breathing hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 50January 29, 2019 3:39 AM

In the wake of abuse, there is no better career move than presenting yourself as a self-appointed moral police officer for all of Hollywood!

by Anonymousreply 51January 29, 2019 3:43 AM

Meanwhile during the run of Rent, Anthony used to invite underage gay boys to come see him at the stage door if they were traveling into NYC to see the show and he would "give them a tour." He was notorious for it. I find his holier than thou attitude eye rolling.

by Anonymousreply 52January 29, 2019 3:47 AM

Nothing like a little old-fashioned bullying to try to keep people in line. Apparently his vitriol will be reserved only for the rich and famous, not the lower-tier actors:

Anthony Rapp

‏Verified account @albinokid

Jan 25

I’m talking most specifically about actors who are in a position to choose their roles without worrying about paying their rent. Also: is there any line you would draw if you were to learn about a potential employer’s behavior?

Soooooo I guess it's going to be a judgement call for Ms. Rapp? Where was she and her twitter shaming for all of those years when Spacey was still making House of Cards and movies?

by Anonymousreply 53January 29, 2019 4:03 AM

R52 what about the young girls? Surely this red blooded bisexual must have been smashing pussy left and right?

/sarcasm

But I do like singer being called out tbh

by Anonymousreply 54January 29, 2019 4:22 AM

Rami knew.

by Anonymousreply 55January 29, 2019 4:26 AM

Any big actor who works with Singer or Avi Lerner in the future will lose my respect and support. In the past I admit I justified overlooking accusations by telling myself it was complicated or there was no reason to punish everyone involved in a project or whatever, but the sheer scale of abuse and perversion has changed my outlook. I’m ashamed of the excuses I made in the past.

by Anonymousreply 56January 29, 2019 4:27 AM

R66 whatever happened to the Terry Crews thing? And why’d is up with the guy who groped him? Married to a woman but looks like a typical gay guy. Not a flamer, but one of thos guys into leather or someone who holidays at Palm Springs with his husbear type

by Anonymousreply 57January 29, 2019 4:46 AM

“I think that the allegations and things were, believe it or not, honestly something I was not aware of, and that is what it is,”

by Anonymousreply 58January 29, 2019 4:53 AM

r21 He means going forward. He is not after Bohemian Rhapsody or anything that came before. Now Singer should be ended as Spacey was 2017. All this "House of cards" "Did he only hear now" comments are completely off topic. Now everyone heard, now you can't defend doing a film with him.

by Anonymousreply 59January 29, 2019 4:54 AM

Singer and Harvey were two sides of the same coin

by Anonymousreply 60January 29, 2019 4:56 AM

Is he going after Ariana Grande for starring in Red Sonja?

by Anonymousreply 61January 29, 2019 4:59 AM

Good for him. Bizarre to see the defensiveness in here, surely out of all the predatory filmmakers out there, Singer is one who hardly needs defending. His movies are shit, it's not like we're losing some great artiste.

by Anonymousreply 62January 29, 2019 5:11 AM

The Usual Suspects is far from shit, but go on.

by Anonymousreply 63January 29, 2019 5:14 AM

The Usual Suspects relies too heavily on its twist. The Xmen films are corny garbage. This is not a case of a brilliant but awful artist a la Brando, Singer is not worth sacrificing morals over. Avi Lerner’s list of movies are mostly shite as well.

by Anonymousreply 64January 29, 2019 5:31 AM

R50: The problem is not him attacking Singer (which would be way braver 5 years ago) it's him putting the focus on actors when they are not responsible of Singer being chosen as director.

Singer's pool parties were known, but this opens the doors for actors being responsible for the behaviour of directors and producers in the future, and they are not.

And of course, Singer was not judged and condenned and in democracy you are innocent till proved guilty. Probably not the case, but we had several MeToo accusations that were proved false

by Anonymousreply 65January 29, 2019 2:03 PM

He is trying to destroy Singer's career, by shaming people choosing to work with him now. There have to be no victims in this. He just has to be dropped from Red Sonja and exiled like Spacey and all is well.

If you really choose to do Red Sonja with him... well, is that really necessary? Then you can't be surprised by the reaction at least.

And no, now is exactly the right time. It's not about pool parties, it's about usall knowing about heavily alleged rape and molestation.

by Anonymousreply 66January 29, 2019 2:18 PM

People have known about Woody Allen for decades and he has never had any trouble casting his movies. His latest film stars DL fave Timothee Chalamet and it was filmed well after the MeToo movement. How do you explain the actors' involvement in this? Rebecca Hall, Liev Schreiber, Selena Gomez all agreed to take part.

by Anonymousreply 67January 29, 2019 2:30 PM

R67 I'm NOT defending Woody Allen - but people can point to both the police investigation and the custody trial and NO CHARGES were ever filed or stuck against Woody.

