Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pastor charged with murder of black trans woman near notorious Detroit park

Gotta love religious hypocrites. RIP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 14, 2018 3:40 PM

Several other murders of transwomen in the same area. Hm...

by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2018 11:34 PM

Except he was in a place known for picking up trans women.

by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2018 11:45 PM

Check his basement and backyard.

by Anonymousreply 4December 13, 2018 11:49 PM

I do wish they'd stop referring to these poor gay victims as women.

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2018 11:50 PM

Such a "forgiving black person of faith".

by Anonymousreply 6December 13, 2018 11:52 PM

Have you trans-hating freaks no decency? Must you dance on their graves?

by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2018 11:53 PM

Heterosexual white male identifying as 'lesbian' = Life expectancy of any other heterosexual white male. Gay black man identifying as straight woman = Life expectancy of gay black man.

by Anonymousreply 8December 13, 2018 11:54 PM

This is why it's so frustrating when the autogynephile-type trans activists scream that lesbians not dating them is "literal violence!" There [italic]is[/italic] a real problem with violence against MTFs, but it's the gay type, as R5 points out, who are the target of this violence, and it's straight men who perpetrate it.

by Anonymousreply 9December 13, 2018 11:55 PM

Thank you R9

by Anonymousreply 10December 13, 2018 11:56 PM

They have a stranglehold on language, r9. If we can't name it, we can't fight it.

by Anonymousreply 11December 14, 2018 12:08 AM

R2...

by Anonymousreply 12December 14, 2018 12:13 AM

[quote]Several other murders of transwomen in the same area

Well even if the Pastor is a serial, murders of black trans women have got to be staggering nationwide. Im sure we will be getting those depressing statistics from the government or LGBT organization very soon. There were a slew of black transgender women murdered in Florida and Georgia this year as well.

Black trans women usually turn to prostitution because they cannot get hired for any kind of regular employment. There are also many closeted men out there who will kill to keep a secret. Bad situations all around.

by Anonymousreply 13December 14, 2018 12:17 AM

R12 It's true. He almost passes. If he doesn't disclose that he's a man beforehand to an ignorant heterosexual with poor eyesight he assumes all risk. Telling someone you're the opposite sex/the duchess of york in order to get sex is rape by deception.

by Anonymousreply 14December 14, 2018 12:22 AM

Plus, a lot of times there is substance use involved which further blur one's normal perceptions.

by Anonymousreply 15December 14, 2018 12:24 AM

His lover, the pastor with the pistol, obviously knew he was man though. He still needs to disclose his status to all beaus and johns.

by Anonymousreply 16December 14, 2018 12:27 AM

I'm not seeing R2; perhaps I have that poster blocked already. But thank you, R12, that's a sad example of the "gay panic" defense that Edward "Gwen" Araujo's killers used nearly 20 years ago.

[quote]If we can't name it, we can't fight it.

I totally agree, R11. But there are a greater number of logical thinkers in the gay community, and elsewhere, than SJW social media would have us believe, and no one has a stranglehold on our language.

by Anonymousreply 17December 14, 2018 12:29 AM

R17 Trans panic is definitely at play in the case.

by Anonymousreply 18December 14, 2018 12:31 AM

It's tough though. Not disclosing that you're a man = Criminal, by my estimation. Engaging in sex with someone who you know is a man but later decide to kill = Also criminal.

by Anonymousreply 19December 14, 2018 12:37 AM

I should say not disclosing that you're a man OR WOMAN. There was a vice article written recently where a trans female who pretended to be a gay man admitted to raping men in the dark (bathhouses) and was praised by the author of this article for her feat of deception.

by Anonymousreply 20December 14, 2018 12:40 AM

In these situations, trans activists insist that the "problem" is that the wider culture sees trans women as men and that's why they object to male actors playing trans women.

That things like that literally cause trans women to die at the hands of men.

Supposedly, if trans women were accepted as women then these men wouldn't feel shame about having sex with them and thus wouldn't kill the trans women.

by Anonymousreply 21December 14, 2018 12:42 AM

R21 They're full of shit, obviously. Even the most deluded tranny chasers know they're men.

by Anonymousreply 22December 14, 2018 12:44 AM

R20 but I thought that trans women had "lady brains". That's why it's okay to house them with women in homeless shelters, jails and such.

by Anonymousreply 23December 14, 2018 12:46 AM

New Lifetime Original Movie: The Chocolate Tranny Murders

by Anonymousreply 24December 14, 2018 12:46 AM

It’s been a week of black rampage against gays and trans people.

by Anonymousreply 25December 14, 2018 12:46 AM

R23 That had nothing to do with my post. Focus.

by Anonymousreply 26December 14, 2018 12:48 AM

R26 it does have to do with your post. Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 27December 14, 2018 12:51 AM

R27. No. I'm trying to help you. Go back to GC twitter if you want to be unanimously agreed with.

by Anonymousreply 28December 14, 2018 12:53 AM

[quote]Well even if the Pastor is a serial, murders of black trans women have got to be staggering nationwide. Im sure we will be getting those depressing statistics from the government or LGBT organization very soon. There were a slew of black transgender women murdered in Florida and Georgia this year as well.

The rate is actually lower than it is for the general population. 26 murders in a population estimated to be 1.4 million in the US is .0018% or 1.8 in 100,000 people; the overall rate is 4.9. In that Detroit article, there were 3 homicides of transgender men since 2011 out of a total 2209 homicides in that same time period.

by Anonymousreply 29December 14, 2018 12:56 AM

With respect, R18, I'm going to continue calling it "gay panic," because that's the real issue at hand. The men who kill these prostitutes aren't doing so because they think, "Gosh, this is a different kind of woman than I expected." They're doing it because they think, "This is a man." And they're right about that.

I disagree with R14, though. I don't think anyone deserves to be killed for propositioning, or having sex, with someone of the same sex -- not even if they're concealing their own true sex. Concealment is morally wrong, in my opinion, but it doesn't excuse murder.

On the question of whether concealment = rape, I am conflicted, and I'm curious to hear what other DLers think. Let me put all my cards on the table: I'm a lesbian. I know vaginas and vulvas inside and out, so to speak. There's no way in the world I could be fooled into having sex with a man who had a "neovagina," which can't even begin to approximate the anatomy or physiology of the female reproductive system. And that whole scenario is a stretch, anyway, since the overwhelming majority of "lesbian-identified transwomen" keep their penises, and are easy to spot even with their clothes on. So I admit that I'm skeptical of these "straight" men who claim to have been fooled by MTFs. I have always wondered whether, deep down, they know they're talking to men, and then they become enraged with themselves for desiring them.

Rather than trying to force people to ignore obvious truths about male and female bodies, we need to be fighting homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 30December 14, 2018 12:58 AM

There have been instances of black trans women murdering each other where the killer trans isn't identified as trans.

by Anonymousreply 31December 14, 2018 12:58 AM

R31 Name them.

by Anonymousreply 32December 14, 2018 1:06 AM

Here is one of the cases, R32. Barrin was killed by fellow black trans woman, Jalen Breon Brown.

HRC Mourns Ava Le’Ray Barrin, Trans Woman Killed in Georgia:

HRC complained about the misgendering of Barrin but not of Brown. This probably explains why there was so much media confusion over the gender identity of Brown.

Murder charges against Brown were eventually dropped after it was determined the killing was in self-defense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 14, 2018 1:24 AM

Thank you R33

by Anonymousreply 34December 14, 2018 1:43 AM

"There is a real problem with violence against MTFs, but it's the gay type, as [R5] points out, who are the target of this violence, and it's straight men who perpetrate it. "

Honestly, being sexually involved with straight men seems to put a person at a huge risk for violence. Straight women are assaulted and killed by straight men so often the news rarely reports it, and the same goes for transwomen who like men. The risks are higher still for prostitutes.

Of course the trans activists who get the most media attention are the ones who want to blame lesbians and feminists for all their problems, which is mega-creepy on a lot of levels. Neither the activists nor the media want to call straight men out for committing violence against women or transwomen.

by Anonymousreply 35December 14, 2018 2:22 AM

**Men who falsely believe themselves to be women

by Anonymousreply 36December 14, 2018 2:24 AM

Why pretend when there are websites and apps that cater to men seeking transgender women? Deception is never a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 37December 14, 2018 2:54 AM

'Male prostitute Murdered' - Fixed the headline

by Anonymousreply 38December 14, 2018 2:56 AM

Bullshit. More actual "women" have probably been killed by their significant others or from other straight men for perceived slights/rejecting their advances this year than "23" trans MTF.

So tired of this misthanrope.

by Anonymousreply 39December 14, 2018 3:04 AM

Three real, biological women are murdered every day by spouses or exes in the US alone. This does not include those murdered by strangers. But sadly nobody cares about actual women.

Men are afraid women will laugh at them, women are afraid men will kill them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 14, 2018 4:34 AM

I’m with r30.

No such thing as “tranny panic.” It’s root cause is “gay panic.” But gays are honest about their gender. We don’t deceive people.

My straight bro is on a dating app. He now closely scrutinizes ladies to make sure they’re born female. Because trannies don’t care about your sex pref. They won’t come out and tell you that they’re XY.

by Anonymousreply 41December 14, 2018 3:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!