So at least actors can use that as a shield when asked about Woody.

by Anonymousreply 68January 29, 2019 2:33 PM

Have criminal charges been filed against Singer?

by Anonymousreply 69January 29, 2019 2:39 PM

But the Singer accusations never went to trial, r68. Right now, legally, he is an alleged abuser as he only has been accused (and not in a court of law to boot). This is where Rapp may be treading into harassment territory.

by Anonymousreply 70January 29, 2019 2:41 PM

Where’s Anthony Twitter attack on Rami Malek then? After all, Malek was in a TV show, and he definitely took the role of Freddie Mercury when he was financially secure.

by Anonymousreply 71January 29, 2019 2:44 PM

Ms. Rapp is picking and choosing who she wants to attack here.

by Anonymousreply 72January 29, 2019 2:45 PM

R71: Attacking Singer is safe, he is not liked, not even in the gay community (and "coming out" as bisexual when he was accused the last time didn't help).

Malek, while not an A list, is popular enough, and he is likeable, so attacking him will come with backlash (even it's very obvious that Malek is lying about not knowing about Singer's fame, but hey, he is fake dating for the sake of getting an Oscar)

by Anonymousreply 73January 29, 2019 2:47 PM

Only twitter-attack people that no one cares about to avoid possible backlash.

by Anonymousreply 74January 29, 2019 2:58 PM

[quote] Dear Anthony Rapp. So, you're fine forever singing the lyrics and notes of a dead plagiarist, but not a molester. Cool.

The fact that the author he allegedly plagiarized from didn't even recognize the similarities to her work when she first saw Rent really reduces the credibility of her accusation, imo.

by Anonymousreply 75January 29, 2019 4:48 PM

[quote] The Xmen films are corny garbage. This is not a case of a brilliant but awful artist a la Brando, Singer is not worth sacrificing morals over.

True, but the X-MEN movies for Fox were seminal for a lot of Millennial gays. Yeah, it was silly superhero popcorn garbage but it had an important subversive undercurrent that you will not find in AQUAMAN, SHAZAM!, AVENGERS and so on.

For me this case is a little anguishing; not in the mouthbreathing Comic Book Guy way but because X2 changed my babygay life when I saw it at like 8 years old. It seemed like an FU, a mission statement, a militant rallying cry. Now of course I understand it was a smokescreen for something dark & ugly, but at the time it didn’t feel that way. Without seeing that movie as a kid I don’t think I’d be half the gay person I am now.

For me this drama unfolding is like a decent religious man discovering that the defiant cool inspiring mega church youth pastor who first brought him to Jesus was actually violating kids at Xtian camp for years.

For the record I think Singer should atone for the sum of whatever it is he’s done and should be stripped of future accolade as justice for anyone vulnerable he’s targeted. What can we do about the past? It’s just a crying shame we lost an allegory to it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 29, 2019 5:41 PM

[quote]For me this drama unfolding is like a decent religious man discovering that the defiant cool inspiring mega church youth pastor who first brought him to Jesus was actually violating kids at Xtian camp for years.

Those of us who watched [italic]Mr. Belvedere[/italic] could have warned you about that.

by Anonymousreply 77January 29, 2019 5:43 PM

I do understand r76. That’s how I feel about Harry Potter as a book nerd. Realizing as an adult that Rowling is kind of a shitty, greedy person has been a hard pill to swallow. Obviously not at all same situation as Rowling is not an abuser just deeply flawed, but yeah coming to terms with the iconic works that helped shape us but don’t hold water these days is hard. I get it.

by Anonymousreply 78January 29, 2019 5:58 PM

[quote] Singer and Harvey were two sides of the same coin

Yeah, a shekel.

by Anonymousreply 79January 29, 2019 6:02 PM

[quote]Singer's pool parties were known, but this opens the doors for actors being responsible for the behaviour of directors and producers in the future, and they are not.

The women in the business (actresses and otherwise) have decided since #metoo to look out for one another. They are determined to do what they can to make the environment safer for women to be in no matter what job they hold in the industry. They say it in interviews, they say it at round tables, they are saying it as they pick up their awards.

Meanwhile you mothefuckers are in this thread brushing off your shoulders any responsibility you have to do the same for the prey of molesters like Singer.

by Anonymousreply 80January 29, 2019 6:07 PM

LOL Rowling is a nice enough broad, don't even try to compare.

Coming after Malek would make ZERO sense as he didn't know any more than anyone who worked in X-Men or any of the other films, namely something like "Pool parties LOL, take care about that guy, he's a perv!" or WHATEVER, point is the information and general attitude towards it didn't change until now. NOW you can introduce new standards, not randomly apply them to 2017, because you just happen to be aware of Bohemian Rhapsody right now. .

Why wasn't Woody Allen shamed and ghosted? Times were different. Kevin Spacey was cut out of a finished movie, and Harvey Weinstein exiled from town because of lesser ALLEGED crimes than Woody Allen.

by Anonymousreply 81January 29, 2019 6:07 PM

Wow. Comparing Rowling to Singer.

Who cares what JK does or doesn't do with her money unless she's using it to molest underage boys.

by Anonymousreply 82January 29, 2019 6:11 PM

[quote] Why wasn't Woody Allen shamed and ghosted?

He was shamed, and there was both a police investigation and custody trial - NO charges were laid against him

by Anonymousreply 83January 29, 2019 6:11 PM

Lol really R1? A plagiarist is equal to a pedo? You’re a FUCKING MORON.

by Anonymousreply 84January 29, 2019 6:16 PM

R80: Are you an idiot or what. How people writing here have any responsability in what Singer did?

And the MeToo movement is deeply flawed like the Aziz Ansari article proved.

It's not the same being raped and blacklisted than having sex with a producer and not getting the role.

Singer was not judged yet. Do i think he is guilty? yes, but what i (or you) think doesn't matter at all, what matter are proves. Singer skipped the first accusations because the accusers were a bunch of frustrated actors that didn't get the reward the expected after having sex with him. So they better have something more solid this time because for sure that Singer has good lawyers.

But i repeat, Singer being guilty or not is not the point, Rapp is putting the blame on the actors which are the weakest link here. Most actors are unemployed, most actors have zero power on the industry. If he wants to blame someone, he should blame the ones who hire Singer. And i find very dangerous this mob mentality, because maybe Singer is an usual suspect, but we have some cases on MeToo were the accuser was not guilty

by Anonymousreply 85January 29, 2019 6:44 PM

[quote] And i find very dangerous this mob mentality,

And that is what Anthony Rapp has threatened to do, use his social media platform to egg on his followers and supporters to create a mob against anybody who works with Singer.

by Anonymousreply 86January 29, 2019 6:49 PM

Anthony needs to whip up the online outrage to attack Rami first

by Anonymousreply 87January 29, 2019 6:54 PM

No, cause he is not a crazy asshole, sorry Brad.

by Anonymousreply 88January 29, 2019 6:57 PM

If they're forming a lynch mob against anyone who ever worked with him, then they can start with David Schwimmer. He was the worst part of [italic]Apt Pupil[/italic], and being the worst part of a film that involved an age of consent lawsuit is proof of just how bad an actor he is.

by Anonymousreply 89January 29, 2019 6:58 PM

DAILY MAIL dropped Bryan Singer 2014 PAYOFF details today....---------"The $100,000 would be taxed because of the nature of the suit, and $40,000 would go to the law firm representing Egan, leaving him with less than $30,000 in the end. In his initial suit, Egan claimed he was sexually abused when he was 14 or 15 and moved to Los Angeles with his family to start his acting career. It was in LA that he was introduced to Hollywood power player Marc Collins-Rector and his lover Chad Shackley when he was invited to a party at Collins-Rector's home. These parties allegedly 'featured sexual contact between adult males and the many teenage boys,' according to Egan, but he maintains he 'never freely' consented to the advances... LINK BELOW------>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 29, 2019 7:03 PM

Marc Colons-Rectum and Bryan Singer both have those same creepy fish lips.

by Anonymousreply 91January 29, 2019 7:06 PM

Being shamed by Anthony Rapp is like being called ugly by a frog. What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 92January 29, 2019 7:54 PM

Anthony Rapp took Spacey down, you anon cunt.

by Anonymousreply 93January 29, 2019 8:05 PM

Anthony Rapp took Spacey down for a sexual assault that never came close to being a sexual assault. Fuck you if that makes you happy (and you'd better be female, not gay).

by Anonymousreply 94January 29, 2019 8:07 PM

Ew, a pedo troll.

by Anonymousreply 95January 29, 2019 8:09 PM

^This bitch again. Are you on call?

by Anonymousreply 96January 29, 2019 8:10 PM

Disney is just going to reboot X-Men without him.

by Anonymousreply 97January 29, 2019 8:12 PM

r96 This is the first time I have the pleasure of making your acquaintance. If you frequently find yourself called a "pedo troll", maybe the reason is you.

by Anonymousreply 98January 29, 2019 8:13 PM

PLEASE tell me you are female. I refuse to believe anyone in my gender could be that stupid (and that pearl clutching).

by Anonymousreply 99January 29, 2019 8:16 PM

The word is sex, R99.

by Anonymousreply 100January 29, 2019 8:19 PM

Maybe they mean gender. Never assume mental health, least of all from a pedo troll.

by Anonymousreply 101January 29, 2019 8:23 PM

You have to go forward not backwards and try and do an unfair retroactive witch hunt. Most actors are not involved with the specific details of their directors or producers sex lives. Even if they were, they are not the sex police and may not have known everything. But moving forward, yes go for it.

by Anonymousreply 102January 29, 2019 8:53 PM

You're under arrest for picking fruit before it's ripe.

by Anonymousreply 103January 29, 2019 8:54 PM

Anthony Rapp is referring to people who WILL work with Singer, not people who worked with him in the past

by Anonymousreply 104January 29, 2019 8:55 PM

"I have a CAUSE!! (P.S. Please hire me, someone. Anyone.)"

by Anonymousreply 105January 29, 2019 9:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!